Persona General

Discuss anything Persona.

Other urls found in this thread:

iqdb.org/
danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=akira_(coffee_curry)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NO JUNPEI, NO BUY

can someone tell me how to fight the velvet lolis? i already met lavenza, so im not sure if im too late.

I think you missed out on fighting them user.

Try the following for hugbox circle jerk discussion:

>>>/cuckchan/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/neogaf/

>>>/facebook/

>>>/somethingawful/

he was the only tolerable character in that game.

More importantly can I date the velvet lolis.

i mean technically, i "fought" them, but its that one battle you're supposed to lose and you can't act whatsoever when the fake igor orders them to execute you

i thought i was going to get a chance at the very very end of the game like in every other persona game, dammit. im already on the shibuya bone-zone, i guess i might as well finish the game now.

no, you can't, pretty sure of that, i would have gone for the cunny if it was possible futaba is the best i could get

Apparently the people who started the hit-pieces on the game were a bunch of nobodies- freelance translators.

So I guess they were spiting those who did it right?

Atlus asking/stopping people streaming the game is stupid, but I think some of the shit shown so far might be accurate (i.e. a Jap meme replaced with a western one).

Doesn't change whether you like the game or not tho.

Because there was no Marie, I didn't buy it yet.

I actually thought P3 had the better casts out of the last few games. Even with an annoying character like Ken, he was at least tolerable compared to fucking Teddie.

You like to play Fire Emblem Fates, don't you?

Does DDS's environments ever get less boring? All the gang's areas look the same. I got so confused when I went to the Solid's base and Argilla was like "Wow what a fortress, no wonder the Maribel can't beat them" when their base looked exactly the same as the Maribel base.

All spam aside, this anime show really should be discussed in >>>/a/ since it's obviously not a video game.

no. the second game is somewhat better though.

those are some stanky PS2 graphics user.

Your goon is showing faggot.

what a fucking /reddit/ spill

SERIOUSLY, you need to go back >>/reddit/

this is NOT the place for you to express your love for your fucking "anime with clicks the game" and shit tier faggot music

HERE: >>/reddit/

Just started the Fifth Palace, Morgana is being a total emo faggot and it's getting on my nerves.

I'd like to know as well. I would assume you have to max out their Confidant first, Is it like when you can fight Margaret in P4G, or Elizabeth in P3?

i want to see Teddy burn in a fire. He's the most unbearable faggot i've ever seen in a videogame.

>unbearable faggot

glad someone caught that

NO MARIE, NO BUY

there needs to be an edit of this with her on the Sonic logo

wew

P3 is a great buy without Marie.

Admittedly the dungeons in DDS are probably the worst of the entire franchise barring Persona 3 but the plotline and strategy to combat in the series is more than enough to make up for it. Not to mention the absolute best bonus bosses

Don't molest user

He must be mad his goon pals couldn't "Localize" it.

Junpei was a little bitch.

who's arguing he isn't?

I just noticed the symbols on their hats

Justine's:
Caroline's:

can someone who can into greek language tell us what this all means? All I could dig for myself is that Omikron is "small" and that Upsilon is used as an emblem to symbolize the path of either virtue or vice.

Think it has to be NG+

Good thing Ryuji didn't keep scrolling.

I think it's meant to spell 'oxymoron'.

what makes you say that?

Think about what happens later in the plot with them is what it could mean.

well, i'm only just starting the fifth palace, so I don't know what you're talking about

Guess i'll just stop asking questions then to avoid spoiling myself.

And then the girl who was out of his league died, he grew a pair and become an okay character.

tsundere submissive statutory rapist teacher maid is god damn transcendent waifu bait

Who's the artist of this tapestry?

iqdb.org/

Chidori was pretty messed up though. If anything he was the best thing that happened to her.

Ah you'll find out later on.

We got treated it well with this game a cake teacher and NEET girl all with some of the most fluid turn based combat I've seen with an acid jazz OST.

I'm gonna glaze it. No regrets. If Sae were on the menu, things might be trickier.

You must have Dauntless Guts to ask for such a thing.

…………………..

Very well.

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=akira_(coffee_curry)

Modern Persona and Atlus are garbage

He at least had actual character dev in the main story.

That's a funny way to spell Yosuke.

Makoto is best girl

I think the whole series is gay as fuck and praised only by weeaboo faggots. Go ahead and post your smug animegirls. I can take it

I still can't decide which I should go for.

the choice is obvious

Anyone has the whole set of dialogue cut-ins? I found a few "strays" here and there but still no luck finding a zip with everything as with the bust illustrations.

A new search engine to use AND the source.
Thank you both. Have a bump.

Shit taste user.

Did anyone fight the reaper I found him to be easier then the velvet lolis.

did you see that ass

Makoto confirmed best
She a qt

Kill yourself faggot

She has a wonderful ass.

You also forgot she's into motorcycles.

lewd

do you anons ever feel like god himself just hates your very existence and wants to make it as miserable as possible? talk about anti climatic.

guess im gonna go in again and set the difficulty to "pussy" because im not fighting that dipshit for another 2 hours

persona sucks and like madoka, eva, and haruhi spread its filth everywhere and ruined japanese entertainment for years to come.

do you anons ever feel like god himself just hates your very existence and wants to make it as miserable as possible?
Every moment of my miserable life.

Christ.

This is the only valid dilemma in this game.

how do you fight the lolis? im definitely not there yet. but i dont want to miss my chance

for the record, i played the entire game from beginning to end on merciless.

so i think i deserve to see the last cutscene, because i was already there, i didnt advance the cutscene because i wanted to clean that fucking shitstain on it.

its like the fucking boss used Unplugadyne and fucked me in real life. 9999 critical, fuck you kid.

At least Senran and Nep faggots don't pretend like their game is nothing but fanservice and bland gameplay.

Personafags however treat this bland garbage like its a must own title full of depth.

what level were you?

Pic related is best girl

As said. You fight them in ng+ in Mementos after maxing their social link.

during the boss? 70 on everyone, a few 71s like Haru.

equipment was the best available in Iwai, i didn't bother researching Itemizing and i suspect its pointless until NG+ because you don't get the best personas until the depths of meme mentos.

Well that's shit. I was hoping for an elizabeth type thing, where you finish all the requests and the new area opens up.

DON'T FUCK WITH THIS SENATOR

Yeah see I really don't think there's any of that either. Every single battle is just wasting 1/3rd of your actions to casting null whatever element the enemy uses while the other two thirds spam the same moves over and over and over, and if you don't get the first turn which is pure rng then you can just lose instantly as the enemies spam their one move or some status effect thing that just takes the battle completely out of your hands and you can just put the controller down and walk away until the status effects decide to randomly go away on their own.

I think the devs even realized they fucked up the combat so massively and that's why there's savepoints and full heal stations literally every twenty feet, so that when the rng inevitably spits out a bunch of crits in a row and oneshots your team you don't lose much progress.

so im fighting the boss again and this is the first time i realize what happens when you try to attack the boss while on "distorted lust" status

goddammit makoto just Freidyne already

The streamer fiasco with P5 sparked my interest in the series.
Started off with 4 on PCSX2 since I don't own any consoles and couldn't play P4 Golden.

Just finished it and got the True Ending. I knew that Gas Station prick seemed a little off, too much dialog for a regular old NPC.
Mind you when the fog first hit Inaba in December I thought it was going to go along the lines of "Teddie's been here on the human side too long, and it's causing shit to go haywire." Never have I been so wrong.

Thoughts on the characters?
My eyes watered when she 'died', I'll leave it at that.
Chill as fuck, felt sorry him. Glad I maxed his and Nanako's links and sorted their situation out.
I liked him, he was the only friend in the group where you could tell you were more a friend to him than someone to look up to.
Wish his link was more than just 'Saki-senpai' though.
Also choosing 'Shut up!' for those two girls in the café is the only answer.
Romanced her because I'm a massive fucking spatsfag, plus who doesn't want to snuggle and watch a martial arts movie after some sweaty post-training sexytime?
I can appreciate a girl who wants be the ultimate wife material for her prince.
Sound dude, would definitely let him teach me how to knit fuzzy animals. Cool as fuck how he took charge after Void Quest.
Didn't like her that much compared to the rest of the team, her personality rubs me the wrong way.
Seems too forced, like Atlas went out their way and try and make her the main waifu character.
Came across as a little annoying at most parts
However maybe that's just me being spoiled on blatant waifu pandering in anime/manga/games in general.
Funny as fuck, I wish his link didn't auto-level so I could hang out just me, him and his hijinks.
No homo of course.
Wasn't a fan of the detective side of her personality, preferred her when the 'girl' part in dialog and actions came out since it was funny/cute.
If I had to replace two members in the team they would replaced by these two, like Yosuke it seemed like they saw you more as a friend.
Meh, pretty bog standard tragic story. The immediate 180 from hating to loving her dad was a little dumb.
Would've made her story about the play.
Whats that? You 'don't remember the play'?
You should, you were the fucking lead role after all.
Ending should've been you either choosing to 'kiss her' or 'fake kiss her' at the end of the play infront of everyone.
I did like the kid don't get me wrong but holy fuck was his story boring as fuck.
Pretty funny actually, if I hadn't already romanced Chie by the time she confessed I would've went for it.
Hell she even invited me to the fucking festival instead of Chie for some strange reason.
The fact I forgot her name should tell you.
Best girl. Mind you when she called herself Death and gave the link for Death I was expecting her to know about Persona's and shit. #
Also I was expecting her to be more of the evil type of old lady since it was step up from the 'mischievous hospital Devil girl', would've been a cool twist on the whole link thing but I'm glad I was wrong.
Probably only liked him because I could relate to him getting treated the way he did after someone close to him died. Felt good finishing his link.

Things I didn't enjoy?
1. Maybe this is explained in the lore but I fucking hated that any character except the MC could be revived.
Hell even making dying in battle put everyone on 'auto-mode' until one had the means of reviving you would've been a step up.
2. Would've made the romance option effect the story and other links a bit, hell even just some dialog changes during the holiday events would have been enough.
Half the time I was like 'they're aware I'm in relationship with her right?'
I mean for fuck sake, I was already with Chie when Kou told me he had a crush on her after Ai asked me to ask him.
At least give me the option to say to Ai after her almost suicide, "Don't worry, I'm with Chie so he's fucked m8. Use that to your advantage."
3. There was not enough options to go ham on a fucker in this game. I get it, it's a 'silent protag' but holy shit at least let me choose 'punch this fucker' every once in a while.
Like where the fuck was the option to stand up to Kanji charging you and look badass as fuck? Max courage my ass.
Hell the only real time you can go ham gives you the fucking bad ending…

You know reading back on this fucking blog post apparently… I realise this stuff could've been fixed in Golden but I am way too stubborn to hit delete after typing it.

so i finished the game without maxing 4 links, iwai, yusuke, makoto and haru.

i mean shit haru appears already in endgame, and iwai, yusuke, and makoto need maximum stats to cap. with the fucking cat on top of all that telling you that you can't do things, gonna need a fucking schedule here.

4 isn't as good as 3, and i frankly liked 5 more than 4 (definitely not more than 3).

2 and 1 fags pls dont bulli

Sup Akechi.

This. Play FES next.

You're absolutely right.

Anyone else feel that 5 is a far better game than 3 and 4, but it's also far less memorable?
You ask me to sing a song from Persona I'm either going to sing BABY BABY BABY BABY or one of the P4 battle themes. Ask me to pick a character from Persona and I'll say Junpei.
But I prefer the OST and cast to P5 by miles, it's just left less of an impact.

The music in 5 is definitely worse than 3 and 4.

kinda hard to memorable when it comes out a decade after 3's shtick had been aped to death.

yeah no, fuck off. music in 5 was amazing, right there next to 3

i played at least 70% of the game with the P3 costume just to get that BABY BABY BABY BABY back during battles.

That's entirely subjective, to be fair. I find that the battle and mementos themes in P5 are a letdown, but everything else is far more atmospheric and charming.
3 does come very close but that's because I love lotus juice, though I still prefer 5's soundtrack.

This game has a real dystopic view of Japan. It feels like children and teenagers have no rights and are gangraped constantly by adults everyday.

they were trying to imitate the west.

Their view of the West is even more retarded

Come on now.

That's really just Great Britain

To be fair, there are a lot of Japs in Hawaii.
>Hawaii has the highest percentage of Asian Americans and multiracial Americans and the lowest percentage of White Americans of any state. It is the only state where Asian Americans identify as the largest ethnic group. In 2011, 14.5% of births were to white, non-Hispanic parents.[110] Hawaii's Asian population consists mainly of 198,000 (14.6%) Filipino Americans, 185,000 (13.6%) Japanese Americans, roughly 55,000 (4.0%) Chinese Americans, and 24,000 (1.8%) Korean Americans.

That's still relatively small figures for the statements they were giving out in the game

Yup.

I think you mean Great Islamabad user.

It's not "Great" anything.

That has nothing on the instrumental version of Life Will Change, or the boss battle themes.
But as I raised in my original point, I can hum the face myself battle theme right off the top of my head, I can't even name the P5 boss battle theme and I own the collector's edition album

Try reading the track titles, I like to guess the name of the song based on the lyrics, maybe you do too, but I always end up checking anyway.

For those who care.

i mean i enjoyed P4 but goddamn the cast was awful.

It's a pretty low quality soundtrack to be fair. It's barely got a fraction of the OST and if it does have a song then it's the version with lyrics - so no instrumental version of Life Will Change.

The theme I had in mind was when personas were awakened for new party members, or you were fighting a miniboss/boss. Doesn't have any lyrics.

I'm not saying the game is better you idiot, just the music.

Not really which part of Naoto is worse, the generic tomboy cliche or the plot fairy.

Persona 5 has a good selection of waifus.
I like Tae the best.

I just finished the game about 30 minutes ago after dodging Holla Forums for weeks and got what I think is the best ending. Waifu'd Makoto, only missed out on maxing Iwai, made all the non-advanced personas, did all the requests, looked at none of the DLC. 5/5 breddy gud. Definitely worth the wait. It might have jumped the shark, however.

P.S. Anyone else realize that the first enemy you fight in the game is Moloch?

P.P.S. I see that Kawakami and Makoto are in the running for best girls, but what about Chihaya?

I don't think anyone does except a clique of SJW no-namers.

Supposedly ATLUS has made copyrights for a few P5 spinoffs, like a Q sequel, another Arena, and another Dancing All [x] game.
If this is true, what do you want to see from them? Personally I'm hoping our old friend Nyarly makes a comeback, preferrably in the Arena game.

Yusuke's boipucci

Guess I'll save it for Persona 5 Crimson.

Give me my racing game.

it feels like they tried just a little bit too hard in making them "quirky", as a result most of the P4 cast came out as annoying by the time you reach mid game. say, about the time you beat shadow teddie and get Rise to join.

either way, i just finished P5 on merciless, clocked 150+ hours, the + is because savescumming to get the right class answers and the right answers in social link replies, my persona book was about 68%, so i must have been playing for a good two weeks now, goddamn it was fun.

the DLC was just a few extra persona i think the persona of previous protagonists, like Izanagi, Kaguya, Orpheus, Tsukiyomi, etc.

also is it just me or is Messiah the combined form of Orpheus and Thanathos?

Don't forget the Persona 5 Crimson which everyone on Holla Forums knows is coming .

Have you not played P3? Messiah is that MC's true persona. His original persona is Orpheus, and Thanatos was sleeping inside of him or something.

Persona 5 Crimson for the Nintendo Switch, featuring Mario from the Mario Bros. series.
All suggestive scenes and swearing censored.

if they do another Q spinoff I hope they put more dungeons in it. 5 dungeons feels like nothing.

i read somewhere online

i did but it was like 8+ years ago, and also i didn't fuse Persona that far. yes i remember thanatos coming out of orpheus in the intro

fuck im too tired, i've been playing p5 for many hours

i read somewhere online that the protagonist name is akira kurusu*, anyone can confirm?

that's how you make Messiah, yes. they're even visually identical what with the severed head and floating sword things.

No, his name is Sho Minazuki

Yes its the Canon name.

Remember back when somebody found Sho was labeled "P5 Hero" in the coding and everyone lost their shit? Wonder what the game would've been like if that turned out to be what they went with.

Haru has autism I am sure of it.

No it's Chad Thundercock

It's the Manga name. Which usually the anime name is the one that ends up being canon. So don't get too comfortable with it.

You know, for a 20th Anniversary game, there's a severe lack of celebration in the game.

Only a handful of new 3D models were created. Everything else is just updated Nocturne/Imagine models, DID THEY REALLY THINK THE DIE HARDS WOULD NOT NOTICE THAT ?

Also the Ultimate Personas are absolute garbage this around.

Preventing domain squatting just incase they do decide to do it.
I want them back too, they've been beating us over the head that P3 and P4 were really them fighting in the shadows again. But they rather word replace the plot of Persona 2 and replace them with the Demiurge rather than finally resolve the conflict.Yet, that very hope is what keeps the oldfags coming to the new games.

Chihaya is maximum boring and I mean, fuck the relationships ARE extremely boring in the game but Chihaya's is the worst because you can barely interact with her to begin with. I rather fuck Mishima.

I can't possibly feel sorry for Haru's mild autism. Shit, you know more about Goro by the time you beat the game. Also, whenever she removes her hat in her win pose, I cannot help but think that she has a giant bald spot. You cannot unsee this now.

isn't Kaguya from persona 2? correct me if im wrong, i haven't played it.

also i agree, all of the "upgraded" persona from your party members suck.
holy shit let me keep captain kidd, that was rad as fuck. as for the other upgrades, i ran out of time to get the social links done. mostly because they ask you for fucking max stats on the 4th month.

at least she returns your fucking 100,000 yen if you get deep enough in the relationship.

is there an "improved arsene" you can fuse like there was an improved izanagi and an improved orpheus in previous games? i mean arsene was cool as fuck but you don't even get him to level 2 before you're already fusing him to something else.

There is, but he's NG+ only

Best girl to bully that is.

She'll wreck your shit.

its not that big one from the ending right?

it is, resists everything and drains curse, nulls bless

shame his skills are garbage so if you want him to have good skills you need to inherit them.

It's easier than ever with the gallows though

She can be anything she wants but she'll always be useless :^)

You gotta bullshit asap to get max stats on the third month. Since you have limited free time. I spent the entirety of summer break doing social links and shit.

Start by doing Tae's stuff as soon as possible.
The guts you get from her are invaluable and it makes it easier to chow down burgers .

Get the movie book as soon as possible. So you gain 3~4 points as opposed to 1~2.

Then you gotta stuff your face with BOIGERS at Big Bang Burger. Which for some reason increases everything but guts.

Then every week you gotta drink that stat boosting juices and water that plant with the expensive stuff.

Then for Kindness/Charm/Guts/getting a boner, you can bully the Maids at the cafe if you have free time.

Fucking rainy days fuck your shit all the way up because hurr durr no one seems to do shit when it's raining.
So many people do not know this. Read those fucking books if no one is available for a rank up.

This is Bethseda-Tier, bullshit, pic related.

too bad i dont really bother with NG+s in these games, far too tedious without a story to push you forward.

also is there any point to The World card you get at the end?

how? she has all healing spells, a Dizzy-inducing physical move, and you can even ditch that later on and focus on healing + nuke element + Marakukaja. she's versatility incarnate, compare to something like ryuji or yusuke who get "weakness" every fucking battle. to be honest, ryuji and yusuke are pretty useless until lategame.

BOIGERS increase everything but Kindness, they mainly increase guts, and whenever you beat a challenge, you get an increase to every stat but kindness, the big +3 everything only happens once, when you beat the final burger challenge. everytime after you only get +3 guys, but nothing out of the other.

yeah, once you know how to, if you being the very first day getting your stats maxed is ridiculously easy

Shut it faggot

Maybe he IS in the game after all.

She's useless unless she's suckin dick

I've been wondering this, but what is with the RED-brown eyes this time around?
Everyone and their dog seems to have them.

I ditched her media spells, kept the stat restoring spells since hardly anyone learns those, and made her a pure attacker.

I let Joker handle the knock-downs and healing.

It's moe. Also the theme colours of 5 are Black/Red

Persona games would benefit from a Yoko Taro type story where you can get more and better story by playing multiple times.

oh yeah hold on let me use a team member with horrible damage, and horrible fuel consumption.
Makoto is shit

Yusuke has the strongest melee attacks and the most ammo to spare, and his auto-sukukaja means he hardly ever misses.

I like Chie. But yeah, the characters weren't that great and they don't really grow outside of their S.Links.

Early on she's medicore.
Late game, Anat's stats are insane and her Aliment gun inflicts more often than Yusuke's Aliment Gun, despite having fewer bullets.

Boy I love wasting move slots. Thank goodness you can recall moves.

Hell, late game is just Yusuke, Makoto, Ryuji and Joker.
Come the fuck on.

I actually live in Hawaii. There has to be at least one person who speaks Japanese in every shop and hotel in Waikiki because of all the Japanese tourists and they teach Japanese as early as middle school here.

seems about right

Frei hits pretty hard, the superiority of makoto over pure melee characters is that she can do damage and heal, its very useful to have someone other than morgana on the healer role

also
you're playing wrong fam. or maybe on an easier difficulty.

yeah but he's weak to fire, i mean fire is like single handedly the most common element in the game, he gets WEAK'd every time, while Psio (the element makoto is weak to) is actually pretty rare to come by.
Yusuke has no heals, and his melee attacks, disregard being great, aren't really beyond anything until you hit level 75+ and get the "severe/colossal damage" ones. Sukukaja really isn't very useful in this game in particular

who gives a shit? really the only times you EVER use bullets are to take down enemies who are weak to them, you use 1 bullet per enemy, 2 tops if bad accuracy, and thats it.

my end team was Ann, Morgana, and Makoto.

ann gets Diarahan, she also gets Tarunda, singlehandedly the most useful debuff of all. and i kept Dormina on her the whole game through, its unbelievably useful to sleep and Technical an enemy out.
Morgana can fully heal and revive, hes the de-facto healer.
and makoto can fully heal and revive, plus massive atomic damage and Marakukaja, another essential buff, you NEED to Tarunda the enemy and Rakukaja your party to survive some of the super boss attacks

are there any fuckable hawaiian lolis?

wait, there are 2D lolis in hawaii?!

Not really, her use is filled by literally any of the other 2 people who are "complete garbage but they have a healing spell".
Drawing out a fight another 2 turns because I have to have useless 200 damage frei on the team is more likely to kill me. Her role as a healer for a majority of the game is covered by medicines.
As a whole the magic based people are useless when their whole role as knockdown for fodder is taken care of by items and anything that you need good damage for is not weak to anything making magic 200% more useless than phys

Basic melee attacks are useful if you want to conserve SP, and Yusuke's are the strongest. If you have a lot of extra coffee to pour into Makoto so she can use nukes every round, you might be playing on too easy a difficulty level.

Even if that's the only thing you're using bullets for, those enemies are common enough for ammo to be a factor in some areas.

You know they really needed a dungeon that you do with Haru before you go after her dad, so you could establish some kind of bond and trust with her. It really makes no sense that she would trust you after her dad dies.
Hell they even have it to look like the principle died the same way, soon after receiving a calling card. I would've turned those fuckers in instantly. Either Haru is dumb as shit or way too easy when it comes to earing her trust.

There's nothing to discuss. Series begin amazing, with stellar plot and great characters, but became shit when it became waifu simulator with generic anime plot (gotta get friendship power - social links - to save the world! Even more evidenced in PE4 Arena.). Only weaboos and people that don't know vastly superior rpgs like Skies of Arcadia or even the previous Personas can really like them.

Its a overated game. SAGE

For all of the loose end they left in the plot I think they just rushed it. Haru does seem to be a bit on the dull side though.

step it up fam

Really if you aren't just using them to hit weaknesses you're doing it wrong with how worthless magic is in this game

It's P3 all over again.

It's the wave of the new generation of JRPGers.
Pokemon was weak as fuck this gen.
Everything by Compile Heart/ Idea Factory is weak, except to the Diehards. Go ahead, you try introducing a normal to Ar Tolenco or Fairy Fencer or The Alchemist series.

Persona 5 is not only casual friendly, it's newfag friendly, has EZ MODE and it rustles the jimmies of Persona 2 fags like myself. It's the best JRPG currently available in English that's not Super Robot Wars.
Also, It's a FAR better introduction to SMT universe than what SMT4 attempted to do.

If she was more refined, they could have played her off as a nadishiko type character who longed for her freedom, but nah. She just wants to run her own version of Leblanc.

Also.

yeah because you start the game with spells that cost 48 right? god you're dumb and trying so hard to justify your shitty choices in party members.

not any more or less than other magic-oriented party members like Haru or Ann. Haru is an amazing DPS and she can be either bullet-oriented or Psi oriented. for the final boss Ann ended up being my damage dealer because she learns Charge at around level 60.

in fact i kept an SP Adh3 on the protagonist the whole game through (from the moment i got it that is), because getting those 7 SP each turn when you don't really have any other way to recover SP vastly prolongs the amount of time you can stay in a palace, and that means less runs per palace, which means more days to get confidant rank ups and social stats.

given that this game didn't use SMT4's stat and smirk system when it very well could have, and probably did in an earlier build I'd be willing to bet, I have a feeling they knew 4 underperformed. Hell, they probably intentionally sabotaged it so they can stick to Persona forever.

i stopped playing SMT because its all handheld shit since DDS. im sick of this "tile based movement" handheld SMTs.

I don't mind tile movement if there's something more to it than just a bunch of square rooms, which is pretty much never the case outside of the old Wizardry or MaM games.

Yeah the big 50 damage weakness hits, unless you're playing on DLC "easier for most of the fights" hard mode. in which case you're a dumbass who's trying to sound hardcore when the game's way easier on merciless

How so?

You didn't know?
you deal 300% more damage on weakness/tech hits.
The only way it's "harder" is you gain 60% less exp and money from fights

Feels like I'm grinding nothing at all.

It also effects arcana bursts when fusing

Didn't they already announce SMTV?

he's just making shit up to defend his shit party choices at this point.

in merciless its pretty easy to get oneshotted because an enemy randomly decides to critical the protag just because, happened to me several times.

that doesn't mean its easier. bosses are generally not weak to anything, oh, and you can't "technical" them either because they resist every bad status. i said earlier the final boss took me almost 2 hours to finish (and 3 somas) and i had everyone at level 70.

yeah, well, you do. dying in 1 hit is typical, you better have buffs and full HP before its the enemy turn. or high enough level to withstand a very possible critical.

stop using shitsuke and get a real party member you noob. if you're downing enemies on regular melee attacks you're playing the game wrong (or in faggot mode like normal).

Why are you responding to me like I agree with your moronic opinion?

Sounds a lot worse than hard difficulty. At least you don't have to grind on hard.

Kill me fam, I'm downloading it now.

Also. For those that like the music beyond Behind the Mask.

All three discs

mega:#!woxinIDJ!YZKInzIkJvIU3bnNJ_NpmpOfqAdQhnZNF0B57rx_YcE

mega:#!85g0XTjZ!WDdvhtjiDD43m3RW1LMRKOV7fOq1EU0SC_0VXHlk5Y8

mega:#!U1BiXT7C!j6WCQ1qCif-k_DYjyVpCyeqqMY_MfYLgiZlwmGM5SNI

also reposting templates for those that desire them, but not the bullying that comes for asking for them.

I don't think you get the irony of a final boss that easy taking you 2 hours

Do you get to "fuck" the kid from the arcade?

Now I'm gonna bully everyone who uses them.

How do I get through The Answer? I think I'm in the 4th or 5th area and it somehow became even more grindy than before

You use the hidden technique of youtube

You fucked up Atlus

I'm a faggot that didn't use the catalog. Do I play the remake or OG P1? Other than the piss poor localization, the OG seems like the better one because of the better music and intro.

That's kind of important unless you're playing the Japanese version.

Isn't it just name changes, some guy's race and less enemy encounters? That doesn't seem like much, especially not when I miss out on the super good music.

Also missing half the game.

Good to know, fuck the PSX version then.

I wanna fuck that

?

Is SMT better than persona? If so why?

no
no waifus

I like both.

If you have a psp and you can mod it, I recommend you get the original one with the fan translation. I heard it's pretty good.

Or just play it on an emulator.

In thoughtfulness yes but in waifus no

Have we started the fire?

SMT is just Persona with less content, there's nothing to do but dungeon dive.

Finally finished other games I was playing and got started on this, the polish/style is pretty neato. I don't know where this bad translation meme came from but it hasn't been bad at all, far more jarring is the choice in english va's.
After the third character saying sah-kamma-toe or tah-kama-kee I restarted with jap audio and everything's fine.
music and waifus top notch

Does anyone agree that Makoto was adorable when she was spying on you?

Fun fact: Atlus specifically told the English VA's to pronounce the names that way, despite the VAs knowing the correct pronunciation. Pretty weird choice.

That's about all she's got going for her and you know it.
We already had superior detective choice in the last game. This time the cake wins.

Though I will admit, on NG+ I have a hard time choosing between Sadayo and Ann.
As much as the cat annoys me, Mona is still best bro and his genuine affection for Ann would make me feel guilty if I romance her.

It was cute as heck, yeah. The extremely poor attempt to stay hidden and the terrible excuses when found out were great.

Wait, that's what ther faces look like? Kawakami looks like they just stopped caring halfway down the face.
That smug is priceless, though.

Shadow Sae freaks me out.

If she kept that up when you romanced her I probably would have chosen her. I'm shallow for adorable stalkers.

Only a margin of these portraits is shown in-game shown but as these rips demonstrate, there's full illustrations.

Anyway, time to 'fess up - how many of you decided to button mash ?

IM A SHAP-SHIFTER~
APPLE'S MASQUERADE~

WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP WAKE UP GET UP

Reminds of something out of a McFarlane comic

I wish I had a webm of that TIME TO BUTTON MASH moment. I pissed myself laughing.

I haven't finished my first playthrough yet stuck on getting all 5 letters to get to Shido, but I'm already debating over who to pick on the second playthrough which is either between Sadayo, Hifumi, or Haru. Sadayo is always best cake, Hifumi is an honorable sweetheart, and Haru is an adorable gardener that likes horror movies.

Yes
it isnt a waifu/harem wish fulfillment "game" with a half-ased dungeon crawler tacked on top of it like an afterthough

If anything she's more like Mitsuru, I was actually surprised when they assigned her the Priestess Arcana instead of the Empress Arcana, then again it would make sense that they assigned it to Haru because of her rich family.

Makoto = kawakami > tae > chihaya > ohya > haru > ann > hifumi > futaba

I just want to earn the full story

Seems more like an even worse naoto tbh

Best posts in the thread.

I still can't believe how unbelievably garbage Shido's bossfight was.

Not even the androidfu could save that travesty.
Best part of P5 is that, despite the crapsack latter half of the game and its terrible pacing and final bosses, the ultimate evil actually made sense this time.
Objectively incorrect and proven false in that very game. It is also so stupid it makes me sick, like if just any random percentage of mankind being suicidal could summon an ultimate deathgod you'd think we'd all be dead already. And if it was "most people" then guess what the population of the world would be if "most people" just wanted to off themselves? Completely moronic.
This was obviously a revenge motive but they never actually followed up with that and tried to make the villain seem like they were testing mankind. That latter portion was dumb.
Finally, after three games they finally made a "mastermind deity tests mankind/answers mankind's desire" plot which makes sense. This is very much according to reality (since we all know how the vast majority would rather be ignorant and unchallenged than think for themselves and/or face reality) and is proven in the story itself, too.

Too bad the entire plot had next to nothing to do with that and it only really showed up as a theme at the last third of the game.

Finally beat Justine and Caroline. Learned that Caroline cried the first time she saw a persona fusion, that there are poses she's too embarrassed to do after practicing them and that Justine sometimes misses you when your not in your cell. Got 3 Somas, 2 Soul Food, an Omnipotent Orb and Justine's bookmark. All in all it was worth the hassle.

Was anyone else pissed that she just ran off to where the fat Yakuza dude was? Shit, I get she wanted to be useful, but holy fuck, can't she just sit her ass down before she gets turns into spank bank change?

>having Ann "face-down, ass-up" Takakamakakamaki and Togo "Chuuni" Hifumi lesser than Chihaya "Depressing 10th Rank" Whatserface and Haru, the blandest character with no real character in the game
Come on, user

I agree otherwise, though.

Sadayo is best, but Hifumi is a bit like a virginal Sadayo her backstory is pretty messed up, from what I hear - though I'm at rank 6 and she's just talking about Shogi this and that
I really wish Hifumi was a persona user. Her chuuni side would have been great in combat.

Dude, she's just so clever, you can't understand it because she's so clever

Did you max out her link?
Nothing really like Naoto, it's not like she was investigating because she wanted to, she was being forced.

Probably not her intention, they needed the guys name and she was flustered as it was when she did that, type of person that can't think straight when they're pissed and/or upset.

Fuse more Personas, get some better gear and if all else fails You grind some more, The problem with the answer it gets a bit grindy

I hear that you get the "real" reward when you give the bookmark to Lavenza later in the game. DO IT AND TELL US WHAT HAPPENS
DO YOU GET TO KISS THE LOLI

For an Omnipotent Orb? Hardly. I mean it's fun to have P5's version of the Masakados Magatama but the game is ridiculously easy to begin with.
That bookmark, though. I need to know what happens!

best detective in a persona game bar none

Well if I consider her like that then she's much more palatable. I miss Mitsuru, though. We will never again get a wealthy redhead, will we?
And the only game where we can have one we get turned into an eternal paralytic doorknob.

P3 is so trash

She's a horrible character who the game wants to make sure you realize how clever she is when she is the dumbest fucker next to Ryuji. She fills the same role naoto does by attempting to be the MC's mouthpiece (until shido , but manages to cock up the first thing she does.
And also that totally was her intention, there's no way she could've even thought that'd end up in any way other than badly. I don't care if she was coerced into it by the principle, as an introduction for the supposed "clever" character she fails miserably.

Yeah, now imagine if Naoto had to be flat out told by Yosuke exactly what you were doing and she didn't figure anything at all out until you told her, and then the game still has the gall to act like she figured anything out.

I'm kinda burnt out after that fight I think I'll give Lavenza the bookmark later. Still have one more dungeon to get through after all though it's nothing compared to that goddamn fight. Also I meant 20 Soul Foods. I thought it was a decent enough reward.

Sad!

I hate P4A & P4AU for teasing that he might get released

Honestly i havent played 5 yet so i cant argue a case for makoto but
Naoto was sold as super detective who gets called to consult the hard cases for cops. Like a mini batman she even comes to town with a butler.
I doubt Makoto is worse than that

Did you get blueballed on who wrote the list for the twins?

Why else would Igor need a thief?

RIGHT!?

She's in the same vein of awful. I don't want to spoil it, but her introduction is her doing the dumbest thing in the story outside of the comic relief stupid character. While the game then talks about how clever she is.
Her only use is that she's related to someone in the police so she can steal files

I haven't played 5 i don't know what list you're talking about
But if you're telling me they teased Liz working to save MC and then didnt follow through, I'll pirate this game on principle.

I don't think you know what the fuck you're talking about. Maybe you should calm your jimmies with some soothing tap water.

Never thought a couple of lines of text could make me feel so warm inside.

Tell me then, what the fuck did Makoto do in the story other than copy her sister's files one time.
She gets captured by the yakuza and extorted for 3000000 yen.
She… does nothing while futaba, MC and Morgana hatch the plan to do that whole stupid ass bait and switch that the entire framing story is about.
She goes to Destiny land

The strength arcana is the velvet room twins. They give you a list of personas you have to make to rank up the arcana. They find out midway through that neither of them made the list and they don't know who did. The handwriting seems familiar but they didn't write it and neither did Igor. Turns out it did not go where I thought it was going.

What the fuck else was I supposed to think? There's a list to help you progress, you're a phantom thief, AYY. It was really just wishful thinking.

If you had paid attention you would know that her whole deal is that she doesn't like everyone perceiving her like you do. You have completely missed the point.

You need to relax, relative

What fucking point?
She has no god damn personality, oh she wants to be perceived as something other than her honor student self. Too bad she does absolutely nothing the entire story to reflect that in any way.
She's an awful fucking character in a game with quite a few awful characters.

That reveals great aspects of her character. Like… she… is absolutely devoid of any personality

I think you're absolutely devoid of legs to stand on.

You never had any legs. She does absolutely nothing of value at all that requires her to be who she is, her introduction paints her as the second worst character in terms of thinking things out, and her entire social link is her doing the same shtick as mitsuru's.

While she's dull as fuck, she does draw supicion away from your unlikely friendship.

The whole identity that she's trying to get away from shields you from people actually caring.
They look at it and say

But she-

Which I don't think you understand.

Ryuji, Ann, Yusuke, and Haru exist so she's already hit above average without even trying.

I don't remember Mitsuru's very well so I can't say shit. Holy shit it's been a while.

She knows she's dull(or perceived as such) and tries not to be. That's kind of the point.

The story is that Protag from P3 became a door

Mitsurus was similar, you actually took her out to eat a lot at places where normalfags went to eat. She wanted to get away from her sheltered life by having MC take her to these places. I think at about rank 7 you find out that she has an arranged marriage but the guy is a complete dick to her (Like Haru's social link.) She eventually tells him to fuck off and you two fall in love.

Guess you forgot that the Priestess arcana typically stars girls that are quiet and perceived to be somewhat boring but deep inside they are passionate people that are typically embarrassed to show how they really feel. There's a reason why there's running themes when it comes to the people that fall under certain Arcanas.

One Arcana that I didn't really see the theme in was Naoto's where she fell under the Fortune Arcana. Didn't really make sense to me, she'd fall under Empress if anything considering the butler and pretty sheltered life (relatively)

I feel the same way, but I can't really put my finger on why P5 is less memorable, despite being technically better than either P3 or P4. I think it's at least partially due to the fact that it's the third game of its kind in the series so it's simply less novel as a result for me. Some of the characters feel a bit rehashed for this reason, I think. Ryuji is a little too similar to Junpei and Kanji for me, for example. I have a feeling that's not the only thing, though, and I'd still find P3 more memorable and appealing in some ways even if I had played it after P5. I do think P5's OST has better "hits" than either P4 or P3, but P3's was better overall as a soundtrack.

Literally the only good character from the party roster. I fucking hate that his character became full on "NO DUDE I'M NOT GAY" in every other iteration of P4.

Anyone who likes anything about P4 especially in the context of P5 existing needs to fucking kill themselves.

calm down edgemeister

>>>/reddit/

Here

He has been ID hopping the whole thread.

No, I haven't. Turns out multiple people acknowledge P4 as unmitigated dogshit.

That's a bit harsh bro.
I used to feel that anyone who liked any Persona game after 2 should kill themselves, but then I realized people can like whatever they want as long as they're not tremendous faggots about it.
That said, I am extremely salty that Persona 5 could be called Persona 2 : Happy Ending Edition.

I never thought he was gay. Tailoring and Tapestry are manly arts that happen to be completely out of style in a world tainted by faggots convinced everyone should chop off their penis.

Haru might of well not existed. Yusuke is boring. Kawakami is worst girl because she's an actual whore/used goods.
Akechi's motivations are pathetic. Morgana is annoyingly emo. Hifumi is low tier.
Makoto, Caroline, Justine and Lavenza are CUTE.

You don't have any proof that Kawakami isn't pure.

Nobody else hires her because she is too old for those tasteless plebs.

This is just plain wrong. She's playing as a sexy maid. She's not hired for sex.

In her social link they literally call her out for working in the sex industry, and there are "services" she'll give to MC as a client when he gets older

That's just a sales pitch she used since she is desperate for cash. She would never go through with it with a stranger though.

It's a sleazy part but it wasn't the legit sex industry since she almost joined the legit sex industry.

Pure Body - Dirty Mind
Futaba

Pure Tier
Ann
Makoto.
Hifumi
Haru.

Cake Tier.
Kawakami
Ohya
Tae
Chihaya

Japan is a odd country.
If you're decent looking you can work as a gravature model or in the sex industry without actually fucking someone. You might have to demean youself in various ways and people will offer you tons of money for sex but you can refuse it.

U S E D
G O O D S

Meanwhile Makoto, Carole, Justine and Lavenza have NEVER given someone a lap dance or taken their top off for.
P U R E
AND
C U T E

Slutkoto had her purity stolen by Kaneshiro.

Hey. You can't fuck her heart aight.

Do the beings of the Velvet Room even have functional sexual organs?

Please redpill me on the story. I read a summary of it on Wikipedia when the game first came out but that summary seemed to not show anything about it being interesting at all.

user

I think the most infuriating part of P4's cast is that it's just a non-stop suckfest. You need the jaws of life to separate Yosuke's mouth from your crotch the second you meet him and it doesn't let up. At least in P3 and (to a lesser extent) P5 it felt like you had to actually kind of do something to get some respect from most of your party. P4 is non-stop egostroking.

But I don't want to fuck them, I want to protect them

It has been 7 years or so since I played it last time but this game is awesome. I don't think there is anything that compares to it even today sky pirates JRPG

I never heard of the term before and I am thankful that you mentionned it but after reading it up online I cannot understand why Hifumi would fall into this category. Would you elaborate more on this topic?

some guys like bland girls and it is totally OK to do so. Gamefags forum had a poll and she turned out to be by far the most popular girl even for semi-normalfags. In the first quarter of the game I liked her most as well even if she was smug and cold as fuck (user, I will not hang out with you, your knowledge levels are pathetic you fucking pleb). Can someone tell me how her confidant missions turned out? Did she save her friend from the money-sucking host?

I agree to most of your list but somehow I cannot think about Anne as anything other than some football chad's stupid stacie. Her whole shiho subplot feels shallow and her metaverse dress is too lewd for me to consider her pure. Then the whole point of beeing ostracized in school seems ridiculous for a girl that looks this hot, even if she is non-japanese no she cannot be half, I know 2 half-japanese kids from town and they have no european features whatsoever, they should have just been honest and made her the daughter of a GI stationned in Japan.
I also think the purity is linked to how demanding the girls are when it comes to your social stats. For proceeding with confidant missions, Makoto wants Lv. 5 charm, Hifumi wants Lv. 5 knowledge, Haru and Futaba want Lv. 4 proficiency/kindness.

Kawakamis back story felt like a poor excuse for her sex industry past. I would have left the reason for it to be the hospital bills for her sister like she mentionned in the first few times you meet her. Ohya is probably the most mature of the girls apart from Niijima and she comes with some really bad alcohol habits and overall she is pretty jolly and fun to be around. Somehow nobody gives a shit about her which I find interesting. Takemi has a good heart but I cannot take her serious as a doctor when she dresses so inappropriate even when meeting patients. Chihaya is really cute but very naive and I like her headband very much. It really is a shame that she got exploited by bad people ever since she came to tokyo she worked in a night club at first and then got into some crew that used her for their fraud schemes.

I find him funny.

It's when she starts talking about her demon eye and all that shit, all the weird stuff she says when she is playing Shogi, it's a common trait of chuunis. Pic related is a chuuni.

That being said chuuni girls are my favourite and Atlus somehow managed to make one that I'm not interested in, but is completely boring.

Also she saves her friend, ends up bitch slapping her. But she saves her completely off screen and it's just "oh by the way x is okay now'.

Social link romance tiers

Headpat tier

Pretend to be my boyfriend tier

Do you like older women tier

Boring tier

Why do you even exist tier

SLUT tier

you guys are wierd

She and Haru should have just been taken out the game

That's not Junpei…that's Jason Statham.

THE MC IS SHO
THIS IS CANON

Akechi = Adachi - Both are the villains
Yusuke = Yosuke - Both are the fags
Haru = Koromaru - Both are pointless

Cold Steel does nuPersona better than Persona.

As a yugioh fag I absolutely adored her shogi spergouts. I recently watched the Dark Side of Dimensions (latest ygo movie) and I think she would fit pretty well even there. They doubled their autism and Kaiba is hilarious the entire movie.
Yes I remember she talked about some third eye but I understood it more as some metaphor. I will keep attention to those details on my second playthrough. In the beginning Hifumi really believes she is some pro player while most of her matches have been rigged by her mother. After finding out about it, and losing to a real player she questions her own behaviour from the past and realizes that she is not even that good at Shogi. But as you mentionned, in the beginning you could say that she had some delusions about beeing better than adults.

I don't think they should have been taken out. The problem with Haru is that she joins your crew too late and then blindly follows you after probably killing her dad. Then she forgives Akechi for killing her dad. I wanted her to get revenge but the faggot Akechi died a faggot death instead or might come back because his death was not shown lel xD
Her gardening hobbies were a nice part of her. Ohya reminds me of Misato with all her bad habits. I believe her short hair and clothing is one of the reasons why she is so unpopular.

holy shit, chihaya asked me exactly this and there was some answer like "hell yeah" you could choose
It was an awkward moment because chihaya does not even look that old and mentally she reminds me of a junior high school girl

pic related, it gives you a change of heart

And once again, can some Makotofriend tell me how her confidant mission turns out in the end? Will she save her friend from the host? I only got to rank 8 with Makoto

She tricks the boyfriend into referring to her friend as Makoto, which lets her know without any doubt that he has multiple "princesses" and can't even remember their names. Her friend still insists on defending him, however, so she decides to just slap the shit out of her and tell her to stop being a fuck retard, which actually works.

so what happened to Elizabeth, Margret, and Theodore?

im like 40 hours in

Ann isn't Japanese right ? Ryuji says in passing "she grew up overseas" then they say she stands out in crowd. the only thing i don't get is her last name is Japanese

japan is famous for bringing in very young models from Eastern Europe on work visas. she says she's done model work before when you first meet her. also when when she asks the guy about a job he says " it should be very easy for some one like you to get a job:"

if this is explained down the road I'll just wait. i just didn't get her last name .

Her parents are models, she's traveled a lot thanks to that and grew up in Europe

This is the same retarded japanese understanding of halfbreeds like always. In metal gear solid you have kazukira miller, who is obviously fully american but the japs believe that beeing half american and half japanese will produce a japanese that has natural blonde hair and european esthetics. Then you have asuka langley who magically gets red hair after her germanic side gets culturally enriched (germans are not even known for redheads). They likely did not research well or they are lying to themselves. I know half-breeds from IRL and they have little to no european features. Same goes for all the "hafu" models you see in Japan. Not a single one of them has blonde hair (natural blonde). Best you can get is an asian girl that has some european facial features but never blonde hair like ann. For me Anne is 100% american and I don't care what Atlus says.

I think the Japanese are just too proud to admit that a character cannot be japanese. Like it was a giantic catastrophic defeat to have one in your game.

(checked)
I'm glad it turned out this way

hey man I thought I'd try and make your great image even better

try merciless you pussy
no its not, thats your faggot self-mental defense for not playing a real manly difficulty with a good party setup. the boss doesn't have a single weakness so how is it easier? the only one getting critical'd for 900 damage is YOU.

let them have this one, this is the only way they can be blonde, or at least feel like they're blonde

that's an angel that i didn't then think about. I remember seeing a doc on child models and how they will dump them in japan as early as 11. i thought this was like a comment on that.

but now that you point that out makes perfect sense Japanese isolationism. like how everyone was pissed ms. japan was half black last year. where she could easily come off as a pacific islander in a game they would make her have an Afro.

angle*

well the japs really do seem to have this desire to be blonde. Blonde anime girls are everywhere, Dragonball had blonde alien super fighters
They seem to truly adore white beauty

its natural i guess, the facial features of blonde women simply pick all the right spots in the brain.

or maybe they're getting westernized a little too hard.

Nigger, Koro was the best part of P3's cast.

Haru's alright. I like that she wields axes, is kind of dumb and unreasonably nice as character traits, has a MaGun, has a family motto that is basically "BETRAY EVERYONE YOU EVER MEET", and has a pretty cute character design. If she didn't drink coffee made from elephant shit, I'd consider dating her.

Yes I get and agree with the criticism that she needs way more development before joining the phantom thieves, but she's mostly an excuse for a red herring, so I understand why they did it.

FUCK YOU! YUSUKE IS THE BEST AUTIST!

buy the broken laptop and the PC Repair Toolkit
HE'S BAAAACK

There's a difference between subtle reference and beating your brains in.

so can anyone explain what the fuck happened after the casino?

its like they tried to add a very forced "remember the truth" scene from Persona 4, except they show you a long cutscene of something that you didn't see before that is, your party members setting up some sort of trap in the interrogation room, or better said, the cognitive metaverse version of the interrogation room, let alone knowing how the fuck they got in there in the first place, and also a brief scene about morgana telling you all about how goro is the obvious tr8tor

in p4 it was well done because you pretty much knew namatame wasn't the real killer but here it feels a little forced. they throw in a bunch of scenes that you didn't see during the whole recalling thing.

I feel like the game would have been better in general if it didn't have any flashbacks.

tl;dr they fucked up the presentation of the story by mixing an omniscient first person narrator and an omniscient third person narration. The story is coherant, but the details become so incredibly muddled that it makes anyone who paid attention stop and say " Wait a sec are you trying to hee-ho me?"

The first 3/4ths of the game are essentially embed related.

The problem is that you can only suspend your disbelief so much before everything falls to the ground.

Okay, assume yeah, the game is going to show you what the EVIL VILLIANS are planning , for the player's benifit. That happens in all JRPGS that aren't first person. The problem? The first 3/4th of the game are a first person, flashback/past tense narration. The MC is not present to these events, by extention, the human player should not be privy to them either and when we learn later, they were never informed of these events either.

The last 1/4th of the game is third person real time, in which you're suddenly not omnipotent and can't see things such as Goro being alive or dead because face it, Futaba couldn't scan a QR code.
BUT we go back to traditional third person, the human player is omniscient and can see everything happening to the world as you make your way through the final dungeon.

The game would be 100% better if they didn't have those extra scenes that the MC would have no idea even occured- these are events that you were never told about, nor did the player know happened if things were conducted reasonably.

And insult to injury you can't remember the three scenes that decide if you live or die. Apparently, we can witness and recall what Makoto and Sae had for fucking dinner on 6/25 but the plan to lure the killer into the metaverse is BLURRSHINYBLURRBLURRBLURR. Whatever.

Yeah yeah, all those scenes were done for the benifit of the player, but by panning the camera and showing Okamura's assaination, they completely killed any and all shock that would have been had by that scene.
Imagine this.
Presto. Instant player punch and you're left wondering what the fuck happened. But nah, they're going to show you, the player what happened immediately after You, the MC left in a story that the MC is telling Sae

Not going to lie.
I kekked when she slapped her

Holy shit, did either of you play the game?

She fucking mentions 'special services' when you do the Operation Maidwatch thing with Ryuji and Mishima. She even says 'You're a bit too young for what I normally offer.'

God damn, how dense do you have to be?

see
You're the dense fuck.

That's why she gives 'special' massages, right? ALso, wouldn't an older woman like her (that she mentions all the time) have to work harder for clients?

Are you that naive?

If she was working in a Maid Cafe or something, sure, there'd be no sex involved.

i think so too.

why couldn't the game start with just ONE short flashback of the shido scene where he makes the woman blame you and you get put in probation.

but no, it had to start at the end of the fucking casino because that was the promotional scene/video for the entire game.

Nigger, in the fucking social link she mentions a job she could've taken which is basically implies legit sex work. The only thing Kawakami is as a Health Delivery Girl is that she's a sexy maid. That's it.

this post proves I need a nap

She works for a legit company. ie; they do things in a sexy way. ie, she'd dust your room, in fishnet stockings, she'd bend over and go tee-hee but she's not gonna dust your dick.
She considered working for a non-legit company because they make more money.
All the shame of working a job that gets you called a whore and none of the benefits of actually being a whore.

Anyway, did anyone notice that they really glorified Freeters in the game? You can just walk into places and get a job you don't have to show up for daily, they just pay your hourly wage and you leave.
If this wasn't a Persona game, I'd say this entire game is "Introduction to Japanese Culture outside of Anime and Maid Cafes" Too bad it doesn't go any deeper, I'd love to hear Yoshida get drunk and rant about the youth in a social link.

good men don't get drunk, he should have been prime minister.

Hm hm. Fair points, but I still think, given how much the game harps about her being old and undesirable, that she'd go the 'massage with full release' angle since she's apparently indebted to those assholes.

And did anyone else realize how damn near 40-50% of the main storylines of the game involve people being shaken down?

>Sojiro getting shaken down by his asshole cousin or whatever
>Kawakami being shaken down by those asshole parents
>GET SMOKED kid shaking down other kids

Christ, I'm surprised Mr. Shakedown from Yakuza 0 doesn't have a palace in the game.

The MC's canonical name is [insert] Brooks.
Because he not only has Vincent's hair (and hair gesture, where he twiddles his curls in thought, and he walks around with his hands in his pockets) but he also has Katherine's glasses.

its mementos with an E, not momentos.

ROLLAN

so the entire metaverse existed because Yaldabaoth existed?

couldn't you say that the study of cognitive psience done by wakaba was just a study on the powers of Yaldabaoth? because all of it disappears when you kill it.

Let's do this!

FUCK YEAH!

As long as it's not 80's I'm good

You lucky little spit

I'm not prepared for this.

Edgy punk trash vs Classy swingin' jazz

Wouldn't be suprsing if Vincent was his father, considering the hell Drrumyzoid went through to get him to procreate.

This also brings me back to something I thought of.

If according the Morgana and the world is just cognition. That means..The characters of P3,P4 and P5 do not live in the "real" world.
Everyone is struggling to protect a fantasy world, to keep the memories of the real world, aka the world of Persona 2 from returning.
It also ties into Catherine when you think about it.
Drumazoid is only active when there's a significantly low number of humans, which is fine.. but there is not a problem with the population in the fantasy world.
In the Real World though, the remaining humans are still on Xibalba and Sumaro City, with no way back to earth and slowly losing numbers, some want to die, some want to live and their collective thoughts summoned him in the same way they summoned Nyx and will keep summoning Nyx, you know, third times a charm.

The beings of the collective unconsciousness see that Philemon and Narly are not actively duking it out anymore and the fantasy world is up for grabs, so they interfere with the game to try to gain control over the fantasy world. Which those two fucks then use to continue their game anyway, regardless of who interferes.

I mean fuck, did Lavenza have to repeat the plot twist for Persona 2 word for fucking word? I can't stop thinking about that.

The strong bully the weak. Except when there's magical brainwashing involved.

The metaverse exists with or without Yaldabaoth the Demiurge.
Essentially, if they believe it to exist, they can come and go freely. But since they're lead to believe it's destroyed they cannot.
He was ultimately pretty pointless and only served to introduce newfags to the series to the absolute dickery of the Law path in mainline SMT games.
Ayy lmao.

What have I done?

i think you're reading a little too deep onto it user

>why did you choose her?
Okay I really wanted to choose Ann for the NG+ but I've successfully guilted myself out of it. I'll go for Hifumi or choose Best Cake again.

i agree :^)

so is morgana a shadow, a actual cat or something related to final boss and really spoily?

spoliy

For every time you told me to go the fuck to sleep. You didn't let me chill with a DVD or a crossword puzzle so now I've no choice but to NTR a freakin' cat.

Morgana's lucky with me 'cause Ann's not my type. Heck! I find practically every non party girl is a better choice.

We better get a fully fleshed-out romane with her when the inevitable re-release comes out because she is the best option that is not an option.

How does it feel?

There's just too much coincidence to be ignored.

Rolling now

What is this 'cake' meme?

He gets taken care of, user. Don't worry.

When anons found out you could bang the teacher they started making edits of this art from pixiv.

sounds like you havent finished the game, hence why you don't know. because they tell you exactly what he is near the end.

don't read if you haven't finished the game
he's a creature created by lavenza, the original form of justine & caroline, to guide the Trickster into saving humanity from yaldabaoth. she created him before she got divided into two and lost her memories.

yeah i definitely cannot wait for Persona 5 Golden FES to have to spend another 60 dollars (or 3 days of torrenting on my slow internet). where we finally get the real game because this one was an unfinished mess without any personas of the The World arcana "but you still get the card at the end goy even though its absolutely useless".

to be honest, i never played the original persona 3, i started with FES because the game was already old by the time i got into the persona series (somewhere around 2010?) when P4 came along, it wasn't very good, it couldn't reach the expectations i was left with persona 3, so i never bothered with P4G (and yes, i actually put up with the english voices…)

no user, those are just cross references, not everything has to be a single unified universe like what marvel is trying to do.

i've heard theories that say the FF10 world is actually the FF7 world but "several millenia before". and of course there is the autism surrounding the zelda series because "everything has to be a single universe!!1" this is one meme that needs to stop, when games are separate they're separate and thats it, pls stop trying to unificate everything into a single timeline.

Yeah, but is that also where the 'cake' thing comes from? I'm not talking about the source of that comic itself, but rather 'cake' meaning 'milf' or something.

Help cure my ignorance on this, someone.

Honestly? It feels really bad_

pics for posterity

that's just nightmare fuel

Meant to quote

In Japan, women had traditionally been expected to marry at a young age and those who were unmarried after the age of 25 were sometimes scornfully referred to as Christmas cakes (unsold after the 25th)

P5 Crimson will be either 2 years or ps5 is my guess.

is highschool in japan really that demanding? like shit i'd have killed myself if i had to go to school on saturdays and summer vacations were 1 month instead of 3 months.

'Tis an ancient meme from a time before Facebook.
It's a metaphor for women's attractiveness. No one wants a Christmas Cake past Dec.25th and the desire for it continues to drop as it gets further from that date. All of the older females have exceeded their cake date. Hell, one of the cops in the game taunts Sae by telling her to find a husband.

The demons being the same is just Atlus being too lazy to create new models beyond special characters and bosses. Everytime they create a new asset they abuse the shit out of it for a couple of games.
It's really jarring to see the new designs in a battle with the old designs.

Unlike Final Fantasy, this is a world that has had not one, but two cosmic re-write events. It doesn't help that the plot is almost identical to the previous game.
Anyway The first rewrite one essentially says " No one will be allowed to remember the original world and those who do will only be able to bring suffering."
ie, it's why the Reaper looks like Tatsuya. He's was one of the few people who is unlucky enough to recall the original world. You'd think it was simple reference- but the Reaper wearing his clothes and looking for anyone tampering with the fabric of reality is a great punishment…an eternal punishment one could say.

The second rewrite, albiet minor and not world shaking like the one in Persona 2, does not require the trenmendous pain and sacrifice of the first rewrite, which allows everyone in P5 to live happily ever after, until the DLC punishes them for doing so.

I wonder if every time you're with Sae, Arsene and Leviathan are clangin' in the Metaverse.

I don't even know how I got goyed into this when I've a bunch of other games I still haven't fully delved into.

I'm curious about the possible FG though. These characters seem more fitting for a FG cast than P3/P4 and it could be pretty interesting if Shido and Leviathan are playable.

From urban dictionary:
A woman 26 years+ who is considered to be past her prime, undesirable, used goods and/or no good.
The term originates from Japan where it is tradition to eat cake on Christmas. So a cake intended for Christmas that was not eaten or is left over is considered bad and should be thrown out. Japanese businessmen coined the term, once again emphasizing the Japanese desire for a young and virginal wife. Japanese women over the age of 26 most often have to rely on either a hastily semi-arranged marriage to a friend of the family or, more frequently, marry a foreigner as they are rarely aware of the stigma or don't care.

My sides ranked up.

Side note, I was surprised at how easy fusion is in this game and they completely do away with the randomness by letting you pick the skills to inherit while in P4 you'd have to go back and forth for eons to get that ones you wanted. I still have my printed chart for P4 and was borderline autistically good at getting what I wanted.

Learn something new every day; thanks anons.

And hell yes I'd frost that cake.

They're both good, but for different reasons. The other Megami Tensei games don't have any life sim elements and typically have a much more grim setting and story than Persona 3-5. If you like the combat and persona fusion mechanics in Persona 3-5 and if a war between angels and demons in a post-apocalyptic Tokyo in which you have to decide what way of life and ideology is best for the world sounds appealing you, then give it a try. Not all the SMT games follow that formula, but that should give you a rough idea. If you've already played P3, P4, and/or P5, a good introduction point would be SMT III: Nocturne, which is regarded as one of the best in the series, if not the best, or SMT:IV, which isn't nearly as good, but is significantly easier than Nocturne. You can consult the image I've posted here if you want to know what other games there are in the franchise and which games are good places to start.

the BEST

It's a shame we never had another mainline SMT title after Nocturne. I mean, we did have Strange Journey and that was alright for the most part, but another mainline title would have been pretty cool
SMTIV DOES NOT EXIST SMTIV-Apocolypse DOES NOT EXIST

I like the sound of that. Arsene seems like he'd be up for it.

They actually changed that in P4G to the system you see now. I know what you mean, though. I was that way for Nocturne.

I just realized that Mona is there with you on Valentines and though he giggles mischievously in every other scenario he just sighs sadly if you romance Ann.

We have to start the next thread with this.

These threads are hilarious.

Cat bullying is real and it is not ok.

Why?

Next thread will be cat bullying edition

Laziness, I guess. Also marketing.
It's easier to make a cartoon emotive and adorable in comparison to a normal cat face. Cartoon Cat is also more marketable.

i figure it was because since the metaverse is gone, so is morgana's thief form. so they switched the portrait too.

also morgana can fix a fucking car, with its cat paws. and no one bats an eye at the fact that a cat is fiddling around with a plug, a screwdriver and a wrench in his mouth on a car engine.

I can understand if that really was Vincent's kid, but I choose neither of those bitches in the Catherine game and made Vincent go to space. Must of gotten space booty during his trip and the result is P5 MC

When this thread hits page 13 I'm making the new one

I not only like this reference but I look forward to the YakuzaxPersona crossover title where Kiryu finally gets a stand

Definitely more useful yet more confusing than Teddy.

Stupid question time - rule of thumb how what's the smartest use of time for sending calling cards? Do you clear the dungeon asap or do you leave it near the deadline and use the time to boost attributes and confidants?
I'm doing the later like I did in P4 but neither Ann or Ryuji are available and now I'm feeling like a stupid asshole seeing that everybody's glazing the cake and I'm just sitting here crafting tools.
Sending the card to Madarame right now.

Always the best choice

its the same really.

if you go to the Palace on day 1 it becomes available and reach the very ending, then you send the calling card the next day. the remaining 20 days or so are free time where you are "waiting for the change of heart"

its really irrelevant, just remember that completing a dungeon takes 2 whole days out of your time, one where you send the calling card (you cant go to town at night on the calling card day, BUT you can do things inside leblanc, like reading, making coffee/curry, or make tools) and the following day will be spent in the attack, so unless you have kawakamis link maxed out thats another entire day lost.

try to make those 2 days be 2 days where none of the social links you need/can level are available.

yeah i remember that thread.

its so fucking stupid, yet strangely funny

Anyone else get depressed when they finish a persona game?

Only 3 since that actually had a sad ending.

New thread

only because now i have to go search for other games to play.

persona games are incredibly time consuming, its hard not to get attached to such an aesthetically pleasing and fun game after 150 hours. the music, the menus, the transition between screens, the ambient, you know that nothing will come as close in the level of goodness of these things, and that does make me kinda sad.

also actually has a "good ending" that is actually fucking sad.

was it locked because we're still not in page 13?

I wonder how angry this will make me

Well at least it's not Haru

trips and you should get the velvet lolis, all 3 of them

move to the thread in

its been unlocked