ITT: Games you played as a kid that will never hopefully never get a reboot

ITT: Games you played as a kid that will never hopefully never get a reboot.

fuck it I'll participate

Raidou. They'll fuck that up so badly nowadays.

Battletanx 64

I hope Atlus doesn't touch ANYTHING anymore. Just make your fucking persona games, everything else they touch is AIDS.

Syphon Filter, it was finished by end of the PSP years and it pretty much concluded that overly contrived conspiracy from the last 6 games.

They already sorta soft-rebooted Commandos and, while I got annoyed at the setting change, if you pretend it was part of another series it wasn't terrible.

Pretty much anything by capcom and nintendo

Atlus still can make good games, it just depends on how deep their fanbase lets atlus fuck em.
Etrian Odyssey V is one the best games in the series, and that's only because the fanbase made EOU2 bomb hard because they weren't gonna let that DLC bullshit fly.
Meanwhile you got all the other games atlus pumped up riddled with DLC, and their fans for those series ate it up. So atlus went all "looks like we barely have to try!"

It almost got rebooted with that shitty F2P game they were making (formerly called Generals 2) but thankfully that was canned and now EA seems to be content to let the series stay dead.

I mean they screwed up langrisser and SMT proper they're going to mess up everything that isn't persona because all they care about is their highschool drama videogame.

Atlus never handled Langrisser
That's because people keep buying the shit even if they know it's shit.
SMTfags bought IV and all the DLC, Then it got a sequel that was even worse
EOfags didn't buy EOU2; EOV turned out amazing because Atlus learned what happens when you fuck with true autists.

I PRAY

Yeah, they fucked up pretty badly on P5's translation.

There is no way, this shit is going to get raped so fucking hard.

I wish the Bounty system in Bounty Hunter was implemented better. I hated how you had to fucking stand still, go into first person and manually look through every target (which are probably shooting at you around this time) to find a bounty.

Opinion discarded

Unemployed "translator"/Anthony Burch plz go

rare would just ruin it

but earthbound is overhyped overnostalgized shit. People sucked at it as children and think its some classic masterpiece.

It worked better in the open levels where you could scan before you attacked certainly.

That's the case with most nes/snes shit.

starman.net cultist pls fucking go

Fuck yer negative-nancy ass. I hope it gets a reboot as an EDF clone, only then may vidya be saved.

One minor fucking feature that you shouldn't even need given how easy the game is. Meanwhile, its contemporaries were things like Chrono Trigger and FFVI; jRPGs that were actually breaking new ground.

I can't find a single defense of this game online that doesn't use the word "quirky." Yeah it's quirky to have to go to an ATM, hotel, and hospital just to revive your party members (because why carry money on you when you'd lose it if you die?), but that doesn't make it good.

I swear, there are just 2 types of people who say this piece of shit is any good: 1. Nostalgiafags who played it when it came out (hardly anyone) and 2. Hipsters who've never touched the game but know that it's hipster cool to pretend to have played it and liked it because le quirky xd! (the majority of Earthbound "fans")

wrong
Carreer/Masaya (not NCS proper) was gobbled up by Atlus in the late 90s. There is no original staff onboard anymore, so they just call something with Growlanser/Langrisser/ChoAiniki a Masaya game for jollies. Atlus fucked up the game.

It's too fuck bad that hipsters and sjws completely claimed earthbound as their own and all of those pbr sinny jean wearing trendies and hamplanet feminists quote it as their inspiration or have pictures of it around their small commie block apartments.

you can't remake what had already been remade

I used to dream for a sequel, especially since the ending was such a cliffhanger. Now I shudder to think how badly they would mess it up. The dream is dead.

why not? at the very worst ill still prefer the originals.
great game you got there though.

hah, even if its not an army men a game about toys fighting giant monsters would kick ass

This is not a hidden gem, this is an abandoned unexplored path in the mine network that is RTS design. Not only this game was not popular, no one followed its legacy, and it's a bitch to run on modern hardware.
Good thing I'm not a big fan of RTS games, it would make me disturbingly angry.

I'll bite.

The character design is genuinely entertaining. Even if the game follows the same old linear JRPG design, the added dialog of every single character being unique helps. It means that the game can focus on world building and trying to not bore you in the process.

Quirky really isn't a good word for the game since most of the references are set out to make a picture of what the US is perceived to be.

Gameplay-wise the people that I've talked to think the game is too hard. Personally I think it's fairly straightforward and easy. One of the things that I appreciate is that you can see the enemies as you walk around and you can potentially just avoid them altogether. The game also pushes stronger enemies sometimed so using your PSI abilities to protect your party becomes a necessity.

The game really isn't groundbreaking or original gameplay-wise but it's thematically really strong. Still, the writing is still better in Mother 1 and then even moreso Mother 3.

Technically it already did

This game was so much fun

Oh no.

That would be true.
If the game didn't sell like shit and have basically no recognition in the west until they FINALLY put it on Wii U eshop because hipsters can't be fucked with emulating games

And even then Hipsters can't be fucked to play earthbound now because it's too hard/takes too long with savestates.

Don't worry user, nintendo is too busy making Super Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem #5435 for reviving any of their old IPs

Nintendo doesn't make Fire Emblem, you fucking newfag.

When will this shit stop?