The Sonic Sections in Sonic Adventure aged better then both of these games

The Sonic Sections in Sonic Adventure aged better then both of these games.

It checks out. Sonic Adventure is younger than both Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64. But what's the purpose of bringing up this small facticle user? What are you getting at?

So when are they gonna pull off beating all of sm64 with 0 A presses?

It also had better music.

Are you seriously fucking doing this to both games?

I agree

He's not wrong though

OoT has aged poorly while most of the levels in SM64 are mediocre

Games don't "age poorly" though. A good game will always be good, and a shit one will always be shit.

You either suck Nintendo's dick because it's cool
Or hate them relentlessly because it's cool

Is there even a middle ground when it concerns Nintendo?

Except for games that you thought were good as a kid, except they weren't or modern games refined it.

t. FF7

I also agree.
Why do the good guys always lose, Holla Forums?

this is wrong, there's plenty of cases where technical limitations at the time caused the game to be the way it is that at the time was just accepted that today isn't an issue and now only bad games still do

There is, but the small vocal minority is the loudest. Just look what happens when you mention that you buy a Switch.

SEGA got fucked from their American branch, they should've tried to be SEGA rather than be SEGA of America

FF7 wasn't good ever, though.

No, and no.
You like them because you're blinded by nostalgia, or you hate them because they did something to stab you in the back.
I.E, Rare, DMCA, Fangames, Shit hardware, etc.

I'm in the middle ground

I thought it was the fault of the crazy fucking Japs or something. Guess I'm wrong.

The levels themselves or the movement mechanics? Only thing I can say Adventure has an edge over them is in the graphics/spectacle department, which is to be expected due to being on more powerful, later hardware. That game's still buggy as is locked on 30fps on the Dreamcast with none too flattering models, though.

This

And sonic adventure was pretty mediocre when it came out, OP would remember that if he was born before the 00s. SM64 and OoT are far from being my favorites but I'd take those any time over SA or any 3D sonic for that matter.

FF7 was shit back the and it's shit now, FF5 for example, was and will ever be good.

It's because OP is proud of his tiny facticles

I wouldn't take OoT over Generations/Colors.

I don't know the whole story myself, but a good reason for the failure of SEGA is due to the Saturn not having any support in the west.

(raughs)

I don't blame them, It's like Nintendo forcing the virtual boy, the phillips CDi and the N64DD.
SEGA needed to learn when to let go of failures.

Blame them for failing, I mean.

That's fucking wrong. I love the shit out of 3D Maze games, they're dated and a genre that will probably never come back, but they don't cease to immerse me into the feeling of crawling through tunnels, running from floating heads, dinosaurs or what have you, and unlocking doors to even more mazes.

Thing is that the Saturn did very well in Japan. it was a failure of localization.

FF7 isn't a very good example of that since modern FF games haven't improved on at all. Except maybe 9, but even that was plagued by a painfully slow battle system and much less interesting over world.

Pic related.

Sonic was never good.
No, I'm not regurgitating that video. I'm a young fag who grew up way after the early 90s console wars, I played both the Genesis Sonic games and NES/SNES Mario games slightly later in my life and I could never enjoy Sonic while Mario is as enjoyable as ever.

So SM64 and OoT were always shit?

Are you that young or just retarded?

OoT has good atmosphere with a consistent artstyle, though MM does it way better
Mario 64 has great gameplay, but only a few good levels

Sanic Adventure is fucking awful in almost every respect, yet it somehow managed to have an underlying charm that persists to this day if the other shit doesn't turn you off
I think it's mostly the music and plot scenarios
I would say the sequel also does that better, but it does it in a way that feels different
The Adventure games are essentially a pile of garbage sprinkled with enough cool shit to distract you from it
This is why Heroes generally isn't included when people talk about these games, it's mechanically a lot better but is overall considered a lot worse because there are less neat things, and the stuff that's there is more concentrated during certain points

That's also why I don't completely hate Edgehog, because despite the intense feeling of crawling in my skin some of those character interactions and levels were pretty cool

Too bad the rest of Adventures is mediocre.

You literally fall off the map if you press forward while going forward from a booster in Sonic Adventure
Its present in the DX release too. The fact that people think that half finished unpolished turd is a good game in the first place is laughable.

I'd never heard the soundtrack with lyrics before. This shit is hilarious

I don't believe you

The Big the Cat sections aged better than anything that had to do with running in Sonic Adventure.

Oh yeah?
Well Sonic R has better controls than Super Mario 64.
And you can't prove me wrong.

Oh yeah?
Well Bubsy 3D has better controls than Sonic R.
And you can't prove me wrong.

So?

I always wondered what Gachimuchi is like. Where can I watch the whole thing? Anywhere where I can download it? IS it actually fucking halarious?

This is some top bait

Adventure never worked at high speeds and it's a mockery of 3D platforming.

Banjo-Kazooie would like to speak with you

OP is right a game that is piss easy with obnoxious voice acting that plays itself while flashy stuff goes up on screen is way closer to modern video games.

What does a functional 3D platformer has to do with Adventure?

Can't you like them because you like the games?

Why doesn't the game work at high speeds? It could be that you just suck at the game. Or you could be Arin Hansen.

Yeah, you can fuck off with your memes, eceleb bottom feeder.

The hell are you on about? In both games you press the jump button to jump. Are you implying that SA has no jump button?

No time for pressing buttons, gotta go fast, wooooo.

I think he's saying you can just run into enemies in sanic adventure.

What is that picture supposed to prove?

But you can't. Enemies damage you when you run into them.

Adventure takes away agency both for setting up cinematic platforming and resembling a functional game. Its controls were not fine tuned for high speeds at all and the camera is straight out of early 90s 3D development, which is why every section that attempts to be anything but a straight line falls apart without these sequences. Adventure 2 tries to fix that by making everything a straight line, toning down the speed and tuning high speed controls, except they ramped up the automation even more.

Nice shit times faggot
You would have never even placed in the contests they had back on the original dreamcast

No, unfortunately. If you like something it's because you're a shill or blinded by nostalgia. If you hate something than get ready to have everyone slap you on the ass and welcome you to the club.

Dunno what you're talking about. Never had any issues with the camera when playing the game, unless you played the entire game without setting the camera to free camera mode.
They're buttery smooth.
You're full of shit.

He's saying you don't have a homing attack in banjo you dummy.

Did we even play the same fucking game? Did you never learn how to use the super bounce glitch?

And there's nothing wrong with the homing attack. You still have to press in the direction of the enemies when you do it and press the jump button again. I guess by that logic Metal Gear Rising plays itself because you have to press a button and a direction when you parry.

You're right, I wouldn't. I used my Dreamcast for its good games.

I don't know what any of you are talking about. 3D Sonic was always infamous for being slippery and buggy.

Why are you posting a TAS anyway?

I believe we did. Which is why you have to break it to make it interesting.

There's everything wrong with homing attack. It throws away depth perception for fast traversal's sake. That comparison would only make sense if parry was a single button action that auto-corrected to the parry's direction and also did the attack for you.

Did the dreamcast version let you play as Metal Sonic, who is better in every way and is a total bro?

No, but the dreamcast version does have
A functional lighting engine
Better Physics maps
Better speed calcs
Better sound buffering
Properly Despawning Tails (That extra PTCHOOOW noise you hear when you go over dash panels in newer versions? That's tails existing for like 3 frames)
Christmas Station Square
Halloween Station Square

And before you say it, the only thing they have ported so far to the latest pc release Is lighting engine shit.

That's not all
Twinkle park has
spooky pumpkin witches

It's mostly the music and 90s anime feel that people miss

You're goddamn right OP.

Sonic Adventure has aged WAY better than Super Mario E3 1995 Tech Demo 64.

I still have way more fun playing SA and the music still kicks way past insane amounts of ass.

LET'S GET 'EM

Oh man act 3 of the highway. I use to play that forever with knuckles flying around looking for everything to that sweet music. The DC had much MUCH better sound than the GC and even though you didn't get metal sonic, or in skies of arcadia and extra character and dugeon, the DC versions are still superior.

Also sanic adventure is better than mario64. Personally I'd say OoT too because I had much more fun in sonic than the early 3d zeldas.

No they're good games today.

They're overrated. Well I think mario 64 is bad dogshit because of the camera but that's just me.

Are there any popular games today that aren't overrated? Honestly name 1. I think that term belongs to games that are actual trash.

Does sonic adventure even have pedro spots? Step up your game, OP

this is terrible

doesn't compare to koji kondo

The sonic franchise has always sorta felt like the B movie franchise. Lots of charm and good times and maybe even some polish on with the art direction but the actual gameplay is either lacking or not very engaging.

A popular game that deserves praise? ETS2.

What kind of praise would it need if it's popular? Explain.

Doom

There is nothing wrong with SM64, even now. The camera is the worst part and its still better than most game cameras.

Are there any 3D platformers that actually have remarkable game cameras? I feel like a poor camera is a staple in 3D platformers.

They made a modern remake out of it and it was bland an unoriginal. and even normalfags know what it is. I'de say it's overrated by the same standards as Mario 64.

same for Konami. either you defend em cause they still have the IPs, or you hate em for the stupid shit they did.

Companies CAN redeem themselves, like Sega's been doing, but ever since the WiiU, Nintendos been on a real losing streak. but Holla Forums is NintendoGAF anyways

Croc 2

Sonic Adventure came out the same year as Ocarina of Time, ya dingus.

Crash Bandicoot does it by designing the levels to work with the camera they have. Linearity isn't bad. Naughty Dog didn't buy into the open world meme.

Spyro the Dragon has a better camera than most, by virtue of sliding around rather than clicking into a few different positions like Mario and Banjo tried to do. Of course Spyro isn't as much of a platformer as Mario, but it is more than Banjo.

It wasn't a remake. You are stupid.

One thing I've noticed, is that in both OOT and Mario 64, there's a lot of easy bugs, but if you're playing normally, you will probably not run into any, maybe a few. However, with Sonic Adventure, it's impossible to play that game without running into glitches, however minor they may be.
Is the Dreamcast version really better than the ports? Never had a Dreamcast, so it might explain it, honestly.

SONIC'S EYES ARE NOT BLUE

but his arms are , ' )

Mario 3D World. Too bad the first half of the game is garbage, but the camera is done better than any other 3D platformer I've ever played.

Games don't age.
Your move, creep.

Which Doom or 64? Nudoom was shitty so I'de call it a remake in the sense that it did nothing to innovate. In any case my point still stands. Original Doom is overrated by the standards presented.

Games can't "age badly" when they're still the exact same as when they were released.

A lot of 3d games were considered good, because they were technically impressive, but are shit by nowadays standards.
Most collectathons have aged poorly, especially their shitty cameras and archaic design choices. Tis why Yooka Laylee is considered shit, by even normalfags not aware of the controversy behind it.

Sonic always had superior and good music, not a big surprise.

who wanna fucking listen to "EH-REH EH-REH" for the entire dungeon?

fixed

Marxism doesn't fix anything, user.

what a load of garbage

Games that tried to be too realistic in the early 00s even the late 00s look like this. Trying to be too real right before it was believable is awful.

I'm sorry but is Sonic Adventure being picked apart and challenging players in current year as much as Mario 64?

But if the game was good it didn't matter unless you were a graphics fag.

Not really, no. But I like them all.

ha ha ha.

what are you a nerd

Sonic's main problem is that his whole thing is built around going fast, yet this utter need for speed results in the player character counteracting most of the sensible elements of gameplay. Sonic goes far too fast for his own good and hence the player is outmatched to truely switchback to the primorvial sense of controllabillation that is essentially established by Super Mario, but also could be spotted as far back in adventure

When the speed is disconnected from the game itself, and more importantly the element of essential Speed which holds to the core of sonic and all it's design elements, completely counteracts the sheer element of platforming and enemy sections, rather, the game seems split into two speeds which severely break the flow of the game, near automated sections where one simply holds the forward button, and more regular sections that involve actual thought and counteractions to enemy motions.

For you to state that in fact, a game that by it's own design desire, counteracts half of it's own game, is somehow more superior then two games which, while certainly rough in some sections and divisions, have proven to be a lasting experience upon the leap into 3d for video games. Sonic, however, has pioneered nothing but an empty resemblance of a good game and a needless desire for speed that drags himself down. Sonic is truely and wholeheartedly trapped inbetween his desire for speed, and the desire for his games no to suck, henceforth, he is split in half and little shall remain.

That is true, It's funny how sonic, with it's extremely autistic fanbase, doesn't even hold a candle to a SINGLE YouTuber.

Wow this is an incredible description of it user.

this too

I suppose you're right OP. Am I supposed to get triggered and sperg out in rage?

(checked)
Personally I find that Mario64 aged fine compared to it's later titles.

I think Mario Party aged like shit

Feel bad for you fam.

I mean, they're picking Sonic apart but more in a "lets preform the autopsy and bring the murderer to justice" kind of way.

the only one i havent really given a serious replay is sunshine, im just not doing the blue coin hunt

c-chad… have you finally graced us with your presence?