Fighting games

Why the hell do fighting games do it this way? Why not take the time to add a proper singleplayer game? It can't be that hard.

How has this not been done yet?

You just mash buttons untill you git gud and start doing combos. There's no need for tutorial.

Xrd is trash and you're trash for even playing it after seeing all the waifutrash.

A bunch of fightans did those, it just doesn't sell. You're better off getting a proper beat-em up or action game.

That's a terrible idea. Soul calibur does that and it's super fucking infuriating.

So yeah what you're proposing has been tried and it didn't fly. That's why they don't do this anymore.

You are my nigger. Fuck Xturd, Rip GG.

Nigger are you kidding? Can you not read a sentence or two one sequence at a time?

I recall tekken comes to mind as a fighting game that has had more to it than just the the mutliplayer pvp. Tekken 6 i think has a big weird wonky singleplayer system. tekken 3 for example had backstreet mode as well.

Did we play the same game?

Oh hi, +r poser, how does the day find you?

You can usually do arcade mode as a tutorial. I know that's what I did the first time I got my hands on guilty gear. Enemies get progressively harder anyway.

It's been done OP.

Tekken did that shit and so did SoulCalibur (up to three if I recall correctly). SCIII had chronicles of the sword, which added a -very shallow- strategy interface that could be used to wear down or even eliminate enemies on the map to avoid fighting or stopping an enemy unit from moving toward your base (the base could be used to heal your units too). Mind you, the execution wasn't the best, but the idea was very neat.

Do you have trouble reading simple sentences, OP?

Sage.

Something like the PS2 mortal kombat games did?
It's nice but it's an inferior experience to playing games that focus on brawling. Why waste money on developing an inferior copy of proper brawler games instead of focusing on the main game?

It has been done. Check one of the PS2 Mortal Kombat games, I think it was Armageddon

I remember tekken games doing this and it's actually good

No way. Really? who would've thought.

Most fighting games have arcade modes, as well as a small story mode, time attack for arcade mode, "endless" mode, and so on.

Guilty Gear Xrd and KoF XIV's tutorials are fine. Personally I prefer BlazBlue's tutorials but I might be weird. Speaking of BlazBlue, it has tons of content outside of the training and multiplayer. Either way, pic related.

As someone who has only played Melty Blood - How is King of Fighters? I have a friend who really wants me to get it, but I'm very lazy and don't like fucking with lots of extra programs shit on my computer.

He says that it's one of the most complicated games and has lots of lengthy combo strings and shit, and that you don't have a shield and shit like that. Is there anything really noteworthy?

It has heavy input buffering as a core mechanic, and yeah it's pretty damn complex.

Look, xturd is just that and generally a downgrade, but you're full of shit if you don't think that it has a fantastic tutorial.

You're wrong, amigo. No games have done them WELL.

They tried that.
It's called Guilty Gear Isuka and it wasn't as good as AC+R
Also, how is arcade/time attack/story mode in games what have it not meaningful singleplayer content?

But he's right; there's no appeal to playing fighting games by yourself.

I play a lot of KoF 98 and I want to get into Melty Blood but I don't know shit about anything. How do I get good? I liked UNIEL, but I can't get into Melty.

I think Bloody Roar did this, except the side scrolling combat with mobs, that just sounds like River City Ransom.
I did like the story telling in the latest MK games even if the combat was shit

Not just mucking about and finding moves…

You don't need to be a fan of actual guilty gears to find Xrd disjointed and putting effort into all the wrong places.

You prefer Virtual Fighters tutorial system?

For what purpose? Are you so insecure and afraid of losing to play online?

Why would you want to play against shitty ai? Destroying other players is where the fun lies. Reading their moves, countering them. Playing against ai is no fun at all, they cheat, they are predictable and even if you beat them it's worth nothing.

Everyone on Holla Forums that sucks +r's dick and acts like the flaws Xrd has are worth dropping it over has been exposed as an ignorant scrub that wouldn't play the game either way. You're probably no different.

Name a single objective gameplay flaw that Xrd has compared to the previous games in the series. The OST not being to your tastes, the roster not being to your tastes, and the visual design not being to your tastes don't count.

I like Xrd quite a lot but I'll get this out of the way:
Danger Time is shit.

It happens a minority of a minority of the time, it only lasts 10 seconds, and it gives both players ample time to react to it. The idea might be bad (and even then that's debatable), but the execution makes it fine. Even the people I've seen who hate danger time can't really bring themselves to be too vitriolic about it.

Furthemore, it only directly affects combos since all of your defensive options are intact - the only thing danger time does is make you take large combos off of a stray hit where you otherwise wouldn't. Enough to steal a round and rub some people the wrong way, but hardly enough to dismiss the game as trash.

Why even bother arguing against people who think xrd is better than +r? They could at least say reasons why xrd is better, but they never do.

Because if you give reasons and arguments people can attack those. But if you say X is better than Y and ask the other person to prove him wrong you are on the high ground.

People do this all the time on Holla Forums, that's why you ignore certain people.

No he fucking did not you illiterate mong.
This is the only thing which even resembles a non-subjective reason. Which places? What makes it disjointed?

I never said Xrd is better, you fucking retard. I'm asking why it's somehow some unholy abomination compared to previous entries. None of you ever gave a reason outside of "hurr danger time" or "hurr yrc" or "hurr X character isn't in". None of which are game changing enough to warrant dropping an entire game over.

I meant in general. Having seen this argument multiple times in threads that's usually what happens. If you say the artwork and music aren't as good as +r, the person defending xrd says "taste is subjective." If you say how certain characters are missing, the person defending xrd says "you are just annoyed your main isn't in the game." If you point out the gameplay differences, they suddenly go quiet, as they realize the argument can't be won through bullshitting.

Why should I buy a game that isn't as good as the older one and makes me have to buy a new version for every update when I could just play the completed game? +r is finished, which means I don't need to buy ggxxac+r^2 anytime soon.

HOW TO GET STARTED WITH FIGHTING GAMES

I would love for you to point out a single gameplay difference which provably makes the game worse. I've asked people like you to do that on numerous occasions and I receive nothing but radio silence.

That help?

every cod's been made for the MP and they still manage to scrap together a decent SP campaign every half a year when they decide to release a new one. fighting games are just lazy.

Fighting games are essentially rhythm games.
If you have a good sense of rhythm you'll be good at fighting games.

There are a shitload of people who only buy cod for the singlerplayer, I doubt you can say the same about fighting games.

Tekken is literally the best selling fighting game series

There are people who buy CoD for the single player specifically because they want to experience the high-budget hollywood sort of experience that CoD provides.

Nobody buys Street Fighter because they're interested in the story. Except me.

I'll give you this one, although it doesn't bother me.
This is the fairest a random mechanic has ever been. Just don't get hit.
I can't see any difference. Are you sure it isn't just the change from 4:3 to 16:9?

Virtua Fighter's Quest Mode is objectively the best single player mode since all the CPUs' AI are based off data collected from arcade releases.

You have either never played a fighting game before or you have never played a rhythm game.

you can't because they don't make it. you're not gonna buy a wheel-less car for driving. the last fighting game i remember that had a half decent (but still lacking) sp campaign was mortal kombat and a bunch of people actually did buy it just for that same as they do for cod. my point still stands. nobody buys street fighter for the sp because it's just bot matches + cinematics. it's a lazy, half assed sp "experience" if you can even call it that.

Do you mean MKX? Because I played MK9 back then and the campaign was lame, story was gay, and it was also basically just random bot matches. Sure, you sometimes fought against 3 people in a row and shit like that, but you have to be extremely BORED to play those. Why not just play online instead?

Virtua Fighter 6 on PC confirmed?

Soul Calibur 3 had that fun story mode where you played as a custom character (Chronicles of the Sword was its name iirc).

Yeah, 9. I know, it wasn't great but it's the best example I can think of. That's my point, fightans have extremely poor sp, if they even have it.

We will probably get VF5:FS ported first hopefully with quest mode added back in and VF6 gets announced in 2018 for the 25th anniversary of the series.

Is this the designated fighting game thread?
If so should I get Xrd revelator?

no is, and a fresh thread should pop up later today since it's nearing page 13

Either wait for it to go on sale again or wait for rev 2.
You'll be able to upgrade from rev 1 to rev 2 like how SSF4:AE was able to upgrade to USF4

What a fucking retarded argument that is. Yeah, just limit yourself to the single best game of any franchise and discard the rest even if they're still good games because they're not the absolute high point. I'm not gonna say Xrd is better, but for every gripe I have about it, I realize there was something equally retarded in +R so it evens out, and I'm quite happy where the franchise is currently. Enjoy your dead game I guess.

If you're ok with the fact it's a niche game within an already niche genre, sure. Active community, but you'll have to seek it out.

Sure, I'll enjoy it. I got people I play with, so it's not dead for me. Why are you upset that some people just don't like the game?

Oh don't you fucking turn this around on me. You were the one who started this reply chain by feeding a shitposter, claiming he made arguments where he had none, and pulling shit that was never said out of your ass.

Fighting games are all about mindgames. How can you truly learn to win when your opponent has no mind?

Maybe you should try a different genre? There's plenty of shove-up-your-own-ass games you might enjoy.

Didn't realize it made you that upset. I'll try to be more considerate of your feelings user.

Thanks, faggot

I don't hate it, but +R: is cheaper; doesn't have updates that you have to pay full game price for; doesn't have dlc; is a better game in general other than having a better cost/value ratio.

Just wanna say as a SF fan wth 3rd Strike and Alpha 3 as favorites, this discussion is hilarious to me.

I know the FGC hates to hear the truth but that's how it is. Fighting games are rhythm games.

So you've never played either genres. You should check them out sometime, both genres have a lot to offer.

As the person who was the first to say Xrd is shit I just want to say you have great taste. Well mostly because of third strike since I only every played Alpha 2 and never got to try Alpha 3.

Don't even bother OP, fighting games will ensnare you with dreaming of playing the way you want and offer you lots of option and you will dream of success if you put enough effort on it, but the truth is that if you want to be good, you need to do this in full mode autism, now about "playing how you want", no, once you step into the meta and go against nothing but high level players you will realize that your character pick was shit and you either pick top tier or keep losing. Avoid this shit tier genre for niggers that only care about how long their E-dick measures

why do you want to play fighters retard?

you're not the market for this genre, fuck off.

This essentially. The amount of time the high level players put into fighting games (learning every hitbox, frametrap, matchup, combos, etc.) would be better spent learning how to actually fight in real life. Be more rewarding honestly.

Fuck you, you just reminded me.

Mortal Kombat Deception
sweet jesus, I miss video games.

Thinking that a game with fireballs/ground bounce/superjumps = irl fighting