NieR:Automata

Best game.

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/04/nier-automata-original-nier-costumes-colosseum-dlc-set-announced
steamcommunity.com/app/460790/discussions/0/135514231767197138/
mega.nz/#!afc47306d0e95e3184a7ddf5de3474898a49a800
jpfiles.eu/2017/04/17/bdiso-岡部啓一-nier-music-concert-talk-live-blu-ray≪滅ビノシロ-再生ノクロ/
youtu.be/JZxyzqbw5kE
nier2.com/2017/03/07/nierautomata-world-guide-novellas/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You really find that to be a respectable idea ?

Have you never heard of Segagaga?

Mistook Yosuke Matsuda as Senator Armstrong at first glance

Where do I find the boss fight? did they finally unlocked the elevator?

Colosseum DLC

dropped

gematsu.com/2017/04/nier-automata-original-nier-costumes-colosseum-dlc-set-announced

This DLC seems to have a of stuff but sadly still doesn't address the game's issue of overleveling. I'm planning on skipping almost every side quest and open world confrontation on my next run.
Wish they'd add a chip that worked as a XP bank so you wouldn't level up but if you wanted to cash that XP in the end, just destroy it or something.

Meanwhile, Gravity Rush 2 is getting a Toobs costume free of charge.

Anyone else disappointed at start of 9S run that you don't play entire game as a cute naive robot that gradually goes apeshit?

GR2 has to best recent game that nobody played.
It's been sitting on my backlog for two months now, only because Nioh and then Automata have been released in short succession.
I've seen it drop to half price on a sale lately; it seems to do really badly. A shame, I really like both GR1 and Kat.

I guess the pre-release '2B has a dick' speculation wasn't that far from the truth.

That's irrelevant. Were the heads of companies sell themselves as DLC fights in any other game, you would be able to see it for the astoundingly lame cashgrab it is.

Right? And if you avoid leveling up, and the level gap between you and the enemy is too high, you won't be able to juggle even the smallest enemies or interrupt their attacks.
I still haven't finished this game because stupid design choices are really putting me off, to the point where I genuinely feel like sometimes I'm playing a bad game designed by complete amateurs. That's not an exaggeration.

For example, when I got to play as A2, I thought the combat would be more complete and fun (I had noticed in gameplay streams that she had a taunt). But to do a taunt as A2 you have to hold the attack button, which replaces some attacks you could do as 2B. That's such a retarded decision it is beyond my comprehension.
Adding to that, the checkpoints are completely gone at this point in the game, so now I can only load the save file apparently, but then again, so fucking what? Even before that I had to worry about losing my goddamn chips permanently like it's some Souls-like shit (not to mention the animation you're stuck in that leaves you vulnerable while you pick up your body), and the runbacks are godawful, which punishes experimentation so I might as well be playing safe at all times.

The icing on top of the shit cake is that there isn't any sort of rank system or style meter that tells how you well you're playing. So there's another reason to not bother switching up attacks and attempt cool combos. That's one thing I've talked about before this game came out when I played the demo; that if they wouldn't include some chip that "gauges" your performance in combat would be a huge missed opportunity because of how much the game can change with the plug-in chip mechanic. There could also have been a side-quest where you'd have to accumulate X amount of points during combat, and trying out different weapons and missing different attacks would increase your multiplier, or something like that. This would be the perfect game to experiment with everything Platinum had done up until this point. Oh well…

I'm still looking forward to this DLC because it adds arena shit which is what I was wishing for since the start, but it probably still won't change my opinion that this A-tomato simply isn't that great.

*mixing different attacks

Thankfully taunting exists so you can triple your damage at the expense of receiving thrice as much damage (whose decision to use is usually a no-brainer since you were going to die in one hit anyways), but is staggering and launching seriously tied to the amount of damage you deal? I swear it never felt like that to me, but then again it's not that hard to dodge in this game.

Fuck me, that came off weird. My ability to proofread really is shit.

Now that you mention it, it probably has to do with damage dealt instead of the level gap, but the lack of staggering in enemies was still an issue for me, mostly at the beginning of the game (I switched to Hard after the prologue, by the way). But then came a point where my level was so high, that certain bosses became a complete joke (yes, even on Hard), whereas other people I saw playing got stuck in those places for hours. So it's safe to say that this game's difficulty balance really is questionable.

Also, am I the only one who's looking forward to the fully-clothed costume the most to actually play the game? How am I able to concentrate otherwise with that much ass and tiddies showing?

That I didn't know. Stupid motherfuckers.

All I've noticed is that this is Dragon's Dogma 2: Android Boogaloo - overlevel and you'll plow everything so fast it's not even funny; go in underleveled and every non-peon enemy will take weeks to kill because apparently damage output is tied to level.
Also, for some reason, shooting section enemies scale but no other enemy does (including the shooting section boss).

Good luck getting P* to admit they fucked up and patch something.

>>>/cuckchan/

That explains why getting good didn't work.

I got GR2, Yakuza 0, NieR, P5 and the new content for KoF XIV and DaS3. Had to sit out on Nioh as I've no clue how to juggle all this shit because I'm too fuckin' autistic to play a game bit by bit and swap them about. Just started P5 but still have shitloads of stuff to do on all the others.
I really enjoyed both GR games but they don't feel like they invite multiple playthroughs, especially 2 that lets us select chapters.

(shamelessly checking my own digits)
Also, it should be mentioned that you don't need to grind to overlevel.
Just playing the game naturally by doing side-quests and making sure you always recover your body when dying (and why wouldn't anyone? it's a complete no-brainer because chips are so valuable, and help make the game more fun) is enough to turn the experience into a cakewalk.

This should have been like Souls where it lets the players decide when they want to level up.

time to be a good goy.

Very Hard mode exist for a reason, user. It doesn't matter if you're at level 99, you'll be dead in just 1 hit. This where all you upgrade and plug-in are actually important

But you do.

9S is fucking boring though, only 1 weapon slot and OP hacking

I've been hearing Hard mode alone is already leagues above Normal in terms of difficulty, to the point that there's very little difference from VH.
IMO DMC3 did difficulty well, with settings gradually progressing until the balls to the wall hard mode.

Dubs of truth.

Very hard is one hit kill difficulty, Hard mode can kill you in 3 hits.

plz

It's lame as fuck and I hope it doesn't get bundled in with the main game at any point, it should be kept a seperate purchase to bait retards.

I hate this type of DLC for a game like this. There is nothing new here to bring you back. All it's useful for is to add an extra hour of gameplay to your next playthrough.

Not saying I won't get it before my next playthrough just for the Kainé outfit.

Video of the 2B costume in Gravity Rush 2 for anyone who's interested like I am.

Thanks.

Nice to see Kat finally wearing underwear.
Sadly this won't do much for the game. Great for those who have it though since the DLC's free. This industry's a cruel mistress.

Gravity Rush 2 even looks like Neir A. Interesting.

Kinda disappointed, I was hoping for more story tid bits, hopefully the Colosseum is actually hard enough. Also wouldn't mind them adding a boss rush mode of some sort.

It should have been a Action game, not an Action/RPG. Chips leveling is enough. It's true it kills Platinum's gameplay.

Why would you even need to play the colosseum if you get max level in game and plenty of money? Do you get some loot that breaks the game upon defeating powerful opponents? I don't it's like Star Ocean, they should have made an endless dungeon not some fucking colleseum.

I'm just hoping they are smart enough to realize the Colosseum is going to have to be hard, because for anyone who fought Emil you are probably in the 80 lvl range. I can't even replay the bosses because I melt them in under 10 hits.

>become more and more human-like, like everything else intelligent on that Earth
>starts to smug-loli shitpost

+1

Yeah, it's a pity GR2 seems to have not sold so well. I played through the remastered version of the first recently and thought it was only decent (probably would've appreciated it much more if I'd played the original Vita version, I imagine), but the second from what I've played so far just feels like a huge upgrade in every way, from combat to scale to graphics, and I haven't even unlocked those heavy/floaty armband things yet. Really enjoying it.

Sort of does now that you mention it.

No they're not, even in hard, you kill still so fast that you can forget about any attack chips except attack wave. You just stack anti-chain, HP, defense, speed, overclock, regen, deadly heal. So in very hard you have EVEN less choice because HP and defence does nothing? Ok so stack attack wave, speed and overclock, so you get a 5 second slowdown everytime you dodge and fight mostly in that mode.

It's been while since I've looked forward to a game as much as this. CPY had better deliver.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Chapter Select feature. So, that means the current state of your character carries over to the early parts of the game and the enemies don't scale to your level. Did I get that right?
If so, that's hugely disappointing to hear. Can't even have fun if I want to try a No Damage challenge against the earlier bosses. I mean, what is the point if they're just going to die so quickly?
I'd be really happy if the Colosseum was more akin to Bloody Palace from DMC, and that the bosses you fought during the main game show up again but are now matched to your level. Even better if you can select the stage. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Yup.
In my first run, I was 7 levels over 2B's end boss and all I did was side quests (with some left undone) so no grinding, not even for materials. This only got worse in the next paths. Add all sorts of HP-related chips and unless you mess with a enemy that can kill you in 2 hits, you'll breeze through the game.
Basically, it seems the best thing to do is play the main story while avoiding most side stuff then do that side stuff once everything's done. I don't know if upping the difficulty to Hard will make enemies more resilient for NG+/chapter select replays but if not, aloha snackbar the file and start all over because there's really no point in replaying story missions. Side quests can't be repeated so that's another bummer.

Said it before, will say it again - Good luck getting P* to admit they fucked up and patch something.

This kills the game.

What's wrong with it?

Is that what those doors were all about? What the fuck

So every fight ends when you get hit even once, and a lot of enemies just spew waves of bullshit and counter is unreliable. And enemies will STILL die too easily to make fights satisfying. Hence, you won't combo anything, you'll use pod programs, ranged attacks and safe attacks rather than risk getting oneshot by a stray stubby spinning and your counter not triggering properly against it. And god help you if you actually try to fight during the first section of route C against the yorha.

It's a shame the costumes aren't usable across multiple characters. Given A2's history it would have been pretty cool to put her in Kainé's outfit.

Where does it say that they aren't?

Good point, I just assumed as much given that there's been no footage of them swapping outfits so far.

That's exactly what happens, the chapter select has the enemies in a certain level bracket depending how far the level is in the game.

There.

Day 1 purchase

disgusting

I'm probably way behind everyone else here because I still haven't finished Route C, but what are people's favorite weapon combos so far? Me, I've been trying to give people weapons that are thematically appropriate. 9S right now is using the Beastbane and the Machine Spear, while A2 has Virtuous Contract and the Phoenix Sword. Haven't figured out her second loadout yet, but maybe Dragoon Lance and Type-3 Fists.

This is gay as fuck.

What? The only thematically appropriate weapons they can use are standard yorha equipment models.

Appropriate considering their characterization and current arcs. 9S is in full Gas The Machines, Race War Now mode, so he gets a Beast weapon for optimal murdering and a Machine weapon because it gets stronger for every machine he kills. A2 gets 2B's sword and a Phoenix weapon because 2B is still living on within her. And then there's the Type-3 weapon because A2 is obsolete and no longer part of the YoRHa plan.

Also worth noting that during Route B, I had 9S use the Spear of the Usurper, because the Turn Coat ability was useful when it activated and felt appropriate since he was starting to view machines as potential allies. Come Route C, and here comes the Machine Spear.

Anybody got the mega link for the chick cosplaying as 2B?

So, no hope at all for a Bayonetta performance patch then? Lot of people are having issues where the game just drops to like 20fps after the intro. I had to install a crack to get the game to run properly. Not sure what it did, but it worked, and I'm a bit pissed because if I knew I was going to have to crack the game anyhow - I would have just pirated it.

Let's hope if CPY cracks Neir A it's the same.

They are probably just trying to play the game on a toaster. They should think about upgrading their rig instead.

It was obvious they were DLC doors based on what the robots infront of them said. No one should be surprised by this.

There's a lot of complaining about Hard mode. Does nobody know the HP and defense upgrades exist?

Dunno if their policy changed but they completely shrugged off Bayo's shitty PS3 port (it was done by Sega but they didn't even acknowledge the problem and it was Sony who intervened and patched it) and ditto with Max Anarchy which is riddled with game breaking bugs and a poor netcode.
Even freakin' Vanillaware patches their games so P* can take the poverty sob story elsewhere.

Nope, it's a genuine issue and it seems to affect people with stronger PCs.
This thread details it;
steamcommunity.com/app/460790/discussions/0/135514231767197138/

should have just bought the DRM free original release.

the Lana Rain videos right?
afc47306d0e95e3184a7ddf5de3474898a49a800
52fd8b2886e4c1096e84af41e557086203bdaa35

There could be more.

On every single difficulty enemies die too quickly. The ratio of enemy health, to enemy attack, is the main problem with the balancing. All they have to fucking do, is buff the enemies a little so they don't fucking die so quickly and let you set your own level and/or enemy level using debug. Better yet, let you choose when to level up so you can't over level at all.

Yes, and for enemies close to your level, you'll still generally get your shit wrecked. That's not the main complaint though. Enemies die too fucking quickly.

What?

what do you think?

If you're claiming the console versions, you're more retarded than I thought.

20fps on a PC, needs a crack, or DRM free version that has existed for 10 years and may not be perfect but hovers around 40-60fps.

plus you get ownership and actual product value.

Additional subquests could be very nice, but unless they fix their shit, colosseums will only serve to highlight how fucking bad the balancing is. Based on
I think they're going to go the same route give enemies that die too quickly and kill you too quickly. Fuck man. Hell and hell mode is supposed to be optional, but in Automata it's the only way to get a decent challenge and there's no fucking way to truly test your moves. I'm also going to be seriously pissed if "additional sub-quests" means getting quests to do colosseum runs.

Consoles aren't DRM free you dipshit.

yes they are

Let go of the hook. Don't give it what it wants.

You're right.

>mega.nz/#!afc47306d0e95e3184a7ddf5de3474898a49a800

9S is cute

Prove it you nigger. You can't.

No they aren't, otherwise you wouldn't have to jailbreak them.

where pic related from?

Urotsukidoji.

Just finished the game yesterday.
Shit was great. Now I just have to get the "joke" endings and beat the true boss

WHERE THE FUCK IS PRE-PURCHASE BUTTON?!!

wrong

finished it as in ending A or ending E?

You need a graphics card that isn't 5+ years old to run it.

Wait is it possible that these bosses could still be at least slightly challenging at level 99? Still want a way to delevel.

It's free.

Only the second Emil fight is not shit easy at level 99. If they're really designed to be challenge after the rest of the game is complete, then maybe.

PC pirate tears, the gift that keeps on giving.

The final bosses were shit easy at 79, which is what I was when I first got there. Wish I would've waited until I got chapter select to do most of the sidequests.

It's 1,500 yen on May 2nd in Japan and "Coming Soon" in the west.

Looking at the two trailers, it looks like the enemies and bosses scale, which is good, since this shouldn't have been a level based game in the first place. I seriously hope there are more actual bosses than just the CEO ego stroking bull. Considering how out of place the CEO shit already is, I wouldn't mind if it just lets you fight any boss from the game that would fit in the arena. I want to fight a higher level opera boss with more moves.

At most, leave that to open world and side quests.

It's all very tongue in cheek and lampshaded. You have to be really persistent with a NPC to trigger the fight and she pretty much says that it will break any sense of immersion.

I only skimmed the videos because if this turns out not be dogshit DLC designed solely by suits and marketers to get more shekels, as most DLC is, then I'd like to experience the dialogue for the first time in game. Kinda wish the trailers for the base game didn't use so much late game footage, and I especially didn't like the in game "preview" you get when beginning route C. Nier did the same thing at the beginning of the game, but at least it was avoidable if you just pressed the start button, rather than an in-game cutscene.

Are they both going to be 5'3'' like all nip men? Also who heads Platinum, I never heard of that guy (it's not kamiya), is that mikami?

thanks

Fast forward to NOW

well i just finished the main route with ending [D], gonna get [C] and the criteria for [E] tomorrow.

what's going on up in there Holla Forums?
it better not be what i think it is.
i do not like what the sentence " Come with us " is implicating.

Well MGR:R Is also a Platinum Game

I've seen a lot of threads on this recently, and I'm intrigued by the artstyle of this game even though I've never played a Japanese game before. Can someone do a couple-sentence rundown of what the game/series is about, where it is set? What do you do in this game, and why?

no

huh?

thanks phoneposters

Nice deflection Phonefag

E of course

It's pretty hard to explain what the game is about without spoiling it, but in the beginning it's about playing an android in the year 11945, defeating machines brought to earth by aliens and making it possible for the humans who escaped to the moon to return to earth.
And then stuff happens.

In terms of gameplay it's a spectacle fighter with Rpg elements and some twin-stick shootin. You get quests, collect money, weapons and upgrade yourself with chips that you bought or got from fallen enemies.

And after you finished the game you play it again from the start with a different character.

And then you play it a third time to get the continuation of the story with the ability to play a third character

WHAT DID HE FUCKING MEAN BY THIS

The Emil clones go mad, become the Watchers and loop backwards, dropping the Cathedral City into the Middle Ages, causing the Drakegard branches, which loops back and send Angelus as a "karmic counter", which causes the Nier timeline.

Is this shit cracked yet?

I'll give them money if it's actually good.

Hey I know a solution to this overleveling issue, we could add skyrim-like mob scaling

that's actually what level scaling is supposed to be used for; not letting player go super god mode and kick and/or keep difficulty up, not for skyrims perma-babby mode

So is this game still fucking broken on PC? I've heard the port is actually worse than Wolfenstein.

This guy has never played normalfagcore shit like Super Mario, Zelda, or Sonic the fucking Hedgehog? Ok. How has someone like this ended up on Holla Forums?

if you want a version that is technically solid and works well, get the console version.

Not a fan of non-canon DLCs… the whole CEO things turns the whole thing into nothing more than a parody. Wasted the whole elevator potential.

I haven't had any problems with it.

Go away, Phil. Your game console is bad and you should feel ashamed of yourself for being responsible for poisoning and retardation of more American Youths than Lead Paint.

I play cRPGs and the occasional racing game.

Thanks user

It was alright for me (and I'm playing on a laptop with a 960M) until I got to A2's campaign. Frame rate started going a bit shit then.
It's definitely not well optimised when one considers how lacking detail it is.

Note how his fighting games are Japanese.

Holyshit, how did I not notice this? Dear lord what kind of autism is it going to take to connect the Watchers references from Automata to the rest of the games?

They don't if (not)ending Y is canon.

Only the ones you fight do the thing that causes ending Y. There are probably millions more that survived.

Does anyone have a link to the extra reel from the making of that t-shirt commercial? I can't fucking find it and trying to find things on twitter's search engine is giving me cancer.

2B OR NOT 2B?

Why did the nudity mods have to use such crappy obviously generic textures made for western shit games like Skyrim? Why isn't there a mod to see 9S in nothing but his spats yet?

VERY FUNNY THAT YOU SHOULD SAY THAT
SINCE THAT'S LITERALLY THE STORY

THAT'S_THE_JOKE.JPG
THANK YOU CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK

Is this game really worth $60 or is it a meme?

they'd have to replace his model from the neck down with one of the naked scanner skeletons laying around, and then re-texture the whole thing.

This was my sentiment as well. Levels don't add anything mechanically to this game except for fucking you over for exploring too much. I was level 65 when I beat route C/D and did so practically instantly.
Hard mode and Very Hard mode don't really fix this since they only punish you more for fucking up. They do make the enemies behave a bit smarter, and bosses have larger movesets, but when they go down instantly it doesn't really matter does it?
Instead I would have done what you suggested and made chips the primary way of augmenting your stats. I would also add that in such a system the buffs you get from player's chips should either last longer or permanently until you loot another corpse (or die of course).

Hard and Very Hard just affect how much damage you take and how enemies behave.

But the criteria for E is beating C and D.

If we're going to slap a bandaid on this it'd probably just be easier to set everything to the same level.

It's pretty good, but
Just wait for a sale if you can't get it any cheaper.

Adam and Eve create the Cathedral City and throw it into the past, obviously :^)

I'm thinking the main theme of nier is the death of the author/creator. Considering the series started with the world being invaded by a dragon from another dimension, with the dragon asking "is this the land of the gods?" more literally interpreted as creators - quite literally the developers. With the world destroyed and considering further that the ultimate ending of nier automata has you killing the names of the creators to defy their wishes of letting the game close, putting you in a position of triumph over their wishes

this is all taking into account yoko taro's comments during the toco toco interview where he talked about wanting to create games as a kid, and now that he's finally gotten to make the games he wants to, he's like a boss in an RPG waiting to be defeated by an upstart.

and also, considering the DLC announced has you fighting creators…I think this is a big part of Yoko Taro's directorial style and a key element to his creation of themes. Creators are killed constantly, or kept alive as if they were puppets, or illusions. It's a lot to think on.

What do you think?

Blatantly wrong.

god you're sad

You don't have to run the game on an ssd. The loading issues where the game stutters when going into different areas is due to poor optimization. The GPU usage drops to 20% when you go to a new are for some reason.

I don’t think so, no. That’s not how it works.

Also, emotionless girls are often the best. Take Yuki Nagato. Who the fuck wants some bubbly verve bitch, anyway?

anybody got a bd rip of this
or willing to download, rip and upload it somewhere better
jpfiles.eu/2017/04/17/bdiso-岡部啓一-nier-music-concert-talk-live-blu-ray≪滅ビノシロ-再生ノクロ/

Enemies still generally die too quickly. Set everything to the same level, and buff enemy HP, especially on the harder modes.

I think you're right on the money considering the Automata opens with 2B wondering if she'll ever get to kill God. I just hope there isn't some fourth wall ass-pull in a future game where Taro says he is the Watchers. I want that shit to have an in-universe explanation.

nah it is from prison school

Can we have more pictures of best girl 2A?

yea but go watch Urotsukidoji it will change your life.

user pls

I want to pat and lick A2's cute tummy.

Yeah you're right. Maybe make it so you're locked in at one level, enemies are 5 levels above you and bosses are another 5 above that? I'm just trying to think of the simplest way to do it without making too many changes.

Never change Holla Forums
e
v
e
r
c
h
a
n
g
e
\V\

No levels, buffer enemies. The damage multipliers for changing difficulties need not change from what they are now.

How do you even get to fight Emil? I did his lunar tear quest, got to his underground home and I thought that was the end of it. I didn't see any other side quest for a continuation of it. Is this something that happens on your second playthrough?

Get to your second playthrough first. Talk to him. Go to the place. Take the item. Talk to him again. Go back to the place. Take the second item, which is only available from route B onward. Leave.

Given their penchant for fusion to create bigger robots I hoped the dlc would have stubbies inspired by A2/2B to try and form colossal fembots with machine lifeform heads for boobs

There better more unique bosses then the fucking CEO bullshit.

I like A2 more than 2b

That's not how canon works in this series. Every branch keeps going. Check the official flowchart.

Technically every ending is canon, but when only certain endings get sequels and non-vidya supplemental stories, those endings tend to feel much truer than others. Besides, if there was a paradoxical loop that created the Watchers in this way, wouldn't that make the branch in which the events giving rise to the magical phenomena the true original branch because it would be the source of all the others?

That's so epic for teh win, XD!

anyone remember the purpose of the machines? in the philosophical way, not just "evolution".
All I remember is, they created YoRHa after eliminating the aliens so they can have an endless war and evolve; learn from humanity. What else?

Almost took your post seriously for a second there.

No they didn't. They gimped themselves, by disconnecting many machines from the network/hivemind, so they can have an endless war. YoRHa was created by high ranking androids to boost android morale. The machines don't decide evolution is their purpose until they acquire information about humanity Project Gestalt and undergo the shift to become the Red Girl. The goal at that point being evolution is why they created the Tower and left an entrance to the Tower from the ground so that you can challenge them. They decided to destroy YoRHa, who was planning to self destruct via the machines anyways, even though the goal was no longer war because it was the only perceived threat to the Tower.

Beating him there will drop what is probably the only weapon you're missing at this point. Max it and the rest to start Emil's Determination. You should be able to pick up the quest at the same place you started Emil's Memories.

Also when you say you got to his home are you referring to the place with all the Lunar Tears? Because that isn't his home. There's an open pipe at the top of the crater close to the sewer entrance to the Amusement Park. Follow the chain of events the other user laid out for you to get it all going.

I thought they weren't gonna go there but then they started talking about playing with eachother.

Where did you come up with that theory?

I assume he made it up when he realized that the Emil clones are somehow connected to the Watchers.

Connection to the Watcher? the only remote connection he could have is that he's basically infused with maso. Is there some connection that I missed from all the Nier stuff out there?

See the webm in and if you still don't get it, read the filename, and if you still don't get it, go fucking play drakengard.

Emil just can't catch a break now can he.

Alright, so I finally got to the point of beating the game, got me that ending E, and I just have one question.
Where did the pods get new black boxes? Did they jack cores from some machine bodies? I thought all the YoRHa black boxes were dead, that was the trigger for the pods to delete all YoRHa data in the first place.

(checked)
That shit was the only time a video game has ever made me get emotional, all teary eyed and everything.

>I thought all the YoRHa black boxes were dead
Except they're not. Remember, you even fought other 2B models. Besides that, there are members of YoRHa who survived (probably didn't know the truth though), since you take a sidequest from one of them as 9S inside the Forest Kingdom castle.

Right before the beginning of Ending E, the pods report that all YoRHa black boxes are offline. That's the entire reason 153 initiated the memory deletion in the first place and 042 went on his suicide mission to save their memories.

Offline just means not turned on, it doesn't necessarily mean they're not usable. Also The BB is just a power source as far as I know, it doesn't contain their memories.

I wanna fuck that.

One of the data archives mentions:

This, to me, suggests the black box is more than just a mere power source.

Okay, let me put it this way. The black box serves as a pseudo brain which contains the arrangement of electric signals that make up a unit's consciousness (and unconsciousness?). Their memories and the data on their consciousness are uploaded to storage on the network from the black box. This allows them to be transferred to another physical unit with another black box. I'd consider this a form of teleportation death. When they shut down/sleep, is the consciousness data still actively changing, or is it saved to hard memory until they wake up? Depending on the answer, they may be considered "dead" whenever they sleep as well.

My idea that a box being offline doesn't necessarily mean it can't be brought online still stands. After all the "They were made from scavenged machine cores in the first place.**

0/10, would not fug.

But can you fight Tim Schafer?

Yoko Taro was already in the base game and the previous, so it rhymes.

Was this a mod? Where was he and what map?

Normally ego stroking is part of advanced negotiation technique.

Say you are in the real estate business. There is a guy selling his building because he's retiring, first you connect with him on a personal level, and then you make your offer which should be as low as you can imagine, and lower than that and then you offer to put the guy's name on the building to get this offer pass through.

Part of the Paradise Lost DLC. Said DLC also allowed you to "pay your respects" to the grave of gaming journalism.

You're missing the entire point. This isn't a business negotiation, this is self-ego stroking.

That's with defensive chips and being overleveld in some cases.

Sad but true. And never change, you high integrity CIS scum shitlords :^)

RX 480 is among the trash cards, still can't play with 17.4.2 drivers without crashes tied to sword swinging in the intro, unless you downgrade to 16.10 or something.

Can anyone confirm if a R7 260X or GTX 760 fully works with Automata?

YoRHa was destroyed before the Tower was built, and the (((council of humanity))) on the moon is still untouched, they were, or still are, building new YoRHa to sacrifice again.

The junkies near the oil lake are most probably alive and "well".

Oh so you think Yoko or Platinum never had a negotiation process ever in the making of this game?

is this one of the greatest soundtracks ever? Is the choir in this song the development team?

You're missing that these two guys are already the final bosses of the game, as they're the last two names in the credits.

>they were, or still are, building new YoRHa to sacrifice again.
They who? Can you specify this one?
>YoRHa was destroyed before the Tower was built
How does that contradict my point that YoRHa was destroyed because it would a be a threat to the tower? Wouldn't it be better to kill the man with the gun before you paint a giant target on your chest?

Okay, I get what you're saying now, I was just being retarded.

I'm using a GTX 660 and I only had significant slowdown during the A2 section of the tower ascent boss. Played the rest on 1280x960 with effects on high and everything else on low and it played better than most games released in 2015/2016.

It could be, frankly I don't quite understand the tower or what it harvests, it can digest androids in 28 minutes? What is sure is that YoRHa was designed to be exterminated inhumanely, which makes the "it was decided it was inhumane to place standard AI in the YoRHa units" nonsensical, don't they have an insane concept of "inhumane"? The council on the moon still sent messages after YoRHa was destroyed saying they were building new units, probably what they said to Androids on Earth when A2 squad got sent to die. And they will probably select the personalities they like and not use those they don't, like how there are no upbeat girl that raises moral personality, but they did reuse A2's seemingly neutral personality. But does that mean that Jackass for example has an AI, and YoRHa units have blackboxes? So by inhumane maybe they thought "unAI", so they found a way to create soldiers that were unlike them and in fact alike machines so that they would feel okay to dispose them. That would mean that the IT team on the moon are androids and not YoRHa.

tl;dr : Glory to Mankind.

Just finished it the first time with the A routeI couldn't find the time to be faster but since nothing even really hints at the final act I missed over half the sidequests…

kek

THERE IS NO COUNCIL ON THE MOON.

**There is no council, but there is a server, allegedly information on the human genome and a small team that handles things.

YoHRa is the project, the council of humanity is part of the YoHRa project, not the other way around, so you are right in a way, there is no council, but wrong in not mentioning the full story.**

Oh so greentext breaks spoilers I guess.

>frankly I don't quite understand the tower or what it harvests
Depends on which character you believe. If you believe A2, then it is a cannon, and was harvesting materials to make a missile to destroy the moon server. If you believe 9S, it was harvesting materials to build the ark. Either way, it was also collecting information about the world, because gaining knowledge is the fastest route toward evolution, after all, it wasn't until they gained information about humanity that they underwent the Red Girl shift.

If you think that's why your spoiler failed, then you a massive fucking newfag and should remove your OS chip.

They're not technically missable in the long run. It's fine.

Oh, so if I am getting this right by looking at this thread Nier is more akin to E.Y.E and needs more playthroughs.

Is there an AWAKEN MY MASTERS version of this?

Proposal noted.

Actually I just had an epiphany while making a protein shake, "Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped…in a never-ending spiral of life and death."

Killing YoRHa, and selecting things to reuse, that's what nature (or God) does to us and always has. In a game where robots strangely mimic humanity on Earth, it then mimics our very foundation. We are designed to be terminated, and then replaced, sometimes with straight copies, because our personality worked, those that don't work do not get reused. We developed many features, hate, jealousy, love, all things that have been proved to be useful, all what we have have been earned through countless death and tries, but we do not remember that because we're new individuals based on our ancestors. It's how advanced intelligent species on this planet work and maybe the only way that it can work. But for YoRHa, the process of termination is different than humans, an intelligent life form is playing god with them, leading to 2B's sentiment to wanting to kill that thing.

A-E are required to say you've actually finished the game. A-C is the bulk, D-E are different endings of the C playthrough, and E is the true ending. You get a chapter select thing after C so it is quick to go back to get the other endings and side-quests.

Do everything you want to do with chapter select before doing E if you aren't a dick and also don't care for playing the game again. If your a completionist, there is some hidden shit that won't jump out at you and tell you to complete it but it is non-essential to have a full experience of the game.

So I've come to the conclusion that there aren't actually any set of beings called "Watchers," and that that is simply the end result of any extremely long lived/cross dimensional being. Given that such a being is an inevitability, combined with the fact that all magic (maso) is drawing interference across worldlines/dimensions, such beings would resonate with each, becoming a seeming "group" despite their complete isolation.

This is why the Black Flower, Machine Tower and Watcher/Empire machines are all similar, they're the end of evolution for all lines.

I thought the Watchers were literally the giant lightning babies from the sky? I thought they were gods?

It's a bit more complicated than that when you take 3 and Nier into account. Also, the fact that the Girl in the Red Dress is straight up impersonating Manah, as well as the crazed rantings of the Emils.

Wait, The Girl in the Red Dress is two characters? Fuck.

They got inspired by Devola and Popola's scheme but then it was their undoing.

Apparently they're in the play.

>The Girl in the Red Dress
When did we start calling it that? I've only ever heard it called the the Red Girl, or N2.

>they're in the play.
Devola an Popola, or the Red Girl(s)?

Would u fug Red Dress Girl even though she has that watcheresque voice

Terminal Alpha/Beta, the Red Girls. That's why they know A2.

It runs on a 760. Attached is my toaster specs.
I have it set to 1600x900 and a mix of low/high graphical settings. Only time it gets laggy is during cut scenes which seems like everyone has problems with.

I played with a R7 260X and a phenom II X3 720 you read that right, I haven't upgraded my CPU in over 5 years at low 30s to 45fps with everything (except SSAO) on low. I got a small performance boost by lowering the lighting effects with FAR, but nothing significant. I occasionally get stutters if I'm fighting a large enemy in an area with fog effects (this seems to be the biggest hit on frames imo), but it's silky smooth 40~ frames most of the time.
Is it playable? Yes, if you think you can put up with the above. You probably have a better cpu, so you wont get as shit an experience, but this is just as an example of what can run Nier.

Also, if you're willing to turn off SSAO and the lighting system with FAR, then you'll probably get better frames. Both those settings make the game look decent, even with everything on low, so I prefer slightly lower frames in exchange.

don't stick your dick in a network/hivemind user.

dang, that $400 console killer circa 2013 really didn't hold up, did it?

oh fug

please stop buying amd cards to save yourself the trouble.

So I don't remember my exact graphics card number, and I can't be arsed to do more than a basic dxdiag check, but I have an R9 200-something, 280x I think, and I was able to run the game. Some rare visual glitches, big ol' blank faces that stick out into the world and only show from certain angles, but nothing game breaking (except for one time in the city when a giant blank wall obscured Engels and I had to restart the game).

Still my favorite game of the year.

Wrong thread.

Tell me about 2B. Why does she wear the mask?

Drakengard 2 was a pile of shit but that one bossfight against the Shadow Manahs was pretty fucking boss.

I finally got ending E tonight. I teared up in the credits sequence when you fail the bullet hell a bunch of times and it offers help from other players, and they sing along with the ending theme

the worst thing is the death messages. It's really rare to see something like this happen in video games.

I put more than 50 hours into this game for a first playthrough and kept being surprised by all the weird little interesting ideas the game has packed into it. I don't think I've ever played anything like it.

it recycles some ideas from the original nier but it really did push things that little bit farther to make it that little bit more impactful.

[I'm serious even though it's a game.][So, ][you find this fun too don't you?]

trully you never seen a toaster in your life

youtu.be/JZxyzqbw5kE
Anybody know where I can find these with English subtitles, or if an English subtitled version, official or not, even exists?

>Adam and Eve are discarded halfway through the game after being set up as big-bads without any explanation of who they really are, why they can duplicate instead of die, or how they got control of the network despite being born a week ago
>no explanation as to why Adam and Eve are in the android database as "unit" as if they were regular androids
>Eve's Cult of The Watchers tattoos not explained or even mentioned in any way
>Not even an off the cuff comment about why the desert machines all dress in the mask and robes of the King of Facade
>no name or anything for the android ruling body in any way, shape, or form
>Devola and Popola get introduced and then thrown away after like 20 lines of dialogue and one small bit of background, which I guess is more than A&E got, but still
>no explanation as to how machines got the confidential files for android ruling body's plans and secrets. Thought for a second that maybe the machines were controlling them all along but there was never any info for or against that thought because we got none whatsoever
>2B is supposed to be torn up about having to kill 9S a lot but we're never really shown that. A few shots of her having to have killed him off a few times in the past and then act as if she'd never met him over and over would have really added to it, instead she really only kills him once and they act like it was a big deal
In the end I think, after going through all 5 main routes and doing about 80% of the side quests, I can safely say I really didn't enjoy that very much.
The plot points were very disjointed, some events being completely pointless wastes of time even, and no one even had a damn goal, just followed orders and walked around with a thumb up your ass, fighting off random people just because. I think the most annoying one, besides all the missing info on actually interesting points, was that A2 was made out to be some badass rogue chick with a secret revenge agenda who was betrayed by command and knows something you don't, and instead is just running around killing machines with no goal like some murderhobo.
I was pumped to get some answers or see something tied back to Drakengard in some way (remember how humans were wiped out by WCS, a disease that turned you to salt? Actually they were being connected to an evil god back in Midgard and if they refused it's power they turned to salt, if they accepted they went berserk. I wanted the machine little girls to be connected to a satanic force or something, but really they were just modeled to look like Manah because fuck it) but instead got nothing for clarification and some feel-good ending about the powers of friendship between three characters that had no goals or motivations and were just stumbling around doing fuck all for most of the game, giving me zero reason to care for them.
As a massive fan of Nier, and someone who really liked the entire cast of characters from N1, I was really rather disappointed and hope Yoko Taro hasn't lost the touch.
Music was great though.

>no name or anything for the android ruling body in any way, shape, or form
This bothers me because people keep asking these "who?" questions to which my only answer is an unnamed entity.
>no explanation as to how machines got the confidential files for android ruling body's plans and secrets.
I don't think they do.
>she really only kills him once and they act like it was a big deal
I really think the impact of ending A could have been improved if it cut off right before the blinking began.
>no explanation as to why Adam and Eve are in the android database as "unit" as if they were regular androids
You mean the enemy bestiary? Why would they be different from anything else?
Doesn't Yoko leave a fuck ton of shit extremely vague in all his games anyways so he can pump out supplemental lore bull to make money in between games?
Do them all. There are very few that aren't worth doing to most people who like Taro's stories.

I'm not going to bother spoilering all this so be warned. Also Automata is the only game in the Drakengard series I've played so I can't really answer the more lore based questions, other than the little I do know about the previous games.

First of all, the game is ultimately about 2B and 9S's relationship as well as what it means to be "human" and some shit about repeating cycles. The larger story and how it connects to the rest of the franchise is largely window dressing to this main point, as well as making the game not a massive waste of time for fans of the previous game. This game is supposed to be something SE wanted to sell well, after all, so it was overall designed to stand on it's own rather than be something you would only understand if you played several previous games that weren't very popular. That being said, that doesn't completely excuse some of the criticisms you brought up, so I'll try to address those where I disagree.
My theory for why these two were built up so heavily is that they were probably there to bait and switch the player, to have them think that there's an obvious final boss and to be surprised when the game continues after they're killed.
Throughout the game the robots seem to constantly be emulating and idolizing what little of humanity they know about, and I see Adam and Eve as being the final product of this emulation, two robots who are near perfect replicas of humans. Unless I'm forgetting something, Eve "duplicates" off of Adam merely as a not-so-subtle reference to the biblical Eve, who was born from Adams' rib. They have access to the network because all the robots are already connected, A&E are probably just powerful enough to control them.
I don't recall seeing this myself, but if it is there than that probably means Adam and Eve were made by Yorha (or who/whatever controls Yorha) to be "plants" in the robot network to further the war.
Might just be an Easter Egg, might be a hint at A&E's true creators/purpose. Again, I don't know much about the other games to make a good guess.
Same as above, but the robots had access to a large amount of knowledge relating to humans, so maybe that was in there somewhere.
Might just be a question left open to be revealed in subsequent games/expansions. Or it's intended to be left mysterious because it doesn't really matter that much.
I can see that as being a genuine gripe for fans, but to a non-fan like me their presence was already enough of an ass-pull and spending more time building them up for unfamiliar players would just slow down the game. So they were probably left underdeveloped for pacing purposes.
POST TOO LONG FUCK

Ok, I think you missed a big reveal in the story. After humanity died the androids had no purpose and after the robots came and were effectively a non-threat, someone/thing decided it was a good idea to build Yorha and pit them against the robots, while puppet-mastering everything to keep the androids from wiping out the robots. This was achieved by putting in a backdoor into Yorha and intentionally leaving it open for the robots to eventually take advantage of. In the millennia since the robots invaded earth this is implied to happen multiple times. Yorha is founded, Yorha fights robots, robots gain the upper hand, Yorha is destroyed, remaining androids reform Yorha eventually, etc. It's a big cycle to keep things going for… some as of yet unexplained reason, now go buy the new DLC.
Go start a new game and listen to 2Bs opening monologue again. She has done this so many times she is completely numb on the outside. It's supposed to be super sad and heart wrenching go cry for poor robot. It's subtlety and the implication that 2B has killed 9S dozens of time is precisely why it's so gut wrenching when you realize it yourself. Showing it so blatantly would ruin one of the best aspects of the story.

I think you missed the larger themes and overall point of the story because you went into expecting a sequel to nier, which is really unfortunate. I could only pay attention to and understand what was directly presented to me, and I feel I got a really gratifying experience from the game and was completely satisfied because of it. Knowing that the game was only greenlit by SE under the promise that Yoko had to make it a good game, I can only guess that Yoko made Automata with the intent of not relating it to the other games as an ironic "fuck you" to the fans who didn't make Nier1 a big success. If you went into Automata with little knowledge of the previous games, you got a great story about two tragic characters, but if you went into it expecting a true sequel/continuation of N1, you got blue balls.

Then why do they have YoRHA info in the library
No, I mean the file from the library, Library Index, which refers to Eve Unit and Adam Unit

Really? I didn't get that feeling at all. It seemed to me that YoRHA was established for morale reasons, but was built to be wiped out so no one would be left, except for the ruling body and the server admins, that could possibly let out the secret that humanity was extinct. It seemed like a one time thing. A2 is the prototype after all, so she must be multiple thousands of years old, which I guess is possible since Devola and Popola are from the Gestalt days 9k years ago
I guess this is my own problem, since personally I thought the characters were okay, but didn't really care for them. 2B was stoic and follows orders, she has no motivation outside of "do thing commander tells me". Later on you learn her real assignment and she gets more emotional, which adds to it, sure, but I still just kind of sat there waiting for the feels that never came. 9S seemed sketchy to me from the start, and I immediately didn't trust him or any suggestion he made. My initial guess was that he was actually a spy unit sent by command to keep 2B from sympathizing with the machines. Later on he starts to go crazy with grief and shit and I really just saw him as a stupid kid with no real empathy towards him.
I didn't really go in for a sequel, but I was hoping for connections and references to build up the world at least. The only time I felt teary eyed was Emil's lunar tear quest and finding Kaine's shack. If the characters had at least gripped me like Nier had, I would have been fine, but they just never clicked with me at all.
Personally I loved the cast of Nier and sympathized with all their shitty lives, as well as really liking Nier himself and his quest to save his daughter. Devola, Popola, King, Kaine, Emil; they all touched me and the world was incredibly interesting to me. In Automata, however, no one stood out to me, and I didn't even really feel anything at Pascal's last scene, despite him being one of the better ones, I just thought "shit dude, that's rough, but shit like this is what it feels like to be human". The only one (that wasn't Emil) that got any emotion from me was disgust towards the chick from the android couple questline.

That's really fucking out there user. Neither group had plants in the enemy's ranks and there's nothing to support they did.

The androids never become aware of this fact until the Machine research report by Jackass. Also, even though the machines won't wipe out the androids, they can sure hell kill an endless amount of them and make sure the androids can never have peace while on Earth.
No, high ranking androids (the unnamed android ruling body) took notice of the decline in android morale as the truth of humanity's extinction spread, so they created YoRHa for the purpose of falsifying humanity's existence in order to re-instill android morale.
This wasn't to avoid wiping out the machines, but instead to complete the falsification of humanity's existence by eliminating the evidence of the project to falsify said information, that is, YoRHa itself.
This is a fair possibility, but I like to believe that our YoRHa is the first in the chain because A2 is described as a prototype, if I'm not mis-remembering here.
Word of humanity's extinction gets out, YoRHa is formed to boost android morale with its destruction predetermined, machines evolve, take down YoRHa as planned, and fuck off to space leaving other machines to evolve again, word of humanity's extinction gets out…
I think many conversations between 2B and 9S are like this. How they illogically and suspiciously vocally deny the machines are evolving, but occasionally let something slip about how that's not what they really think. 2B knows if 9S follows a path that's wrongthink by YoRHa standards, she may have to kill him again. At some unknown point, 9S is aware of 2B's purpose, and tries to avoid wrongthink so she doesn't kill him. Without the context of 2B's purpose, most of the conversations about the topics that could lead to her being given the order to kill him seem very awkward and contradictory.
This probably killed a lot of people. They should know by now, that sure all the stories are sad, but that aside, Taro never makes the same game twice.

You do know that was after the Red Girl took over and blew up YoRHa HQ, right? They were after knowledge at that point and most certain archived all the information on base before blowing it up. This is where YoRHa fails every cycle. They plan for the machines to hack and destroy, but they don't plan for them to seek knowledge, thus the secret of humanity's extinction gets out via the machines, just like it did with Jackass's report which was made with information gathered from the destroyed tower.
The feels have not even begun.

There could be multiple parts to each cycle, which is where I see, but don't strongly believe, the possibility that our YoRHa is not the first in the chain.
>Word of humanity's extinction gets out, Proto-YoRHa is tested, YoRHa is formed to boost android morale with its destruction predetermined, machines evolve, take down YoRHa as planned, and fuck off to space leaving other machines to evolve again, word of humanity's extinction gets out…

Thanks for clarifying what I got wrong, it's been a few weeks since I finished the game.

I think I found something interesting between us, user. When I read about the quest with Emil I intentionally avoided doing it, as someone who never played Nier I thought it would feel really pointless to do such an important quest without having any emotional attachment to the characters involved, in what I expect is similar to how you feel about the characters in Automata. You say you sympathized with the cast of Nier, while I sympathized with the characters in Automata in kind of a similar way, and it's a pretty personal reason as well.
I believe before Automata came out, Yoko Taro tweeted the phrase "You're just thinking about how much you want to ** 2B, aren't you?" in response to all the sexy fanart that everyone including myself was enjoying. When I started playing Automata I ended up appreciating 2B both as a sexy design and as a character overall, so much so that when I got to route B I really disliked the fact that I was playing as 9S, overall I liked him a lot less than 2B. Without going into too much detail as to why, I would say 9S is the real main character of the game (he is who you play as the longest after all) and the whole reason you start the game as 2B is intended to have the player idolize her in the same way that 9S does. Unknowingly I found myself identifying with 9S more and more in this regard, and increasingly getting invested in the game because of it. Then at the end of route B when 9S is getting mindhacked by Adam, that line comes up again, "You're just thinking about how much you want to ** 2B, aren't you?" It made me realize how much I felt like 9S and how we both idolized 2B, it's one of the few times a video game made me stop for a moment and think about how I directly related to the characters. I ended up liking 9S a lot more because of it.
Also
that quest was supposed to forshadow 2B and 9S's true relationship with one another
still feel disgusted?

These happen to look familiar to anyone else?

No, that is a quote from Eve. He says it to 9S. It could mean fuck or kill. What Taro tweeted in response to the lewd art was that he wanted someone to put everything in a zip file once a week for himself and for easy distribution.

>that quest was supposed to forshadow 2B and 9S's true relationship with one another.
I hadn't actually thought about that analogy.

What specifically about them is supposed to look familiar? Are you saying the souls look similar to something in Automata?

maybe that's another diverting path for us. You see, while I do think 2B is hot looking, I wasn't really ever thinking about her looking hot. I'd look at her ass from time to time but never jerked it to her or felt attracted, it was just eye candy.
I guess it would have made it more compelling, but sadly I finished that line after doing Route C, so I already knew all about it by then.

yes, it looks a lot like the machine "souls", which, like half the damn things in this game apparently, leave me wondering if that's on purpose at all or if Taro is sticking references in for the sake of it with no meaning

The future will accelerate in smugposting until we reach the smugularity. Both humans and strong ai will engage in never ending smugposts.

Yo anybody knows who this girl is? Will she reveal herself later on? Or in another playthrough?

Keep playing mang

i caught this after restarting a new playthrough. Suddenly started seeing her everywhere. It's a real trip

CRACK WHEN.

Yesterday.

What if Yoko Taro directed a game with Shindol as a lead writer?

Seriously? Sweet.

Geez user, you're being a real no-fun faggot. This idea seems fun to me and I can't wait to try it out.

What's the message to this game? That robots are people too or some pozzed shit like that?

nah
the people are dead
the robots created by the aliens are people too
the robot people created by the people are actually created from the robots created from the aliens

It's existentialism/philosophy of mind 101 with sexy maids and funny robots, essentially.

Only the YoRHa are.

Not all of them only YorHa units. The androids already existed when humans were still alive, thousands of years before the alien invasion.

The real question is: were the aliens there to investigate the maso?

Anyone got that animated gif of Toobey shaking her ass and moving it in a way that spells out 2B? Thanks

LOTTA ANGST FOR A MASS PRODUCED ANDROID

Or perhaps she's wondering why you'd stab a machine, after throwing yourself out of a flight unit.

There's still no western release date for the DLC? Fuck man what's taking so long?!

Here ya go.

This is my biggest complaint about the game. Everything is so great, but I made the mistake of equipping a +50% xp gain chip shortly after meeting emil and the game became progressively easier, to the point that the last couple of bosses were a joke.

So it's explained in Route C that YoRHa aren't real AI because making them such would be inhumane. Does that mean all non-YoRHa androids are real AI? Have almost all the shitty fetch quests I've been doing from people more human than I am?

It's not that they aren't real AI, it's that they aren't made with the same cores as the other androids, but ones harvested from machines. It doesn't actually make a lick of a difference in the end.

At least you can talk. Who are you?

A couple things that confused me about the plot, hopefully some anons can clear them up for me.

What is the significance of 2B actually being 2E? She only kills 9S once by my count (not counting the mutual black box detonation) It also makes no sense that despite being an E model, which I understand as being designed to kill other androids, she can't attack other androids in route E until 9S hacks her. It just seems like a totally wasted plot point.

Why does all of YoRHa need to be destroyed upon the conclusion of project YoRHa? It makes no sense to me to wipe out all the elite android units for the sake of some silly project, it only hurts the war effort.

In YoRHa Betrayers sidequest is there ever any indication of what those 3 androids really did to warrant a hit being put out on them?

Who we are doesn't matter. What matters is our mission.

route C*

It is implied that she killed him many times in the past. Hence her "it always ends like this" line. 9S discovered the truth about humanity many times and every time 2B/E would kill him. It's why the commander was so lax to tell the truth to 9S.

YoRHa had to be destroyed because of the likes of 9S who'd eventually find the truth and blow the lid off of the whole operation. No survivors = no one to refute the humanity moon base claims.

I don't think anything is ever explicitly said but I imagine that they found out the truth.

It's also implied that 21O is aware that 2B is 2E, as she warns 9S to keep careful about that shit.

Huh, thanks anons. That clears some stuff up I suppose. I'm still confused as to why 2B can't attack the other androids in route C until 9S hacks her

And I just don't see how blowing up the existing YoRHa is going to stop members of the new organization they make from uncovering the truth about the moon base. All it will take is for some curious android to go rooting around in the server like 9S did and they're right back at square 1.

I'm also really confused about how death works for the androids. We see that 9S has died multiple times yet he comes back right as rain, but for other androids–including YoRHa members–death is much more permanent. For instance, we never see or hear from any of the YoRHa units that die at the very start of the game in route A.

>I'm still confused as to why 2B can't attack the other androids in route C until 9S hacks her
I'd imagine they change their IFF sig when the mission starts, and that 2B's or any E unit's 'list' auto-updates according to certain parameters. The hacked androids didn't meet those, as the E line's mission is to keep the real mission of YorHa secret.

>It also makes no sense that despite being an E model, which I understand as being designed to kill other androids, she can't attack other androids in route E until 9S hacks her. It just seems like a totally wasted plot point.

In the supplmentary material she has to manually turn off the chip in order to assassinate but she was currently in the middle of an EMP attack which made destroying the chip much faster than trying to fight her circuits freaking out. She still has one.

>In YoRHa Betrayers sidequest is there ever any indication of what those 3 androids really did to warrant a hit being put out on them?

They probably learned the truth would be the most likely reason, as the reason they were killed was classified. YoRHa doesn't just waste resources.

The server exploded dude. 9S didn't hack the moon server he hacked the base server which had information about the moon server. Nobody has access to the moon server except Commander who is dead, and the server which had information about the moon is gone. Andriods would have to launch a rocket to the moon and physically get to the server there to find out the truth which is unlikely to say the least.

I'm very glad that my 280 broke just before this game came out. All modern games look shit on it. It has that off putting jagged effect on every texture no matter what graphic settings you use, as if it uses negative AA or something.

>I'm also really confused about how death works for the androids. We see that 9S has died multiple times yet he comes back right as rain, but for other androids–including YoRHa members–death is much more permanent. For instance, we never see or hear from any of the YoRHa units that die at the very start of the game in route A.

It mostly concerns whether or not they have connection to the server. Most andriods in this game get a bit touchy about having their memories wiped as they're "no longer the same person" so while those andriods in the first mission did die and were probably revived (except one for reasons I'll state later) they'll be brought back but be "different". With 9S, he is always killed and his data from when he learns the truth is erased so like the beginning he acts a little weird at first. After the moon server is down, all YoRHa andriods that die are dead permanently, as there is no place to back up their new data or order the new body. The pods rebuild them but without the memories of the events which is why they are worried about repeating everything In Addition. 9S is so god damn useful that it is better to wipe his memories and let him run around until he finds the truth again, kill him, wipe memories, repeat. On the flip side, if a model is really shitty, there is no reason for YoRHa to continue rebuilding that model everytime it dies as it's a waste of resources.

For that very last line we do actually, there's an entire quest trying to find the dead body of one of the andriods who was involved that tried to go AWOL after she got shot down. She died slowly as logic virus destroyed her.

meant for

In order to go AWOL she severed her connection to the server and most likely the server can pick up on you doing that and considered you AWOl i.e. no longer optionally for the revive.

I literally just finished route E. Took me an hour of bullshit trying to get through the credits manually before I decided to check my PC online to see if there's an easier way, then found out that I needed to have my PS4 connected online then get help. Hearing that chorus when the rescue pods came in while that played was amazing.

Also regarding the current discussion on 9S, wasn't it stated that his model was just super high end that they already expected him to find out the truth about YoRHa at some point? Hence why they needed a handy executioner nearby. He was probably also too useful to permanently dispose of so they settle for the hard reset approach.

And if 21O knew like someone else said, that really explains how distant she was despite being infatuated with the ideas of family.

Fuck I meant the base server I apologize.

I wanna fuck that rabbit.

Was killing your lover over and over again part of your plan?

It's standard AI they considered inhumane. They didn't consider the machines capable of significant development, so they considered less than standard. They were wrong.

21O doesn't necessarily know the truth of YoRHa, though she likely does and is the person who informs the commander of 9S's shenanigans. All we can be certain of is that she knows her unit keeps dying in the field, likely after severing his connection to the base, and then is brought back as if nothing had happened.

>She only kills 9S once by my count
As others have stated, it's strongly implied that she killed him many times before. This is confirmed in a supplementary novella which you can read here nier2.com/2017/03/07/nierautomata-world-guide-novellas/ . The reason her killing him via black box reaction is significant is because she kept her memories but he did not, which is essentially what happens every time and is the reason she suffers. It's all the same to her. Take note of her clenching her fist when he tells her he lost some memory during your first visit to HQ. She not only angry/sad because the usual memory loss happened, but because he lied to her by omission by not telling her he backed up her memories. They shared a tearful moment of self-sacrifice together, but in reality, he was the only one sacrificing and she would bear the burden of having those memories alone.

I never got that feeling between the two. 9S probably wanted to ficky ficky but 2B was mostly just a friend that was incredibly torn up about having to murder her friend over and over and over again
Then again they did say Adam looked like a regular android despite not having a dick, so they likely don't have any, even fake, sex organs and the entire concept id foreign, relationships only being there for companionship
when Adam tells 9S "you want to #### 2B, don't you?", it could very well mean kill instead of fuck, since he found out 2B was there to murder him

I did not, this is true. Is it from saying that his voice sounds calming? Personally I couldn't stand the kid the entire game so I decided lolno when I saw that as an option

No. When he's testing your tactile response, keep saying you feel nothing. I thought it was just a gag at first, but further context reveals that it's important. Another thing to note supporting the fact that she loved him, are endings A/B. When she has to kill him, she doesn't just do it, she straddles him a very sexual manner and leans in very close to his face before she even begins to choke him. Also, when she's dying, she tells A2 to tell 9S something, though what she wants to tell him is never made clear. Finally, there's this weapon story that many are sure is from the perspective of 2B.

The choice happens at the very beginning, long before he has the chance to overstay his welcome for most people who dislike him.

This isn't a forum. The guy that (1) replied to only had (2) posts. Don't be such a faggot.

Did you make the ultimate sacrifice so that someone else could experience the true ending? Do you love the game?

He was defending the CEO boss bullshit. He deserves to be bullied.

I agree with him that the CEO bosses sound like a fun idea. You are a no-fun faggot.

Have fun sucking that corporate dick user.

I'm going to have fun kicking the shit out of that corporate dick.
Have fun being a joyless cunt who thinks post count matters. We're all very impressed by your (44)

Do you feel in charge?

Projecting a little hard there don't you think?

I don't know user I'm not you what else are you trying to say?

They must have something going on down there or the YoRHa operators wouldn't be trying to date each other.

That I think it will be fun to beat up Japanese businessmen. I don't know how you figured humiliation figured into it, but I guess having autism makes things hard to understand for you.

The machine cores?

I honestly felt 'how could I not'? It feels like in such a crapsack, miserable world such as Nier's Yoko Taro's final message wanted to be one of hope. Pod 42's questions just hammered in the point of what those other guys did.

I was smiling the whole time watching my stuff get deleted. I teared up a little actually, but I'm sure that was out of a sense of happiness since I still don't have any regrets.

the straddling didn't really look sexual to me, she was already directly in front of him so got closer so she could choke him. Also, you say it was never revealed what she said, but A2 tells him when they meet at the resource node that 2B wanted him to grow up into a good person. I took that to mean those were her last words.

doesn't have to be, they can experience joy, love, shit like that, so it could very well be that they simply like having a companion. 9S outright says they can't have kids, and if Adam is "a regular android" but has no dick, they might not have anything either. Could be just barbie doll down there.
I think a lot of games, books, movies, ect try to make you feel attached to a character by making them a love interest, and ignore things like family, brotherhood, friendship, ect. Yoko Taro might use either side, who the fuck knows, but since the first Nier was very vague with its romance (two very subtle scenes) and instead focused on paternal love, it would fit well for them to have just been friends.

yeah they look a lot like the machine cores to me, which paired with the red eyes and big Emils saying "la la la la la" brings up a lot of questions for me, but since the game was of a very different tone than the others, having almost zero magic and esoteric content whatsoever, I'm not sure if Taro isn't just putting in references that don't have any extra meaning.

There are two versions of the first NieR, and in the Nip version, A young fuccboi NieR gives his boipussy to an old faggot for money to take care of his sister. Also, Emil was gay for him, and even Kaine's interest in the MC was less vague. In the very first game, Caim's sister kills herself out of shame for her incestual love for him and one of your party members was a pedohpile. In DoD3, you gather a harem of men that you fuck on the regular. These are just some examples I could think of off the top of my head. If there was no sexual implications in this game, it would be the very first Taro game to not have them. His games have always explored sex.

To me that just means 9S is stating a basic fact that androids can't reproduce like us. As far as Adam goes, he seems to be what the machines consider an android to be, not like what the androids themselves do.

I'd bet good money that Taro would have given them dicks if he had true creative freedom. What exactly do they do when they "play"?

Nier just wasn't that into dickgirls I guess

he was
one of the scenes was kaine shouting to Tyrann during the final battle in ending C/D that she had finally found someone who accepted her as she was despite knowing she was a freak

there has been sex in the games, yes, but none have ever been explicitly about a lovers' affair. Caim was going to rescue his sister, Replicant Nier was too, Gestalt Nier was trying to rescue his daughter, Zero was trying to technically murder herself, and Nowe was, uh, doing things for reasons.

Makes sense, could be what he was going for, but we got zero answers to anything

gross af fam

What about the weapon story here?

we have no real idea which weapon stories belong to whom so it might be for 2B and it might not. Fans speculating that it is is about as stable a confirmation as the speculation that Emil goes back in time and becomes the watchers from earlier in this thread, or the hypothesis that the red eyes from the logic virus is the same madness from the white chlorination syndrome, which would mean the robots with the virus are being possessed by the watchers from across dimensions
The only weapon story I'm mostly sure of is the Dragoon Lance being about Angelus and Caim

I see what you mean by very vague. That could just mean something as simple as friendship.

Some of them are pretty obviously the stories of various characters in the games, like the two referencing each of the NeiRs. This one sounds like a pretty good description 2B's relationship to 9S.

By the way, I'm still confused by some of the stories. Not the weapon stories I mean but the picture books. Most were clear enough but the first one with the 'god coming out from a volcano' part wasn't too clear. Was this in reference to the destruction of the server from the Pearl Harbor drop, and that it gave the machines a sense of independence?

In the stage play it's gone over that andriods have their personalities based on human's (hence A2 is based on the original Kaine's personality) with this in mind the andriods do probably have the human emotion of love and lust even if they can't have physical sex. Haven't you ever heard that the most important sex organ is the brain when it comes to orgasms?

"Now you have to do it in 30 seconds without taking damage"

Fuck you Jackass

Sounds like you're right. I actually hadn't connected it to anything.

It's not hard.

Got any tips?

Use the damage up

Also, any recommended weapons or pod specials?

Strongest weapon, I like the pod that shoots lasers but it's really preference

Ok, thanks

I went with fists since they were fast. Also because they were the strongest thing I had. Damage up chips and shockwave chips stacked up help.

Also at ending E, during the credits battle, Pod 042 said "when we six connected". Who were the six?

There are four other pods I believe.

It's 6 if you count the 3 variants (missile, bullet, beam) for 9S and 2B respectively.

I don't recall any more than 042, 153, and the missile and laser pods we find later and the latter two can be missed. During the chat segments, only 042's and 153's were active as well from what I remember. I initially thought that it referred to the two pods and the three androids but that didn't make much sense since the numbers don't add up and 9S and A2 couldn't really be said to connect. What made me think of it though was from the 5 birds flying off and the sixth with A2 in the window but I'm probably putting too much thought into that.

Of course, the ending did show multiple pods so it could really just be referring to pods after all.

You fail to realize that not only does 2B have three pods (original 042, missile, beam) 9S has three pods (153, missile, beam) it adds up correctly as 042 (and all of 2B's other pods) transferred to A2.

You fail to realize that the ending is the same regardless of whether or not you get the extra pods.

Color me surprised

There's also a logical fallacy in counting those extra pods. You only ever find two extra, but somehow 2B and 9S end up with for distinct extra pods, 2B's extras match her pod's colors, and the same for 9S. The extras are essentially unimportant to the story in the same way that your weapons magically come with you when you self destruct near the beginning of route C.

Quick, someone run through the whole game and never pickup up the the extra pods just to test if there's a difference in the ending.

It explains where the pods that are carrying 042 for Ending E are from though. I'm not even certain how many pods could have survived the server breakdown. Especially with how many of their respective YoRHa units didn't.

We were on page 13, I have the next bread ready, but now our page says "?" and every other thread I've tried is giving a 502 error.

Well, 4S survived, so possibly his pod survived as well. There could be others.

It appear random which threads give me a 502.

Could be but do the pods have the ability to communicate over any network that isn't the base server without interacting? Reason 042 and 153 could talk to each other was because they had previously asked permissions for exchanging information via different route.

Are you sure? I thought they did that after the base went down and used it for their talks about their own emerging will.

I know for a fact they had to manually share information with each other at one point and update the other on the status of their respective andriod. I'm not certain what the pods were using to communicate with but it appeared to be different than commands standard channels. I'm not certain if the pods actually have their own entirely unique network or have short range communications but the latter seems more likely considering the way they talked to each other via logs.

New thread.

Benis