Are there any non indie games that properly simulate evolution or an ecosystem...

Are there any non indie games that properly simulate evolution or an ecosystem? I am studying biology and coding and have always wanted this in a game and might have to make it myself if no one else has.

Other urls found in this thread:

biogenesis.sourceforge.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You chose a poor time to make the thread with (78) and (64) on the prowl

SimEarth. You're welcome.

I made a thread like this I think 5 months ago and got some faggot who didn't believe in evolution spamming it. Are you saying that user is still around?

It honestly wouldn't be that hard. There are many programs created to track gene flow and simulate natural selection. All it would take was someone to make a game out of it or put it in a game. Modern devs are too dumb to do it though.

But this 2000+ year old jewish book says it isn't real so he must be right.

Play Creatures, user. It's a little more of a generational evolution game, like domesticating wolf pups, but it's still a fantastic example of biology in gaming.

Yes, he is still around apparently.

thread link please

Biologist literally use natural selection simulators all the time to find answers to problems. The technology is there to create it.
Also I found a few games that sort of fit what I was talking about and I figured maybe a few anons might be interested.

This game is space invaders with a natural selection gimmick.

I think the thread is gone I think but an hour ago anons were calling people commies for believing in things like evolution. They had 70 and 120 posts in the thread and tried reporting people who disagree d.

Of course, one can simulate chromosome swapping or DNA mutation, but without a solution to the rest of the problems—functional genomics, protein folding, and protein function—a numerical simulation isn't going to do very much. That is, since it sounds like you want something that simulates basically phenotype, which is miles away from anything that's vaguely achievable.

You don’t seem to know what actually happened.

Has anyone made some kind of Spore revival project yet or is it lost forever?

*original Spore

thrive

Biogenesis? You can make little stickfigure life things and it has CO2 in a sealed environment so the amount of energy is constant. Different parts do things like locomotion, respiration, etc. Sometimes they mutate.

biogenesis.sourceforge.net/

We really do need a modernization of that game. It hasn't aged well, but it has a lot of depth, apparently. I remember playing it with the other Sim games in a pack … Copter, Tower, City, Isle, Zoo(?)

Phenoytype is actually not that hard to simulate at all user. Games have done it for a long time. You don't need to simulate protein synthesis and all that to get phenotype. Evolutionary biologists use programs that can make hyper fast natural selection off of it.

Hi (120)!

Oh hey that reminds me, what's that one diagram that splits a bunch and shows evolutions? How do you model that in a game?

Is that newest creature considered B or its own species, C?

So unlikely I don't think it's been considered. When two species develop similar traits I believe it's called convergent evolution, don't cite me on it.

The chances of that are nearly impossible. It would require a creature to have the exact same set of mutations to happen because splitting off comes from not just one but multiple mutations.

This is true but it is never the same mutation, just mutations that have a similar effect like how blindness has evolved literally hundreds of times in cave dwelling lizards.

One example that comes to mind is a Minecraft mod for farming that had seeds… It had a simplified genetic system with values like yield, resistance, etc; each could swing by a few values on mutation and could be between 0-31 per property. It's pretty likely to get an exact same kind.

I always loved playing with this when I was younger.

Fuck off, you ruined 2 threads in 2 days with your faggotry.

This game is pretty ok

has that game finally gotten to a point where they don't all end up evolving into a cannibalistic orgy where they cheese the games nutrient system by having kids just a bit faster than they're starving to death