TTS thread

Why isn't there a thread about Tabletop Simulator? This is probably one of the comfiest games on Steam right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/dlc/286160/
steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=286160&browsesort=toprated§ion=readytouseitems
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm still not sure how it works. Some games seem to be sold as DLC while others are supposedly free. Where can I check which ones are which ? I wanna play shit like twillight imperium with a friend and other games, but there seems to be no organized game database.

You can get whatever you want from the workshop, the DLC games are their own bullshit.

the shit you see here is dlc store.steampowered.com/dlc/286160/ everything else is free.

This is a damn good game. If you have friends, that is. ;_;

The DLC ones are promotional games no one gives a shit about, you can get everything you need from the workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=286160&browsesort=toprated§ion=readytouseitems

this, I never actually got into a dlc game. If you still want to try them you can use a dlc unlocker.

Because this is Holla Forums, not /tg/.
Secret Hitler player detected.

Because I don't have any other friends to play with which makes this game completely unplayable for me

The ones that are sold as DLC are officially licensed by the devs. You can probably find an unofficial version for all of them, either in the workshop or elsewhere.

Roll20>TTS

just earlier today someone suggested that one to me. I honestly don't really play D&D, roleplaying is weird.

Why bother trying to be civilized when someone's going to inevitably flip the table and ruin everything?

Because you can disable that feature.

Anyone happens to have a good torrent? I do own the game on steam and also happen to have all dlc, if anyone can help me out I could create a torrent or a mega link.

Nigga you play vidya right? How is it a huge stretch to understand tabletop?

almost every game you can play on tabletop simulator has a better, dedicated version of it.

I've wanted to try playing roll20 with strangers but all the DMs seem very picky about beginners. don't want some nerd getting uppity with me because I don't know how to level my character up in 60 seconds.

and maptools is even better than roll20, even if it uses java, even vassal is better than roll20 and was the better TTS until the cease and desist hammers got swung at the vassal mods.

I've wanted to get a weekly game night going with /tg/ using TTS and other programs.

I tried roll20 and it's fucking garbage, instead of making DMing easier it makes it an autismo run to grab a folder of assets premade for your specific campaign, that is if you don't wanna buy our premium assets wink wink nudge nudge.
It's probably easier to host a game in MS paint + a dice rolling tool than it is to use roll20, the only redeeming feature is the distance calculator for movement.

Because it's not a video game. It's a platform used for playing games. And the games you play on it aren't video games either.

Roll20 is utterly infested by sjws. Ask /tg/ if you want to know more about it.

Also a good point. Wouldn't hurt to take this to /tg/.

Which is why you play with buddies, ideally.

Are there any well-made versions of those Cthulhu-type games, like Arkham Horror? That could be fun, as long as they're not half-assed.

I think there are a couple scripted versions of Arkham Horror which automates all the little fiddly shit.