Saint Rows 2

It's currently free as in free of charge for limited time on GOG.

I heard this game is the best of the best out of the saint row series.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Saints_Row_2#High_frame_rate
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Saints_Row_2#Issues_fixed
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I heard the PC port is shit.

Yes.

Not even close. That's "dark souls 2 is the best souls game" levels of bullshit.

It's the only good one.

Some of you really can't use the catalog.

Its by far the best in the series. The PC port is horrible though, hough there are fixes for it.

The "Gentlemen of the Row" mod should fix some of the bad port issues.

Yeah, it's a shame that they listened to the normalfags and replaced everything good by simply adding more "lul so randump dildo cannon" in 3 and 4.

Saints Row 3 cuckold detected, have you already pre-ordered Agents of Mayhem too?

You've heard right. This entry, unlike its subpar successors, balances the wackyness and the seriousness of the world it is set in perfectly. Its aged pretty well, but, if you are going to play it, be wary of the pc port. It's shit.

But Saints Row 3 is the first and only genuinely good game in the series. SR1 and 2 are shit-tier GTA clones. SR3 is when the series became its own thing, and was actually fun.

Why does everyone say the port is shit? I have not had any trouble with it whatsoever. It crashed on me a grand total of one time, and I had to go into an .ini file to change some setting a total of one time. Maybe people hate the controls? Maybe it doesn't offer as many graphical options or PC-centric options as games that were well ported? Maybe there are more glitches? Granted, I haven't put a lot of time into the game as of yet, so maybe there's something I'm missing, but I've done a few of the major storylines already (I've completed the asian and hatian gang stories) and so far it's been decent.

Why do people think this is a shitty port?

Some didn't play Saints Row 1 or 2 online.
Also, 3 became a glorified parody of itself. Throwing out the gang takedown formula of the first 2 installments. The "hood" motif is basically gone and they "killed off" Johnny Gat for fuck sakes.

Mostly just bugs, terrible controls, and terrible performance.

The only reason I was even able to drag myself through the campaign was because I did the whole thing co-op. Co-op it was 5/10 at best.
Works for me, and it worked for the game, as it is the most well-received game in the series across all platforms.

Free on GoG? I may as well torrent it at my leisure later.

It is, but the PC port is garbage. Be sure to mod that shit with stuff like Gentlemen of the Row

Saints Row 4 is the best

wait, nevermind, I'm good.

Nigga you call that a Saints Row?
It was okay, but far from what Saints Row was about. We went from a nice GTA alternative to Matrix with aliens and superpowers coupled with humor straight out of big bang theory and reddit.
Also, I beg to differ. SR2's map had a better map where each district had a soul, better character and gang creation, the cars had a use, and there was nice little ideas like improvised melee.

Yeah, I'm not running it on a titan, but my computer is far from being a toaster, what the fuck?

GOG version has a 30fps limit for cut-scene reasons:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Saints_Row_2#High_frame_rate
Try these too:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Saints_Row_2#Issues_fixed
It works on my PC :^)

Top to bottom developer incompetence.

Thanks user, I read through it and managed to fix both the FPS issue which is probably why I thought it ran like shit, then I got the issue where the game ran at like 2 times the speed, then I fied that too. I'm having no issues anymore… for now.

It is indeed the best in the series, it feels like a spiritual successor to GTA SA in a lot of ways. Be aware that the PC port is a real stinker though, the GoG version might be a little bit better with the Gentleman patch and whatnot.

1 is pretty good too but it's showing its age and is only on Xbox 360.

3 is shit.

4 is a little bit better than 3 but not great.