Cortex Command

Holy shit what are these controls? How the fuck do I play this? These controls are QWOP tier

I don't remember having problems with any of the controls of the game.
Also thanks for reminding me of its existence, might reinstall, the physics are fun as fuck in it.

Please, they aren't that bad. You really just have to remember where all the actions on the wheel are.

Is there real campaign yet?
Is there online versus/co-op yet?
Is there real time zoom yet?

I don't think online mode is even possible for this game to work properly.

Everything is possible with competent devs.
Which isn't the case with this game apparently.

Don't you know? The real campaign was scrapped something like eight years ago.

I'm not so sure about that. Almost everything in this game is tied to physics somewhat. Taking into account latency and how many small things can affect the map would be pretty difficult to compensate for. I'm no expert but I've tried doing some netcode and there can be a lot of problems thanks to latency.

I guess it could be done by having host player do all physics and character updates on their side and transmit the result to clients. This would cause all the clients inputs to have a delay before anything they do would happen on their screen but at least it would be consistent with everyone.

Unless you have FTL communications, a game like this will never work online retard, learn how netcode works. Physics and networking don't like eachother one bit.

Or maybe it's devs who are retards and should learn how to code.
Go be cuck somewhere else.

You seem to not understand, EVERYTHING has physics in this, footsteps cause any material to be displaced, even concrete gets worn down by walking over it, the entire game has performance issues due to all of this happening all over the map and you want to add latency into this equation?

They're making a second game which is essentially this but largely upgraded, and it's going to have online multiplayer.

Read a book about netcode and how shit works, nigger.

Which, unsurprisingly, does not have destructible terrain and a much smaller scale, with deformation and destruction only being applied to creatures (of which there are considerably less than CC) and some select entities in the world.

I'm afraid this isn't the case for a full physics simulation. Even with the best coding possible there is just too many problems with latency and the physics of this game. I mean shit full simulation physics is always a problem when you upscale, which is why it's almost always a 2D or ASCII game when they're huge and with as much physics detail as this game has.

Multiplayer games with physics either have extremely simplified physics, client-side physics, or both.

UGH. what fuck? how you bunker smash game with no bunker smash?

Either that or they're on the literal cutting edge of computer physics tech, e.g. BeamNG

There is no real campaign, but the void wanderers mod is pretty fun.

quit shilling this shit. it was early access before it was a thing and its always been bad. (source: I've owned it since the mid-late 2000's) The most recent "update" didn't do much other than add an advertisement for their new game, which probably also won't be completed.

I wish there was a turn-based mode, that seems like it'd be really fun.

there is a game series called worms, which is essentially that.

I know, but worms is definitively worms. You can mod CC and it has basebuilding, not just destroying.

thats true, theyre only similar at a glace.

This game triggers my autism too much to enjoy it. There are so many prefab building components with walls and floors of slightly different materials and thicknesses that you can't make everything interlock nicely into a clean crisp base.
FUCK THAT SHIT

'kay