Best platformer of the 16 bit era that wasn't Mega Man X

Best platformer of the 16 bit era that wasn't Mega Man X.

X3

SNES: Hagane.
MD: Shinobi 3.

Also, Genesis was the better system.

Alternatively, Bonk

Honky Dong Country

Demon's Crest

Sonic CD

Knuckles Chaotic is a better game.

NO

Great game, played it over and over when I was a kid.

Yes.

The fact that it was on the 32X points to no.

I bet it will be more fun playing it as an adult.

That's some fuzzy logic you got there. Care to explain why it's a bad game other than it's on a system addon that you don't care for?

Shinobi 3 fucking rocks. All you faggots who never played it should either kill yourselves now for never truly knowing what is best in life or play the game right now.

lol ok

I'll give you points for Ristar though.

All wrong.

Seriously nigger?

I'd consider Hard Corps more of a sidescrolling shooter than a platformer.

I came to this thread to post just that. I wholeheartedly consider Sonic 3 & Knuckles the finest example of 2D platforming. Three characters with different special abilities, branching paths, different bosses and such for Knuckles, great controls, great music, immortal second player for your little brother to be without fucking you up.

I hate you.

Monster World IV is waaay up there. I think I like it more than Shantae.

Both right here

Why?

It's completely subjective whats the best but there's no denying that New Adventure Island would be up there with them. Art, sound and presentation is kickass.

Chaotix was shit when it was new, and the only reason I own it is because it was a dollar at a yardsale, and I needed something more than fucking Kolibri in my 32X collection.

Nigga Chaotic is fun as shit. Fick you.

WHERE DOTH THOU OUR CURRENT LOCATION TO BE?

going to kill myself

ALL OF THOSE ARE OBJECTIVELY WRONG, NOW MEET YOUR KING

It's a sonic game with sonic and tails straight up removed from of the game, because the rushed the fuck out of it just so the 32X could have something, anything that people might give a shit about. The game's gimmick is to take Sonic 2/3's co-op and add rubber banding to it, slowing the fuck out of everything, because now you have to lug dead weight around almost everywhere you go. and even then the game is still pretty short on content, as if they for some reason weren't able to make more than 5 levels so they just rehashed the fuck out of what they had to try and stretch the game as much as possible.

This is best you faggots.

I do not wish to be connected ro a bee as well.

But he says he's attached to bee jesus. I feel like that would bee significantly better.

No, fuckoff commie

Bee Jesus is still a bee

but im actually a fascist what the hell user

Yes, i bet i know what kind of "fascist" you are.

I wanna fuck that.

Pic related has to be my favorite

I wanna fuck that too.

I dont care if thats my favorite game or not. You commies will still get hanged on the day of the rope.

That includes you too, Ivan.

Might as well add that one to the backlog.

Keep projecting spic.

How is he a spic? Why isn't he an arab, a chinese man, a russian or a nigger?
Why do people always assume spic?

day of the rope will never happen, you're stuck in this progressive dystopia until you die

There will be a day, but it won't be of rope.
These anons think they'll live during it, and actually take part during it. They could not be more wrong.

Because Juan over there is the real projector.

I don't know if that's a trait among spics and latrineos', but I'll take your word for it.

Goemon.

Never realized how much Steven Universe has ripped off Goemon's design. Strip him of his clothes, give him a bland ass shirt, glue him a jewfro, then call it a day.
Thanks, CalArts.

Any answer other than Mario is wrong

Mario is Wrong.

Nintencucks belong in the >>>/ovens/

Crispy Italians

woah checked

Exactly!

Umihara Kawase

your jewish tricks won't work here

Semi on-topic, but why are bankers always balding. I see Kimishima and he used to be a banker, is it just a very good stereotype to have balding people be excellent with crunching numbers?

Scrublords.

Everyone knows IWBTG is the best platformer.

T. Reddit

Why do you keep using that image?
Also most men are balding, but use product to not go bald. You'll understand when you grow up a bit. If you have confidence you won't do anything about it.

Chrono Trigger

It was an accident this time, you saw me with the goemon pic? It's fucked how SU has ruined the design for me somewhat. Now I can't look at that cool fucker without thinking of that lame fucker.
My family has a history of strong hair, but if I ever go bald, then I will think of you.
That still doesn't answer my question completely, unfortunately.

That game was fucking garbage tbh.

I… what

They don't look anything alike you dipshit.

Never dare compare the magnificence of Goemon to that cancerous filth again.

you are all massive plebians

Huh, would have expected at least one response bringing up that game, by now.

I really liked the soundtrack. Never really got around to playing it. What's the game like?

BY FAR.

Actraiser

Sega: RKA
SNES - Ganbare Goemon 2 Donkey Kong Country 2

Good taste, user-kun.

There's no decent incentive to find secrets. Exploring levels gets annoying when the door you check ends up being a one-way path to the next part of the level, and the only rewards are powerups that disable yoshi's tongue.

Nice try >>>Holla Forums

Some of the Mega Drive's finest stuff here.

Dynamite Headdy is great, but the US release is seriously butchered. Get the Japanese rom and the fan translation.

>>>/ntr/

And some of the SNES' finest stuff here.

Far as i can tell, the jap version is also easier, but it doesn't seem like they outright removed any content aside from the text boxes.

If you count action-adventures as platformers.

Removed dialogue, of which there was very little anyway. Changed the ending slightly to add a kiss scene
Changed the design of some bosses because "too human, make them robots". Some are just palette swaps, some are completely redesigned
And changed the purple cat into an angry brown bear.

I dont think there are any other differences on the levels or gameplay. Maybe one version gave you 1 or 2 more points of health but i dont remember.

Even though it's not thought of as strictly a platformer, Super Metroid is still king.

The level of execution required for smooth and fast movement in this game is insane. It's basically the 2D equivalent of Mario 64.

Contra Hardcorps still amazes me to this day. Not only is the gameplay amazing but the game has like 6 different endings, which require you to go to different stages and sometimes affecting the behaviour of the bosses on some levels. Its not a big detail but very few games put that much effort into multiple endings nowadays.

Nice projection >>>Holla Forums

>>>/israel/

Mario World.
MMX is fucking overrated.

>>>Holla Forums
Considering you worship kikes

It was Super Mario Yoshi's Island

Sonic CD, Sonic 3, Super Mario World, and Yoshi's Island (sorted in ascending order of greatness) are all better. If you're going to count Mega Man as a platformer, let's also throw Gunstar Heroes and Super Metroid onto that list.

Super Mario Bros. 3 (as part of Super Mario All-Stars) would be up there if they had balanced the game back with the Japanese version's way of reverting the player back to small Mario with one hit, regardless if they're Super Mario, Fire Mario, Raccoon Mario, or any of the suits. This balanced the game for the ridiculous amounts of extra lives awarded (at least one extra life is given for every three course levels completed), but it was made easier in the West. By the way, this explains why Raccoon Mario reverts directly to small Mario in the intro, because that's how Famicom users had it in game.