It's really underwhelming to know that there's going to be almost another decade to wait until we see another failure...

It's really underwhelming to know that there's going to be almost another decade to wait until we see another failure of this calibre.

How did people buy into it at all ? I didn't even see that big of a marketing campaign.

You haven't seen the shills in jewtube, the clickbait journos, and multiple GOTY awards it won without even being played yet?

What is
STAR CITIZEN

As I said, almost another decade

I missed the jewtube marketing, only saw some of the GOTYs. Do people trust those ?

At this point I'm not sure why Hello Games is still a company. After that disaster, their best bet would be to disband the company and create a new one under a different name.

lel

more like never evur

most of the people looking forward to this game probably thought Sony made it. if anything all they need is a new publisher.

Twitch attention whore streamers and other jewtubers shilled it as "Star Citizen meets Minecraft" and yes, people were fucking retarded to listen to these retards and the impossible promise of the Universe/Galaxy by Sean Murray and crew when their resume had only Xbox sports games in it, glad youtube is dying.

I still remember the first trailers, going from planet to planet. I couldn't believe anyone bought it for a second.

There was some mock up trailer in one E3 that people got hyped about for some reason.

I don't think Sony had anything to do with it when it was first announced. They were just trying to profit off the hype.

nah we'll see the SC ship will go down within a year or so.

They've already begun the desperate cash grab.

I didn't care much about it either, but after seeing a video that shows Sam Murray's lies, apparently he even appeared on some talk shows to talk about the game

At least ME:A gave it its best shot.

People have said that every year since they spun up their shekel engine. There's always some doomsday prophecy, or some scandal, or some major fault in the code that's going to cause the whole thing to self-destruct "within a week/month/year", and it still hasn't fucking happened yet.
Star Citizen is the biggest fucking blueball of all time.

At this point, I'm 80% certain that it will continue for years until the money train stops, then quietly release a buggy piece of shit that doesn't work, and then everyone who worked on it will either vanish or move to some non-extradition country before the next dawn. It's going to go out with the quietest whimper possible, rather than a satisfying nuclear bang.

I remember when it was first announced there was this annoying BR faggot on somethingawful who used his terrible grasp of the English language to make every single person on the forums know he was modeling ships for the game. Guarantee you the whole team is made of people like him.

any idea about ME:A sales? I'm afraid normal homos ate that shit like flies

Is that country still around? Last I heard, they'd officially done away with citizenship, giving all refugees and immigrants the same rights and privileges as their native population. Not that BR was a great place before, but shouldn't they have collapsed into a black hole by now?

this was ~5 years ago or so.

They can do that and no refugee will ever go there, because nobody wants to actually live in Brazil

Holy shit, it has actually been 5 entire years already. Someone needs to figure out what the government is doing to the concept of time because it's clearly moving way too fast these days.

I suppose you've got a point there.

Well see, this works well for them.
The only people that want to go live there are rich whites that can live the high life and fuck teenage whores from the slums and do lines of coke

They only get the best of our best

Kids nowadays think content=quality, so when the game promised more "content" than a million people could explore in their entire lifetimes, they were all over that like white flies on shit-covered rice. That was literally the entire game's selling point: 14 gorillion planets, and nothing else but a series of empty promises about shit that might theoretically happen but were very unlikely because math. Any actual gameplay was a detriment to their marketing campaign.

Still waiting for the Sonichu VN.

Normalfags and vidya culture

They had several E3 slots for their game. E3 slots are not cheap.

Good thing sony, benevolent to indies, was out to help them.

Also that fag Sean was on Colbert Report.
Man, to think an indie game would go on Colbert! :^)

STAR CITIZEN
T
A
R
C
I
T
I
Z
E
N

That's what we're going to have to wait another decade for.

oh shit you're right

More cuckchan threads. Can our mods do something about this? We're clearly being raided. Sage hard for tertiary trash.

normalfag friends saw it on the Colbert Show.

Spoiler: we have been being raider for a long time now

anti-sage again because you're an idiot.

I have a folder dedicated to this mess. Shall I post it?

Oh user
You're so naive
How i envy your optimism

Don't worry, the video game crash is nigh user

We've had Battleborn, Mighty No 9 and NMS recently. Are we accelerating on flops per year? Are we going to hit a singularity of floppiness?

I pretty much forgot about star citizen

honestly it was an over hyped missing features Grind in space sim.

if it released with its two updates out of the get go it probably would of been better received.

but in the end it made money only people who got hurt are the ones who bought the game and spent 50-100+ hours in it before realizing they bought crap

That's Uncharted 7 protag

You forgot about Mass Effect Down Syndromeda, Planescape Torment EE and DOW 3

And Evolve.

Where is the music from? Sounds SUPER familiar, but I can't remember what it's from

no we don't user. we have the nintendo switch.

Really nigga?

3.0 - 3.3 will be the tipping point, that is when they introduce actual gameplay and it will either be good enough to make it a successful game or shit enough to bring everything down.
I still hope it's a good game because I like good games but I certainly aren't counting on it