What are 3 the most disappointing games ever to you, Holla Forums?

What are 3 the most disappointing games ever to you, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Spore
Spore
Spore

That's all that comes to mind right now, so the third one is

I feel like I can't be disappointed anymore; I've become too pessimistic.

Crysis 2
Spectral Force 3
Deathspank

Spore.
Watch Dogs.
Dark Souls II. This one actually hurt me on an existential level.

Bioshock Infinite
Mortal Kombat X
Super Smash Bros Brawl

Not sure why I got hyped for Infinite.

Yoshi's Story
Quest 64
Ultima IX
Sonic Adventure 2
Spore

Same, that's why No Man's Sky isn't on the list. I'm only disappointed in Sony for not allowing returns.

tree of savior
marvel vs capcom 3
cube world

Dawn of War 3 made me sad. I wanted a new one so badly after 2 was stuck in limbo due to THQ going under. Would have preferred it remain dead than to see what it eventually became.

Final Fantasy 13 (first pre-order ever, bought the limited edition)
Pokemon X and Y
MGSV ( which ironically is both a great game AND also the most disappointing thing I've ever played)

Dead Island
Bioshock Infinite
Mass Effect 3

😂

Dark Souls 2
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Way of the Samurai 3

-Battlefield 3
-Red Orchestra 2
-Crysis 2

I fucking hate 2011

Dead Island? You were expecting something from Dead Island?
What did you think of Dying Light, then?

Also this
Except I haven't actually bought it and don't plan to

really, nigger? do we have to drag this through the mud again?

Shit like this teaches you important lessons.

Never trust marketing, and most of the time the marketers aren't even affiliated with the devs.

That poor family. ;_;

The first two games were shit but Yakuza 3 just wasn't what I was expecting and is the weakest game in the series but I heard 6 was shit, I rarely get hyped for anything and in order for something to be disappointing it has to be unexpected.

The only game that ever disappointed me was Guild Wars 2. Ignoring hype and advertising and having zero expectations for everything does you good.

Parasite Eve: 3rd Birthday

we exaggerate a lot on here, but i want you to understand that i literally never just throw things away. i was raised too poor for that. i save things i will use again, i give things away instead of throwing them out, etc. 3rd birthday is the first and so far only videogame in my entire life that i have ever just thrown into the garbage and i would do it again. what a piece of fucking shit. i get genuinely angry when i think about it

The first because it's dead and the last two because they wouldn't run.

Literally the only fun I managed to squeeze out of this game was making creatures, and even then I had to design my monsters around the limited bodyparts and animations. Everything else could go suck a cock and die.

Splinter Cell was great. Splinter Cell Chao Garden was 10/10. PS2 version of Double Agent was acceptable (fuck the cruise ship level. HAHA YOU KEPT YOUR ALLEGIANCE METER NEUTRAL LIKE THE DUMBFUCK YOU ARE. HAVE FUN SCRAMBLING FOR A COMPUTER THE MOMENT THE BEACHED TANKER LEVEL STARTS YOU TRIFOCALED FAGGOT) Conviction, Blacklist, and any other dumbshit game I missed can all go to hell. The series officially ended for me when Ironside wisely left once he saw where the series was headed.

I was a massive fucking sucker for the Ratchet and Clank games. I even liked the oddball games like Deadlocked (one giant arena mode) and Into the Nexus (Dead Space for wee babbies. Good but too damn short) The reboot is basically pic related.

Resident Evil 5

I can't for the life of me get into that game. I enjoy my single player games the most so going to controlling two characters with a live item system the size as the original item system caused me to drop my interest from the franchise completely.

I would name another two but I'm having to think hard on that as I've been disappointed a lot.

I was incredibly tempted to drop that shitty game, but no, I saw it all the way through. Then I turned off my PSP, ejected the UMD, grabbed some lighter fluid and made a bonfire out of it on that night.
No game has pissed me off as much as 3rd Birthday and I want to dropkick every single fucker that recommends that hot piece of shit.

i love parasite eve so much i played 3rd birthday all the way through three times, trying to figure out the storyline. to this day i have no fucking idea what the hell happened or why i was supposed to care

This is only feeding my curiosity
Now I feel like playing it just to experience such a ride.

Paper Mario Sticker Star
Metroid Other M
Resident Evil 5

This games are what killed this franchises for me and i would never even touch them again they are just that bad for me.

why are all Western Devs garbage?

Star Fox Zero
Skyward Sword
Fuck it, every game I've purchased for the Wii or Wii U has left me bitter. I wanted to like the Wii U, but everything I touched on it just sucked.

I must agree with you about Ratchet and Clank. I've played the original trilogy so many times, and have had so much fun with them, that when I first heard about the reboot, I was pretty excited. I kept myself in the dark about the game until I finally played it last month, and while I didn't hate it, it just paled in comparison to the now fifteen year old original. The humor fell flat, the cutscenes were pretty boring – enough for me to start skipping them half way through, and the weapons all felt generic. Here's to waiting for a good action platformer.

Dark Souls 2. It just feels like Dark Souls in mud, the areas are all gankfests, where you fight six enemies at once, the bosses somehow have even shittier hitboxes than DaS1, plus a good quarter of the bosses are just gimmicks or easy bosses with a shitload of adds/clones.

Can I put Runsecape past 2007 on here? If so, then Runescape past 2007.

NuDoom. I payed 5$ to an Albanian I know to "legally" obtain it for me and I felt fucking ripped off. I can't quite put my finger on why I feel disgusted by that game, other than the general AAA shit, but I beat it once and can't touch it again.

Honorable mentions: Planetside 2, WH40K: Eternal Crusade, RE6, Telltale's Walking dead seasons 2 and 3, fucking Remember Me, Just Cause 3, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, the number 3 in general, and the mess that War Thunder has become.

Battlefield 3
Skyrim
Yooka-Laylee
I didn't back it or purchase it but I was extremely hyped for it before everything went wrong.

Thief 4
Spore
No Man's Sky didn't buy it or play it, but when I first heard it was in development and then everything happened and I stopped caring about video games

when I first heard it was in development I was hopeful*

kek

Only brain dead retards thought that game was going to be worth anything. I knew immediately that it was going to be shit when it was a game I had never heard of that suddenly "came out of development hell OMG so hype XDDD"

I know how you feel bro Nintendo just lost it's way and refuses to listen to it's fans for improvement and whenever the fans do try to make games in order to fill that empty gap Nintendo just C&D the shit out it and spits the fans in the face.

even splatoon and bayo2?

Can we talk about Old School for a second?
What a load of fucking asshole. I think one of my fondest video game memories will be abusing silk stall stealing to make a bunch of starter scratch money at the same time everyone else on the server was. Something like that doesn't happen unless everyone understands how the game works and everyone's starting out with nothing, it's an experience you'll never see again.
All of that lost, for convenience. All those memories, like tears in the rain.

>>>/a/

Same thing really happened to WoW when they added the Dungeon Finder. There was a sense of unity, because you spent half a fucking hour setting up for the dungeon, finding the god damn healer, then having people go out to the dungeon and summon the others. You'd even have some chatter with the people you were running the dungeon with, people would wait up if you asked them to, etc. You wouldn't let half an hour of prepwork go to waste because you're not getting along. I remember a time we had to pause a dungeon because the tank was a bong mong and his tea kettle fucking exploded.

Now, you just tap a button, get a group, nobody talks to each other, if someone's not running a meta build or whatever, they just get the boot and a new person is found.

He isn't wrong.

I didn't get Bayonetta 2, I wasn't aware of it, and I still haven't gotten it. Hell, I haven't even retrieved my Wii U from my closet for about a year now, which is funny because I still have my older consoles sitting out getting more frequent use. I've never really "banished" a console before, but I was just so thoroughly disgusted.

How?

You have to be a plebbitor to get hyped for no mans sky.

Well if you already have the thing might as well get bayo2 or CFW and try some of the more worthwhile games for it. And the Wii had warioware smoothmoves too.

I didn't know the map would be one fucking city until I played it. Well GTA4 had about as much content as 3, thought they'd do a fucking upgrade after the engine. Max Paynes 3 gore system looked really good and I thought that was pretty much a tech demo but surprise surprise its better than that heap of shit.

Shit taste plebs who fall for marketing ploys instead of finding actual good games go back to >>>/a/

Dark souls 2, dark souls 3 1st dlc. Gothic 3. I pretend that other gothic games dont exist.

Who?

don't, user. please. it's not like it's E.Y.E. levels of weird and vague, the story is clearly telling you a lot of things, the problem is that they're just so fucking stupid that you're lost because nobody could possibly be so stupid as to make a storyline saying what you think it just said so you second-guess your own interpretation of it. it's retarded. as far as i remember, it's about going back in time - or maybe forward? - and making sure certain events play out the way they're supposed to? maybe?

gameplay-wise it had a neat gimmick of mindjacking enemies and possessing them. the holes immediately show up though - why does your health level stay constant even though you're moving from a bullet-riddled marionette to a fresh, strong soldier? why do your weapons carry over? why are all the enemies variations of one retarded design? why are some enemies total bullet sponges and some are delicate little flowers? why? who thought any of this was a good idea? why did they have to drag aya brea into this?

You're only adding fuel to the fire
Especially with the mindjack health/weapon carry over.
I need to see this shit for myself now

Jewday 2 - The first game was really tight, fun coop when played with friends. The second was a shitty merchant platform.

Absolution - Just doesn't play like a Hitman game at all.

THPS HD - Really dumb on my part, but I got super hyped when I saw this available. Didn't do any research and played it. The worst "HD" update of a game possibly ever. Never felt so let down.

just promise me that you will not ever put any money in their pockets for it. and remember that i warned you

>Mario Golf: World Tour

It's breddy gud actuality. As you can see from some of the other replies, pleb were mad and confused that it wasn't just parasite eve 2 electric boogaloo gameplay wise and that the storyline made you think a little more than the average square tripe. Give it a shot. The extra challenges to unlock weapons and such are pretty fun and challenging at times too.

Kek

2/10

not really hyped, just hopeful. Didn't spend a dime and laughed at my one friend who did buy it.

Kojima is a shitty writer without Fukushima keeping him on a leash, and he's a terrible director to boot. The gameplay was ho-hum third person shit that didn't feel like Metal Gear to me anymore. And fuck you Cuckjima for retconing everything with fucking nanomachines. Yes, I still fucking mad about it.

I thought initially people were overreacting to it and because Sonic Generations was so good. Goddamn was I wrong, the controls and momentum made it unplayable.

I liked it initially, then going back to play it, I realized how cancerous the first person cutscenes were and how they just pad out the game so it jerk itself off to tell a shitty rebooted story, the tech demo puzzles kill the pace of the game, and the AI was laughable seeing as Gabe outright lied about how smart it would be.

Normalfags can go back to >>>/reddit/
Also >>>/neogaf/ when you got the time.

Breath of fire 5
Lunar: Dragon Song
Romancing SaGa for the PS2, but only because i paid full price for it. If i paid twenty bux, i'd only be normal disappointed.

Dragon Quarter was good.

I got hopeful at the reveal
Then they showed gameplay snippets and I realized just how barren and shitty it was
I realized the kikes at Sony wanted an Early Access Survival game without the Early Access stigma attached to it and so they found these saps who were probably doing precisely likely by due to common friends on both companies.
There was no gameplay in this game, and that much was obvious.

But what really ticks me off is that to this day both Sonyggers and normalfags still defend that trash.

What's not to like about SR3? Sounds like you don't like fun and instead want to be a hard nigger.

I actually really like MGSV, but the blueball on the ending was completely unacceptable. I backed MN9 because I wanted someone to put the screws to Capcom. Even if I hated the game, I didn't care; I wanted it to be a critical and financial success just to slit one of Capcom's many arteries.

Relatedly, Megaman Legends 3 would be at the top of this list, but it never actually came out, so I don't think it counts.

Yes, I'm the normalfag
Tell me how much of a normalfag I am for playing Wargame and UT4.
You sure are fitting in

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF PS3 REMOTE PLAY IF IT DOESN'T WORK WITH FUCK ALL ANYTHING
I JUST WANT TO PLAY VANQUISH WHILE MY ROOMMATES STEAL THE TV FOR NIGGERBALL

Neverwinter Nights.
Cool module maker and all, but for something that was hyped as a spiritual sequel to Baldur's Gate 2, it certainly did reek of single player MMO.

Half-Life is a hideously overrated series in general and did nothing special ever. It's a boring FPS in a boring world with occasional pseudo-Lovecraftian lilts. It has no style, no soul, and not a whit compelling about its design. The best thing that ever happened to the macro-franchise was Portal, because at least it was creative in gameplay and had character.

It was a complete step down compared to SR2 in every way but the art direction, it also had only a 1/3 of the content SR2 had.
I will never touch another Volition game again after SR3

Yes, you are the normalfag.
Tell me why I should care when you're from reddit
You sure are a redditor, goddamn.

You just embarrassing yourself at this point.

It's funny you say that, because when I played it I thought "man, this has a way better story than Quake."
You could talk to a black science man and everything.

You're as dumb as MN9's -8 defenders. Jesus you fucking nigger, why didn't you get a refund.

what game is this?

Oh wait, my bad. It only had character. The gameplay was bought off some actually talented devs, who'd made Narbacular Drop.

Because I was busy fading in and out of fever dreams and delirium due to a severe upper respiratory infection during that whole mess and only got the play by play after it was all over.

woah dude you're so cool and superior to us common folk

fridge game

PlayStation All-Stars, i wasn't very excited but a Sony mash-up with many of their characters and IPs would have been good, instead we got a smash clone with advertisement characters for upcoming games and a mobile game.
Spore, self-explainatory.
Yooka-Laylee It hit so hard it almost killed my interest in vidya

Up to this day i still think HL2 was the first massively hyped DRMed AAA that spawned "G4M3R" culture before 2007, Half-Life was also hyped garbage but at least it didn't have so much of an impact as 2.

Deadlocked is somehow my favorite R&C. I'm not even sure why.

FF13 is a corridor simulator and your characters are all insufferable retards and Pokemon is the same every gen. I'm guessing that's why you didn't like those.
Why MGSV, though?

Don't forget it was the sales platform on which Steam itself was marketed. Steam didn't sell HL2, HL2 sold Steam. And from there on, Valve had its new business model. It makes sense in retrospect how hideously overhyped it was.

Seems like you played neither when they were released.
Shit, seems like you've never played them at all.

Priceless

Embarassing are the faggot casuals on the board complaining about Weapon/Armor pickups in EDF, the faggot casuals who call Dragons Dogma Japanese Skyrim and prooced to play Zeldo and the absolute niggers who complain about RE4 not being like the other 3 fucking games

Embarassing is having Granblue and Overcuck generals.
Embarassing is disregarding and demonizing a whole fucking region because you're too much of a Nip cocksucking casual to actually search for the good Western games while being ok with Idea Factory and Omega Force.

Addendum: This also explains why they buttfucked Treyarch on Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines so hard. HL2 had to be the ice-breaker. It wasn't a game, it was a monument to themselves.

If you followed development Dead Island is painful as fuck.

Originally

What we got

Then

Not quite, Halo and arguably the Sony with the PS1 was what helped spawn G4YM3R faggot shit. HL2 helped spawn MUH GAAYMES R ART faggot shit with it's unskippabble first person "narrative" that basically serves as means for the game to jerk itself off with its "human" characters. The same can also be said for its gimmicky physics that get boring after the five billionth gimmicky puzzles that are basically tech demos. This was sort of aesthetic would be exacerbated with preciousness like Portal.

Priceless

Also fuck my grammar I'm tired

Embarrassing

You like a game that sold DRM and helped introduce insufferable pretension into the medium, get off your high horse you fucking nigger.

Perfect Dark Zero
Dark Souls II
I hear Other M is pretty terrible.

Seriously how young are people on this site? I have a hard time taking posts like this seriously.

This is becoming increasingly pathetic. I played 1 and 2, and dabbled in Blue Shift at one point. It was all boring and drab. The brown and bloom of its day. Boring enemies, boring weapons, boring gameplay, boring plot, boring vehicle sections, boring everything. The single spark of light in the entire series was G-Man, and everything that made him special was in the actor's delivery, not even the writing. I could not have summoned the wherewithal to even finish them if not for my mouthbreathing friend's insistence that it all pays off at the end. It didn't. And I suspect you'd know that too, if you weren't still waiting for Episode 3 to confirm it. :^)

They aren't even shit. They're just offensively mediocre for the hype they get.

normally i don't agree with the contrarian shit but this is absolutely right. half-life 1 even in its heyday was only really known for it's storyline, and we have HL1 to thank for long, boring, unskippable "in-game" intros where you wander around for like twenty minutes "absorbing the atmosphere"

hl2 at least had a better setting - i like the dystopian shit myself - and source really was revolutionary, but even then this is exactly right

smuganimeface.png

Always been a huge Mafia and Vavra fan. Second game was gutted to shit, tons of stuff was removed - melee weapons, huge plot lines, side quests, racing circuit, car customization, etc. They did bring some of the features back in DLCs but did it kinda halfassedly. It hurts even more that it's not a bad game after all the gutting - story and atmosphere are nice, cars handle and look brilliantly and the ost is fucking fantastic.

Mass Effect was kinda meh to me, but the second game i fucking loved. Was riding the hype train from the second game to the third one like motherfucker. Then when the game came out it was fucking hot garbage. Now don't get me wrong - the gameplay was tight, probably the tighest in the series, but damn… that goddamn kid with his revelations ruined all of the plot for not just this game, but an entire series. It was so bad so it started that whole tinfoil hat indoctrination theory shit. And that stupid Star Forge plot turd came out of fucking nowhere. Thanks, Bioware, you worthless cucks.

Oh man i was hyped for that shit from da start. Looked all the videos, slurped every word Levine told in the dev diary, etc. I was expecting Bioshock 1: Shit's Flying Now Edition - what i got was Boringass FPS #135: Disney Princess Extravaganza. The game was bafflingly worse than the previous iterations of the franchise in ways that just didn't make sense: weapon upgrades were shit, maps were basically corridors without any option of exploration or discovery, the plot was utter nonsense (smart game for smart players my ass, jesus). And the writing… holy shit, Bioshock 1 was a literary masterpiece compared to this shit, "Would you kindly" as an arc phrase works tons better than "Constants and variables", which doesn't even make sense when Elizabeth mentions it. Shit game.

God I was looking forward to Doom so much after finishing Final Doom. Instead they give us a shitty as fuck "survival horror". The only horror was that I wasted my time on a stupid as fuck game, where 'battling' the cyberdemon was basically 1 step away from a cutscene battle.

Jesus Christ….C&C Tiberium series was the awesomest shit I've played. Especially Sun. Oh lord, Sun was the game equivalent of cocaine. Even Wars was acceptable. Then came this fucking turd. I still weep over the shit that is Twilight and pray EA goes bankrupt after they fucked up what should've been a grand finale.

This game shall be considered nothing less than heresy worthy of exterminatus. Stupid shit with almost nothing going for it (the number of redeeming qualities can be counted on the fingers of one hand, and one of those is Tactical Sergeant Tarkus). I wish I could say I'm looking forward to Dawn Of War 3, but given how it has Angelos who ISN'T voiced by Paul Dobson, and jumps while in fucking TERMINATOR ARMOR; well, I'm not expecting anything great there.

What a sad pathetic cunt, no wonder you're tires, you can't even put up with yourself.

Not an argument

Ah yes, because no other games had DRM at the time.
No, it wasn't PC physical dying due to PC focus and Valve and its drones taking advantage of it.

No it was Half Life 2 that popularized Steam DRM even though nobody bought games there and was seen as draconian as GFWL 2 years later
Funny, Souls games do the same and they don't stop being good games or fellated by everyone here.

Keep going cuckhold, you're only embarassing yourself.
Whats next?
Quake and Doom are just boring corridors?

I swear to God, we're being raides by cuckchanners, and with Ausfalian prime time it gets even worse.

Both are guilty, Halo was bought by microsoft and remade to sell the xbox hueg and Half-Life 2 was made to lure people into steam which everyone hated before it had exclusives.

And hype, if you ask normalfags why is Half-Life so beloved they'll say it was the Hype or "you had to be there when it came out man"

Spore
Spore
undertale after the demo we got was amazing

Bioshock was always shit

CAN YOU EVEN READ?
Yes, yes they fucking are

Ragnarok II: gate of the new world
Ragnarok II: legend of the second
Starcraft 2

Keep going. Your oblivious retardation amuses me.

Dark Souls 2 definitely, I loved the shit out of 1 so I avoided all the info I could about 2 and got it release day and the levels and enemies were all just so fucking bland and uninspired and I wanted to drop it every step of the way, but I pushed on and finished it, tried a couple gimmick builds, and haven't gone back to it since then.

Planetside 2 I got really hyped about a year or so before it released, to the point where I even went out and hunted down one of those issues of PC Gamer that came with a beta code. I missed out on the original when it was still big but had seen so many awesome videos of people doing shit in it and I was convinced 2 could be nothing but amazing running with such improved technology, then it came out and was just bland and unengaging.

Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle for the original Gameboy. I got it with money I got for my birthday or something and was expecting it to be like the Speedy Gonzales game I'd tried out on my friend's gameboy on the bus to school which was a pretty standard side scroller and instead it was some weird, awful controlling puzzle platformer that I played maybe an hour or two of, couldn't get the hang of and never touched again. Since back then I had so few games it felt especially shitty and I'll probably never forget that disappointment.

No
How original

Not an argument cocksucker

-but-

You're doing better, fam. Keep fighting, and the cancer may go into remission.

It wasn't a argument. It was a request that you continue amusing me with your aggressive and unknowing ignorance.

Dance, monkey, dance. In easier to digest terms.

I can tell you idiots are 15 years old because you don't realize how fucking cool and new some of the shit was in HL1 and HL2. Of course if you played FPSes even 3 years after those games you'd find nothing special because those games made other developers look into new TECHNOLOGY. In a sense they were tech demos.

Granted, Half-Life 2 wasn't as ground breaking as 1…. but it put some kind of importance into physics which most games barely even had at the time. It's fucking amazing how much you kids take for granted… even little things like physics because they are so prevalent in games these days.

Thats great as hominem, yes, very tasty.

And Valve helped bring Online focus, Microtransactions and DLC into PC Gaming, in addition of overkilling physical format, i don't see why would you put either above other.

Still waiting to actually hear some good reasons here, user. Half-Life just wasn't that impressive, nor was HL2.

I feels like these two fucks lurked around here for two months and now feel the need to fit in by being as contrarian and edgy as they can while delivering as few arguments as they can.

Tuckered out already? Disappointing.

This is a special level of sacred cow-ing a media item.

The Half-Life series is bland. Plenty of people hated it when it was new. I assure you we didn't just step in line eventually; we were just relieved when autists finally shut up about it and let well enough alone.

When did I put one above other?
Where in any post I've made have you seen me do that?
Any more strawmans?

Sure lad, neither were Max Payne 2 ragdoll physics in 2003.
How old are you again?

Shame
Heres your last (You) you little whore

Just because they were showcases for a cool new system like source doesn't strictly translate into HL and HL2 being actually good FPS games. Judging them solely on their gameplay merits leaves them at slightly above average.

Ragdoll is a parlor trick. It means nothing but a momentary 'ooh, ahh', and sometimes a laugh when an explosion catapults someone. Or do cutscenes make a game good too?

I very much doubt you can resist regurgitating your loud stupidity to any who will reply.

How fucking detailed of you
10/10 criticism

Ok. I thought HL1 and HL2 were pretty good when they came out, especially for FPSes.

Tell me what better FPSes there were in 1998 and 2004. I'd like to see some examples. Because we were getting garbage like Daikatana at the time and shitty twitch shooters.

Bioshock Infinite
Bioshock Infinite
Bioshock Infinite

Maybe for underage retards such as yourself who grew up with 7th Gen

No different from a leftycuck at this point

They're shitposting loudly
Don't reply
I just have too much time in my hands

1998: SiN, Blood 2
2004: Tribes: Vengeance, Unreal Tournament

Oh yeah, also a reminder that this cuckhold Kikestarted Inajew

Do you only have one line of dialogue or something? And where did I imply advancement was a bad or even not a good thing? It's just not an automatic indicator of a good game. You have to apply the technology. This was one of my biggest irritations with Half-Life 2. Yes, whoohoo. A physics engine. Now proceed to do nothing interesting with it. Oh boy, you made a lever out of a platform balanced on an overturned barrel. GOTY.

This is the closest thing I've heard to an argument all thread long. Those are some pretty neat enemy behavior patterns for their time, but it's still not enough for the game to have earned the praise it did.

You better be joking nigger

Knew you would reply, you weak willed mong. Keep dancing.

The only joke here is how badly you continue to make a fool of yourself. Those two shitposters are making a monkey out of you and you keep sticking your dick in to get chopped every time they shitpost at you.

You sound incredibly underage
Look it up yourself, holy fuck, we have to many niggers here that need spoonfeeding
Nobody liked Daikatana
Go back to Overcuck faggot.

AVP2, Halo, MoH:AA, Call Of Duty 1 & 2 - they all came out in early 00s.

Don't forget TimeSplitters.

Also
Glass houses, you millennial faggot.
The gravity gun was a glorified use key, and it wasn't remotely groundbreaking. Come back when you've played games like Deus Ex, Max Payne 2, or Psi-Ops.

Please stop spoonfeeding the kid..

Ok user, tell me why Half Life 2 isn't a good game.

Sure thing Timmy

The ironing

So? None of those had the pacing of the gameplay of Half Life 2
Man, it keeps getting better

Fantastic retort user, you really showed him

why do you keep responding?

Yeah, every game had it, and every game used physics just like the ones in Half Life 2.

AVP2 was decent as was AVP1. Halo 1 was good too…. on PC. Half Life1+2 got popular because they were good engines that were easy to mod and mess around with. They were "slower paced" but it felt nice to play.

Call of Duty sold out to consoles with Call of Duty 2. Medal of Honor was trash after 1.

Deus Ex is my favorite game for story only the gunplay was pretty fucking shit. Max Payne 2 kinda sucked anyways compared to 1.

Whether you guys are trolling or not I'll let it go and stop letting this decent thread get derailed.

I was expecting a shit gta after gta 4's whole shitshow, and rockstar's nosedive in quality as soon as the PSTriple came out. They never actually had quality in any way shape of form, but they put out games with good and original gameplay (even though at that point they were recycling the same old by the 300th time). I knew by the trailers the game was going to be shit but I saw people talking about how they learned from people's gta 4 complaints i got hope. But then I pirated the game and saw they took people's complaints at face value while introducing new issues. For instance everyone hated gta 4's garbage and literally boaty car handling, so they took it to the other extreme and made everything as lightweight as a bike. Then they gave aircraft saints row 3 physics, then they purposefully fucked up balance, then they went against every single thing that made gta good (like hunting for guns or actually fearing losing your guns, which doesn't exist at all in 5). Then I saw people eat up those complaints and i noticed they were just normalfags parroting shit they read and i also got disappointed in myself for not being able to notice it.
Every new game they add variety to the gameplay, they introduce something new or make game mechanics deeper. And then comes a game that is literally worse than everything in the series by a large margin in every single aspect and just bad in general. And let's not forget DABBAH DEE DABBA DAA DABBA DEE DABBA DAA I'M BLUEE and all the DLC/microtransaction milking they introduced. At least I got it for free.
This one I bought, in 2006 I wasn't as jaded. I knew EA was shit but NFS didn't have a bad game up until then. Sure they had a trillion technical issues (my main grudge was always catchup AI) And I thought it was an 1 time thing but then they never made a good NFS again, and they never went back to the series' roots (inb4 shift). Just a shitty cash grab. (all of EA NFS'es were cash grabs but at least until then they were good).

Nothing better to do aside from vidya and kinda tired of the same half a dozen autistic minges pushing their shit rethoric and historical revisionism because the big fat Kike touched their wieners when his game was more popular with normalfags than their favorite game.

Well, have fun I guess.

I was talking about physics you stupid nigger, goddamn. Max Payne 2 and Psi ops had truck loads of physics interaction before HL2. You know how cool it was to throw around combine soldiers for the last 5 minutes of hl2? Psi ops let you do that from the start.
Nigger CoD1 was huge immediately when it was on PC

Answer this seriously: how fucking old are you? You seriously sound like you're 18 at the oldest. You were not playing games in 1998 or even 2004 for being this dumb.

Those games i listed had physics wankery before First Person Cinematic Simulator, dumb fuck.

Y-you too

Reminder that you're a normalfag from >>>/reddit/ that got triggered from Japanese games and is a Valvecuck.

Besides Max Payne 2 which still doesn't blend game mechanics with physics you'rr full of shit.

Mindgate came out months before HL2

If it was so popular on PC (which it was I had it) then why did they become console exclusive with 2? Because they are greedy kikes and deserved to die off.

I'm 32 and my first console was an Atari 2600 and my first PC was a 286 and I've played plenty of Apogee games as a kid. I think I've had enough experience with games.

Oh sorry, MP2 didn't have the glorified use key to throw paint buckets around. Therefore HL2 is so innovative and untouchable.

And Max Payne 3 was a whole year before it.
Whats your point?

Don't reply
The Giganigga is only going to insult you to make you look bad while giving out anedoctal evidence.

Are you saying Mindgate didn't blend physics with gameplay mechanics? Because if you are then you are more retarded than I thought.

Everybody says Spore, but seriously, Spore. I was 16 and in high school, and I spent fucking months in the halls talking to friends about how fucking cool it was going to be. All of the stages, and how much customizability it was going to have, and how fucking col it was going to be. I even blocked myself off of media around it until it came out because I wanted my balls to be blown off with surprise at how good it was. I was expecting 3D bio Dwarf Fortress. I got shit.
I can barely even remember any other disappointment because that was so bad. Maybe when I got Superman 64 as a kid with the $20 cash I got every year on my birthday, and it ended up being absolute shit. I got maybe 3 games a year, and that's the game I had to spend 4 months on before I could get another.

CoD2 wasn't console exclusive gramps.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_2

Which you're either lying about or you stopped playing games between ages 13 to 19 otherwise you wouldn't ask dirt stupid fucking questions that I know by memory at 26. The fact that can't google
a list of notable games 1998 to 2004 is pathetic.

Yeah, sure lad, keep dem strawmans coming.

No, I'm saying it wasn't as good

Yes, I and the rest of the anons will continue calling you and your physics tech demo out for being a blight on the medium
Exactly HL2 is that good a game.

That was your first mistake user. Most people have shit taste in vidya.

I was mostly into N64 games at the time.

That's why I always rented video games. There wasn't much in the way of reviews or opinions on the internet at the time and plus being a kid I was too buy most games so I never risked buying the shitty ones.

Fuck, I just remembered a third one.
I was a huge fan of the first NiGHTS–it was one of my favorite games as a kid, and I played it to death and back, improving my scores on all the stages–and I remember being so stoked when I saw the Journey of Dreams announcement. It looked awesome, and the trailer was beautiful. I even had my wallpaper a Journey of Dreams wallpaper for months.
I got the game and it was downright mediocre. Not horrible, and the Nights levels were pretty good, but they were like a third of the game if that. The game was bogged down by shitty boss fights, horrible voice acting, a shit minigame that was supposed to take advantage of that Wii Weather Channel bullshit, and tons of horrible platform stages where you play as the kids with terrible controls and boring vehicle levels.
I'd also avoided any media coverage on this game, so the mediocrity also came as a complete surprise.

Maybe before insulting someone you should try getting some reading comprehension first .
Hi >>>/cuckchan/

Casual as fuck, for sure, but pretty damn comfy.

This was nice, but I'm going to sleep now.
See you tomorrow salty crackers

No excuse that you couldn't answer your own easily answered question with 5 seconds of research. I knew about most of the good FPSes from 1998 and all I had was a Gameboy. You weren't into games or reading magazines or websites at all, you were a casual that probably played Mario Kart 64 to pass the time. Now you come and make yourself look like an idiot.

Was worth it just for the Rogue Squadron II multiplayer. I never even touched the single-player campaign. Such damn good multiplayer.

>cuckchan caliber taste in games while telling others too >>>/cuckchan/

Sad!

Thanks for proving us right goon. Night!

Reading reviews and magazines is much different than actually PLAYING the games.

The honest truth is games like Quake and Blood 2 and all similar games at the time just weren't that fun. There is a reason nobody plays them anymore while people still play with good engines like Source and HL1.

It's a passable, mediocre game. Being an FPS with little to no additional genre inspiration, the primary interaction with the world is spatial positioning and means of shooting. It has occasional detours like driving segments and crawling around traps, but the core of it is move -> assess -> shoot -> move. It has heavily front-loaded its worth in the Assess department, which becomes its downfall in the end. The movement is as bargain bin average as one could hope to describe in an FPS game. WASD to move, mouse to aim, with jump/run/crouch buttons for finesse work. There is absolutely nothing at work here to bring a more interesting experience, unless you count a refluffed stamina meter.

I'm going to skip ahead to Shoot for the moment. Half-Life 2's gunplay is borderline nonexistant, because they took no chances with the weaponry. As a generic FPS silent protagonist, you are an artist, and guns are your instruments. And Valve decided to outfit you with Fischer Price toys. This isn't a critique of their visual design, but that the guns themselves are low effort reproductions of something you've had better elsewhere. If you are making an FPS, you cannot skimp on weapon selection. Pistol-Shotgun-Machinegun-Grenades-Rocket Launcher-Endgame Energy Weapon is not an inventive concept; executed to a bar-setting standard in Doom, it was played out by the time Blake Stone and other similar clones rolled around. Those weapons are your starting point. Your sword and shield. But people have played a million games with swords and shields; they want to see what interesting premises you can come up with for the unrealistic: the spellcasters and stunt fighters. And this is why I say HL2 failed in its most core 'game'. It only stepped a toe out of bounds in terms of what you could play with. The crossbow was cool and the laser guidance on the rockets was fun, but not enough to justify an entire game around. And if you think I'm focusing on this unnecessarily intensely, I will remind you that HL2 is an FPS and nothing but an FPS, even if you highly esteem its pacing and plot. It's still an FPS as far as the gameplay is concerned. If you skimp on this, you have nothing.

I left Assess for last because it's a tricky thing to tackle, as it's both everything and nothing. Everything because HL2 was massively overworked into a cinematic experience for no good reason, and nothing because a lot of what I'm about to say can be taken subjectively. The environments are wholly uninspired. And we know that Valve is capable of characteristic environments, lest we forget the amount of detail in TF2's direction before cosmetic items made a joke of what had been a really competently assembled aesthetic. The good news is, we can take a good look at what an inspired dystopia in the Source engine might look like: Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. The world is built carefully to give you constant hints about just how shitty everything is, which is essential to a good dystopia setting. HL2 is way, way less subtle. The Ominous Jumbotron announcement followed directly by being picked on by SWAT with broken walkie talkies in a middle school prank capacity? That's your introduction? Come on. The player's dread of the world has effectively been killed by being too heavy-handed. The character would feel appropriately intimidated, but the player is rolling their eyes.

Enemies are too few in variety and too sparse in creativity. Soldiers, jumpy bug aliens, three-armed aliens, gunships, Striders, and a few others. And I'll admit, I liked the Striders, even if they weren't too original either. They still felt impactful. But I never ran into anything that made me go "woah" in awe, surprise, or excitement. It's all very basic stuff, up to and including not-zombies and not-werewolves. I felt like I was playing a tabletop game with a DM that filed the names off Monster Manual entries and insisted they were original to his own setting.

Color palette choices were dull as fuck, and not in a way that complemented the dystopia feel. This is a problem in most Source games. Counter-Strike suffers from this as well, while TF2 subverts it with its cartoony flash. Overuse of fog blurred the already lackluster visuals in many places into an indistinct haze. Perhaps that was the point.

The music is nearly nonexistant. Which is fine, I get what they were trying to do. Ambiance and immersion and all that. But if those fall through, the music isn't there to save you anymore, either. In the end, it's all eggs in one basket.

In the end, what I got was a basket of odds and ends that never really meshed with eachother. There was a physics system that you never used for anything cool on top of an FPS game that didn't offer many creative means to shoot in first person. It was supposed to be an artful experience, but the visual design was eye-grating and the plot disinteresting for the most part. The immersion was sabotaged by a world with very little to care about in it.

It just wasn't a very good game.

Thank you for taking care of that for me trips

They were also the only to know what came out you fucktard.

You could not have more shit taste, be so uninformed about PC gaming, and be so flat out retarded if you fucking tried.

You really didn't play games in the late 90s or early 2000s, stop trying to hide it.

Oblivion
Metal Gear Solid V
Spyro 3

I missed the PC gaming boat from '98 to '03.

I don't regret it either because Nintendo was pushing out some good games at the time. All I can say is that I've tried to play PC games that I missed out on and the only ones I liked were system shock 2, Deus Ex and the half life games.

Everything else was shit to me but I'm sure I missed a couple gems.

Wrong. Now go back to plebbit.

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Halo 3
Metroid Prime 3
Metroid Other M
Resident Evil 5

plus red ring, wii casual faggotry, and $500 ps3
And that kiddies is how 7th gen vidya killed a hobby for me and forced me to grow up.
The End

I have way more than 3 games I was really disappointed at but if you ignore games like thi4f, nuHitman and other cashgrabs as well as kikestarter shit then…
Diablo 3
Supreme Commander 2
C&C4 C&C3 wasn't really good either but C&C4 was something retarded of historical proportions

I'd add DoWIII too but it's not released yet even though I can smell the shit from the future.

who's this pregnancy toaster?

Banjo Tooie
The Stakes were razed, The boss battles had more fanfare, the worlds were bigger, the scenarios and puzzles were exactly what I wanted from them.

…But the boss battles were piss easy, half the new moves were just "Slightly different egg ammo" music notes were completely pointless now, Jiggies were downgraded from finding hidden paintings to going to the same painting over and over again.
And I could fill this whole thread with reasons why that quizshow ruined everything about the ending.

Oh, is that a fact?
I guess that's settled.

Spore
MGSV
Dark Souls 2

Honestly the thread was over as soon as this was posted.

Nova Prime from Warframe

Unreal Tournament 3
Guild Wars 2
Diablo 3

It would probably be safer to mention my three most favorite games everything disappoints me these days, but I think my standards are too high anymore or something

Max Payne 3

Silent Hill: Homecoming

Champions Online

SR2 had more fun faggot.

Halo 4.
Civs 6. I think I wanted to like it so much that I ended up hating it.
And I guess Dungeons or Spore.

Metroid Prime didn't exist in your home dimension?

Spore
GW2
Might number 9

Every Western developer is garbage user.
My Nip Overlords and my shit taste tell me so.

I notice the pattern and I want it to end

Seriously overrated game. I gave up after the boat level. It didn't grip me at all.

I wanted a modern stronghold crusader. Ended up getting legends 2.0

Basically what said

Expected tropical islands,science facilities and trigens. Got ten different shades of brown, mud houses and homeless shacks and niggers.

Far Cry 2
Bioshock
Skyrim

I just wanted more Far Cry, more System Shock, more TES. All I got was cancer, instead.

Payday 2 (Before Overkill and Sunbreeze started jewing everybody)
The Wii U (It was a good system mind you, but Nintendo started turning into a different, much worse company at this point. I thought they would keep being the bastion of console gaming. But no, DLCs, microtransactions, censorship, cash-ins, and many other shitty decisions out their ass)
Tribes: Ascend (Another good game ruined by shitty developers. I just wanted to go fast.)

This. This was my first pre-order when I was a wee lad. I had nothing but fond memories especially with the multiplayer. Yeah, the single-player is something to be desired compared to the first two RS games, but to say this is the worst Star Wars game is too much a stretch.

warlords of draenor
legacy of the duelist
age of empires HD expansions
i don't have high expectations, and yet people keep disappointing me

Bu the game's actually pretty good
The controls are quite comfortable, and I had a lot of fun messing with the DNA combinations and mastering each stage.

you were actually looking forward to Deathspank?

My niggers :( I wish we could get a proper sequel.

A more accurate post will be hard to find. Especially Red Orchestra 2 being turned into a grind fest. Tripwire is dumb as fuck.

Not that user but I actually liked Dying Light. And I had fun with Dead Island, but I also knew what I was getting into (I didn't even know people thought it was some sort of survival game or whatever). Not that Dead Island was a good game, but it entertained me.

You'd figure it would at least be as good as the first game, right? Nope: Guild Wars 2 sucked total ass. Still does. I guess that's why GW1 is still going.

I'm pretty sure this killed Metroid for everyone, not just you.

lol I played it on and off since 2001 and it always sucked. It was a time killer, nothing more. I logged on the other day to grab my 15 year cape and fucked off again.
God damn we're in it now. How they took a nice, comfy shooter with a lot of teamwork and tactics and dumbed it down even past the level of Battlefield is beyond me. Way to go for killing another one SOE!
I used to love that game. Now it's in the bin with World of Tanks and Armored Warfare. Fuck me for believing I guess.

Nigga what? Quake's success (and its engine) are huge influences on the games that followed. Even the WASD contol scheme comes from the Quake community. And surely you know that the Source engine is an evolution of the Quake engine, yes? Many mods and even entire games owe their existence to the work of Quake modders back then. Need examples? Here's a hint: it's called "Team Fortress CLASSIC" for a reason.

Seriously how young are you? Quake was *THE* game of its day. Honestly the only thing dwarfing its popularity was Doom, and only because Doom could run on anything by that point while Quake's more demanding graphics demanded some decent hardware.

Mass Effect 3
The first non-Jap vidya to make a decent 3 game length story arc and that was what we end up with
Yooka Laylee
Backed it on a whim, forgot about it for a while and then got my key. I was actually having a bit fun until the quiz bit but that really put me off it
DayZ
First and last time I bought early access

I fell for Holla Forums's hype

Really? What were you looking for?

The combat mechanics were dull and the crafting system felt frustrating. I didn't get very far (I played like 15 minutes after the cyclops). Maybe it gets better further in. I can understand the appeal if you're into waifus but it's not my thing really.

Strider faggot pls

so shitty it convinced me to never buy a game Day 1 ever again

I broke my rule for this and was rewarded with a piece of shit that was literally unplayable because of blizzard's hyper-kikery with always online crap, graphical glitches, and the game being an unfun mess. I have not purchased a game from them since.

The combat works like any other hack n slash game except that you can climb on monsters and throw things. The special moves you can learn are uninspired and barely helpful. I find it's easier just to spam the regular attack while waiting for the mage to buff your weapon.

im not sure i believe anyone would be disappointed in a specific pokemon game for being too similar to the previous games. unless they had the expectation that a particular game would be a big shift in design but that would be an odd thing to expect.

There's a spiritual sequel being made by a group of Tribes fans. Forgot it's name.

Does New Thief count as disappointing when you held low expectations in the first place?

Duke Nukem Forever was hyped forever and ended up being underwhelming shit also, but given Gearbox releasing it, it was only to be expected that it would end up as underwhelming casual shit.

I'll add Dragon Age 2 to the list. I honestly didn't have any expectations for it, but it still ended up disappointing even those low standards.

We've been getting an influx of halfchan retards from the election. They think they're cool just for holding contrarian views, except that's not how Holla Forums runs here.

I got it when I was 13
I thought it would be fun

How young are(U+200B was here) you?
Miss Sierra Games tho, at least they published good stuff

Breath of the Wild|
Diablo 3
Fallout 3

Spore
No More Heroes 2
Diablo 3
Oblivion (fuck you I wanted to post four)