Tank Vidya

So anons since the market is full of F2P trash, care to shill anything that's good?

www.tankionline.com

War thunder is good, sometimes, when things go your way and you don't get fucked by T34's that is magically immune to german 88mm due to "supper sekrit dokument".

Oh the fuckings japos and their adds

Steel Armor: Blaze of War
Steel Beasts

Both of those games are tank sims. Steel Beasts is very expensive though and Steel Armor only has two driveable tanks - T-62 and M60 Patton. There's also Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942 which is made by same guys who created Steel Armor. I'm not sure about Steel Beasts but Steel Armor and Steel Fury are singleplayer only.

Also Iron Warrior: T-72 Command
T-34, T-55, and T-72 facing off against Bosnian scum and NATO

I want a tank with sponson cannons, with or without a turret. Where can I play this?

I know Leman Russes have them but not sure if there are any games where I can into drive.

You'd need to find a WW1 tank sim, not even sure if they exist

Unfortunately, Bf1.

Yeah.

Only if I have to, and even then eugh.

War Thunder has M3's; the 75mm is basically sponson mounted. Some of the stranger interwar tanks have multiples of turrets.

Sure wonder how Armored Warfare is doing? :^) Did the shills commit sudoku?

Are you the user that pitched that WW1 Coop Tank Crew game?

Tanks suck
t.tank driver

mad cus bad

Didn't Balance 2.0 get released recently? Is it as shit as everyone thought it'd be? I uninstalled AW months ago.

post tank lewds

Wargame Red Dragon is an RTS with a lot of armor simulation.

even when angled it can't block shit

It will totally turn around with the next patch goy!

Now is not the time for lewds user. That comes later!

All I've heard so far that it made the game even more imbalanced and more like WoT.

No

AW is for all purposes dead

There's also Steel Division that's coming out in a month, but I'd wait to see if Eugen goes full wehraboo

Ivan spotted

Doesn't Steel Division have bigger problems than that potentially? Like it's morale system seems abusable as fuck

Sometimes war thunder is so shit it's good, I laughed the entire match.

The morale system really isn't that much different than Wargame, other than if a unit gets pinned they can get overrun and surrender. However, if a unit gets pinned, smart players hit R and cause the unit to fall back.

I'm more concerned about their retarded accuracy system they've implemented

But you can pirate it right?

From what I've seen and heard so far, small trash units with mortars were decimating everything.

Not that I've heard. Think the last person to try and pirate it had their house knocked down by Putin and a Bear driving a T-72.

I only tend to get upranked.
Nothing says fun like having to deal with t-54's with your tiger tanks because you decided to take you tiger 2 for a spin.

Let me guess you where a loader crew. :^)

So looks like World of Tanks is adding modern tanks?

Not with the shitty flight model and damage modelling it has

It's a real time tactical game, user.

Armored Warfare got Chink'd. The original devs are gone and it's a wholly chinese affair now.

Are you retarded

I'd say it's more their BR system that fucks it over completely. Then again any system that makes me immediately think of the hues has to be awful.

Guess they couldn't even make it big in Russia?

I really can't tell if anons are this stupid these days or is it some sort of elaborate bait.

this can't be real and I refuse to reinstall it to check
besides the faggots still haven't added French tanks yet

Well, in actual news, War Thunder is going to be getting modern tanks.

As far as I know AW and WoT both have surrender boxes.

I'm talking actual MBTs though and I've never touched WoT since afaik there's no PvE

I know nothing of AW since I heard it's shit.
WoT is strictly PVP.

It's not real yet, it's getting tested on the RU PTS

Is Armored Warfare ran by /bane/? Only they could have crashed this game harder with no survivors.

Is THQ Nordic going to re-release Armored Fist?

WoT has really shifted to a pay for best tanks model.

Most of the tanks that have come out in the past 6 months are better than their tech tree and premium counterparts. The Object 252 is basically a Tier 9 at Tier 8.

If they do another round of tanks that are even better, I reckon the game will see a lot of players leave.

So AW balance 2.0 just made the game more imbalanced.

There's a conspiracy going around that says war thunder's developers make it so you get downranked more often if at all if you're premium. I think it's true, I never bought premium and the t-34 match was one of the very few times I ever got downranked. My brother is consoletard levels of pleb, he still plays the game and has premium and he always gets downranked.

Light Tanks completely dominate and replace AFV's and TD's, as well being able to go toe to toe with MBT's. Literally no downside to using them.

While not Fag Thunder, World of Faggots did make it so that if you had Premium Time you had better RNG so it wouldn't surprise me if true.

I just want a good SP tank game!

Do we need to make everything ourselves? Are indie studios and Triple A companies so fucking worthless? The market is literally infested with zero-effort repetitive bullshit and autismo indie games with shit "deep messages"

Tried Armored Fist, Steel Beast or Steel Armor?

It has been near a week later.
It is time for tank lewds.

When I maek liek gaem, I'll post it here so you can bully me, but I still have to get good at art to make the concept and from that the 3D and so on… so don't hold your breath.

Imagine if War Thunder wasn't made by Russians. It would have been beautiful.

Russian bias is better than being "burched".

debatable

What a useful distinction

I would prefer something WW2 era

Wehraboo games are unarguably the superior ones user

Remember the 6 gorillion Tigers Tanks? Oy vey!

Really did everything in their power to kill all the fun didn't they?

Who the hell thought this was a good decision?
Why didn't anyone stop them?

Well they did spend close to a year on it doing fuck knows, huffing paint thinner most likely.

So who is to blame for the fuckup that is Armored Warfare?

the dev team would have to be a balance of wehraboos and commies.

I dont exactly see how you could "burch" a vehicle combat game, but alright.

anyone know if there is tank mod or something for Men of War? it got awesome direct control and everything but its RTS

Mail.ru or whoever the producer was. Don't believe the fags blaming Obsidian, all evidence indicates that they desperately wanted to not make a WoT clone, but Mail.ru was adamant from day one that they wanted a WoT clone.

Mail.ru found a way.

I can at least see their logic in forcing development into making a WoT clone. WoT is the most popular game in Russia and Wargaming are making Blizzard levels of money.

Yeah cause all those WoW clones are really successful :^)

It's basically like watching the post-WoW MMO market all over again.

Didn't even the Chinks release a "Modern Day" World of Tanks clone on Steam recently and fucked up even getting it added to "Free to Play" so the game remains hidden from most users?

Called something like istorm or something like that iirc

howcome russians only want to play games that remind them of real life?

Any of you fags know a good SINGLEPLAYER tank game that I can run on my toaster? All I require is weighted shots and the ability to feel like a fucking tank. Realism doesn't matter as long as it's not shit.

For toaster-tanking I'd recommend Paner Elite, emulating Panzer Front and maybe Iron Warriors would work on a low end PC.

So is Armored Warfare still worth playing?

I heard that Obsidian pulled/was relieved of the thing because Mail.ru wanted the game to be a direct clone of WoT for the Russian market.

Fuck I never noticed before!

According to some anons in this thread, no.

Like fuck they did, all those gamebreaking bugs were on them.

oh my gosh is that what i think it is?

Yes a Jew.

They're like Germans, work 8 hours in a warehouse driving a forklift; go home and play 5 hours of forklift simulator. If you could make a Vodka and Squat simulator, guaranteed 50 billion rubles.

path of exile's pretty gud if you like grindan shit, it's getting a big patch in the next couple of months

Red Orchestra 2 has surprisingly well modeled tanks but rest of the game is casual garbage and no one plays the tank maps.

The best part about RO2's tanks is that you can look inside them and admire the details of all the dials and shit.
They should just make a tank only maps or something like that, could be fun. Too bad they are making RO:vietnam so it will never happen.

I remember two tank games from the mid/late 90s.

One had video sequences with real actors and there was a campaign in which you liberated Kuwait (2nd Gulf War basically).

The other tank games had rendered cut scenes. Either the intro sequence or the 'defeated' sequence featured a Mil Mi-24 Hind flying in the background and a Russian pointing its barrel towards you and firing.

you're talking about a dev team that actively punished the PVE players keeping the game afloat for wanting to play PVE, did absolutely everything they could to hurt lower ranks to discourage them from actually wanting to play, squeezing out high-tier tanks that weren't even remotely close to balanced. obsidian or not they were always a bad dev team and the more free rein they got with AW the worse they made it

I've never seen it so nicely summed up how idiotic AW dev team was.

Christ what retards are working at obsidian?

The kind that balance a game around a dead gamemode that nobody plays at the expense of two gamemodes are that the playerbase is interesting and playing.
Literally they fucked over not only PvE, but their PvPvE mode Globals Ops as well cause of a dead gamemode that is literally a World of Tanks clone that most people hate and only lolcows play.

"supper sekrit dokument".
?

I think it started around the early days of WoT. when the devs try to justify why the soviet tanks are better than the german ones.
They said something along the lines of "this is a document we found in an old archive at someplace underground submarine base", or something like that.

I know Wargaming does it (and fuck if it makes slav tanks a pain to play against), but I didn't know Gaijew did it too. Well, I didn't play Warthunder so yeah.

They sometimes justify nerfs or buffs with new info from documents, but they tend to give the source of where they got the info so it's ok I guess.

There are tank only maps but like I said, no one ever plays them.

Considering how shit PoE and Tyranny are in the gameplay department I fully believe Obsidian is responsible for all the stupid decisions that fucked up the game. Sawyer is a notorious cretin when it comes to "balancing" his game.

Since I didn't even know tank only maps existed, I believe you.

seems to me that its either stomp or be stomped matches only

The majority of matches are one sided, but sometimes it's a pretty even fight.

World of Tanks used to be good….then they eliminated shit talking and caved in to arty haters in the shittiest way.

They really should have added tiers by now

The problem stems from the battle rating system and them refusing to let go of the WoT gamemode. If they'd given us the giant maps and shifting frontlines that they'd promised, the game wouldn't be as bad. EC mode was supposed to be how tank mode worked, and it'd be fantastic if they'd just let go of the SHIT arena maps they have now. If you notice, when ever there's a long-range map German team tends to stomp Russians and Americans, but if there's a CQB map Germans get fugged.

I hear IL-2 BoS/M is working the kinks out of their tanks, anyone know if that game is worth the price? I don't have TrackIR so I tend to just stick to WT and IL-2 1946 if I want to dogfight

And then Panther tanks bream down every other minute of gameplay.

Have fun.

Gaijin is even worse when it comes to that stuff. If you go to the forums and point out any issue, even if you provide clear evidence they'll just say "according to our statistics everything is okay." And no, they will never disclose those "statistics". There was actually one time where russian players on the russian forum showed the devs russian documents that proved most of the T-34's in the game are complete bullshit, and the devs just said "we are using private data that is from a more accurate source."

Obsidian should stop cooperating with people. I mean goddamn they just get screwed.

Its mostly the hovermediums and the IS6 that are and were fucking nonsense.

there was also some case or something where they blackmailed a YT for something?
what a shame though because WT seems a better than WoT at least from mechanics standpoint

it got better then it used to be. T34s are not (for the most part) unkillable, but seriously fuck tier 5.7 onwards if you play germans. You get sandwiched between american unkillable t34, their mach 3 speed tds and is6s. I gave up on trying to level my tiger 2 and just play 3.7 or 4.0

its t-34 hell there too

i don`t find them that difficult - the fact that most of ppl playing them are fucking idiots help. Kv 1 is a bigger threat there, but its manageable and at 4.0 you have the flakbus to wreck anything in 1 shot. I love getting some uptiered t34s in lower brackets and have them rage when they meet stug As or pz4c with heat ammo.

yeah that too, its either players full of kv1 or t34 or both and I fucked it up too by blowing lions on 50mm cannon tanks.

If you`re campy - go for stugs, if semi-campy - pz4j, if you have suicidal tendencies try cqc with 4g.

Pretty much. WT is a great game buried under a huge pile of bullshit.

The further you go up the tree the shittier the balance. I even thought of dropping some cash on the premiums but all you get as germans is "lol, command vehicle" or a 50 euro hellcat.

I'm still at late tier 3 / early tier 4 in German tanks. Tier 2 is where all the fun is, if you ask me.

more or less the same - got all the panthers + tiger 2p, but getting mods takes ages when I win like 1 of 20 games in that tier and AP ammo is at the very bottom (without which I just hope to ambush most enemy tanks on the side). Tier 3 can be lots of fun if you have the right planes, hs-129b3 just melts faces if you get sb to cover you from fighters. I heard that t4 is better if you play sim, but didnt try yet.

this is all i have fam, sorry.

Most fun I've ever had in planes was with the Ju87 G.

seeing myself spending eternity with that game just so I could get Tiger2 and seeing myselg get buttraped by soviet liberator tanks I uninstalled and will keep on dreaming about Singleplayer WT-like game

When I find my ratbat collection in my /k/ folder I'll keep you posted user.

wow those subs are trash
t. pole

Current version of Steel Beasts Pro PE (wait for the terrain update later this year). It was developed in co-operation with various armed forces and is used by them to to train recruits. Personal Edition is the version available to consumers and basically just strips out the things you need to run and manage a bunch of simulator station as it will be run like a game on PCs, and potentially some classified stuff.

i have a new fetish

someone just today dug through the game's code to see if the allied bias is a real thing and they discovered that the standard .50 machine gun mounted on almost every American light vehicle has a Power rating of 250. for comparison, the AP rounds fired from the Pak-38 has a Power rating of 238 or something. the .30 caliber rounds Allied machinegunners and riflemen fire have a much higher Power rating than the German contemporaries despite the fact that German rounds are slightly larger and faster. personally i don't buy any disparity in bullet power in an infantry sense, since i feel that a bullet is a bullet and if you're hit you're likely out anyhow, but the overwhelming power of the .50 round and the fact that Stukas get exactly half as much morale before panicking and retreating than even the weakest of allied aircraft and you can see there's an enormous bias

i'm hoping that it's unintentional and they just fucked up while typing up their shit, but since eugen is french i have a hunch that they just hate those mean old germans and are artificially hobbling them. realism mod when

Russian publisher gave OE the boot and turned the game into a straight WoT clone that is just different enough to avoid getting sued.

Just look at the new UI they are rolling out in the next update.

That's almost too familiar.

t. World of Tanks player

I can tell Patrycia will make a great platoon lead.

Tank Troopers for the 3DS looks like some goofy, Advance Wars-esque fun…

BOMBER HARRIS DO IT AGAIN

Sickening
Also I wanna fuck the blonde danish commander in AW tbh

But user, remember the six gorillion Tiger Tanks! :^)