Games that don't reward 100%

You know what's super frustrating? When you go to the trouble to do everything that the game records, only to find out there's not a single bit of acknowledgement in the game for it. No unlock, no alternate ending, not even a fucking smily on your save file. Escape Goat 2 does this. What's even worse is that the secret rooms end with you collecting special glass shards. What are these for? Nothing, despite the fact the secret rooms could very well just end with a normal door like the other rooms. There is no reason for the glass shards to exist except to set the player up for disappointment.

Are there any other games that don't even give a bare minimum of a shit that you did everything in them?

Other urls found in this thread:

kbg.awardspace.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only game I ever 100%'d was Styx master of shadows and not only completing everything was the only way to get every available power, there's an entire area you would only ever need to enter if you're going for 100%. So can't help you there mate.

Seriously, it doesn't take that much effort to do something. Do devs not just think about it? Do they add in all this additional content and then forget about it?

What about games that go the total opposite direction, making you do all kinds of stupid shit you thought was trivial just to pad out the length? DK64 comes to mind, throwing up a door right before the final boss that forces you to go way back and get a high score on some easter egg arcade games you found a long time ago.
I had Spyro Season of Ice on the GBA, and you can't fight the final boss in that game unless you 100% it. Not the super-secret bonus final boss for the true ending. Just, the final boss.

anti-sage

>What videogames don't reward 100%?

Alright, that's a new one. Why don't you tell us what tertiary means in your mind and why it's killing Holla Forums.

He's replied to like 9 threads on the 1st page, I think he just wants attention.

Reported for being from cuckchan.

So you now need an icon in your good goy profile in order to 100% the game you like? Maybe video games are not for you my friend.

You know what's even worse? Games where getting 100% is boring. For instance: All GTAs

That's what you get for buying a game published by mr. Shitface

No, I'd just like some appreciation from the developer. I bothered to play his game entirely through, some kind of thank you would be nice. Honestly, Escape Goat 2 was just especially egregious, because getting 100% should have story implications, but it doesn't. Nothing changes if you save all the sheep versus the minimum amount of sheep. Nothing changes if you end the game by going out the second escape that's deeper into the final world, and thus harder to get to. The special collectables that are the reward for the secret levels seem like they are pieces to some whole, but they don't actually do anything. It's like the framework was set up, but the entire thing was intentionally left incomplete.

Who said anything about buying?

am i missing something or is there really no other reason to collect that last power cell other than to appease my own autism?

Oh, I just remembered another game that, while it doesn't give no acknowledgement, the reward is so shitty that it doesn't make up for the pure tedium of getting 100% at all. Coincidentally, it's also related to mr. shitface.

The latter.

Fun you had while 100% is a reward itself.
If you didn't have fun while doing it, why were you even doing it?
I don't need a fucking virtual pat on the back for having fun.

what about story based games? what about games where the goal is the main motivator? this line of logic is stupid, video games are about working towards a goal.

What if that goal is to have fun?

100%ing a game is the opposite of fun. You sacrifice what little fun could be wrung from the game to master it, and get the fucking wind as a reward.

The only thing more sad than viewing 100% as a worthy accomplishment is needing a pat on the back from the developers for it.

If it doesn't take that much effort, then why are you complaining?

There should be a sense of satisfaction for completing something. A conclusion, if you will. While the journey isn't about the destination, a journey is pointless without a destination. Everything is just left hanging. Imagine if you didn't save the princess at the end, if Dracula wasn't dead for another century, if the game never told you that you had won. Do you not think that wouldn't be a satisfying end? Shouldn't putting in above and beyond the required effort also get some appropriate reward?

do it for the achievments, goy

After a couple dozen times of seeing that pic i finally understand the joke.
For some reason i tought the pun was that after managing to get in space he was still a crybaby, thus a loser…

oy vey

It only started getting boring with the NuGTAs, 4, 5and Chinatown Wars.
The rest of the GTAs actually rewarded you for your autism.

GTASA
All kinds of neat shit to keep you entertained after you beat the game or if you don't beat it and just complete sidequests.

GTA3/GTAVC

4 and it's DLC

That's the only thing you can unlock in that shit. I've been bitching about it since the game first came out on the PS3.
Even the minigames in GTA5 were shit and were twice as shit that you didn't even get anything for being good at them.

I actually miss replay value beyond DLC.

I've never dropped a Metal Gear game so fast in my life. Even fucking 4 has more replay value and that game is 80% cutscenes.

Excuse me?

I mean the joke.

☑ 卐
Shame the PC version of San Andreas was ruined by Cocktard. I liked bypassing the story missions and becoming a walking god as soon as possible without even doing the first mission.

His mother dropped him on his head as punishment for eating lead paint chips.

You get an Hydra near your fucking house user

You can fully restore anything missing from the XBOX/PS2 releases.

They fucked the widescreen settings and inputs. I have it for Xbox, but I CBA to drag that beast out of the basement to see if it's still dead. The amount of effort required to have proper fun kills my motivation utterly.

Don't fucking remind me.

I got tired of the PS2 version ( to be honest, I wore the fucking game out after almost 10 years of use. it was always my fallback GTA).
Then I learned that I bought the version that couldn't be modded, ie the one you could get out of Circuit City.
How do you fuck even that up Rockstar?
Shiggy the diggy.
At least it was remotely playable without heavy modding like Saints Row 2.
Such is the life of doing it for free.

Yoshi's Island. Gives you an extra difficult level for 100%ing a world, but doesn't acknowledge your completion of them or 100%ing the whole game, it just shows the number on the level.

This was changed in the GBA version.

I mean getting 100% completion being boring.
Hunting around for wang cars or colleting the fucking cloysaters was not fun at all.

Why would you do that outside of having crippling autism and ocd?

Even with those, I couldn't 100% gta V

That's not fun in itself that's just leading false expectations when you're probably grinding out the mechanics to the full extent in the process. Assuming the game didn't do this you would still need something to make it satisfactory in the end. If the fun is in itself there shouldn't even be anything to record it. There needs to be something and personally I find the best thing to be more gameplay.

You are sincerely retarded.

user you're not very smart

NO BULLY

I have never 100% completed any game, ever.

What's worst is a game where getting 100% becomes a huge drag near the end, at which point you find out it's impossible to get 100% without cheats because of a bug they never bothered to patch…

Assasins creed had a shitload of collectables but I dont think they did anything and it was incredibly tedious.

IIRC one of the designers for the first AssCreed put in all the pointless collectibles as a form of "protest" against games where you have to collect shit.

I always thought the cuck could have spent his time making the collectibles interesting and meaningful instead of a pure exercise in tedium to assuage his butthurt.

kbg.awardspace.com/

And now ubisoft games are a perfect example of collectables taken too far. Lots of good that protest did, probably gave some faggots in the company the wrong idea

I think the biggest issue with most open world sandbox games is that they keep forcing you to repeat the same kind of shit you keep doing in the main missions for no tangible reward or just make you so overpowered whatever semblance of challenge the game had is gone.

Go back your skinner box.

Collectathon games and the people who play them are cancer.

As much as it made people fucking rage, in Breath of the Wild the whole "Hestu gives you a golden turd for getting 100% of the Korok Seeds" does have a purpose. The whole thing is you're meant do is play as much of the game as you want and that's it; if you want to go and fight Ganon at the start you can, if you want to max out then you can. After a while, the Korok Seeds can't upgrade anything anymore, the idea is that they're so numerous but still require some searching for that you'll probably get enough to do whatever you need to do if you're relatively thorough in exploration. Anything more than that is not what the developers intended. Getting 100% in that game is specifically not rewarded because that's not what it's about. You get rewards for 100% shrines, but you get nothing for Seeds after you've maxed out your character.

That said, I'd have changed one thing: Made the game stop tracking your percentage progression after finding enough seeds to max your inventory space. To dangle that carrot in front of players saying "LOL you went and filled the percentage meter in a game you paid money for you fucking LOSER" is exactly the same as any other developer, if you're going to make a commentary on shitty collectathon gameplay (which I'm almost certain the Golden Turd is supposed to reflect) then you can't do it while also doing the same thing. It's not a parody nor satire of it, it's just actually doing it saying "har har aren't we funny for making the player feel like they completely wasted their time." No. There was an easy way to have made the joke work and it was literally saying "When nth Korok Seed is collected, define Korok Seed completion as 100%."