Games where enemies suffer before they die

I don't know why, but this is weirdly satisfying to me. What other games have this stuff in it?

MGSV.

I should really play that game, any stand out deaths?

video games

It's just a standard animation really, but when you critically wound someone he'll be incapacitated and die after a half minute or so. You can fulton him or put him out during that time.

Look up Gore Reviews on jewtube. To answer your question, go play Soldier of Fortune.

Hatred

That's enough for me, thanks anons.

Shit game, but those were pretty good looking kill scenes.

Every time I play, I end up setting people on fire, then pissing on them to put them out when they're already going to die, curled up, calling for their mom, 3rd degree burns all over, probably with a piss puddle around them.

Ya don't get that nowadays.

fallout 1&2 had the most satisfying combat animation and sound design.

Playing Tremere in VTM had it's moments.

The first Medal of Honor and it's "sequel" Underground. Plenty of different enemy reactions depending on where you hit them, sometimes even collapsing on the floor and trying to crawl away, or regain their breath and attempt to kill you one last time.

Postal 2 has some funny moments or these.

One of the best parts of Red Dead Redemption was the death animations. I'll never forget shooting an NPC in the face and having them stumble and pause for a moment to reach up to their face before falling over.

doom mod with wilhelm scream

Brutal Doom does it pretty well with enemies on their knees or crawling and screaming in agony before you bust their heads with a flying kick.
Verdun has player characters staying on the battlefield after being shot down and writhing in pain for up to several minutes.

In Rising Storm ragdolls animate after being killed so they writhe around moaning for a little while.

I always thought having the enemies feel pain or fear in Brutal Doom made no sense. Aren't they all zombies and demons? Shouldn't they just shamble towards you relentlessly until you finally put them down?

I love how u can kick enemies in the balls XD
seriously, fuck off sergeant mark.

Pain makes sense to a certain extent. I mean, Without being able to feel pain you could put your hand on a stove until you burnt a hole in it, so in a fight it can help. As for fear, they know they're going to hell when they die so I've assumed there is perhaps some "punishment" for failure. Then again, it's not like you expect that much logical consistency from Doom let alone brutal doom.,

I think spec ops the line did some thing like that. I heard that there's a section where when you kill someone a small profile of them is shown to you. Say "100% self defense", then shoot the kid, spare the mother

This. The sfx and animations are all crunchy and impactful enough that I've always quite enjoyed their combat even though not many others seem to.

GTAIV also had some decent ones.

GUN also had some enemies limp around on the floor dying. You could then scalp them alive to kill them. It didn't do anything else, it was purely to murder them horribly. Probably a scrapped mechanic about collecting scalps.

Shit is still too much for me. It's just a little too real for me to handle, even with blocky PS2 game graphics.

I remember the first turok had some fairly gruesome (for it's time) death animations for humanoid enemies. Stumbling briefly and grabbing their necks to attempt to stop the blood flow and stuff like that.

arma they suffer for about 2 hours before they die pretty crazy

We need more games revolving around sadist charachters.

Agreed

Not only that but other soldiers will run to talk to the dying guy, talking about how he was going to get help soon. You can only wonder what would have happened if the game was actually finished.

I liked hatred. Aside from the edge, what was bad about it? The combat was good, even if the level design was pretty bland

I just wish there were more levels like the first one, where you're going around killing random civilians. Later levels seem to be police for the most part.

It's a pretty cathartic game, all edge aside.

The downtown was the best because they started dropping enemies coming in from every direction, but limited your access to the assault rifle. The power plant was decent for a linear version.

IMO It would have been better if it was labyrinth like but also nonlinear, and would have squads of high level enemies storm you from all sides. Less focus on exploration (it's a boring world) and more focus on difficulty and tactics. I think an overhaul mod or a level pack could do it some justice. And just more black comedy to help lampshade the edge. I'd say it's a 6.5/10 good but not remarkable

Too short, not enough guns and no map editor.

Fuck, I have the editor kit. I might as well pull my thumb out of my ass and make a level/weapons pack

I wonder if I made a pizzagate mod if I would be found to have committed suicide by a longrange gunshot to the back of the head?

You can kill wounded soldiers inf Company of Heroes 2 with flamethrowers

I would imagine getting good sound effects would be easy in comparison to good graphics, I mean, just get a pig corpse and record sounds of smashing it with a sledge hammer, or hit a watermelon since I've heard that that's what being shot in the head sounds like.

I actually enjoyed the edge, it was cheesy and fun. The reason I didn't like the game was certain gameplay decisions. Like executions were the only way to regain health IIRC, it gets a bit grating after a while for me, and I didn't enjoy the combat, but I guess other people feel differently about that.

Fire seems to always get special treatment in term of sadistic animation. Which I appreciate.

nier automata

Goldeneye 64

Most hitman games

unless you're shooting someone with a .45MAG, no.

Perfect Dark did it better by making them talk.

That caused a serious moral dilemma for me when I was 12 years old.

*BAM* Right in the fucking throat and you see them flinch around in agonizing pain and hear them gurgle on their own blood. Just an average Joe taking a job at a large corporation trying to earn a living, just trying to provide for their family. Probably had good job security too.

Your pleads of mercy go unanswered as your last moments are seeing a 23 year old QT British spy shoot you in the throat all because you're a pawn trying to earn a pay check.

God damn I love and hate Perfect Dark.

nothin personnel, kid

It still gets me when I replay the game. Especially the gargling.

BUTCHER.

Half the game's appeal is listening to dudes scream and struggle after you blow their legs out from under them.

Pretty sure Soldier of Fortune 2 also had some satisfying death struggle.

GTA IV does a great job of physics/struggle/self-preservation in general.

there was some mercenary(?) game where you could kneecap guys, blow out their guts with a shotgun, knife em up etc

was fun but maybe 15 years old or so. can't remember what it was called

doesn't get better than that

Many years ago when all I had was a cheap craptop, I liked playing Happy Wheels solely because you could get maimed in so many different ways and then flail around on the ground before the last bit of life fades from what little is left of your body. Sometimes you'd even wind up in some kind of compactor contraption where you'd just be instantly pulped into a mess of gore and twisted metal, which was even more satisfying for me.
What the hell is wrong with me? I can only get off to violence and death. It makes me feel like shit seeing human beings suffer and having their lives snuffed out for no good reason but goddamn it makes me rock hard. I swear to Christ this thing in my pants has a mind of its own and it's determined to make my life as miserable as possible.

I fucking loved putting bandits out of their misery in stalker

have you played COH 2 with Spearhead?
Killing tank crews with flamethrowers is surprisingly effective

found it

soldier of fortune

The later Resident Evil games(4 and beyond) to an extent.