Contact with water instantly kills your character

I fucking hate this. It's coming into contact with water higher than their ankles instantly stops their heart or something.

If your protagonist can't even tread water then your protagonist ain't shit.

Inklings are made of ink, user, they dissolve in water.

You forgot Sonic Adventure 2

Squids ain't shit then.

No, there's water levels in Sonic Adventure 2. It's just that in stages surrounded by water they function the same as an abyss.

Well no, they're ink, not shit.

William needs to get his shit together.
Not to mention that he's a sailor and is soul bonded to a water spirit.

it's acidic water

This game is a political mouth piece to how american have polluted so much, at last I see the light

nippon water is superior water, it has been folded uncountable times and continues to fold itself with every wave. No filthy foreigner could possibly swim in it.

The highway preventing a simple frog from getting to where its going wasn't clear enough? Its ancestors have probably made the same journey to the spawning grounds for thousands of years before that asphalt barrier went up.

FUCKING STOP THIS

Nigga, molten lava is still unbelievably dense. You just crash on top of it.

I hate this so much.

Actually, this is what happens if organic material touches lava.

My first thought was of Nioh and how you play as a sailor that can't swim. It's especially bad because he dives straight into the sea to swim away at the end of the tutorial. Maybe English water doesn't have those babby water blob monsters in it.

To be fair it's mentioned that the shrine in Ocean Roars Again has become severely tainted by negative spiritual energy and the water has basically turned into unholy water so at least there's sort of that excuse for that level. The argument still completely stands for all the other levels with water in them.

d-did he survive..?

they didn't throw a person in you goof, they tested what would happen if you fell in by throwing something similar to a person in, probably some pig meat

How are fishermen supposed to survive

Yeah but was he okay?

what's worse, water killing you on contact or all water deeper than your ankles being surrounded by invisible walls?

Re-read what I said.
It looks like I stated I was angry about lava not melting a person, but I was actually talking about what actually happens when you make contact with Magma/lava, as per the youtube video by that white guy who tells you about it and why Movies don't show it.

They fuck the water in exchange for goods. It's a delicate economy.

They don't. Not to mention, fishing is the second faggiest thing after soap making. You shouldn't be doing it to start with.

It could be explained with: you are carrying so much stuff that you instantly sink.

There are literally zero instances where swimming would have been useful, and the concept of using water as a boundary ensured the island didn't have any jarring "you cannot continue any further, turn back!" moments when you hit the map edge.

But the water/sea barrier isn't abstract in DD. There's literally an in-world monster that lives is the sea. You can catch fish in the shallows though, so I suppose all small fish live in less than 4ft of water. Can't imagine how else fishermen work in DD's world.

It's like what happens when you put water in a deep fryer, only a hundred times worse. It's no coincidence that that organic material was mostly made of water as well.

play the later revisions.

Anyone else get really turned on by the third image?

woooow

I'm sure it'd actually be faster than burning to death normally. You'd probably go unconscious relatively quickly.

You certainly wouldn't be fully aware of what's going on around you, anyway. Not enough to be processing what you just described.

You would probably smell delicious for a moment.