A question. Should i start Baldur's Gate or Dragon Age Origins? Which game has better mage roleplay experience?

A question. Should i start Baldur's Gate or Dragon Age Origins? Which game has better mage roleplay experience?

Dragon Age origins is objectively better than Baldurs Gate.

Baldur's gate 1 is pretty rough for mages since it's low level only. 2 lets them be more powerful though nothing will ever be as broken as monk and has a specific quest as other classes do.
Dragon Age Origins is nothing to really write home about but does present a unique setting for a mage, magic comes from an innate link to the dream dimension which exposes you to demon possession, meaning you're subject to draconian restrictions since childhood, and some people will fear you.

Even though its relatively more recent game? I heard that baldur's gate only begins being good at second game, but there's no good reason to start directly from sequel.

why don't you play both and waste your time instead of ours.

I guess i'l start DA:O today, play Baldur's Gate series some day afterwards.

What did he mean by this?

Real difficult.

I just try to motivate myself to play something. Its more fun when i create a thread about it.

As said mage in BG doesn't get good until 2 because of the arbitrary low level cap. On top of that it has a bunch of meme characters thrown in for no reason. Dragon Age Origins being an original setting instead of a shitty generic fantasy D&D one makes it a lot better in my eyes.

BG uses D&D and has much, much better spell system than DA:O. After finishing them once you can try swordcoast stratagems mod for extra challange. Also in general I think BG1+2+ToB was better than DA:O

Don't be silly. Mages are the only fuckers capable of killing shit like Drizzt without resorting to straight up glitches. Also most of the anti magic defensive spells didn't even exist in the dnd edition/level range used for BG1 as opposed to everyone and their liche grandmother sitting on abjuration in BG2.

Actually blades, sorcerers, totemic druids, mage dual/multi classes and a few others that I forgot can kill Drizzt easily too

lol no

Except most of those don't exist in BG1. But hey, who even cares for facts.

You got a sentence or god forbid an argument in there, fam?

True, but anyone who's going to play BG1 today will either play in BGT, TuTu, or EE and in them they exist

Even fallout 4 is better than baldur's gate.

Literally just kite him with a bow and arrows

The bait is getting out of hand.

By default only in EE and coming from your muh easy crap I can probably guess what you played. Try a version of the game that doesn't reduce the number of mooks by two thirds, completely fucks their proficiencies so they attack with a massive penalty and all the while giving you class kits that were (un)balanced for epic levels.

I've seen grown men shaking in impotent anger over ogre mages or some of the comparable bullshit original BG had.

EE reduced his movement speed by well over 400%. That's four hundred. I shit you not.

No? First time I played BG was in TuTu and I played as a Blade?

He is even easier to kill in the original
Just get 5 or so back stabs on him.

Remember the prompt in the weidu installer asking and warning whether you want BG2 style proficiency? How about the one about BG2 style classes or kits for said classes?

There's a reason for that, you know. Mainly because certain kits like the zerker or the blade give way too strong a bonus for BG1 environment. +2 and an extra attack for free? You better believe it's going to be easy, motherfucker.

Only if you stocked on potions of invisibility. :^)

Sure he wasn't too bad if you know what you're doing, but that's the whole point. He'd generally rip you a new one if you tried a straight up fight. But they patched him for the anthology version gog ended up using and they further neutered him and most other ((brain required)) encounters for EE.

Feels bad, man.