What are some fun games with decently high mechanical skill caps?

What are some fun games with decently high mechanical skill caps?

People told me meme souls was super hardcore but once I discovered that rolling was literally just a "lol im invincible" button on demand the game became a joke.

I just want to play a difficult game thats combat is actually rewarding and fun. Killing big monsters is a plus.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JEkuly62lRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pick related
nvm, it's a micro heavy stealth squad tactics game

I'll just throw out Dust Force because it's deceptively deep in its mechanics once you learn them. And that's not accounting for the shit that would take you months unless you looked at a guide or something. And even then implementing many of them required frame perfect shit. The best part is that the skill cap ends where you do. It's essentially speedrunning the game except the actual game's final levels will keep you at them for months.

Also try more Arcade games OP. Going for a higher score will tell you almost immediately how much depth a game has in it's skill ceiling. So see about getting a NES emulator.

Exanima

DESYNC

might be too hard, but definitely rewarding

This is the correct answer. You want a hard game to get autistically good at? Get good at fucking tetris and go for level 1000.

If you're pursuing high scores or just overall stylishness, especially on higher levels of difficulty, spectacle fighters/ character action games like God Hand, Bayonetta, DMC3&4, Metal Gear Rising, etc have a lot you can do with them.

Dodging will still be free get out of jail though, but games like Bayonetta make it so that you're rewarded for just barely dodging an enemy's attack within their attack range.

So did you actually beat it?

youtu.be/JEkuly62lRE

Unless you're a pussy

Drive against the world record ghost for every track and pretend you have to avoid him while beating his score

Confirmed for art project. Film Victoria only ever give out grants to people who want to make arty games, and Adult Swim just publish them with little support.

Monster Hunter is good, but it gets to a point where you feel like you're great at a weapon, then you watch someone else do it and realise you're shit, even after playing for however many literal days.
I think I've put maybe 800 hours into Great Sword and I'm still above-average at it, and cannot for the life of me play another weapon.

If you want some autistic skill caps, just pick a game people consider hard (even Dark Souls), then impose a stupid challenge on yourself.

Yes

Broforce?
Or any game where a single mistake easily kills you (like Mario..expect you can tank 3 hits in Mario)

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
NOT Xrd

qwop

Most of Holla Forums wont touch it because of it's Ubisoft bullshit but the game has really good mechanics and a high skill ceiling.

Would you?

i just started playing caves of qud and its pretty `hardcore`. i like it so far even though i have no idea what im doing

You're fucking right I'm not touching that shit.

Actually fucking kill yourself

And some really terrible netcode, you forgot to mention that Mr.Shill Bill.

i already do truck loading as a job, tetris has trained me for this

you might need a slightly different mechanical skill for this webm related :^)