Socom Insurgency Mod

Anyone play Socom?

For those who don't know Socom is a third person shooter that was originally on ps2.

Someone made a mod for Insurgency. They did a fantastic job.

I know SOCOM has a cult following and thought i would pass along the information. The server info can be found here.

ssr.gameme.com/insurg

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/222880/
projectconfrontation.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=5D8QiZTb5Io
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=868842477
youtube.com/watch?v=tn4rI4F7oN4
store.steampowered.com/app/293220/
youtube.com/watch?v=eG7JmrZ3RDA&t=11s
ssr.gameme.com/insurg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What next? Syphon Filter? :^)

Does it run on Insurgency's high spec requirements?

I have an old PC, can I play Socom?

I run it on all low settings. I play on a crappy work laptop and it runs perfectly smooth.

hahaha i don't think so. Socom has a crazy cult following, Their are two other stand alone Socom games in the works. One was green lighted on steam already. They are both a year out.

Rest in piece Zipper.

They were actually innovating shooters, then the whole "If you're not pulling call of duty numbers, you're getting trashed" nonsense happened.. Which lead to that abortion called SOCOM4.
Let's have a moment of silence for Zipper.

When's PC emulation? I want to make my own servers for MAG and Socom.

Video if interested. Most of these guys i play with often. Let me know if you get insurgency ill add you on steam.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvoKZOhko5Y

embedded isn't working sorry.

Socom 3 was shit too Vehicles had no place in Socom, Maps were way too fucking large, Socom 1 and 2 were different games than Socom 3 was

You're forgetting

Yea 4 was horrible but it did have a few good maps. Hop on this its created just like Socom 2 but way better graphics.

3 was pretty good, only small maps tho, the large maps sucked.

Played the shit out of Socom II multiplayer online back in the day. Was actually fun to crash the official servers by just having everyone use RPGs at the same time.

Will Socom:Insurgency be as tacticool as Socom II was?

Dood it is just as good. I play alot! It is almost identical gameplay to socom II. I almost shit myself when i played it. Imagine Socom II without lag and better graphics.

It's 50 percent off on steam right now . $4.99 you can't go wrong.

store.steampowered.com/app/222880/

Once you get into the game just go into the server search and filter type socom. the server will come up.

I never played SOCOM, but the insurgency mod was pretty good. I liked the maps a lot

Those were mostly Socom II maps. Also if anyone know how to make source maps. I will pay $500 per map created as long as you turn the file over to me. I really want fault, quarantine, killing fields, etc

care to share the names please?

I hope this helps. The two Socom clones coming out are…

Project Confrontation: This will be a stand alone game. Free to play.

projectconfrontation.com/

youtube.com/watch?v=5D8QiZTb5Io

Task Force: Which was created by the same guy who made the Socom Insurgency Mod. Task Force however is a stand alone game and has been greenlighted by steam.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=868842477

youtube.com/watch?v=tn4rI4F7oN4

Hopefully, I will see some of you on Insurgency Socom Mod this weekend and that you will all love it as much as i do.

G^ already!

What about H-hour?
store.steampowered.com/app/293220/

Are the older SOCOM games (PS2 and PSP) solely based around MP or is there some fun to be had in singleplayer too?

H Hour is really weak.

I personally feel like those guys should be jailed for what they did. They took a shit load of money from the hardcore Socom community, promised all sorts of things such as console releases, and they really let us all down.

Alot of people gave up on Socom because of them. What hey did was criminal so i don't even mention them. That game turned out really bad and was not what they said.

Have you played insurgency? It actually feels like Socom.

There are single player game modes in S2 and psp, but most of the hype is around the MP. The single player modes are solid however.

Heard about it when the Insurgency community guy mentioned it some time ago. I didn't try it because I never played Socom and didn't want to bother with a total conversion mod.
I'm impressed it's still alive though.

I haven't touched Insurgency as a whole since they dropped development and slapped on that shitty Battle Eye anti-cheat.

Isn't battle eye only for the competitive stuff? I didn't allow for it to install and can still play on pub servers without any issues.

That so? When they released that update I kept getting kicked by every server for not having it installed.

I'll give it a shot now.

Your doubt made me double check as well, but you were right in the end, it does affect pubs.
The reason it didn't affect me was because I'm from Argentina and servers from here never kicked me out. Guess it's up to the host to enable or not.

Sadly as well, those servers appear to be dead now, leaving only the BR ones accessible.

nice thumbnail faggot

Yup, nothing but kicks still. Fucking depressing. I had 500+ hours into that game.

Bump

here you go fag. I figured a video link would be better. Obviously you are a redline faggot!
It has had it's problems. The original creator took the mod down. We stole it and put it back up on our own server. We call this mod Socom Revived.
youtube.com/watch?v=eG7JmrZ3RDA&t=11s

Why'd he take it down?
I'd give it a try if it wasn't for the bullshit mentioned above.

Redline pulled it down the first time because he got a job offer from the company who made insurgency. So there was a conflict of interest. To be completly honest i am not sure that he didnt leak it himself to the new server owner. Give it a shot man. We have been running strong now for about 6 months. Well worth the $5.

Also we have no server issues. I never installed the anti cheat deal and i can run Socom on my comp all day without a hitch.

SOCOM 3 was trash can confirm. I used to love socom 1 and 2 back in the day. Not to mention the fact that socom 3 was so fucking lazy they had weapon add ons like the "Laser Pointer" which merely just turned your crosshair red…. It was a shitty game and I also remember it moving slower than 2 and 1.

How's the server pop? Do you guys have people playing whenever or is it too small and only populated at certain times?
I'm not too keen on playing Insurgency anymore after that nonsense, but I might as well give this a shot at least.

Not seeing the mod in the workshop by the way.

People play evening and night. They also play weekends. A few people play during the day, but there are bots which suck if you want to get ready for the real players.

The mod doesn't require a download from workshop it downloads the maps right as you log into the room. Type socom in the filter server search.

The map downloads take a while the first time so you may think it froze but it didn't. After the first time you play the map it runs quickly.

Here is the server info if interested, it shows a graph here of times people play. We technically have two servers but one of the servers is set for CO Op right now. We can switch it anytime to MP and do when we get busy.

I am at work right now and then i am going to the gym but ill be on around 630pm central time. I have like 200 friends on my list who play this mod so i can usually fill the room if anyone is interested.

ssr.gameme.com/insurg

I really liked Socom 3, but MP socom 2 was better. I played 3 alot with buddies we would setup three tvs in my living room and skip college class to play. This mod plays more like Socom 2 fyi and most maps are Socom 2 and 1.

All of your points are valid, laser sucked and also it did seem to move slower unless your loadout was light. I always rolled with the 9mm sun no nades. I was untouchable on fault with that setup.

quality meme

Hey sorry that happened to you. Insurgency came out with an update we are currently working on fixing the glitch. If you go invisible the best we can do for now is to reset the game and it fixes it.

Correct can't download all maps at once.

Other than that did you get it working? What did you think? People really like it once they get going with it.

Here i the map list for people wondering what Socom maps we have thus far

Crossroads
Vigilance
Abandon
death trap
frostfire
the ruins
desert glory
nightstalker
blizzard
requiem
fishhook