Which one was your favorite Holla Forums?

Which one was your favorite Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

strangebytes.com/index.php/projects/1-diablo-1-windows-7-vista-patch=60
khanduras.net/resources/khanduras-network-resources/game-guides/compatibility-guides/classic-diablo/
shodanon.itch.io/beelzebox
beelzebox.net/
freeablo.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

jumping barbarian nigger

the actual nigger

Necromancer and Druid

There were only two classes worth playing

Necromancer. No action game has allowed me to command an army of skeletons before or after.

If item farming is the only thing you want to do in life, sure. Try doing a Kicksin some time they're hella fun.

Morrowind will.

Kicksin is fun but if you don't want to spend your life farming items why play Diablo?

Summoner Necro and Zeal/Fanaticism Paladin

You only need to beat the game on nkrmal to get the full story. I'm disappointed that nightmare didnt really have any NG+ mechanics, just do it all again but harder for no reason also you lose resists for some reason. Never bothered with hell but I heard that its more of the same. At least every build is viable, ita a prettyeasy game

Homing, piercing arrow amazon.

Paladin, Fist of the Heavens Crossbowadin was fucking fun for the class that shot shit on by the devs.

I thought doing that would be fun, but it was mindless, boring and extremely unchallenging. The game just played itself.

The holy nigger

Necromancer is best romancer.
I put every single one of my points into my skeleton army. It was beautiful.

druid, i liked the were forms, which i think was a early sign of my fur faggotry

From favorite to least;
Necromancer
Assassin
Druid
Sorceress
Barbarian
Palanigger
Amazon

Lightning Trapsin was my go to.

summon necro > throwbarb > werebear >= smiteadin

Never played this

Lighting Fury + Jab and Strafe + Immolation + Freezing Arrow Amazons.

WE WUZ AZTECS N' SHIET
Median XL update next month, fellow autists. Supposedly featuring engine changes via code injection instead of only patch replacement.

fissure druid, just fissure

BONEMANCER BEST 'MANCER
ALL OTHER 'MANCERS ARE TRASH

1.10 added monsters that you can only find on hell.

If you mean the Act V guest monsters those show up on Nightmare too. Also 1.10 ruined the variety of builds. It was feasable to do tri-element Sorceress before that now being able to do 2 is rare.

PKing is no more.

it also increased the variety of builds by much more than it ruined.
2 element sorc is the standard

Necromancer

Play Path of Exile, go for summoner witch. For bonus points, farm for a bit and buy a Vaal Summon Skeletons skill gem, you pretty much pull an entire army out of the ground with a single spell that gets charged by the souls of enemies, and that's on top of your normal horde of expiring skellies, non-expiring zombies. Not to mention whatever flaming skulls, golems, animated magic weapons, and other bullshit you happen to get your hands on.

XxxBooBAzONxxX

Doggo man from the expansion

Assassin otherwise

summonmancer
killing enemies yourself is for plebeians

Bonerlord all day every day
With one or two other spells to not die of boredom

I liked playing the sorceress. Teleporting and waves of lightning were fun.

Sorc had insane map clear and teleport for glass cannoning without fear.

Amazon, she had all 6 types of damage available, a good summon and good passives. The problem was some of the skills were either underpowered or flat out bugged, like the flamming arrow.

I never played Diablo games because I had loony christian parents who thought it was devil influenced

Did I miss out much?

Diablo's great fam. Simple satisfying hack and slash series with great atmosphere and music. Just avoid playing 3.

Just pirate it and try it yourself, the game is like 600 mb or something

Diablo 2 full install is a MASSIVE 1.80 gb

Skelliemancer

wasn't the strongest but I loved sitting back and watching my little dootlets do work.

Necro. Hiding behind skeletons and controlling enemies through curses was and is still is a ton of fun.

Me: necromancer
My brother: Amazon

Druid. I had a buffed up warebear that could fuck everything up.

Yeah Diablo 2 had a special CINEMATICS disk.

Technology has come a long way.

Kickassin tbh.

I never played Diablo because it looked boring to 10yo me.

used to play skellimancer and werebear druid back then, had a teleport frost orb sorc a few years ago
never really played any of the other classes
fuck man, I'm getting the itch to play again

Is Battle.net even still active for that game? Why haven't we received a proper sequel?

The one time I played this game I picked barbarian because I thought the gigantic fucker with an axe would most certainly kick everything's shit, and then I got to Diablo and couldn't beat him because I either didn't use my skill points wisely or it was simply impossible for the big retard to hit satan to death.
I spent so much time with that character and couldn't even beat the last boss, and my retarded 12 year old mind couldn't take it and abandoned the game entirely.

Necromancer all day.

pleb

PALADIN
porcupine - thorn aura paladin
methhead - zeal and fanaticism
thor-mode - blessed hammer & concentration

I played full summon Necromancer, with act2 merc thorns aura and magic immunity iron golem. Spammed curses and summoned more. Fun times.

Hell run through, I played attack speed paladin with phaseblade"the lightning runeword one" and it was fun as hell.
Party had a blizzard/frozenbolt teleporting mage and a crazy good shouter/twohander barbarian. Crushing blow was kinda game breaking, but fun. Good times.

And in PvP the barbarian wiped the floor with all of the PvPers, own party included.

TL;DR: Necromacer is the most fun.
Pic. is close to the club the barbarian used. But in reverse, it made things undone, dead and expired, with a remarkable speed.

1.09 mud golem spamming in the blood moor to cause every duel game to lag out and or crash

That's the old "good" game design. You can make a brutally strong barbarian that hits like a truck but cannot take one hit from a boss. Optimal builds are: get enough dex and str to wear your gear, pump rest to vitality. It's a design flaw. That is why modern games give you hitpoints by the level and let you choose the rest, if even that.

Median XL is amazing. Waiting for 8ch Holla Forums hosting.

Yeah, but at the time my dumb 12 year old ass couldn't figure out what the fuck half of the skills and other shit were even good for.
I'll probably play this again at some point though, I've had a boner for playing necromancers lately.

Blizzard patched it last year. They still sell it digitally

>a boner
>image of a skelletin man
>not a skelleton with a boner

Well now I have one for future use, thanks.

the entire point of playing diablo 2 is for the bone nigger, all the other styles of play can be played in actual action games instead of the "action" that is diablo and games like it

D2 has some serious flaws, but it supports 16 player lan + p2p through phonelines hosting in the year of 2000. Now we get 8 in a single instant and pay to win. What a marvelous time to get wasted.

Necro is the best way, possibly the only way
Never enough skellies in these boards.

No it doesn't.

Direct connection allowed up to two people to play via modem. LAN only allowed eight maximum. How the fuck would you exceed the 8 player game cap?

Assuming you're on something like Windows 7
PLAYING DIABLO 1

- Install Diablo I
- Install Patch v1.09
- Copy 'DIABDAT.MPQ' (it's on the CD) into the Diablo I directory.
- Run 'Diablo I v1.09 CD Crack.exe' (go find it) and point it towards 'Storm.dll' which is located in the Diablo I directory.
- Extract and follow instructions for diablopatch_20140908.zip and DiabloTorchDebug.zip (Torch is a mod. If it's your first time, don't use it). The URL is here:
strangebytes.com/index.php/projects/1-diablo-1-windows-7-vista-patch=60
khanduras.net/resources/khanduras-network-resources/game-guides/compatibility-guides/classic-diablo/
- DiabloTorch only partially works when started in windowed mode. Start it in fullscreen mode so it is usable in windowed mode. Drag the window to the top left of the screen so item highlights in regard to sell values and the stash work 99% properly. The window border causes the 1% error.
DiabloTorch.zip doesn't work.

IF NOT USING diablopatch_20140908.zip
- If there are rainbow colors run the registry file to fix the colors. This registry entry only works with patch 1.09. (d109_x64 for 64bit Windows, d109_x86 for 32bit Windows)

Diablo 2 is a lot easier, since it still gets patched.

Morphing into my fursona to give everything rabies is pure sex.

Well I'm retarded, it really is 8 maximum. I must have doubled the fun and loot drops at some point. Still the best unique items, that can make a build, after PoE.
Time really does make you old and forgetful… wait…

I want to host a Median XL Diablo 2 server.

PURE COINCIDENCE

OP here. I didn't post the one about classes

You mean like every paladin?

Sure thing.

I like to throw out a topic and see the rest of you monkeys fight it out

o

Got to level 33 to try out a Phoenix Strike Assassin, and I didn't like it at all.

I'll start over with a Bow Assassin.

I think with decent equipment (like a "Treachery" armor, and some nice bow) this assassin could do nice things and have obscene attack speed. Since it uses few skill points, you could spend the rest of them on lightning/fire traps to supplement her damage.

There was a time when max was over 8. I think it was when the latest patch was 1.11a or something like that.

Sacrifice you parents.

Is this posible to build mele Necromancer?

You could but it'd be highly inefficient.

daggermancer is a real thing user.
might not be the best but it's certainly possible.

What about Sythe necro?

No.
If you want to run around hitting things with a polearm go play a different class where that would work better.
The only way to play melee necro is with the poison dagger spell, which surprise surprise requires you to be using a dagger.
you should try going for it, necro poison damage can get really out of control at higher levels, but you're also going to need to get the lower resist curse, among a few others.

Play Median.

Is there any reason to play Median XL now and not wait until a new update comes out next month?

depends on which Median XL are you playing

vanillia Median XL stopped updating years ago. it has more refined all around gameplay.

Median XL Ultimative updated few months ago but they're now working on brand new engine so consider the last version of ultimative a final one until Median XL 2017 comes out. it's sligthly worse and unbalanced but has more content.

The FPS rapist

(Horde Necro)

Doesn't Median change skelebros for some ghosts or some shit for absolutely no reason? Fuck that noise.

Druids.

I play none at the moment, because I want to at least fully beat D2 LoD, before trying Median XL.

So, anyone here accidentally make a build that was hilarious ineffective, but fun?

I made an assassin with burst of speed at 24 via items/actual invested points

And then got +50 run/walk speed boots back when that shit would stack.

I was able to outrun teleport spamming sorcs and amazon homing arrows. Moving so quick I actually couldn't hit shit half the time. So I just set up a taxi service where I'd set up town portals for people doing a fresh run of nightmare/hell etc.

In soviet Median you get attacked by hordes of skeletons instead.
Hordes of immortal skeletons

You won't fully beat LoD if you won't spend hundreds of hours on battle net

Who needs battle.net if you have PlugY and /players 8 command? All I need is runeword list, so I could create some of the best equipment for my char and merc. I know that I will need to grind items for Uber Tristram, so I could really, truly completely beat LoD, and not just beat entire SP campaign on all difficulties.

Its not an RTS dumbass. And besides you only need to beat it on normal to experience the story. Nothing changes later. If youre autistic and like artificial difficulty (hurr random -30 resist penalty and stronger monsters for no reason) then by all means go for it?

You're too young to remember that all paladins used to be hammerdins.

Let's hope it will be any good

I liked playing my ES Sorc.

You could always play Conv- or FanaZealer. Hammerdins were fucking.

I NEVER REALIZED THAT UNTIL NOW

Necromancer. Shit was easy.

Path of Exile unsurprisingly lets you make giant skeleton armies too, although summon skeletons is a suboptimal build for necromancers these days compared to summoning raging spirits, spectres, and zombies. People usually do it anyway just to throw even more mobs into the mix but it's typically not worth building around. I think there's a summon skeleton mages build though. And Vaal Summon Skeletons is still pretty great.

Is it even a question?

That is main problem with summoners in games. After you get a stable wall of minions you often just stand behind it doing nothing.
But really it often is a problem of making your build sub-optimal. I always took some levels in Bone Spear alongside corpse explosion to have something to do. If you were to take curses instead it might even be legit.

Necromancer, Druid, Barb.

Bowazon, skellymancer, and jumping man were my favorites. Hopefully the grim dawn necromancer will turn out decent

Sorceress isn't either.
Just in case you didn't notice.

I've done it.

What's the best place to get Diablo 1 and 2?
I assume I shouldn't be giving Blizzard any shekels. How do the IGG versions run?
I'm asking since they're not particularly new games.
I'd also like to hear of any good mods that are acceptable for a first playthrough. UI stuff or so.

I found my copy of D2 in a thrift store a few years ago. The CD Key even activates on battle.net and gives you a digital copy of it.

The funny thing is that the thrift store didn't even have the disk inside, just the cd case.

Diablo 1 is 500mb and has no CD key, only a CD check. Just find a disc image and install it, then follow the post I made earlier to get it to play nice with a modern OS.

That's pretty funny.
Could you upload your installer?
Are the digital versions drm free?

Alright. Will do.
How about D2?

Nah requires inputting the cd key to use

I don't know if they have a second layer of DRM or not. If you buy the digital version it just gives you a program that downloads the installer to your hard drive. For both D2 and the expansion. Warcraft 3 is similar.

the CD key for diablo 2 has been cracked and can be generated online
my physical copy had the sticker fucked up and this saved my ass

Also, is the expansion for D1 worth it?

Neato.

Not really, was done by a separate company and mostly just has reskinned environments/enemies.

They added an additional class though (the monk) and two unfinished classes that reuse the same sprites as the rogue and warrior.

Not really. It was made by Sierra, not Blizzard. I'd check it out at least once, though, just to see what it's about. I never replay it.

I see. Thanks.
Should I play vanilla D2 or can I start with the expansion installed?

Play with the expansion, the only good thing about vanilla was duping SOJs.

Expansion, definately. It even increases the resolution to an astounding 800x600.

Also, if you add "-w" to your D2 shortcut it'll open D2 in windowed mode. If the window is too small, you can decrease your desktop resolution to make the window appear bigger on your monitor.

I came here to shill. I'm sure some of you already know I'm making a game called Beelzebox on /agdg/ If not, I'd appreciate you checking it out and tearing me a new asshole with criticism and mild praise
shodanon.itch.io/beelzebox
beelzebox.net/

to be on-topic: because this is supposed to be a Diablo 1 clone there will be no classes, just a lot of spells and skills to choose from
I want crazy builds and cool summoning spelss doe

that's retarded. I always thought that battling legions of evil and vanquishing evill in shining armour was pretty christian.

Well, I will be including a system for giving legendary weapons the names of saints, hope that can sway some parents.
then again, most people like that are loony protestants anyway…

what mod is that? I don't want to install beelzebub and this looks like it could help me run D1 on my machine (the game runs fine for me… for a quarter an hour, then it dies until reboot)

See
The mod you see in the screenshot is called "Torch". For simply playing the game, you want "diablopatch_20140908" which is a DirectDraw patch.
Keep in mind the DirectDraw patch will make the main menu where you select your character not look quite right with V-Sync off (and I turned it off for a good reason, but I forgot why), but the rest of the game is perfectly fine.

What resolution does it run in? I want my scanlines.

640x480, like always.
You can increase the window size. I increase it to 1024x768 just so I don't have to change my desktop resolution.
Since you have a CRT, just hit alt+enter and it'll fullscreen.

Niggadin and Necromancer were my first two picks.
My first encounter with hacking in vidya.

Neato.
Is it based off of Beelzebub? That was breddy fun as an HD Diablo mod.

Once I played Paladin with maxed Freeze aura.
It was funny walking into a room and everything just fucking explodes into ice.

Necromancer and Assassin are my favorites.

Am I the only one who doesn't like playing on servers? I made so many characters before, but I don't have any trace of them anymore. If I want to play multiplayer, I can fill out an ip address to connect to a friend.

Looks neato, mate.
Do you know about Freeablo?
It's a project for a Source Port of Diablo 1, and so far it looks nice. You could look at the code for some ideas.
freeablo.org/

Isn't it because Blizzard still somewhat supports Diablo II?
I'd like to see Freeablo II as well, but they might not want to invest time rewriting a game isn't abandonware yet.

Amazon

seeing how every other class in it is boring as fuck i don't see how.

I just remembered when Brother Laz realized the reason forums dipshits kept complaining about how easy Median XL was was because they were all version-hopping to get all the old overpowered items that were nerfed years ago and he reverted a lot of difficulty increases to make the game playable for people who didn't and the fags cried and quit.

There was one but it ran some Donkey Kong mod that changes drop rates and adds a level boosting map.

There was Holla Forums.net once upon a time ago. But from what I've heard the server owner fucked it all up by forgetting his password or not being able to make payments or some dumb shit like that.

I played it once

My friend's brother gave me the Diablo 2 box set for saving his ass during a nasty winter storm in like 2005.

Necromancer was fun. Never played multiplayer.

Summoners should just control their units like RTS

You niggas are faggots.

You see, that is all fine and dandy but I wouldn't want to be a nigger.
Besides, how can a nigger be a fucking paladin? Must be some fake.

good taste mein nigga
Trapassins were the way to go

I thought he was a sand nigger?
Like based on a Muslim zealots and his skin is only so dark because of the lighting?

It's a work of fiction, anything is possible. This was also before all the SJW nonsense.

Amazon

A necro before nerfing corpse explosion. With the gear that gave +mana for each kill it was a self sustaining killing machine. Especially on the cow level.

Gooks and gookwannabes get out, go back to Brood War. If you play Diablo 2 for the repetitive running and minmaxing with the most optimized build you got off of the internet, you're cancer.

Your implies, that is any better.

Regardless of when it was made, I don't want to be a nigger.

this is why best class is assassin

Although now that I'm considering it, Sorceress and paladin were probably both worse classes
Take for instance in pvp, Sorceress pretty much plays the same regardless of your build, Basically teleporting around and shooting at each other and generally the first one to hit wins.

Paladins on the other hand has only 4-5 builds and only 2 of them are good for pve, Fist of the heavens paladins instant kill any other player in a single hit even off screen, Charge Paladins will catch you and rape you as well as shieldbash paladins and auradins are cancer, they dont even have to click a button to kill you

Hammerdins on the other hand are good pve and function by constantly spamming hammers and hoping one of them hits, Zealot fanaticism paladins are also good pve

Assassins on the other hand had mostly pve builds, with a few of them being highly good pvp
In fact assassins were never useless like FotH-Paladins, even a kicksin or a trapsin were good pve
On that note Anyone here remember seeing a Whirlwind assassin before?
I mean aren't they just inferior whirlwind barbarians?

That's your hang-up. You don't see the character 99% of the game to really notice the skin anyway. Or just play another character.

He wasn't a nigger. Paladins come from Kurast, home of the pajeets. He was just voiced by a nigger.

Just ignore him user, true patrician taste is judging a character based on their gameplay quality, which the paladin just so happens to have none unlike the assassin

I thought they came across as more south american
The Kurast was probably the shittiest and longest act in the whole game, and god help you if you're going melee and those fucking tentacle snakes pop up

Your post implies*
I need to sleep.

I'm the user that hasn't played tha game yet so I'll pla what I'll play. Obviously I know that you wear a helmet most of the time and I do like the Paladin class in general. Still don't want to play a nigger. I'll see when I finally play it.

Wowie, Good'n.

Shit taste.
You're probably right if you're strictly talking of gameplay. I wouldn't know.

That's probably one of the more fun classes to play due to its dependence on a variety of her skills, and insane damage potential to singular targets. Try it some time.

They're actually all attackable at melee range. Strangely.

Assassin is best class user, i think you misread

Depends if you're on the right side of the river, in the caves it isnt so bad, but in some of the rivers you have to go all the way around until you can hit one, Forked rivers are especially guilty of this
Not to mention that I've seen some of them in an unattackable spot just outside the area you hit before the durance of hate, you know when you smash that shitty thing with the flail
Thankfully you dont ever have to do that again if you ended up keeping the flail or acquiring multiples of the parts needed to make it, just skip all that bullshit business

I think Kurast was a mix of every jungle biome in the world. It had Indian, Aztec, and Congo nigger influences.

Ama & Sorc wants the holy BBC Pal.

Hammerdin is the best melee Pal. HAHA

Its almost like you have an interracial cuck fetish

I've seen them in pvp. I think they're combined with bleed and crushing blow, typically. The perk is probably the assassin's attack speed at the cost of the short range on claws.

I want to play one, but 2 Ohm runes dropping is a miracle.

Javazon

Gay as fuck.

Pandemonium Event and Uber Diablo is Hell only, among some other stuff. By the time you finish hell, you should be around lv 80 which is usually the complete build of a class. In itself, that part is fun.

I like claw weapons and life stealing.
So either druid or Assassin.

If I had to roll necromancer I like to get myself with high health and armor so I can melee shit while having a necromancer army.

The zon is just staring at necro's balls while he does all the work

I mostly played hardcore and loved trapsin since it was safe as fuck.

Nebromancer.
Learn to fun

Zeal + Fanacticism pally while playing along with a skelly necro was my favorite.

Anyone here tried "naked" mode (ie. no equipment)?