Well shit

Well shit

I keep noticing developers doing this. Why not just say PC? Is Valve paying developers to keep games exclusive? I see no benefit for the developer otherwise.

Steam just kind of means PC at this point, I've come to accept that.

You remember when they said PC?

Now that the steam console flopped, Valve is going to turn the steam users' PCs into consoles instead.

Since you love twitter so much just twit at them "no GOG no buy" then.

Ironically if they put it on GOG I probably wouldn't buy it but pirate it instead

My guess is that they want to make the distinction between a Steam release and a standalone one.

Cause putting a game on Steam is piss easy, while GOG will deny games from being released on it for arbitrary reasons.
Also this

I genuinely think that pozzed developers just find it easier to relate to corporate labels

It isn't coming to windows 10 store, apple and linux systems as well as gog.
So yeah, PC is a bit too broad of a term at this point.

it's the opposite for me, not that i care about gog specifically any drm-free site would work.

which really helps their competition

Pretty much. Also with them gradually pushing the Galaxy client on their customer base and the Galaxy.dll telemetry debacle, they're losing what made them stand out from other platforms.

But it's optional, goy!

Wow you're taking your steam fanboyism to another level.

Sick meme.

What happened? I could only find a few threads about Witcher 3 not working without Galaxy.dll.

vs

the great debate

the great trips

It wasn't just Witcher 3. Several games including(but not limited to) The Witcher games on GOG got updates that featured the titular dll. The games could not be ran without said dll and it would constantly generate (albeit minimal) internet traffic sending telemetry information to GOG's servers. There might have been some other shit, but that's all I remember off the top of my head.

The only thing GOG has going for them is they offer DRM-free downloads, but they might not even have that soon.

Sick numbers.

Is it a Hotline Miami clone?

If you knew how development worked you'd know that most devs are paid by publishers to work on a game and then don't receive money from sales.

Fuck's sake. GOG has no point now.

more like developers want to get as many eyes on their game as possible and not just rely on neckbeards word of mouth

right? "wow we made so much money on this game here's a huge cash bonus for you dev's" said no publisher ever. its more like "we approved your 1% salary increase request this year based on your performance"

You need to do what you're told goyims.
You give me money now or else…

The problem is that (((Valve))) is monopolizing the PC market with its DRM platform. It worries me too.

It looks like Retro City Rampage, but with an SNES coat of paint. Seems… okay.

Holy shit.

Well. PC gaming was nice while it lasted. Guess I'll try this.. Outside stuff for a few years, so how that goes.

Spot the goon

The steam DRM crack is generic. You can easily make a DRM free game if you get it on steam.

But steam is on linux systems
So it's still redundant…

What? Why?