Federal Trade Commission warns about Nintendo Switch emulators

consumer.ftc.gov/blog/theres-no-nintendo-switch-emulator

Other urls found in this thread:

gdcvault.com/play/1023470/-It-s-Just-Emulation
zophar.net/news-archive/gba-emulation-1192.html
youtube.com/watch?v=DbBUu7Cpu6I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The best part about this post is that they’ll take it down when an emulator starts existing, so that will just notify people to go look for one.
So why is this shit not illegal, then? It’s legitimately ALWAYS a scam, and scams are illegal, so why are websites that do this not taken down?

Curiosity.

Anyone dumb enough to download an emulator for something that just launched deserves all the viruses.

Tip top kek, no wonder emucucks are retarded

This is what happens when you open technology up to the masses.

Just the other day I was reading a news story about how some nigger out in africa was freaking out because her smartphone told her she had HIV - it was one of those shitty prank apps.

Letting retards near computers was one of the biggest mistakes we as a society ever made.

Who the fuck would think that a switch emulator is alread-

Oh, yeah.
Fuck FTC.

This, not really a problem that needs solving.

It only took them 25 years. That's pretty fast for them.

Solicitation isn't illegal in public places, and the internet is considered a public place but not for long

So basically it's the same scam as "wii emulators" when that thing was sold out literally fucking everywhere?

Should be changed to: Do literally anything else, this console is shit and if you're old enough to understand this sentence you're above the age range for this shit.

If you bought one of these overpriced underdesigned pieces of shit you're hte victim of a far harsher scam.

seriously, how is an emulator a bigger scam than a 300 dollar paper weight?

It isn't. However, when everything was all said and done with Sony suing Apple and Bleem for their PS1 emulators, (And the unbelievable cost of the entire case, which is why Bleem ended) no one figured that it was really worth the trouble despite how Apple won the case. Actually, a GDC 2015 conference went over that too, that there is nothing illegal about ROMs and emulation.

gdcvault.com/play/1023470/-It-s-Just-Emulation

Look user's a nigger

Because I dislike nintendos new underpowered manchild distractor, or because I'm old enough to remember Bleem?

Didn't that work really well though?
and by really I mean it ran gaems at 60 fps or some shit

But I thought it was the manchildren that focus solely on graffix and console power regardless of the console having any games that make use of or warrant them.

Always changes definition, along with autism and weeb.

No, it's manchildren that live their lives locked in arrested development at the age of 10 or so. Forever replaying the same games over and over again from their childhood. Gravitating towards the same pastel coloured characters and soft handholdy mechanics.

Also, are you impling the switch has games?

Ebin

Whatever happened to "don't run shit you don't know or can't confirm as legit"?
Did Common Sense inc halt development?

Too many retards using computers now.

Day of the rope cant come fast enough

Too many brown people, you mean.

Even white kids downloading/spending on shit because their parents let them do whatever with no supervision. Remember that kid that spent hundreds of dollars on that fucking kim kardashian game? Brown people are stupid, white parents are lazy. Both are terrible.

The GBA had emulators before it launched: zophar.net/news-archive/gba-emulation-1192.html

Fucking how?

Are people seriously retarded enough to fall for fake emulators for a console that just fucking came out?
Really?

user, the jews currently control the entirety of western civilization and are committing genocide on the only people who have ever invented anything since the dawn of man. YES, as a whole, people ARE that stupid. They’re letting this happen.

Common, off the shelf parts.
The less custom hardware something has, the easier it is to emulate it.

Should I buy a 3DS?

Either you're you post salt for underagefags that fell for it or you have a shit thread.

For Shin Megami Tensei, absolutely.

For Majora's Mask, yes.

For Pokemon, yeah.

For anything else, meh.

Yes, get that sweet monhun action.

VLR is on PC now, nigga.

These warnings are hilarious.

Hi, I'm an oldfag. Back in the days of the NES, Nintendo released a similar warning about those Chinese bootleg multicarts. Saying they'll fuck up your NES. This sounds like token scare tactics.

The irony is I learned about those multicarts through the warnings. My father had a trip to singapore and brought one back. Was the most fun I had at that age. Can you imagine your dad coming home with like 31 games? Holy fuck. It was a child's dream.

youtube.com/watch?v=DbBUu7Cpu6I

Difference between now and then is that shady shit you buy legitimately could fuck your computer up instead of just being a bootleg multicart that Nintendo doesn't want you to know about because it was sold unlicensed.

tan comics are cancer that redditfags invented, especially this one because it supports the jewery that is closed source emulation and PAYING FOR EMULATORS

Or, you know, there isn't a Switch emulator and every Russian scammer with some knowledge of phishing scams is taking advantage of retards who think there is a Switch emulator less than a year after release. This isn't even a new phenomena, it happened with the PS3 and 360, it happened with the 3DS. You can fucking google "Ps4 emulator for pc free download no survey" and get the same shit.

Lighten up

There needs to be one of Link fucking the 130 year old loli while she acts like an Ara. Fu-fu and all that

He's blaming console-tan comics on Redditors, little chance of that.

Are people really stupid enough to fall for that?

Emulators are basically black magic to people who don't know or care about how programs work.

Haven't you ever noticed those 12mb films on torrent sites or back when it was the thing kazaa/emule?

People fell for Xbox Live and "Good DLC by Nintendo".
They'll fall for anything except reality.

confirmed for being new

Non-whites are. So the answer is no.

Tan comics are the best and you are a piece of trash.

I barely know how programs work, and even I know that the most optimistic estimate of when to expect a fully functioning emulator would be like four years from now.

Ironically a Switch emulator will probably be the only reliable way to play Switch games

Even people who know how programs work aren't completely sure what is going on.
Incidentally, have we got an original xbox emulator yet?

I mean, the switch was hacked four days in.

Hack was always the easiest part. the hard one is to reverse engineering.

What a waste of tax payers money, if your stupid enough to fall for that you deserve all the trojans you download.

You maximum fucking pleb. EO is better than that trash by a long shot.

There are people who still use bleem.
These are the same people who will fall for scams.

EO and MH are the best games on the 3DS tbh.

FTC are fairly legit as far as US govt entities go so I'd listen to em..

It wasn't hacked there was an exploit found. Exploits =/= hacks. You use exploits to start hacking the system.

This information will be priceless for my tech-illiterate grandma, thanks.

In the US justice system it doesn't really matter. It always ends up with who has the more resources to pay for lawyers.

So an exploit is the start of a hack? Sounds like a hack to me.

Now take how dumb you are and imagine that you are the average person. 50% of the population is quantifiably dumber than you are.

Keep in mind that there is a significant segment of young people now who think PCs are too hard and just use their phone to get online.

first Nintendo puts up obvious shit about emulation on their own website, then they pay Gaming Wildlife to make up lies about piracy, now they've bribed the government to spread lies. That was probably easy, Trump is a greedy Jew that wants money so he was easy to buy off.

it's a country that gives a billion dollars to Michael Bay per film and voted for Trump. What do you think?

how?
i bett u jack off to non-furry dogs?

There is so much wrong with your statement.

It's like just your cock against the clit, similar to the 3DS. There are different levels of hacking. The 3DS and Wii are no longer virgins, but the Wii U still hasn't broken in.

We've got no where to go

cemu emulates the wii u, retard

If the switch went with free online it could've won the support of Holla Forums but alas.

Ha! I had one of those.

Nah, people here would have hated it even if it had free online.

Maybe if it also had more than two games at launch one of which is available for the WiiU and can be emulated and didn't have hardware malfunctions out of the ass.

I bet you were hoping nobody would call your buff.

Maybe try growing a backbone.

I'm tethering my phone to get online. 4G is awesome.

Free online
Game prices equal to competition
No censorship
Dual audio

I'll continue to hate Nintendo, it's a relief really. No matter how much the world changes you can always count on Nintendo being shit.

I'm glad I didn't listen to Holla Forums trying to scam me to download a fake emulator and bought a Switch instead

I'm glad I listened to Holla Forums and realised Vidya is shit and I just stopped

Vidya is good but only things before 2005

I'm glad I listened to Holla Forums and realized that living is shit and I just stopped

CemU emulates Breath of the Wild to such degree it can pass as a Switch emulator.

The 3 bleem emulators that were released ran the games at a higher resolution than native hardware with improved textures/frame rates. They originally wanted to release discs that would run 20+ games but they ran into compatibility problems so they just spent their time optimizing the hell out of the few that were released.

If your choice between playing those games is between playing them on PS1 or PS2 hardware versus on the Dreamcast the DC wins every time. Bleem emulation was far better than even what the PS2 could do. The only down side to those bleem games is you have to dedicated an entire VMU to them for saving games since it emulates the PS1 memory cards and uses up the entire VMU to do so.

All three bleem discs finally got cracked/released a couple of years ago. If you haven't tried it out and have a DC burn you some copies of those and the original PS1 games and give it a try user.

sony pls

Haven't emulators been around forever?
Why is FTC doing this now all of a sudden?
Is it because Nintendo called in some favor or because Nintendo uses shit outdated technology that is easy as fuck to crack?

You make a point in the sense that the most important game for the Switch is still Zelda, which can also be played on the WiiU and the WiiU's emulator: Cemu.

They are getting more popular recently because retards are learning to google.
Because Nintendo hardware isn't that powerful, they are common targets for emulation.
Also, since when Holla Forums cares so much about blogs?

6/10.
Would be 9/10 if fixed, because I just don't like animu emotions on PC-tan, but can't say they're out of place.

look at this pleb and laugh!

I'm pretty sure Kega Fusion and ePSXe are both proprietary and they do just fine.

I don't know about the US release but the EU version of the 3DS port still has that bug in the pressure room that crashes the game.

Aren't the 9,999,999 "games" just 30 games with palette swaps or game genie codes added?

That's not a legitimate criticism, and you're trying too hard to fit in

The GBA was a miniature SNES essentially anyway

well, thats nice of them i suppose.

yes

Holla Forums was fine with the WiiU. Nintendo has only itself to blame. I'm talking about the censorship issues, primarily. Nintendo no longer has any good will left on 8/v/.

Yeah and that's GPL or something.

Nintendo has a terrible problem in the shitty edits done by Treehouse. They are not a problem Switch can solve.

Nintendo hasn't helped with it much recently, Especially with treehouse. but I recall there being a very sudden change of opinion on both the Wii U and Nintendo. Due to a influx of bottom feeders coming in during one of the later exodus'