Who's the Poochie of video games?

Who's the Poochie of video games?
Sonic?

Nah, Poochie is someone you bring over once you start losing market, so in the Sonic case it would be Shadow.

Sonic is still around, isn't he?

Gex?

Croc

spyro

Croc was good though

Lightning

It's not even a competition.

I may have misunderstood this thread

"The Lightning of [franchise]" and "The Poochie of [franchise" are one and the same.
It's downright poetic.

Poochie was introduced as a jab at corporate meddling to include new characters for targeted demographics

So… any SJWcore game

More like…

Except that Metal Gear Rising is fucking fantastic.

Poochie would be a good spinoff as well with references to the mainline show.
But just that, a spinoff

Diddy was a starter, and was pretty cool without trying. Dixie ruined DKC2

you know well who

This personality-less faggot who everyone (even characters outside of P4) keeps dick-riding.

But with Diddy Rare was bringing DK to the nineties, and you can't argue Diddy was meant to be hip and current, more agile, etc.

Do any of you motherfuckers know what a Poochie is? Y'all need some Simpsons.

Well, he pretty much does.

Don't you remember what happens to Poochie?

Poochie would count as any character introduced into an established and long running series. Brought into the fold in a hamfisted way and the writers act as if he/she is the coolest person ever without having done anything cool, or everyone reacts to what they do as cool.

He "died" on the way to his home planet.

Spot on.

I like this guys definition

So again, Shadow.

Dante was from his own series and he was already established as cool.

I know, but it's funny how it almost fit the description

That's just a shitty cross-over. Dante isn't a new character. I suppose I should add that it's the audience's rejection of Poochie as being a cool and fun character that matters the most. In spite of the authors trying so desperately (or so oblivious to how bad they are failing) to make them so 'epic'.

So Lighting, Marie, Shadow…

Lighting is something different. Studio heads that lead big projects started to put their waifu in games. Lighting was one of the first. Marie is just another random waifu, I don't know why people make a big deal about her because LL and [email protected]/* */ both have a girl like her. Shadow ofc is still my answer.

On a macro scale of Final Fantasy as a whole she could count, but technically not since she's the protagonist of her own game(s).

so basically it's… fuck you

so he is basicly post-Frieza saga Vegeta in DBZ and Goku + Vegeta in DBShit

But the previous DMC game (DMC4) was the best selling game in the series. Capcom for some reason assumed the game would sell way more than it has any right so they deemed it a failure. Capcom is fucking retarded they had a series that they managed to turn around after a complete and utter failure of a sequel that was universally hated. DMC was growing and probably would have become like a ~10 million copy selling series. Instead though they abandoned all the work they did and then told all the fans that they were assholes for liking the games they made. DmC is probably the thing that cost Capcom the most money in the last decade.

Well, most games have lighting.

Lightning had at least one game before they started deifying her right? I mean I don't remember her being such a big deal in FF13 she was just one part of the ensemble cast. It wasn't until 13-2 that they started making her the savior of the universe.

But Raiden wasn't meant to be cool

Vegeta was a punk bitchass post Freeza.

Imo the most stupid part is how Toriyama redeemed Vegeta from a scummy killer into some lovable guy everyone wants around + making him marry Bulma which is a big slap for old DB fans

I thought the story was Vegeta only survived at all because he proved to be baffingly popular with the fans.

Can't be a Poochie if it actually works.

Bubsy.

nobody liked him in original dub, only in later years he gained a following because his voice fitted (throat cancer) the scummy behaviour

Why the fuck Yoshi had his own yoshi? No wonder why Mario replaced him with a cat.

Except the manga was far beyond that point when the dub first happened. Vegeta was popular in the comic, so Toriyama kept him around. Not a Poochie.

Holy fuck you're retarded.

The manga was already finished in 1995. Funimations original Ocean Group dub didn't broadcast in syndication in 1996, and it wasn't on Toonami until 1998.

Milla
The one in Xillia 2 was actually better until right before she died, which I'm assuming was them realizing they'd made her a more preferable character and needed to make her an asshole quick so "teh real Milla" could return
It didn't work

Kirby and Rosalina