Playing Dark Souls underleveled

Have you ever beaten some boss in Dark Souls while underleveled?

I took on the Stray Demon with an unupgraded Drake Sword, the son of a bitch took like 60 hits to die. I died so many times and had to come up with the most frustrating strategy, basically had no room for any errors. The image of his bulging, cancerous, rotten ass is forever burnt into my mind as a result.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/MichelKobayashi/search?query=souls like
twitch.tv/holyourhorses
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

so what you're saying is you're really bad at the game? Level 1 playthroughs are common as all hell

dark souls 1 is actually not all that difficult, it's very very reasonable. the only difficult boss would be bed of chaos because it's bullshit

omg such hardcore game!!

I honestly don't get the appeal of this game

Did you do it for the challenge or was that just the best weapon you had at the time?
Usually people will do lvl1 runs with a strong weapon + resin.

Some do weak weapons but it seems like complete torture and takes forever.

Then you're autistic user, sorry to tell you. At least you might be able to get some government money now though.

Normalfags got tricked into thinking it's hard and thus the retarded GAMER culture can't let go.

Post sonic edit.

I don't have it, massa'

I'm here, ain't I? And not a pikey so I highly doubt that.

Not really my kind of game but the way I see it say Dragons Dogma is superior in just about every way.

He's weak to bleed. You can kill him quickly with nothing but an unupgraded Bandit Knife or Jagged Ghost Blade.

I can't even beat first dark souls overleveled
i have to cheat souls or farm a lot
DS1 is way harder than bloodborne or DS3
all because of abundance of items and farming grounds in later games

Yeah the problem isn't the levels, it's the fucking weapons. Unupgraded weapons make everything so frustrating. Not even difficult, just frustrating. Everything takes ages.
It was just the best I had at the time.

I don't think you even played the game if you think level has anything to do with the Drake Sword's damage.

yeah, so you're saying you're bad at the game. Drakesword+0 can carry you through the entire game super easily.

And when dragon's dogma is superior to anything you know you're in deep shit.

How are Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma comparable in any way beyond superficiality?

I have never played a single game in this series and never will.

Yes, but not SL1. I think under-upgraded weapons makes the most fun restriction.

Personally, I'm the type who loves self-imposed limits to make the game harder, but I don't spend time doing challenge runs per say. The difference, to me, is that a challenge run is something that doesn't replace playing the game 'normally', but the right self-imposed restrictions can.

Then you're not a real gamer!

Stop being autistic you autistic autists.

I'm merely acoustic.

You seem really desperate to make that point, I've never heard such an obvious admission of "I'm a bitter faggot".

I'm not even talking about the game's difficulty, but how it turns into a game of endurance rather than skill when your weapon takes ages to kill anything.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying.
You seem bitter yourself that you're shit at the game and trying to jack yourself off with an obvious "I'm so hardcore" topic.

Are you trying to say "SL1" run in retard speak or something?

Yes I've beaten the game. Then I went to gargoyles and camped there to kill lowbies again and again for a long long time.

Here OP, instead of arguing with the other faggots let me just speak to you directly with my suggestion: Don't stick with +0, go with self-imposed upgrade limits.

Here's one upgrade schedule I've done:
+0 Gargoyles/Darkroot Garden/Butterfly
+2 Basin/Hydra/Lower Burg/Capra/Depths/Gaping
+4 Blighttown/Great Swamp/Quelaag/Ceaseless + Catacombs/Pinwheel/Darkroot Forest Protectors/Sif/Hellkite
+6 Sen's Fortress/Iron Golem/Anor Londo/Painted World/O&S
+8 end game areas

Maxing out at +6 is also very reasonable, but bosses like Kalameet start feeling a little slow. I actually think I might prefer a +6 maximum for clubs and +8 for other weapons.

That's impossible.

*teleports behind you and whispers in your ear*

That's what the resin is for.

Nigga if my retarded ass could beat the game, then so can you.

M8, it's doable with anything, I did it with a Bandit Knife

but why though

No it isn't, I did it the first time I played Dark Souls because I didn't know about the Blacksmith.

What? I'd assume you were shitposting if it weren't for your previous post.

It sounds like you've played the other games. You should know how no wall is insurmountable. Obviously beating DkS1 normally first should come before doing restrictions.

Because it is boring to dodge and hit the same 4-5 movesets of a boss for 30 minutes.

But we're talking about doing runs with unupgraded weapons, buffing ruins the point

Pretty much.

Don't Get on my level.

I mostly made the thread to drive the point that weapon upgrade level is important to make the game less frustrating. Difficulty and endurance are separate things, I know you agree because I always read people here complain about "bullet sponges" in FPS.
I never said I'm good, and you thinking this is a "I'm so hardcore" thread is pretty much an admission to bitterness.

No, I was referring to upgrade level of weapons too, since that's more important.

Certainly doable if you really get yourself into magic and pyromacies.

I don't know man, you could've just brought up something that wasn't a masturbatory fanfic to start your topic.

I could put trigger warnings for you but I'm not really into doing that.

Why sanctus? Do you need that regen doesn't seem to be worth the weight. or be able to twink very hard.

He should have started the thread with this one.

or the one about sentient Quake bots, which is totally real and not fake.

I'll never understand why autists obsess over this game so much, trying every specific type of run imaginable and replaying it several times in a row. I played it once and that's enough, it was fun, I explored pretty much its entirety since ranged and magic are shit. Don't you fags have other games to play?

That isn't DaS related or sexy…

Figured that it would be able to give the glass cannon twink a way to deal with thrown shit/recover from poison chip damage that doesn't involve rolling.

Is it so hard to believe that people like a game with good mechanics? I still play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic at least once a year for no other reason than I enjoy how it plays.

Demon pussy or no demon pussy and do you make the girl a Lich?

The bots weren't claimed to be "sentient" only that after playing against each other for years they had come to the conclusion that the only winning move was not to play.

I hear Carmack said the story is untrue because the code simply wouldn't create that scenario, but I still wonder if maybe there's something he just didn't think about that would cause that result.

No.

Done them all before, usually go with Xana and leave Leanna alive to bully Xana when I get near the church

That's the definition of sentient.

They hit max filesize and froze up, there's nothing special about that

sl 1 runs are fun and are a great way to make twinks for pvp. Teleport grabs will piss you off something viscous during sl1 runs though as they usually mean death.

No, it's not. An AI that can use information to form an answer isn't sentience.

I'm using the phrase rather loosely here. Not that they had actually thought about it like a sentient being, just simply that the math had been done and then the AI seeks out a course of action (in this case, inaction) that would accomplish that goal.

The soldiers in FEAR for example can make decisions about what actions to take in order to accomplish their various goals, but they aren't sentient. They can't actually think about what is happening, they just react to changing conditions and seek out resolutions.

Uh huh

It's very easy to believe people like a good game with good mechanics. What's that have to do with Dark Souls though?

You're a really funny guy. Funny like a clown.

Now you can go back. >>>/tumblr/

Leanna a shit.

He actually got offended, amazing.

Yeah, it is such an obscure series.

No it was just a lame joke. Super lame I sighed IRL when I read it.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Dancer with a lvl23 character, +3 dagger, non strengthened estus +6.

Basically the max leveling you can do to weapons and consumables if you want to get to Lothric Castle before Vordt.

It's been fucking eternity since this meme game first began being injected into everything, you can't possibly still expect a warm welcome for your obsessive need to have shit taste.

You aren't letting me tell you my opinions on it, you are completely powerless to stop me from telling you my opinions on it. It's shit, which is why I'm never touching it.

>

That wasn't an answer. That was a decision based on emotion.
Unless they were programmed to make specific moves, bots won't do those moves. Coming to that "conclusion" based on seeking "the only winning move", as you put it, can only come from emotion, since a bot doesn't care about winning or losing, it only cares to do the things it was programmed to do. As long as the bot aims and moves, it doesn't care if it gets shot.

What would that goal be? Not playing the game does nothing, it just makes it so that the scores stop changing. The "goal" you're talking about seems nothing but concrete.

I dunno if SL1 counts as underleveled, since you're still overpowered as fuck. Only difficult fights were Starsky & Hutch and Four Kings.
And forest cats.
Fuck forest cats.

Reminder that there's a very clear difference between a game being a hard and a game being not easy. Dark souls is the latter.

Interdasting.

That almost sounded deep.

Nigga wut? The Drake Sword does flat damage which makes it good against early game shit if you're not upgrading your gear but you'll quickly hit a wall once you hit Sens. At that point the damage potential of the Drake Sword drops off dramatically in comparison to other upgraded weapons. So no, that's horseshit, the Drake Sword won't easily carry you through the game, it will carry you for the first few hours and then abandon you to be brutalised because you didn't learn shit while you were being carried.

Don't mind the faggot, he was just being edgy because he's bitter.

You can technically beat the game with just your punches and SL1, it's just that each restriction makes the game more and more frustrating.

It's better damage than most every other weapon at +0. It's the easiest way to do an unupgraded run

I'm up to Dragon Slayer armor at SL20 with +3 weapons. Took a break to play Nioh :^)

The problem with SL1 playthroughs is they limit you to pyromancy, and any powerful non-scaling/chaos weapons that can be equipped at starting stats. It also seriously limits your fashion options since you'll need the mobility.

I miss doing SL1 dark wraith runs.

He can bleed, you are doing it wrong.

how much of a shitter are you?

B-b-b-b-b-but now normalfags who call themselves gamer say they are hardcore because they beat Meme Souls user! also, fuck memes!!

I think it's more like it's a hot topic for Holla Forums, so you're going to see all sorts of opinions, including shitty ones just made to stirr shit and be edgy.
Threads about other games don't get as many replies as threads about soul games.

Well, it's easy for redditors to sour the experience for the average user.
Also the sequels have been quite dissapointing, improving on certain aspects and fucking up literally everything else, so naturally that makes people bitter about the series.
And not that many people played Bloodborne, because nobody in their right mind buys a console for a single game.

bloodborne is only "harder" because you have no armor and enemies can one-shot you even at lvl 100, its the definition of artificial difficulty.

What game is that

How are we not allowing you to tell your opinions if you apparently think we are powerless to stop you?

Fam you're pretty fuckin terrible. Not even orphan of kos oneshots

I'll give you that you're incredibly weak all the time in Bloodborne, but not oneshot.

I beat the game at SL1 without pyromancy for the majority of the game.

this

It's way easier to do a No leveling run in DkS then BB. Yet it's also way easier to become overpowered in BB then in DkS. So it all depends on the circumstances. BB and DkS3 boss AI are more complex. Likewise DkS2 is the easiest game to play normally, but the hardest to do a No leveling run due to Iframes being tied to a stat.

I beat the entire game at level one, the only challenging parts were the 4 kings (since they're a DPS race that usually one-shots you) and Gwyn

I don't know why but I find Gwyn to be really difficult.

power within

Have you tried dodging at the correct time?

I once did a lvl 1 run, but it was pretty easy because I allowed myself to use upgraded equipment. A lightning reinforced club+5 is a godly undead bitch-smacker.
Now a run with bare fists/fists weapons was way harder because I went straight for the Dragon Bone Fist which fucking sucked. It's R2 is fucking sick though.

I could never beat him.
Too busy miring his extra thicc ass.

4kangz yeah i agree but gwyn? nigga just parry him

user that is impossible to be true. You can have a plus +15 weapon before even killing Quelaag, The Gargoyles or the Stray Demon and you are not locked into having to fight the Stray daemon. You could have easily ungraded any weapon and the Stray Demons has basically 4 attacks two of witch are easily to avoid AOE if you stay behind him. Kill the Stary Deamon with an upgraded Drakesword might be a bit of a challenge for the average player but it was entirely an unnecessary one.

I beat both Demons and Dark on SL1, its not that hard once you memorize where the items and monster patterns. In fact, it made the game more fun. It helps in the get gud dept as well. When I picked up DS2, I unknowingly selected the faction that is for challenge and did not level up as was the norm, I did not get too far but it can be done.

You are completely removed from the position of deciding whether or not I post my opinions. An inability to stop me from posting those opinions is an inability to allow me to post them because you have no alternative to my posting them. Dark Souls is shit.

(checked)
Can anyone give me the source video on that fucking guy saying Souls-like over and over I've been trying to find it for a long time. Not the YTber the actual video.
(checked)
Your YTber waifu is a slut by the way

if you didn't get the hint MikeKob is the guy who made the video. Just search "souls like"
youtube.com/user/MichelKobayashi/search?query=souls like

kek

I mean, when you're raking in close to 10k in Twitch dough every month, it isn't hard to see how one can be neglectful towards those they love.

Lobos blew it, though. Fieldy is hot as fuck.

Please tell me you're baiting.

Nigger I know you're baiting.

He didn't blow shit. All she had going for her was "hot". With that level of success he can find another one.

damn son

Also Capra without some distraction spell

Lobos not a nu-male?

Speaking of Souls, what's a good starter build for DeS? Something balanced that let's me focus a little more on figuring out the layout of the maps and item placement.

also, do people still play DeS online?

Royalty is good. Magic is really useful against some bosses and you can use some spears and other dex weapons. You don't need to level up magic too much either.

30 strenght 51 resistance w/ dragon bone smasher/ curse weapon is probably the best build.
I played some online and i even had a dedicated pvp charachter, if you want i can invade you just let me know your level.

Gotcha, I'll start with that, though I'm looking more for actual builds. For instance, I rolled a Giant Dad for my first playthrough of DaS which let me focus on learning the game, then I got to have some real fun after a first playthrough.

Gonna start a new game some time tomorrow, but I appreciate the tips. I'll focus on those stats and let you know when I get to a decent level. I doubt it will take terribly long seeing as I can speed run DaS though I have heard DeS is harder.

DeS builds were a lot more ad hoc than DaS builds. Don't worry about it too much.

DeS gets harder on new game +
Bosses you have killed with ease will suddenly do twice as much damage or have up to three times the hp.
If
It's not important to minmax if you plan on doing one playthrough.

I'll have to see what you mean when I play it

I put 400 hours into DaS and I'm hoping I can get something like that out of DeS. I'm not tired of DaS but I am a little tired of the world and wouldn't mind something new to explore.

dark souls is meme game at this point because its not hard it was fun tho

Just stand between the trees and watch the retards sanic rollan helplessly right in front of you.
Fuck Hellkite Fag, though.

there's an easier way just befriend them

Still need to defeat Manus and Kalameet. Just kinda lost interest for a while after beating Artorias

This was genuinely a lot of fun. Gutter is tense.

eh. Meh. No interest, really.

holy shit, get a LOAD OF THIS NOOB.

100% on the money about weapons. Beating Asylum demon with just the broken sword you get at the start was the most frustrating video game experience I've ever had.

I want to buy a beer for whoever designed the Mask of the Father and the Helm of the Wise. They're such memorable designs.

Is there any rhyme or reason to his damage? Usually it's manageable but then randomly it takes all your life. It also sucks when he keeps spamming the "fly up and breathe down" attack. Dragons in Souls games can go fuck themselves.

New trick to try!

weebs still need to grind to play this crap, unbelieavable

Helm of the wise was designed by Konrad Seusenhofer as a gift for Henry VIII in 1514.

Bah, I expected at least one of them would be a real piece of armor. What about the dad mask?

git gud

Not as far as I'm aware but probably.

Well. It is a mask and not real armour.

harsh

Has anyone given the dark souls 3 dlc a try yet, and if so what is your opinion of the bosses?

Do you all play singleplayer only or did you buy it

This is what happens when you don't wear big heavy armor that makes you look big and buff. You get slapped like the pussy you are for midrolling and relying on it.

there's physically no actual reason to do that. DS3 is the easiest on NG+, so you can spend one run doing the upgrading and the walking through the game, and then the NG+ can be where you actually test out the character in an environment that feels even slightly harder, if not balanced whatsoever.

Pretty good overall. The last bosses of each seem specifically built to spank teams, Midir in particular is miles more difficult as a team than solo or with one Phantom.

Lobos was always a liberal bitch but his brother is truly the effeminate one. I wouldn't be supersized if he dumped her for getting fat.

Why?
no man, the chick is slopy and disgusting. She is just dolling herself up because to ride that cock carousel.

The second DLC is excellent. The first DLC is actually good content but too short, at 2 bosses to honestly recommend at the price point.

Because it's a meme, you dip, relevant to the topic at hand.

Side note, I never watched his Lobro streams, save for one instance where Lobro was doing some annoying shit in DaS. Are all his streams with him like that?

wew
He is famous for running challenge runs, speedrunning and for being the lead guitarist for a video game music cover ban that played video game related events. Dude keeps his politics to himself for the most part, seems pretty chill, sometimes the runs are comfy to watch but that all depends on if you care about watching streamers in the first place.

I meant Lobro as in his brother. I can see where you were befuddled, though.

Who wants to do some jolly cooperation with an executioner? Level 87 running around ringing bells.

The new DLC is pretty great.
Just be prepared for a lot of bullshit. The bosses themselves aren't too big of a deal, but there's a lot of bullshit moments that will leave you frustrated, like all the things you have to do to get in the new pvp covenant.

You mean, play the DLC?

What bullshit are you talking about?

oh his brother is a total loser. The only value in watching him is seeing a 37 year old man act like a whiny baby and feel better about yourself for not being him.

Fuck.

Knocking Midir off the cliff, then finding and killing him.

That's not even required to join the Spears.

*To be a Spear. Just remembered it is required if you want the badge.

Disregard my faggotry.

I bet it's not as funny as watching DSP and his antics.

I played through to about Anal Rodeo without upgrading anything because I didn't realize that was a thing until then.

I felt like it took ages to take down anything and game felt tough as balls as I needed to dodge most fights as best I could. Felt insane once I figured out leveling weapons and equipment was a thing and could take out trash almost instantly by backstabbing.

they all are easiest alone and are fairly old-timey with how you fight them, albeit having the new aged definition of hardness
piss easy when you can figure out how to hit them both at the same time, they have very tiny health bars generally, but they'll force you to fucking roll around a lot
same thing but it's only one and he is easy to not be punished by, although sometimes RNG comes and plays with you on whether or not he'll do the bullshit projectiles that put you in extra dodge time
old monk, easier and easier for faggots to run in with bullshit because from doesn't understand that a PVP boss should feel overpowered and hard to deal with, because it's a fucking boss controlled by a player
It's pretty much kalamete but with a bigger body and moves around a lot more, and it doesn't look as graceful as a big black dragon with one eye that stands up straight like a poodle
Pretty easy actually, just learn his patterns, again he has clear cut stop times where you can bite off a dink of his health and then go back to dodging.
All in all the DLC is kinda fun, the actual bullshit is the enemies, which are all sponges or hit you from far away. Or fucking both. Fucking teenaged mutant ninja clerics.

Playing bloodborne faggot, the over under is like 24 or 30 difference in level to help people, which means I can help really early game people, which is really good because most of the starting players need help with bosses, and that lends to fighting the early bosses again, which lends to reliving the good hunts I had early game. The only thing I have left to do is kill Orphan, which wouldn't be a problem if I didn't keep running out of vials, which communion helps with.

tohki bombs or any bow

take off your armor you tard
block more

i punched gargoyles to death with bare fist

The bosses in the second dark souls 3 DLC are the only good things in the DLC.

I said fuck because I'm too underleveled to do some co-op in the new dlc. Not trying to make fun of you for beating the dlc at the recommended level.

nigger I said it twice now I'm playing bloodborne
my character in NG+ is like 144 on DS3 though
DS3 coop is mostly shit though. With how your character looks I'd say 50 Vig, 30 end, 50 of whatever stat you want to be the highest for your weapons, and 30 or 25 for the rest of those, that will put you around 155, maybe 140 on the lower end of that spectrum and 170 if you want some higher QUALITY
Grats on killing midir with 45 points though, those are some neat numbers
what's your build faggot

Sacred flame, greatsword of judgement, Xanthous Crown, Jailer's robes.
I'll fuck around with my rings to use a surprising amount of different weapons. I only have +8 weapons and get a ton of invasions. I'm thinking of going to NG+ for more boss weapons though. Already killed soul of cinder.

Salt and Sanctuary
it's pretty good IMO

Its sad that ng+ in ds3 dont buff early enemy hp enough.

Not really, you can fight kalameth from any side and with this dragon you have to attack his head or he punishes you a lot. Midir is bullshit boss.

It`s like you don`t understand fun

I've never bothered with S&S because the art style is so ugly and I hate Flash rigging puppets. But I've heard good things about it. I want to give it a shot but cant get passed how awful the art is.

No thanks.

Illiterate retards aren't the types that should be making judgements like this.

does she have any lewds?

your damage in SL1 is really not that bad - especially in DS1

Op used unupgraded weapon.

I've done a SL 20 run in DS3 with only +3 weapons for twinking purposes, was pretty hard since I had no one to summon for bosses at that SL.

Turned out disgustingly OP though.

no son, you are the retard.
in which case holly shit kiddo you are beyond hope.
not an excuse.

You know I did it because I wanted to. The fight against the dancer is far more intense instead of the push over she becomes when you're maxed out.

I made a dickwaith build, basically a level 6 giant dad build made it all the way to the giant for the armor and lighting upgrade for my zwihander and cleared the 4 kings for the orb all at level 6. Just to Fuck with noobs.

nigger, My post are always top quality.

Anyone got the video where a text to speech program ran through the word filter? Video had nothing but that helmet and a black background.

checking my own glorious digits

Both are shit. Miyazaki has been working on 2 games for the last year, and neither of them were the DS3 DLC,
All the bosses are terrible except for the final boss of Ringed City, which is merely mediocre.
All of the level design and locations are absolutely fuck-horrendous bar the ringed city, which again; is mediocre.
The new weapons are all meta as all fuck and ridiculously strong compared to vanilla.
The "lore" is like an extension of DS2, which is to say it's fairly bland and uninteresting.
They added 6 Bosses for the DLC, and pretty much all of them are bad.

I just played through Dark Souls last week, and I can honestly say that the difficulty of this game must have been memed out of thin air. Every boss moves so slowly that they feel like you're fighting them in slow motion. I didn't even get hit by a single one of them until I fought Artorias - the first boss in the game that isn't a sleep-walking joke. Then I went to fight Kalameet and he was half-asleep like all the rest of the bosses. Manus gave me some fucks, though. Good for him.

I didn't put a single point into Vitality, Endurance, Resistance, Attunement, Intelligence or Faith. I just pumped my Strength and Dexterity and wore whatever rags I could find that kept me at the fastest roll.
The most difficulty I found in this entire game was probably the sprint through the electric flying gremlins and archers in anor londo, but that only took ~5 attempts before I got in and never saw them again. Tomb of Giants was also pretty tricky at first, before I realized that I could just dead-sprint past all of the skelebears straight to Nito's shit-house.

Compared to Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne, Dark Souls simply has no challenge. It feels like the game was made specifically for people who've never played vidya before, and who don't have reflexes or observational skills. Playing the games in reverse order, they just got easier and easier as I went along. Demon's Souls is next, and I've heard similar memes about how hard it is, but I'm expecting it to borderline play itself at this point. I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to feel some adrenaline again.

Level design of Dark Souls 3 is pretty bad all around, but Ringed City is by far the best area in the game. That DLC was the most fun I've had playing DS3 - Ashes of Ariandel by contrast is the least fun I've had playing DS3./
That's the biggest positive I can throw to Dark Souls 1: the level design and world design is some of the best I've ever seen.
Keeping with the subject of DLCs, all of the DS2 DLCs were complete garbage, and the DS1 DLC was excellent in its boss fights but surprisingly shit in its level design.

Bullshit. High Wall of Lothric, Lothric castle and the Archives are the best areas in the game by a mile. Ringed city is on the same level as something like Cathedral of the Deep, the Catacombs of Carthus,or the undead settlement. It's not as bad as the other locations in the DLC, as I've already stated.

The world design yes, the level design is a mixed bag though. A lot of the areas are straight up trash. Dark souls 3 has more consistent, and most of the time better level design than any location in Dark souls 1.

Agreed. The level design being elevated from dogshit to passable (and not consistently passable either) doesn't fix any other issues the game had.

The boss fights are great, for sure. The level design for the township is decent though, one of the better areas for DaS1. I'll concur with you for the Royal Garden and the Abyss though.

The difficulty was memed in, Demon Souls is not hard at all, it's just a game that doesn't hold your hand.

Just make a zappy weapon, faget

I've said this several times but I guess it hasn't caught on yet. Dark souls (DS1 at the very least) isn't hard, it's simply not easy. The game doesn't ask absurd feats from you, it just expects you to not be stupid and generally doesn't let you cut corners. The reason dark souls 2 failed as a sequel is because it didn't realize this and went out of its way to make things "hard" (constant combat against multiple strong enemies with a combat system designed for 1v1 combat) and even pushed this in the marketing.

twitch.tv/holyourhorses
just dropping this here because I feel like it'd be fun to advertise that I am playing BB so we can do co-ops

The advantage Demon Souls has over all other souls games after it is the lack of bonfires and considering the levels are pretty big the game becomes just as much as about the endurance of the journey as it is about fighting enemies especially if you miss unlocking shortcuts. Pisses me off that checkpoints are abundant in later games, there's little dread to losing progress.

so im doing a hollow build for dark souls 3, but obviously i cant both be hollow and SL1, so what should i pump those stats into for maximum hollow?

went to the leeds royal armoury last year with my bf, that helm is a lot bigger than the image gives it credit for

also if his codpiece is anything to go by Henry VIII had one hell of a fat cock

im sleep deprived and retarded, meant to say better looking

scrubs never cease to amaze me

if im gonna be a hollow, i should be as low a level as possible though

what makes you think that at all?

It's way fucking better than the garbage of base 3.

If Miyazaki didn't work on the DLC, it just goes to tell that he's not the secret ingredient people make him out to be. 3 is by far the weakest presentation in the series.

What balance? 3's PvP is an unplayable piece of shit with zero sense of good gameplay. You have two actually viable weapon types for multiplayer and if you try to be creative you get punished by a guy spamming R1.

3 is such a fucking bad game, I can't believe people defend it. Is this some sort of Bloodborne-thing? Sonyggers got so conditioned into believing that it has to be the right way for the franchise so they defend the same boring spammy combat on PC as well?

i wish to be the little burg hollow

then luck is your friend.

i was thinking stamina though, because r1 spam

When you start saying DaS3 is somehow worse than DaS2, we have problems.

It is. The gameplay is worse, obviously. The art might have more definition on it, but it's creatively bankrupt and boring edgelord diarrhea. Even when the level design is couple times theoretically better, it doesn't matter because the core gameplay is so tedious.

Except the gameplay in DaS3 is faster and better than DaS2. DaS2 is the spammy ass game with infinite life game, while you can finish most fights in DaS3 in matter of seconds.
Welcome to Souls series.

look mom, im being hip and edgy with my opinions on the internet

as I see it:
DaS2 was made by the team B, so you shouldn't expect to have top notch game design (granted IT WAS SHIT for the most part)

But DaS3? FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE
shit made by from, they have lost the scope of what made the Souls universe great
They turned to the max all the bad aspects from it: difficulty for the sake of it for the "le hard gayme may may", cryptic shit without any fucking sense, also "le bloodborne fast combat xDDD" FUCK THAT, if i wanted bloodborne combat, then i would play that game

Also, after all this fucking time, and the DLC is shit: nothing explained, not even a fucking closed ending, even a boss that is a rehash the pvp church spears, c'mon now, first they copy paste yhorm fight from demon's souls flying ray, and now this one? and even lazier because you can bring your own items

They are a bunch of lazy fucks, instead of learning from the critics that DaS2 received, they have continued doing so, and worse
yeah, i'm salty, i'm glad i didn't buy this piece of shit

honestly the last DLC in dark souls 3 is the only fucking part of the game that makes any meaningful improvements in terms of quality of content, and midir is the only boss since the first fucking game to remind me of why i loved the souls series, beyond the fun to be had invading.

that said, the DLC was basically one massive "fuck you" to the players, the only consistent thread being "this is it, youre not getting any more, and dont fucking expect any answers", even right down to the ending of literally being the last living thing in a desert of ash and ruins of previous civilizations.

More like it's the Hot Topic of video games. I'd rather be in a King's Field thread.

If the game is fast-paced and most enemies can be killed quickly, it is not tedious by definition.

Unecessary, DaS2 was unplayable due to stat-depending dodge.

So ok, DaS3 is too difficult and cryptic for you.

Doesn't sound like bad things to me.

And no, DaS3 ending effectively concludes the series.

DeS1, BB and DaS3 are all fast, only DaS1 is slow, and DaS2 is an abomination.

You fucker are lying out of your teeth.

DaS3 and its DLC have the best bosses of DaS series as a WHOLE.

They are the best outside of O&S, Artorias and Manus of the first game.

DaS2 bosses are shit. SHIT.

This guy was decent.

For all the shitting on DaS3's weapon movesets, DaS2 bosses really are fucking slow and limited in moveset.

Just big guy trying to really, really slow swinging his giant ass sword.

Compare that guy to Gundyr or Vordt or Yhorn.

Fuck the contrarians.

you have colossally missed the point
a fight may not be in and of itself, but a game consisting entirely of samey fights sure as fuck can be

this statement is self refuting, if the dodge was so bad then just pump some fucking points into it. i personally never had any problem with the dodging mechanics in 2, i just put in the effort of learning how to time my fucking rolls.

DaS3 bosses are all the fucking same save for midir, theyre all either rehashes of previous bosses, combo spam fests, or else thoroughly uninteresting gimmick bosses.

DaS2 also lacked good bosses though, i dont recall a single one i actually enjoyed in the way i did midir recently. hell, midir might just be my favourite boss in all of dark souls, thinking about it.

gundyr is a really nice boss in some ways, but fighting him twice kinda takes some of the novelty out of his moveset. i also think he could do to be a bit harder, and have some more flashy moves in his moveset to spice things up a bit.

The exception does not make the rule.

But DaS3 is not samey? Jesus christ, there are ton of enemies with varied enemies and plenty of shit you can do in the game.
You not having problem doesn't mean I don't. Stat-depending dodge roll means you are effectively punished unless you waste point on dodge stat, which is not a thing in DaS1 and DaS3.
DaS3 bosses all have so many moves compared to DaS1 and DaS2 bosses that it is impossible to say they are rehash.

DaS3 bosses are also the only ones that are immune to the whole lol just slash them at the ankle shit, because unlike other games, they are actually fast and punishing.

nothing at all on par with dark souls 1. dark souls 3 repeats the same mistake dark souls 2 made by making most opponents humanoid. this combined with the relatively lackluster level design results in areas getting less and less interesting as time goes on.

im saying your problem is a dire lack of skill, and youve nobody to blame for it but yourself.

im talking conceptually, you fucking idiot.

you say that, but my general approach of fighting bosses hasnt changed at all during dark souls 3, ive just gotten more aggressive and attentive to their movement.

But in DaS1, the most dangerous enemies are humanoid, skellies, flame hollow, knights…
So shitty design is excused because of my own lack of skill, what?
Nobody fucking cares, because concepts don't matter shit when the bosses really are better and more dangerous.
Because you already play DaS1 and DaS2.

If you get back to DaS1, you will notice all the bosses to S&O are now piss easy.

and? has observing the development and success of souls taught you nothing about good game design?

im saying this poor design decision is easily countered by even a modicum of effort put into actually learning how to play the game, and that nobody but you seems to be bitching about this.

you have missed the entire fucking point of souls, and the characteristics that make dark souls 1 better then its sequels. good job retard.

no, because nothing has really changed about the boss fight aside from tempo, which can easily be compensated for by altering your aggression level to fit the opponents moveset.

theyve been piss easy for me for years, if anything playing dark souls 3 makes things harder for me because dark souls 1 is mechanically more clunky than later games, so i need to adjust to things a bit.

Please explain to me good game design.
This "modicum of effort" is grinding of souls and put points into a state, or suffer slow roll, and no, pretty much everyone bitch about this because DaS2 is the ONLY game that has this.
Dark Souls 1 conceptually is open-world Demon's Souls, except slower. They are not original in concept either, by having taken many such concepts from King's Field.
It changes because the bosses in DaS3 are more aggressive, faster and has more movesets to counter you than other games.

If DaS1 bosses give you more trouble than DaS3, you might just be shit at vidya.

well, here are some of the things that make dark souls great which dark souls 3 lacks: strong world interconnectivity, verticality, diversity of environments, well balanced human and monter variant ratios keeping combat from getting stale, large scale city like environments as backdrops that help both give a sense of scale and also make the world feel lived in, and also tail cutting (im serious, adding an extra layer of optional challenge in a boss fight for an extra reward is a really nice touch).

no, this "modicum of effort" is learning how to time your fucking rolls. there is only one roll in all of the starting classes that i would not happily use throughout the entirety of the game, i forget which one of them it is but one of them genuinely has a serious stat deficiency in agility.

again, you are missing the point, you are avoiding the specific topic at hand.

and yet the exact same shit counters it optimally with just a little more effort put in. tail chasing is unfortunately inherent to the souls formula, even midir couldnt stop it completely with it taking half damage on anywhere but the head.

dark souls feels clunkier than 3, i cannot react as fast and as such they can catch me off guard from time to time. this normally wouldnt matter so much, but most of my playthroughs now on dark souls 1 are gunning for low SL builds.

I don't want no donkey kong levels in my dark souls.

That's not game design, that's level design, some are just aesthetics or immersion (hurr durr lively world, what the fuck?), game design is about enemy placement and moveset, and for that DaS3 is superior.
I already learn how to slow roll in DaS1, thank you very fucking much. There's no reason for a naked character to be punished for slow roll due to state. None.
What specific topic? That DaS3 bosses look like DaS1 bosses, but are actually superior.
That little more effort makes it harder than the other games, and no, they are not the same shit.
For a guy who master the slow ass roll in DaS2, you sure sound like a bad player.

you are an idiot

When you mention making big ass city to make the game feel more "lived in", I already know you have no idea what you are talking about, because that's not game design.

Also, there are entire levels in Dark Souls that have ONLY humanoid enemies.

I don't see the whining.

Coincidentally, the levels with the most varied enemy and animals, the Depth & Blighttown, are the most annoying in the game.

A night of what?

Diversity in environments can simply mean different aesthetics. It gets really boring when the same texture for bricks gets used over and over especially if they all have the same muted colour DS3 has an abundance of. The things DS1 and DS2 has an advantage over DS3 is that you can tell where you are by simply looking at the textures. DS3 areas for the most part all look the same.

Yeah, man, we really get wow at all the different environments in DaS2 like lava island with cloud inside a volcano.

Aesthetics-wise, DaS3 is the most limited but most consistent and most beautifully-designed.

Don't let yourself demotivated by these posters, OP. Almost all of them looked up guides on the internet, asked for advice on threads, or grinded to gain more levels and get some super armor or weapon that kills everything.

I played blind and got some stupid shitty armor and weapon and it also took me quite some tries not to die. I didn't just win in one or two try. I also recently completed super mario all stars lost levels, so I'm not a bad gamer.

if you did this you should just kill yourself already.

I did, user, knowing is half the battle.

You must be pretty bad at the game. Regardless of your level it should be very easy to avoid getting hit by Asylum Demon a single time. He's slow and will never hit you if you stand behind him.

you're a shit, the whole point of any game is to discover its secrets for yourself. you may as well have watched someone play it.

As said, guides exist, and I have read them.

it's almost like you take pride in being a cockgobbler.

There's no pride in it, but the internet exists for a reason.

Just avoid . He clearly has some brain damage as all he can say is the same thing, "I did it because I could."

Oh boy, all this because I read guides?

Yes. You and most of the people here who shit on those who aren't great at dark souls are the people that read guides, ask other anons for advice, look at walkthroughs, and do all kinds of shit instead of dying many times and learning the game by yourself. You try to make people feel bad for experiencing the game the way it's meant to be played. Go fuck yourself.

Your post show you have a very retarded mentality yes

So basically, if you have read guides, you aren't great at Dark Souls.

By reading guides and studying from people who have played the game before?

Retarded indeed.

Funny, I do this for all sort of game, but somehow Dark Souls is the holy grail where I cannot use guide.

What makes you think its ok for other games? You can pleb all you want but dont expect anyone to take you seriously

I used a guide after my first couple playthroughs, I wanted to know how you got the Uchigatana I always saw on the loading screens fite me

Oh, no guide allowed then, tough guy.

Good thing I don't expect anyone to take me seriously. It's just vidya game.

But the true hard games are games that are still hard even when you know every nooks and crawnies of it.

This isnt about how hard a game is

If you read guides you let someone else think for you, you idiot. You can do it, but don't go and act all mighty. People who die in games and learn from their mistakes are more respectable than you. It's not acceptable to do this for any games, except after you complete them or you've been stuck for a very long time after trying many times to find the answer.

If I read guides, I learn from someone else, I still do the thinking myself since I can improve the guide.

This is the forte of human, since we note shit down and let others learn from our knowledge/experiences, instead of just reinventing the wheels again and again.

So what is it about?

Do whatever you want, I've told you my opinion and I'm not gonna waste all day on this.

OK user.

Don't get too mad.

What's the point in playing if you just want to go through a fucking checklist and collect your "achievement"? You're not playing the game so much as you are following instructions, and that's the truly sad part. You should at least play through the game a single time without any assistance, otherwise you're not appreciating the experience. This is the very reason people complain about Skyrim style quest markers; they just plot a marker to your next objective so you can mindlessly walk in a straight line to whatever it is that you have to kill/activate/collect.

But I'm playing it though. I do not follow the checklist or anything.

Shoulda, coulda, there's no "correct" way to play a game. It's just entertainment.

The point remains that true hard games are hard, guide or not.

Hot.
Post some Stray Demon porn please.

You just got through saying that you tend to follow guides for a lot of games that you play. If you're following a guide, then you're not thinking about the game and how it works, you're relying on the thoughts and musings of the person who wrote the guide. That means that, by and large, you're not learning to play the game, and are instead following a checklist of objectives, like a shopping list.
It's not about being "right" or "wrong", it's about preserving a sense of discovery, and making the effort to explore uncharted territory. By following a guide, you are removing any mystery that the game could have presented.
What does that have to do with anything? It has nothing to do with the point I've been making. Whatever, do what you want.

As said, I check the guide for suggestion, for good suggestion, I follow, for bad suggestions, I don't.
Wut? Is reading book following a checklist then?
Guide or not, you still preserve that because reading =/= experiencing.
And your point is?
Yeah, of course, what else are you going to do to me?

You fucking autist. We both told you to do whatever the fuck you want because you're so stupid that it's not worth it. If you wanna be a stupid retard who wants the easy way in games instead of using your brain then GOOD FOR YOU. Stop bragging about your shitty mentality, "just entertainment bro, don't judge." Well, fuck you. And fuck you for replying, "are you mad?"

I'm going to be honest, are you mad?

Why do you get so mad at people reading guides?

The point is that you "check for suggestions" in order to reveal the game's secrets.
Yeah, it can be, but you likely already know that and are just being a disingenuous faggot.
Wrong. Reading is acquiring sensitive information about the game that will alter your experience, you fucking moron.
That you're a retard.
Call you retarded, and suggest that you kill yourself.

But these are already in the game, they aren't really secrets.
So I hope you don't read any book, and just reinvent the wheel cuz you don't let anyone do the thinking for you/?
But it does not though, reading =/= seeing =/= experiencing.
How am I a retard?
Thank for the suggestion, but I don't think I will follow it.

(you) should kill yourself (you) waste of fucking space

Not going to read that spoiler, I fear it might spoil this thread, haha.

There's a difference between difficulty and artificial difficulty
Making so every boss hit's drains 45-60% of your health is artificial difficulty
Making that some bosses (DLC's ones) don't have a clear telegraph (seeming random), so you can read their attacks and dodge accordingly, is artificial difficulty
yeah, really FUN
that feels like cheesing the boss, more than improving your playing skills

making that a lot of enemies have seemingly unlimited stamina is artificial difficulty

making that enemies "spin" in place to target you is artificial difficulty

also, big enemies had gravity, because they are heavy, but DaS2 (and 3) said "fuck that" and they attack like ninjas, what's the point of that? oh yeah, artificial difficulty

Artificial difficulty is a bullshit term, like it or not.

Things are either hard or not.

So git gud

Sentient means responding to senses. The bots don't have senses. Everyone thinks sentient is a synonym for sapient, which it is not.

Look at this you faggots on Holla Forums, look at this. The complete faggot pussies who read guides before and while playing games tell you to 'gid gud' if you play the game the way it's intended and die, memorize your mistakes, and become good. You can all suck my dick, bunch of losers. How you do anything is how you do EVERYTHING, just remember that in life.

Yeah sure, because having Midir fuck 70-85% of your health with his attacks sure is fair
Or having a second phase laser that fucks 85-100%, which moves unpredictably, sure is fun
Also, no weapon from cutting a dragon's tail? That says a lot from the developers, they just don't care anymore
Capra Demon is one of the best boss battles you could find, because it forces you to "think outside the box".
People who rushed in got fucked by the dogs.
That's a fantastic way to make the player learn the pace of the gameplay, and also a fair battle (damage wise) so you can experiment with different strategies.

As said, git gud.

I'm not gay, sorry.

So if I read book and study before the test, I'm the loser?

Good to know.

It's not about fairness, it's about difficulty.

And also piss easy when you figure it out i.e. the stair.

That's the point faggot, letting the player figure out a strategy, not "making him memorize every fucking pattern of the boss". That's a false sense of achievement, memorizing is easy, but tiring.
Having to replay a boss several times to memorize all fucking varieties of attacks isn't fun, is frustrating. If i wanted to play something like that i would be playing fucking touhou or another bullethell.

But letting the player the freedom so they can come up with an strategy ALL BY THEMSELVES, that's rewarding cleverness, and From have forsaken that path and chosen the easy one: artificial difficulty.

But you didnt figure it out, you read the guide :^)

Dude, but Touhou and bullethells are fun as well.

You just want to play easy games but want to think you are hard, git gud.

OK, so I figure it out via the guide.

So someone who plays dark souls following a guide is telling people to git gud
LOL, go back to cuckchan or whatever shithole you came from
Also

If you can't beat the game, it's time to git gud, guide or not.

challenges that the player has no way of being able to react to them the first time is artificial, the push guys who suddenly come out of a corner and push you off a tight ledge are artificially difficult. It's a thing, get used to it faggot.

I agree that enemies having high attack damage is highly unfair, but on an endgame character I was only getting hit for around 40% on some of the heaviest shit, which isn't too bad since you get 15 estus and they expect the challenge to come from somewhere
It's just a back and forth, faggot, you get right next to him and slice his ankles. The actual artificiality is the fact that his health is so fucking high and there's no way around that. He's a damage sponge, meaning the battle becomes more about stamina than skill, which means it's just going to be time consuming rather than hard
yeah, if you're a midrolling faggot. If you wore heavy armor like a good boy then you could take the first swing from capra, kill the dogs at once when they rush you down, and smack the capra in a dps race that you will win because he has no health. Capra is a shitty enemy they made into a boss and gave adds because they couldn't think of shit to make him legitimately hard. Dogs are already a poor design, putting them in a boss room is of course going to cause trouble.
Shit argument tbh

the first boss in zelda 2 has like 8 pegs of health, meaning you hit him 8 times. That boss was very fair but also difficult because you had to remember his patterns, which were simple, but required muscle memory to get just right.

All of his attacks are fairly slow and linger quite a bit, so you can tell the attack as it comes out without looking at start up, which is also a key tell. The recent DLC isn't even the worst offender with poorly designed bosses, their only problem is they have health as big as your mother is round.

kek

if you aren't gud enough to deal with midir and understand what parts of him are good or bad, then there's some gitting you need to do, faggot,

Not a thing, it's a term invented by 4chan.

Things are either hard or not.

Get used to it, bro.

valid criticism
but i ain't gonna git gud with a damage sponge boss after seeing the "rewards" for doing so, i play to have fun, so don't want to do something that feels like a chore
From didn't respect the players (no reward for the bullshit, story or equip wise), so why should i respect them? fuck their game
yeah, i can understand people wanting to do that as a challenge, like kalameet, so i'm done venting here

Nope and you can see this when you go from Farron Keep, to Catacombs of Carthus to Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. Also Consumed Kings Garden to Untended Graves isn't consistent.

DS1 is more consistent and has the varied aesthetics.

why the fuck is this boss so ridiculous

You can leave Leanna alive?

Soul level is irrelevant to the drake sword, and so is to the damage made by the stray demon. One hit is likely to kill you unless you have really good armor or high stats.

HE
HAS
NO
SOULS

I beat capra demon and gaping demon starting as a warrior without spending any souls at all. No upgrades, no levels.

(checked)
thx fam tbh ilu no homo

I did an SL1 run on DeS, DaS, and DaS2. I'm burned out on the series, so I won't even attempt it in BB or DaS3. OP is a faggot for using the drake sword and legitimately being concerned over being underleveled in a game where equipment and skill is infinitely more important than soul level.

Wait a second.
sword is imbued with his magic, which shall
be unleashed as a wave of moonlight.

Moonlight Arrows glow silver, and inflict magic damage.

Gwyndolin, Darkmoon deity who watches over
the abandoned city of Gods, Anor Londo.
Gwyndolin is Gwyn's lastborn and a legitimate
god, but he is also a Moon sorcerer, and this
wand is boosted by faith, not intelligence.

Who was Gwyndolin's mother?
Could it have been Priscilla?

I killed the dancer at level 45 cause I really wanted her armor early.

what makes you think he didnt fuck seath?

Seath is specifically revered to as a male, the dragon covenant in Dark Souls that gives dragon forms have sexed appearances implying dragons were sexed and not hermaphroditic

So you take on the game underleveled, but still use overpowered weapons? What's the point of this challenge?

Fuck off degenderate

if only you knew

good theory, might explain why Yorshka calls Gwyndolin her older brother even though we know Gwyndolin is Gwyn's youngest child.
Speaking of theories I have two.
So I think when Gwynevere gave birth to Ocelotte and went into hiding she maybe tried to be reborn to hide her identity but ended up a maggot creature, however, the description of her obscuring ring says her tongue was cut by her firstborn, and I don't know how this fits.
And as a second theory, I think Patches, in the ringed city, finally became a good guy.
A lot of people think he was faking the whole thing but right before he kicks you off a cliff for the last time, he's doing his whole squat thing, which he wouldn't do if he were trying to fool you, and once he kicks you, there's no danger down there and he's actually helping you get to where you need to go, indeed, the fall isn't even that big, I think he's finally had a change of heart and he's just being coy about it.

her Armor is pretty neat, I got it before even fighting Vordt.