The First Arkham game was great

The First Arkham game was great
But the rest were all shit. How can the series be fixed? How can you make a good Batman game?

Arkham City was alright.

I've come to hate the entire series(or at least the first three since those were the ones I actually played) but I'm still super confused to how anyone can
A) Call the arkham games having good combat, let alone one of the best in the industry
B) Call Asylum the best of the bunch

Asylum was the best. The combat and boss fights were trash but what made Asylum the good one was that it actually focused on being stealthy and planning things out or you die.

How? When did you ever need to plan out shit in Asylum? Bear with me here since it's been quite a while since I've played it.

When people had guns they would literally kill you with one shotgun blast. You had to take the people out in a specific order or get blasted. This meant you had to place explosives and time things right. For example waiting for someone to talk next to a wall with an explosive, then blowing it up taking out that guy, while that guy was down and everyone was still in shock you take out 2 guys right below you.
None of the other Arkham games allowed for this type of gameplay.

Hard mode after the halfway point made you actually try to do the predator sections.
General combat was pretty much the same, but the predator was all you played for, anyways.

I say this in every thread about the Arkham game, but they were great.

Were they great games on their own? No.
Were they great games that made you feel like you were actually Batman? Yes.

That's all they were. They were great Batman games, not great standalone games on their own.

They pretty much knocked it out of the park the first time around. There was never any real need for sequels. There are plenty of other super heroes who don't have good games. Do that instead.

I remember anons here thought of a great way to make a Flash game but I don't have the cap.

I'm wondering if a Swamp Thing game could work at all. What I'm picturing in my head is Geist with plants.

Isn't The Flash too overpowered to be a viable protagonist in a game?

If Sonic works then so can Flash. They don't need to go absolutely crazy with his powers like some of the comics do.

>you will never work your ass off to save the timeline from certain destruction and then work even harder to make sure someone else takes the credit

;_;

nope, it was shit

*sigh*

We can dream…

cuhrayzee game with witch time mechanics

good fighting
good systems (detective work, etc.)
good music
good visual design

This

I read the mango and it was shit, though

What is the context of your image, OP?

Wrong.

And anyway, an All Might game would be great fun.

Did you play Asylum on hard mode? It improved things significantly, removing the 'time to block' indication alone helps massively.

I only played City. How much am I missing out?

Overall fun experience. Not all of them were great but I totally enjoyed them. Specially AC and AK. Probably the best was AK. I don't know why folks here hate the tanks sections so much I definitely enjoyed them. I do feel like maybe there should be just a game dedicated to those mechanics. Like some sort of racing battle tank game. That would be pretty sweet.

Also, can I get some context for OP's pic?

Honestly, I'd like an MHA game where you can cycle between some of the kids and All Might depending on what you need to/want to do.

1. The reason why Joker was sick.
2. Getting to watch Joker and Harley emote way too much.
3. City tried to make everything seamless but still have "combat area", "predator area", etc. In Asylum it's more like you're playing through a game with stages, where the type of gameplay changes from stage to stage.
4. Fighting supervillains tends to have more unique gameplay instead of just being a normal fight with an extra gimmick (although I'll give City props for the Mr. Freeze fight).
5. Enemies don't respawn. If you clear an area out, it stays cleared out. (Although sometimes new enemies show up as the story progresses.)

The biggest joke of a Deadshot fight you've ever seen
Honestly I'm surprised how Origins actually has the best bosses.

WAS IT WORTH, YOU CUNT?!

So who would win - manhattan or superman?
sage for offtopic

Superman can throw planets while Manhattan couldn't stop nuclear war

Feels bad man.

which comic/issue is OP pic from?

seriously nigger this isn't rocket science.

What the fuck?

Superman and flash are terrible super heroes to make games for

has the whole watchmen thing gone anywhere?
I wanted to follow it but I'd have to read 15 different series of comics and fuck doing that

That and still no campy Aquaman game hurts the most

I enjoyed pretty much all of them for the "actually be batman and do batman stuff" aspect even if every single one of the entries has flaws you can rightfully point out And that they all were a technical mess at some point
The art direction is best in the first two games in my opinion though since it uses the right amount of gritty almost steam-punk like assets with the modern day stuff as counterpart, something that's missing from a lot of modern Batman works(the movies in particular)

I don't read anti-white Jewish Comics user.

Why
Why make this into a Holla Forums argument?

What does this have to do with anything I asked

He's just looking to act like a cunt and shit up the thread.

yeah that narrows it down

no wonder this is a shit hobby for friendless nerds

You want to the United States of Smash on yer face, don't ya, villain?

I'd like a game where I play as a big manly man with enough strength to punch out monsters, and just use my fists and wrasslin moves to fuck up villians.
It doesn't have to be All-Might in specific but All-Might just fullfills the criteria.

Did they finish Rebirth yet? How did they fuck up Dr. Manhattan?

Not yet. As far as I'm aware, they haven't even shown Manhattan aside from a panel of his arm.

I'm glad my autism prefers creators to continuities or this shit would probably put me in a rage coma.

Unrelated: Is Providence going to get a "normal" trade or do I have to track down those insanely overpriced hardcovers?

I played Origins on PC and fell through the floor at the police station. If I liked what the game had been doing up to that point is it worth finding a work-around and continuing? Or did I basically see all there is to see minus a shocking twist more or less given away by the game's fucking trailer?

A shame really. Until it broke Origins was like a really nice expansion - not different enough to justify a full price purchase but worth the five bucks I actually paid.

Arkham Knight is pure cancer though. Hate the Batmobile, hate the awkward multi-takedowns, gadgets feel useless or fiddly, bosses are Peace Walker tank battle trash without the fun and there isn't even any goddamn Bruce Timm/Paul Dini fanservice to dig around in.

The Killing Joke moment could have been interesting IF the game had a reason for preventing you from getting involved. Too bad the guys putting that abortion together didn't understand that forcing a players control away and just not letting them do what comes natural are two different things. Origins may have been treading water but at least it still had some idea of what made the prior games decent.

A Superman game would just be "complete the mission with a little collateral damage as possible" with no actual fail state unless they shoehorn in kryptonite everywhere.

Just what is knight even about? I don't know anything about it besides that you get a massive tank like batmobile, and even then it's hard to believe such a thing would be done improperly.

what are you talking about user? That is an honest answer. I don't read shitty comics made by kikes.

Well I presume its a comic with Doctor Manhattan and its not Watchmen. There are not very many comics with Doctor Manhattan. I don't even read comics and I found the issue.

Answer:
its Batman #21

I just want to punish criminal scum

For that to actually happen we need good TPS games in general, and besides a few examples the genre is filled with cinematic trash.

The 2005 Punisher game was okay but it's a real shame it was ruined by censorship.

It's a fine game but it's not really something you'd play more than once.

Why do people always say a Superman game can't have a fail state? For fuck's sake, canonically Dante's been stabbed multiple times and just pulled the swords out of his chest like it was nothing, but you can still die in gameplay.

I think people's gripe with the driving sections were how often they occurred. Bamham combat is pretty mindless, but sometimes mindless games can be fun.

I say this every thread I find, but
Asteroid Archam!

Outer orbit holding facility for all the aliens that tried to invade earth.

Have Terry Mcginnis as batman, and expand into more of the DC universe like the Lantern Corp and the Reach.

It'll provide more opportunity to step up enemy and enviroment designs, and they can finally stop bringing the joker back into it, until they end up doing it by rehashing the Archam Knight plot with the Tim Drake Joker chip from the movie, because fuck us.

Space Joker

That shit scared me as a kid, seeing all those heroes mind controlled.