MMORPG thread

I wanna know some mmorpgs (fps is fine too) that you guys play that still aren't dead, especially obscure ones. How's the population? How long have you've been playing, and what's the game like?

I can't name something that I still play myself but I do know some obscure mmorpgs that I played that aren't dead. Atulos online, endless online, RPG world online, Wyvern. Do you still play some old as fuck mmorpg?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/8vHeRo
ragnarok.wikia.com/wiki/Sakray
youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_z1wwZSRA
youtube.com/watch?v=1Mc_nO-uLSU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

inb4 desperate wowfags

EVE online. It's EVE. The goons got evicted from the north and no longer control the whole fucking game, reddit got shit on more times than I can count.

Planetside 2 with wwew, don't play planetside 2, it's shit.

And I play some APB: Reloaded with a friend from time to time. Don't play APB:Reloaded.

It's still a very, very boring game regardless.

What happened? Last time I played it (2014) it was pretty good. All I know is that some admins on their reddit are massive cunts.

It's about space.
And space is empty.

I want to correct myself, RPG world onliny and wyvern is dead, I think.

Well, like literally any game out there, it's fun with if you're playing with OK people.

It's semi-dead, and the devs keep fucking the balance of everything, and adding new retarded FOTM guns.

I also wonder what happened to the DFO and ToS threads, are the games nearly dead?

It's still boring.

Only if there's something to do, and there's really not all that much of worth to do in Eve that is fun with other people.

private wow servers are still a thing, but you need a specific taste to enjoy wow
warmane for wotlk (only the lordaeron realm is good, others are full of donators)
elysium for vanilla

Anarchy online

see

I can't believe that game is still going, I played it when it came out …

Why didn't that blonde ubermensch kick that spic's ass back to Mexico tbh

Mortal online for a pretty developed and fleshed out sandbox MMO, The Repopulation for autistic early-access sandbox trash.

No, there is literally nothing else. Wait for mabinogi 2 if you're looking for something less hardcore for sandbox stuff but still being open enough to not kill yourself. And by mabinogi 2 I mean Peria Chronicles. If you're looking for a top-down autistic and non-fleshed-out MMO that is also technically early access while trying to be ultima but with more "Everyone kills eachother for no discernible reason" then look to Albion Online.

Congrats.

Damn. But they are transferring the characters right? I hate to see mmorpg servers die like this, it's a small universe.

That actually looks like a pretty cool mmorpg.

I played that a long time ago, also Fiesta, and FLYFF. I'm curious to see if they can make something similar, I'll search for Peria Chronicles then.

Well, I actually really want a mmorpg with consequences. I hate it when its too easy to level up and you almost never die and if you do, you lose nothing. I'm interested in this.

Also, does anyone remember Project Powder? That was a fun little snowboarding mmo.

Age of Wushu chiming in: there's two servers, one of which is an amalgam of every server before it and the second is a newer and relatively fresher one, slowly unfolding through the events and unlocks that the game had, more or less. The first has more people, probably never has more than 200 people on at one time, and i'd guess, as BEST, double that throughout the day; younger server has half that, i'd wager.

I'm the lone madman autist who's been playing it for two-plus years straight, and all i see anymore is grind and things i'll never have; a new player will see a mountain of information they have to slowly sift through to find a path to getting stronk, and then they find people who drop mad coin into the game get rocket-powered Segways and probably give up. If you really like endless MMOs or a low-fantasy chinese setting, that might tide you through, but i've sen people who DO like those things, and most of them have walked already. Oh, also it's open PVP, but all that means is 'pick on someone weaker and hope they don't have someone stronger to grind your face into paste'

Damn man… this is what killed mmorpgs for me. I could honestly deal with the grindiest shit if needed, with some brutal consequences for dying and all of that. But it really sucks to see someone who drops $100 in a mmorpg do what you did in half a fucking year. There's nothing more infuriating than that. For example, I loved FLYFF. It was such a korean grindfest, but it was so fun, you had to get parties if you wanted anything done. But then the p2w got too strong. There were people that leveled up x50 faster than me. No matter how much I loved it, I quit at that point.

I saw a lot of videos of age of wushu and even tried it a few years ago, dunno why I dropped it. But I could give it a try if it's a really fun game. But if it's like you saw, p2w stronk, then I don't know…

What news on the sequel?

Still my favorite MMO since you can actually fuck up your character build and be 100% useless. It's a damn shame they removed the swimming skill from the game. At least vehicle air and vehicle ground are still in.

MMORPGs are for losers who are disconnected from reality.

Where do you think we are?

It's escapism! It's not healthy!

I've played for so long largely because i never measured myself against anyone else; i just push forward and keep progressing, but, to be frank, not nearly as straightforwardly as i should. If you wanna pick it up again and just play for the game itself and not for the players, you'll play it just fine; until you get sick of the grind, at least, and you'd be far from the first. Hell, there was a guy named MisterBones two years ago who didn't even make it into the guild before he stopped playing, which is like falling over backwards at the starting line.

i'unno, i don't keep up; heard it was gonna be a subscription sandbox rather than a "free to play" MMORPG, and that's about it. I imagine it'll just be the same game, all these factions and sets and shit, but with a different style to it all.

now understand that there's an additional level beneath video games, and that level is MMOs. video games typically have mechanics and challenge, modern MMOs have none of these things. And they were just dressed up DikuMUDs to begin with, which was just a skinner box of shitty roguelike combat.

Is the meme finally dead?

The Secret World

extremely underrated and deserves more praise

it's basically VtmB the MMO

The only MMORPG that was ever worth a damn was WoW haha, fooled ya. In truth, its Ragnarok Online.

hmm? PSO2 is still going strong, it's larger than it has ever been in japan. the other servers were shitty copies that were 3 years behind and hadn't been updated in 2 years

My melanated brethren.

tbh I didn't play it much because I used to be a total fucking carebear but I recognized even then that it was really cool. I think Shadowbane kinda did the same thing better tho

I don't. I have given up all hope for MMOs. I long for the day that all the chinks move onto their mobile shit and crash the MMO market with no survivors so that actual fun games will have a chance.

F

There is a whole bunch of old well drawn pixel art 2D MMOs out there, that all are, what do you call it? Ping-based? Or something?
Basically your every input is sent to the server directly and character won't move until you got your signal back. Which makes them all pretty much unplayable for me, since I'm basically australian.
Is there at least one that is client based like most new games are?

Did that other starwars galaxies server ever take off?
I just wanted to make a robot maid and not get killed by drifting sand crawlers.

You mean SWGEmu? Also fuck off, as an aside.

The Infinity guild in ToS changed leadership a while back, and we just haven't been making threads. We'll probably make one when the big rebalance happens soon.

I wanted to ask someone in the threads whenever they popped up, but it's fine since you're here now. Wasn't ToS heavily disappointing and depressing?

Have you seen what's been coming out of the industry for the last decade or two?

Also, the less about mechanics and challenge games have become, the less they seem to be made for losers disconnected from reality they've become.

this is what I hate about MMOs and why I will probably never play one again

they're never skill based and the top player is simply the biggest no lifer who invested the most time grinding the game

This is a patrician post. It's still a good game, really good grind fix too.

This game however is shit, and I hope Funcom goes out of business putting all of their eggs in the 'relaunch it' basket. Unless they have a non-zero chance of making an AO 2 sometime, that does it any justice. If that's the case, Funcom should hit it big because my grudge against TSW being bad and fucking up our shot at a good /x/ MMO is not as enduring as my love for Anarchy Online.

Guildwars
Guildwars 2

TSW was great. Are brain damaged

Are *you

AO was great but then FC went full jew with it, Conan was promising and then FC shat on it hard and now desacrates its corpse with the shit Rust clone, TSW is shit MMO and would be infinitely better as singleplayer RPG.

Fuckcom is just incompetent bunch of niggers at this point.

I don't know their history but the lore and atmosphere in TSW is fucking perfect. I really fell in love with the game spooky theme and presentation. Hell almost all the dialogue is voice acted too

I think so if you were expecting it to be a successor to Ragnarok Online. I joined up from the threads a few months ago, and I've enjoyed the game. That said, there are a vast amount of improvements to be made, but the devs are slooowly getting things going. There's a major rework of the damage and stat system that's underway on the Korean server, and should be hitting iToS at the start of summer.

I think that you really gotta be able to handle the fact that it's a grinding MMO to enjoy it. I can say for sure that the experience is much better when you're in an active guild.

I'd enjoy it a lot more if it wasn't linear as fuck.

It was shit and it still is shit, when it's re-released it'll probably be as shit or worse.

AO really hasn't had that much jewing, they kept most of the money-grabs to twinking items and boosts and shit that you as a 220 do not need to give a shit about at all. At worst you got shit like the boosts for rep etc. in SL and those are all unnecessary to get parity with people that did drop money. Age of Conan was alright, it had massive flaws that crippled it and now has no players but it's still more of an MMO in its design than the majority of trash on the market.

This is at best a neutral thing and at worst a bad thing. See Tortanic's 200 million plus VA budget and the shit game it rode along with. All necessitating a VA for every piece of content that involves NPC interaction does is fuck up your ability to expand your content in general and make your game more of a typical Bioshit RPG than an MMORPG.

why is it shit though? you never explain why

why is it bad?

Combat is the worst part of TSW. Writing and world design also take fucking nose dive after first act and barely pick up with Transylvania.
They could have reused combat system from Conan, instead they went with the shitty "stack 3 and channel" crap.
I'll give you that puzzle quests are top notch but all of them just painfully show how much better TSW would be as singleplayer game.

Ctrl+F "Ragnarok Online"
2 Results found

WE MUST FIND A SERVER BROTHERS AND REUNITE THE GREAT CLAN ONCE AGAIN.

I like Elder Scrolls Online. It doesnt feel like an MMORPG which is exactly what I like. Its got all the elements of an MMORPG which is what I like. And its got voice acting= fuck yes. Story is pretty interesting, but I really enjoyed the DLC stories a lot more. So much potential for growth with ESO

I'd play ESO if it was f2p.

Its not subscription based anymore. Just pick it up during a sale, $20USD
I'd recommend

Wew lad.

All MMORPGs have a social aspect, this is nothing to the credit of TSW. Even shitty not-MMOs that pretend to be will tend to have this, though only for as long as it's still not readily apparent that you're playing a shit game (See: TSW).

Get the fuck out of my genre, you dipshit.

Not the worst, but hardly the best. Not salvaging the whole, either.

They're meh, even by Funcom's standards where almost all of their graphics are meh by modern standards at best.

This was the best thing about AoC, and then they fucking ruined it by having casters that don't utilize the combo system for shit. It would beat TSW though. As an aside, AoC on its max (and very unoptimized crashy settings ofc, Funcom) settings is still the most graphically satisfying MMO Funcom has. Exiles looks better and shit, but that's to be expected.

It doesn't feel like an MMORPG because it isn't an MMORPG, and that's why you like it. Because you're a fag who doesn't like MMORPGs. Holy shit, go back to Skyrim you fucking pleb.

How's the new thera class, the ninja? Is it worth going back? Is anyone here playing it?

:^)

fug, TERA*

It's alright, no depth what so ever. But its an mmorpg so whatever.

Stop. There are no more good mmo's. Play Wurm online and join this board's server.

Toontown Rewritten's been going well, aside from updates being a bit slow for the most part. Still boasts ~2.5-3k people online during peak hours, and they finally managed to add in pets recently.

shill it to me

mmo's are bad

I'm hanging out for pantheon: rise of the fallen, and maybe camelot unchained. I don't know, man.

I started playing WoW on a private server, the Legion expansion. I never played it before and I didn't know what to expect, other than it turns people into fat zombies.
I actually kind of like it, I haven't had so much fun exploring in a while. I wish the quests were more varied though.

>only way to get the good end of the game's main story is to murder a baby
This was a great game despite the lethal combination that was the cash shop and Cave's decision to balance the game around it. I was proud to be there for its final moments.

I can mention a few obscure mmos or foreign ones. Emil chronicles online being a charming weeb grinding hell on a dead private server with some mechanics comparable to ragnarok online. Fantasy earth zero being first and foremost a faction-wars battlegrounds style pvp mmo, 50v50 battles although slow-paced requires strategy and coordination. Master of Epic online, never played it but is a pretty old mmorpg from japan, no levels and classes but a shitton of skills to level up by using em from battle skills to social/craft skills, it had a thirst and a hunger meter which would debuff your combat abilities if left ignored. Also hair washing otherwise youd get flies flying around your head ingame. Cosmic League which is about to die/is dead in America is a sequel to cosmic break, plenty of robots and waifubots but a shitty p2w gacha, tps arena shooter and a god-awful laggy pve field. There's that Gundam pvp mmo mentionned by that one user that I never tried but looks fun as hell. Flyff is an old but cute gook grindy mmo but there are private servers for it, the soundtrack is comfy. Granado Espada is unique as in you make a familly and then up to three characters you can control ingame, havent touched it in forever but all I know is Npc characters you recruit will always be better than the ones you create by default, the soundtrack is amazing. Code closers or code breakers online is similar to DFO in terms of instances and combat, controls are stiff but its playable, there is a private server with barebones english translation, some okay characters and cute waifus and a fuckboi who uses a lance for a weapon Soul worker online is a weeb-friendly mmo with a fatigue system and dungeon instances, there are cute waifus.

One day, user.

Whatever. Its obvious that you'd rather have a flashy grindfest than an actual immersive world

Bump to this?

I've still got it planned for the start of summer. But I've seen a lot of people talk RO recently. I just want to get as many free and available people as possible to join in. Summer seems the best time for that. So Just gotta tough it out for about 2 more months lads.

What server do you have in mind this time? It's true, summer is the best time to get people into MMOs, with kids and college students to pad the ranks. I will be busy then but I will try to get some hours in playing alongside you guys at a more casual pace.

So far my thought is HeRO, but if you guys can scout out and find a good server let me know. be it here or in the stream group

Everquest Project 1999 is a very true to the times rendition of Everquest in the early days. They have the original game, Kunark and Velious expansions, afaik as I know that is all it will ever have too. I had a lot of fun with this, and you will too as long as you pick either a cleric, shaman, enchanter or pet class. :p

Planetside 2, wwew got me back into that shit.

I play LOTRO from time to time, it was dead as shit for some time and is now officially 10 years old, but I find it comfy… And the developers not long ago have gone indie so there's no giant jew Warner Bros company sapping the life out of it… I reckon it's got a few years left before it's shut down. Wouldn't recommend it though unless you're really fucking patient with an outdated as fuck engine. (The Warden class is pretty original though and makes tanking fun).

Its called Relay-server based user-kun

Yeah, Mara looked glorious on the PC. It's also great that he got his own figma, though frankly it's too expensive for me.

so much p2w trash in ToS right?

(You have been visited by the Candycane NT. Triples and mass claw eyes is coming your way unless you yell SHOO SHOO NANOFAG.)

I narrowly avoided this ghastly fate. SHOO SHOO NANOFAG

Feels funny to say because I'm a fucking nano enf tbh

just buy a dildo

Better not be a goddamn soap dodger. Omni for life. RotLO was a fun ass org until Coen quit.

Omni-tek Protects. Clans are desert niggers with awful shadowbreeds for NM anyway.

It seems you have never played Face of Mankind in its glory years. That game ruined MMOs for me because everything else is just so fucking shit in comparison.

What is the best profession and why is it fixer?
Also I created an NT for kiting and powerleveled him from 1 to 105 in a day. Felt great.

The only good omni is a dead omni. Old Athen and vanguards, not Omni-1 and latex gimps

ToS actually has virtually no P2W aspects in it. The only thing is the 30 Day token that acts as a membership thing of sorts (exp boost, team storage, more trading, reduced market fees), but that's purchasable on the player market without needing to spend real money.

AO isn't free, the pockets of Funcom gotta be littrd with subscription money. Michi 'ded game' Zuri is not my content developer and probably is putting the game on maintenance mode as well :DD. Bad themeparks not good MMOs ok, praise microtransactions.

Fixer is fun and damn powerful, but I will never regret being a greyskinned manlet cyber samurai that becomes a big guy 4u/OT so long as I live.

Their new Conan game did pretty well saleswise didn't it? Maybe now that they've finally managed to make a game that isn't a flop financially, they'll allocate some manpower to making AO great again.
They're gonna make another bloodline champions, aren't they

When Conan did well they actually outright said AO was entering into the twilight years with no future development foreseen. Instead, they are going to try to relaunch The Secret World so it can be a shitty game AGAIN, but possibly in a slightly different way this time. AO 2 is probably the closest thing to Make Anarchy Great Again we might be able to get, and it's probably neverever, either because FC would rather spend less and make more off worse games or because they just lack the ability to make anything as good as AO anymore to begin with. There's also a slim hope in FC having previously said they'd try to offload the IP if they thought they didn't want to maintain the game anymore to someone that is interested in it, and that might actually pan out better if they did.

Fuck, I guess it's time to get the subscription rolling for a month or two and finally hit 220. I've been sitting at 210 forever.
I'm gonna be real sad when AO finally kicks the bucket, it was a large part of my teenage life

It's still probably years out, and the game is still great/has players/shitloads of content so I'm still shilling it, but yeah. It's a relic of better times for the genre, it's very bittersweet.

I don't know of a better server, but I think people left heRO for a reason. What happened with that server that launched at the beginning of the year IIRC? Obviously the 8/v/ guild didn't take off, but was the server itself any good?

Already got a Wii, but thanks.

HeRO was more of a matter of taste, I was one of the original players that ventured to the server and I only ever disliked the low drop rates (for a server with shit like the brasil puppers quest the gear wall hit hard and fast, and it was worse with the overaged community) and special snowflake endgame content with slightly-more-powerful gear (filled with obnoxious reflect/perfect guard/etc enemies because fuck you).

HeRO wasn't bad by any means and they put up with us despite the occasional NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER in mainchat, but we'd be a little hard pressed to find something that represents the actual Pre-Re RO with better rates without something worse trading places elsewhere.

Ragnarok Online was good even though it was bad

Can you link the steam group.

t. Askardt

The RO had its issues, and Renewal certainly wasn't the answer.

steamcommunity.com/groups/8vHeRo
This one?

T-thanks.

Fixer was great, but Trader and MP were really something special. The best part about leveling an NT on hecks back in the day was ASSLOADS OF CREDITS from all the ingots.

It is just hard to justify paying 15 bucks a month for a game that dead. If they still had the 9.99 a month Shadowlands only offer I'd totally do that.

Both FFXI and AO could really benefit from progression servers like EQ is doing now. I'd kill for it.

PLACENTA

I still play Everquest 2.

The game is garbage on every level, but the housing is still the gold standard. I only play for a few reasons:

- Housing
- Playable Fairy Race
- Race mixing with High/Dark Elves
- RP/ERP

Only play:
>If you are willing to accept that a vast majority that still play are 40 year old social retards that have been playing since EQ1's launch and most likely married each other. The amount of married couples are fucking staggering.

In fact, disregard this entire post. EQ2 is trash and I don't even know why I continue to go back to it even today. Sunken costs I guess.

Trader is awesome, the kind of layered twinking a trader can get up to is so fucking deep and unheard of in a modern MMO. I'm gonna sit my fucking grandchildren down one day and tell them at length about all of the unique classes in dead MMOs gone by, because it's probably one of the biggest losses gaming has experienced.

Man, FFXI was really good in its own way as in there's no way to survive on your own unless you took a loner job like a beast hunter. It's pure teamwork which means being a little bitch or that ow-the-edge guy won't allow you to progress. Too bad I heard they removed that aspect for the sake of casualisation. Also FFXIVWoW appeared.

Guild Wars 1
Ultima Online

They're both still alive and well.

Do share. Even if the MMO is dead some of us armchair designers are interested in what was good about it.

That actually makes purchasing tokens P2W since it lets you indirectly purchase gold, but overall it's an okayish system since gold-purchasing faggotry aside it lets f2p players mooch off of the p2w players to obtain the same benefits (aside from having less gold). A number of MMOs do that shit because they noticed it earns them a lot of $$$ even if the overwhelming majority of players are otherwise freeloaders without going cashshop faggotry which usually pisses off the freeloaders enough that servers die.

Depth, non-homogenized classes, dangerous enemies/zones/overworld, exploration, encouraged/required grouping, and horizontal progression are all dead. Sadly they were all the reasons I played MMOs in the first place

The combination of these three things is a serious love of mine in MMOs. It used to be a frequent thing I'd find in most of them, where you had all manner of far-flung and obscure ass places full of half-baked ideas and super powerful fuck-you creatures that almost seemed to guard it from scrutiny until the devs figured out why they ever even put it in to begin with. Now it's much less common, you see areas with no dead space and no exceptional mobs/quirky stuff to see unless it's specifically part of some meta-zone plot or individual quest or what have you. It's all streamlined and devoid of personality. Everything having an obvious purpose is extremely unimmersive.

Anyone on Holla Forums actually play this? I actually rather enjoyed that game

I was interested to see how they would fuck up The Secret World, check this out… Combat looks mostly the same except for ability pruning (12 abilities per weapon) and the addition of a soft lock reticle. There is an easy mode for dungeons so people can run through them without caring. I mean really it all looked the same except for one major detail.
Once you do a dungeon, you are locked out. You need to spend keys to get back in. When you kill a boss, a loot crate appears (it can be good or bad quality at random) but you cant loot it until you spend a key.

It's a cute game but I remember it being grindy as fuck, moreso than what I'm used to

Tree of Saviour :^)

i play bdo on a private server
has waifus i suppose

You've piqued my interest. When was there a great clan? Did it start on 8/v/ or is this something older?

8/v/ had a clan on HeRO that lasted awhile. Due to the small population of 8/v/ we often can recognize each other. There is a reasonale sized steam group. Lets just hope we can find a new home soon.

Is there any MMO where I can wander around and be a gloomy witch, while also being able to team up with others sometimes for adventuring? Bonus points if I can either make potions from ingredients I find, or curse people. Pic tangibly related.

I had hoped that BDO would be this game but the character creation is to samey for each class. Like the sorceress will never not look like the sorceress, baring the obvious "let's make an ugly character on purpose" ones. Also all the armor choices look the same unless you want to shell out, like, 40usd for a single outfit or grind forever to get enough gold.

to clarify, you'll apparently be able to run a dungeon over and over again… but you can't LOOT THE FUCKING BOSS unless you have a crate key.
some shitter was defending this new system, it was unreal. "There are other reasons to run a dungeon other than loot" yeah try finding other people to run a dungeon they can't get any rewards from. Content that can be done again and again for no rewards other than personal satisfaction is solo content, because you aren't going to find other autists to do it with.
TSW was a pretty fun solo game with some interesting group content that probably belonged in an entirely different game.

while we're talking about dead games i'll mention i've been playing Lord of the Rings Online recently. (I've played half the games mentioned in this thread in the last year just for the hell of it. AO is still pretty fun, unbelievably.)
LOTRO is f2p but not really, in that you can play from 1-30 then you'll need to buy content. On the other hand, it's a theme park mmo with 10 years of content and I'd only ever seen the starter levels before, and most of it can be soloed, so it can be fun.
It's interesting dipping in and out of these games seeing people who've been playing them for years unaware there are other games out there. i'm just thinking of these as my summer backlog, I can't get particularly attached to any of them but there's some fun to be had for a while.

Sadly I don't any MM would allow you to do that. There are things like that in RO, they are all different classes or different that what you are looking for. Sorry user, that sounds comfy as hell.

That sounds like an unbelievable amount of horseshit. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

While trader is truly the king of twinking, it's still very doable on other profs as well. I still have a serious hardon for laddering implants and no other MMO seems to have a similar system for skills and buffs.

Askardt my nigga, who is Sakray in the lore? I tought it was just a server name but I saw him as a character in one of those renewal instances.

Not an MMO but you can definitely do that kind of shit in Elona, game is pefect for solo roleplaying. Get a class that starts with alchemy, get a cat as a starting pet and boom, instant witch.

Yeah, I'm always on a search for that sort of comfy. I'd re-mod skyrim but I'm basically played it to death.

I'll c heck it out.

COME PLAY LEGION GOY

ragnarok.wikia.com/wiki/Sakray
As far as I know, he didn't actually make it in game, but if I recall Sakray is a testing server for RO? I could be wrong as this information is over a decade old. If he did make it into the game, it would have been recently as I have no real idea about renewal. They fucked the game up too much to really care. Its like advancing the plot in 40k, don't do it.

I mean Elona may be what you are looking for, as its a fucking great game. But if you want to play with us on RO there are several classes that allows you do some form of what you are looking for.
Alchemists make potions that everyone uses and can debuff everyone while summoning plant monsters or having a homonculus pet.
Sages can remove all buffs and debuffs from everyone while having utility in battle and being able to create weapon buff scrolls.
Then Rogues which are melee attacks which are more PvP based just straight up rip off gear people are wearing so that they are vulnerable to dickings to everyone.

But that is RO with no dedicated "witch" class. Elona may be your thing. I'm just shilling RO.

Concrete cushions, multiple bags of various implant sets for each stat, medsuits, treatment rifles/pistols, VTE's,Ring of Divine Teardrops sanct keys, treatment labs, a fucking million buffs if you had the NCU, and if all else failed a trader extruder bar for that last point.

Shit, that is not even a tenth of the stuff too. Did you ever get a set of Xen enhanced Alpha/Betas in? That was a goddamn adventure.That Ado quest brain implant they added years later was fucking awesome to.

too*

Alright, I'll give it a try. Alchemists sound like they could be fun.

I know, I just wanted to mess around with the 3rd jobs. Boy I tought RO wasn't balanced before with transclasses but those 3rd jobs really opened my eyes. What I noticed is that they're mixing the manga's story with the game's, with characters like Fenris, Chaos and others in instances. It's, weird, looks like private server OC shit, specially since it's very very scripted stuff.

RO or RO2?

RO 1
never RO 2
please pretend that RO 2 doesn't even exist

I never bought LoX I think. My main is a total fucking gimp. Usually I just got the items you mentioned and laddered implants until I got the desired results.I think I still have like lvl 100 symbs at 210. The only decent symb I have is the Ado brain. Med suit + SFA + IC/Prodigious strength/Behe etc. + some plantwork usually gets you high enough if you're not looking to spend too much time and effort on gear.

And not to forget perks of course.

Alchemists require a shit ton of patience and knowing of stuff also you will need to level with a party. As an 'chem who makes potions tends to have not much in the way of STR or VIT. Your job would be chuck sp potions and act as a loot hauler with your cart.
'chems actually have the best healing in game at end game and on players with high VIT.
The downside that all good alchemist skills tend to require materials to use.
RO is THE grinding game, which means all your materials need to be farmed. Then with your stats (This is where RNG comes into play, lessened with high stats, at a certain point you have a 100 percent success chance) which are put into INT/DEX/LUK for potion making.

Once you get a homonculus there is another level of RNG but at end game up becoming little hell cat in the right hands.

If you want to play alchemist, I seriously suggest you start reading any guides you can find as it is quite a handful to know the breadth of knowledge for a class. Most people just play it for the creator skill "Acid Demonstation" which is the strongest and most OP skill in the game. Which at this point of you being an creator which supports a guild, is just a huge bonus.

Also, RO2 doesn't exist, just stick with pre-renewal Ragnarok online RO1

Remember RO is an MMO and it is designed around, that. Just because you CAN solo most of the grinding content for materials doesnt mean you should. Make sure to have a guild or group of players with you. Set up an autoshop when you are offline so that can buy the basic materials you will be using for zeny.

Zeny is the in game currency. In regards to being a Novice->Merchant->Alchemist, merchants get passive skills that can be leveled up that reduce the cost of all NPC stuff you are buying by up to 24 percent and you can overcharge NPCs for another 24 percent, allowing you to make money to buy items and materials.

Yeah, thus why I stopped caring.

Damn, wish this was like 8-10 years ago. I was great friends with a bunch of the officers for Hellcom and each pande run vomited 150+ symbs. Most of the time they went into shop fodder or were left to rot. That is another thing I miss. Player shops based out of actual player city locations and the trip to pick up your goods. The auction terminal was more of a craigslist than amazon. Well, at least until they scrapped that and put in a standard GMS auction house.

Fucking accidently unequipping something and having to reperk twice, once to get it back on and once to get back to your PvE perks, still gives me nightmares.
AO is just another long line of niche games ruined by shitty companies. Rather than polish what made them great these fucking companies instead "modernize" and shit all over everything that made the product special all in the name of chasing the casual WoW player's shekels. Fuckers always forget that "casual MMO players" are a fucking cancer with the attention span of a budgerigar on crank. They have no loyalties and bail within 3 months.

Just think about what AO would be like if they never got tangled up in the fucking engine revamp. Fucking TEN YEARS of development for what ended up just being better lighting. All those promises of new models and animations thrown aside as Funcom pulled their team member by member to stroke Conan's cock poorly.

doesnt Holla Forums have a group on a private ffxi server?

Anyone have any experience with Albion online?

I like me some sandbox mmo and it kind of looks decent.

XI private servers are a fucking mess. They're all broken bug ridden messes with like two guys and their cat playing.

What about Tree of Savior? I heard it was a RO clone?

Please.. do not mention that let down here… It hurts too much… ;_;

Why? What's wrong with the game, anti-Satan? It looks beautiful or is that the only thing it got going for it?

The only thing it has in common with RO is its art style; ToS is a grindy themepark MMO with mountains of issues that won't ever be fixed and a dead community filled with bots.
It might be 'slightly' better now but I played the game at launch to level cap/last circle and it was one of the worst MMOs I've ever had the displeasure of being invested in.

There's a ToS thread up, ask questions there

It is boring linear game that has nothing in common with RO besides being beautiful. I got into CBT and played until the point where I burned out. I wanted it to be good and it simply is not worth it.

Firstly the balance is shit. In release and OBT magic classes were fucking gimped early game and afaik were pretty shit late game.

Pay to quicken grind mechanics, premium items, premium currency, shit progression through skills, shit skill progression. Passives take actual waiting time to level up, despite having money.

Also
says it clearer.

Bots in RO are usually to bypass grinding of tedium items such as those for slim white potions.

I will say though that the early game of ToS looked absolutely beautiful and then I feel that it starts to drop off. The linearity fucking killed it though. Seriously it is a long hallway simulator, its disgusting.

LotRO is a fucking great game with loads of great ideas and a ludicrously large game-world (Pic related, that close to Daggerfall as an MMO) that is very faithful to the books (if you are a LotR lorefag, it is pornography). If it still works the way it used to, you can also start totally F2P and do content to get points to use in the store to unlock shit.

Like Do everything in starter zones > buy higher level zone questpass > repeat - sort of deal. It's kind of possible to play totally free depending on what your end goal is. This almost makes up for the fact that Turbine created the F2P cash-shop model that has fucking ruined this god damn genre completely. Like most of their good ideas though, imitators only steal the worst parts.

Face of mankind was glorious.
Imagine roleplaying, but its actually just playing and not being a faggot speaking in the third person. Are you an LED, which means you are a police officer (although more likely corrupt than not, but that fit the game), so you do fucking police things. Or were you EC? That means you are part of the corporation factions, which means you are generally a greedy fuck in it for the money.

It had tons of player freedom, but it had the right frameworks to make things work. Do what you like, but (in its good days) you are still going to be part of some player run faction (but not player made, so there aren't 50 one man factions). So you have some people enforcing the correct behavior onto you.
No safe zone (except something like a useless spawn zone), which means that your players can police the game themselves. If somebody is an asshole, you don't have to wait for a GM if there even are any, put some fucking holes in the motherfucker.

This game was simply the correct amount of sandbox. Loads and loads of freedom, but just enough structure to make it so a good number of players are naturally roleplaying, not forced, just being another person in another world with different rules. Not a character in a game.

Sadly too few people understood how good this was and it was never and nothing alike will ever be financially viable.

FoM literally copied the Via Rossa zone from Neocron. Could not really respect them after that.

Could you give me a picture of the map? Looking at some online pics I see similarities in design of some objects and maps, but that could just be because of the similarities in the games. MMOFPSes probably required a certain form of maps and objects.
Then again, I am actually not against shameless copying myself. It clearly shows you are shit at something, but if you use what you copied to make a better product, thats innovation. I am against intellectual property rights.

As in they straight copied the design, got sued to fuck and back, and had to redesign the zone. The court ruled in Rakktor's favor.

Can't seem to find anything about that.
Do note that a big number of maps for Face of Mankind were bought from a third party. Don't know if the map we are talking about is one of those.

Might be, this was back in the early 2000s, so documentation is total shit. I'll dig around on the wayback machine and see what I can find.

Awesome.

It is a lorehound's wet dream to be sure, but it's easy to see where the game falls flat… It is afterall an MMORPG… A good one at that, enough content to be satisfyed for years… But it hasn't aged all that well especially looking at endgame areas now and the fact that the engine is really starting to buckle.
The developers make do with what they have and have made some really good shit.

I was a f2p for some time, you can push to about level 50 or so if you play your cards right without having to buy anything, but it really becomes a drag in Moria and it's worth at least becoming VIP for a month and maybe buying a pack or two just to get your shit up…

I'm an autist on Laurelin, if you're into RP on MMOs spoiler alert. That's incredibly autistic then Lotro offers perhaps the best game world and most fleshed out lore of them all.

I agree with that. While there are tons of things online that can be found for way too long. The things you need are not among them. Face of Mankind is only 13 years old, and its already a pain to find many things like specific versions of the game as well as any info to try and make an emulator.

Yeah, I'm not finding shit. It was all over the Neocron forums, but Reakktor is not even a company and the game shut down years ago. These days and the only forums that are still around are for the private server.

There was an official statement about it from the dev team and everything. Pretty sure the lawsuit was in German. We're really spoiled by modern documentation.

I still play this on freeshards

I haven't played it seriously in a year or two because my main got banned a dozen times and I had over half a year /played so I don't really want to reinvest that much time, but I was an RPfag too - just on Landroval. I'll definitely pop back on at some point in the near future though because I've been feeling a nostalgia trip with it.

Probably was in German, both companies are from Germany it seems. Which makes it a lot harder to find. It is however legal shit, so there must be a record of it somewhere.

Even so, to me, Face of Mankind will remain the best MMO there ever was during its high time. Sadly the devs ruined it to hell and back before finally shutting it down. If there is one thing I hate more than losing my favorite game, its seeing it be made shit before its final death.

10th anniversary, nigga. Best time to come back would be now… Mordor is coming soon so that's a thing…

I still can't get over the fact how gay some of the GMs can be though… I once got banned for speaking good about Donald Trump which triggered the local dramamongers… Oh and saying "we need to build a wall from Andrath to Fornost and make the Shire pay for it" is hate speech apparently.

I have a ban from Turbine on an alt account I made after my main got permabanned where they permabanned my alt account for "intent to compromise the game" because of the shit I did on my first account. Turbine does not appreciate me.

Fuck, I miss UO so much. I still have an account on UO:Gamers Hybrid I think. It's probably nine years old at this point.

I need to install SOTA again. Iolo did the login song for it, so it's almost as good, but still not as good as Stones.

Depends on your definition of better. When I tried it, it lowered performance drastically and looked barely different. Wavy grass is pretty much the only visible change. It's such a fucking crime how Funcom handles their best game.

I liked the intro movie but I couldn't get into the game at all.

City of Heroes NEVER EVER.

CRESTFALL
FUCKING
WHEEEEEEEEEN?

Yeah, at least NC got a private server. FOMK had some massive fiasco with a kickstarter attempt to revive it, right? Damn shame that once they turn out the lights you can't even play the game anymore.

Yeah, it was total shit and ran like hot garbage. Guess a better way of saying it would be that it had """better""" lighting. Went back to the original client within a week.

Neverever.

That kickstarter was so shit. I am happy I saw that one coming. May have been my favorite game, but if you are going to ruin it, I won't support it financially.

I wish FoM had a private server, thats exactly what it needs. You can't make money on that game anyway. Then again, I doubt anybody in the community could run a server completely fair.

I wish all MMOs had such private server prevalence as WoW, for archival purposes if nothing else.

Yeah, I know that if I ever get into a niche MMO again, I will try a lot harder to get everything needed for a private server, for a rainy day.

The worst thing is that old FoM (good FoM) had a private server at some point (when it died for the second time or something). Somebody had wireshark captures of the old version and easily reverse engineered it. Its a lot harder now that nobody has any more of these captures and the person that made the old one can't be found either.
Then again, its quite a simple game, it probably would be better off just remade, but better.

Anyone else other than that's played Ryzom or Planeshift? I just remember it getting mild buzz several years ago when some freetards became producers for both of them.

*other than me
sage for double posting

other than that, the hub areas have got a handful of players, but i'm guessing that there's even more via IRC and forums and whatever else there is

TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM

Also, don't forget 25 american dollary doos nets you a mount that gives you a bonus to your character's stats that are actually substantial.

Expanding on the overaged community that mentioned, absolutely everything on the market was horribly overpriced compounding the low drop rates, you had to compete against people with +10 top end gear while the grind for PvP gear sucked and sort of sets a high barrier for new blood to get into HeRO. That being said, ironically HeRO is probably one of the most newbie friendly private RO servers because of all the nice customized gear and content.

What ever happened to the Reborn server anyway? I took two days off next thing I know that server vanished.

Seems like its dead. I didn't visit from around the beginning of the year and when I tried to boot it up yesterday it failed to connect. RO Private servers come and go. That's kind of why when you see a server that's been around a few years it warrants some interest.

Very sad but true.

Oh shit, I think that is me. I'm pretty sure that shekel grabbing jew is my (((merchant))).

I'm tempted to be an alchi on whatever server we migrant to like a gpysy trader. Haven't played one in forever and having a bunch of autists throw mats at me to make potions for free is always nice. If we started on a newer server it would give me a headstart on alchi potion rankings for PvP if we should go that far.

About that. Rolo and I have started scouting for a new server. Nothing wrong with going back to HeRO, but we figured a fresh start might be nice.

I'm investigating JellyRO at the moment. Low population at about 50-60 players online, but my biggest problem that I've seen so far is prices for things being pretty high and cash shop tokens being spellable for zenny. Seems like zenny is nearly worthless to the cash shop currency.

The positive things about it so far have been that it has free warps from npc's in town (no command warp to map) and stat/skill resets are at a set price of like 10k or so.

Absolutely fucking cancer

@mainoff
Problem solved.

Then that is a problem. A good RO server has zeny as a viable means of obtaining gear and materials if your grinding luck is bad.

I'd say it is a deal breaker as well, but then I saw some one selling the cash shop currency for like 88k in a shop and they had 8888 units for sale. So clearly the server is pretty inflated with the stuff, so it's not too hard to come by. Still, I'd agree its not a good thing.

What this nigger said, GW1 remains as one of the most balanced MMO's and the only one with PvP that isn't dumb shit nobody would ever want to play. GW2 is technically dead in comparison because all it has left are cash shop whales that do nothing but sit around and RP because there's literally nothing else to do, even with the new expansion that rolled out.

HeRO certainly wasn't a bad server, but just acceptable instead of great.
They had a lot of basic things I want to see in a server like a teleport system that wasn't a game-ruining feature, banning/restricted botting/multi-client/boxing, no egregious cash-shop, and a lack of Renewal-tier quest lines or leveling geardump.

We're just trying to see if there's a server out there without any red flags that might be a little healthier without sacrificing any of the basics and missing out on a pre-renewal RO experience; but even if we do return to HeRO this summer, we've at least got a leg up on the grind this time.

People seem to seriously underestimate just how much Guild Wars got away with in terms of experimenting with design choices and making risky changes to the formula in the era of WoW-Killers.

Its one of the reasons I suggest a new server so that we can avoid that situation. When no one has any zeny, then its worth something. Again there are downsides to it…

I remember playing the CBT or OBT of GW2 so long ago, sucks that its such a shit game.

I really don't feel like HeRO would be good, at the same time it did have some nice features that we should look for.

Arenanet was bought out by the hong kong jew and one of the lead designers for the 2nd game was some bitch who never participated in or even played the first. In fact all she ever did before that was make shitty mobile games, the warning signs were all there, I should've known to abandon it before release and avoid experiencing disappointment on the scale I did.

Merchant was pretty rough, really. I might of been doing it wrong, but even with referencing guides and decent gear it was slow going.

That sounds absolutely horrifying. What is it with game companies thinking that they can pander to casuals and be successful.

heRO: Solid hardware/core and very nice new player friendly features, like no party xp penalty. Full dex/luk crafter? Who cares, come leech.

On the other hand, the most efficient way of gearing up is farming zeny to buy items from the addicts with years of nonstop playing under their belts. We tried farming Moonlight Flower and I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen it alive. All the MVPs there are on timer farm by decked out, decade old asura champions. The natives are turbo autismos: You all merely adopted the spaghetti. They were born in it, molded by it.
(And Rolo, you are such a nigger for getting BGs nerfed)

Don't have much to say on the rates, even if trying to get cards was an exercise in futility. It's RO, comes with the territory. No point commenting on the player count, all the servers I've seen are barely hanging on. I wish the RO server scene was healthier. Siromas

I've done merchants countless times over the years. Its not that hard, just requires patience. This is why you level in parties, otherwise its horribly slow going.

Why did we ever choose Siromas again instead of just party leveling?

Mostly because of the 2x XP event. We messed about in ID3/CT HO and Majoruros but they weren't all that amazing to justify having to pay attention. Mistakes were made.

I think it was because we lacked priests?

The map has gotten bigger than it was when that chart was made, it now reaches the Black Gate and Mordor is coming soon, also Big Battles are fun.

It's always been way bigger than that even when that image was made. I don't know if Turbine was behind this or if it was a holdover from Middle Earth Online but there's gigantic swathes of unused land basically everywhere the map indicates there is land, whether or not it's actually a zone or just the space between them etc. It's surprisingly filled in/exactly accurate to the various coastlines/mountains/etc you see on the in-game map. It wouldn't surprise me if it was actually as big as Daggerfall all together.

There is a map plugin called Terrain Map that lets you view the entire map in (((Google))) Earth fashion like when the old MyLotro site was still around and integrated with the game itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_z1wwZSRA
youtube.com/watch?v=1Mc_nO-uLSU
ucgoserver.com
universal century gundam online
currently low number of players but mostly full functionality.
its possible to have federation vs zeon 500 vs 500 pvp battles over a 1:1 scale open world map of australia and space battles too.
we just need enough players to start playing again.

Yeah I know about that, that is/was cool but it was better to see in-game in person before Turbine sperged and No Man's Landed everything.

Gonna throw it out that there the search continues to reunite the great clan. We shall save Elly together.

SWTOR was clunky as fuck because it was made in the Hero engine. TOTAL sack of shit that some company tried to push as the "next big MMO engine". Shit was like sub-Unity tier bad. Shit made Gamebryo look good.

Wasn't that engine from 1994 or some shit?

There's a battlestar galactica mmo. Never played it so i don't know if it's any good or not

All this talk about AO made me use my remaining GRACE to resub my opifixer for month. Cities are still sorta alive and the casual guild I was in is still alive but it's pretty obvious Fuckcom switched to full maintenance mode now. I guess I'll finish the grind to 220 and hang around terminals to give people fgrid I guess.
It was still such a fucking good game for MMO.

How much does a GRACE go for ingame nowadays? Might buy a month and just farm the shekels for GRACE for the following months.

3,5-3,8m
Certainly more expensive than I remember.

That can't be right. 3,5m is low as fuck, 3,5b would be way too high. Do you mean 350?

Well, picrelated is pretty much chinese not-Aion\WoW with considerably fucked up translation.
This NPC slides around in such stance.

My bad, it IS billions.

What the FUCK? I remember when GRACE came out it was like 300m.

Anyone else like this?

Economy is completely fucked. Fucking GA4 is close to one bil on market, higher quality grinding gear like blinded blackbird is around 50m. Alien stuff is in the realm of "not gonna afford this" or "not on market ever".

I don't care for tab-targeting anymore, but that's not the only problem with MMOs so even the "action" MMOs feel boring because most of the time it's still an on-rails carebear-fest that won't let you do anything fun because babbies on the forums would complain about "toxic" griefers and gankers and how they should be allowed to "opt out" of PvP and be left alone to mindlessly do their quests or grind in silence.

I fucking hate these faggots. They have almost every fucking MMO out there for themselves to be boring asswipes in, but it's never enough. Nooo, every time a new game comes out that allows you to PK and do PvP world wide or even has the slightest sense of "danger" that doesn't come from braindead NPCs they are on it like flies on shit.

They're the absolute fucking worst and the reason why MMOs are not and can not be fun as long as devs and publishers keep listening to these jello-spined, thin skinned, limp-wristed, dickless herbivores. God I hate them.

I don't even need to install it to be able to tell it's WoW-inspired trash.

No one cares about PvP other than try hards who probably got molested as a fetus and now venting that matriarchal rage upon new toons.

Y'know, I always said I'd sell my pioneer backpack and AI armor and buy a lot of GRACE on the last year of the game, but I really can't bring myself to get rid of it. I've had it this long.

What you're looking at is arguably retarded ganker culture instead of non-autistic BR pvp. And in this way he's hoping that essentially the murder-rape pillage hordes will be more generous than kill on sight workings and will actually make the community or game more enjoyable by that factor of player driven banditry. But that doesn't happen because games never put an incentive to ask for "pay us or die" they just kill them, unless the other person is likely to take out a few of the others before he drops, or they're in a secured area with guards ready to murder law breakers or some shit. An example of a game that's done this right would probably be SS13, and that's not an MMO.

Neck yourself

Pretty much this, I get bored with PvP when there is no purpose to it, and get especially bored if it's just mindless killing for the sake of killing. If I want to go around killing people for fun I'd pick a much better game to do it in, like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament. If MMO's ever offer a real incentive to do PvP outside of mindless ganking I'd be all over that shit, but if not I'm just going to PvP in something that requires skill and offers a real challenge.

The easiest way to do it that MMORPG's keep saying they're going to do is essentially just do lootable high-content trade routes, so you get bandits trying to grab your shit and you hire players from some guild to guard you for a cut of your profits. Wow, suddenly you've got a functional grass-roots economy with reasons to exist and incentive to work within itself and with other players, to kill other players or otherwise. How fucking difficult.

Why the fuck doesn't anybody do this, it's not even hard. ==FUCKING MABINOGI DID THIS AND IT WASN'T EVEN PVP, IT WAS JUST AGAINST RANDOMLY SPAWNING BANDIT MOBS SO PLAYERS HAD TO CART TOGETHER AT THE START==

newfags can't redtext also

Because MMO's are generally just Single Player games with other people running around to annoy you these days.

stop talking, you're making me sad

When you are nothing but feels, then you have my permission to cry.

Test yourself.
SO YOU CAN REDTEXT
but can you
ULTRA REDTEXT!?

Dofus. At the very least the gameplay is good unlike 99% of MMOs. On the other hand it's turn based tactical shit so it doesn't click with most people.
There is still a lot of people playing and there will be a server merge soon.

t. carebear crybaby who needs his safespace

Nigger please, it doesn't matter how it's done, the fags I'm complaining about will still find reason to piss and moan about how unfair it is. You see them fucking every where these days and developers are listening to them.

Isn't that the reason they make non-pvp servers anyway? The problem isn't that the game is tailored to them it's just that MMOs are always made by shit devs who can't design anything properly.

The age of the MMORPG has long since gone and its core gameplay is now a relic of the past maintained only by select few individuals that protect private servers. MMOs used to be about what you did as a character, it was defined by the time and effort you put into it and people had ways of recognizing it. By mastering your character you essentially became an integral part of the game.

Now because of primarily Gen Y entitlement shitlords the aspect of all MMOs has to change or the large ones will surely be exhausted of revenue. Now everything is literally handed to you. Most MMOs now also offer ways to skip forward for a small fee, goy and skip learning about the world and what your character does. I've seen playthroughs of parts of WoW Legion for example. EVERY character is given a quest that makes them the "class hall" leader. EVERYONE is running around with a rare, mythic artifact (that there's only supposed to be one of). Because EVERYONE has to be the leader.

It no longer is about the principles of exploring and immersion it is about flashy imagery and being the best straight from the get-go. Which is why I started gravitating towards /tg/ related things for social

Farming your tears is pretty much the single most entertaining thing in an MMO. It doesn't have to be PvP that milks them out of you, but as you're demonstrating here - PvP is a good way to get it done.

It's the chosen one bullshit at work, it's basically in every genre it could feasibly fit in at this point. You're never just some guy nowadays.

Its because getting killed by another player is a massive threat to most youth's extreme/advanced levels of unhealthy narcissism that they have to sit back and understand they're not the best in something (or just not the best yet).

Most Gen Y/Z kids bit of myself included would rather drop a project then complete it and get second place. Kind of shit really.

Chosen one? Let me play with a group of random murderhobos and take out the chosen one.

I just miss everyone being basically an above average citizen in a large world and gaining any extra status through in-game successes or exceptionally difficult/time consuming content. If you graduate into hot shot territory over the years you play, it just feels less retarded.

I do think there's a way to do something like 'players are demigods' and the like but the theme of the world must match and fit that. Arguably it is much, much more fun to be the skilled regular guy rather than the overpowered god of death and edge.

An example that I actually thought was alright was RIFT's method of handling player characters, where you're either all minor immortal beings in service to deities or technological reproductions thereof. It was further interesting because you also were a soulless vessel essentially that was being filled with that of dead heroes/their abilities.

It was so much better in SWG when you were just a bunch of Mercenary Number 3456 or Moisture Farmer/Droid Mechanic 452.

I hate this CHOSEN STAR CHILD BORN TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE WITH HIS COCK shit.

SWG also had that whole original Jedi system, so best of both worlds really.