Vita 2.0 and other non-Switch handheld discussion

archive.is/I6lLs

I sincerely hope that Sony is going to take another crack at a handheld. Or anybody, for that matter, because Nintendo holding a monopoly on the non-phone handheld gaming console market is not something I want to see any time soon.

The Vita is a great handheld, but it's also packed with a load of features that most people didn't need or care for at the time. The touch screen is barely used in many games, much less the touch screen on the back, and the 3G functionality became obsolete before it even hit the shelves. First-run models (like mine) even have a completely unused port on the console (many speculate it was going to be a video out prior to Vita TV). All of these needless additions and, of course, the expensive memory cards to boot just made it a hard choice for consumers.

I really hope that Sony sticks to the basics and makes a competent handheld with two thumbsticks, 8 buttons (4 face buttons, 4 shoulder buttons) and at most a touchscreen as an additional feature. If they can just manage to reign in their "creativity" for this next unit, I have extremely high hopes for it.

What about you, Holla Forums? I know you tend to hate anything that isn't related to politics or Nintendo, but I think this is worth talking about.

Other urls found in this thread:

thenextweb.com/apps/2017/04/03/android-windows-internet-usage/
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Play,_Doujin!
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The switch isn't a handheld you moron, it's a home console with mobile capabilities. Get educated

ishyddtg

Splitting hairs.

pls no, my stocks… my stocks can't survive another hit of this magnitude

What's a handheld then, user?
If you don't mind me asking of course

lmfao kid

The vita is a great handheld IN THEORY

I'm not even a sonygger like big part of this thread is going to be but jesus fuck just fucking get out of this thread, preferrably this board you nintencuck.

Except for that ass-touchpad gimmick, complete lack of games and sony's usual buttfuckery like the memory cards. It's better than the switch and it's better than the 3DS. But that's like saying someone is the smartest in a retard class.

I think it could've maybe been interesting, but on hardware that's been abandoned as hard as the vita it had no chance to go anywhere

I truly hope the vita and switch dont kill the future of handhelds

I like my vita and it has plenty of games but fuck Sony doesn't give a shit about it, i do hope they make another handheld and put more effort into it.

Also nintendo needs a dedicated handheld, there is no reason for the switch to he the only system for them

I much prefer handheld gaming over consoles

Honestly, any adult who still has brand loyalty to any currently active video game console developers is blind.

I get that a lot of users here are literally children because that's just how the internet works, but I'm not trying to appeal to them or their sensibilities.

Also, the Vita has a lot of games but they're very niche and only somebody who can enjoy either those niche genres or a broader selection of video games in general is going to enjoy the library – i.e. only a tiny handful of people here. Despite being a board for video games in general, time has shown that most people here have strictly mainstream tastes and only like FPS, AAA games, Action-oriented console games, and the occasional ASSFAGGOT or Atlus RPG.

Handhelds have had a very bleak future since the moment phones started supporting Java-based games. Now with smartphones and 3 very large dedicated storefronts catering to them, you just aren't going to see the same kind of draw to handhelds as you were able to before.

And what does a handheld have over a phone, really, when it comes to games? Better graphics, more comfortable grip, more precise control certainly; but does the average consumer really care about that? If you're selling a handheld, it's going to be targeted primarily at "gamers" and they've shown they lack interest in handhelds as well.

A niche market within a niche market, it's just not a healthy environment for a product right now. The only reason I can imagine Sony even trying a new handheld is to compete with the Switch.

We're not that far gone yet.

Control is reason enough. Touchscreens are garbage for most types of games. Yes you can get add-on controllers for phones but they're poorly supported and generally crap.

No, most people here are casuals because they only like heavily marketed Japanese games while pretending to have some semblance of taste and ignoring everything else.

Also, your 300 dungeon crawlers are trash, sorry lad the Vita is only good for emulation so I can play Symphony of the Night at ease.

The Switch is not a handheld

you're fucking retarded

What an argument, you sure showed me.
Tell me more about how this hybrid of a tablet console is strictly a handheld via ad hominem alone.

I'm still confused why even going forward people are shitting themselves getting mad over the Switch, there are times I've wanted to take my console games with me and there are times when I want to play games limited to a small screen on a big screen, the Switch finally lets me do that with a single purchase, and I think that's great, no I don't think that's great, I think that's fucking excellent and better than anything the other systems offer.

Too bad, you mentioned Switch, other people are going to talk about it now. I don't care if people think that the Switch is not a handheld, it has the functionality of a handheld and it's battery life is comparable to other handhelds which has been shit for well over a decade.

Its not even close to other handhelds

It's a handheld you massive fucking faggot.

So since I can use my 3DS in my house that means it's not a handheld?

What's the fucking difference

Look at this fucking shill
Look at him and laugh

You can lay it on a surface and play it from there.

Meaning, you don't have to hold it, meaning that its not strictly a fucking handheld.

You can.
But you don't have to.

You can lay down your 3DS down and play it like that, as a matter of fact that's the preferred way of playing Kid Icarus if I'm not mistaken.

It's a handheld.

Switch: 2.5 - 5 hours
Vita 3-5 hours
PSP 4-6 hours
3ds 3-5 hours

Battery life has been a joke for years and a few revisions get nicer battery life, so sure the Switch's battery life sucks but it's comparable.

The handheld gaming is a primary feature, even if it's not the only way to use it.

Can't you cucks just agree that it's a hybrid?

Like every other handheld, yes

What about a handheld with a phone added in?

Does the 3ds come with a way to play it on a tv out of the box? does any other system have this functionality? No, no they don't, at least not without the purchase of extra hardware, Switch is a Hybrid, arguing over the semantics is fucking retarded.

Oh come on, don't beg like that, it's pathetic. Yes it's a hybrid but primarily advertised as a portable. I personally am not getting one until I see more games, the initial hardware issues are sorted, and some hacks come out. Even then I think it's a little big compared to my Vita.

No thanks.

The Vita does
So does the PSP

Stop fucking posting and go be retarded somewhere else.

Not the only feature
Not a handheld, rather, a hybrid
Just because you can personally use it as handheld doesn't make it a handheld.

I can personally make my phone an emulation machine, but that does not make the phone an emulation machine.

Its a shitty tablet with a gamepad, not a handheld.

We're reaching critical levels of not argument

Eat a dick, you retards are arguing over stupid sematics when just referring to it as a hybrid is adequate since that's what it's advertized as and that's what it does.

I don't care if you're getting one or not, but at least argue over something less retarded than the semantics of handheld/home console, and it's advertised as a hybrid.

What, I never noticed, was this on all models, I thought they were built to be played wirelessly via PS3?

Nonetheless if the cable isn't included it doesn't count towards hybrid technically you can stream a 3ds to a tv, or play gameboy on a tv, with that super boy cart or that GC gameboy player.

only on the 2000 and 3000 models, i believe. PSPGO is a joke and 1000 doesn't.

From what I remember the port could be used to be played on a TV, however sony never released the gadget for it.

People got it working through reverse engineering.

The PSP and Vita can,even the Sega Nomad and the game gear could, just because nintendo's handhelds lacked features doesn't make them special when they eventually add them to their handhelds.

Jesus H Christ. The Switch is marketed and clearly designed for handholding.

The Vita doesn't. The PSTV does but that thing is literally a Vita turned into a console, the worst of both worlds.

The fact of the matter is that because it's portable, it had to sacrifice power, so there's no way I'd get one as a TV-based console, even if that's something you can do with it.

It does when it's done right for the first fucking time.

Are you actually serious my dude or are you pretending to be retarded?

Great, than why does your opinion of the Switch get to be the deciding factor as to why it's a handheld. no, it's a hybrid, and that's all you need to refer to it as.

None of them did it as well and none of them did it out of the box., you had to buy additional content just to use it in this form, the additional functionality is good but the Switch does a better job.

Switch doesn't have a game come in the box either, would you say that the Switch also fails at playing games?

And It's still done better, you don't have to fiddle around with a keyed cable to plug the fugger in, it has a detachable controller, and the system comes with all the things you need to achieve this, it's still done better, and I'm still right, and you're still wrong.

Hey stop doing that.

Calling it as I see it. It can't be a good console because it's portable.

I mean sure, you can think that. I think that as a system it's greater than the sum of it's parts, and in a year or two that will be self evident.

It's a home console. I play it on my TV.
I CAN take it offf it's dock if I want, and I often do it, but it's a home console.

Wow instead of spending 5 seconds plugging in a cable I instead spend 5 seconds carefully sliding into a shitty charger stand to avoid scratching the screen.
But comes with no games, the vita comes with games, Vita confirmed for playing games better then the switch I guess then.
Except you've done nothing to prove it is, it's the exact same but with being forced to Nintendo's in house hardware for controller and adapter options.

It's a handheld. I play it on the bus.
I CAN attach it to the dock if I want, I often do, but it's a handheld.

You can stop being stupid any time now.
Handhelds can't be played on a TV. The switch can.
It's a home console

They could have saved so much fucking money by not having two capacative touchscreens, it doesn't need any and could of been sold for $70 to $80 less and retained the same profit margin.

As proved earlier in the thread. PSP, Nomad and Game Gear could be played on TV.
So, you know, feel free to stop being fucking retarded whenever you want.

The dock is an afterthought, the Switch is a handheld.

The Switch still does it better you tard

doesn't happen, telling you now

I know that you can use DS3/4 for Vita, but that's yet again an additional extra you can buy,

It may as well come with a free shot of aids.

Switch is still doing it better.

thats not the switch

It's a home console

It's a handheld with a dock, it's nothing new and nothing that redefines it.

You can dock a phone and use it as a computer, but that doesn't make it a hybrid. You'd be better off buying an actual laptop if you need usability and performance.

You can also dock a laptop and have it run as an actual PC, that also doesn't make it a hybrid.

I wonder how many actual home consoles I can just undock and play far away from a tv and power source.

Gee, glad my PSP did it first at this point then

Nonproprietery memory or gtfo.
Vita is a hunk of shit with its 4mb/s memory
And you can only get a very small taste of not shit memory with the flash memory on the ones with worse screens.

Nintendo faggots in charge of not knowing console history past bloody Nintendo.
Fuck console fanboy ism in general, jerking off systems for innovation they didn't do is retarded

A Shield or Razor edge come with all the fancy switch shit but also let you do it at a higher res while they're at it, and they're both fucking glorified tablets 2, switch isn't even the 2nd to do this idea.

those 2 shitty girls wouldn't be better than switchdog even if they had huge futa cocks.

what are you gay?

I've been waiting for both Sony and Nintendo to get their heads out of their asses and deliver a handheld with a sensible design, contemporary multimedia capabilities, a sizeable backlog of games (e.g. via backwards compatibility), without retarded (non-)features like region lock, and with muh 2hu.
Since neither delivered, I'm just waiting warmly for my GPD Win now.

Still hard to believe that Nintendo decided not to port the WiiU games nobody bought to the Switch to give it a good launch library.

I would've bought that shit in two seconds if it had the WiiU exclusives on it

Yo so close to have been in a world with Portable Bayonetta 1 and 2, be pretty rad. Do it nintendo.

Is there even a chance of a new Sony handheld after the fuckup the Vita was?

Video Games are the only thing that makes them money, I could see them try again.

I respect your right to have a shit taste and opinion

If they're prepared to get their act together and learn there's no reason why they shouldn't try. Nintendo are doing it with the Switch after the WiiU was such a lame duck.

Cute pictures like that are fine.

Fixed that for ya.
In any case, they have their heads too far up their own asses to come up with something people would actually want. They keep clinging to those ridiculously expensive memcards as well.

I find it hard to believe that if they had the balls to actually take another shot at handheld that it'd be able to compete with the Nintendo handhelds. At this point Sony is so far behind and the 3DS is basically the go-to handheld if you want something like that.

If I were them I'd make it as feature light as possible, no touchscreen or other nonsense that no one bothers to utilize, focus on having a reasonable design that feels good in the hands and blow the rest of the money on marketing and actually having fucking games.

Not sure the Vita is as big a fuckup in Japan as it it in the West, though I have the feeling that Tecmo Koei (and those guys developing those Wizardry-likes) is single-handedly keeping the market alive.
Whether there's going to be a new one - it just now got serious competition in the sense that developers and franchises that use(d) to deploy (or be deployed) to Sony's handhelds are looking to port their games to the Switch, like Nippon Ichi with D5, threatening the Vita's niche. And, I can't prove it of course, but anecdotally, niche markets tend to be pretty persistent, so I doubt Sony's giving up their part of the pie so willingly.

Which is what I'm seriously questioning. Nintendo aren't much better, but they're swimming in enough money that they apparently could afford to take the blows of abandoning the WiiU and try again.

That's pretty interesting, and basically a death blow for Sony, if they do manage to snatch NIS away. Unless a handful of studios with brand new IPs, which can go toe-to-toe with the big Nintendo IPs, suddenly fall out of the sky they really want to hold on to them if they want even a chance at another handheld.

OwO

I bet you also think Wizardry is a Japanese franchise.

i want to use her like a living onahole

A handheld has games.

The Vita doesn't

I don't think Sony will. Handhelds are dying and I really think that something like the Switch that's larger, more powerful, and doubles as a home console is the only way forward. Smartphones have taken sales from most of the handheld market (including pretty much all the casual users) and the 3DS and Vita combined have so far failed to see better sales than the GBA in the same amount of time (this is especially bad because the GBA was already competing with the PSP and NDS after only 3.5 years and the Vita/3DS have been out for about 6 years without other handhelds to compete with). The only real advantages handhelds that don't try to give a full home console experience have over smartphones is game curation and having a built in game pad instead of requiring one to be attached separately. If a company was to solve the curation problem on smartphones, then that would probably be the final nail in the coffin for handhelds short of something like the Switch. We're just going to continue on this path where bland touch screen slabs that all look more or less the same replace every interesting portable device.

Which is why it's not a handheld. It's trash.

should i have said "it"?

The taller switch dog gets the more disconcerting it looks to me. eegch.

i like it either way, however, onahole size is best size, after all thats the only thing its good for.

You have problems

Vita failed because Nintendo dropped the price of the 3DS as soon as they saw the Vita price-matched the 3DS on launch.

Sony tried and failed 3 times (when including the PS phone). It should just cut its losses and not try again. The company is bleeding money on every side of it except Playstation, and the PS4, while not a business failure, is a piece of garbage. Sony was just lucky MS is retarded, and Nintendo takes two steps back for each step forward it takes.

Vita failed because it had, and arguably still has, no games.

Oh, it had plenty of games. They were just all throwaway weeb shit. Turns out that Americans aren't as pathetic as NEET Nips who buy things based on how little clothing 8 year old girls are wearing, ain't that some shit. I believe the words you were looking for is "Vita has no games with even a semblance of substance."

nyes

I was under the impression that not even the japs bought this shit, and the only reason they bought the PSP was monster hunter.

If it's worse in the game department,what is even the fucking point of it besides cracking it and using it as a homebrew machine?

This user speaks the truth

This is retarded.

If you call the Switch a home console it's an underpowered piece of FUCKING TRASH.

It's a tablet with HDMI out.

Does one have smaller breasts because of communication failure?

I'll take your bait neogaf/goon-kun

Turns out that americans have no taste

Seriously though, a lot of those are anime trash that are really hard to like.

Touhou games have been ported to the Vita?

blame your shit taste actually

For not liking shitty anime?
Projecting much?

You're missing these

Okay kid. You don't need me to tell you that your games are shit, since nobody else bought them either.

You need to go back.

pretty much, even as a tablet it's underpowered. I just hope they continue this software output.

Oh come on most people are normalfags that play what their normalfag friends play.

Ar nosurge was my GOTY2015 but if you have any hope left in participating in society I can see why someone wouldn't want to play it.

As much as I love the Vita, I knew it would be the last Sony handheld when it bombed so hard in the west. I had hoped Japan would keep it alive, like what happened to the PSP, but the PS4 seems to be taking pretty much every game the Vita gets. I remember someone from Sony even saying they have no plans for a successor to the Vita, so handheld gaming is indeed going to go back to the dark times of Nintendo monopoly.

How would things turn out if the Vita didn't bomb in the west? Would it be as pure?
Would it have tons of pozzed western faggotry?

Smartphones happened.

Nintendo is the last one standing and EVEN THEY are forced to make the Switch a weird hybrid cross.

The market for people willing to shell $€300 for a handheld device is pretty slim when most of us are already carrying around expensive phones that can do everything.

thenextweb.com/apps/2017/04/03/android-windows-internet-usage/

The only thing that Nintendo has learned is to drop region blocking.

PSP Go is a home console then.

One step forward, three steps back. Tis the Nintendo way.

Except mobile "games" are trash.

So are touch screen keyboards, but that didn't stop them from almost entirely replacing physical keyboards. Now only company that makes smartphones with physical keyboards is Blackberry, and they haven't been doing well for a while.

Even an anonymous rumor from a guy whose uncle totally works at Sony has as much likelihood of predicting an actual product.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony tries to make a gaming tablet, or even gives it docking support to make it basically a better, more powerful Switch in theory. But they will never be able to compete with the Switch because they won't throw their entire weight behind it like Nintendo is doing. It would totally get sidelined by the PS4, and with the niche weeb game industry starting to move to the Switch, it would not even have the fanbase that the Vita enjoys.

I'd welcome Sony to try anyway just to keep the pressure on Nintendo.

Considering that D5 on the switch sold like ass I wouldn't call it a death blow by any stretch. This sin't the first time either, the DS had it's own Ys port and a disgaea remake its just that they won't sell/

My fear was that the Switch would steal the weeb developers. For example Atlus with a main SMT, little bit pissed that the Deep Strange Journeys is being made for the 3ds. Anyone know if 3ds games will get ported to Switch?

The weeb fanbase is going to be dominated by Nintendo now.

I highly doubt they'll ever get back into the handheld market again. Sony should probably consider competing with Steam,etc. in the pc market. There's a lot more money to made there and the handheld market is going to be completely swallowed up by mobile in the not too distant future. Mobile has already taken a majority of handheld's slice, and I don't see them stopping anytime soon.

Hope that they jump to pc or stick to home consoles then. The smaller devs will more than likely go for the Switch or pc now that the vita is gone. I say gone as in part of the last generation. The current generation is the switch, which also means there will more than likely be no true handheld successor to the 3ds.

Yes, but they make a lot of money.

SJWs would have been trying to pozz it like they are to all games in general. Because it isn't popular, it isn't on their radars and it is allowed to do as it pleases for the most part.

On a separate note, sites like Neogaf were pure cancer to the vita. There was so much stupid shit that went into its design that Sony should have been called out on early like the back touchscreen and no r2/l2. The 3g support was retarded as well, because the plans were very expensive and worthless. The only thing I could see Sony doing is released a vita "pro" where they just upgrade it and make it both easier to use and more comfortable to hold (second shoulder pads).

All that shit about websites is backwards. No console maker or PC parts maker actually cares about SJW virtue signalling. Nobody gets to sit at the table with Apple and tells them what to make and at what price point, and how "diverse" the chinese workforce has to be.

I sold my stocks awhile in October, which is great because they tanked shortly afterwards which allowed me to buy more of them at a cheap price.
They're back up again. Sell soon if you're worried, then buy them back when they're low.

Megaten alone does not a weeb machine make. When companies like Gust, Compile Heart, or Experience, Inc. start making Switch games, then we can safely say Nintendo will dominate the weeb market. Given Nintendo's track record of poor treatment of third parties, I doubt this will happen.

Highly unlikely for the same reason as above. Nintendo treated third parties like shit for a long time, and Japanese companies have long memories. That's pretty much the only reason the Playstation brand is still alive.

So have they announced anything in the Japanese media Gust, Compile Heart, or Experience, Inc.
When I was in Japan in October last year Sony was demoing VR at the Shinagawa railways station to pretty big audience

Sony doesn't care about a platform that doesn't have shit tons of fangoyim buying it before it actually gets games.

None of those companies have announced anything for the Switch. The only real weeb announcement lately is Earth Defense Force 5 and it's PS4 only for now.

If they were to do it, I'd be sitting there wondering what they would tone down to get it to run on the thing.

Those two are from Re:Zero, and for some reason one of them is flatter.

Not the mainline series ones. It's this weird arrangement.

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Play,_Doujin!

Except play games. Seriously the controls on phones are garbage for most games.

They allow more to be crammed into the phone if you've only got a touchscreen as input and are likely cheaper = more profit. It's not because they're better keyboards though. Same reason shitty keyswitches ousted godly mechanical ones.

Just get a 3DS. Then you have something super-hackable for DS games too.

No, Japan bought it, and pretty much ONLY Japan.

Still has a market there, and weebs here.

Just got Steins Gate for it from PSN.

I would honestly rather Sony NOT take another crack at handhelds so some other more competent company could fill the niche instead

MODS MODS MODS

Like who? Microsoft? Nobody else has both the hardware design experience and the decades of connections with developers necessary to make a console with a library worth buying for. Best thing you're gonna see from anyone else is some Android shit with nogaems.

The Vita needed some more reworking. Remove the touchscreen, add proper L2/R2 buttons, make the thumbsticks clickable, and then you would have a portable PS2 that's slightly more powerful. It's a shame. The Vita had so much potential. Admit it, you would buy it, even if most of the games would be PS2 ports and VNs.

The touchscreen is fine, it's the rear touchpad that needs to be removed.

I'd buy it if it was currently 3ds/psp tier cracked and didnt jew people on memory cards.

Both could be removed to add the L2/R2 buttons and thumbsticks because having all of those would be too much.
(checked)
I heard that the larger memory cards are starting to crap out, so somebody needs to start making some decently priced memory cards that don't die in two or so years.

Keep the touchscreen, it's perfect for my lewd rubbing games and interacting with the UI and keyboard. Also don't forget to make it use standard SD cards.

Honestly all I want out of the hacks is to work with newer games. Vita is far better for emulation than the 3DS.

Also oh god it'd be lottery-winning if MS managed to do a decent handheld given their track record has Windows Phone, and the Zune.

You niggers never cease to amaze. Is reality too westernized for you too, weeb trash?

And the xbox, and windows.
I still don't know how microsoft rose to success.

I always have problems navigating the home menu because I have to clean the screen almost every time I play it.
I heard that Vita screens are starting to die. Colors are fading out, beginning with blue. I'm getting a bit worried the Vita will die a true death soon.

It's not pretty, but you can navigate the menus with the dpad.

Windows phone and Zune do have great UIs compared to their counterparts.

I don't think he means the touch screen is dying.

I know, I'm talking about him being able to navigate the Vita UI without getting cheeto dust on the screen.

I've heard rumors about how OLED screens die in two weeks since before the Vita's launch. Outside of a handful of examples of colossal hardware failure, I haven't seen any evidence of this happening. The Vita's battery is probably the real limiting factor. It'll probably be insanely hard to find replacements when the batteries in people's Vitas start nearing the end of their lives because third parties aren't going to want to bother selling batteries for a legacy console that didn't sell well. This is one of extremely few reasons to bother with a Vita TV.

I believe it's sweat,I sweat easily from the hands, even when I play with no stress.

Same here, I was just making fun of for not having reading comprehension.

Both Zune and Windows Phone were actually very good taken in isolation, they were just too little and too late to stand up to their competition. The original Zune came out the year before the fucking iPhone, they were chasing after a market that was about to disappear. But that was then; I don't really trust the Microsoft of today to do a good job with a mobile OS again.

sauce

Woops, skimmed right over that part. I should go to sleep.

i'd shove my dick so far into that pogeys mouth she'd shit cum for a week

THIS
The thing is that the vita has no variety.
i am not saying to not make weebtrash "games" as there's clearly a market for that, but you have to think about everybody else, of course they won't give a fuck if you don't give them western-oriented titles.
Add to that the fact that sony is incompetent, didn't bother to properly hype the console and didn't have a proper quality control (most vita ports look and play like shit)

So, apart from few titles you are basically proving him right.

Exactly

Dragon's Crown was actually great, and as far as i know, was a critical and commercial success.
FFXHD and MGScollection are ports of games that many people alredy played, so of course aren't going to sell consoles.

The projection is hard on this one.

Ofcourse but for most people games on the go are just time killers. Even many people who do have a Vita don't consider it their main gaming system.

There's a market for high end dedicated handhelds but it is shrinking.

Specially considering that from the day they were born handhelds had weaker hardware than phones.

Stopped reading there, OP. Quit using words wrong, you fucking retard. Having a large market share =/= a monopoly. A monopoly is when an entity is the only producer of a product or service due to that entity owning every part of the process that exists to create that product or service.

my Vita is getting repaired as we speak and I'm looking forward to being able to play best handheld again.

I bought a New3DS when it came out and a flashcart but none of the games really keep me hooked as much as the vita did.

the most I played are Animal Crossing and Mario 3D land which I 100%d in a couple days. I originally got it for Persona Q but I dont like RPGs and now I absolutely despise Dungeon exploring RPGs because of PQ. I also was a huge fan of Monster Hunter on PSP, but 240p monster hunter on 3DS is awful. I appreciate the 60fps, but the low resolution and dem jaggies just ruined the whole thing for me.

There is no projecting when an entire argument is based on "it's only weebshit if it's something I dont like it (aka something not approved by my normalfags community)"

I can understand people having different tastes, but I can also spot shitposting and baits when I see them

especially that the argument on this case is being able to play whenever and wherever you want

The average consumer doesn't really care. Also, for some games, touch screens are better (For example, on a few fighting games, I have an easier time pulling off moves on my phone than I do using a Dualshock).

Didn't Sony already try that? But, then again, didn't they also fail miserably because they limited it to one phone carrier and didn't bother to market it?

Sony did, eventually, release the cables to do so, but the screen takes up about 50% of your television screen. So, of course, it sucks. But, there were third-party devices that did fix that.

Required an add-on
TV to handheld
That was the Nomad, or are you talking about the Brazillian device they currently sell (With "40+" games)?
Need to buy device/cables separate
Essentially purchasing another Vita with a quarter of the library locked-away
It is capable, but that's all I know. Don't know if it was included in the box or a separate purchase.
There is no plug on the device for your TV.
There was only a test unit, nothing official, and never shown to the public. Also, it was for the regular NGP.
Didn't that device suck until SNK released a firmware update? But, yes, you do deserve a point for this one.
Same position as the Vita TV.
What happens if you made the Switch's docking station a separate purchase.

How is that a step forward? All of Nintendo's handhelds, until the DSi, were all region free (And, that's excluding the simply mods such as removing the N64's dust cover to play foreign title).

So, the Vita will be this generation's Dreamcast (Only weebs care about, and release games for, it after the company discontinues the device)?

They pretty much did the reverse of what Sega failed at (Everything beginning with the Saturn), and improved upon everything that Sega succeeded at (The Dreamcast). Also, if you get a foothold on the Western market, you will never die (A concept Japanese companies fail to understand when trying to create "mass appeal").
>Bonus history: Prior to being bought out buy Sammy, numerous Sega employees thought and/or pleaded for the company to be bought by Microsoft as far back as when they were developing the Saturn. Their reason for these thoughts and requests is because the employees wanted to create games, not hardware.

From what I hear, MS is due to take another crack at the mobile market sometime within the year.

It's bothering me that Silent Hill Origins is not in the PSP section on your Vita.

It's whatever is convenient at the time.
MOST EXPENSIVE HANDHELD
WEAKEST HOME CONSOLE
Really, it's a hybrid with no games, but some slight potential.

because I switched FFIX with SH0 so that the 2 silent hills are together

also thats not even the final list of games I had when it broke. I didnt PLAN on breaking the vita.

Vita has some fan-fucking-tastic games.

inb4 "ports lol," Leifdrasir is a SERIOUS upgrade in every way from the original and is the de facto best version of the game.

i want to fuck that rabbit

And Persona 4 Golden shits on the original too, your point? Having upgraded ports doesn't make your console sell, as the Vita proved tremendously.

the original was already shit anyway

And that's why I have it on PS4, and I also don't mislead people into believing the vita has real exclusives instead of just games that are multiplat ports also on the PS4.

Has anyone else noticed that ps4 and vitafags have taken to pretending they have games?

How can you say this when Mark and most of Holla Forums still post about the Nintendo Switch, where literally the most popular game runs better on an older console and even PCs

I know mark turned this place into a nintendo circlejerk but I don't understand the relevance right now.

the vita alone had more exclusives on launch than the Switch will have for the entire year.

We have people both liking and shitting on the Switch. If anything you want a circlejerk, just by making such a retarded accusation based on the opinion of a few people who disagree with you.

I love that people here choose memes over reality, it's kind of cute

An overwhelming majority absolutely hate the Switch and will not take any middle ground approach, there's a circle jerk but it's against the Switch and Nintendo, not for.

i hate the switch but goddamn might a lightning bolt strike me down if i don't want to fuck that dog

Sony is ultra jew with the Vita and the memory cards.
Fuck sony, fuck them hard.

WiiU's BOTW runs the same if not better than Switch's docked for some reason. DigitalFoundry did a whole video on it.

edumacate yourself, nintendrone

Except not only does the Switch version run at a higher resolution but Nintendo put out a patch that fixes performance in most places and puts the Switch version well beyond the WiiU version.

Educate yourself retard.

On launch it was fucked, and even know, it only BARELY performs better than the WiiU. There's literally NO REASON to own a switch, other than its portability. and again, it has no games.

get fucked, nintendoshill

I bet you also think SJWs are the majority as well. Just because a select few people dislike the system doesn't mean the majority hate it. In fact I'll say the majority probably thinks that it'll be a good system later on, but now's not the time to buy. There ARE legitimate issues with Nintendo and all of them are discussed here. Don't delude yourself into thinking Mark censors shit, because he's not malicious just a faggot.

It has like ten good games for the system, so far it's kicking the shit out of the WiiU.

inb4

name one console exclusive that isnt shovelware or port.

cause I can do that for the Vita.
Killzone Mercenary
Touch my Katamari
Tearaway

and again, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, and WipEout 2048 were launch titles

Not him but the people that are SJWs in addition to those that want to make quick PR using them, and those who cave to their whims at the drop of a hat because they produce positive changes not admit negative aspects are the majority of persons alive in civilized nations.

Zelda
Tetris x Pyuo Pyuo
Mario Kart
Fast RMX
Kamiko
Snake Pass
Blaster Master Zero
Graceful Explosion Machine
Shovel Knight
Wonderboy

Hell right now there are 38 games available for purchase. That's pretty damn good for a system that only released a month ago.

You're implying way too hard, there were small issues with some areas getting frame drops that you didn't see on the WiiU but overall the Switch version ran better, especially in spaces like Kakariko village which is where a lot of framerate issues occured.

I never said it didn't have issues, but I've seen more shitposting against it then even rational discussion even talking about it's flaws like the obvious lack of games, and low battery life which are both givens considering how every handhelds battery life since the PSP not including additional models since I don't know their bat lifes, and the lack of games on launch is additionally a given that's very common. this thread is obviously not a good example of the shitposting but personally I've seen a lot more of it whenever the Switch was brought up, mostly hyperbowl or people regurgitating half truths read elsewhere but not experienced.

When it gets going though, that's going to be very fun, both for the system itself and the sheer amount of shitposting that will hit 8ch.

Aren't they ports?

Yes. However keep in mind that the Switch is a handheld. Not a console.

It is a handheld faggot

I am afraid that is where you are wrong. It is Nintendo's console this gen, not their handheld.

No

"It's a handheld" isn't really an excuse for any initial "problems" people are making against the switch. The entire point is that the thing can be used as both. That's why literally everyone was calling a hybrid. it's part of it's appeal/gimmick Nintendo is pushing. It's designed so one person could easily use it portably 99% of the time, and another could have it always hooked to the TV, like a console.

Of course, having ports from a system barely anyone owns would not be an actual problem. Most of the people that do own a Wii U are probably loyal fans who will buy a Switch at some point anyway.

For the rest it would make no difference.

Vita piracy is a blast but fffffffffffffffffffffff

The PSP and Vita are the most A E S T H E T I C handheld consoles to ever exist. The switch is ugly as hell.

Never change, NintendoGAF

Imagine if someone just bit the graphics bullet, and made full fledged games with mid 2000s Flash?

Then a handheld could be worth a damn.

did this ever come out on PS4?

people do that now, on consoles nonetheless.

nope, it came out on the wii though.

The original did. Did Rebirth do what Leifthrasir did and let you play the original mode? It added DLC of some sort I know that much.

The wii version came out years before it, and isn't even worth mentioning anymore since the Vita release has more content and a better translation.

Yes you can play it in original mode or in some new mode that disables auto block.

Did anyone ever fix the translation?

That had a localization worse than bamco's games localized using machine translations

I am not complaining about ports for being ports, i am complaining for the shit quality of the majority of them, MK9, Borderlands2, RErevelations2 and many Others look and sometimes even run like crap, and you have people defending the developers' laziness and shit job saying:
I mean Tekken dark resurrection on the fucking PSP looks much better than MK9 on the vita, and it features dynamic stages, clothing and the vita is supposed to be much more powerful than that.
A guy who's still undecided about buying a vita would certainly not, after seeing those bad ports, and speaking of the well made ports, i just said that aren't going to move big numbers of consoles sold.

Well you have a point but "you have shit taste for not liking weebtrash" is not an argument either.

It's both. Nintendo putting out a new true handheld to compete against the Switch would be fucking retarded considering they own the handheld market now.

The back touchpad really should have been switched out for l2/r2 and they should have dropped 3G. The system would have been perfect for its time in terms of build.

They should add a better wifi adapter. 2.5 Ghz can be major ass as most phones tend to run on it. 5Ghz would have been better. I did grow to like the front touchscreen, but the back one was usually a pain in the ass to use when l2/r2 would have been much better. If they ever decide to handhelds another shot, Sony really should just look at their ps4 controller and stick a screen where the touchpad is and call it a handheld. I'm really against the two removable side pieces that the Switch uses as it just makes the system feel loose. Rather than sticking a charging port on the bottom of the system, they could just add a charging pad. That way you can charge the system without a cord getting in the way. They could even make the charging pad a backup battery, so that you can attach it the system while you're getting low on the go then plug it back in when you stop. The system would have its own batter, so that you essentially have two batteries for on the go play.

Having said all that, I think Sony ever jumping back into the handheld market is going to depend largely on how well the Switch performs and how profitable it is. I'm hoping Sony Pictures eventually tanks as well. The sooner that sjw-infested appendage dies, the more likely Sony is to focus more on its Playstation brand and that would give a new handheld more weight.

Is there any reason to live?

Well I've noticed that the PS4 DOES have games but it's all weebshit that normalfags don't play (or even heard of) so it doesn't count apparently. The same happened last gen. Whatever.

This gen did got to a slow start I admit but the JRPGs and VNs are coming fast now.

I gotta admire Nintendo. They had balls. Launch with ONE game in 2017.

And people bought it. Oh yes most certainly.

I wouldnt say that had balls. Its more of Nintendo fans are so desperate for games they'll buy and defend everything Nintendo does.

including mark