R.U.S.E Steam Key

Is there anyway to get a steam key for the Strategy game, R.U.S.E? A friend and I have been wanting to play it but I don't own a copy of the game.

Other urls found in this thread:

g2a.com/r-u-s-e-steam-cd-key-global.html?___store=english
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did they not take it off the store?

It's off the store. Been that way for a year or two.

g2a.com/r-u-s-e-steam-cd-key-global.html?___store=english

Kinguin, g2a and so on still have keys. Multiplayer is pretty great though 1945 mode (the most popular one by far) is bad outside of 1v1 and 2v2.

why's that?

Some issue with licensing

I've heard various rumours but I'm pretty sure it's due to some sort of license expiring. There's no licensed music, as far as I know, so maybe an agreement with the dev finished.

What rumors?
Ubisoft themwselves told people that

I'd only heard about it ingame from other players user. I'm surprised licensing is still an issue with military shit from ~70 years ago, it doesn't seem to cause an issue for other WW2 games.

Even if it doesn't, it's ubisoft we're talking about. If they didn't have to, they'd stop making the games that make them money because they cost money.

Yes, I did have a suspicion that they probably want to shut the servers down anyway and this is just a convenient excuse. I wouldn't think it costs much to run for R.U.S.E. though given that it's mostly p2p as far as I can see.

Rather underrated game R.U.S.E. was.

R.U.S.E. was an example of constraints leading to better gameplay. Having to release the game on consoles meant it needed simple control schemes and couldn't be micro-intensive, as a result the game is almost entirely marco-level and that was refreshing. Also the zooming was done perfectly, maximum zoomed in looks good and as you zoom out it'll group units up for you automatically. I do wish it has some improvements though: more maps would be a start and the Super Perishing was dumb as fuck.

had*

kill you'reself my dude

Buying shit off G2A isn't just retarded, it's outright worse than just pirating the fucking game.
Just pirate the game and use an online fix, don't give the chink thieves money.

Op wanted a steam key so I gave him the only place on the internet that still has that
Chin/Russia scammer aren't interested in old unavailable titles, although you're most likely enabling hoarder instead which is arguably as bad still doesn't look like this one got hit too bad considering some other unavailable game hit prices in excess of 200 bucks.
Steam online fixes got patched to shit recently so you can't play with legit players anymore and I'm not even sure there is one available for R.U.S.E to begin with.

Next time check your info, read the thread and think before throwing an autistic hissy fit

You realize G2A is infamous not because publishers don't like them but because they're literal chink scammers, right? The same people who responded to a lawsuit by moving all of their operations to China? There's grey market keys, and then there's pure retardation.

They're a marketplace that doesn't care about what gets on and takes a hefty cut of every transaction with the added issue of being grey market and thus you risk stolen most of those will be from games scammers know they can liquidate fast enough to not be hit by chargeback revocation aka not what we're discussing here.
You're gonna have a similar issue with every grey market reseller that aren't purely community forums or purely exchange based like indiegala or the many steam trading communities.

No there isn't, you inherently take the same risk by going outside of authorized 3rd party just because G2A is the biggest makes it the most infamous, or are you implying there is simply no way that when you buy something on G2A you could actually get what you paid for?

Anyway you seem to base your judgement on the basis that G2A itself is the seller when it's isn't and is merely a middleman.

this. i used to use g2a for the occasional older game that i wanted at a sale price or something, then those faglords stole my credit card info and tried to use it in france. the police actually called me in to talk about it since this is basically how the ISIS infiltrators in europe do their thing. i had to jump through like fifty hoops to prove to them i've never been to france, i did not give or sell my own credit card info to terrorists, and am not funding or enabling fucking ISIS

tl;dr g2a are supporting the brown tide in europe

You're supposed to spoiler cards

Are people still playing it ?

Fun fact: Putting your credit card info on dubious sites is considered legal proof of retardation. One of the reasons why PayPal got so big as a payment processor despite all the borderline criminal crap they pull with people's money is because they provided an intermediary so you didn't have to put your credit card info on some strange website with your name and address and everything. This is literally the purpose for PayPal that they advertised on TV.

If you must buy from shady sites, use bitcoins or crap. If they don't accept some kinda payment system where they can't get your personal information or bill you, assume that you are also selling them your personal and credit card information, because you are.

Yes.