Characters that are on the plain/boring side

I fucking love this character. I player her and main her. But I know she isn't coming back for the next game and definitely after this saga. I love the fact that she's a caopiera chick. I like the fact that her outfit has a bit of flair but enough to be a real character you could see in the real world; really gives me the proper '98 design style of outfits KoF used to have. But I can't deny the fact that she is kinda a plain and boring character and I totally see where people come from when saying that. In the world of SNK there are thousands of more popular capiera characters , bob wilson and richard meyer, and definitely more waifu characters(mai, king, leona, vanessa, athena, blue mary, antonov, etc..) so she is dwarfed in that department.
But what does her personality bring into the table? She likes to dance a lot and says kawaii girl noises like my favorite anime girls do. But with other 1000 more iconic phrases and mannerism KoF characters bring in, whatever she does pales in comparison. I love the fact that she has a tucan too but with Nakoruru in the game she once again seems second rate in the girl-with-bird department too; shes also second rate with a fighter with a bird department too because setsuna exist. I'll keep on using her flower supers and wall bounce combos all day but shes not going to get a following like luong will. At least I can take solace in the fact that she's not the least popular teamate in the team and she can look better in comparison but I can't keep kidding myself that SNK will drop her ass when the next round of games come out and she will fall in obscurity like maximum impact characters did. kuru kuru in peace.

I had this on my mind and didn't really know how to put it into words until now. I guess this can be a thread on other characters who are going to be shot down into obscurity or characters who are just there in their games, but my rant is over.

I liked how in Akatsuki Blitzkampf everyone was dressed either in military uniform or in real life clothes. Earlier KOF games had that too.

I can agree with that (except for the chun li character). Even the magical girl kinda had a uniform going.

Is it the fate of every fighter to kinda lose design identity when they go further on in their series and having to keep adding in new characters?

Why? She whore actual china dress and not some fantasy shit like actual chunners wears.

Yes.
I looked up the sequel to akatsuki and all new characters are straight up outta Blazblue.

She doesn't have a military uniform like the others

I wonder if likeability of those rosters reflects a person's likeablility of modern anime. I like the characters Akatsuki and Merkava but other characters just come off as tryhard and "literal who" type characters. I'm one of those guys who thinks most anime has been moe-fied so I wonder if that's why I don't like the roster.

I bet everyone on Holla Forums can write a manifesto on what Nintendo won't ever do anymore and why they are pissed about it

At least he keeps appearing in games, unlike Wart or anyone else Pre-Mario Sports fad.

Basically almost all MKX roster

I'm just wondering which characters do you find interesting in the MKX roster? Because the first person who pops into my head is Erron Black. The new characters were 50/50 to me on cool designs and what the fuck were you thinking(Kombat kids and Mileena redesign). I would have said the designs have remained consistent since a lot of the characters are originally copies of other characters and tropes that have worked for a while(cowboy, bug lady).

These two fuckers sure are boring.

You're right.

I'm starting to see a pattern of black men being the most boring characters in triple-a games.

Maybe because when you see a black character in a video game, they really stick out. Then when you're expecting them to do something they don't deliver. Like looking under a waterfall and finding nothing.

Just about every character in ME is boring.

Or the developers are afraid of doing anything with them because recent times (aka faggots) dictate they must portray blacks as neutral as fucking possible or be hounded by SJWs

CJ from San Andreas was an outright crazy ass character and you won't see that for a long while.

but he's really the only example that stands out because blacks don't make vidya except for like a small amount of dudes in africa.

its probably because most of the time they are shoehorned in. Muh american minorities and shit like that

They might also be trying to "play it safe" with minority characters.
The thing with these calls for more minority representation is that if you actually do anything interesting with a minority character you are just as liable to the moral busybodies in our modern media landscape than if you just stuck with white people.
So they do the most "safe" thing and write completely inoffensive forgettable minority characters.

they keep her from being too generic by having her wear nothing but spats and belts. i was tickled when they started letting you choose from one of 3 voice sets for created characters.
i wish there were more lewds of the disgaea classes.

I used to think boring first party members was an injoke at Bioware but I think it's just pathological. They can't write outside the template.

My opinion: Kombat Kids were shit, everyone else was perfectly fine. Erron Black, awesome. D'Vora, cool. Kotal Khan, good. The only Kiddy I liked was Kenshi's kid and I can't even remember his name.

And he was still a boring motherfucker compared to every character around him. There's a reason people remember Big Smoke's name.

Franklin was fucking boring his whole storyline was everything fucking was, he was fucking pointless especially compared to GTA SA. Fuck GTA5.

At some point you're going to find characters with designs that can only be identified thanks to their art style. I can't describe my tastes in anything as "must have moe", but there's a reason why some cute designs stand out and are remembered for longer than others, while other character designs rely on art style to look any recognizable.

That's because SJWs and modern leftists in general are gigantic wiggers. They're not the sort who likes Blaxploitation or genuinely talented Africans though, they're the sort of wiggers who treat black people as the new blondes. They think that a joke that relies on its illiteracy is inherently funnier because it's a black person on social media. They like only the worst hip hop and rap music and love gangsta culture, but won't actually shake a nigger's hand, nor are they even in within citywide proximity with a nigger.

Bad example, user.

Don't japs stop using the character when their dedicated voice actor dies? I heard something like that before, I guess it wasn't true.

my thoughts on the new MKX roster as well. I hope it's not another 50/50 split of good and shit characters with MKXI

Persona makes too much money and I'm betting they would get most of the flac if it was a girls VA changed because MUH WAIFU. every other time that has been the case though

It's not actually Igor

I have never saved Kaidan.

All pokemon npcs past the third gen

While on the subject of NPCs. I think we can all agree that roaming NPCs are usually the worst NPCs in any game. Mostly because their only fucking gimmick is that they roam around. At best you get a roaming NPC who says a generic phrase when you talk to them or rarely one who comments on the climate/weather. At worst you get a bunch of assholes who exist only to be ragdolls like in GTA

wow, revelation!

On a more specific topic of that: every Pokemon Rival character after Gen 2.

I was actually relieved when they introduced Gladion in Sun/Moon because it was so refreshing to have a douchebag who disliked me for once in like 10 years. And even that didn't last long or amount to much.

What a fascinating topic!