What is SS13

it's a clown playing spess atmosphere gayme where the objective is to survive your fellow crew

byond://109.157.48.244:7272

coders
spriters
mappers
players
hope

Other urls found in this thread:

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4as0wz7t.aspx
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
twitter.com/AnonBabble

for the love of fuck I'm not installing byond can you for the love of fuck make a foss linux remake of this so we can just easily get on a good game and fucking play

lets be fair here adding to my last post the GUI is a nightmare. the controls make my butt sore. the combat is a shit storm of keyboard smashing and we all get fed into woodchippers by clowns. it would be more fun if the controls were better and the GUI wasn't so unresponsive.

just like, code it brah

Explain how to networking

you pull down your pants and jerk off furiously on your network card

What codebase does the server use?

Host here, what do you want hosted?

/vg/

Sure bruh, give me 5 centuries.

Hosting CM leakcode for one round to get people used to having their legs broken by bullets.

bamph

For reference, the /vg/ code's compiling, as i'm grabbing the latest version.

Aaaaaaand it's done.

We're back, laddies.

It still hurts

Ew fucking gross. /vg/ is literally just painfully outdated /tg/ with zero upsides.

/tg/ even has /vg/'s lighting.

I refuse to play on such cancer.

Life truly sucks.

I also really want to do this. This definitely tops the to-do list, though.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4as0wz7t.aspx

Like, the URI where it's like a web address, is that actually how packets are sent? Specifically the protocol (http), I know BYOND has a daemon that starts with byond://, is that a custom protocol? Do you need that for a server architecture for a game like this? Can't you just use regular http requests?

I will be there in a moment!

just like, learn

I used to enjoy being a surgeon on CM, but they're such irredeemable avatarfags I started to shift to master of malpractice just for the LOOC salt.

Same, is the server down?

host fag put it down for reasons, he's putting it back up down on /vg/codebase

Not sure why you're asking me, but yes, BYOND uses it's own protocol.
There's no reason you can't use HTTP, though I'm sure the BYOND protocol has some redeeming feature that makes it faster/better than HTTP.

Then again, the entire thing has no true redeeming features, so maybe they just use BYOND:// so you can click a link from a website and it can open up BYOND and launch the server automatically.

He wants it FOSS, user.
BYOND is a pile of shit and likely a Canadian honeypot.

just liek, thanks.

Every time I join the serb, I get gray walls covering the place (lobby), one of three David Bowie songs play to completion, then server crash.
I only hang around for the threads, now.

like, ur just welcums

This seems most likely. I liked that, even though I only ever played the same server with you guys and launched it through the client anyways.

As a leaf fag, I'm sure the term over here would involve maple syrup instead.

I'll just read some books on programming.

here, like just

I remember, a few years back, I got a brand spanking new torrent client that everyone was talking about in news groups, and it actually hijacked each webpage and searched for magnet links then prepended them with it's own protocol, even though a magnet link still counts as a valid URL/I.

Can't recall it's name right now, I go through a new client every few months.

Absolute madman.

==JUST== we need coders so badly like

But I'd rather have a functioning base engine with an accessible language that more people know, thus more people can contribute to, while also reducing/removing common complaints about the game, like speed, interface and graphics.

Is that necessarily a bad thing? It sounds like one of those "handy features" some programs do, like inserting a click-to-call thing into websites that it sees phone numbers on

like you'd just be one of the many people trying to reinvent the wheel then give up nowhere near having a usable state just

My main problem was that it searched and edited websites I visited without my permission.
My main concern was that they were retarded and couldn't make it associated with clicking a magnet URI.

Im in the server now, lets get some more faggots in here so we at least have a crew of 6.

like but at least I'd learn a skill useful in the change job market.

Are you actually working on anything at the moment? Did we make any decisions about gameplay changes in the last thread?

if you're only doing it for monetary reasons then just like you'll never really be happy with your self as you're not really working on something you truly love

I'm just constantly reading and understanding how BYOND works and how to translate the base of that to a standalone.

As I said in the last thread, or maybe it was the one before, I don't really care about gameplay changes, I just want to play the same game on a better engine.
Muh modpacks for codebases and what-not.

More like: learn skill, can fall back onto it if lose current job.

same like

deal just

I still want to see it remade with C#/OpenGL for the core with Lua as a scripting language support… That would maximize compatibility, it's not a very graphically intensive game.

Oh right, the atmos shit from last thread had a good amount of autism/sperging put into it

SS14 is written in C# and they want to allow servers to turn on/off certain features, but I think that coding all the separate choices in the first place is a mistake.

its up now

we back

Got to the lobby and it kind of stopped responding to anything

You the guy who's connecting with an old version? you need to update.

Yeah I got it working now, thanks.

Just restarted the server due to spider queen related incidents, please remember that we need engies and security to prevent this shit from murdering the whole damn station.

To be honest I was about to kill the spider queen. Then the laser gun blew up in my face. Got the captains laser gun and it also blew up in my face.

Server's back.

I spent like 30 minutes trying to clone a guy only to get mauled by the spider queen the moment I left medbay.

Fuck yea

Some antics from that round:

Oh yeah and polyacid+space cleaner in a bottle to melt random objects and remove evidence in one go, that was fun

We're back, goyim.

Putting it down for the night or until gamenight ends.

I almost had a fully charged up railgun. I had the power supply complete and I just needed the max tier capacitor.

Magic, i guess.

Doomstation user, please post something

Server isn't even up.

I'm new to this but I think I will give it a try when server is up.

Should I read through the wiki at tgstation13?

Server coming back or not?

your serb better come back for the weekend or youre a dead man!

How do you join, and isn't there a list for beginners?

I mean manual.

ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics

Start as assitant or cargo tech, learn basic controls. Then ask people to teach you. Do not join as a head, until you learn every aspect of basic jobs. Do not join as a security until you learn combat. Always read the wiki guide for your job.

Thanks so much user.

dunno why the host keeps on taking down the serb, I pm'd him so hopfully it'll be back up soon once more

Because hostfag is a git that needs sleep.

And yes, this means that as soon as i wake my retarded ass up i'll put the serb up.

Well, it's up now.

Still up, all you have to do is you know, join.

Unofficial announcement
Come online today at 2200 ZULU to play Spessmen on byond://109.157.48.244:7272

what is that in EST?

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

We got 2 people, its time to space man

Stop begging to be spoonfed.

source, me, user! what is this? is there more?

Lets play you fucking mooks, I want to be a space man

is the serber ded or am i just having problems connecting

Over for now.

Literally one of the oldest pieces in my /tg/ folder.
Also: see for begging.
Have some self respect and learn to use google reverse image search. Which is rather simple as you can see.
Also: apparently it's earth day.

Zulu is best timefu.

happy planet day to you, human.

Inofficial announcement
Serbhost is a faggot. Serb is dead.
Event rescheduled for neverever unless someone finds a serb in their backyard.

But I thought 22:00 zulu time was ~2hrs from now?

But I thought 22:00 zulu time was ~1 hour ago from now?

Might as well pass the time by telling ban stories?
>bwoinked, tell the badmin it was just a very stupid mistake of course that never works, and my team is more than likely hating my guts at the moment
Fuck, I wish for the day some autistic anons will get around to working on that remake idea from the last thread.

this, right?

CARLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

Did they ever get around to making that happen with the /tg/station codebase? I remember it being a subject that was brought up a lot when TLE ran the show, but it's been years since I played.

lol no

That doesn't sound nearly as bad as one of my nuke ops.
>EXCEPT THEY DIDN'T ACTUALLY ARM THE BOMB
>EXCEPT THEY FORGOT TO ARM IT AGAIN AND THE DISK IS SITTING IN THE NUKE

My face is wet with tears from laughing so hard, did you make this?

Well, fuck. I had rather high hopes for that.

I wonder if taking space vacations with Cryoxadone still works…

It's like pottery

Has anyone played on the Russian servers? I was thinking of rolling up mime or something just to see how it goes.

Russian servers are a mixed bag; You'll either get banned because they're xenophobic, and fearful of Anglo shitters or they'll keep an extremely close eye on you until they can ban you for a small infraction.

I played a round where I ran around speaking broken English, and a few Ruskies joined in, defending me from the abuse and shittery I was subjected to.

Actually, Lefty was supposed to be this guy

What's a pinpointer?

It's for finding your dick

But seriously, when you turn it on, it blinks and it shows you where the Nuclear Authentication Disk is.

Fuck, there should be an arcade machine prize called the Penpointer that just points to the nearest ink pen.

good meme
but really how can a newcops be that retarded

Bump

fuck

bump

Question. For this game, and server do I have to create a login, or can I just login as a guest?

Vorestation apparently has 60+ players on right now.
What the actual fuck.

Test

You have to create an account.