Are there speed runners on Holla Forums?

Are there speed runners on Holla Forums?

Do you not worry that there is no happy end for a speed runner?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NV-AWxqYAgc#t=1h15m45s
youtube.com/watch?v=9BGXLf_y9Sw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Speed runners are autist who deserve the rope. They are the most pathetic losers gaming has to offer, and this is really saying something.

Slowpoke detected

Where did it all go so wrong?

Yes that is true.

But do you think there are none of such autists on a chinese imageboard?

like with all things, when it went mainstream

Not that, I mean Cosmo.

Damn Cosmo looks even worse now

I don't think speedrunning was the main issue there.

Speedrunners are faggots.
Time Attackers are total bros.

Probably birth then. Being on the internet doesn't just make you go 'I AM ACTUALLY NOT A BOY LOL I'M A GIRL RESPECT ME', unless you're an attention whore trying to fit in with a certain group.
I'm so fucking happy that I don't know a single tranny in real life, because everyone that I know of online is an insufferable cunt.
The ones in real life are probably alright though.

More often than not this is the case, at least these days.

If he wanted to speedrun his life, sucking a gun is faster than the tranny route.

And Ocs will win.

I'm not falling for your propaganda anymore elf cuck, i've heard about the orcs kept for breeding by elf witches.

That's quite sound reasoning you have there.

Speedrunners are the one of the last bastions of skill in video games today. I figured most of Holla Forums would want to be celebrated for their abilities like Cosmo.

But it does, how many cases of people suddenly deciding they wanted to cut off their dick were there before the internet? Sites like reddit and tumblr are injecting this retarded ideology into young, insecure people that are easily influenced. Those same people could have lived normal and happy lives where they didn't destroy their own body and mind if they had been born into another era.

whens the last time you left your cuck cage?

fuck off orcuc

You'll never get your gf back.

That pic is simply wrong.

This picture is more accurate, as it shows how elfs are sluts who will throw themselves at any orc.

Excellent bait.

I agree with what you said, which is why I added 'unless you're an attention whore trying to fit in with a certain group'.
I suppose I should've added self-conscious somewhere in there.

We chased her out of our tribe for being a whore. You will soon know the horror of the elvish slut wife, like the parasitic alien one individual will be enough to bring down your entire colony.

So why aren't you making millions from videogame competitions user?

do you have the one of an orc and a leashed little girl holding an expensive price tag, an adventurer makes the buy but it was actually the orc being sold?

Keep posting, I want to know just how retarded you can get.

he didn't know what made him happy because he was too busy with video games so when he had time to think things over he fucked up due to a lacking of emotional control which fucked him self further then he really realized since he made probably the only person who would ever actually care for him to be with him in person leave due to his own selfishness but he couldn't see this because of his little world that's reinforced with his "friends" millions of miles away and now he's stuck in a void where he can't improve but he can't fail either

probably

I'd like for you to bet the time in vid related.

I'm pretty sure all those mentally ill bug chasers you can find IRL are alright.

N A R C I S S A
A
R
C
I
S
S
A

Reminder GDQ is a scam and at least 90% of all money donated ends up in (((their))) pockets rather than (((charity)))

Also I am genuinely impressed Cosmo hasn't off himself yet

Also speedrunners have to pay to speedrun and can get kicked at any moment for having a maga hat.

have you seen him lately? taking hrt he bought online with no medical supervision, eating only estrogen heavy soylent for years and doing heroin has turned him into a nightmare beast.

Speedrunning is a miserable existence where you replay the same game over and over in the lamest and most boring ways possible to get to the end quickly.
Challenge runs should be more interesting than the snorefest of speedrunning.

twitch and livestreaming have ruined games

speedrunning is a close runner-up

People were already 'running' Zelda BotW the day of release. Seriously. Some didn't just play the game casualy to learn it/enjoy it. Just put a timer at the corner of your screen, always run and call it a speedrun

But that's where you're wrong kiddo.

Reminder that someone from Holla Forums in fact did

See

Not an argument

I remember some anons posting about his past, which I don't know how true it is, but would explain a lot. He came from an abusive household, raised by a single mother who was an abusive drug addict. He'd spend his childhood playing the N64 as a form of escapism, so it's not really a surprise he'd end up speedrunning it.
Then he seemed to have gone the tranny route once his SJW girlfriend left him. I don't think he ever really intended to transition but rather sees it as a "solution" since there's absolutely nothing else he feels he can do, like a lot of depressed guys these days. I'm pretty sure he's still been suicidal since he started calling himself Narcissa.

Cosmo very obviously has issues, but I think what's worse is that nobody seems to understand why he turned out like this and his fans seem to encourage it instead of helping him. But I suppose these days that's not a special case.

if*

I'm arguing that speedrunning is awful and only requires autistic memorization of the same techniques every speed runner and their mother uses to cut milliseconds off a time no one cares about to make their epeen twitch with delight for a few seconds.

why would he go darknet for his faggot drugs? it's easier to get HRT trans-shit from a real doctor than it is for a real man to get TRT for increasing testosterone.

truly a backwards time we live in.

The fuck is this shit?

He is a speedrunner, he probably thought he was sequence breaking.

Also I love speedrunning sonic adventure 2 because breaking the game to hell and back is fun. I don't care about getting a world record or some shit that no one will care about, All I care about is playing the game and going fast.

Speed running community is a blight upon humanity.

better or worse than the colossal daiperfur rp TF2 community?

But you proved his point

I don't even want to know what that is but i am certain i will soon find out.

What do you think happened when it went F2P?

Before it became valves personal pachinko targeting children through hired youtubers and downlow skin gambling sites that is.

you'd think that someone who doesn't know about something like this, is not what they seem

My right ear really "enjoyed" this video.

youre so autistic you actually became sonic.

I'm so fast I became Doomguy and kicked the flash in the nuts.

Speedruns add replayability to singleplayer games.

If you've beaten a game countless of times to the point you where you know it like the back of your pockets, you can freshen things up by speedrunning.

Speedrunning for the sake of speedrunning is retarded.
You speedrun to add more excitement and challenge to a game you know well. Beating your own personal scores or vying for the world's best. There is nothing wrong with speedrunning.

What Holla Forums is against is not necessarily speedrunning itself, it's the ""speedrunning community"" aka twitch aka AGDQ and tumblr/sjw shit like that.

So you're a NEET then.

I used to try to get fastest times on Stealthy Bastard Deluxe, Mirror's edge and Master Spy.
Nothing I actually recorded or spent more than a few hours on though.

Sure. I like to get S-Ranks in Bayonetta, or beat my personal/friends scores in Hitman.

No. Going for a world record in video games means the fun has stopped ages ago. You put your health, social life and family behind. For what? For 15 minutes of fame and a short high after getting a record.

Thanks, youtube commenter #423

rip headphone users XD

Here's a challenge: beat the game as fast as you possibly can.

Has this cuck hanged himself yet?

I did speedrun mode for Dragon's Dogma so I could unlock the shit you get for doing it. I would never consider a true "speedrun" from Level 1 to the end-boss going through every quest properly, though. Most games I play are incompatible with the idea, based on length alone, unless you consider severe autism.

While I agree that replaying over and over just to perfect a segment is autistically, but it's far from boring.

youtube.com/watch?v=NV-AWxqYAgc#t=1h15m45s

Can't embed it because the timestamp is important.

His legal name given by his parents was "Cosmo"
That's a good starting point

I don't like speedrunning because oftentimes there's only one right way to get through the game, which for me, takes all the fun out of it.
It feels like following a walkthrough. A really boring, autistic walkthrough. If you like it then more power to you, but I don't see the appeal. And if I don't get the appeal of playing a speedrun, I can't even begin to wrap my head around watching someone else do a speedrun. I honestly cannot think of a single thing more boring and pointless.

Until you find a better one.

are you saying they didn't replay that segment autistically over and over in order to perfect it?

What is happening? I only hear some tranny losing it,

No I don't, did you even read my post?

But is that fun though? Dashing through the entire game world over and over again looking for some yet uncovered exploit that might shave half-a-second off of your time? Sounds like literal autism to me.

I just wish these autists chose programming/tas/romhacking instead of speedrunning.

You forgot about donations.

the amount of autistic basement dwelling rich people around the world is alarming. how are they that bored?

That's the case with all trannys, instead of being told they're mentally ill they're lied to and told it's perfectly normal then told if they pump their body full of dangerous hormones and mutilate their body it will fix it, it doesn't.

Speed running is as good as the runner. The community's now full of tards and sjw's. That being said there's a good handful of people I watch who run. Keep in mind that you don't have to be playing a game for 12 hours a day 7 days a week to be a contender. Just go back to it every few days for a few hours and eventually grow to god levels before you realize you're actually capable of contending for WR.

do you create contracts as well?

rwhitegoose is really entertaining despite playing the same half a minute goldeneye level over and over again

No glitch, 100% completion runs are the only acceptable form of speedrunning as they hone your skills to an iron edge.
Splits can suck a dick anywhere.

Using glitches are fun. Fuck you.

Sometimes. More often than not glitches take no execution.

I watch speedruns because I want to see people break the game in unintended ways. Glitchless 100% means most of the time saves come from menuing and walking, so it's guaranteed to be the most boring run.

I mean shit like the super bounce glitch in SA2. It's a glitch where if you use your bounce attack right before hitting a wall it will turn your horizontal momentum into vertical momentum. It takes good timing and practice to master, but once you do, it becomes an entirely different game.

I'm familiar. It's just most speedrun glitches really do amount to dumb, safe shit.

Go play with your megabloks, you fucking faggot.

…What?

…what?

Relying on glitches is trash

playing != watching

The only thing worthwhile out of speed running is engine exploits.
But because speedrunners are niggers they never have any fun ones.

cry more fag.

do nerdyfit guys count as /monster/? they should
also:
they're basically trannies when you think about it.

great form, user. sorry about your bad day.

The only game that I speedrun is Ninja Gained Black but I only do it for fun and not in a competitive way, since im not full autismo my best time sits around 5 hours. I could improve it but I only attempt it twice a year

/monster/ is nothing but a psychotic puritan cult from 4/jp/ who think their monsters can only be girls and never cheat

DONT POST THE FOREST STAIRS, DONT TALK ABOUT THE FOREST STAIRS

Now i wanna know about the forest stairs

I don't know what you're talking about. My day has been rather peaceful and relaxing.

This.
Using glitches for speedruns is fuckinf retarded since they don't require that much skill, just look a those Fallout speedruns they are boring as fuck

A-Button Challenge is not a speedrun.

And yet, when pannenkoek releases a tas'd a press run it'll be glorious
fucking
glorious

I had one when I was a kid! I swear to fucking christ they sold them!

I miss seeing that dude, after a GDQ he did a bunch of streams where he shown off stuff like infinite's on bosses in KH2, doing constant speed runs MGS2 VR missions, showing off MGS 5 aiming tech.
Overall nice dude, shown off cool things, one day he didn't show up where I seen him appear and it was a bummer.

Imagine, 0 a presses in one run, with a total time of 18 hours. at least 12 of them from building up speed

There should be rules. No glitch Speedruns. No bullshit speed runs.

I wish I had that teenage edge again

Lol no you don't you idort

You are the problem.

I really don't get why people have such a fit over speedrunners using glitches or playing in ways that break the game and make it less "fun". Shouldn't the fault for the fact that the game is busted to the degree where there are these exploits are possible be on the developers and not the people using them? If people want to compete in trying to get the fastest completion by any means necessary, why is that a problem?

Glitchless runs exist, but are much rarer and have much less of an audience because, shockingly, placing more restrictive rulesets on runs ruin the spirit of the competition where a bunch of autists manipulate games to the maximum extent. All for arbitrary reasons like "I don't like glitches".

Are you a speedrunner? If not you're still a faggot.

Beautifully said

yeah theyre boring

The only speed running that entertained me is those half-life 2 guys that can fly through the whole level in 2 seconds or pick up and drop items rapidly in order to fly.

Why would you bother hanging someone? They shit themselves when they die. Then you need to dispose of the pants-shitted corpse. Burning is much more efficient. Never understood the rope.

This.

because malice. they want it public to send a message, and they hope they get to choose who is degenerate and hanged
and will be the first to cry foul if short sighted actions come back to affect them because most of this shit about degeneracy is pure projection

It's a katamari.

yes, but they are invocative of some dog or baby toys.
or sticky bombs

Pretty sure there are some, there's been an increase in whining about "muh rng" and speedrunners are probably the only people who'd want more linear shit just because it's easier to speedrun.

Yes! I had one as a kid! It vibrated!
It was green and purple, it felt soft.

If I was a speed runner, I'd do what no one else has done and speed run Real Life. I don't know why no one else has tried. Probably because recent updates and patches are making it longer and longer and harder to exploit glitches like the head-bullet method.

Some people beat the game as soon as they leave the womb, sometimes even before that. You'd never get the world record.

But that's not winning, they never even left the tutorial. They quit. I want to get the good ending.

This video reveals how speed runners are essentially single-player e-sports. Idk why the faggots on here give it a free pass other than it's relatively contained and doesn't effect the rest of the industry.

>Eventually when you get tired of it and you will get tired of it you start realizing what kind of hole you dug yourself into

This is probably why so many speed runners go trans.

They never had a choice, if it weren't for video games they'd have been some useless dreg who would have killed themselves at a young age, or a master at Real Life, getting a high score and all the media coverage they could have gotten. The mental institutions didn't want either of these things to happen.

Why is it most speedrunners run console games?

whenever I see the word speedrun all I can see are chair sniffing autists

chair sniffing puts them about on par with sonic fans and minecraft kids

niggas be sayin traps aint gay
niggas be saying traps are more stable than real woman
niggas be speaking some dumb shit

its a man pretending to be a woman, who is some how even more insane than real woman

Reminds me of a screenshot where a guy was speedrunning an RPG and was 89 hours into the run.

Cosmo actually did try to go to doctors first from what I've heard. Two rejected him after an evaluation, and a third rejected him when they saw the other two doctors had already rejected him, since he trusted their judgement and didn't want to waste anyone's time.

Cosmo should have seen that as a red flag and just stopped the idea right there. God knows what he is putting into himself now.

Why is it that most speedrunners run Nintendo games?
MAKES YOU THINK REALLY
IN general though, speed running is boarder line interesting, but in the end fucking stupid. Just talk to any speed runner you can and you will realize they are fucking annoying, super elitist, nintendo shills, and or fucking faggots/tranfaggots.

DO NOT BULLY ORCS OR ELFS!

how do you half press a button?

Every thread.

Oops, I skimmed through the thread first, but I didn't notice this.

I was somewhat interested in the fact that Distortion2 was invited to SGDQ to fun Dark Souls 3. However he was forced to declined once he found out that they would not allow him to run the second DLC for Dark Souls 3. GDQ's draconian rules killed fun once again.

Degenerate.

Cosmo turning tranny was a plot by Mirrored to get back at Cosmo for embarrasing him during the AGDQ Wind Waker run years ago.

I would understand speedrunning if the game was based around it. Speedrunning often revolves around exploiting bugs. Most games don't have a real way to tell time. Often times the fun parts of the game are skipped just for the sake of time. Players often have to sit through dialogue and cutscenes if they can't find a way to skip them.
If the game
- measures time accurately
- doesn't have abusable bugs
- has gameplay that lends itself to speedrunning
- doesn't have unskippable scenes
then I would enjoy it.

I don't speed run. I have nothing against it but I prefer to play games vanilla. If the game is good, it should be challenging that way.

He didn't because he believes in that bullshit, facts don't matter anymore in that state of mind. It's like that woman who desperately wanted to be blind so she poured drain cleaner in her eyes.

Did the portion of anons who enjoy speedrunners pick it up during adolescence? I only heard of it in adulthood and it just seems too underwhelming for the autism beacon it is without some sort of nostalgic familiarity.

EDGY

I wonder if this is why it's almost exclusively on the N64. I don't think any other console had such widespread hardcore nastolgia as that thing did.

I'm not sure if it really counts as 'speedrunning' by I did go back and try to beat Grimrock II and Super Metroid in as little time as possible as challenge runs, and spent some time grinding my Darkest Dungeon record down to 46 (in-game) Weeks.

He seemed kind of normal for speedrunning standards. Other then painting his nails like an emo I dont think anyone thought he'd go this far.

I'm not really sure how the demographics shake out these days, but ten years ago speedrunning was mostly a college guy thing. I assume it still is. I got into it at 19, which was 13 years ago.

My impression has always been that people mostly run what they're nostalgic for, and they're nostalgic for whatever they played at age 12. So, back in 2005 there was a lot of NES and SNES. N64 blew up a few years later.

You would think that means everything is xbox 360 now, but I figure games for newer generations are too long to run. NES runs are often 20 minutes or less. If the N64 is inordinately popular, it's probably because it's the last platform with which today's crop of speedrunners have any first-hand experience, and for which the games were generally of a runnable duration.

I doubt it has anything to do with the run length or technical details. There isn't a single console in history as nastolgic than the n64. Before that it was the NES. There's at least 5 attempts to remake rare's games, one of them by former rare employees themselves.

It's also a big reason why nintendrones are such die hard fans blind fans. I mean, even when 90s kids talk about how things where better in the 90s they'd always go to the n64 instead of ps1 or snes.

It's pretty sad when you realize the only reason anyone remembers the n64 is because of 10 games or less.

I gave it a try once. Spent a month practicing individual levels, did two full runs of the game, got a pretty good (not amazing, but for a beginner, impressive) time, then got distracted and stopped.

strange the dude didn't even speedrun. Was a Jock in high school who played football.

So are "90's kids" kids born in the 90's or kids that grew up in the 90's? Because I would assume most people who grew up with Super Nintendo preferred it. While the Nintoddlers where the 6 yr olds who where born in 1990 who first system was the N64. Where as 90's kids as in preteens who grew up in the era where "to cool for video games" by the time it came out.

It's a mix of /r9k/ and 8/pol/.

Because he blocks anyone who gives him shit or criticizes him. What's left is an echo chamber, if anyone's even left to echo what he wants to hear.
youtube.com/watch?v=9BGXLf_y9Sw

Is it just me or is Wanda slowly regressing away from human form?

Please don't start reverse shilling Cosmo here again. I don't want to hear about him at all until he inevitably kills himself. I halfassedly practiced Paper Mario any% a few years ago because the really small Twitch community surrounding it was made up of some pretty cool dudes at the time.

He seriously looks like something out of a cheap horror movie in the OP screengrab. Just look at how deflated his face is, I've never seen someone's eyes sag so much.