The attack on Persona 5's "failed" localization continues

archive.is/GVlFf

They're going all out now, because their friends didn't get the chance to tamper Persona 5 and subvert it with their filthy social justice and feminist ideology. Now, they made a website 7 days ago to "point out" the "failure" of the game's localization. This is pure desperation.

Other urls found in this thread:

personaproblems.com/
archive.is/k37BU
archive.is/7whsW
archive.is/ayY2U
archive.is/WX0yy
archive.is/R6ZPJ
at-it-translator.com/video-game-culturalization-definition-and-best-practices-igda-locsig/
deepfreeze.it/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You know, I'm starting to understand how the japanese botch this shit all the time.

Seems like no matter how it gets localized, someone yells at them, so they probably just get a "fuck it" attitude about it.

The problem is that people who are satisfied don't give feedback.

Weeaboo problems never end. Just stop playing japanese games. Support western developers.

friendly reminder that you can learn Japanese

I remember them bitching about a poorly explained Shogi piece question.

I'd be kinda annoyed too but nothing to make a Kotaku article over.

What are they bitching about?

The shogi question wasn't poorly explained. They were complaining because the question wasn't localized to be about chess.

This

Stop trying to subvert us with memory holes you disinfo shill

Whoever loses, Holla Forums wins.

No thanks. I don't like giving my money to blue haired, meme loving, social justice faggots.

My mistake, sorry.

Would if there were any decent western games being made.

I don't have any particular opinion on this.

No, no we don't, nobody wins. Where the fuck do you think we are and think you can say such self-loathing shit, faggot?

Nice generalization

your trips are voided.

No we dont you fucking moron. Weebs at least stay in their niche corner. SJWs infect EVERYTHING.

The website is actually well done, he defines a good translation as NOT CENSORING THE ORIGINAL WORK, and he even has the original Japanese matching up with the legitimate translation errors that the game has. It's not SJW nonsense, as someone who DOES read Japanese the translation was rushed to hell.

Stop making an "SJW" controversy when there isn't jack shit.

personaproblems.com/

Stop concern trolling us you defeatist shill

Those aren't even good type of weebs. Its god damn persona, a game from which the weeb meme started. Japanese school boy simulator.

REALLY
MAKES
YOU
THINK
Fuck off shill

Fuck off, faggot.

Like David Cage? Look at the softballing while he doesn't even talk about the game in his Catherine review.

Actually, if you'd look around you'd realize that a lot more people are critical of translations than you think. FE:Fates is the butt of MANY jokes, even outside of Holla Forums.

fuck off Nich

Reminds me. Who the fuck was it that popularised P3? I mean it was a niche little game, then some bastard furry went on spread this shit like wildfire. Drawing in furfags and proto-tumblrSJW in.

I'm not that faggot, just because someone has the gall to disagree with the idiots filling Holla Forums with this bullshit doesn't mean I'm one SJW. For fucks sake, I'm one of the guys that STARTED the damn Nipponese Learning Threads explicitly because of the shit that was happening in mid-2015 with translations.

The game does have legitimate errors, but nothing to really complain about. Not sure why people care, the only people that expect a 100% accurate translation are the faggots that expect all games to be art and can't stand something being faulted yet still good.

Should be bannable, tbh.

I'd actually recommend reading some of the site, I didn't catch some of the errors while playing but the translation actually does have a lot of issues.

Fine, here's my opinion: Fuck weebs and SJWs. Persona is not a video game and should only be talked about in >>>/weebleftypol/
There.

That has literally nothing to do with this website. The man even says it is not good translation to edit content like those fuckers are suggesting.

I swear to fucking god people like you give me aneurysms.

as much as I dislike the guy behind this, they really brought the guns out this time.
guess they're trying to keep the TD people honest.

There's this place called facebook where you don't have to deal with either it sounds like a fucking paradise.

I didn't say anything about the website. I'm just saying don't pretend that these people always cared.

"These people"? I'm talking about this one, specifically. If you're seriously that far into us vs. them I doubt you can be saved.

Well I wasn't.

I have zero respect for game journalism so I generally look negatively on those act like arbitrators of good design. Things like the GDC and IGDA are cancer.

You must be illiterate and quite short-minded to make a post like this one.

So what exactly is the issue here. I recall some Goon spreading bullshit about the box art being censored during localization, but other than that i don't really see the issue here.

But Holla Forums is full of weebs

Fuck off and know your origins.

I thought that SA was dead…

The shills have come to play, I see.

Said the OP who hasn't even posted in his own thread until now.

Said the goon.

No one cares about your pedoshit
You know normal japanese people consider anime gooks and neets to be the SJW's of their country, spreading faggot and feminist propaganda?
Kill yourself

This is going to end up like the Nekopara thread, isn't it?

I should be glad that SA is such a corpse that this knowledge has been basically lost but it also means newfags are completely running the asylum. Take the good with bad, I guess.

It triggered you so I honestly couldn't care less what I post. I'm not even that much of a weeb I just like the classics (Berserk, Cowboy Bebop. Trigun, Etc) but faggots like you are such obvious goons and Jew shills it's hilarious. Let me remind you that this started as an anime board; all of this shit did. We are on the ass end of the internet and we enjoy it that way so fuck off.

Probably.

Where the fuck are all these anti anime/anti Japan faggots coming from? Is NeoGAF down or something?

They probably think that /a/ is the enemy of Holla Forums, too

It's always goons. They hate anime and always try to ruin other websites.

Here's you (U)

If the journos were defending keeping the game completely unchanged for "diversity" or some shit, Holla Forums would be attacking that too. Stop being such stupid fucking contrarians. The translation has problems no matter what side of the fence you're on.

Nobody here is defending the translation, just pointing out how they attack it because it suits their narrative.

Just because (((they))) are criticizing the translation does not mean they are doing it for the same reason we are fuckwit.

OK, sure, they came to the right conclusion for the wrong reasons. You're still shitting on them for being right, which is fucking stupid at best.

Nigger if they had changed shit like ages or removing "creepy" scenes this cuck wouldn't say peep about it.

No, they don't, they're not criticizing the quality of the translation, merely whining that it is "problematic" and not censored enough.

SJW problems never end. Just stop playing western games. Support Japanese developers.

You see this pic user? You're such a cuck even she wouldn't date you. Get used to being alone forever.

I don't fucking speak ding dong bannu.

Really now.

Is Burch in cahoots with Podesta and friends now?

Bottom of the barrel there user. The cuck couldnt catch kelp.

Am I supposed to be offended?

Fuck off EA.

Feel whatever you want to feel faggot, I ain't your
dad.

No thank you.

They need to fuck off back to their five dollar cuck club.

You have a great day too.

Well, neogafs got the virgin part down at least.

I hope you step on a lego!

I'm married, nigger. I'm just pointing out that as trues as "even a broken clock is right twice a day" is, it's still stupid to shit on somebody for being right.

Except this is literally shitting on the quality of the translation and arguing against censorship. You don't even know who you're disagreeing with.

I'm sure it is.

Prove it, wizard.
Unless it's really what said, which
is so so so much worse.

You talk like a virgin m'lady-er, who are all over my college. I know your type, you sandals wearing faggot.

I wish it wasn't so obvious that this was coming.

so what I'm getting at is, SJW trying to gate keep via latching onto something good yet again and now their goon pawns are doing the work for them trying to astroturf the usual way?

Reminder that if you don't report the "weebshit" goons then you are helping the "weebshit" goons.

I'm not pulling my wedding certificate from my filing cabinet, scanning it, and blotting out the personal details, and I'd have to be retarded to post pictures of my family on here, so no. You can take my word for it or get fucked.
I literally only said that criticizing somebody for being right but not the exact flavor of right that you want is stupid. Pick your battles. Don't be one of those idiots who has to find flaws in a position you agree with just because you can't stand the mouth it's coming from.

Cuck.

Chadtronic?

Vaginas weld themselves shut and their own biology tells them that breeding is against their own best interest, and the greater good
archive.is/k37BU

Its garbage

Go back to wizardchan if you're too threatened by crippling fear of being cheated on to lose your virginity. Even hotwheels has gotten laid. I'm not defending anybody, I'm attacking you for being stupid.

Oh okay, I believe you. It's not like someone would go on the internet and tell lies anyway.
I bet you'd support a gang killing a group of pedophiles so they could run the kiddy prostitution ring instead, wouldnt you? After all, they're dealing with the immediate problem. Who cares why they're doing it.

More like neofag makes up fake story. He's probably lowkey asking for advice from the other virgins how to find the pussy on a girl in real life, so he can larp a bit better next time.

Cuck.

Bait. Just because you can't lose your mana even if you try so very, very hard, doesn't mean the rest of us aren't above grovelling to the false idol of 3DPD

LEND ME YOUR ENERGY, I'LL EXPEL THEM

In what world is that the right thing for the wrong reasons? Running a kiddy prostitution ring is the right thing? You can't ignore half the action and call it the "right thing", idiot.
It's more like somebody doing charity work for a bunch of homeless shelters because they hate the rich, or somebody who helps people out constantly because they're self-absorbed and obsessed with the idea of looking good. Come up with a better analogy, retard.

Being a virgin is fine, but moody upset virgins like you are about on the same level as cucks when it comes to your fucked-up sexualities. At least the wizards don't act like they're superior to non-wizards just for being what they are, unlike "3DPD" faggots and NTR drones. I'm not better for being married, but you need to sort out your insecurity. Again, if you want to avoid everybody who has ever been in the presence of another human being, wizardchan might be a better place for you. You might find things here that make you upset, and you seem unable to cope.

FUCKING THIS

SJWs will attack anything that doesn't have their ideology in it or anything they can't make money off of. Look at how they support a ton of SJW games on Kickstarter, but when Shenmue 3 came out, they started to fucking attack it non-stop.

You can lie on the internet all day, but you aren't married. You are a a 3DPD lover and a cuck. You aren't welcome here, go back to reddit or neogaf or wherever.

Oh, you mean like you just did before? Ignoring the reason for why he was against the translation? Are you this inconsistent with your pretend wife too? Or do you just argue unfaithfully on the internet only?

You know good well that nobody is learning Japanese on here. They say they do but really don't. Just like pretending to be girls and liking traps.

Oh, and of course the obvious intention from the sjws complaining about the translation being that they didnt censor all the problematic content. But that doesnt matter to you, does it? Half the action, where they remove the competition and continue to censor the "problematic content", they're right this time so support them right? Who cares about the other half the action this time right?

Your fake wife would be so disappointed in you right now.

t. Anthony Burch

In a perfect world, virgins are married to virgin women. Anything else and its a socially inadequate pair that will cherish their marriage and kids less, accordingly to the amount of people they fucked before, and dumped. A woman that fucked bunch of men before marriage thinks she can as easy dispose of her husband, as of a boyfriend.
With polygamous relationship shilling that is going on in modern culture it is obvious that jews are pushing the limits of divorce rates and cuckolding between europeans so they can never secure stable family to get more children born and raised in traditional values.

Are you implying Holla Forums doesn't actually like traps?

kill yourself

In a perfect world, the wizards of this world open 2D portals, allowing virgins to travel to the lands of their waifu.

I only called you a cuck once, goon. Are you imagining things? Other than your totally real wife, of course.

I didn't actually read the required material. I'm just here to argue that censorship is bad and point out your imaginary wife is fake.

Neofag needs to embrace the unity of dick and love of soft things.

I seriously hope sega and atlus don't actually end up listening to these goons.
The clique is restless because someone outside of it managed to release a good product without enriching the text and using hands off translation methods as instructed by IGDA manuals and now they're lashing out, trying to astroturf, create an image of a vocal disappointed majority and create false consensus into forcing atlus's hand.

What the need to do is die.

See
In particular the 2 last images.

I wonder how many minutes did it take for the guy in pic #4 to get permabanned after that or simply called a pedo.

I don't care. All I care about in this thread is goon-trash like you, stinking up the board.

I find it interesting that waifu threads have one, two people shitting on the thread for being"weeb shit" but even the hardcore trolls give up after 20 posts.

Yet,
Here we have constant replys of "weeb shit "weeks r bad" weeby weeb weeb" and for some reason they throw Holla Forums in there.

Im not saying this is some weird George Soros style propaganda shilling mind games, but I place my left nut that not all shitposters do it for free.

Neofag hates 2D, but loves feminism. There will be no unity through dick, only hate.
It's obvious the sticking point between you and other anons is you're supporting a goon because he has the same opinion as you right "now". But his reasons are because he wants the status quo, where sjws get to censor and control content, whereas the anons here and other hate it for bad translation and want good translation separate from sjws. Accepting the enemy only gives them credence to take back over and continue their shit.

And frankly, I would take shit translations over goon translations anyday. At least the shit translations try to stay faithful to the source material. Cant say the same for the SJWs.

ooops, forgot muh pics.

You and whatever you have to say, lost all power here when you revealed your nature. Just fuck off already, jew.

Fuck off goon.
Hopefully xseed and altus will run you subhumans out of business soon enough.

Kill yourself

They don't care. You should stop.

No one is saying it's a good translation Burch, all people are saying is that the game journalists are not complaining about the translation being shit.

Stop arguing with strawmen and mentioning your "wife", it's embarrassing.

Do you have any concept of how retarded of a decision that is? The very fact that a developer saw a shitty translation better than an SJW translation is telling. And siding with the faggot SJWs only gives them more leverage and the illusion that everyone is on their side, to take back full control of a company that wants nothing to do with them.

Read the thread and kill yourself, autistic jew goon.

Letting SJW opinions go uncontested will hamper the creation and distribution of good games

As long as you're not reporting him, you're helping him.

Get used to it goon, you hold no power here.

Sure you aren't cuck.

Kill yourself autistic jew goon.

What the fuck is your issue with him? Less monkey screaming and Holla Forums, and more actual point making.

It's the usual mix of SA/Reddit/GAF and industry shills trying to pretend vidya isn't primarily a Japanese thing.

Kill yourself autistic jew goon.

You will not divide us, goon

You do a good enough job off that yourself.

Jesus fucking christ, there's no way you're being this obtuse on accident. Okay, I make simple for you and your pretend wife okay?

BAD SJW PEOPLE CENSOR GAMES
ABUSE GAMES
NIPPON SAD, NO GAIJIN BUY GAMES!
NO YEN FOR 2D WAIFU TO TAKE ON DATES
NIPPON GET BASIC TRANSLATION DEVICE
ESCAPE ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP WITH GAIJIN TRANSLATOR COMPANIES
NO MORE HURT NIPPON
GAIJIN CUSTOMER (YOU) START SCREAMING GO BACK TO ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP
WHEN NIPPON SAY NO WANT TO
YOU SCREAM BAD TRANSLATION
WHEN PEOPLE MAD AT YOU
YOU SAY "I just want good translations"
YOU FORCE NIPPON BACK TO ABUSIVE GAIJIN
WITH SHITTY GAIJIN AND SHITTY TRANSLATIONS
BECAUSE YOU SIDE WITH ABUSER GAIJIN
AND NIPPON HAS NOWHERE ELSE TO GO

Can someone who speaks japanese tell them that the Social Justice thing pisses off people that plays games?
Localizers can't speak japanese so they'll never know.

Little late there buddy

Tits or GTFO.

Hopefully Trump reeks havoc on their incubators (academia) and keeps this shit shit from spreading further

exactly

This.
What a heartfelt post, holy fuck.

Neogaf has mods that are pedos. I don't see the problem.

Feels comfy.

Tried deleting my posts to clean up thread, some says wrong password. Fuck.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with pointing out bad translations, but where the fuck were these people when games like Fire Emblem Fates, Xenoblade X, etc. were getting fucked up left and right? There was no fancy site like this for Fates, even though that translation is 100x worse.

And the fact that Xythar (a well known SJW) and a fucking blockbot user are involved makes me question their motives.

No need to question their motives, because you can rest assured they are doing it to harm us and the product.

Here we go again. Fuck off goon.

Antisemitism will not be tolerated.

It might surprise you, but people can have differing opinions from whatever clique you're assuming they're in. Right-leaning people don't usually fit into the "basket of deplorables" box and conversely left-leaning people don't necessarily belong in the SJW box.

See above. Unless you can point out something concrete that's wrong with that site and the points it makes.

Frankly I noticed that as well, not to mention the sex shilling to get autists off kilter.

Really makes you think.

That's an adorable catto.

Fuck off.

Mr. (17) put quite an effort in ensuring everyone would view him as a cretin. I feel we need to respect that.

SJWs are pretty much a cult you moron. Dissent is not allowed.

Back to FYAD with you.

I'm on to you.

So which part of the left aren't fighting for "social justice" and "equality"?

wait, are faggots here actually defending bad engrish-like translations because the authors of that site have SJW friends? Looking through the thread it seems there are some nigger iq retards who think something is SJW when it isn't, simply because the author is of dubious reputation. And it makes sense to assume that, when it isn't possible to analyze the source material and deduce whether they've used socjus "corrections" to corrupt a piece of art, but everything on that site seems to be laid bare, and comparisons shown seem to be purely grammatical, contextual errors and don't seem to have much if anything to do with SJW-like censorship

More like relatively low effort posters who would have been told to put a bullet in their head not two years ago tack on a "jew" or "goon" to their shitty post to make themselves seem cool and smart and relevant instead of the shitty know-nothing mogrels they are.

Take the pr somewhere else niggerfaggot.
Also, they're called goons because the content of their character in their posts is that of a goon. A parasitical creature that invades where it's not welcome trying to force it's shitty leftist, pro censorship agendas through any means necessary. Goons are the enemies of all free men, and therefore all of america.

If they are an SJW. Way to miss the point.

And which part of the non-SJWs (a tiny minority) aren't racist sexist tranny gassers?

Somehow, I think Burch has found this thread. Sure feels like that last time he visited us.

I love you too fucking hetero.

If someone acts like a goon, posts like a goon, and has goon opinions, then they are probably a goon. Same goes for Jews. But sure. Your "I don't like your rhetoric, mister!" posts are so much higher quality.

Not defending bad translations, just wondering why they singled out this game in particular when there are far worse. Like maybe they're going to try and convince Atlus that they can do it better or something.

If they use the blockbot they are an SJW. If they are anti-GG they are an SJW. It's not really hard to out an SJW, since they all behave the same.

I'm anti GG, but I'm not a SJW. I just think that Concern shilling PR-screamers burnt it down. I get your point tough.

I have absolutely no idea what you were even trying to post. Everyone is now SJW except for a tiny minority? Everyone who isn't SJW is [SJW buzzwords]? Just goes to show you have nothing to say and you're just barely trying to cover up the fact that you support SJWs taking over translations again.

How does one use twitter? Every time I try, I always end up quickly banned for following the wrong people or commenting on the wrong things, or just following linux channels and getting bored within an hour. It's all sensory overload but no substance. I gotta be doing something wrong.

Before people worry about it

Is not entirely the case. While >(17) was a shitposter. 8a3de0 is fine since he's not a goon but rather disagrees with certain points of view. Also I want to point out how these goons started to appear around the same time as the kotaku article. Not calling everyone who disagrees a goon, however it's something interesting I wanted to point out.

tl;dr people are abusing VPNs to shit up the thread, 8a3de0 is legitimate, but >(17) is a faggot.

Should I stop explaining these things?

They're trying to get into the translation process by putting pressure on Atlus. The whole point is to expose the bad quality of the translation so they can then inject a bunch of their (((localizers))) to "fix" it and make it kosher.

This is no excuse, because it supposes that the yelling of drooling retards is equal to the yelling of shredded geniuses. The answer is to always exclude the drooling retards, because while the current social climate frowns on directly killing them, you can still encourage them to kill themselves by driving them out of everything like the undesirables they are.

Nothing to see here, fellow Holla Forumsirgins :^)

Feel free to keep going. Transparency is always good.

Take your racism back to your $10 board.

Oof, so close. You tried to reel it in by using a bad swear word but you gave it away.

Just keep getting rid of the goons. They have been shitting up the board a lot lately.

That's what it seems like to me. The last thing we need is more SJWs fucking with weeb games.

If that guy could follow Burch into a gas chamber it'd be a nice win tbh

Alright. I'll have a meta thread very soon to discuss the issue at hand. Just give me a few days for my flu to wear off.

Dear christ why are the $10 here arguing about video games? Don't they have actual lives to ruin and people to drive to suicide?

They have to do something quiet while other men are fucking their wives.

If they actually spent time practicing their jobs, would they actually be 10 dollar shills or bloggers for gaming sites?

Goons are primarily identified by their hatred of anime, and anything sexual (not counting gay stuff). Also, the are strong believers in what we can call "The liberal agenda" for ease of use. That is anything you could see Kotaku, Vice, Buzzfeed, Hillary Clinton or Anita saying for example.

Jews, are a more complicated bunch. They have a deep-seated sense of superiority, even tough they can exist only as a parasite. They are swindlers, liars and conmen. They are the inventors and propagators of communism, Marxism, and all it's twisted off spring. You will rarely see a jew at the forefront of an Anti-Aryan argument, but if look, you can see them always pulling the strings. Anything that pushes for the destruction of European races and civilization, has a jew or more in the lead.

Im just gonna copy paste what i said on twitter over here.

Image 1. he is complaining they translated 仕方ない (Shikatanai) - 'It can't be helped' as 'It can't be helped'.

Image 2. he is complaining they translated さすが (Sasuga) - 'as expected' as 'as expected'.

Image 3. This complaint would hold true if this was a text only game, but as it has VOICE ACTORS, CHARACTER VOICE is provided that way. This kind of thinking also leads to shit like the 8-4 dragon quest translations where they 'spice things up' into unreadable gibberish.

(assuming my image order doesn't get scrambled)

You do realise you just admitted to being a goon right?

Another sign of a goon is a (fake) 'I don't care about anything and think it's funny that you do' attitude.

Wat?

Should have gotten the hint and went over to /letypol/. They can always use the IDs.

I should hope so, you just admitted to ban evading.

Probably because you forgot to pay some kind of price before posting again.

Jesus Christ, you sound like a 14 year old who just discovers atheism

Holy fuck he's gone full fedora.

So, he's misconstruing the facts to try and craft a narrative to turn the customers against a developer that is deciding a different, less cancerous option from their SJW bullshit?
For a guy who doesnt care, you sure are putting in a lot of effort.
You really should review your actions here, with your pretend wife m8.

That does seem weird, like it needs to be "quirky", cringeworthy dialogue instead of just the simplest choice? But the 3rd pic I don't understand, so no comment on that

feels good

You should not have deleted posts like:

Actually you shouldn't have deleted any of his posts it's removing essential context to the thread. Ban people if you absolutely must. Deletion should be reserved for flooding and the like.

The hard-left branding everyone not 100% on their side a basket of deplorables. The converse happens too.

Uh huh.

nope

You dont say.

Call him a jew, and watch how he recoils! "I've been found out!"

The 3rd one is about character voice in text. Something you will notice more if you have played old amature adventure game titles. Often in text only games characters will 'sound' very similar because they aren't well written to bring their personality across in pure text dialogue format. In this case he is complaining that you cant tell what characters are saying which line except that that doesn't hold true when the characters are voiced, you don't need to spice up the text when the characters are actually talking.

There is also a matter of preference in here. I much prefer dry direct translations rather than flowery look mummy i have an english degree translations.

What did he mean by this?

Was he autistic?

Again, no clue. But I can tell you're shitposting so fuck off retard.

Fuck, a Jewish goon? How the hell did you part with your $10 without having an aneurysm?

Would it help if we called you a goon in Hebrew?

Where the fuck do those niggers come from? Is this their first day on imageboards?

Do they realize that anons were talking about anime and using anime reaction images since forever?

I play the game with JPN audio obviously and have no complaints about the voices but I have to say this:

Dual audio was clearly an afterthought. The subs in P5 are lacking and a lot of things are unsubbed. I hope P6 takes dual audio more seriously.

They should take the Tales series as inspiration of a good localisation.

Still this is Atlus' first foray into dual audio for Persona so I'll cut them some slack.

See

Neogaf

its like people don't realise where image boards came from in the first place.

Yeh i noticed a number of sequences that really should have had subtitles. Thankfully most of it is fairly simple japanese so you can understand whats being said even if you only have a minor grasp of nip.

I don't mind if people hate anime or whatever.

But if you are an anti weeb going into a Persona thread you need help.

It's almost as if imageboards were made by weebs for weebs, and Holla Forums was created later for weebs who wanted to talk about vidya. If the retard complaining isn't a goon, he at best is one of those retards who came to 4chan really late because he heard it was edgy and/or a "good source of le memes xD"
But he's probably just a goon.

they're goons
yes
no

They're goons. They've been trying this subversion shit for years and still haven't accomplished a damn thing. Pretty sad when you realize they actually paid real money to spend all day getting mad at anime in the hopes of being accepted into a circlejerk.

Why doesn't anyone start making a list of "✡ Parasites in Gaming ☭" & distribute it to devs/publishers along with petitions to blacklist said parasites? There is a big difference between what consumers actually buy & what parasites with megaphones (cliques inhabiting press & other pressure groups) demand. If you make a big enough noise over it, relentlessly enough, it would at the very least generate a great deal of salty hit pieces.

I mean fuck.
>That was popularized for western users by a weeby teen and a backstabbing cuck to add to that

I don't mind people disliking anime either, it's not for everyone, but at the same time I find complaining about weeb stuff on fucking chans out of all places to be retarded.

And finally, all the pretences are gone and the goon outs himself completely.

You guys notice how his tone has changed? He realized he was found out, and is now acting superior, making himself look stupider and stupider.

I know this isn't Holla Forums but god damnit user I agree with this so much and I can't understand why normalfags don't see it. Either everyone is a sexual deviant now or they're just going a long with it and/or pretending. I don't understand why people can't see this is destroying how modern society ever came to be. In a fuck anyone and everything environment you end up with Africa and other third world shit holes where the only thing keeping the population in check is lack of food, war, and and disease. Even with all that it is exploding.

In western society the traditional family unit is what every other great thing we did or discovered was based upon or the result of. Kinship/Klanship/Family first and everything else comes after. This keeps the Government and warlords in check by default because anyone that goes against the family gets the axe or sent into the wilderness.

Even the normalfags know the one world government/1984/NWA is coming/already here but they'll turn right around and participate in the things you talked about. They'll consume drugs/alcohol in excess too. They'll do things like become "pansexual" just for the image of begin hip. You know what that is? It's the same thing most famous people do. It's signing your soul away. Giving up a part of your natural self for petty gain. It makes you a horrible person and doesn't even matter if you're into religion or not at the end of the day it's the same shit.

Western society will die because the family units were destroyed by design and no one will ever write a history book describing it that way. Well books will be written but they'll surely be banned/burned/not spoken of unless you want to go to fun camp of course.

We do give feedback. Unlike the SJW parasite who lives on discord and controversy we buy the games. At full price.

Atlus knows who their audience is.

If he got banned on his goon board for being racist there he'd have to pay ten more bux.

>Ugh, I'm disgusted by any implication of heterosexuality
This poster belongs in a bog.

Nobody, everyone is just warning you that you will look like even a bigger retard than you were already.

Are you even getting paid for this? Please at least tell me that you're getting paid for this.

You don't come off as smug to anyone, just extremely frustrated and defensive.

Smug just doesn't work without a smug anime girl.

You pay lowtax $10 to get rulecucked on a shitty forum running vBulletin version 2.fuckingold. Nothing you say can be of any value you've already proven how stupid you really are.

Look, it's the "I actually don't care about anything" phase.

(checked)
Those digits.

kek

All by design, lad.

Something here doesn't add up.

If you actually felt like you were superior as you claim you wouldn't hide the fact that you're a goon. In fact you'd preface your posts with "I am a goon". Subversive methods are only used by inferior beings because they know they are inferior.

Do you also think that the videogame character you are most like is Kefka?

I like your 4chan filename, tenbux.

You're an inferior subversive jew goon and there's nothing you can do to convince other people.

137_ was from 2013, goon.

What is it with mentally ill people that despise anime and everything japan related trying to make their home on imageboards, especially after being told for years to kill themselves and fuck off? Is THAT what autism truly is?

The funny thing about this is, have you noticed how much the groups considered normal become far more degenerate than the ones considered to be outcasts and actual degenerates? I mean shit, I know people who read a shit ton of 2D fetish porn and actually support traditional families and wish for people to go back to old culture as well as dream of having a loyal wife, while being in relationship and producing children.

How else can they get more people to despise anime and everything japan related? Stay on their own site?

Alright anons. I've had my fun. You're all getting pretty boring anyway with the same arguments over and over. No creativity in kids these days. Oh well.

It's partly because we're begin shilled/invaded on purpose but mostly because the whole begin a geek/nerd thing got hip with normalfags who shitted on anime and gaming years ago. Which is why they pay $90 for a fucking powerglove that everyone who used one back in the day knows is a piece of shit not worth buying.

Naturally like everything else they've shit up they've come to rulecuck and bring their normalfag ways with them. It's hip to like certain anime but not the bad anime. Can't have anything too lewd. Can't have anything niche or too full of Japanese references because those companies want that sweet normalfag market now and pander to it.

Once they ruin both they'll move on to leech off some other thing. Probably the thing us oldfags moved on to or something some youngfags that aren't pozzed started to get away from their normalfag peers.

I've noticed similar fuckery elsewhere. It really does make you think other groups are organizing their own CTR, but thoughts like those are paranoid and conspiratorial.

For example in a thread about Paper Mario 1.1 there were:
Shitposts
Actual discussion
and "B-but Vivian was a girl when I played as a kid I don't like this mod removing censorship =,("

It was really jarring to see. The tone in the third type of posts was very off in a way I can only describe as foreign.

They seem to be from Holla Forums about 95% of the time based on their post histories. Not to shit on Holla Forums I like the board, but this last year has drawn all sorts of people here from places I can only guess at. Maybe they haven't experienced what other boards are like or chans in general is my impression.

They can't because anime is ironically one of the last bastions of white beauty and purity.

Holla Forums has been crying for months that Holla Forums has been shit up and completely ruined by shills and shitposters so there's nothing surprising there.

I think you don't even deserve an argument, have a smug anime girl if it triggers you so much.

You mean Holla Forums?

It's D&C pure and simple. They started that shit on Holla Forums years ago but old/pol/ loved anime because most admire Japanese society thanks to Hitler calling them honorary Aryans. Holla Forums has regular threads about Japan begin invaded by SJWs. You're right the election was like endless summer in over drive with the newfags and a lot of them fell for that bait but trust me it is a tactic shills have been using for years.

heh

Also you'd be surprised how few people are really behind the "weebshit" posting. It's probably like 2-3 people tops, they're just incredibly autistic.

Like in real life we're begin run out of our home lands constantly and keep having to make/hide in new ones. Eventually the normalfags will breed us out all together and the clearnet will be lost for all time.

DISPOSABLE

pol has been crying about this since early 2015 and they will still cry about it in 10 years

Who would have thought, it's almost like Holla Forums gets so fucking insanely obsessed about their own ideas that they go into extremes without realizing it, and if you disagree with them they'll call you a shill and shitpost your arguments to death.

I agree with a shit ton of what Holla Forums says, but I miss the old Holla Forums which was far more open to other ideas while still retaining it's right-wing nature. Remember when there used to be actual discussions between the libertarian and authoritarian right? Remember when we had other authoritarian ideologies expect for NatSoc like monarchists? Remember when we had moderate conservatives on /pol? Remember when discussion about race was followed by people arguing for the survival of their people and not killing everyone who looks slightly different from them? Good times.

How long until you force a 10 dollar fee for posting here? I mean, 20 dollars isn't that steep. I mean, 40 dollars to enjoy this board, who doesn't have 50 dollars?

Okay so what happened to Persona 5? Was the translation accurate or something?

archive.is/7whsW

It's ogre.

Ruined it for yourself. Fuck off.

I wonder how many people will get caught

Yeah, Holla Forums is just too stupid to see the brilliance of your hyper specific, super niche political system. If you get shut down, it's because you aren't making good enough arguments, faggot.

You're already wrong since you're technically implying Xythar has ever held a reasonable opinion on localization.

This is a good point. Not only do they hate anime (which is fine IDGAF) they want to take away your anime.

That is what differentiates fanatics from normal people.

GO FUCK YOUR SELF WITH JACKHAMMER

Just report Holla Forums instead of replying.

I'll think about it.

cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunt.

I'd say it's because this last election year was a total war, it tends to make that sort of polarized hostile environment even among fellow allies. I think things will get better over time.

Anyways, I should probably ban myself by this point for being so off-topic from video games.

Holla Forums has had a problem with a r/thedonald infestation since the primaries. You can see a lot of the same bitching about weebs and anime there as well. Way too many tryhards, too. Sad, they had some great posters there for a long time.

Get out fag.

and about then the heavy shitposting on Holla Forums started

In what world

Fuck off leftypol

Biggest problem is the Holla Forums users and moderators who are too pussy to actually do anything and remove the shitposters on a consistent basis. They wouldn't even have gotten rid of obvious goons like in this thread. After nothing kept happening I abandoned ship. I go there a few times a week to look at the threads and nothing else.

>fuck u

I don't care for the horrible site design but it makes valid points, with examples. So what's the problem with this situation?

Hmmmm
HMMMMMMMM

Fuck off goon.

Some of us are still around lurking but it got so infested that we fell off from posting often. Hard to fight a war when you don't have time due to work while shills get paid to shit post on there all day. I noticed that a lot of oldfags on Holla Forums also turned their lives around. Lots of NEETs have gone on to attempt to be good members of society. The counter culture is now acting like my Grandparents did growing up, family values and such, it's blowing my mind to be honest. I think you're going to see a lot of oldfag Holla Forums users in positions of power in some years. We have goons in the CIA so it can't be that hard to get in there and once they are hopefully they'll work hard to undo the decay we're living in now.

I don't shill for any particular way of doing things but at some point you have to agree with other people on how things will be run. I tend to agree with Mr. Rockwell on most things. Especially how he felt about a man's race and mixing up different races. Embed related is a great over view some faggot uploaded to youtube, would webm but it's too long.

Sure you know all this already just posting for any newfags lurking that might take the bait. I gotta go to sleep so I'm up for my shift in the afternoon. Sorry for bringing Holla Forums into Holla Forums but at the same time there is going to be some over lap because they're subverting you guys as well. Don't give up fighting and don't fall for the D&C tactics from the shills.

Forgot video.

But seriously I don't think it's the entirety of Holla Forums, but rather some edgy newfags attracted to the site by Holla Forums, I say this because I've seen Holla Forums ban and delete anti weeb shitters in the past. So i don't think it's fair too call them Holla Forums but rather some edgy faggots trying to fit in.

archive.is/ayY2U
archive.is/WX0yy

On the subject of Holla Forums, I wonder how many of them are here. Doesn't bode well if the board's splintered off into various offshoots after the constant mod drama.

Yeah I've heard that some people from Holla Forums are getting into politics. Sean Spicer was probably one of many.

Mods were always sloppy there, they haven't quite found a happy medium between being overly paranoid and halfchan-tier negligence.

Or its the shills/shitposters that have been intentionally trying to destroy the board.

And I mean intentionally trying to destroy the Holla Forums board.

When these 'journos' talk, you need to translate what they say. When they complain about the Persona 5 translation, what they are really saying is 'This game should've been translated by my buddies Localization company so he could purge all the evil sexism and racism from it, jam it full of memes and propaganda and get paid handsomely for it. How dare they do a translation that sticks as close to source material as possible instead of paying us to censor them!'

They and all their empty headed peers start putting the squeeze on the publisher to try and get them to fold and buy into the nice little protection racket they have going with their SJW 'Localization' buddies.

Also, and this is from someone who doesn't have a playstation and never played a Persona game, but all the people in this thread shittalking Persona 5 without having specific, coherent arguments about the game are either extremely low effort trolls or shills. Anyone who's been on Holla Forums for any amount of time should be able to taste the shill in this thread. It's painfully obvious.

You have no idea what's happening at the local levels man. I've seen so many young men get active in the community that weren't just a few years ago. Eventually I catch them on Holla Forums or similar places when I glance at their phone/computer. Holla Forums went a bit mainstream and we're dealing with an influx of newfags because of it. As a result the already bad shilling went into over drive. Those in power don't want the normalfags waking up.

I'm not speaking of KKK-retard shit either. I'm speaking of people prepping to run for Mayor, or Sheriff, or becoming volunteers at food banks and such. They're out there participating, they're holding jobs, they're quitting drug use. It makes me happy.

Explain. Don't just screech "goon" it's not an automatic win button.

(router crashed so ID will change)

Overly paranoid is always the way to go. Literally what is the worst case scenario? That people migrate to a board on Holla Forums with better moderation? WHAT HORROR!

Actively encouraging the destruction of the board, more like. No technology threads, no reading threads, no analysis threads, just low-information screaming about what's happening as fast as possible.

From my observations a bit of mod drama can be used as another tool for d&c shilling, but it's certainly a better alternative to letting cancer grow.

Any mistake that was made by the moderation team and brought up with reasonable arguments is a learning experience. Any "mistake" that was made and someone reacts with autistic screeching validates the act/banning that was done.

Doing nothing means you learn nothing and cancer spreads.

Localization is cancer. Direct literal translation with minor grammatical corrections is the absolute most that should ever be done.

And just to bring up Holla Forums moderation in particular. Holla Forums has always had shit moderation and have not learned anything in 2 and a half years.

Glad to hear that, I've been getting shit lined up for my career as well.

Mods = CUCKS

go suck more pol cock, you faggot. Holla Forums has mod infiltration by pol.
they think they fucking run the site.

I fear for the country when Holla Forums is getting into politics.

go back to /a/ shithead

This, they went from running away from over moderation to becoming what they ran from.>>12383777

Well okay, maybe I went a little too far there, but I was just really doubtful about this certain topic and although I know that most people are memeing it, I know that some unironically believe that we should literally commit genocide on all non-whites.

Those dubs are wasted on a gigantic faggot like you.

Neither of the statements have anything to do with Holla Forums and the only reason you said it is because you think its 100% true. Fuck off goon.

im glad i wasted them so fags like you cant get them.

I'm not a goon, and how are they not true? You have to admit that Holla Forums does get far too heated when it comes to discussing race, even advocating genocide from time to time. We literally had threads about how genocide could be effeciently carried out you can argue how much of that were just memes, but you well know that there are people who believe that unironically

Why did you delete all of his posts? The guy is a shit head but I'm only seeing this thread now and would have like to laugh at him.

What made you into such a god damn faggot?

I wonder what (((country))) this could be.

F>>12382464
archive.is/R6ZPJ
Oh fuck off with these people.

Meant for

So you admit to exaggerating, then you go back on that and say its 100% true. Fuck off goon. Both of the statements I highlighted are completely fucking ineligible and if you can't tell us why I am saying that then you've clearly never fucking went to Holla Forums in the first place. So why don't you go ahead and explain why and how you were "going a little too far" when apparently you also think "how are they not true?". Oh wait you can't because you're a cuck who never went to Holla Forums.

HINT: Each statement has its own reason why they are ineligible.

Atlus was always a good developer. I'm buying P5 if it means making these bitter womanchildren upset.

That's IGDA all right.
at-it-translator.com/video-game-culturalization-definition-and-best-practices-igda-locsig/

Retardation. Maybe if you didn't want to learn about Japan's culture you shouldn't play a Japanese game set in motherfucking Japan, genius.

Fellate a gun, NeoFAG.

I said that because I realized that I'm going a little bit too far with the claim about the conservatives, and because what I said about race is not happening as often as what I said made it out to. And although there was always talk about killing niggers on Holla Forums, there were also many more people advocating for less extreme ideas.

Also fuck you nigger, I did and I still lurk Holla Forums.

Aside from some poor grammar and certain scenes not having subtitles like DVDs/Cinemas, the translation is fine. It's not PS1 shitty translation tier or anything. The use of colloquial English to not keep the translation dry isn't overdone and the same can be said about the Japanese Internet slang getting English equivalents.
I'm really happy that it didn't get corrupted and I hope Atlus continues this trend. I suggest you praise SEGA and Atlus' on twitter to let them know people like what they're doing.

I feel you. I think some are just triggered by the wrong people making the site despite posting valid examples and giving clear definitions of what they consider a good translation, which is explicitly NOT about changing shit just because a translator doesn’t like something or something’s too Japanese (e.g. crying about a Shogi question in a Japanese game set in a Japanese highschool).

Design wise I know the site’s going for the P5 colour scheme but the red is burning my eyes, and the alternate white background’s contrast seems too sharp as well.

I don’t even agree with all of the points. Like the example of the character voices not being distinct enough and expecting people to know which character is speaking which line based on the 4 separate, completely contextless lines provided. Even translators need some context to accurately translate the text they’re given, and even in the original Japanese I can’t clearly pick out who’s saying what line – both Sojiro and Ryuji speak in a more casual manner and to expect the translation to make their raw lines easily distinct is silly and unfair, making this a weak example imo.

I’d like to hear more opinions about the content and examples on the site instead of the opinions about people who made the site.

Trying too hard now. Everyone can see your subversive jew behaviour.

Fuck off goon.

Nigger, you're not making any arguments either, expect for claiming that my claims are untrue, and pointing a small inconsistency about my claims which is down to the fact that I've realized that I'm wrong about one of them and exaggarating about the other which I already explained.

You're like a fucking parrot.

Why do you have to delete the goon posts, Mark? Reading the thread like this is terrible. Please just ban them but keep the posts.

Thanks for the validation.

My argument: You're ignorant. You write things that are wrong. Your arguments are ineligible.

Your response: You refuse to even attempt to prove that you are not ignorant and even double down on ignorance while creating MAJOR ARGUMENT DESTROYING inconsistencies. Just trying to carefully word it so it seems like you're all high and mighty and not the subversive little piece of shit that you really are.

Fuck off

Almost got me to find my twitter account from my dusty diary 👌😂🤣👍

That's because calling me ignorant is a claim and not an argument you fucking mongloid.

And I did fucking explain why the incontistency was here.

its both
lolno

Claims without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Says the moron screeching "GOON" every time he finds a disagreement.

Xythar's involvement alone tells you all you need to know, dude is an eternally assblasted commie who applauds the usual censorship of weebshit because it makes the evil goiter goblins mad.

It might surprise you that Xythar would never touch something like this with a 10-foot pole if he couldn't inject pozz into it somehow. You might have a point with someone lesser known for being a tremendous cuckold, but not him.

I wonder why so many (((localisers))) have the maturity of eight year olds?

is aparently an argument.

I did explain, but you just decided to ommit it because it was uncomfortable to you, even though I fucking admit to making a mistake there and realizing that my claims weren't completely true and that I misinterpreted some things I saw.

Also

I don't know where you nigger came from but I want you out

You have to go back.

NIGGER I'M THE SAME FUCKING PERSON YOU WERE ARGUING AGAINST, ITS FUCKING OBVIOUS FROM MY POSTS

I had to change the internet network I was using, ID change came from that.

lol

Keep being a retarded parrot.

That nitwit did the same thing to me even with notice it was going to happen. He's a shitposter.

Even on a shithole like cuckchan that should be unnaceptable, don't you have anything else to get autistic about?

Fuck off goon.

Nigger, I picked up chan from other anons calling them like that here. There are people calling normalfags normalfags on Holla Forums. I wouldn't know if it's a redittor term because I don't browse that shithole.

Not an argument.

lol

Holla Forums made the "not an argument" meme, you ignorant faggot.

Holy shit talk about shitting up a thread Mr. (((43)))

No wonder their localizations are so pozzed with tumblr pronouns and bullshit.

Im starting to feel my age now but what the fuck does pozzed mean? Damn kids and your newfangled nuspeek.

It's a fag thing, pozzing each other negholes, meaning that walking aids dispensers cum inside one anothers asshole spreading aids among themselves and clueless faggots. They call this "game" bug catching.

Id heard about the practice of intentionally getting aids but didn't realise they had their own lingo…. the fuck is wrong with people.

That's an actual 8-4 employee?

"Pozzed" is derived from "Positive". Positive in STD tests. SO getting pozzed up means getting an STD from a gay.

At least htey made an effort to be clear on their standards. However, the fact that many localisers who are criticising of P5 localisation don't follow those same standards is cringy to say the least. Especially on this one:

But more important, I'd like to point my beef with some of those standards themselves:
What about chadenfreude from german, or saudade from brazilian portuguese?
This point is one of the big differences between translation and localisation for me.
Reading something localised is like reading how a certain message would be conveyed if it was said by someone of my own country. Complete with manneirisms and cultural (of my nationality) quirks. At the risk of losing some of the original language reference's and manneirisms.
It falls, then, on a matter of prefference, wether the consumer wants a localisation (perhaps he might not bother with some japanese reference) or a translation (for people who actually want to know more of that country's local culture etc).

That being said,
give me my weeb shit, normalfags get out, REEEEEEEEEE

Nips only play phone games. It's not 2000 anymore.

"Schadenfreude" isn't the best example since it's reached loanword status, at least in english. In that case it's acceptable to leave the word alone.

I concur.

So do lots of westerners. Plenty play proper video games though.

Sandals are great.

The numbers disagree with you.

I think you’re one of the few that actually read and talked about the site.

Regarding the ‘it can’t be helped/as expected’, personally I don’t think using stock phrases is necessarily a bad thing or a sign of a bad localisation. You don't always have to break out a thesaurus to paraphrase common expressions, though there ARE different ways to express the same thing with different tone/nuance/politeness levels (Hello, Hi, Sup, Hey, Yo, Howdy, Greetings…) and a good translation knows how to choose and use its words. So I can see why he’d want a translation that is context sensitive and more natural sounding. For example,

"S-So…me being right next to you, um, c-can’t be helped…" —to→ "S-So, I can’t help it if I’m, um, right next to you…"

Again, I don’t necessarily agree with all the alternatives he offers or have used (I’d need to see the original text he’s translating anyway), but for 仕方がない, ‘there’s no helping it’, ‘there’s no choice’, 'nevermind' or even an ‘oh well’ might fit better depending on context. I have a harder time with さすが and don’t really see a stylistic/wording problem with most of the examples shown. However, the site does bring up a few examples where the words 'as expected/can't be helped' pop up even where there ISN'T a 仕方がない or さすが in the original script and would have been served better by using a different phrase to translate it.

I want flowery translations if the writing is flowery and dry translations if the writing is dry. I already gave my own opinion about why the example the site gave about poor character voice is flawed, however, I’d disagree on not needing distinct character voices if voice acting is included because

1.) Even with plain Japanese text you can have very distinct, different speaking styles, and being able to bring across those nuances in a translation is a good thing
2.) A voice actor acts based on the script given to them and a well translated script can help in the voice acting and direction of the dub
3.) There are hearing impaired gamers

I think there’s no need to be try-hard (WAZZUP, PERSONA) to force a character to sound distinct when he’s obviously speaking plainly (This is…my Persona?) and I generally prefer a drier translation over a spiced up one as well, but I don't want to be forced to choose between a stilted, awkwardly phrased translation with grammatical gaffes (Persona 5) and a 'translation' that sounds natural/cohesive but doesn’t remotely resemble the original meaning (Fire Emblem Awakening and Fate support convos). I don't want to choose the lesser evil, but something actually good.

It exists, it's called DeepFreeze deepfreeze.it/

I was (17). Just woke up to find all my posts deleted. I wasn't shitposting, I was just having serious difficulty understanding why people were shitting on something that they agreed with. "Guilty by association" is stupid shit that SJWs do, and people here should be smarter than that, and learn to separate arguments from the personal lives of the people who make them. I know I said a bad word, and I suppose I should have avoided that, but none of what I was posting was anything less than sincere.

fuck off goon

I'm not getting into another shit-flinging match; don't be a shitter. I'm just saying it shouldn't be considered "shitposting" to want better translations with less censorship. Sometimes the people you don't like do, in fact, say the right things.

Fuck off goon.

GOON
O
O
N

/a/ is cancer incarnate, how do you defend a board that is about anime but has the fucking worst taste in it.

Its as if Holla Forums had generals on CoD and team fortress, with the scout as the boards husbando.

Weebs are fucking awful though, you have shit taste in videogames as well as anime.
The only I'm sympathetic is because of SJW pushing their agenda, otherwise I would just you faggots off as the Cancer that killed Shin Megami Tensei

Do goons even still exist? They were fucking everywhere a decade ago, but I didn't think SA was even still a thing.

Friendly reminder that you can spend your time learning something actually useful and not completely retarded.

yes, yes they do

you exist so yeah

Have you been living under a rock? Not only do goons still exist, they have been infesting localization companies and fucking up our games.

The retards who grew up on Something Awful and 4chan circa 2004-2008 are now in the job market, and of course they went for positions adequate to their immense amount of autism.

How many of them can there really be? Who's going to spend $10 to post on a forum for a dead comedy site? Even back when SA was a well-known site like EbaumsWorld, it didn't make sense.

you

STUPID GOON OF YORE
10BUX NEVER MORE

Does he meant Loltax?

There is a team of goons on Steam that religiously defend certain games, with multiple alt accounts.

The most recent one I can think of is the Yooka Laylee Jon Tron drama.

Good one.

So what, they're basically another neogaf at this point? I've been avoiding the e-drama threads and I never followed JewTube personalities, so I'm out of that loop, I just heard that Jon Tron got cut from the game for stating demographic facts in an unbiased way.
I would have avoided this thread too if there weren't literally retards here defending bad translation work on the grounds that their "problematic" people are criticizing the translation.

I can’t even read what you posted so I don’t even know if it was justified or what sort of 'bad word' you used, but I agree that people are dismissing the site without having even read it because wrongthinkers made it. Meanwhile low effort 'fuck off goon' posts remain intact.

You assume too much about the quality of posters here. Everyone is equally susceptible to groupthink and tribalistic thinking, so you can find autistic screeching about alt-right MRA anime Nazis (read: anyone who disagrees with them) in one corner of the internet. Meanwhile you have autistic screeching about leftist SJW goon cucks (read: anyone who disagrees with them) in this corner of the internet.

You do you. Sometimes you get good threads and sometimes you get dumpster fires.

This is not the first time I've heard this comparison and it is a very apt comparison. Yes. And its been that way for a while.

See my previous reply

FUK :DDDDDDDD

I'm just amazed they still exist. I assumed they went the way of ebaumsworld.

There's a lot to criticize about Persona 5 (goddamn cat making you sleep every night, for instance, or the fansite bullshit, or the weaker cast, or the fact that you're playing as thieves who don't actually steal anything, or the way you are being a rebel and making the world a better place by brainwashing people into compliance), but bitching out the localization is not one of them. If these asswipes had their way we'd be having more Ted Woolsey "localizations" and you lose much more than you gain that way. Hell, it wouldn't even be Persona if you try to westernize it.

But for the most part they're just angry that their ability to write press articles is no longer giving them clout to browbeat developers and publishers with, to which I can only say that these self-important cunts can get fucked.

Actually Persona 5 can be westernized very easily, if you're willing to sacrifce the Bath House and some very japanese concepts such as Karoshi and swap the retarded japanese legal system for the american legal system. Also, you can't be a tremendous faggot with localization, you'd acttually have to learn the locations of the city you're replacing Tokyo with.

tl;dr It can be done but these faggots will never apply any effort beyond find and replace - - and since attempting to get a job in these places requires spreading your buttcheeks or being related to someone already in there , it's never going to get people who care.

It's always going to be shit until these people actually die.

Why can't NeoGAF burn and die?
Why doesn't someone jump up and just wreck their servers and shit with DDoS overlord or something? They are nothing but a malignant tumor.

IGDA can burn too

8-4 needs to go as well

Alright, this is my example of a localization that would work. Note: This is off the top of my head without any deeper research, you know, shit that would be required.
The base concept of Jung is already in english , so that's easy.

Say that the Protag goes to a really odd school that forces it's students to go to class on weekends.

If you use New York as a replacement, you'd have to make the locations the following.

Yongen-Jaya would become "Midtown"

Inokashima Park would become Central Park,

Tsukishima would become Hell's Kitchen..

"Destiny Land" would stay Destiny Land because fuck.

Shogi would become Chess.

You could replace Curry with Scones or Crepes or even Waffles/pancakes.

Mirura beach would become Coney Island

Chihaya Mifune wouldn't suffer any changes, but if you wanted to be extra cringy you could make her Southern Baptist who got cast out of her church for having divining powers, you could make her even more tragic by saying her family beat her during her exorcism to make the divinity go away. It's not too much of a stretch from her actual story but it would be believable for the American audience.

For Munehisa Iwai, we'd need to make him a former Mafioso.
Change honored brother to blood brother.
Change the hong kong mafia to the Triads and…. That's about it. His character is complex and simple at the same time.

Translocating Karoshi, the Japanese Legal System, the Diet and the responisbility/honor system of the japanese would be the hardest concepts to work with. You could say the Diet is like the American system but their politicans are more hands on at the begining, when compared to Americas. We simply do not do it like they do in America, but with careful research you can come up with a parallel that is mostly the same without losing anything.

Or just learn Japanese yourself.

I can't understand what all the fuss is about. I played the game with J-Dub and I understood 99% of it. SJWs buy a japanese game and then expect it to be as american as their own ones. If you want american games then buy american games, weeaboo games are bought mostly by weeaboos anyway and they love it when their gaemz are as japanese as possible.

instead of crying you can learn about it on the internet. If shogi is the japanese national form of chess and if everyone in japan plays shogi and noone plays chess, it would be retarded to ask the devs to change this for silly gaijin dogs. Adapt yourselves to it or fuck off SJWs

They're uneducated plebs who can't even complete the minigames in Yakuza so of course they're going to shit themselves when something like Shogi appears.
It took a japanese crime game to help develop my love for Cee-Lo and Koi-Koi. It also revealed I have a gambling problem and should not be allowed near any real casinos.

I've now read about this thing a bit and while I can find nothing really sjw-ish about the site and examples used, it does reek of some sort of "gotcha" attempt by SJWs/progressives, maybe to try and increase influence over Japanese developers, especially since some of the most vocal of these localizers who have taken an unusual interest in this are the cringiest of SJWs
I certainly don't trust these scum to have any professional integrity, because professional integrity is at odds with SJW beliefs and morality

I think these are reasonable complaints. There's more than one way to translate these and it's repetitive to go with the same thing over and over. I don't know the context of the statements so these examples might not necessary fit them, but should convey my point. Not advocating the addition of "quirkyness" or whatever, just a little more variety in the phrasing.

"me being right next to you, um, is necessary" "There's no helping it, eh?" "Well, I guess that's inevitable" "That's just like you Mr.Shido" "How typical from a foreigner."

I do think it can be important to preserve tone of speech. Like, politeness, casual speech and the like, but I'm not sure if that's the complaint being made in the third.

Bingo. Their intentions are anything but honest.

Is it even repetitive, though? I'm sure these sentences weren't one after the other. They're probably spiced across the game. Nothing wrong with it.
Should we also localize Death Note so that Light Turner never says 'as expected' or that things are going according to plan?
Why is having a correct translation so terrible? They don't speak American slang, sure, and it would be slightly odd to hear some American teenager to speak this way, but it's not awful enough to change. It just feels more authentically Japanese, as much as you can get without just reading the Japanese text.

>They're probably spiced across the game.
Even if they're spaced out, I think if it's used enough it could be noticeable, especially for a phrase like "it can't be helped" which, personally at least, I don't hear terribly often in naturally spoken English.

I may be wrong, but that's his catchphrase is it not? In that case it's natural that it would see repeated use.

"It can't be helped" itself is a liberal translation of the phrase 仕方ない which literally means "there's no way/means" (of dealing with/avoiding the situation/etc.) The examples I provided really aren't more liberal, no less correct but may be more natural on the English side. A 1:1 translation would of course be ideal, but unfortunately it's just not attainable in practice with the differences between the two languages. The meaning of a word as it is in Japanese is very often applicable to multiple words in English and in different contexts the most suitable word/s for translation may change. That's my biggest qualm with phrasing it a single way, which I guess I didn't really state in my original post. "As expected" is usually pretty apt for さすが when it's used like that, and it's a commonly heard phrase in English so I don't really take issue with those lines, but listed some alternatives anyway.

The guy (BDH) who assisted with translation on that website complained about Fate's translation, though. Actually, he's complained about a lot of translations in general, and he usually backs it up with hard evidence; comparing the original scripts with the translation, and giving his own alternatives. He also complained about FE's censorship, FYI.

From what I know about him personally, he definitely has SJW leanings in some regards, but not so much for it influence his scripts on the titles he translates. He also works at Mangagamer and JAST, two H-games companies which have produced plenty of rape nukige, and various other perverted content – I really doubt someone who is a hardline SJW would be so willing to engage in things which regularly sexualize female characters all the while making the male protagonist into some sort of superhero.

I see a lot of attacking in this thread based on the ideological viewpoints of some of the people involved in this translation argument, but very few of you are actually addressing the content. The localisation DOES read extremely poorly, not just in its abundance of grammatical issues, but also in its failure to preserve multiple cases of nuance from the original script. This isn't to mention the various contradictory elements of localisation which exist in the title, likely due to the fact that there were many translators / editors working on it (which likely had different styles), and there might not have been time for good coordination. From the hacked files we can also see that there's some interesting things going on in the scripts themselves, with many of them being out-of-order and what not. Needless to say, this just seems like a combination of translators who may-or-may-not be competent, working in a presumably rushed time frame, under possibly limited or inadequate communication. The fault is not just on the translators, but on the management who likely didn't care about the quality of the script at all, since anyone with half a brain can see that much of it doesn't read anything like English.

BDH really only gets autistic about translation when it's a game he cares about, honestly. I really doubt it has anything to do with trying to gain influence over Japanese developers, especially in an industry where there's a clear segregation between the Japanese teams and the Western localisation teams. Only in rare cases have I seen localizers work directly with the original writers.

I can see why this would upset him. Reverse the situations here: Pretend you're a Japanese person that loves Western media, and you mastered an entire language just to digest that media. That Western media eventually gets translated into Japanese, and extremely poorly at that. People around you then begin having all these wrong ideas about the original text, stupid memes pop up because of poor lines, and maybe you feel as if the work isn't being given its due. I might be upset myself in that kind of situation, though I admit that I probably wouldn't let it bother me to the extent that it bothers these people.

Most of this is silly to argue about anyway, though. People outside of literature simply do not care that much for translation quality; Persona 5 made a buttload of money, as have many of poorly translated works. There's no real financial incentive for companies to be hardasses about translation until they're given one.