Is this game hated exclusively because it's not a hub world Mario game?

Is this game hated exclusively because it's not a hub world Mario game?

I don't get it, what's wrong with it? The fact that it's linear?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dj75hy12yaY?t=11m22s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

To me it felt more like a 3D version of a New Super Mario Bros. game rather than a proper 3D Mario game.

Haven't played it but my guess it's that it feels like a step backwards from galaxy

Who hates 3d world?

Odyssey looks like a step in the right direction but Mario's physics look somewhat floaty.
I kinda miss the more challenging physics of 64 and FLUDD-less sections of Sunshine.

More because it's piss easy up until the last bonus stage.

Nothing's wrong with this one. This one and 3D Land on 3DS are my favourite Mario games.

I have never heard anyone use the phrase piss easy, and me actually end up agreeing with them. Do only idiots use this phrase? I should add it to my word filter.

??????
Oh I see, just shitposting.

The only people who think it's shitty are those who were pissed that it wasn't the next 3D Mario open world platformer.

Frankly, those people have no right to be disappointed. It was obvious from the get-go that this was a larger-scale follow-up to Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS.

There's been 9 posts and I was masturbating
Jesus fuck can cuckchanners go back where they came from with this shitty meme?

Also this game seems pretty divisive, never seen that here before, weird

ALAKAZOOM!

AN A PRESS IN AS A PRESS

Most people haven't actually played it. On the surface level it looks like a boring, soulless, lazily thrown together NSMB game, so that's what people assume it is.

It's harder than both Galaxy games, and everyone loves those.

Yeah I thought it was great. I wish it was a little more challenging throughout, but otherwise it was good. I didn't play either of the Galaxy games though, so maybe that has something to do with me enjoying it more than most of you fags.

Nothing is wrong with it. It's actually perfect, and the people who hate it are just fucktards with terminal taste cancer.

Most of the idiots who whine about this game are probably N64 babies whose first Mario was SM64. They started gaming around the time Nintendo started spiralling downwards. Their opinion is irrelevant.

Also Cat Bowser.

Now I want to like it to spite N64 autists

3D Land was good, but I haven't gotten around to 3D World. Looks fun

I don't know how many people really hate it. I enjoyed it, but the game takes way too fucking long to pick up. The whole first half of the game is way too goddamn easy, which put a bad taste in my mouth. Worlds 1-6 are pretty much a wash, and all way too easy. World Castle and Bowser are fun, and the bonus worlds are what make the game worth playing. Champion's Road is fucking difficult.
It's still shit that you have to play for many hours before encountering even a semblance of difficulty. My 4-year-old beat the game up through world 6, and he can't even clear the first world in Super Mario Bros.
The controls are good for the most part, but feel like they were built around a D-pad. If a game uses an analog stick, it shouldn't have a run button (the stick should do that already with a full tilt), and it should allow you to move in more than 16 directions (try it out, the game locks movement directions. It's only minimally better than 3D Land's 8-direction movement).
The linear direction and world/stage setup is fine, and the music and graphics are really good.

So it is a good game, but all the casualization decisions keep it from being really great.

Galaxy is very similar, and lays the foundations for this game in a lot of ways. It only trumps 3D World in terms of presentation.

This is some top tier projection right here.

The first part of the game is pretty easy, since most people decide to continue with a game based entirely on their first impression of a game it makes sense he'd consider it easy.

If by that you mean every stage is a gimmick with no consistent sense of progression in challenge than sure.
64 and Sunshine (without the FLUDD) had tight controls. This game followed the trend of Galaxy by simplifying the controls more and making the game increasingly restrictive.

3D world has the exact same controls as every other mario game, I really wonder how they could be simplified.

The only difference between other mario games are with how animations are handled and the fact that mario can't do the 3 jump thing.

maybe because its the same jump and wahoo for retards that it has been since 1990.

I haven't played 3D World, but I'm going to make an assumption that it functions similarly to Land. Maybe someone can enlighten me on how World made some improvements, because I didn't like Land at all. The controls are awkward; you can never quite tell where you're going to land, and I never really feel in control. It's not as snappy and responsive as 2D games or the Galaxy games, or even 64/Sunshine. You have to hold down the run button to accomplish anything, since Mario walks at a snail's pace and can barely jump over the smallest of gaps without running. It contributes nothing, and it's just annoying to have to constantly hold down a button for no reason for virtually the entire game.
Mario's physics are weirdly vertical; you can move up and down pretty smoothly, but any movement to the sides feels like you're going through molasses, both on the ground and in the air but especially in the air. Speaking of up and down movement, nothing feels worse than how restricted your jumping is in this game. It feels like a cruel joke that they included all of Mario's classic jumps - the backflip, the long jump, the half-circle, all of them - and then made them virtually indistinguishable in functionality from regular old running and jumping. The backflip and half-circle barely reach higher than a regular jump, and they lack the sideways motion benefits they had in earlier games because, remember, all sideways motion is like going through molasses. The long jump doesn't clear much that a regular jump with a running start won't, and even when it could, the game rarely creates situations that actually encourage using it. Sometimes you can skip a few platforms or an extra gap with it, but that rarely seems intentional. They never put secrets or star coins in places accessible only by long jumping, so it doesn't feel like a reward for being creative - it just feels like lazy level design. Not to mention that it doesn't move you nearly as quickly as previous games, which was always half the fun of it.
The game is basically easy - all the challenge comes from the struggle of navigating easy levels with awful controls and movement. Frequently, you either can't tell where you're going to land (because Ninty made the always-outstanding choice of staging 2D levels in a 3D environment), or all you can see is where you're going to land, with the camera perpetually panned straight down, and it's nauseating.

Mario didn't make sounds until 1999 :^)
What now bait boy? Not so tough are we?

Sounds right up your alley.

People hated this game? It's fairly creative & doesn't really do anything to warrant hatred. It has plenty of content & tons of bonus stages. Single-player is fun. Multi-player is more fun. I played it on Cemu recently with my cousin. It's only the second Mario game of it's style so the NSMB comparisons are straw-grasping.

Stop this fucking pathetic hipster faggotry.

Do you enjoy lying?

Please prove me wrong

It only has 8 directional movement as if it's being played with a dpad, user.

That has nothing to do with the moves mario can make though

Is it hated?
I like it more than other 3d Marios personally but I just prefer more levels instead of very few open levels.

True fact. NotPeach is the worst girl.

Daisy?

Hipster Haircut Peach

She's a lot more unique than Daisy. NotPeach is Daisy.

The levels are short as fuck, linear, small, and just boring. It may as well have been called 3D Land 2, because it didn't feel like a console Mario game at all.

The game is absurdly easy. I had like 50-60 lives stacked up going into the bonus world. Go ahead and filter people who are good at games though.

Stop pretending to be retarded.

Super Mario Bros. 3 has even more simplistic controls, and is also coincidentally the best Mario game ever produced.

Do you hate the Galaxy games? Because they were even easier.

You really need to prove that you're right. The only other Mario game it controls even roughly similarly to is 3D Land. Unless your arguments are "you can run and jump", you're entirely wrong.

All of these were only in 64

Not true, the dive is there

what

Like the other one, changes in number are not changes in moves.

Did you get the answer you were expecting?

I don't think he's arguing against 3D World, he's arguing that 3D World does not, in fact, have "the exact same controls as every other mario game" as was claimed.

It still proves you wrong. Claiming that all Mario games control the same is stupidly ignorant.

You mean the long jump? There is no dive.

The crouch charge jump.

It does run contrary to the claim of "exact same controls" though.

They do though. None of that shit matters at all, they're not signature moves, neither are they ever expected to be used.

The dive is there, it's now a roll, but it works the same
youtu.be/dj75hy12yaY?t=11m22s

But it doesn't, the game controls the same.

Just the sight of that fuck pisses me off. He's like Mickey Mouse. I was born early enough to be conditioned to bright colorful kid shit.

No, seems to be divided
Guess I was wrong

Okay user

The game is ridiculously easy with the challenge locked not by tests of skill but by repetition. The perspective worked better, was designed for, the depth cues provided by the 3DS.

Wrong from the start, OP. Controls are garbage compared to 64/Sunshine (Fludd aside).
I don't give a shit that it's not hubword. I give a shit about its camera angle and shit controls.

So you're saying that the basic mechanics are different, the mechanics of running are different, the jump mechanics are different, and literally all of the attacks and movement mechanics are different, but it is still exactly the same just because some of the moves don't matter? If literally nothing controls the same but you can create analogies, it doesn't make the controls the same. Literally everything controls differently from every other game, except 3D Land, which is roughly similar.

So you can jump and then roll in mid air ending in a belly slide? You're either making the mistake of assuming I've never played the game, or you're actually retarded and believe the things you're saying.
Your thread even started somewhat promising, but you're fucking stupid, OP.

At least 4 moves.
Thanks for proving that you're underage.
64 DS
You have no way to quantify that.
What the fuck does this even mean?

The problem is that it's just another Mario game. How much milk can a cow give until it dies?

The timer is pointless anti-fun bullshit that should not exist on any levels excluding the "speed through" ones.

Other than that it's a well designed game.

Bullshit, nobody even talks about them these days. The most discussion it gets is people wanting to sniff Rosalina's farts.

Nigga what is there to explore in super mario

As if I needed more proof that you idiots are sub-human.

There's space for ALL the princesses okay???

Nooks and crannies and shit. Climbing trees. Trying to find secrets. Of course blowing in the mic reveals 99% of all secrets anyways

Nintendo's Ligh**tning:^)

Huh? I don't understand what this means.

Just play Morrowind my man

It was a step backwards but it was still great.

is it actually hated? i never knew

there sure is. thanks to rosalina maintaining the universe

What up my fellow luma.

I want to fuck that cat. Meow.

Is this pasta?

It's another fucking Mario game that does nothing special. I beat it up to the final FINAl stage and dropped it because I was bored. The jumping is floaty and like everybody else said it's easy as fuck. The cat upgrade brought very little new to the table and instead on focusing on good 3D level design they just kinda threw things places. It's a typical 3D Mario game. Nothing special. At least Galaxy had space and orbiting mechanics along with a shitload of cool ways of using the pointer and managed to keep every world looking unique. I can remember almost every world in Galaxy can anybody tell me what world 4-3 even looks like in 3D world without reaching out to google?

Yes. 4-3 is Beep Block Skyway. I recognized it right away without having to google it. It's the level where you're in space jumping on blocks that beep to the music and alternately disappear.

You say it's not unique or doesn't have good level design and then this level comes along and proves the exact opposite of what you say. Nevermind that you didn't even get to the space levels which offer way more variety and remix old levels with new challenges as well. I hate you.

I did faggot. That's why I said the final FINAL levels. And while I can't exactly call bullshit on not googling it I genuinely played the game to the end and can only remember the worlds. Many of which were barely a change in location from prior ones.

In any case the game isn't a step up from prior Mario games and is just as forgiving and bland as the rest of them.

Meant some of which. 2 and 3 are very similar to 4 and 5. The final Bowser world however is a work of art and Nintendo needs a Bowser game based around it.

Well, the main reason I instantly recognized 4-3 is because it's one of my favorite levels in the game. I can't recall all of them offhand, like I remember Cookie Cogworks (the level with the giant cog-shaped ice cream sandwiches) was in the final Bowser world, but I can't remember the exact number. I think it might've been 3?

But alright, I'll bite. What could they have added to make the game "less bland" in your eyes? You'd better not say "make collecting stars the main goal of the game".

It's way two-dimensional, both on movement and level design. There's no point making a 3D platformer like this.

I couldn't tell you what world 4-3 looks like in any Mario game.

if you avoid doing pointless things you become ea games

I can almost remember it for Super Mario Bros 3
I think its the one with the waterfall

coming out of the pipes? i remember trying my damnedest to swim up the waterfall to see if i could go in the pipes

…What?

well you wouldnt want that, would you?

Speaking as someone who hated 3D Land and loved 3D World: the camera isn't ass in 3D World. I don't remember enough about 3D Land beyond the camera being absolute shit to comment otherwise.

More unique environments level by level instead of world by worlds for starters. And then ditching the stuff we've seen in every single Mario game. By unique I don't just mean different. I mean adding shit that we haven't already seen in every prior installment since World. Enemies still look the same, the bosses are a joke and the Cat powerup just lets you climb up walls. Which only comes in handy for getting stars. There's a lot more though. You joke when you say "making stars is the goal" because it actually is. You can't progress without getting enough Green stars. Instead try having another goal. Or at least something different that we haven't seen before. Shit they should have had more Captain Toad segments. Or time trials for that matter. Anything to change up the formula.

I can in World and that's about it.

I always hated this game because it bored me to tears.

I think I got to about world 6 or 7 before I just couldn't deal with it anymore and turned it off. It was just too easy, boring, and safe in level design.

There's a particular cancer infecting the latest mario level designs at the moment. It goes like this:
1- Introduce the new concept in a safe and easy way so that people can see what it does
2- Introduce the most basic of challenges to make the player prove they understand the concept
3- for the finale, introduce a more difficult iteration of the concept for the player to show mastery over it. Sometimes this is the flagpole challenge.

Almost every single level I played in 3D world follows this trend to a disgusting degree. There is no challenge, and it never throws anything unexpected at you. Its rare for the game to throw two concepts at you at once: in fact, the only time that comes to mind is when you have to slide down the changing beep blocks with double cherry clones.

But the worst thing about the game is the movement system. Ever since 64, Nintendo has constantly taken steps backward in movement mechanics in the 3d mario games.

In 64, the player had many movement options at their fingertips at any time. They could move about with the joystick in full 360 degree motion, jump, triple jump, backflip, sideflip, long jump, and dive at any time. This added a lot to the game. The player had to select which option was best for each platform section. On top of this, certain moves, such as the longjump and dive, gave mario more speed and let the player build up momentum.

Mario 3d world has a fraction of the movement options available to the player. Players are locked to 8 directions on the joystick, running is bafflingly moved to a button press instead of mapped naturally to the position of the analog stick, mario can only jump. Sideflips and long jumps are available, but these moves don't actually change the height or distance covered in a jump. They just change the animation. The biggest problem is that you can't build up speed, the maximum speed is locked to the run button. It feels really shitty when compared to other 3d mario games. Even 3d land gave you a small speed boost when you performed the long jump.

The gameplay is also gimmicky. Each level introduces unique concepts, but they rarely get implemented into the game outside that level.

Lastly, all the levels are made up of these stupid cubes. Everything is a cube. Larger areas are made by stitching more cubes together. Seeing curves in the level design was so rare that it was novel to me. This isn't bad in and of itself, but it gets visually tiring after seeing it for 7 worlds.

I'm sure the game is a lot of fun when you play it with other people. Almost all of my complaints can be summed up as this: the game is built for four players, not one. Playing the game single player is an exercise in boredom. The controls are tuned so that players aren't likely to be left behind. The levels are challenging for four players at once. And the gimmicky level design is more fun for a group of people having a laugh.

I've tried. We all got bored after the first world. We went back for the second a week later and all agreed to stop. Shared lives are cancer and if you move more than 10 feet away from another player the games camera will just leave him behind. Which wouldn't be a big problem if the game were purely linear. But there's a ton of shit you have to find off the path and it's rare that everybody will all agree together to go for it.

If they did that we'd have less levels overall because there's only so much they could come up with. Ideally they should strike a balance by having unique levels with variations on the challenges they provide.

And this is the crux of our disagreement because none of this stuff actually bothers me and in fact I like that they adapted elements from 2D Marios into the game. The powerups have never done anything more than simple upgrades and I don't see why you're complaining about the cat powerup. Nearly all powerups from all the Mario games offered something simiilarly simplistic:

Carrot: turned you into a bunny, let you hover slowly to the ground.
Raccoon leaf: Same, but with raccoons instead of bunnies.
Bee Mushroom: Same, but with bees. Let you also stick to honey walls. Worse than cat powerup because you can only cling to a specific kind of wall.
Fire Flower: lets you shoot fireballs.
Ice flower: lets you shoot ice.

You get the point. I think it's disingenuous to complain that a Mario powerup only doing one thing is "too simple".

Well you can. It's just that certain levels on the map screen are blocked behind an amount of green stars you need to collect.

I'm pretty sure they already did change up the formula by making a 3D game that playstyle wise is similar to a 2D game.

It's not a fully-3D platformer. It's more like one of those PS1 "hallway" platformers like Crash Bandicoot.

Sorry if you like it, but most people of the age to post here have had the bar set with Mario 64 and Sunshine. It may be cheaper and easier to do a game like 3D World, but it doesn't make it any less disappointing.

I'de prefer less quantity more quality thanks. ANd even then just make the levels bigger to get more use out of the assets or just reuse them in a clever method if you HAVE to have a shit load of levels.
Well they didn't. And I wouldn't consider there to be to much challenge either.

Then play the older games. That's why they're there. And they've already been adapted to a 3D environment in the older 3D titles.

Yea so lets just add 1 more useless thing that's not needed instead of actually making a whole new set up powerups. Galaxy did this for the most part and that's partly why it's a much better game.

Then it's useless. That better?

Like the final levels in a world. Yknow those ones you have to beat in order to progress? Have you played the game or did you just forget about this?

And it was a better game for it.

I like it but Its the only mario game that gives me problems with depth perception.

I prefer the "hub word" ones

Suddenly, I'm reminded of that deep womanly voice saying her name for the first time in Mario Kart 8.

It's because the camera shifts every fucking second because it's stuck at a lower level than it should. Seriously whoever detailed the skyboxes in this game must be pissed.

They did this. I thought the levels were great.

Your opinion. I don't recall it all being as easy as you said it was. What, do they all need to be like Champion Road in order for you to start liking the game?

What a stupid thing to say. "lel just play the older ones". No, I like what they did with 3D World and I'm waiting on them to make a direct sequel to it. The older 3D titles didn't replicate the feel of the 2D games at all, hence why the dichotomy exists in the first place. I don't see how you could possibly conflate them.

So if they just added more "useless" powerups that did one thing the game would be better? You're really grasping at straws here.

Yes. We've established that it's just like all other Mario powerups, so you therefore think all Mario powerups are useless. Good job.

It's not as restrictive as the 3D games that do this, you can still visit new levels despite not having all the stars you need. While they are needed to progress the requirements are more lax than Mario 64.

I was talking about 3D world. So you just admitted you like it? Good job.

But there's nothing wrong with Crash Bandicoot.

It's hated because it says in big bold letters on the cover "3D world" leading consumers to think "I can move in 3 dimensions"
In reality it's a mediocre new super Mario Bros reskined(U+200B was here).

But like all things Nintendo, it doesn't live up to it's hype, it's fun for a couple hours at most and faggots will come out of the woodwork and lay down their lives to defend it.

to varying degrees. This was the first time we saw for example fireball Mario in 3D without an annoying time limit attached.

Like I said, play the older titles more. The levels in this game are essentially the same.

And my better taste to apparently
I went through the entire game outside of champion road only dying maybe 3 or 4 times. And even then it was because I couldn't see where I was going in the autoscroll section.
If every weapon was like Champion Road it'd probably feel more ike I was playing Mario Maker than an actual Mario game.
I suppose I should have to play every Call of Duty game to get a "different" feel out of each one.
This is the sequel. To every other Mario game put out post Galaxy 2.
The older 3D titles didn't replicate the feel of the 2D games at all
They absolutely do to an extent. I think you're confusing this "feel" with a 2D environment.
No but you're misinterpreting my words. It's better because it's something that hasn't been done before and is good. I don't see how you can interpret that any differently.

Some have more value than others but they are actually in 3D world. What exactly do they accomplish outside of having 1more hit point on your HP. In the 2D games they actually had a use. Boomerangs in 3 actually killed Boo's and you could use a lot of powerups to keep your winning streak going for longer. In 3D world you can't even save more than 1 and all of them outside of the occasional cat powerup and maybe a few instances (that I can't bring to the top of my head) are the only exception.
I never said it was. I said that the goal is to collect stars which you said wasn't. that's the meta goal anyway. Unless you think the only goal was to save all the princesses which was only possible by gaining enough stars. Also if you WANT to go to later levels post credits you HAVE to get all the green stars. So I guess the game's ultimate goal is to collect green stars. I'll quote you on this and say good job.

And I was talking about the DS version. Good job.

So the games asking price is worth it because of that? At least the fireball Mario in Galaxy had a purpose that used the fireballs. And you might say they did the same thing in 3D world but that's the problem. They did the EXACT same thing by giving to a time limit to get the Green Star.

The game's price is worth it because it's a thoroughly enjoyable game. That's just one of many reasons.

It's only enjoyable because it borrows from prior titles to be successful. It's like talking to a brick wall. The only thing we got great out of it was the final Bowser level and that was more of an aesthetic improvement than anything. Also it's conveniently one of the few things that actually took a risk and deviated from the older titles.

Are you trying to tell me the fun I had with the game was unreal somehow?

There's nothing wrong with Crash Bandicoot, but that's a 20-year-old PlayStation game. Mario 3D World was a step backwards for a game that followed fully-3D platformers like Mario 64 and Sunshine.

No I'm trying to say that the fun you had was from the product of the prior games. Are you trying to tell me this game doesn't heavily borrow from it's older titles? I'm not called 3D world a bad game I'm calling it a mediocre one that's a shell of its former self.

who would spend half an hour watching a sm3dw review by a youtuber, i wouldn't watch it even if it was made by dorito pope itself

If you prefer the model employed by 64 and Sunshine. I prefer my platformers to consist of mainly linear obstacle courses. I'm also not sure what you're getting at by implying a game like this is not truly 3D.

Of course it's a product of prior games. It's a sequel.

People who like game analysis obviously.

Then why not just play the 2D games? Is the 3D environment so important that it needs to come at the cost of dumbed down gameplay?

There's plenty of platformers like that on modern systems. Google is your friend. A user with your "It's better than nothing" mentality may want to look in the direction of Reddit.
Mario 3D takes place in three dimensions and features fully 3D-modeled characters and objects, but it fails to take advantage of the space afforded by it. The levels pale in comparison to earlier entries on older systems.

Maybe I don't want to play a 2D game today. Maybe I want to play a 3D that is strongly influenced by 2D games.

Then enjoy your dumbed down remake of a game I guess. But lets not try and pretend it's anything more than that.

Right. Like this game.
I disagree. I think those levels took the emphasis away from the simple joys of platforming to focus on things like exploration. If I want to explore, I'll play an RPG or an adventure game.

This may well be my favourite Mario game, and there's nothing you can say to change that.

Mario 3D doesn't use that influence well. It just tacks on the mediocre controls of New Super Mario Bros. onto more than two axes.

This one is almost certainly before your time, but you look like you'll enjoy a Sega Saturn platformer called "Bug!"

Favorite =/= Good
Dunno what you're trying to say here. I enjoy Twilight Princess more than any other Zelda game but I would never call it the best or even a 7/10 game.

This doesn't make sense. What about the levels of Mario 64 and Sunshine prohibited exploration? Are you sure you didn't simply fail to find secrets?

Please find a good subreddit to sing the praises of this forgettable Wii U freebie, then.>I disagree. I think those levels took the emphasis away from the simple joys of platforming to focus on things like exploration.

?????????????????????

Sounds like cuck behaviour to me.

You are arguing. And you're also wrong. What's not to get here? Are you so dense that you can't identify the schism between liking something and understanding its faults?

If you like something the most, you rate it the highest. Anything else is cucking to someone else's idea of quality.

This has been Nintendo's design philosophy for a while now. I don't know why you think it's unique. Also this is a problem because it never actually makes the game difficult. It just wastes time and seems like filler. And you should really highlight that this game is 95% 1 and 2 and 5% 3.

Also nice to know that the game that are extremely similar to it are trash.

I think you're missing the point here faggot. You can rate it above every game ever that doesn't make it a good game. What the fuck are you even trying to say? Argue for it all you want I'll counter argue it if I have the time.

No other nintendo game uses this philosophy
It's unique because of that
Difficult was never the goal, the point is to have every level be different from the others
Video Games are all filler

Also I don't know how you got that all similar games to this are trash. I mentioned trash as a reference to most modern games and nintendo games.

If everyone else in the world thinks a certain game is a perfect 10/10, but I think it's irredeemable shit, I'm going to rate it a 0. Saying "well I'd better compramise and give it a 7, because a whole lot of people seem to like it" makes you a cuck.

stop using buzzwords that don't have anything to do with what you're saying
makes you look like you're trying to fit in and undermines your point, which I think is right by the way

Weak willed. Limp wristed. Beta.Cuck.

Every game should use a learning curve philosophy. Just not to the retarded extent this one does. It's more prevalent sure but it's also extremely boring in a lot of cases because all you're doing is waiting for the game to get enjoyable instead of trying to teach you things that you already know.
Who needs improvement anyway? Glad to know we have the Nintendo equivalent of the CoD audience in this thread.
Like all the Mario games that are extremely like it you mean?

No it makes you a sensible human being you fucking autist. I like Twilight Princess more for its story elements but I'm not going to say that those elements raise it to a 10/10 status. I'm not compromising I'm stating facts unlike your feeble ass.

There are no facts when It comes to personal taste. If I don't like chocolate, chocolate is worthless to me.

I'm not sure if you know anything about game design, and you clearly don't seeing the shit you're spewing.
But that design philosophy has absolutely nothing to do with a difficulty curve, Mario was never supposed to be difficult and it hasn't been since 64.

I have absolutely no clue what you're complaining about this being too easy when Mario has been known for the past 20 years for being a fun, pretty easy platformer.

The point of this is that they wanted to make a more linear mario. To keep the game interesting but still have the linearity they wanted they decided to build the levels in this way.

This is improvement.

Now I have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about

And what does this accomplish exactly? I think you're just moving goalposts here user. If you like 3D world then enjoy it. It's still a factually mediocre Mario title. If you want to argue against that then go for it. Nobodies stopping you.

I never said Mario had to be hard either. But it needs to challenge you. 3D rarely challenges the player and instead holds your hand through most of it. This is one of it's core issues, and design philosophy almost always involves a learning curve that needs to be implemented. I'm not spewing shit you're just not following along with your dead brain and all.

They already have a more linear Mario. They're called the 2D games and a handful of some 3D ones.

There's nothing new about it. We've been over this.

Name 1 3D platforming Mario game in the past 6
years that use different abilities, enemies, powerups, similer looking locations or plot. Or the lack thereof on the latter. Reading your prior posts though it's clear you flat out lie on some shit and move goalposts like a cuck. I'll keep posting if you want but just consider the actual conversation over. There's no getting to you.

I was actually criticising your inability to call Twilight Princess the best Zelda game despite it being your favourite. I find that cowardly. Stand up for your own tastes, you faggot.

There's nothing valuable about calling a factually inferior title a factually better one. I'll sit and discuss Twilight Princess for hours but I'll never stand by it as a good game, I can say the elements I lied were better than other titles though. Have you seriously never been able to enjoy something while knowing it had some major flaws? This isn't a black and white world user, get over it.

If you still like it the most despite certain shortcomings, clearly those short comings aren't important to you, so why should they factor into your final score?

Because I look past them. They are important though because I wish they weren't there so the game could be better. It's like the first act of a movie being shit and the rest of the movie being solid. I'll argue against somebody who calls a factually good part of a movie shit but I won't argue that a factually bad part of a movie is also good. I don't think I can explain this in more detail but if you reply asking more I'll try.

By your logic (set to the extreme) all games are either a 0/10 or a 10/10. A great plot but horrible gameplay should not make a game perfect, even if you only enjoy plots in games for some reason.

No. A game is exactly how much enjoyment you personally get out of it.

And I got a moderate amount of joy out of Twilight Princess because a large amount of the gameplay segments bogged it down. it also had some segments that I enjoyed more than the other games but it didn't keep up the consistency. It's my favorite because I enjoy a lot of other elements but overall the game is nothing special. So my enjoyment differed as I played the game. Therefore it's not a 10/10 game.

Honestly I'll say it again. Games aren't the sum of 1 part. It's a whole lot of shit. Should I make a game with my favorite OST the best game ever even though the gameplay was mediocre? If I enjoyed embed related more than most of the game and more than most of the music in other Mario titles should that make 3D world a perfect game? What's not to get here.

I didn't say it had to be a 10/10. Just that if it's your favourite Zelda, you should rate it higher than every other Zelda.

I rate it higher on a personal scale though. But in a thread meant to discuss a video game and how good it is that doesn't translate well or even convey how it actually plays. I enjoyed 1 segment of World because it did something clever. That doesn't make it a great game because the 10 minutes I had that made it good. Similarly in Twilight Princess I shouldn't rate it above a better game because it wasn't as consistently good. I would rather replay other Zelda titles. But if I could get a smaller Zelda title with only the good portions from TP kept in I'de call it the best Zelda game. Are you shitposting here or something? Explain in more than 2 sentences your logic here or I'm done replying.

There are people out there who only care about gameplay. To those people, writing, art direction, sound and so on are of absolutely no importance.
Other people only care about storylines, or art direction or whatever. I can't say that these people are wrong anymore than I can say someone is wrong for liking chocolate.
If a game nails the story and that is literally all you care about, there's no reason it shouldn't be a 10 for you.
If I eat an amazing cake and I decide that cake is a 10, I'm not going to listen to anyone who insists I have to lower the score of the cake because the plate was of a mediocre quality.

Yes but in a community you need to justify your arguments. That's why we're in this thread. If it has a 10/10 thing that you like that doesn't mean that same thing is good for something else, even if you like it. If you're not going to listen to my posts explaining what's wrong with it on a factual level then you're no better than reddit or the like. There needs to be a standard. Because by your logic somebody can come in here and post terrible games with 1 element that the OP liked but the remaining are absolute shit. And when those people do call it shit OP should act like a faggot and call others retarded because they thought that the game was bad when it actually had 1 element in it that was well done.

Basically you're not wrong on an individual level but on a level that requires a level of conversation, discussion and debate you're entirely wrong. Unless the topic is primarily focused on the good part/portions. I'm saging now because this isn't even about the game anymore.

You can no more have a factually good game than you can have a factually good tasting cake.

I've been awake for a long time now. Typos are probably going to be prevalent if I keep posting, but continue if you want. Just a warning.

I could if that cake was full of raisins or something. Now your just comparing things to shit that isn't vidya. Stick to vidya.

There's a difference between borrow and copy. I feel that 3D world is closer to copy than it is borrow. Mario 2 is a good example of a game that didn't copy it's prior game and had a lot o interesting new ideas. It's a shame that game is just a reskin of another title however.

No. Analogies make it easier to show you how silly you are.

(checked)
And I debunked the analogy. I would not enjoy a cake with raisins but I can enjoy the frosting. Doesn't make the cake perfect though. Stick to vidya if you want to have a point is what I'm saying I guess.

You miss the point completely. It's not about everything you like being perfect. It's about not having to bow to other people's standards of quality if they don't matter to you personally.
I don't care what a cake looks like, so visual presentation wont factor into my score at all. Another person might care about that, and give the cake a higher score if it's served on a nice plate.

Eh I like listening to this Mick talk. He goes pretty good into depth too.

It's not about bowing to anybody's interpretation of things it's about establishing a fact. A cake isn't just icing nor is it just dough. It's several things to make a good cake. It can taste to sweet or to bland or be to dry. It's never just great or bad for 1 reason however. Like I said, how you interpret it only matters if you're not on a board meant for discussion. You can like something all you want but when somebody points out a flaw you can't just say "I liked it you're wrong lol!" or you sound like a fucking retard child.

Point is realize the context you're under here. Enjoy the game all you want, but if you want to have an actual discussion you're not going to get anywhere with that mentality because you don't want to hear an alternative viewpoint.

You have missed the point so hard I don't know where to begin.

I'm not missing anything. If you want to have 3D world as your favorite then go ahead. But don't whine when others call it shit for plenty of reasons. Like I said elaborate or stop posting. You're sound like you're trying to damage control more than anything at this point.

I'm actually just leading you on because you seemed like a fun target. I genuinley surprised that you don't get this though. It's not a hard concept.

I get it. It just doesn't apply here. And you should know better than to say you were pretending to be retarded.

It's not so much that I was pretending. Sometimes I just like to take an argument and run with it. See where it goes. See if I can convince myself to believe it. It's fun, you know.
I think I convinced myself this time. I am right about this. You won't concede though. You don't like giving up the sense of authority you get from being "factually correct".

So you're damage controlling then and trying not to seem retarded. If you were so convinced you'de have stopped posting an hour ago. Not sound like a clueless nag. You've said nothing to counter my arguments, just say that I'm wrong. That's not how things work but maybe you'll grow out of it. But if you're so deadset in your ways then you can stop replying at any time and agree to disagree.

Also 3D world is a mediocre game and you have shit taste.

I could tell you I'm not but you'll believe what you want to believe. I don't have a reputation to uphold. You can imagine me shitting my pants if it makes you happy.
Would that make you happy?

The only thing I'm not happy about is how you're talking about shitting your pants on a board meant for video games. But if you think banter and discussion shouldn't exist here then feel free to try out our prior website from some years back. Or better yet, Reddit. Where discussing video games isn't a concern.

You realise you're not going to shame me into behaving the way your want by naming a website you don't like. I'm anonymous here. I have no reputation. You have absolutely no power to socially shame me.

ROSALINA IS BEST GIRL IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE GAY

I'll be honest, I have hardcore autism. Like real bad. You might say what I'm doing here is testing out social interaction from a safe distance. Poking and prodding and seeing what happens.

No but I have all the power to call your taste shit and tell you to go to those websites. I'm not shaming you, I'm calling you factually wrong and to get over it which you apparently can't do. The only shame you'de feel is from yourself so you're probably projecting really fucking bad right now. You're also committed to replying to my posts despite saying otherwise. Go on keep posting. Or save me time explaining things to a mentally deficient and prove me wrong.

There's that word again. Your ego really depends on that one doesn't it. I bet you were a smart kid in school who never achieved anything later in life. You need to be factually correct because that's all you ever had. That's your whole identity.

Is that why you're still butthurt about being wrong and can't stop posting? Like I thought, you're still projecting. Also nice video game discussion faggot. Get over it or do the sensible thing and quit posting.

The proceeding thread has been a performance art piece. I hope you all had fun.

Keep posting lol

Nah. I'm done now.

Good, maybe video games will start being discussed now.

Pfft. Not in this thread. I did a number on it.

Then keep posting

So once again Mario inspires autism.
But this time it's not the fun kind like in that other thread.

Which was that?

Not that guy but I really do.
Galaxy was a horrible disappointment.

I traded that shit in pretty fucking fast because it was crap. Seriously, the linearity of galaxy has fucked the 3D games and unless oddesy goes back to the more free roam of 64/sunshine, they might as well just fucking stop makin the 3d games.

I don't really like how it controls. It feels like a Mario Party minigame. The 3D games let you do a lot more stylish things.

ROSALINA IS WORST GIRL IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE AUTISTIC

I'm autistic

I dunno, user, maybe they're just doing it on reflex. Looks pretty fun to me.

My negro, I had that shit on PC but I never got around to finishing it.

In most Mario games, most of the levels have a special gimmick that none of the others have, but in this one, almost every level has a gimmick that makes it unique and memorable.

That's what I like the most about it. It has its flaws too, yes.

I had a good time playing through it in co-op with my brother. I think of it more like they took the 2d mario games and made it 3d, whereas the more freeform 3d mario games are their own thing. Was pretty consistently impressed by how cute the levels were, especially the food tileset. Never before has a level in a videogame made me more hungry than when you're hopping around on platforms made of cake and cookies.

As a follow up to the Galaxy games, yes it was dissapointing.
As a sequel to the 3D Land game, it was an impressive mark up.
I really liked it, but maybe that's just me speaking from my pirated copy.

Basically this. NSMB on DS felt uninspired, like they assembled the components of what they thought a Mario game should be. Didn't have any soul. I recently played through Super Mario World and am playing Mario 64 now and they're still great, though easy.

if you love course-clear Mario so much, why not just play the traditional games?

getting sick of 3D Mario being pandered to Wii audience shit as Miyamoto confirmed why he went to this direction for it's time

(HH)

That's a pretty good explanation of it. It's half way between the two style of games and becomes sort of meh because of it. I wouldn't class it as a bad game per se, but it just doesn't feel quite right somehow.

This one

Nothing, this game does level design better than almost every other 3d Platformer and is only surpassed by other Mario 3d platformers. Mechanically the limited controls work well within the game itself and the game doesn't fall into the folly of padding out it's 3d platforming oriented design with levels that aren't platforming or levels that are 2d like another platformer that gets infinite praise but is infinitely weaker in every way. Even levels that are kind of spinoffs like Plessie and the few gimmick levels like the shooter one are very well designed and meld with the core gameplay seamlessley, the only levels that really pull away from the core gameplay are the boss fights and Captain Toad levels which are great in their own right. I'd say compared to other Mario games it seems meek and safe, but realistically it's anything but, it's approach to story telling in a Mario game is near perfect and the Bowser theme within the game is the best Bowser theme out of any, it perfectly captures Bowser's less evil and more menacing character. The Final Boss fight is easily one of the best ever, a boss fight all about platforming is something that absolutely works and I think it could be done better again.

Maybe you could consider 3d World meek in the sense that it's yet another excellent 3d platformer in a long line of excellent 3d platformers, so in that sense it doesn't really standout.

Any game would feel like a step backwards from Galaxy.

Pretty much this. It's kind of bizzare how hardware is getting better and better, yet Mario games are becoming more and more limited in a gameplay sense. I hope Odyssey breaks the trend.

I can't wait to see how Odyssey turns out, it should be a great way to end what has already been a pretty great year.

I don't hate it, but it does have flaws.
It's just a mishmash of things without a consistent whole.

What did you fap to?

Another homosexual, eh? Into the furnace you go

Because 3D World isn't just 2D Mario in three dimensions. It takes a lot from those games, but it also has it's own feel. And NSMB is lazy shit. Start putting the kind of effort into those games that goes into 3D Mario or a good 2D platformer like Tropical Freeze, and maybe I'll want to play them.

I had a femboy with her lips suck my cock and it felt like heaven holy shit they were so fucking p l u m p!!

I wish Spark sold better, such a good game.

No it's hated because it's boring rehashed garbage with piss easy shit level design.

Fucking get off Holla Forums, autists