Outlast 2

It's out.
Did you play the first game?
Did you like it?
Is it worth the money or did you pirate it?
Will you pirate this one?
I liked the first game enough, but I don't want to drop $30 on this one, at least not just yet.
As far as I can tell it doesn't have Denuvo, according to the Steam page.

Curious to see what glitches or launch problems they'll have.
It'll also be interesting to see the (((reviews))) of the game, on Steam and elsewhere.
I'm curious if there's more to it than just being a walking simulator, which it seems a lot of horror games are nowadays.

Youtuber bait garbage like RE7

Outlast 1 came out before RE7.
and Slenderman came out before both

Wasn't this out last year?

They kept fucking delaying it.
Finally it's past midnight on the east coast, so I guess it's released.
(checked)
Oh jeez I hadn't thought of the fucking JewTube reaction videos. Fucking Markiplier or PewDiePie or some shit is gonna be plastered everywhere on the default front page for a while. Fucking cancer.

I don't think that he was implying that RE7 started the trend of youtube-bait, just that it is continuing the tradition.

I'm downloading it now.

Real nigga hours who up?

Definitely continuing the tradition, but where did it begin?
Slenderman?
I'd even venture to say it started with games like the Penumbra series or Amnesia, but those games are pretty good, I think. Well, Amnesia (The Dark Descent) is. A Machine for Pigs wasn't scary, just slightly creepy.
How far back to walking simulator "horror" games go?

First one was a bretty good game. I'm a massive kike when it comes to gayman so I pirated it. Would pay $5 for it though.

Tbh the only thing that didn't sit with me was the ending. It made everything much less spooky. Was hoping for some legit demonic forces ala Silent Hill, not a guy using tech or whatever that was. will probably try out the second one

Report back later and tell us if it's any good.
I figure it'll probably be ~8 hours in length or something, similar to the first game, so I don't want to shell out that many shekels for it.
I'll probably wait for a sale.
Although, my friends want to watch me play. So it might be sooner.

Yeah the ending was meh.
I'm hoping for actual supernatural stuff as well, the setting for this one really strikes a chord with me.
For example, season 1 of True Detective is one of the best seasons of any show I've ever seen.

Will do.

Side note: You know what would rule? If they made a Condemned 3.

Thanks user.
I haven't played those, but I'll probably add them to the my infinite backlog.

Fuck yeah I did.
Fucking loved it.

Gonna buy this one too, simply because the devs are actually really cool on twitter. $30 does seem a bit steep though.

"M-m-muh psychopaths, nothing can be as scary as man's inhumanity to man ! Supernatural is not true horror ! We still want a ghost though" is what it was.

The department store/mannequin level from Condemned 1 is one my all time favorite levels from a "horror" game ever.

I haven't heard this, but that's good to hear. Source?

Pretty much.

Hmm, I'll look into it.

Aren't they indie devs from Canada that barely got the budget together for the first game?

It's cool they're doing well. I like what I'm seeing from the videos of the new one up so far.

Man I'll never forget the first time seeing that mannequin just casually walk off the stand and realizing some of them are real people.

Just dealing with them on twitter. They usually do their best to get back to people and seem really chill about it. I get the feeling they're like the devs behind Subnautica and just really want to make a good game.

Yes.
Loved it. The ending was ok imo, the tweest was not so bad. DLC was a remix of the game basically but i liked it too.
Bought it, later got DLC.
Nah. It's like $6 in my region, so it's fine. Also it's a niche game, so the devs could use some dosh.

Casual reminder this guy was the scariest fucker out of both the original game and DLC.

Fuck reading that just gave me chills.
Shit I still need to play that.
But good that they want to focus on making good vidya.

Indeed.

Yeah agreed. I just don't want to pay $30 for it right now.
Fucking finals are next week too.

Yeah that nigger was horrifying.

"Maybe I… zuck ya dick?"

Such a beautiful bride.

do not want

Were the SCP games before Slenderman? I remember there being random one offs of the same "jumpscare in dark maze/forrest" formula, but they tubers were pushing the out so rapidly that it was all a blur.

No idea.

While we're on the horror, this is underappreciated as hell. It gets a lot of shit but the whole game was fun to me.

Truth be told, the rest can't match the beginning in Innsmouth but that's some of the most atmospheric pieces of game design I ever saw.

Oh damn that's in my backlog and I keep forgetting about it.
Isn't there a new one coming out, or one that came out recently?
Just looked and it comes out in December of this year. Fuck.

W-what?

Link me please.

Embed related.

I didn't like the first one much, the stealth was pretty broken and it was 99% of the actual gameplay. Fortunately it wasn't as broken as SOMA but SOMA at least had great writing to back it up. I did get fairly spooked though, good audio design. 5/10

SOMA's ending was satisfying as hell, mainly because the main character was a stupid nigger and I was glad he suffered.

That was pretty spooky.

The ending made sense. You got the good, because that's what would've actually happened. One copy left behind, another in the ark, so it was kind of a good end.

Yeah, ending made sense and MC got what he deserved for being a dumb faggot the whole game.

They set up the ending well enough, you'd think the guy would realize what was going to happen, especially with nobody around to kill the old copy, so they're stuck there until their circuits rot.

Pretty good. Not the same studio but I hope they nail the thing.

Yeah. I'm definitely intrigued.

Honestly as ignorant as he was the entire game, even I thought he'd know what was going to happen. Then he acted like a bitch to the AI and he completely lost me at that stage. Also helped that the ending itself made total sense and was kickass.

It's one of the few examples of a game with good writing that actually benefits from the medium despite the story not changing at all based on player input. Major spoilers: the fact that you actually play through each body (the beginning person, the body in the lab, and the last body in the sea despite actually only being the last person makes it a lot harder to wrap your head around the idea that the memories you have of playing through those sections aren't actually your own and you merely had them cloned. If you were just watching a protagonist do all this then it would have been much more obvious.

Did you actually understand the ending? The MC is on the ark, at least a clone of him is. The one you play as is simply the third time in a row that the consciousness of the original guy (the one needing brain surgery) had his memories clone. The part about there only being a 50% chance of having your consciousness transferred is a lie told to the protagonist to make him go along with the plan.

Yeah, I did. Doesn't change the fact the MC acted like a dumb nig the whole game.

Yeah I understood it.
Thought it was pretty obvious, actually.

I should add that this means there are multiple protagonists and you play as all of them, but the only purpose of the first two (brain surgery guy and guy in the facility) is to make the player actually experience having their memories. The player was only ever playing as the one who was underwater, you just think that this is all one continuous stream of consciousness because it is one continuous stream of memories.

If our consciousness is not the same every time we wake up in the morning we would have no way of knowing because our memories wouldn't be able to tell the difference. This might be your last day on earth user, so make every day count.

I'm about an hour in and it's better than RE7

Nice, that's good.

at least it gives the e-celebs something to do i guess.

yes
no
bought it for like a dollar. not worth it.
no

Frogwares, who made the Sherlock Holmes games and this Lovecraft/Puzzle game called Magrunner are making a game called the Sinking City. No release date, though.

It's switched the play from Outlast in the sense that most of that game, you were hiding. In this game, it's a lot more trying to do things while people are behind you. Also, damage doesn't auto heal so it's nice they uncasual-d that shit, you have to spend forever wrapping a bandage you can only find a few of. It's just seems like a straight upgrade to Outlast in every way. Story, voice acting, graphics, much bigger area, much scarier things, bad guys that you actually feel bad for as things go on. I'm pleasantly surprised by it, I truly am. These devs completely shit on RE7 and buried it deep.

4-5 hours of content
story isn't explained, thus:
DLC bait
tries a "too deep" approach you keep reliving a memory
reddit plot, consists of religion is bad
ending is underwhelming, DLC bait again

flow of the story is confusing
gameplay doesn't bring nothing new to the table

I remember the people who actually wrote the articles for the SCP wiki not really liking that game, although maybe that's changed as of late, I haven't visited there in a while. Also,

Outlast 1 - September 4, 2013
SCP – Containment Breach - April 15, 2012

Torrent up yet?

yup, codex dun did it and its on there site + PB

I fucking loved this game, third game would be amazing. No doubt it would be all simplified though, remove all the detective work coz kiddies

Do you have anything substantial behind that or is it just about one specific crazy cult and you extrapolating it to an attack on an entire worldview?

Holy shit kill yourself. The CODEX site is a scam run by someone else and TPB is a honeypot owned by a dozen governments.

1aaa2810563933b7d3b9bf5e1e0dd5a1ae38fa79

In what way? Do the spooks find you no matter what at times or something? Haven't played either but that would annoy the fuck out of me.

A game being good doesn't automatically make it not Youtuber-bait.

yeah, spoilers ahead:
the representation of christian religion in this game consists of extremists from a christian cult (a tyrany with a raping leader) and on the school/memories, making the only clerical figure, the professor, also a child raping bastard
so yeah, making it seem like christians are evil and pedos
if they changed the christians to islamists, this game would have been bashed all over the media

"Maybe I… cut ya dick?"

Not a deeply religious person but I think Christians catch a bad rap.

Oh shit I loved Magrunner.

Always safe to bash those Christians.

It's because it openly names the Jew.

All the memecasters on twitch are playing it.
I cringed at the titles.

Why haven't other games done this, it's pretty cool

well, the devs are massive edgelords and the game is set in US so of course the most widespread religion is going to get bashed

Going after the easiest target isn't very edgy. Doing other religions like Islam or Judaism is much more impressive.

I would prefer no more Outlast games ever because they are shitty walking sims

In retrospect this game would have been amazing if not for the bugs and rushed development

I'd much rather shit like this for a horror game than the hide and seek that became mainstream twitch bait

You kind of do in Amnesia, but it mostly just fucks up your vision and has an annoying audio play.

Agreed.

Imagine this chasing you, I would be sweating bullets

uhm…

Can you recommend a site?

First one was scary at first, then once you pick up on the gameplay formula it becomes incredibly not scary:

Stealth through level, get noticed? Easily out run the baddie to the nearest bed/locker/closet/hiding spot. Bad guy checks all around you (almost always opens the locker next to ya, oh no! so scary!), gets bored and leaves. Now try and stealth again. Repeat until win.

shill thread for a shit game

Nah, m8, it's decent.

I like the art direction. .

Is there any form of combat?

Probably because the kikes at Nintendo
FILED A FUCKING PATENT ON SANITY MECHANICS AFTER ETERNAL DARKNESS CAME OUT AND HAVE BEEN SQUATTING ON IT EVER SINCE
Fuck Nintendo.

fucking kikes

What about Amnesia?

condemned 2 was bad enough, let it die

should be shopped to have smooth skin instead of eyes
or peeled flesh, hellraiser quality

I remember some sections of Amensia would do fake footprints. There was also a part where props would appear and disappear when you turned your back to them. Also the paintings would get more distorted. They actually did a ton with the sanity shit but for some dumbass reason they decided to add this retarded bluring effect.

They should have just copied what they did in pnumbra. If you get a good look at the enemy then your camera has this very brief jerk, like your character jumps, and he lets out a gasp noise which alerts the enemy to your position. Instead they're like "Oh no. The camera is getting blurry"

There have been tons of games aside from Amnesia that have done the sanity thing. I remember it was something Yahtzee complained about a ton. Game patents are generally extremely easy to get around and a waste of money.

foot steps. It would fake footsteps.

Of course.

Which game they ripped off this time?

First one was a rip off of FEAR and Amnesia

And Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

It's pacifist Condemned.

But condemned 2 ending was shit lets be honest user. The gameplay and the whole detective stuff was good but holy shit that fucking ending.

Also just saw the ending of this game and it was meh, also apparently the developers banned a scene because muh feeling or some shit, its embed related.

Some Eyes Wide Shut shit.

bump

???

Vid says Straya Gov's behind this one.

No. You just run and had like the first one.

*hide.

I thought the first game was alright.

Sure reminds me of certain somebody…