STALKER THREAD!

STALKER THREAD!

The last thread was excellent, let's repeat this.

Enjoy the ensuing discussions and shiposts.

Other urls found in this thread:

metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_id=23742&page=2&sec_id=11&offset=0
ap-pro.ru/forum/119-89102-1
mega.nz/#!FENTRajQ!cGzv8PPVzJ9M2gnHS-ajIdQYHMTunm1LC8MszDL3iQw
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html#Guns
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Posting this for posterity.

Why don't I like this game? I see the appeal, it seems 100% up my alley as far as gameplay and atmosphere goes, but I just find myself uttery fucking bored with it a couple hours in from my half-dozen attempts. What am I missing, stalkers?

Give some more details. At what point do you get bored? What did you do up until then?

Try again. Most people who play STALKER take a bit to get into it.

The earliest I quit was after heading through that crescent-moon shaped underground tunnel where you meet your first bloodsucker. The latest was after helping a Duty captain raid a town filled with Freedom/Bandits (I don't remember).

Maybe I'm trying to force it into the wrong lens. I bought this game after high praise from anons as well as playing lots of New Vegas - wandering around a desolate wasteland and shooting bandits and weird radiated creatures in a simultaneously creepy/comfy environment while trying to solve an intriguing mystery? Yes please. I loved the X-2 lab (I think that was what it was called, the one with the pyro ghosts or some shit) as that really drew me in and was just excellent all around. I felt really connected and invested with that part, but after it was over that went away nearly instantly. Everything else besides that was just kind of dull and I wasn't interested.

I don't know what track this is sampled from, but fuck is it really good

Your earliest was after Agropom underground and the latest was helping the Dutiers raid the Freedom base in the Army Warehouses. Note that raiding Freedom's base is completely optional, and that doing so will likely make things harder on you.
It's ok if you don't feel like finishing it, SoC just becomes tactical Rambo in the long run. I got as far as a small distance inside of the Chernobyl NPP trying to push through all the fucking Monolith Exosuits with 9x39mm guns while listening to the geiger counter click constantly.
It's just my suggestion, but when you feel like you've had enough, you can look up the endings and important things on the Stalker wikia.

I agree. I wish I knew what movie the clip in it was from.

Perhaps you really went in with the wrong mindset.
When you play Stalker, you just have to let loose. Take in the atmosphere and unleash your inner slav. Listen to the sound around you. Do something dangerous, beat the odds and return to a comfy bonfire. Listen to some soothing guitar tracks.
Stalker is the only game that I genuinely get sucked in to. When I play it, I don't really feel like i'm playing vidya. It's the highest degree of immersion I can attain in vidya.
I won't spoil it but the story is actually really good. Any of The endings forces you to reevaluate the whole game and the way you thought of it.

Next time, please spoilers things like the lab. You shouldn't spoil the discovery for other anons.

As said though, it's not actually necessary to finish the game, although it's highly recommended.
Just try and enjoy it I suppose.

Because you're a casual.

Life in the Zone.

Someone post the picture with different challenge for CoC.

its in the embed

its from Bespredel 1989

is the movie any good?

Didn't think I'd get a source to either the film or the song. Thanks a bunch, user

These bother me a lot for some reason.

Anyone else get big slav feels in stalker? The melancholy industrial dilapidation and atmosphere/idea of the Zone give me esoteric tingles that I can't explain.

Also was the last thread this slow?

No, not at all. I'm a bit upset that this one is.

wasn't stalker made in russia? of course it's slav. the book is russian too and the game ukraini. it is a slav franchise which is upsetting that bethesda will make the next game.

I know every iteration was made by slavs but I was just referring to the very specific emotions it invokes

Please don't make jokes like that

Also Roadside Picnic and the Tarkovsky movie are top tier

I was talking about the speed of the thread. I should've made that obvious.

At least we are bumping anyway

just finished SOC for the first time
what a ride
going through pripyat at the end was pretty coool but fuck the cluster fuck that was the fight out in front of the station. miltary and monolith going batshit ended up just sprinting the whole way thru due to how little ammo i had
favourite gun has to be the fn f2000
such a comfy game

clear sky next or call of pripyat??

Go with CoP

Clear Sky is just an inferior version of SoC

WEEEEEW LAAAAAAADDD
WEEEEEW LAAAAAAADDD
thats how I listen this song

bamp

So will the implement squatting then?

Do not listen to
CS and CoP are vastly inferior to SoC, so it's worth it to play both. That you you get the maximum amount of stalking.
The only reason CoP is so popular is because it can be modded out the wazoo.

Call of Misery is so fucking retarded sometimes.

That's what you get for going into the red forst.

STALKER is the only game that is able to capture the mysterious Russian soul

Go with CS lad, it has shit worth knowing story and lore wise.
And it won't hurt too much

Thats what you get for playing mods designed by RedditSouls/Brutal Doom tier fanbase retards.

I unironically think Brutal Doom is a complete upgrade to Doom in every way, and think Dark Souls 1 is one of the best ARPGs ever created.

I think Misery for CoP is pretty good, CoM on the other hand can get pretty crazy.

I've played all the games out the wazoo a dozen times over and misery's unpredictability makes it worth playing again, to me anyways.

Fukushima STALKER when?

I want a brand new Exclusion Zone with Japanese style horror elements.

I don't see why another Zone would develop theming all of a sudden.

It wouldn't be stalker then.

I'd really like to see something like this but possibly not done in the Stalker way

surprisingly there's a lot of stalkan pics on pixiv

Hello Reddit

Jesus christ, if you really can't see how BD fucks up Doom then you never really played Doom at all. I like both, but BD is a completely different experience that honestly sometimes doesn't know what it's doing.

Fuck, I don't know. Maybe the Noosphere alters reality partially by basing itself on the populaces collective fears. Both folklore and modern, urban ideas of horror could manifest, as well as good old banditry and stalkan.

That's retarded. There weren't any Russian/Ukrainian folklore mutants so why would there suddenly be Japanese ones if a Zone appeared in Japan?

No, folklore-themed mutants and creatures just wouldn't be S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

It was just an idea. If a Zone were to spawn somewhere else in the world it's only reasonable to think that mutants and anomalies would have some differences. I agree that if you're going to base it on culture or whatever it would work better in a different setting.

Holy shit me too!

Be afraid of pyrogeists.

you should probably kill your family, then yourself.

so guy do you remember in what order must the addons of COP be installed? I don't remember how the hell it was.

I am using JGME, but still I don't remember if it was the armors pack before the Dr. X addons.

And by the way. I just found this in the capital of my country, at 8 dls. Fucking hell was the only one in the store. An probably is only one in existance in the whole city. I already watched it before. But now at least with decent quality. I don't know if there is BlueRay versions of it.

excuse my spelling hahaa

You wanna put it on MEGA for us?

its sub in spanish bro

I suppose that nobody is poor who has friends, but god damn that was a lot of shooters and rubles I abandoned.

dude just fucking bank the loot at the moment, there is not need to hide. To everything else, there is the F1 to take care off.

Here is my guide. (You need to read it with a THICK russian accent for maximum cheeki breeki experience)

1. Identify problem (Numerous group of enemy stalker, for example).
2. Press 4 change to grenade type weapons.
3. Press Y until you equip yourself with F1 Type grenade.
4. Aim to the problem.
5. Press left click on the mouse
6. RUN AS FAST AS POSSIBLE FROM THE KILL ZONE OR FIND COVER (a good one)
7. GRANATO!!!!!!
8. BOOM!
9 If stalker radar counts 0, problem is solved, if not, repeat from step 1.

I have never used grenades in all of my hundreds of hours with STALKER games. Not thrown ones and not launched ones. Shooters only.
I don't know why I've chosen this path, but it's the path I'm on. I also use only knife or pistol for mutants and rifles/shotguns for other stalkers.
I'm just stingy, I think. Why throw a grenade when I can sell it? I sell most of my ammo and artifacts, too. The only artifacts I wear are ones that soak radiation. The rest are just too valuable to waste on myself when they could instead be turned into money.

Besides, on Master, you only really need one or two bullets to put any other stalker down. Mutants are more of a problem, but the knife makes short work of anything other than pseudogiants. For pseudogiants, I usually kite them into packs of other stalkers and wait for them to take it down, then run in and grab the parts.

the game gives you everything for free, weapons, ammo, supplies, there is not need for money after sometime. You are just a greedy jew. Stalker is a game when your true personalities arise.

I like to buy the premium stuff from nimble, and then upgrade it to max. That requires about a million rubles.

Still looking for good quality DLs of the STALKER OSTs (primarily the Firelake vocal tracks)

What is your experience with World War Zone?

I thought radiation fucking with genes was exaggerated until I started reading up on the CNPP incident.
Nuclear fallout effects on animals is spooky.

Probably one of the most satisfying Ironman run.

How far did you get? If you got bored before the first lab try again, if it was after the lab try Call of Pripyat: you'll probably like the way it's structured more (you can always come back to SoC afterwards). If you get bored of CoP too then maybe STALKER just isn't the series for you.

Ukraine, where the real life Zone is (that they visited as part of research for the game, shit took 7+ years to make and all). Friendly reminder that visiting the Zone in real life is something every user should do, it's top of my list of places to go along with Cuenca and Bovington.

Slow but high quality > fast and shit. Also I know a few of the regular stalker anons were playing Xonotic over the weekend, that won't help with speed.

Duty > Freedom user, bloodsuckers are for purging and not fucking alternatively purging then fucking, I suppose.

But Doom was my first FPS on the snes :^). The move from the hitscan shitfest of vanilla to projectiles in BD gives the game a truly massive amount of depth, and drastically raises the skill ceiling.

man, you're missing out. they're great for clearing rooms, smoking out assholes hiding in cover, SAVING ammo when dealing with big angry things like chimeras and pseudogiants, they'll fuck up entire squads if you aim them right. Nothing better than dusting 6+ guys with one nade.

shotguns for mutants. infinitely more efficient than grenades.

What is a grenade if not a large, omnidirectional shotgun shell, though?

Finished Metro 2035 a few weeks ago. Took a turn for the weird, but I think I enjoyed how it went.

Very edgy. We're all very impressed.

I just started with SoC and I keep fucking everything up. How do I not suck ass at videogames?

put it on the hardest difficulty. It actually makes it easier because your bullets do more damage too.

I play CoM and grenades launched or thrown save my ass fairly damn often. Especially launched ones. Just pick one kind to keep a few of for emergencies and sell the rest. Same with mines keep one or two of the little green mines for dealing with invisible tentacle niggers running around if you are near a building. Quicksave drop it in the entrance and hide till bang.

is this already included in CoM? That sounds cool af but i havent seen anything like it so far.

And do gas canisters and powder cans not explode for anyone else in CoM?

Do this
But prepare to keep getting fucked up anyways until you get some decent armor and a decent rifle. As for your skills, don't worry. The Zone will straighten you out soon enough, stalker.

hey look its halfchans kys guy. can i kys myself as well?

Also i just had an idea. What if stamina affected reload speed? And is anyone else annoyed by how slowly shotguns reload ffs?

Stalker sux.

How's DRX dynamic faction relation? Does the relation change quite often? I kinda want to install that mod but i'm afraid of getting raped while trying to check out merc's store and suddenly loner and mercs declared war on eachother.

CoC lists vehicles as a feature. Where do I find one?

And are they in CoM?

How about I rip your goddamn soul out and take a shit on it then proceed to shove it down your throat and watch you choke to death on it? Or would you prefer that I tear your dick off and stab you in the face with it until your head and my hand morph into a soggy, sagging lump of ground up flesh? I can also offer to decapitate you and shove your head down the remains of your throat in such a way that your dead body will begin digesting it just fast enough for you to literally shit your own head out. From the above options please choose three. Also mod the fuck out of CoP you normalfag scum lord fagster king cunt fuck lord of all gays in this dimension. You are the thing that should not be.

Found Firelake's official site had good quality for Dirge for the Planet, Against the Ionized Odds and Fighting Unknown. Would still like Live to Forget.

At least you're not too squat to tall properly.

True but I'd argue the last one was fast and good quality.
That would explain it. Although I must say that a whole bunch of threads recently seemed to bring up Stalker quite often.
I'm just glad this thread is still alive and that people seem to be enjoying the game.

You are 100% correct. Anyone who disagrees is a nigger.
Freedom consists of potheads and other degenerates just hanging out with nothing but purely opportunistic reason.

I do wish to visit the zone someday. I hear it's pretty easy these days since they offer convenient tours and such. It's a tourist attraction now.

I call bullshit on this.
I'm 1,85 cm tall and I can squat. People taller than me can do it too.
You might just be a fucking wimp who lacks squat muscles.

Okay, round 7. I'm doing like other anons say and soaking it in instead of just trying to run through it like a corridor FPS or aRPG. Having some fun, and using my PDA proplery for what seems like the first time. Short Barrel Shotty with slugs are wrecking these wild dogs.

Quick question though - how do you get your diary entries to stay read? I click on all of them, turning them green to gray so when I get a new one I don't have to search and just click the green one. However every time I close my PDA it resets all messages to green again. Is this just Slav PDA or is there a way to make sure read messages stay marked as such?

I got to admit I'm 6'3" (190 in queer) and squatting with heels flat is hard for me too. Heels up no problem. The issue is my legs are so fucking long they screw up the balance.

200cm here, though the user's link to that video earlier has shown me proper footing, making it much easier to rest on my heels.

That's fucking great

Exact same height and I can squat on my heels just fine. git gud cyka

What ratio are your legs to the rest of your body?
From the sole of my feet to the waist are 108cm.
that makes my legs 54% of my height. I've always had long legs yet, it's no problem.
I also did it with heels up until now but then I saw just now. I just tried it flat and it was even easier. You really have to go down. Let your thigh rest on your calf. It actually becomes a pretty relaxing way to be in one place from what I can tell.
Heeled takes its toll on the foot over time, this felt really good though. No strain anywhere.

As and indicate, you seem to need to git good.

My legs are roughly 48% of my height, it seems that when I slavsquat my upper body weight is much greater than my legs can support. Time to lose a few dozen pounds I guess, off to /fit/ I go

how monstrously obese are you anons? im taller than that and squat on heels just fine.

another one

yeah I'm half leg, and trust me I can do it heel flat but not in boots and I wear boots

half leg?

can someone plz cheer me up with some dank stalker memes?

Not a bad idea.
I'd recommend you simply start going to a gym with a friend. Going with a pal can really help with the motivation needed early on.
Also talk with a trainer on location. They'll usually be able to help you with making a routine and helping with your diet.
Go three times a week. Be dedicated. You shouldn't be overweight, user. It's not good for your. Some day you can squat.

That is funny and very upsetting.

What sort of moron are you?
On a serious note, it shouldn't be a problem with boots either. It's weird to think you are real people. Are you overweight? That would perhaps explain it.
If you're lean, fit or average, I wouldn't understand though.

A Criterion-restored Blu-Ray version is coming out very soon.

Just like me.
I used to be more skinny than fat but still slightly skinny fat.
user, why aren't you improving yourself? You only live once. You only have this one body and it's not eternal. Put in some effort into it. It can be far better than it currently is.
Heck, I'm going to the gym today, for the second time this week. Why aren't you?
Seems like people on Holla Forums are less fit than people on Holla Forums. I never thought I'd find this out.
Other anons cheering you up with funny Stalker memes won't make you better. Only you can do that, faggot. It'll take years but it'll be worth. Stop being a queer.

Will it look better than the HD one available on youtube?

I'm about 185 cm last time i checked and when i squat it's always heels flat, you fucks are too fat.

It's a bug, leave it be.

Doesn't she scream rape at you?

Reminds me of the guy who told us the story of his grandma or mom looking like a burer.

The suspense is killing me. As I headed for Yanov station through the Red Forest I encountered a huge load of nothing in there, no bloodsuckers.

i cant afford a gym membership but i am getting a minor amount of cardio in from work. And my arms are killing me from mopping floors hard as i can as well. Just started this shit so im wondering what changes il see in the next few months.

nah shes acutally pretty chill. she mightbe a bit large (ok massive) but shes not deluded herself into full blown red haired "im reading fuckface" levels of autism. and yes she really does look like a burer il post a pick from halloween if i can find it. idgaf about being doxed at this stage

is the bloodsucker den from call of pricky-hat still full of them? im at the station as well and i wanna go massacre them with muh protecta out of nostalgia

has anyone tested if the hunters kit really makes that much of a difference? is it worth the weight?

Barely anything. It's just mopping the floor. Go do bodyweight stuff, pushups pull-ups bodyweight squats are alright if you're a complete newb. Or alternatively, slav it up and make your own DIY shitweights.
Don't actually do that last part if you don't know how, don't kill yourself nigga

does a milk bottle full of sand sound safe enough? also im expected to mop the fuck outta out this place. shits dirty yo.

I've already done the whole fit thing user, lost ~70ish pounds in half a year from a nice starvation diet with intense cardio went from skinnyfat to skeletonAIDStier, people thought I was terminally ill, and managed to keep it all off for a whole year until I got a new job that required me to drink booze and eat charcuterie basically every day, and I slipped back into pigging out. You still couldn't tell I was fat due to my height, but whenever I bend sideways lately and feel the fat rolls accumulating on my ribs it bothers me a lot. I've been thinking it's time for Round 2, but this time without losing muscle in addition to fat.

Sorry for the 4am post, on topic - do enemies get bullet spongy at higher difficulties, or does the game become 1HK hardcore for both player and NPC? Currently playing on stalker difficulty

Yeah, I was more talking about making your own weights and squat rack and whatnot.
I'd say do the bodyweight exercises on their own first, shits hard when you aren't in shape. Try filling a backpack full of heavy stuff and doing the same exercises with it.

*after things become too easy

Better delete your save and start again on Master, it's not 1HK but at least headshotting enemies will be an instant kill.

it leans toward it but yeh they become way less bullet absorbent and so do you. Mod it later with misery or what ever and you will see some real 1hking all the damn time

Does switching the difficulty in the options menu not work?

It doesn't matter, starting at master from scratch is how you must wash away the shame.

Nice, a stalker thread.

Weebs please kill yourselves thx.

Don't do that, Misery is the worst mod that has ever been made it's retarded. The cooking and artifact container stuffs are neat though.

I wear jeans and boots. I'm american and this place is dirty and muddy when it isn't snowing so I wear sturdy stuff.

That is oddly scary.

Are you certain? Is your income that low?
Do what said then. Do body weight exercises. They're anyway great for beginner strength. Depending on how you weak you were, you might see some improvement from the mopping. Don't expect much though.

becoming thin/ lean != becoming fit
You see, once you have lost the weight you want, you want to gain muscle. From that point on it's GOOD to eat a lot. I eat ca. 2 kg of food daily. What matters is the proportions of carbohydrates, protein and fat that you intake. As long as you exercise and eat the right ratio, you can't eat too much. It all goes into your muscles.
I don't know how viable it is to loose weight while gaining muscle, since the diets are total opposites to one another.
Best of luck to you though. I hope you get in shape and stay that way.

As to you vidya question:
ONLY PLAY ON MASTER DIFFICULTY.
Everything else is shit and shouldn't even be an option in the game. It doesn't become 1HK but thhe damage model is pretty acceptable. Headshots are instant kills.

Is that real?

Basically this
Do it right or not at all.

user, you seem to have missed the joke. I don't know what you wear, yet I said "with your tracksuit". Need I elaborate?
I don't even have a tracksuit. I'm not a slav.

yeah, you're right. I always said I was going to go lean, then phase 2 was getting A E S T H E T I C, but that never happened despite my half-dozen half assed attempts at bulking. Now I'm in an even worse position than before, since now I'm back at my old weight and eating habits, but now I'm addicted to beer and cigarettes in addition which I didn't have to worry about the first time. I just need to spark up the old motivation, looking at the FPH threads on /fit/ right now is a blast from the past and serves as a great motivator. My last journey to shedding unbelievable amounts of fat superfast began with a /fit/ OP in which I was called a worthless faggot more times than I could count; time to set my situation in stone and resolve to do it again. Putting it all out there really woke me up and motivated me in a way that simply realizing my situation doesn't.I just want to ride my bike 15 miles without getting winded like I used to a couple years back - I know I have to quit the cigs in addition to losing the belly fat that is pressing on my lungs. Time to do somethingtomorrow

Well I'm only a couple hours into this playthrough, may as well scrap it. Here goes STALKER attempt #8

i dunno about the pic but i hope so. and yep im dindu poor

see

also a little off topic but for those who have stalker on steam who has the most hours (ie who is the least well rounded individual among us)?

Well, good luck with that. If you can find a pal to go to the gym with, it might help with the motivation.
While these days I have fun when I go to the gym, here are some things that motivate me:
>boku no hero academia
>shows in which characters struggle and are rewarded for their struggle
Boku no hero academia is currently the best at that. Surprisingly motivational stuff. The turnaround msuic from the OST "you say run" is my alarm clock. Gets me pumped from the moment I awake.

you must hate future diary

How is the STCoP weapon pack? Last time I played CoC right when it was released I used AO. Is STCoP better?

I have yet to play it. That post was a reply to me by a kind user in the last thread.
Maybe he, or someone else, can help you out.

I have not seen it yet. It's on my list but it doesn't look particularly good (or bad). I'll just watch it because of its memetic value.
What can I say though. This is life as a fascist, right`?
Part of the reason why things like vidya and the gym are so fulfilling, is because you put in effort and are rewarded in some way, shape or form.

Believe me, I'm going to start carrying nades now. I've had too many close calls and been cornered too many times with my ammo running dry.
Just last night the Military commander in Agroprom sent me on a mission to assassinate a Monolith sniper in Chernobyl NPP. Everything looked clear, and the area is massive and wide open, so I got overconfident as I approached the target. Of course, Monolith demons grew out of the ground like weeds and swarmed me from all sides. Well, after a while all I had left was my dragunov with a built-in 6x scope against enemies charging around my flanks at mid-to-close range. I can happily report that the hip-fire accuracy of the SVD exceeds expectations, and I took down my target at a flat-run for the zone exit and made it out alive.
Even after turning off the Miracle Machine, miracles can happen.

I don't know if CoM has a compatibility patch for DrX Dynamic Faction Relations, but if it does then I do highly recommend it.
Again, I'm not playing CoM but CoC, but they're behaving oddly for me as well. I have to shoot them more times than feels necessary, and then there's about a 10 second delay before they suddenly explode without any indication that they're cooking.

Well I downloaded STCoP this time because AO didn't really tickle my 'tism when I used it. I'll report on it.

Is there a list of guns in STCoP? I wanna compare what's missing from AO because i love me a massive list of gun in my game.

when you say 'the warfare mod' which one is that again?

Let this be a lesson for any greenhorns out there - the zone knows when you are feeling good, and it will come for you.

Relation changes whenever you, or any other member of any faction, kills things within detection range of anybody else.
So if you kill a bunch of bandits within a certain range of loners, your reputation with loners goes up a bit. The range is questionable, but it's the same range that people pop up on the radio with "Hey, I just saw some Duty shooting at a Bandit" - they're always half a map away and absolutely couldn't have seen anything, but I guess the increased range makes it more interesting.
It tallies by points, which you can see in your PDA, and your personal reputation is directly tied to your factions - every change that you make is reflected upon everybody wearing your uniform. Killing that Military squad because they look like they've got good gear could easily start a war between Military and Duty.

It's not bait, I think stalker really sux.

So if i start out as a loner do i get grouped with loners or regarded as one?

Then why are you here?

You get grouped with loners.
If you do something to affect your reputation, all loner reputation changes to match.
If loner NPCs do something to affect their reputation, your reputation changes to match.
Barring massive chaotic area battles, your own actions typically have a larger effect on reputation than the NPCs, but every once in a while shit goes down, so keep an eye on it. You don't want to walk into a base thinking you're neutral, when your buddies pissed them off a few hours ago.
Also keep in mind that all reps are linked as you'd expect. Killing a member of Faction A reduces rep for all friends of Faction A at about half of the rate that Faction A's rep dropped. By killing too many Freedoms, I ended up making Duty and Ecologists enemies for a while, which made Yantar a massive pain in the ass.

Depends. In SoC, yes. Essentially, you deal less damage and enemies deal more as the difficulties increase (weapon damage is lowered for everyone, but the player's base resistances are drastically reduced, and your chance to "dodge" shots is reduced, which means you take far more damage despite the globally lowered weapon damage). In CS and CoP, weapon damage is static, but the other two effects are in play.

I thought it was opposite.
On Master, weapon damage is maximized across the board for both you and enemies. You can kill them in one hit, and they can kill you in one hit. On Novice, it takes a long time to kill anyone, and they take a long time to kill you too.
That's at least how I remember it being a long time ago.

No, not at all. That's a really common myth. Pic related is how the weapon damage works in SoC.
Enemies can soak an obscene amount of damage on Master. Roughly 30% more than they can on Novice. Now there's also time_to_aim which really takes the damage sponge shit to the next level. So how that works is let's say your weapon has a time_to_aim of 1. That means that when you hit an enemy, that specific hitbox gets a massive damage reduction for the duration of time_to_aim (in this example, 1 second). This is why when enemies are aiming at you (with their arms obscuring most of their chest), they can seemingly eat entire magazines if you don't shoot them in the head; because their forearm already has an absurdly low damage multiplier (-80%), and then you're running up against the time_to_aim artificial damage reduction. time_to_aim is why there's still some people that think that the flinching/damaged state animations actual convey invulnerability frames.

Oh wow, damn. I've been totally oblivious to this, but it probably explains why I exclusively go for headshots in Stalker, whereas I generally aim center of mass in other shooter type games. I'd definitely noticed that enemies in exosuits took forever to take down no matter what, but I'd thought it was just the suit and not some added sponge on top of it.
That's good to know. In fact, I might just tweak that and reverse it for good measure. I like the idea of Master being an even-keeled ride down the knife's edge, and it might be interesting to actually experience it now.

I guess i'm going to skip that mod for now.

So what's the difficulty i should choose if i want a realistic/fair game?

Setting time_to_aim to 0 in each weapon ltx will greatly reduce how spongy enemies are, without fucking with the player's defense (only NPCs get the TTA damage reduction).

You won't get 'realistic' in vanilla on any difficulty, and even modded you'll need to take it to the next level with tweaks since all of them have some problems that need to be corrected. You can make it somewhat fair by doing the above and setting time_to_aim to 0 for each weapon and playing on master. You'll still arbitrarily take more damage than enemies do, even wearing equal gear, but it preserves the feel of vanilla while removing some of the tedium.

With AO3 that's a shitload of files to tweak, but fuck it I'm going to do it.
That's fine. Taking a bullet to the chest and having the health drop to near zero with a red bleed feels right, anyway, so that's fine. I don't play on hardcore, so autosaves keep the occasional headshot insta-kills from feeling overbearing, and they're honestly fair as well.

Speaking of ironman, this new version of CoC has something called Azazel Mode, where you start as another random stalker when you die. Is that any good? I'm assuming your gear doesn't carry over, but is the mode simply a way to restart after dying without having to exit to the main menu every time, or what?

Master reduces the time to kill of enemies either you want to believe it or not.

Get notepad++ and you can knock that shit out in less than a minute.

If you were using STCoP, I'd just say to use my damage tweak with the accuracy profile that amps that shit up to milsim combat.

Depends what your goal is with ironmeme. There's some bugs, like dying and spawning in bleeding to death, spawning while standing in lethal radiation with no anti-rads, etc, but it's okay.

>spouting memes that have been disproved for years
Shit nigga, what are you doing? Go over to /sg/ and you'll get dogpiled by 100+ anons shitting on you for being a brain damaged retard.

Holy shit you absolute madman, God bless your soul, upload it when you're done yeah?

>Not >>>/stalker/
What a fag, half the fucking shots don't even register on Stalker difficulty, why you should always play on Master.

Anyone who has played this game for a considerable amount of time will tell you the same, one way or the other Master difficulty makes the kilm time of enemies much faster.

>Not >>>/stalker/
A dead board that doesn't exist?

My AO3 has previously been patched for compatibility by another mod, so I don't know if it would work for you. I also tried out another AO3 config that overwrote a bunch of the files, and then reverted, but I'm not sure if the reversion was 100%. Basically, my files have been mucked with, so I don't know if you really want them.
It only took 5 minutes using the method here so I recommend just biting the bullet and doing that. It's completely painless.

Better than an imageboard about
At least it was actually Stalker related before dying.
gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_id=23742&page=2&sec_id=11&offset=0

Read the website, because you're wrong, and I know that you know you're wrong. There's a reason why this is in the sticky of /sg/, and every time someone comes in and starts shitposting about enemies dying faster on master, they get told to read the sticky and fuck off.

But they do you minge
Playing on two different vanilla save files and comparing how long it takes to drop the bandits on the firsg fucking mission should be more than enough.
Either you like it or not there is a variable or variables tied to the difficulty setting that decreases the time you need to spend shooting an NPC.
This shit is visible firsthand a
>>>/back/ to your circlejerk faggot

You literally just linked a post that definitively proved you wrong about:
Pic very related. Yet instead of manning up and admitting you were wrong, you're still blathering on and on as if that didn't just happen minutes ago. This will be your last (You), but I'm glad we had this little back and forth for the sake of other anons, who can see definitive proof that you're full of shit and should be filtered.

Is moddb still where everyone posts the latest patches and mods for CoC? Shitty site is down right now and I want to get cheeki.

nevermind it's back up again

Does CoM remove many features from CoC and what good CoC addons are compatible with it?

Missing some things (based on a slightly older version of CoC), but adds many new things.
This thread should have you covered for everything CoM related (use a machine translator of your choosing if you can't read slavrunes): ap-pro.ru/forum/119-89102-1

thankyou very much anony. now must ask which is better the armed zone or arse-and-hole overhaul? or are compatible with each other?

Lost Alpha directors cut comes out in a couple days. (first update in 2 years)

Why do you guys hate Lost Alpha again? I got to Pripyat and its pretty good

i dunt remember either. I can remember the un-possibly shit vehicle handling though and then being dissappointed by not having a viable way to drag loot around other than the old fashioned way.

I remember being able to put stuff into the trunk of your cars.

Both are weapon overhauls, so that's going to be a strictly pick one type of situation unless you're down for manually merging them. I have no idea which one is better.

yeah but they where entirely incontrollable irc

OK the deal with that was they made the starter car EXTREMELY light and it flipped if a piece of paper blew onto it. every other vehicle handles pretty well, including the APC which shoots its turret too

theres like 2 maps that are pretty much unplayable or would take hours to cross if you didnt have a vehicle and its pretty good, except if you break down or run out of gass.

yes, all cars can be used as a moving stash with unlimited space, but if the car gets destroyed, its all lost. You CAN repair it at literally no cost, but depending on the vehicle, it could take damage more than others.

any idea if arsenal overhual has a sweet grenade launcher like the one in the screen cap for armed zone on da page?

How do you feel about revolvers in the STALKER setting? Do they fit the cheeki slav environment at all? The only revolver I've seen was a .357 one in Misery, although I've not played any big weapon pack mods.

Haven't played AO in a few months, and I was never a fan of grenade launchers, so I don't know if there's an M79, but it has the RG-6.

Are there any gore addons/mods that are compatible with CoM or misery?

Anyone tried to do CoC on ironman with a set of challenges you have to complete? makes the game more interesting if you do a general rule and then a faction specific one or two

Robopocalypse soon fellow robostalker.

Dunno, I'm a nofuns with barely any knowledge on guns. but if you're strictly talking about the setting then it doesn't seem like something a lot of stalkers would bother to use considering any other gun would do the job as well with more capacity.
The idea of a couple of ocelot-tier slavs running around the Zone is pretty funny though.

You could probably work a nagant into the setting. Might be cool since it's one of the few revolvers that can use a suppressor.
I wouldn't share ammo with anything though.

While it's true I don't share ammo, what I meant to type was "It wouldn't".

I'm not arguing that the player damage/probability values are changed due to the difficulty you autistic minge.
I'm arguing that it changes certain unknown variables that make it visible that the time to kill is decreased.

And how am I wrong?
Half the fucking shots from the NPCs don't register if you're not playing on Master, why you can see tracer rounds hitting you directly and not doing a fucking thing due to low hit probability.

NPC time to kill is lowered with difficulty increased to Master without affecting damage/probability values, but it is visibly apparent that it is decreased.
And if you compare both Stalker and Master difficulty gameplay you can easily spot that.

Thats cuckchan /vg/ for you

This is reddit.

I don't even know what the story for these games would be, and I don't know if they're ultimately be as interesting to play in the end, but I'd love to fuck around in different settings with the same basic gameplay.
The Zone also gets too dreary and gloomy for me sometimes. I don't mind all the murder and the horror and the monsters and the deadly anomalies and all that, but how about a special type of blowout that covers the zone in bright blue skies, rainbows and butterflies for a few days?

What the fuck Ivan

user, the site probably ate his post or the faggot captcha fucked him somehow. We all make mistakes.

No, he clicked post, decided to add another spergy, misplaced jab in at the end, realized he couldn't edit his post, deleted it, and then re-posted.

speak for yourself faggit i make no mistaeks

>Then out of nowhere he rolls his head back and has some kind of spasm as I hear a deafeningly loud CHEEKI BREEKI echo all around me, rattling my skull

wow similar thingy here once

and all my pretty magazines are gone ffs

STCoP is much more realistic (particularly in terms of damage) and has slightly fewer weapons but doesn't have calibres that exist only for one gun so overall gives you more options. If you try playing Ironman on AO3 fuckers will take so many shots to put down unless you use the unrealistically overpriced AP ammo that you'll die in close combat through no fault of your own. You need to use the tweak in that post with STCoP though otherwise the AI are so inaccurate there's no challenge (easily the biggest flaw of STCoP that). Here is is again: mega.nz/#!FENTRajQ!cGzv8PPVzJ9M2gnHS-ajIdQYHMTunm1LC8MszDL3iQw

Says invalid key. Do you have a new link?

They probably mean the AI helicopters and apcs.

For me this makes it next to unplayable. Also your money carries across deaths.

In the setting I suppose the hand-nugget would make sense but otherwise I don't think they're particularly common in slav-land. In the actual game I've never found revolvers to work satisfyingly for whatever reason, they always feel very much like a modded gun rather than a natural piece of the game.

I tried surplus only (nothing originally designed later than 1965 was allowed). That was good fun.

If it's bitching about an encryption key you've not copied the url properly, it's included in that.

The book its based off of says there are multiple zones and they have different, but similar, things in them

I figured it out mate. I noticed the URL doubled itself when I clicked it so I just had to delete half of it. Mega has never done that to me before.

The game is based more off of the film than the book though.

Good to hear it worked user, there was a similar issue with the UO gamenight.

I have no sympathy for you.

The chopper's buggy and noisy as shit, so I turned it off.

wuss

How come?
Never had any issues with it and hearing that shit at the distance during nighttime is great.

It's never been a threat to me, and as far as I can tell, it's never been a threat to anyone. It usually just gets stuck at an odd angle in the skybox and doesn't move.

No idea why it's buggy, but it sure doesn't work like you'd think it should. Also, why is the volume of the helicopter loud enough to drown out your own gunfire even when it's across the entire map?

are you playing CoM? im pretty sure it fucks you up quick in CoM.

No, just CoC for now. I'll try CoM later on and leave the chopper on to experience it properly.

Yet now all shooters feel dumbed down in comparison.
The day CoC gets multiplayer is the day I will stop playing anything else.

Its called Ray of Light user

Meant Hope

They should really tweak the Army Warehouses. Every time I go there I walk into a 4-way Freedom, Duty, Bandit, zombie clusterfuck. I made 50k in a few minutes just looting bodies, including one Freedumb who had 85kg of guns and ammo on him.

It's the same in Yantar, where it's a never-ending flood of zombies from the factory and bandits from the north road.
Or, if you're feeling saucy, Chernobyl NPP South has an endless supply of Monolith to farm. You have to get through a gauntlet of combined packs of pseudogiants and chimeras to get there, but if you're going to the NPP you should be more than equipped for that.
I made almost 300k from what I scavenged there in 30 minutes. It took me considerably longer to wander back and forth scrounging up gunsmith kits to repair everything into selling order.
The bartender in Skadovsk pay idiot prices for artifacts - 3-4x what they're actually worth. Both him and the scientist in Yantar pay idiot prices for high end sniper rifles - 25-30k a pop.

Considering how expensive upgrades for high end gear is, and how stupidly expensive certain ammos are (15k for 20 AP sniper rounds, 35k for a single box of m60 belt ammo) I don't mind there being designated farm points like that.
They could tweak it to be more dangerous somehow, I suppose, though as it is you have to duck crossfire while combat-looting so it seems fair.

How can we protect the innocent if we can't even protect ourselves?

We did this for 10 minutes before I finally got away from him.

Does anyone know of any games similar to stalker? I am kind of burnt out and want to try something new.

Hes merely taking a nap after heroically killing a Chimera and takimg down a whole squad of bandits all by himself

Fallout 4

With extreme modding, like the FROST survival total conversion, it's almost passable. It almost doesn't get an F. That's the highest praise I can give it.

It's funny that even with Frost it gets a D.

Being serious now, New Vegas with proper mods is a pretty good second place and the OG FarCry since GSC took a lot of inspiration from it.

Codename Outbreak also from GSC and Vivisector: Beast Within has some art design and creatures similar to it while having some Open Terrain as well

You can polish a turd until it shines, but it will never be a diamond.

What's your loadout look like stalkers?

X-ray engine might be buggy but compared to gamebryo it's pretty great, particularly when you consider it was made by a bunch of crazed slavs.

Similar in what way? Far Cry 2 is an inferior western attempt at the same thing, I don't like it but if you play it try Dylan's Mod. For the gun autism JA2.

Just finished Shadow of Chernobyl, I keep hearing that Clear Sky should be skipped, what's wrong with it?

Usually something like this for the most part.

Shittiest of the trilogy but still worth a playtrough, go for it.

Aaaah fuck it i'm going to wait for STCoP v6 since they add more weapons and fixes, i don't know how long would that be but i'm not playing STALKER right now so it's alright. i just hope it won't take a year

I hope they add a proper FAL, so far there's only the STG 58
They're probably waiting for the next version of CoC.

I wish the Steyr Aug looked as cool from the back as it does from the side. It's got such a sci-fi profile, but from the back it looks like this goofy lanky piece of crap.

See, this is why i don't want to move to STCoP, less guns and shit, i love guns.

Lost Alpha update came out today. I'll mirror it when I download the dumb file.

What's the appeal of Lost Alpha anyway? Wasn't that stuff left out for a reason?
When it first came out, I heard that the pacing and atmosphere were off.

Revamped most the maps, merged Undergrounds into the normal map, more 'cinematic' storyline. It ran like dicks when I tried to play it when it first released but with Call of Chernobyl becoming boring wouldn't hurt to play.

lol double post
It also readded cars and focused on using the Lost Alpha maps over the SHOC release if i remember correctly. Looks decent, I'll stream the stupid game if you dicks want.

Filtered.

Go back to fucking reddit. Stay the fuck away from here nigger.

I'll just go back to lurking then.

As someone who is completely ignorant of non-vidya guns, I love the name of these bullets. They sound like they should explode into electrocuting steam upon penetrating the body.

hydrashocks are like a hollow point but they have this bead in the center. They're designed to smash open like a peeled banana when they hit liquids, in this case your organs. They pretty much shred through anyone that isn't a stickman. My dad used to call them cookie cutters.

some of the nastiest shit you can carry in your handgun.

Unfortunately they are just a specific hollow point design.

That's a totally different kind of awesome.

Can someone please give some advice on tabbing in out of stalker on windows 7? Is it basically impossible for anyone else like even if you manage to tab out the mouse cant click on anything except the task manager box?

80 usd?
what the fuck?

It should've been the other way around, what the fuck are you doing?

I usually play on fullscreen, then go windowed when i need to tab out then go back to fullscreen. I haven't tried using Borderless Gaming on windowed though.

There's lots of real nasty hollow point designs these days, even some for rifles. I would recommend owning a firearm, target shooting is fun and it's a nice having something to defend yourself with incase shit hits the fan.

i just tried that but my cursor cant leave the window even when i ctrl+alt+dlt. I cant even take screen caps ffs

I've wondered why those haven't been a thing, actually.

I assume that everything I learn from vidya about guns is at least partially incorrect, just out of prudence. Even a hardcore milsim is probably inaccurate enough that I wouldn't know what the fuck to do with a real gun just from playing the vidya.
I've "learned" a lot about guns from my years playing vidya, but I throw all that knowledge out because it's inevitably tainted.

I don't really understand what are you saying, you set your game to windowed then alt-tab to something else, that's all.

Learn more about real guns, don't learn shit from vidya.

Guns are easy.

You pull back the springy bullet loading handle and let it go.

Then you flick the fun lever from "lame" to "fun."

Next, point the boomstick at your victim and align the frontal and rearward target acquisition devices.

Finally, pull the bangswitch and watch with glee and a rapidly growing erection as your target becomes deader.

My bolt action rifle is disappointed with this assumption.

#boltactionlivesmatter

I just acquired these games, is my first run without mods a good idea or is there something that either make it look or play better that I should probably go for?

Okay fine.

OR

I chuckled

Much better, thank you.

They are a thing, just not that big of a thing due to them being illegal almost everywhere and using them in places in which they're not illegal is frowned upon by the international community. US Snipers use them from time to time. The US Marines have been using the MK318 Mod 0 rifle round which is called an "open tip" which is totally not a hollow point your guys it's just a military competition round we ship to warzones and stuff for reasons and stuff in Afghanistan since '09 from what I understand.

I'm nofuns but even I'm not that stupid to believe that.

In case you're actually interested, have an old WWII training video that blows all other info videos about funs out of the water.

Open tip ammunition is a type of ammunition that is used for competition shooting and they don't expand like a hollow tip, but the MK318 Mod 0 round kinda does expand like a hollow tip. The Mod 0 ammunition box is apparently labeled "NOT FOR COMBAT USE" and soldiers are free to refuse to use them but they are also free to use them if they want.

The US isn't treaty bound to not use hollow points like their allies are and their allies are to apathetic to call them out on it. They kill terrorists with them, so I guess the basic attempt to make them not seem like hollow points is good enough for them. I think the military is considering using hollow points as a standard round now for their handguns iirc.

Makes sense since handguns are nowhere nearly as lethal as rifles, I suppose. HP rounds are much more expensive than regular rounds though, right?

nah man, hollowpoint .45 will fucking shred a person apart in a way no rifle can. In the situations you would carry a handgun, they're far more lethal than any rifle. The basic design of most rifle rounds is the spitzer bullet, they're meant to travel at high velocity and reach their target from a distance. A handgun doesn't have the range of a rifle so you compensate by using a a higher caliber, which will ballistically do more damage than a rifle would at that same distance.

hollwpoints aren't that much more expensive than regular rounds, unless you're going for the designer specialty ammo like hydrashocks or talons. A plain old leaded hollowpoint round isn't too hard to find.

As for the military ban on hollowpoints, it's really more conjecture than anything serious. Take .223, or 5.56mm for bongs, it's a .22 caliber round but the reason it's so devastating is because it tumbles inside the target and rips them like a cheese grater. Larger round doesn't always do more damage, a .308, 7.62mm, is a hefty cartridge but it doesn't tumble in the way .223 does. .308 will go through the target, and with it the inertia from the round. All cartridges barring the meme calibers fulfill a specific role and they do that role admirably.

I remember reading some stats that said rifles have a much higher chance of actually killing their target than pistols. But that's pretty interesting nonetheless.

I thought the military stopped using tumbling ammo around the 80's because they needed such autistic twist-rates the bullets became unstable and could tear themselves apart mid-flight if they hit so much as a leaf.

this is the issue, lets say Tyrone is 16 feet away from you and wants to plunder your rump. If you were to shoot him with your handy M1-garand there's a chance the round will just pass through him and he can continue on his anal rampage.

now if you were to pull out your charter arms .44 bulldog loaded with .44spl hollowpoint rounds, those things aren't going to come out the other side of tyrone. They'll expand when they hit hard flesh and tumble around like an unholy blender. He isn't going to make it to your ass. And that's the other thing, when you carry a handgun one of the things you need to consider is the backdrop of your target, if you were using spitzer rounds or just plain old FMJ rounds and they popped out the other side and hit some guy in the shin, you're responsible for that. That's why so many people carry hollowpoints, dead people can't sue.

nah, there was some specialty ammo that was made to tumble but it was mostly useless. .223 tumbles by its very design. A lot of troops in vietnam weren't too hot on .223 because it could be stopped by thick brush due to its nature to tumble and smash apart.

Fuck the international community.

Do people actually carry .44? I thought it was a meme caliber popularized by Dirty Harry and not very practical.

8/10, tbh.

wish I didn't watch the movie to find out where the WEW face comes from

(they're raping a dude)

That's all fine and dandy until body armor is involved.
Hollow point is shit against body armor.

Huh. Guess I won't be watching it.

what mods are you using especially what's the UI one?

are any of you bean stalkers excited about last alpha or do we still hate it?

i always new there was something just a little bit too punchable about that face.

do they make carrying a pistol and ammo worth the weight? whats the most powerful pistol + ammo combination in CoM?

Ok more questions in bound.

1. What does the accuracy stat of shotguns mean? Do it refer to the spread or just the accuracy of slugs or is both?

2. The age old debate does low crouching replenish stamina slightly faster than just crouching?

3. For the love of god what does the flatness upgrade actually improve?

1 - both
2 - get moonlight, give no fucks
3 - bullets move in an arc, more flatness = less drop

thank you my kind nigga. Another one (this one might seem dumb af)

In Com or misery it it does the stamina stat of suits affect how quickly i get hungry or only how fast my stamina comes back?

And how viable will moonlight be in Com or mysery? for some reason i gave up on even using any artifacts ages ago and now i cant barely remember whats useful and whats not. More advice on useful ones?

The number of guns you lose is fairly small and the improvement in shooting is well worth it, trust me.

Works fine for me, have you tried running it borderless windowed though? There's third party software to let any game do that.

ZRP and optionally PRZ2 for the first game, google will find both.

Accuracy in stalker is a bit complicated, that stat refers only to the base accuracy of the gun (player stance, ammo type and condition of gun all affect practical accuracy). Slugs will be more accurate than buckshot but there's no easy way to see that ingame. I'll see if I can find the link that explains it.
No idea.
How flat the bullet travels, I think it also helps reduce bullet dispersion but that might be a myth. 9x39 guns need flatness upgrades.

Apparently flatness actually increases velocity which also helps with maximum range, you'd have to ask a modding-user for a definite answer though.

Here's the explanation on accuracy, I don't know if it applies to all the games but it certainly does to SoC.
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html#Guns

Can someone tell me where a moonlight in CoM can be found?

come on someones gotta be here

well i discovered that IEDs still explode when shot but even a chemical IED on top of petrol can didnt set the damn can off. Just for cooking then i guess (im pretty sure it wouldnt explode irl either from a bullet but an IED? shieeeeet)

i am disgusted

Hey user fuck you now it's never coming out of my head.

Flatness has actually been totally renamed now, either in CoC or AO3 not sure which, but it's now listed as combined bullet velocity and accuracy improvement. Higher velocity means less bullet drop which means your bullet hits closer to where you were pointing the hose.

I think its pretty all encompasing for so early in game. The sig is fine for sniping, the protecta for when bloodcuckers get in my face and the nade launcher for when i think i can get the drop on a whole squad of monolith niggers or for a pseudo giant. The mine is also for faggots being invisible n shieet since the hunters kit usually guarantees the bloodcucker parts will largely out sell the price of selling the mine. Same with shooting the launcher at a psuedo-faggot.

Sooooo it effects penetartion as well or is stalker not that in depth?

.44 spl is a damn good cartridge with fantastic ballistics. .44 magnum is the meme caliber. Take some coat hangers, wrap them in newspaper, soak that for an hour, then let it dry a bit and shoot it. then slice it open with a saw and look at the cavity is creates. Then be thankful you're not the guy getting shot with it.

I'd say it's a practical caliber

I carry a bulldog, and my dad carried one tooin fact it was his

;_;

Penetration is entirely to do with ammo type, I think, so probably not. Again a modding user will know more.

I swear this has become one of my favorite webms I've seen on this site over the last few days. It's so fucking good.

LOST TO THE ZONE

Now I know the vital information that Limansk is a minefield.
This is why we can't have nice things.

silly nigga theres only one minefield in lamansk afaik just walk around it and get ready to defile some monolith faggots and take their shit.

Also never ending question user here and is there a limit on how many *rescue a talker for me* quests you can get at one time in CoM? Im trying to gather up as many as I can without turning any of them in to make a sort of squad since they have infinite ammo and i can just save scum until they kill the enemy (il still help the my niggers though of course)

You know, when Nimble told me that the PDA he needed was "not far from here", I thought maybe Garbage or possibly Wild Territory.
Not fucking Deserted Hospital.

At least Freedom doesn't shoot people who can't defend themselves.

Are you using a dynamic faction relations mod?
Killing lots of Military will piss off Duty if so.

To make gasoline explode you need 14.7 parts of air for each part of ==pulverized== gasoline.
Gasoline in liquid form doesn't burn.
t. car mechanic

That was pretty late in my first ever playthrough of SoC (Or any Stalker game), I was playing Vanilla.
Now that I've finished, a mod that fixes the factions would be nice. Because it's stupid that some duty guy I killed somehow that I immediately forgot about it and was unable to find again permanently forced me to be at war with Duty.

This guys is retarded. Don't listen to him.

So why does the Sig muzzle flash sound exactly like the bullet it fired hitting concrete?

I was under the impression that this won't happen unless you murder them in sight of their base but I could be wrong. I know Loners will never go aggressive on you but then they aren't strictly speaking a faction.

Just got the game recently and I dont know what Im doing but I know that I must kill. Using some 2009 mod and having a nice time

Commit sudoku.

This

Honest question
seeing as i am the newest guy to cheeki-breeki iTT et all and having seen that whole 'friends don't let friends play stalker complete' a couple of times before , mind explaining why that is?

It's EZ-mode: the mod.

It's essentially the polar opposite of Misery, from what I've gathered.

If you want to play modded your first time through, and you want EZ modo, then by all means install something like Oblivion Lost or LURK instead. They'll at least spice things up a bit.

save it, its all yours my friend

Those two points are really the main points.
It isn't Stalker anymore.
I'd assume you'd be shocked to then try a repeat playthrough on vanilla or modded since it'll be a completely different experience.

In short, Complete is not in patrician taste. It's for plebs.

So are artifacts suppose to suck dick? The only good one is the radiation cleaning ones, that counter act the horrible radiation poison ones that only give you +3 to fire or shock, when you are gonna get hit by bullets 80% of the time. I haven't found many artifacts.

Also, I started to have to adapt to the strategy of pistol to face, since none of my guns seem to work very well on some of the heavy enemies I've been facing. Like army rusikes. They can take 8 shots with my pump shotgun, but I'll clear an entire check point of them with any my pistols applies to their faces with a fraction of the effort. I get armor is probably a thing, but that just seems wrong that the pistol would be that much better. I don't think helmets matter.

Also

I swear it seems to switch at times.

i see, i went with the recomended starter pack on veteran anyways for the first playthrough of SoC . So far the only thing i am not too crazy about is the UI and that you can't chose which two guns you get to carry with you (it must always be one pistol and your weapon of choice) which puts a strain on the amount of supplies i can carry on me the whole time. Honestly it would've been preferable if i just could have the shotgun in one slot and then just chose whichever medium/long range assault rifle i happen to have enough bullets for at the time

In vanilla you can't carry 60kg's right off the bat.

user, I'm glad that you're playing a Stalker game but you've left out the best and are playing the worst. What are you doing??

Find more artifacts.

You can do that in CoP and i'm sure you can also do that with some mods.

It depends on the version and the mods, but

The AI will track you by both sound and sight. The sound of reloading, the sound of footsteps, the sound of rustling foliage will attract them. Even if they can't see you, they will shoot blindly at sounds if they are in aggressive mode. You can even sneak around them while they're still shooting where you used to be, but this doesn't always work.
Also some AI have NVG so the darkness isn't always guaranteed to help you. Cover is your best friend in the zone.

And if they hear that you're reloading while on combat they'll gladly come out to blast your face off, manage your ammo with care.

I'm sorry you have the gay, its terminal and non-operable.

Damn it. I don't know why the original went crash happy.

I'm playing Clear Sky 1.5.10 vanilla.
At times the AI seems to react like you expected too, but it was the pill box turret at the end of the swamp that made me question the AI. Since I tried both day time and night time, and multiple path, but it just seemed like it would see you, even if there was no line of sight. Hell, even before you can get around that first big tree the blocks the view of the tunnel. I ended up Supermaning it with medpacks scarfing and succeeded, but that just felt wrong, so I just went the north route instead. From what I understand though, that is supposedly an infamous "fuck you" trap.

Other times include being completely still and silent behind a bandit. Be there for a solid 15 seconds. The moment I put his head in the center of my screen in aim mode, he turns around shouting russian. I'll try to remember to record it next time. I have to be pretty close for this to happen. Maybe the AI is hearing me switching to aim?

I do recall the original game being crash happy, so I was going to handle that another day.

The military pillbox turret will cut you in half from the other side of the fucking planet. Get out of there, stalker.

If you hear a noise when you do something, like your suit rustling or your gun clinking as you do anything, you're making sound. Don't stare at people where they can see you. Acquire them and then prairie-dog out of cover to take your shots. Lean exists in CS, doesn't it?

aie it does. It has been an invaluable tool. Especially with the silence pistol.

Best of luck, stalker.

Ayo hole up

fuk

In regards to suit stats how is IIIA different from III? The merc suit clearly says it has way more armor than the Berill armored suit but also says it cant even stop pistol bullets.

tl;dr is the merc suit better than the beril armor?

The stats for the armor should be displayed when you click on it. When you click on another armor, it should show comparative stats to what you have equipped.
If this is an earlier version that doesn't do that, then you can equip them one at a time and watch the meters on the bottom of your inventory for your various protections.

Yes but what does all the stuff regarding the amount of armor on arms/legs/head/torso mean? Im playing misery sorry for not specifying

Well that explains it. I'm pretty sure misery intentionally obscures the stats from you.
You can either take a chance, or you can save, buy the suit, put it on to see the stat changes compared to your current armor, and then reload if it's worse.

Texture swaps are fun.

What do the armor penetration classes for ammunition even mean? I thought they were roman numerals but then there's at least one with an A in it.

shits lost in translation or something but i get the impression if it has an A its somehow slightly shitter then the non A version of it. Can a mod user check into this please?

but the roman numerals are pretty straight forward. higher means more pen.

I should've maybe googled it before asking. Turns out those are protection classes that are used for bulletproof vests.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletproof_vest#Performance_standards

So yeah, 3A is less protective than 3 according to this.

Did you make sure SoC was patched up?
Did you install ZRP?
If you're enjoying Clear Sky you'll fucking love the other games.

As you get better detectors and go to later game zones you'll find more powerful artefacts in the same 'tree' (+6 instead of +3 etc etc). Additionally some artefacts give you better protection against various types of combat damage, give you health regen, auto-heal bleeding and give you energy regeneration to sprint all day. Generally they also irradiate you so you combine them with anti-radiation artefacts. It's also sometimes worth carrying around a small stash of anti-fire and anti-shock artefacts to swap in if you want to go into that specific type of anomaly. In SoC you can also repair your armour by going >100% protection against, say, electro anomalies and standing it them.
AP ammo is good for later enemies, buckshot out of a shotgun won't do shit (slugs should work fine).
It's inconsistent, you can certainly hide in the stuff in the swamps and they'll walk right past you.
I think so, rain seems to help with reducing sound.
They need to look but they'll have a rough grasp on where you last were if you shot something loud from there. Shoot for a bit and displace behind cover and you can watch them shoot where you just were for 30+ seconds even if you aren't going full on stealth. SoC has the better introduction to stealthing though, the Dark Valley bandit base in particular being great fun.

It's broken as fuck and doesn't obey normal spotting rules. Honestly should have been patched out

It's worth noting, by the way, the SoC (vanilla I think, certainly most mods) comes with a meter for both how loud and how visible you are but CS and CoP lack the sound meter. It's been so long since I did vanilla on any of the three games I can't be certain though so don't quote me on it.

Nothing of value…

Anyone know where a Stalker can score a Vintar BC in CoC? I didn't seem to find it in the Army Warehouses where it usually is in Vanilla