Quake & Rail Gun gap

Quake & Rail Gun gap

HOW MANY OF YOU FAGS CAN ACTUALLY MAKE THIS JUMP? I know you just pretend to like arena FPS and shit. Only about 4 people here know what's what.

Quake general and shit. I'm getting tired of Quake Champions. Yes, Quake felt like ice skates, and the map proportions were weird, but it that was a part of which made it work. You die at fucking CoD speed with fewer movement options to avoid death from spawn than Quake Live, and the maps are so cramped.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HnIeHqBk8v4&feature=youtu.be
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843395075&searchtext=bridge
youtube.com/watch?v=hN6VNnOPYaw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy shit kill yourself.

The overwhelming majority of people who say they like these games can't complete this jump. What does that say.

I don't play Quake Live but I can make this jump.

Ah, yeah this jump

I still remember training it.
I could maybe make it 30-40% of the time only.

And then they started to begin charging for ql,
and I haven't played it since then

i can get make that gap, it's just a half circle jump, ezpz

There's something pleasurable about that thumping.

sounds almost like the walking in Wizardry 8 but without the muddy stomping.

Thankfully I don't pretend to like something just so I can fit in. I couldn't give less of a shit about arena shooters let alone Quake.

That jump is EASY to do, stop acting like it's some rite of initiation. How about an actually difficult one? No rocketjumps, either.

This shit is no different from crouch jumping into those containers in that Counter Strike Source ZM map.

Thank you for sharing your insightful opinions with us.

fags

Reminder that Quake 1 is the only true Quake game.

just build up speed for like 12 seconds

that jump makes my balls shrink everytime

zm_panic? Ctrl+space timing is childs play compared to this.

says its par for the course for me

Wow, the female grunt sound is awful. No wonder I never hear it.

Classic FPS thread is auto-saging so I figured I would ask here. Is there some kind of Holla Forums recommended list of classic FPS? (fast paced, carry all weapons, no regen health, complex level design, etc)

Judging from the amount of people currently playing Quake: 0

DOOM is your game m8. On top of original one, there's an absolute assload of mods that basically turn it into a different game.

Brutal Doom

Blood Is fantastic im sure there are plenty of openGL downloads you can use for it

fuck u im taking this bait brutal doom is aids and pretending its good makes you aids too

OP HERE

Downloaded a practice map from the workshop that helps you setup faster. I did it boys. Key is the mouse movement/strafe timing for momentum on the first jump, and aiming for the right spot on the otherside with just enough air steer.

I think the Quake Live training video for this actually cheats with a modified version of the map, at least it seems like they stand on midair at the final jump;
youtube.com/watch?v=HnIeHqBk8v4&feature=youtu.be

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843395075&searchtext=bridge

type 'map br2rail ffa' in console

Brutal DOOM is just a fun, dumb mod. It's ok to like that. Remove the stick from your rectum.

youtube.com/watch?v=hN6VNnOPYaw
I can make that jump, easy. I've always been mesmerized by the best strafe jumpers though.

i think this post perfectly captures why i don't understand the "omg brutal doom is so shit" standpoint. it's not supposed to be fucking war and peace, it's dumb and bombastic and over the top and it's fun. but then again, i think farts are funny and laugh at poop jokes, so maybe i'm just not a cultured enough gentleman to really understand the emotional payload doom wads are supposed to deliver

freeze tag where everyone has rails is actually a great way to introduce modern gamers
it's fun and makes aim and reaction time very obvious
much better than the standard game where even a mediocre Quake player will run rampant over the people he's trying to get in to arena shooters

This is from Quake Live I think? I played it when it was still on browser and its tutorials weren't really hard

Hang yourself OP.

I love how butter and fuck quake feels. It was a little slippery, but you were never supposed to stop moving and you aren't penalized for moving. It's so unlike shooters made nowdays it's amazing. Even tf2, which people talk so much shit on, feels good to move around and the mechanics are slick compared to stiff shit like csgo and overwatch.