Any games where I can be a spellsword/hybrid character and not be useless or underwhelming?

Any games where I can be a spellsword/hybrid character and not be useless or underwhelming?

Multiplayer a huge plus

Pyromancer in dark souls 1, pyro magic doesn't scale with stats but equipment so you can do physical just fine.

Fuck off

BG2 as Kensai/Mage or Ranger/Cleric. Though with R/C you can't use a sword.

Do Paladins count? They have magiks

Dark Souls but only because every character has to have melee or they die.
NWN 2, melee bard is the most broken character you can play.

Any D&D game with mage dual or multiclasses and bards
Mages can be arcane warriors in DA:O, but to do that you have to play DA:O
Geralt can also focus on "magic" in all three games

Technically you can, and blades or thief/mage gish are so much more satisfying than kensai memes.

Oh mate, my first toon in NWN2 was a Tiefling Bard/Dragon Disc. = absolute havoc!

I liked getting the Sunlight Blade for my characters, but the fact that you have to put +40 into faith just to use one spell is really annoying.
I know there are other weapon enchanting spells, but I really preferred how SB looked.

DaS is all about fashion as far as I'm concerned.

I think I'll just resign myself to being a weapon master. I've never played that before, so I might as well.

You can also spend points in int or faith and then make a magic or holy weapon that scales with those stats. Dark souls is perfect for what OP wants, weapon in a hand, spellcasting on the other, there's even spells that affects the wepon on your other hand. And it does have multiplayer features..

C'mon now, don't derail the thread so early

For the Sunlight blade build, I reccomend the Obsidian greatsword. It's like the Drake sword in that it doesn't scale damage and it can be buffed with resins/spells.
As for the Rogue mage, try a swashbuckler 3/rogue 3/wizard 14/arcane trickster 10 build. Take the feat combat insight.
Now for every point of int, you get 2 damage on your melee. It also scales your spellcasting. Dex helps both your defense and offense. Practiced spellcaster to get 28 caster levels.
The main problem with this build is the low inventory space. And it's a melee build with a low bab. Low fort saves also makes it vulnerable to death magic, poison and diseases. If you take a race without wizard as a favoured class, you will get an exp penalty.

In what game?

Not all paladins have magics. Some have prayers. In fact, the proper way to do paladin is to give them prayers, not magic spells. WoW did it wrong.

But what if they prestige class?

mayonnaise is fucking disgusting. that weird rhino knows what's up

It's fine as long as you got a pepsi.

Dragon's Dogma has a mystic knight class

Bloodmage + Arcane Warrior is the best build i ever played as. Loved how you could completely change your playthrough as a mage into bloody spellsword like this.

NWN2.

Thanks for the advice.

Btw where do you guys get your portraits for games like NWN and IWD?

Which reminds me

I'm pretty sure mystic knight isn't what OP is looking for. It has weapon buffs, shield buffs, and some various things you place on the ground. The closest you get to a magic missile is a glowing ball you place on the ground that shoots at enemies when you hit it.

I forgot to mention that you'll probably want to pick beetle as your familiar to compensate for your very low hp. You'll be relying on spells for defense which is bad since they can run out.

It's not rocket science then. Use mage shit to help your primary style. Facilitate sneak attack damage: invisibility, darkness, disables or crowd control if you're a sniper. Provide support in the way of summons or buffs when up against undeads, constructs or if you're a slasher.

Mainly don't fall in the trap of taking prestige classes you don't really need or thinking you're a caster first and rogue second. And yes, even if the majority of your levels are in fact caster class.

Real men cut their own shit.

Arx Fatalis, magic there is OP, and there's plenty of utility spells that can help an otherwise melee-focused character.
Alternatively, Dark Messiah of M&M, made by the same studio.

Thank you for ruining dork souls and every fromsoft game after it you fucking bunch of muh pvp faggots, thanks to you the single player is boring as fuck because all gear and magic are weak as fuck.