De Blob PC port

So apparently de Blob is coming to PC. I played it on Wii and I barely remember anything about it, so I'm GUESSING it's mediocre, and it's kinda an odd choice to port a game like this from 2008.

Sauce? It was ok, but I'd like to play it again with a real controller/M+KB this time.

So is Nordic Games entire plan with THQ's IPs just to put out remakes/ports and get as much cash from them? Or do they actually have plans to fund some larger games which will take time and we're all just impatient? Will they at least put out Destroy All Humans at some point?

Oh wow I remember this game being fun and all right

You think that's an odd choice? look at what showed up out of the blue.
I have nothing against Voodoo Vince but who the fuck asked for this?

Nanosaur 3 in Unreal 4 when?

They have an Aquanox and Darksiders sequel in the works iirc.
But yeah for the most part their plan is acquiring publishing rights from failing companies and keeping the IPs supported.

Still waiting for that fucking Destroy All Humans PC port.

I'm not sure they're supporting them is the right word, but I suppose making modern PC ports really does add to the ability to play them in the future. I don't think they've really shown anything about those sequels other than saying "we're working on them" so it's not really sure they'll ever come out. It does take time to get shit done though so maybe I'm just being hard on them because I'm cynical and really want a good Darksiders sequel.

I guess I'm fine with that as a business plan, as long as they don't do anything to fuck over the re-released versions in the long run.

Well in the case of Red Faction Guerilla they patched GFWL out, and are still releasing balances patch for the multi occasionally
For Titan Quest they fixed a handful of bugs and I think have or are trying to fix the shitty save system that causes constant stutter.

The new Aquanox looks okay so hopefully they won't complete fuck up their first original release.

I heard it's just an average platformer, but it's hailed as "this is pretty fun because im not playing gay shit"

What?

usually people play gay shit all the time for some reason and as soon as they pick something not gay, they think they struck gold when really, they were in piles of gays for some reason

WHAT VOODOO VINCE ON PC WHAT
FUCK YOU I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED THIS GAME ON PC OH THE NOSTALGIA

I think I get what you're saying, but is english your first language?

Can't tell if that's sarcasm.
If not then I'm happy that your happy user, but when I think about games that have high demand for a PC port, Voodoo Vince never crossed my mind.

no, I'm pretty happy. That game was a big part of my experience on the original xbox and I remember it fondly. I never really expected that they would port it to PC though.

I think I completely overlooked how many new games Nordic is actually intending of getting out this year.

The OG XBOX actually has a surprising amount of pretty good mascot platformer on it, doesn't surprise me people would want to play them again.

I'm doing my best to decipher this shit and it aint workin

Its real simple nigger, Everyone plays so many mediocore games nowadays that when something slightly above the level of mediocrity comes along, its touted as amazing

I really enjoyed the OG Xbox as well but aside from Jet Set Raido Future and Unreal Championship 1 & 2 I never really considered what games I would want as PC ports. The other day I saw Munch's Oddysee on Steam with achievements and I was like "I love that game, but when the fuck did this happen?"

the original xbox was a great console and there's a good 60-90 games worth playing on it.

oh man I would love a JSRF port

One day I hope for a Blinx port.

de blob is genuinely a good game, and it would be better without having to waggle the wiimote to jump.

This visual style and premise, it seems oddly familiar, almost as if a certain company took quite a bit of inspiration from it and a graffiti tagging game from SEGA for one of their blockbusters.

Wasn't this game on PC originally? I could have sworn it was some indie PC game that was picked up by THQ and ported to the Wii,

Munch's Oddysee's been on Steam since like 2010. I hear it's a shit port though.

Had no idea that was happening, hopefully it's better than mediocre or shit.

After some investigation, it seems they finally got around to fixing it in 2016.

nope, and I have to wonder who lied to you.

That's weird. Maybe I'm thinking of some other Wii game.

But I had it on my PC back then

nah

probably.

Are you messing with me, m8?

de blob was never on the PC until recently. And it wasn't a small indie project at any point. It had steven spielberg working on it.

Probably got confused by one of those ready to play dolphin + game package

No mention of Spielberg, but he did work on that weird building blocks game for the Wii.

my mistake, I must have been mistaking spielberg's involvement for that game. IIRC they were being produced at the same time.

It's not odd. It's a good game and I'm guessing it doesn't partly belong to Nintendo anymore.
It's probably easy to port for them too.

de blob was originally a PC freeware title by some french college students in 2006(?), which then got picked up & retooled by THQ

Jet Set Radio was pre Mario Sunshine.

This was my jam when i was like 12. Gonna snap this up when it comes out.

I'm probably older than you are.

jesus christ user

The fucking source code was lost, unfortunately.

Boom Blox.

It was fantastic and got 10/10s all over the place for a reason. It never became a serious hit despite that, though. I'm not sure how de Blob 2 turned out.

Never thought I'd see that one come back.

On the bright side, maybe they'll give enough of a shit to dig up pre compression assets like they did for Ty 1 and Ty 2.

Yeah, it was on the dev kit that some redditor fucked with. :^)

Is there a comparison available of the Ty games anywhere? Anyways wouldn't it be glorious if something like DKC got re-released with pre compressed assets?