Halo Wars finally coming to Steam, not needing M$'s bullshit Win10 store for once

store.steampowered.com/app/459220/
Is there finally a chance that Halo 3 will be playable on PC?

Other urls found in this thread:

dsogaming.com/news/amd-may-have-leaked-halo-3-for-the-pc-artwork-showcased-during-its-korea-r5-launch-event/
archive.fo/hKN6c
cupheadgame.com/
archive.is/rYwSP
opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/6813-halo-ce-with-60fps-animations-and-gameplay/
steamdb.info/app/216800/subs/
twitter.com/CertainAffinity/status/349235363996385280
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Now people can finally see halo wars for the great RTS it was.

Halo 3 is already playable via Halo Online/Eldewrito

if halo 3 was released on PC at launch, tf2 would have died in a month.

Honestly if Halo 3 came to PC it would need the HPC/HCE treatment. Gearbox before it went to shit did an amazing job with the PC port of Halo and even went above and beyond for Custom Edition, improving the netcode and releasing dev tools that had hardly anything locked away.

My fear is MS used a throw away developer like they did with H2V and it'll be a straight 1:1 port with no optimization.

Pretty much confirmed

Forgot link
dsogaming.com/news/amd-may-have-leaked-halo-3-for-the-pc-artwork-showcased-during-its-korea-r5-launch-event/

Does this mean we'll see a non-Win10 PC release of Cuphead?

Maybe. Again in terms of Halo I'm worried because people say "well we have forge" and that's dandy but if we get another Halo on PC for it to survive it's going to need something on par with the HCE's HEK

Nigger that shit has been confirmed day one, who the fuck spread that fucking garbage rumour?

I've kept seeing retards spreading the same fucking garbage for 3 fucking years now.

CUPHEAD HAD A STEAM RELEASE CONFIRMED BEFORE WINDOWS 10 WAS EVEN A THING

Is it gonna have the same shit balance in multiplayer?

You know the whole (Spam X unit and hope the opponent's Spammed X unit and not X unit)

ODST-ODST-ODST-ODST-ODST-ODST-ODST-ODST.
How can twin scarab and tank spam even compete?

Reminder that the drop pods themselves do damage to scarabs too :^)

buskay

It would run on Win7 from the beginning.

archive.fo/hKN6c

Great, Halo will be relevant again

I remember a time Holla Forums used to laugh at casual faggots playing Babby's First FPS. Now we have shit like this and Skyrim threads. How the mighty have fallen

Halo 2 and 3 were good FPSs though.

Halo 1 and 3 were decent titles even if overrated as all shit and this fucking thing besides being an omen might be worth a pirate since RTS is dead as fucjk aside from some smaller titles from Petroglyph and Stardock.

I don't think halo wars is an fps
It's some kind of faux-rts

I won't argue that this fucking board hasn't seen a huge quality drop since 2014 or even 2015 though.
Thats simply not true
What? Where?

Garbage

Dumb down casual RTS for consoles developed by Ensemble Studios, the devs of Age of Empires and other loved franchises/games, right before they were shut down by Microsoft.

Yet people say the decline of standards isn't real.

It's a phenomena both in the industry at large and Holla Forums. Where the drop in quality in games has become so drastic that shit like Halo becomes comparatively less shit than more contemporary products. It makes sense that the frame of reference for discussion would shift on Holla Forums as new users come in and old users leave. The overall standards of the industry and its customers drop, so the discussion around it is going to drop as well.

There used to be late nigh Halo threads on halfchan years ago mate. Only difference is now it's during the day when burgers are awake.

Depends. Mindless shit flinging and dick sucking isn't discussion. Saying "Halo is Gay" is basically a low tier argument.

Literally who gives a shit. Most overrated FPS of all time.

2007 was years ago too.

Halo Online threads were made 2 years ago lad.
Nobody is arguing that its better than other shooters, but it can be enjoyable as a party game much like Smash.

More of this tbh except 3, it's laughable

we've had both HCE and H:O gamenights not that long ago either

Halo CE nights were around from before 8ch's existence. It still lives on in the hearts of many despite its release back in 2001 on the Xbox and 2003 on PC.

Custom Edition or Combat Evolved?

Custom Edition mostly.

I JUST WANT HALO 3 I JUST WANT TO FINISH THE FUCKING TRILOGY ON PROPER CONTROLS

Thanks Microsoft

FUCK
What are we going to do man? The quality of this site is going down the toilet. It's so bad that people have been saying so for years already!
We need to bring back all the old threads with the same talking points but with new people to please someone who isn't me according to standards I inferred. People don't even make new OC anymore what gives?
How dare these people even talk about shit games on this site. Do they not know it's prestigious as fuck to be on Holla Forums and by talking about shit games they equate them to true classics like Quake and Doom? They're basically saying it's just as good and somewhat enjoyable. How can they get tired of one thing and want variety?

See, these faggots always fall back onto the same
argument.
Just making excuses to try and lower standards. You need to stop enjoying things so he can approve you dude, you need to be approved. Idiot casual.

The half life thread is over there m8y

10/10
Saved

This is bait

I feel bad for the faggots who nostalgia over bad console FPSs, they must have had terrible childhoods.
I don't feel too bad though since they failed growing out of their shit taste.

No for real, fuck half life. 2 specifically. It led the way to stupid cutscene-hallways and episodic gaming. A decent physics engine doesn't save you from that.

O BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS CONSOLE RTS ON MY PC
BECAUSE CONSOLE FPS AND RPGS WERE SO GREAT, LET'S FUCK UP ANOTHER GENRE AND THEN BRING ITS CORPSE BACK
YEAH
YEAH

Mate the RTS genre is long dead. get over it.

well, normalfags having shit taste and jews exploiting it is why the games are shit now

And this will improve it how?

Stop throwing around words. I'm not gonna say you're wrong about the other bit. This is microsoft. Actually what I love is what it says on the steam page

Remember the CoD fiasco when they did this and it turned out there was a whopping 4 people who bought it via the windows store and MS had to refund them because matchmaking was more or less dead.

It's not new though, just a re-release. Though in concept I like the idea of fixed bases so you can't be a little shit and hide somewhere on the map with just one stronghold and slowly crank out a new living.

Interesting. Will this make Steams practical monopoly on PC gaming even worse, what are the Pros and Cons of more Halo games on Steam.
I mean the Steam community is already cancer. It's not like this will be that big of a change.

I wouldn't call it a community, I'd rather call it a cesspool.

Your not wrong.

nigger

cupheadgame.com/

never said that, I just think that improving the taste of other people is one of the ways to fix this shit

Can't fix normalfags.

Taste is subjective mate, you can force it all you want but it won't change anything. People have to come into it either on their on or through suggestion. I've tried to get so many people to play STALKER SoC, some like it others find it "Too hard" And when I ask what they mean I find out the typical casual failings of staying in the open, not being sneaky. forgetting to bandage themselves, etc

Fun is what is subjective, taste on the other hand is something you educate. Be it in food, music, movies, vidya or the arts.

and this can actually be fixed

TBH i found Stalker to be boring more than anything. I did like playing it for about 4 hours or so but I just didnt feel compelled to keep playing because it didnt hold interest for me. Its not 'casuals', some people just dont like things.
But I think the Fallout games are total shit too so maybe I just dont like post apocalypse type settings.

why in the fuck do i have 5 different game launchers on my fucking pc then ?

i wish it were trut so that i can have ONE FUCKING LOG IN .

typically that's the end of it and they run back to whatever casual shit game they were playing before.

Trust me I burned out on STALKER time and time again. I ended up only just recently beating SoC on master. The maps are expansive and with no fast travel system it gets tiring to slog back and forth. I ended up listening to every season of Ricky Gervais show while slogging through the zone.

Taste is still subjective. you can't force someone to like it, just like some people can't do with one type of food.

(heil'd)

archive.is/rYwSP

By that train of though I Sony has a Monopoly on the console business.

Without any games?

what if that shit is the master chef collection

Perhaps monopoly was the wrong word, but when it comes to newer PC games, it's usually on Steam, and then if your lucky somewhere else like Gog.
I doubt anyone else involved in PC gaming is making anywhere near the amount of shekels that Valve is.

That would be better. But I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

Halo 3 will be 10 years old this year. I still remember being a 17 year old shit when it came out. I'm too young to feel old.

Both of you need to kill your fucking selves.

Guys based, but sure

60 Mil units sold with no games

True
But thats like complaining that Xbox has no Japanese games or that Nintendo closes their games in exclusivity too much.
Games are on Steam because the kikes at Valve gave some form of centralization to the platform and the client makes sharing copies a lot harder without a crack that has the stigma of being illegal.

Clap

Thats what kills me

Yeah I wish they got the Clap as well

DId I say it was boring nigger?

calm the fuck down I stated I've played it lots and every time I'd just suddenly burn out. right now I'm playing CoC and trying to make it fro mthe Rookie Village to Pripyat on Ironman mode on Master. Some highlights include

Nigger please

Halo 2 has [objectively] the best competitive multiplayer of any console FPS to come out in the past 13 years.

Ehh, I hate the E-sports thing because that angle effectively kills games.

Halo 2 was nice. Shame H2V got shafted so hard.

wew

In the last 13 years?
If something deserves that, it would be Future Perfect.

This right here

what?

Why do these faggots always draw the swastika the wrong way

Because they are afraid that if they draw it correctly they will magically become a nazi.

Halo 1-3 were always good and if you dont like them you are an underage faggot that never experienced them. The halo is bad meme is perpetuated by faggots that were too young to ever have played them at their peak.

This.

The Halo Universe, before it became a blatant cash grab, was amazing. Hell, the books are still amazing. Just a shame about 4&5.

Well to be fair it's shad who drew it. Might as well have done it.

Fuck the entire rest of the series, this is the only thing I care about

I played Future Perfect recently, It's worse than I remember.
TS2 > FP

18 Holla Forumsirgins in a lobby playing Smear the Queer, Fat Kid and Duck Hunt?
YES PLEASE

Cuckchan Holla Forums had H3 threads though, the custom game stuff always had multiple threads a night.

You'd know this if you weren't a newfag.

Putting it down as unlikely, and even if it does get released you just know M$ will make it Win10 exclusive AND put Denuvo on it.

fund it

Sadly it's not within the 13 year timeframe, otherwise yes.

Reported for bait.

reported for trying to fit in

You're a fucking dumbass. No one has ever liked ponies.

one thing I didn't like about customs was how it devolved into infection variants. I stopped playing with my friends most of the time because all they wanted to do was shit like "out run zombies" on sandtrap.

I liked shit like in HCE where you could do Slayer on Chiron, with shotguns only, everyone invisible, no radar and no shields. Shit was fun.

nobody has ever cared except people trying to fit in

except people have. Broneis are shit. they're furfags

Its possible to like fast games like DOOM, any Build Engine game or System Shock, to games like Halo or Timesplitters.

tfw not a scaly alium cuntboy making first contact with humanity poring through human libraries and guiding cross-cultural exchanges between my species and humanity when not getting fucked silly

oh wait , you gay casuals are being serious, let me laugh harder

N E V E R E V E R

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I find the use of an American soldier fighting in the Vietnam War to be pretty interesting in that picture. You'd think that the next logical time period they could have looked at would have been World War 1/2, but that implies they were thinking at least a bit more modern.

after 10 years of patiently waiting for this shit it's finally time to feel what all those 12 now 22 year olds felt.

That's a chicken, not a pony.

It won't happen until the xbox brand is finally, truly dead, and even then, it's MS. Their grand strategy to completely fuck up gaming forever has faltered because of the failure of the one, and there are probably some important people salty enough about it to block the port project as long as they have the power to do so.

I rather get a working port of H1 that isn't locked at ultra low settings and H2 that runs at more than 20 fps.

unless you want an HD mod HPC and HCE can be run on max settings on most modern toasters. if you're talking about framerate

opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/6813-halo-ce-with-60fps-animations-and-gameplay/

a lot of work has to be done and it's tied mapside it seems

look up project cartographer.

>>>/oven/

No halo game has ever been good. If you believe otherwise you're a newfag with irredeemably shit taste.

I found the newfag trying to fit in

MS is run by complete cretins. Bill Gates is a greedy, filthy globalist honorary kike, but at least when he wasn't in charge MS wasn't pulling retarded stunt after retarded stunt.

I mean, is there any division where they don't have an enforced monopoly that is making them money? Their gaming division is a walking corpse, their phones and tablets are dead, the cunt they put in charge of Office is busy ruining that, their music players are extinct and they seem hell bent on making Linux win by spiting their own consumer base.

Show boypussy

I still feel nothing inside.

I'd say 1 was good and 3/ODST decent
Everything else is fucking trash

Hes half right though

How the fuck can Halo be fun why don't you go into detail, especially for a gun that popularized two weapons for arcade FPSs and is a fucking console FPS.

They said they were strongly considering ganoo slash linux and macOS ports earlier and that they'd likely come shortly after release.

It is fun because it is comfy.

Not a good reason, why are you holding back, is it because you have no pride in your tastes user?

But I liked seeing my custom Barbie in cutscenes

I don't even like halo that much but here

That's what i'v got off the top of my head

Not an argument faggot

-Above average A.I with some variety and nice animations.
-Surprinsingly deep weapon mechanics, especially on the later difficulties.
-Great map design
-Vehicle animations were top tier for the time
-Art design is great, especially since it differentiates the various races
-Nice ominous/mysterious/adventurous atmosphere
-Great visuals for the time that still hold up in certain sections
Halo was a 2/3 year effort Mac game later hastily ported to the Xbox in 8 months and it shows.

Problem with it was its popularity and dumbing down the genre, but then you could also blame Half Life for doing the same.
But can you really blame them for trying something else but Doom/Quake clones?

Halo 2 was a hastily made sequel and it shows and Halo 3 was like a mix of the two and still retains some of the original space opera adventurous atmosphere.

No its not

I only played 1 and didn't like it, last question: why was 4 shit and what's the synopsis on Reach.
Like what.

Well i'm no expert on Halo's story, but I liked Reach's story at the time, since I cared when my teammates died.

Reach was the last one Bungie made so I think that was the last one most fans liked
Vid related can probably help you

This is more casual than dawn of war 3. And that is an achievement.

Halo 3 for pc has been "leaked" at least once, years ago, IIRC it was listed in the steam database years ago with the price point of 49.99.

Ah, found the entry, price was removed though, but, oh well.
steamdb.info/app/216800/subs/

4 was shit because it wanted the CoD crowd and removed most of the shit I listed with an even worse plot.

Reach is meh at best, people were only in it because muh Bungie and the suppposed end of the story.

Halo should have never been anything else and the non subtle Covenant exposition was not only unecessary but also shit.

Pretty sure that was a joke entry, any dev can put that shit there and there was barely anything ported by Microsoft on PC then besides maybe the mobileshit games which I can't remember if were ported after or before the steamdb entry leak.
Now that Microsoft is putting their shit on PC and on Steam, I'm pretty sure the leak is leading up to it.

Speaking of SteamDB leak, I wish we got another one like the one two years ago, seeing all those Japanese ports and getting them one by one was great, I shat my pants when EDF came true.

most of entries on that leak were confirmed tho, the only one that didn't come out in the end was this one with Halo 3

I asked Frankie about Halo 3 PC at a Halo 5 event. The answer was basically that Halo Online was its own thing and that nobody at 343 was even considering porting Halo 3. As it has always been.

Halo Online is dead

It also helps that we had a developer that we could've pinned this on, though it's just some low effort sjw 'indie' studio.
twitter.com/CertainAffinity/status/349235363996385280

Frankie on Halo 3 PC in late 2015.

Which, coincidentally, seems to be around the time the steam database entry for halo 3 was either deleted or altered to be hidden from the public.

Which, assuming you are correct, proves nothing other than the listing was a mistake.

yeah, it is important to keep in mind that steam works developers can change their game to be anything. Some have done it with HL3 as a joke in the past, and there are thousands of steamworks devs. Pretty much anyone who gets approved through the greenlight system is given access to the DB.

I've never had any problems running the PC versions, what are you on about? Halo 1 isn't locked at low settings, that's just what you get from a console port. Yeah the animations are still 30fps internally but it's not something you really notice or care about while playing, as long as the rest of the game is pumping out full frames as to not interfere with your mouse movement.

microsoft wtf ru doin

I only care about 1 because Ensemble made it. Should we care about 2? The sequel no one asked for?

probably not, but who knows. Seems like it was completely forgotten about the day after it came out, which screams "painfully mediocre" to me, but I'd be willing to give it an hour and a half to try and impress me.

No, ita even more casual and dumbed down with ASSFAGGOTS elements and forced diversity.

if it ain't mcc idgaf

The fucking demo was better than the game, it was better balanced to.

The only good thing about H3 was the custom maps. Which could be a lot of fun.

Jorge was the only half-way decent character in Noble team, though.

Well I was 15 at the time so i liked Emile for being an edgy meme.
He was basically the Johnny Gat of that game.

Is the original Halo even on Steam? Why don't they start with that?

Microsoft is not known for making smart decisions, user. See: the entirety of the Xbox division from the Xbone announcement on, the shitpiles that are Windows 8 and 10, the complete disinterest in the public in Windows Phones, etc.

Because the company is a live action roleplay of 13th century Italy with the various divisions taking the roles of city-states. Halo isn't on Steam because the Windows Store contracted Turkish engineers to build siege bombards of sufficient power to shatter the walls of the games division's headquarters and their VP has promised his eldest daughter in marriage to the COO in return for non-interference.

Why would they do that when everyone and their dog already has the retail version they bought 10 years ago for $20?

Because a lot of them will probably buy it again?

Because 9 year olds weren't born 10 years ago. There are new people to sell it to now.

what? you still Q up construction of units in HAAH WAAW.

There's shit on the map like resource generators and power plants that you'd want to control to boost your intake and tech level.

Oh my friend Halo 2 was worse

I did love Joe Staten's comment on H1 cinematics

That feels like the whole of Halo 2

Considering the retail version is still getting occasional patches and fixes, I'd have no reason to buy it on Steam.

That sounds like fun. Are they taking applications?

Well in Halo 2 they had more flexibility in how they made cutscenes. Most of the cutscenes are playback with custom animations being fired off in script in H1.

Does it have actual base building now or does it still have the socket system?

The only bad person in Noble team was that sniper faggot that ran away and left you to die. What was his name? Jun? Fuck that faggot.

I cri evertim.

Reach was really boring to play, I got stuck forever at the rank of Lt Colonel because it took ages to earn XP. I stopped playing Reach when the multiplayer became like this:
Reach Firefight was meh, it was a dumb idea to add a bunch of alternate modes because people always choose infinite rockets/fuel rod.
Bungie should've added matchmaking into ODST's Firefight.

I liked the setting and the tone in Reach but none of those characters were interesting. I'm sure they are well known from the people who read the books but in game they were boring.

CertainAffinity is a subcontractor, they worked on tons of games. They made the DLC maps packs for Halo 4, recently the nuDoom multiplayer (that's why it felt exactly like H4) and I think they worked on the CoD MW remaster.

Halo 1 port has no shadows, lighting, particles and post processing while the console version does, brain dead mongoloids at gearbox completely forgot to port them so no matter what you set the game to it always looks like it's on ultra low.

>he hasn't read the unofficial comic A Fistful Of Arrows

Not the campaign.

Are you that Xbot?
Because aside from a missing shader for the Jackals shield, you're full of shit.

Oh man, I forgot about map voting and how aggravating that could be. I think that was one of the things that turned me off from 4 (yes I bought it, yes I regret it).

So at the launch of any of these games, there's fewer maps to play on in general since no map packs have been released yet. There was one map in 4 called Exile that I found to be pretty fun the first couple times I played on it. It was decently laid out and had a variety of interior and exterior locations. Not all that bad.

The problem came when the other players voted for it every single match. For the most part, the only way I could play a non-Exile match was if it didn't show up in the options, because if it was there, you'd better believe everyone else was going to vote for it. It hurt the most that I actually liked the map and was just driven to hate it through overexposure. I think that contributed to my dissatisfaction with 4 and abandonment of the franchise as a whole.

However, if 3 actually finally comes to PC and it's not a shitty half-assed port (and it's not a Windows 10 exclusive), I'd gladly get it for custom games alone.

Imagine unironically thinking like this because someone likes what you don't like.

I'm glad they got rid of map voting in Halo 5.
Exile was a pretty good map with the vehicles but the banshee was a bit out of place.
The MCC on PC with dedicated servers would be great.

Must feel good.

Considering you think taste is objective, I think you may just be retarded.

It had and still does have a shitload of issues

CA also did the H2 maps backwash and derelict's remake

Again if H3 gets a PC port it NEEDS a good proper HEK, which it won't get and retards will try and tell you forge is all you need

That being said I dunno how'd we handle a HEK with games like H3 or Reach considering you have armor permutations and it's not like HCE where you only had the cyborg_MP biped to work with thus making maps where "Play as X" became a bit more fun because you no longer played as just a SPARTAN, you could play as a Grunt, Marine, Elite, etc. But with this it could make it interesting Unless they go the route where the bipeds and permutations are swapped out so you could do something like instead of SPARTANs it's brutes so you have Brutes v Elites

I mean it in the sense of a food connoisseur has objectively better taste than your inbred 3000lb landwhale who only eat McDs

HALO 2, HALO 3, HALO REACH ON PEECEE WHEN

Garbage and the first one you mentioned is already on PC.

Wew

I don't care what faggots think, I just want to play Halo with my buddies like the good old days.

I never go into Xbox live so it would be cool to play these games online like back in the day. I do enjoy the Halo Custom Game nights with Holla Forums

If you just want to play vidya with you mates, there are a million other shit games you can play since apparently you don't care about quality.

Then just play custom edition with them you nignog

The CE pc community died a while ago. All that's left is reddit and mexicans.

gotta expand on this further. Reddit and mexicans that play on only stock maps.

When I put up the HCE server I try to cram as many custom maps into rotation as I can. I'm going to tear apart the rotation and rebuild it for the next time I have a weekend off to host some HCE.

I'm kinda shying away from project cartographer just because I don't have any type of control over the server

I also want to play ODST, fagboi.

This "Halo Online is good" meme must end.

You can customize all of that you retarded nigger.
Do you think think most people play fucking stock?
This ain't a fucking console release.

thing is those that's client side. and the bullet mechanics are server side til they fix it. The H3 models aren't stock to the game and thus require a client side mod that only others will see if they're using the exact same mod. Said mod isn't required by the server.

Sprint and AA can be turned off now.

I'd honestly like it if they tore out the armors and replaced them with Reach armors. though Reach had a more in-depth armor customization

Apply yourself

What are you talking about? We got a fourth Age of Empires game.

FUCK YOU

A fun, but horribly unbalanced game. Love the energy shields on everything tho.

How cool.

Cross hairs were in the wrong place.

If only the cross hairs were in the right spot.

But yeah. Inmiss the Sniper Rifle.

Look at this goy

Nah fuck you, Halo 3 was average. Very, sadly, average. Its only good in comparison to 4/5.

Is halo 2 relatively playable on PC? I know multiplayer isn't, but campaign? Do you still have to install GFWL?

What did he mean by this?

Yes to all and Halo 2 multi was never good.

look up Project Cartographer. I wanted ot host but there is a massive lack of tools to do anything from a host standpoint

Jun didn't run off, Carter ordered him to escort Halsey to another UNSC base. The rest of the game past that point happens in such a short timeframe that he's probably still walking there, listening to Halsey bitch about the Spartan IIIs while the rest of the team gets murderboned.

when that girl spartan got popped by a single needle rifle shot i was in disbelief at how fucking lazy that death was

From what I recall, that was right after an EMP, wasn't it? So her shields would have been down and she would have been vulnerable. Why she had her helmet off, though, is beyond me.

I wonder sometimes if 10 years from now folks will still be on win7? I remember how Steam was hated and look where we are now.

It's funny how Halo is supposed to be a dudebro casual normalfag game and yet it has built a lore fag fanbase of pure autism.

The games have adapted to this as well: it expects you to keep up with all the books and cartoons.

Halo CE was my first CONSOLE FPS does that count? It was a good game no matter what Holla Forums says.

Ofcourse the series became a space marine action game for Burgers but I remember.

yeah it was after an emp or some shit, but she does have her helmet on. I feel like it was done more for shock value more than anything else but still lazy as fuck imo

Support will be completely cut in 2020
So no unless you want to play newer releases.
I don't think Micro$haft will make a new non shit OS either.
So either I get stuck with 7 or I'll go full Linux and spread Richard Stallmans gospel.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

This is bait

She had her helmet on. But their base armor is pretty crappy. Although it's better than the other Spartan IIIs in that it actually had energy shields, a short range shot on the head from above being lethal makes sense.

Not to mention none of humanity's armor materials are effective at stopping energy weapons. It really showed in space combat when their only viable strategy to beating the Covenant was surprise attacks with overwhelming firepower, since their ships would melt under a single plasma barrage. They've only been able to go toe-to-toe with the Covenant when protected by energy shields of their own.

Stallman sucks down corporate cock just as much as any other demagogue.

Halo 2 is on PC you fucking retard.

H2V is more or less still born. However there has been attempts at reviving it, see Project cartographer

You're half right.

Again project cartographer fixes a lot of it including removal of the need for GFWL.

also it's not vista only. it works on win 7 and even when MS was claiming it was Vista only like not even weeks after a patch came out that let it run on windows XP

It wasn't Vista exclusive, it was DX10 exclusive. Meaning it works on later OSes that work with DX10.

Or at least to should, I haven't tried it in fucking ages.

Yeah I'm checking it out, that's pretty cool.

Have they gotten the coop working yet?

it's in a "sorta working" stage where some of the stuff does but it's not in a stable situation yet and some things don't synch (such as device switches). But hey if thye iron it out 16 player co-op campaign and with attempts at reenabling a lot of the locked away functionality of H2EK we may be able to see some custom co-op maps for H2. Possibly even firefight maps

Micro$haft truly are the Macrokikes

Fuck shitty ports of side games.
CE gamenight when?

Hopefully never
Too many games superior to CE in the list.

A lot of shit that would enable things like custom HUDs, weapons, vehicles, bipeds, etc were locked away in the H2EK. It's actually more thanks to Gearbox of all companies HEK was released the way it was for Custom Edition

Next time I get a weekend off we're gonna do some HCE fun. I need to tear apart the map vote list and repopulate it to mix things up. So stayed tuned

Must be hard living a life where you screech autisticly at people.

I'm just saying
Compared to most of the things in the list, its small scale and pretty boring

subjective. Especially with the content provided with Custom Edition

Halo is objectively more boring than any of these easily unless you're a halofag, in which case you should consider a bullet to the brain.

You don't have to play if you don't like it. It's that simple you retard. But if you want to act like a cuckchanner trying to fit in and keep not only bumping this thread but chimping out then keep doing so, I'm sure it'll show someone

Xbot Haloautist confirmed

He's right in the fact Halo is one of the shittiest FPS out there when compared to anything on PC though.

halo is a fun racing game
shit at arena shooting, shit at story, but the vehicle bits are fun

I liked the music.

Get the fuck out if you can't even own up to your faggotry.

I can't believe it actually works and you can play the campaign after the first mission without activation key.

FUCK YES Race mode was the absolute best game mode. CTF is great of course but Race just tops everything.

Fools that you are, the best technique is to essentially grind spartan tanks until they're max rank and can basically shred anything anyone might send after them.

user, please.

Halo 3's multiplayer was pretty damn amazing. CE was probably the best all around, at least for the time. 2's campaign was pretty sweet.
Overall quality dropped at Reach. ODST was still good, but short, and left a rather odd feeling of too much potential, not enough time.

In my personal opinion, Halo CE holds to time better than most other shooters of the era.

when is this meme going to end

you're right onle the first half of the game was interactive cutscene. Game was still linear as hell and you normally saved your strongest weapons for either bosses or large groups of enemies.

I can't find a price for this anywhere, has anyone else seen it?

releases in 2 hours, knowing microsoft, $40

Its 20
They confirmed on the forums

Its out

I remember a time when people didn't give a fuck and just played what they liked… oh wait that never happened in this time line. Oh well.

That takes a while to do, requires stupidity on someone elses part, and the assholes nerfed the whole mechanic in a patch. Oh and Scorpions are better than Hrizzlies at it thanks to the Scorpions Special being better

I moss 15 Star Spartan Vehicles.

Remember when Halo 3 had an official page on Steam? The official group chat is still up I think.

Why the hell are Serious Sam 2 and the shitty version of Ace of Spades on that list?

Don't know
Didnt make the list

reminder that Halo 3 babies are the cancer plaguing halo and make "my first fps" shitposters look correct.

2 is better then 3 in every way other then forge. Hell, ODST and Reach too, and while 5's campaign is garbage, it's MP and forge blow's 3's out of the water.

Reach, 2A, and 5 all have better customs. Hell 2 back in the day had better customs then 3 even without forge

If halo was on PC Holla Forums would suck it's dick.

1 has a lot of issues with tedious level design and lack of variety, nostalgiafags ignore this but the it honestly has one of the weakest single players in the series. The sequels fix the issues.

It's not actually shit, it's just a 7/10 game in a series that's usually a 9/10. So it's like MGV. The MP isn't as good due to borrowing CoD features and the campaign is pretty bland. The story is also shit.

2 seperater 343 employees confirmed yesterday that H3A or even just a port of the base H3 isn't being worked on. And 343 has said like 6 other times in the past few months it's not happening. People need to stop being in denial, you'll just get yourself hyped up for e3 and will be all the more butthurt when they announce nothing.

It has a few other missing shaders and the animations don't actually run at 60fps. Digital foundry has a 50 minute video comparing the original xbox version vs the PC port vs 360 CEA vs MCC CEA if you care, tl;dr the MCC build is the best.

It does but those mostly impact MP and networking stuff. It's the definitive way to play the campaigns solo.

This is incorrect, CE is litterally the most lore depedent Halo game. 4 and 5 aren't lore reliant, they just have absolute trash writing that makes everything needlesly confusing so it seems like they are.

The Glassing beam from the covenant ship overhead fried her shields. t. lorefag

Jackal snipers are PTSD in a bottle

So… is the game/port fun? t. RTSfag who's dying in a desert of NO FUCKING RELEASES

its breddy gud, not sure how bad this port is going to be or if the game has been tweaked/balanced differently yet, as its a while yet to download.
the one thing that stood out about this is that the explosions and fighting are actually very satisfying, especially the ODST shotguns and the scorpion canister shells.

Microsoft is dumb as fuck, that's why.

Well, I guess I'll download it and give it a shot in a few days when I have time. Thanks.

rude

Hey man, point and laugh at the sluggish aiming all you want, I danced around that elite and smacked him on his ass and my reticule way right on the jackal sniper spawn putting a bullet in it's head the moment I stepped out of cover.

I know that you're not bad at the game or anything, but I can't help be reminded of this

What's wrong with assassinations? Are you incapable of watching your back?

>>>/suicide/

Because one button for switching weapons is easier to manage on consoles.
It wasn't the first console FPS by any stretch of the imagination. It was the first console FPS to get the controls feeling right for a lot of people. It also looked great and sounded better than most PC games at the time.

How are things going on at Polygon?

I think you need a refresher on how incompetent polygon's aiming actually was.

What you see in my webm is a consquence of the inability to reload and melee at the same time as look around due to the control limitations on a controller where those functions are mapped to the face buttons. Any time my thumb was actually on the stick myaim was where it needed to be.

Polygon just straight up couldn't aim.

Alsobefore anybody whines, that's not their video, so clicking it doesn't give them views

There would still be backlash because of two guns only but not to the extent it has now.

That doesn't rectify that it and CoD ruined FPS games for years and years to come.

No, games that copied halo ruined it, Halo CE itself actually excutes and implements it's two weapon limit and regen health well in the context of it's own game.

in CE, your health doesn't actually regen, your layer of shields over your health does, and there are still on map health pickups for your non regen health. Different guns also do more or less damage to health vs sheilds, for instance.

i'm glad about this, i really loved halo wars, i'm totally up for playing it with friends again. i dont pay for xbox live anymore.

Seriously, why not join DoW3 beta?
Or preorder Steel Division, play beta for a month and refund before release?

Don't give me bullshit.

I want RTS, not shitty pastel MOBAs, user
Thanks for letting me know about it, looks interesting, but I don't pre-order games, ever.

But you want to play fucking Halo Wars?
Stop listening to random anons on internet and experience shit yourself (especially if its free), if only to shitpost about games you actually played.

So do I, but I use every possibility to jew out some free gameplay.
Better do it this way than to wait for a free weekend or pirate singleplayer.

just like Halo 1 and 2 were played by all pc users and killed quake 3 and unreal 2k4? No fucking way. The games movement is too restrictive, combat too shallow, nobody would play it after two months because the players would want to play with controller and relax, but people using mouse and keyboard would still have a significant enough advantage to win a 1v1 everytime. It is a console shooter and on pc the only thing that wouldn't immediately die is coop and forge

It runs good. They've added bunch of basic PC interface features but the UI is scaled for TV, not monitor.

What's with the influx of playable games getting released on PC recently?

I saw gameplay and all the trailers they've shown, and I'd think that with nearly three decades of experience I can make an educated guess that DoW3 is going to be fucking garbage
At least it's an actual RTS, albiet shallow as fuck. Besides, I'd wager that DoW3 is going to ship with Denuvo anyway.

It doesn't matter if you refund it, that's still not free.

No, it's that you can't control when they occur - so they happen every time when you melee someone from behind. Even in the middle of a firefight

Lad…

This thinking… so complicated…

That still isn't truly free and you can only play for two hours or under two weeks before it bars you from refunding it.

Nope
If it's a beta you can refund regardless of how much you play up to release
If you forget to do it before release then you're screwed

That's a natural side effect of being the flagship game on a new console with controls that aren't garbage.

That's correct, meleeing someone from behind will instantly kill them. That makes watching your back important in this game. What's the issue?

Games are so shit nowadays people will rather buy older console games not limited to decade old hardware.

It helps that its on a platform people use, and not stuck on shit like Windows Store.

I honestly like Halo Wars as a more casual C&C clone. I can find more friends irl that wanna play it since it's easier to pick up and play compared to something like Starcraft or C&C3 where if you're not good at the game you get rolfstomped in 5 minutes.

Plus it's more rts and more rts is always a good thing.

The controls are garbage, just slightly less garbage than the average.
The mechanics of the game are also absolute trash.

They set a better standard for FPS controls on a gamepad.
Can you give any examples other than the two weapon limit?

Complete trash.

I think he means the big over the top assassination animations, rather than the instakill itself.

You do know that actual warfare mainly revolves around shooting from behind cover, right?

That only works in gameplay when the game is a realistic tactical shooter, not some arena shooter wannabe.

Oh, so it can only be a real shooter if you can run faster than a fighter jet, spamming six weapons back-to-back while not having to worry about taking cover.

Fuck everybody who doesnt want SPARTANS to sprint at 50mph.

Except it actually uses DX9.

Source: xpfag with Halo2V installed

It wasnt so bad on Halo CE, but on Halo2, it fucked up half my Sniper Shots. Goddamn it.

I liked how HCE didn't have melee lunge either. After playing a lot of HCE and playing H:O the melee lunge threw me the fuck off. I'm used to retards flailing at one another till one dies or both get picked off. Not someone gliding along the ground to smack me.