What should i play first?

What should i play first?
or
?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/386340/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

axiom verge is mediocre, am2r is better

Axiom Verge is a better Metroid game than any other Metroid game, play AM2R first so you'll see just how much better Axiom Verge is.

Try this instead.

Play MegaSphere instead.
store.steampowered.com/app/386340/

Fuck off shill.

welp, i guess you're right, i should kms

AM2R is genuinely good. Axiom Verge is too far up its own ass.

I had higher expectations for axiom verge than i should have, but it was alright, nothing mind blowing

trips o' truth, laddie

AM2R all day every day.

Should you play a tryhard copy paste or something that improves on the original more than Nintendo could ever do?

Into the trash it goes

AM2R

AM2R is way better

/thread tbh

Definitely AM2R.

How's Icey?

I pirated it, most weapons in AxVe feel worthless, you never reach that point from all other exploration games where you backtrack and feel invincible, small enemies are still a hassle to deal with, some upgrades are very redundant (like the grappliing hook), the glitch gun was promising, and it remained a promise which never delivered.

Axiom Verge was a shitty game. Extremely linear, backtracking was an annoying hassle, bosses were sponges with fuckhuge healthbars, and the weapon variety sucked shit and was, in practice, very limited.

Not only that, but personally I felt it was one of the ugliest fucking games I had ever played, aesthetically. Like Christ almighty, it evoked feelings of faint revulsion in me. The actual sprite work and whatever was competent enough, but whoever decided the games art direction should be killed.

It was made by one person alone, so the one who decided the art direction was the same person coding, composing, etc.

Looking through the Axiom Verge creator's twitter, he's a SJW/bought the Kool aid narrative

Really? never thought an SJW would have the willpower to make a full game.

Uh, either?

what?

AMR2

Rabi Ribi

Sold

Pretty easy when half the graphic assets are pulled from other games, which every indie dev gets a free pass to do for whatever reason.

As seen everyone is saying that metroid is better i will plat AV first. weapons are fun, boss are spongy but it doesn't feel all that bad.

Well when you get to the worse game AM2R you'll have a harder time finishing it, but feel free.

AM2R or Hollow Knight.

Tbh after having played HK I'd prefer it, it feels more unique than a literal Metroid clone, though AM2R is very good.

or

Gee, I don't know user. This one sure is a toughie.

Both are excellent.
Beat AM2R first because it is faster and less metroidvania
Then tackle hollowknight and enjoy 35 hours of metroidvania goodness
Do not spoil yourself on Hollow Knight. Don't watch any videos. Discover everything by yourself

This. One of Hollow Knight's qualities is that progressing through and even 100%ing the game feels natural as long as you explore. No content you'll get locked out by missing something at first, and you will be able to find everything on your own as long as you pay close attention.

Hollow Knight