Am I getting worse at video games or does this become unforgivably difficult halfway through?

Am I getting worse at video games or does this become unforgivably difficult halfway through?
Also this is a really good game, why does nobody mention it when talking about the 3DS' library?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/WinkySteve
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was probably only a major turnoff for me but I hated how you were no longer allowed to run and had to roll everywhere.

i didn't like the controls much on the 3ds, emulating it plays pretty comfy

It is damn good. People probably don't really mention it because it's a port, but the controls were way better than the Wii original.
I found it pretty difficult, but none of it was incredibly punishing, except the last boss, which I died at least a dozen times before I beat.

I burned 30+ lives on the flying barrel level with the bats

I remember that one. Is that the one with the big wheel?

I think you're thinking of the Factory one, which took me almost as many lives

Even the first barrel segment escaping from the giant Bat took me way too many lives, still great game, the only reason haven't p*irated*layed it on 3ds is because I played on Wii already, and I would need some kinda grip for my O3ds to not die of hand cramps while I play.

You mean unforgivingly not unforgivably.

autocorrect
sry

The game was pretty challenging, I was surprised. Something about the control scheme irked the fuck out of me though, can't remember exactly what it was.

I beat it back on the Wii so it can't be that hard.

twitter.com/WinkySteve
We need this guy back in Donkey Kong. I couldn't give less of a shit about the old rare cast, just this man to design new enemies and such.

I could go for a Donkey Kong Country game that is all minecart levels. I beat the shit out of those ones like an abusive husband against his wife.

nah, tropical freeze was better than everything rare ever made.

Probably the fact that you had a two separate buttons for roll and grab and they weren't context sensitive. That really bugged me. Just have the one fucking button and, if there's nothing in front of me to grab, let me roll. Don't make things difficult by adding extra buttons.

they cleaned it up in tropical freeze, don't remember exactly how, but it was simpler/better. TF is easily one of the best side scrollers ever made if you've yet to play it. It's one of the 4 truly great wii u games.

Not Perfect Dark

Yeah it does get tough. I made it through to the final boss and was so pissed off by how shitty it was I just used the Super Kong thing and "beat" the game and moved right on to Tropical Freeze. Amazingly, it still counts as me beating it…
But seriously, the final boss in this one is frustrating and poorly-designed, probably the worst in the whole DKC series (and that's saying a lot). Also, the rocket barrel level you have to do before the actual fight begins just throws shit at you that you can't avoid without memorizing where it's going to come from.

It's pretty challenging, and it's not mentioned because it's a port of a wii game.

Isn't this 30FPS versus the 60FPS of the Wii version?

Did you not fucking read, you blind son of a bitch? I only said the character designer.

I would just like to have the partner swap mechanic come back instead of them just being power ups.

you can run what are you talking about?

Thanks for the confidence boost I thought I was bad at games but you made me feel real good about myself

Yes. The only advantages I know of is the fact that it is portable, and apparently the 3d event is actually pretty good…. And I think it has a secret level?

Effect, not event

I can usually put up with technical issues in games, don't care much for a frame drop to 20 fps at times, will cope, but if the entire game is 20fps max and 15 and lower more often, I'm really not going to give it any praise.

considering how the levels are designed, the games are better off as they are. In order to accommodate different character qualities, levels would need to be re-designed for each character in order to maintain the overall quality.

Who thought this was a good idea?
No really who thought that putting in a domesticated pig in coke bottle glasses would fit in well with the rest of the jungle cast?
Who thought that having it taunt you after failing to get that puzzle piece and offering autopilot to avoid what you are probably trying to get was a good idea?

nintendo since they keep pushing for autopilot shit in their games

I would be OK with that.

I'd like to see more than 1 game per decade.

The barrel segments are the hardest part of the game
Just power through them

Would it really need to be redesigned all that much? After all you play the stage as your Kong partner when you're in two player mode.

would get a little boring if they all controlled identically instead of like in DKC1 and 2 and 3 where every character controlled uniquely. Each character moved at a different speed in those games and had different jump heights.

Do you not think it would be a little half-assed if all they did differently from DK was their little abilities?

Yes, but not as half assed as forcing me to play as a second player and having to keep killing Donkey off if I just want to play as Dixie or Diddy.

The best DK game is still the Nintendo Dev 2 gameboy one.

Because it's slow compared to the Wii version. I was playing it recently & the low framerate makes the game feel far less responsive.

It gets overshadowed by Tropical Freeze, which is the same game but better. Both games are awesome though. Some of my favourite platformers ever.

FUCK YOU PHONEPOSTING NORMALFAG NIGGER

I mostly post while in the bathtoom at work.

You could say I'm a literal shitposter.

it's a 4chan thing to obsess on which device others post from. You can identify crossboarders by those who point it out.

i bet you buy video games

Josh was a phoneposter and the site almost died for it.
Death to phoneposters.

This is why we need

Did anyone else not get a single game over until reaching the final world?

biddybiddybiddybiddybiddybiddybiddybiddy

Both Returns games are pretty damn difficult by modern standards, it's not you. I appreciated that a lot actually.

Not only are you illiterate but your opinions are shit too

This shit was a piece of cake compared to the SNES ones. Tropical Freeze was slightly more difficult though.