Team Fortress Classic

Since TF2 is shit thanks to Valve pumping out shit updates for years and Overwatch is a meme game with too many bad things to count, second pic related, would anyone like to play TFC with Holla Forums? I got the game in the Half-Life Collection and have been wanting to try it out for a while now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/Tickenest
twitter.com/Alpha_Blaster
moddb.com/mods/avp2-team-fortress
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But, we are Holla Forums.

You know what I meant, friend.

Aw gosh

Fuck off

Fortress Forever is alright too. I miss FINLAND FUCKHOUSE.

Talk to /radcorp/ about it, I doubt anyone wants to play now let alone Holla Forums even owning it.

Last I played it was dead and while play a Source engine version when GoldSrc is superior and still alive.

Thanks for the advice. I should've remembered that Holla Forums doesn't want to find replacements for good games gone shit and just want to complain about it.

Sorry that your social anxiety entends to online ones too, user.

90% of the people who link their Steam accounts are giant Reddit/9gag-tier faggots with degenerate fetishes or emotional issues.

It's not a matter of social anxiety, so much as it's social standard. I've tried making friends with the retards on Holla Forums, and I've lost patience with trying to befriend socially inept retards who are so socially stunted that they can only communicate through memes and canned phrases. It's literal Reddit-tier shit.

I'm well aware of how socially inept most Holla Forumstards are, considering they think you have to act like an absolute idiot to keep some non-existent persona and/or how some serious mental issues.

Why the fuck has no one been able to make a ripoff of TF that's actually lasted?

What do you mean by lasted and what would qualify as a TF rip-off, class-based shooters are fairly common.

Why not just play Fortress Forever? It's basically the same thing and its free.

it's similar but not the same.

Like a copy of the original class-based arena shooter movement based game since you had Quakeworld TF and then Weapons Factory for Quake 2 and TFC for HL, then Q3F which became shit at some point apparenlyt, WFA which no one cares about, and Enemy Territory Fortress and FF which are meh.

They're all dead ends except for TFC which led to TF2 which is completely different.

TF1 had a lot of defined classes which are actually varied and balanced so making new classes with new weapons so it won't be blatant in being an updated copy of 1 will be hard if you want to bring something new to the table. Or you could cheap out blurring class borders i.e. Planetside 2 and TF2. Pics sort of related.

Fucking lol. Don't even try to pretend classes like the Spy and Pyro aren't fucking worthless in that game. Although, I guess classes don't matter really when the name of the game is grenade spam.

How the fuck was the spy worthless, I haven't seriously played in over two years but I remember him being decent. And it's better balance than TF2 and PS2 that's for sure, no class-based game is perfect.

I'm up for it.

Perhaps he meant Scouts and Pyros? Scouts are literally just downgraded Medics, I don't know why anyone other than a bot or a newbie would be stupid enough to play as one.

Ok, i´ll bite, because why not. Now, let me tell you why the second pic is full of shit.

I can´t even make sense of that sentence. That "built in compensation"… i have no idea what he´s talking about. Maybe he means that projectile hitboxes are a bit too big, but that was fixed in june last year.

2:Genji can be stopped quite easily with Zen, Zarya, Winston and so on…Hanzo depends on the level of the skill of his player, but he´s definitely not op, Roadhog is kinda annoying because of his one shot ability, but his huge hitbox in combination with no armor makes him balanced.
Ah, i have waited for this meme. Anyone who has ever played this game knows that this isn´t true. Pretty much every ult can be wasted easily, especially because you can counter them with normal abilites.
That´s a straight up lie, again. Genji can´t deflect Zarya´s beam and Winston´s pence gun. The same goes for D.va. The nature of Symmetra´s advancing shield makes it, that she´s proteced at max maybe two seconds by it, until it floats too far away.
I dunno, but a tibetan robo monk and a monkey from the moon have definitely more character than "Big dumb russian guy!", or "french womanizer spy!"
That´s pretty much the only good point he has. Loot boxes are cancer and should not be supported. But considering they are only for cosmetics and you can completely ignore them, it´s a minor complaint at best.
Isn´t the only thing which gets filtered "gg ez". Jeez, you can even type "ez gg" completely fine. Don´t know what´s the big deal about that.
Probably his second best complaint, although he´s exaggerating quite a bit here
Matchmaking works fine most of the time except maybe when you play at 4am in the morning or something like that. No filters is annoying, i give him that, although the server browser is still there.
Don´t see the problem there. If you don´t like e-sports then just ignore it.
Probably his most retarded point, because it makes no sense at all. Giving away free stuff is a bad thing now, although he complained at first, that gaining stuff takes too much time? This does not only make no sense, but he´s even contradicting himself.

So, happy triggering folks. Hope you have a nice day. Sage because mostly off topic.

I'd rather play TF2C.
Actually, scratch that. I'd try and rather fix TF2C and unfuck it. Why hasn't someone attempted to do this with the source code for 2007 TF2 and TF2C as well? Not enough high-functioning autism?

I'd rather we abandon the mess that was TF2C.
Out of pure curiosity which post was yours.

Used hidden """bugtesting""" commands to fuck with players.

Speaking of TF2C and Holla Forums users on steam, whatever happened to AlphaFaggotBlaster?

I mean I was just talking about my own personal preference.

That's a rather defeatist outlook.
They were the 2nd project lead after the original one was "ousted", and left the project last Fall. Now it's in a more aimless state with most of the work just being done to their shitty TTT mode.
Last one.

Pretty sure he still runs servers with his own private entourage of butt-buddies.

I didn't play TF2 before F2P but I don't see how much longevity it could have of the same limited gameplay compared to going fast(er) in TF1, TF2 and all Valve games have autistic fanbases, and if there isn't demand than no one will be into it except the autists and hopeless romantics. There was a surprising and plentiful amount of OC though.

He invited his gay boyfriend over to his house, his parents found out about it and kicked his boyfriend out and grounded him indefinitely. He's been sent off to Sunday Catholic school and his hug box is falling apart so bad his gay boyfriend is attempting to impersonate Alpha in order to keep everyone in denial.

There's more info on /cow/ including his address regarding it.

Some servers limit or eliminate grenades. I don't blame em.

I bought Half-Life in 1998 and started playing TFC soon after, and I still play on Steam servers once in awhile, but I never learned to grenade/rocket jump. It's still a heavy injection of nostalgia for me tho. The maps were amazing.

What's wrong with gmod Holla Forums?

Not only that, but he refused to listen to server owners when asked to stop hacking. Back in the day the admin on the original Holla Forums server before Alpha gave him 5 chances to stop before permabanning him, anyone else gets zero tolerance. Dude was a prick, but most of the devs apparently were off their rocker in some way.

Stop deadgendering it you shitlord :^)

Last I went, early this year, there were aimless or mundane goals to be done and an autistic Reddit nigger named Breeki who sounded like Linkara.

wut

How were they aimless/mundane? I haven't played with them but all I see is DarkRP and bullying pub kids.

I miss TF2C so much. I had so much fun with everyone and the constant map rotation that I was spoiled. I can't go back to current TF2 now after that.

It's sad to see my favorite series die like this.

I would play it every fucking day if I had actual /aus/ servers

Uh oh, sounds like the CD is scratched.

> finally get banned after using bad language I said nigga

The ban expired today so I'll see what kind of trouble I can get into. I always hated admins for shit like this.

[EVIL] clanserver, I take it? The admins that play around midnight cst are pretty alright.

That's the one. And I got banned from Drippys a long, long time ago, but I don't remember what for.

In TF1 you play as blue, in TF2 you play as red. Replayed the game, Heavy's minigun spread is horrible, Spy is good as I thought, Scout and Pyro are only played by masochists or Gregor-tier niggers.

>2016 and '17: Fags just playing in the default maps doing nothing but watch videos and kill each other and other activities that burn out quickly, more spergs, either no one roleplays or tries too hard to get into their role, shitters finding the server intentionally shitting it up, everyone is anti-social, fucking anime models everywhere, admin adds a mod if someone just asks for it, only fun thing I remember was Metro
I last played in January or something but from the way the server looks and how the thread is 20 people desperately bumping what should be a dead thread I doubt much has changed, "trolling" pubbies only lasts for so long.

Battlezone is also a good server.

Why are normalfags so bad at handling a few slurs here and there? I swear I've been kicked from a ton of lobby-based games servers or kicked from guilds because a mere "fuck" word or something.

There's a concern about free speech today, but before imageboards it was way too common to get in trouble for saying something slightly out of line in a server or forum. Getting kicked for 'disrespecting admin' wasn't so much a meme as it was reality.

Don't forget the Medics, those fuckers and their poisonous medkits, why they never appeared in the comics anyways?

Are the comics actually worth reading, I heard they were Tumblr-tier and made Pauline a dyke.

The comics are amazing. Pauling is a little Mary Sue-ish but otherwise the writing is great. There's a lot of original and unique comedy and lots of unexpected twists.

Your post really sounds like you're comparing Overwatch and TF2 to TFC and QWTF.
Have you ever actually played any of these games, OP? The gameplay is very different from what you're used to in TF2. It's fast to the point of retardation when you have no idea what's actually going on. The classes have completely different roles (e.g. a Scout can't even kill a fucking Scout).
If you wanna get a taste of it, check this channel for QuakeWorld Team Fortress: youtube.com/user/Tickenest
TFC is pretty much the same but looks better.

Wasn't that still the sandbox server? You missed out on some pretty good stuff like New Rhodesia and Cage Fighting League. You can't stop anime models from infiltrating, though. On the other hand, you can stop them from showing up because server itself has 0% anime. Give it a try.

but that's wrong (at least for one hero) you fucking nigger
pic related

It's usually worse but it's not peak euro time or peak american time, meaning no one is online.
A lot of CS:GO and Dota players. Most of the people there are attention whore weebs.
Speaking of attention whore weebs, why are all weebs attention whores? Look at Mark and just take a gander at the higher level profiles on the Holla Forums Holla Forums steam group, it's fucking terrible.
If they have >50 friends, have over 10, 30 groups and some really high level profile with a long description and multiple showcases, that's how you spot a steam attention whore.

Most of the Holla Forums dudes I know are pretty cool. Even the ones I met while playing dota are alright, and the others are fairly chill and knowledgeable people.

He deleted himself off of the internet, essentially. He he privated his steam account and deleted all his youtube channel videos. Changed his steam name as well, as far as I know.
From what I read, he now just is the faggot he always was on /cuteboys/ and his personal buttbuddy discord.

Oh, and I heard something about Alpha wearing his MAGA hat to his highschool every day and making a presentation on why the holocaust isn't real. He's primetime lolcow material is what he is.
twitter.com/Alpha_Blaster
I know this isn't a /cow/ thread but this is basically a post to signify to not be like him. Don't be that guy, don't be the attentionwhore Holla Forumsfag like Betablaster is.
He was a retarded faggot, but he was a retarded faggot that was smart enough to debleet himself off of the internet and begin again.
Copied from /cow/

im glad the faggot is suffering, always hated him

I was about to say he was alright, but then I hit the reddit part.
What an insufferable faggot.

This is the same guy who is said to have single-handily ruin TF2C? Not just the server here, but the entire mod development? Things seem to be peaceful when there's no cult of personality or some guy jockeying for all the attention– this guy seems to be another testament to that.

He was very close to the devs and did some shit with them, as far as I can remember.

So does anyone wanna upload tfc to vola and start hosting?

What? I don't remember him ever being involved. As far as I can remember much of the team hated our servers because of the "toxicity" and Alphafaggot was the major contributor to that. Though I recall a few devs popping by here too.

Right along with faggot devs thinking it's good to add post-release weapons to the team game modes.

I thought that was the flock of retards that VNN brought with him, that ended up whining on facefuck forums. Alpha definitely had his foot in the door.

So that's who keeps fucking posting "post boipucci" in every thread. All fags seriously need to be gassed ASAP.

He gay ERPs as Link. Probably.

>Any time i doubt it i think "fuck off kikes get outta my head, I should be ashamed of liking boys"
And yet he's not, guess that means the kikes have that retarded goy in the palm of their hands.

The original Team Fortress mod for Quake 1 is the only good Team Fortress

The current server has a STALKER or Metro RP theme going on so they mostly play on a fixed up version of rp_metro_refuge made by someone on the server with NPCs placed all over the map and it can be fun at times, playx was assigned to a job and cost money to spawn now but it's rarely used, Breeki hasn't been on the server for a while now and overall there are less spergs, still have the odd one joining but not nearly as bad as the last server, the admins no longer just add whatever shit people request on the server unless it fits the theme and actually works, still a few players with anime models though but you can always turn of PAC and outfitter if they annoy you that much, and we even have a few people working on stuff for the server, some lolifag is apparently working on better guns, but they've been saying that for a while now so who knows when we'll see it completed.

We honestly could set up a game night this Friday and play, since TFC has servers with a few people in them that we could hop in and revive.

I got banned from the dutch server for "racism". I think it eventually got shut down. It was one of the few active servers except that britfag one. It was pretty decent. Most of the admins were pretty chill except that one guy who always was a butthurt, self-important prick with no sense of humor.

It was nice. We'd shit-talk all the time and had inside jokes. This was some 10 or so years ago.

Back in 2005 or so when I started playing it the servers were still chock-full. Crazy bunnyhoppers, conc-jump elites and everything in between. The game was teeming with life, and everybody seemed to be able to take a joke/bantz and have a good time. What times!

I had a good laugh at that

Yeah, well in another thread, some anons were discussing about the tf2 comics stealing jokes from the Venture Bros (poisonous tooth and the devil being a complicated businessmen), I saw the tweet about the main writer making Pauline into a dyke, but some people said that he was actually joking about it.

MOTHERFUCKING DONKEY DICKS

LOL

No matter how much time passes, I can always find something to laugh at when I play TFC

muh class identity

Why wouldn't you want to have concrete classes in a class-based shooter.

tell me what loadout gives the heavy a rocket jump

Nah he's talking about the fact that mechanically the server favors the shooter in terms of latency.
So basically if two players have varying latency, and Player1 headshots Player2 on his screen, but on Player2's screen he is behind a wall, the server will register the headshot even though it makes no sense for Player2 because "Favor the shooter".

This causes some weird issues with certain mechanics, especially invulnerability ones, because on your screen you play the animation (Eg. Tracers recall) and then either die mid animation or get rubberbanded back to the original spot and die, even though on your screen you were mid-invunerability, because someone on the enemy team had a lagspike and headshot you before you activated your ability.

They tweaked this a lot but in the beginning it was absolutely horrible because you could ult as Zenyatta and heal your team to full health, then randomly drop dead because the widow on the enemy team had a sudden 2 second lagspike in which you stood perfectly still.

Anyone know if this is any good?
moddb.com/mods/avp2-team-fortress

Why don't you do your own research.

Obviously the faggots in steamfags threads are going to be attention whoring erpsluts.
I only ever played with Holla Forums with small niche shit like that TF2 server and Holla Forums.net.

Gee wizz he should try /cuteboys/ and get the approval of ugly trannies

I just want this version of TF

Why can't more spectating systems have this?

user there are no videos of people playing so the only thing to go off up is the 24 ModDB votes.

these people are pathetic

but it is based on counterpicking and changing though, a pharah can bully a rein from afar and there's nothing he can do, if your teammates didn't pick hitscan for the pharah or pick something that can spray her down, you can't touch her if she stays up high
Rein doesn't even use ammo, so there's no running out, and his Q can completely halt a push if they're grouped with no shield

seems like they wanted to ban him and were just waiting for a reason. certainly more integrity than i would expect of an admin

I've played nothing but autistic games with Holla Forums and it's been great.

I don't see a problem here

Then I guess you're going to have to try it out with some friends to see how it is, those friends being Holla Forums.