Action games general

Would I be wrong in Saying that Ninja Gaiden Black is objectively the best action game? What I mean by that is out of every action game Ninja Gaiden Black seems to have the least amount of flaws.

Bayonetta has QTE's and the arcadey gameplay segments that while fun not optional.
DMC1 (my personal favorite game) I could say has few flaws, but it still has the Mundus flying fight which I here people hate. also it's Gameplay was surpassed by DMC 3 and 4.
DMC3 has the Arkham Bossfight which is just horrendous on higher difficulties, and DMC 4 is a very unfinished game.

Ninja Gaiden Black seems to be the only action game that doesn't have any bullshit in it. Your always Ryu and you can always play how you want.
The same could be said for (360) Ninja Gaiden 2, though I think it's agreed upon that Black is better.
What do you think?

Also

Nah, I would say DMC3 is the best if not by a small amount.

Also we haven't seen a game like Prototype in a while, someone should get on that.

I'd say it should be recommended to play Black or Sigma last. I still have yet to play something close to it and it's sequels never quite captured the things that made the first game great.

If we count the Style Switcher mod then I would agree that DMC3 has some of the best gameplay there is. Even without the mod it still stands very high on the list.

This one will always be my favorite

The speed required to chain kills for more damage does make Shinobi's gameplay very unique. It was satisfying to beat.

The original Strider is pretty fucking good.

I actually liked Bayo 2 quite a bit better than the first one, mostly because of the vastly better performance (though that isn't an issue now that the first is on PC to be fair) and the relative lack of sudden insta-death QTEs. Both are very good though.

It's between The Wonderful 101 and DMC3SE for me.
Most recently, DMC4SE. I've always preferred DMC3 but also always felt that DMC4 wasn't far behind in terms of quality. TW101 is a personal favourite of mine, but I still feel that DMC3 and 4 are at the top of the genre.

I haven't got DMC3 on PC, but I heard that mod makes the game too easy since the enemies/bosses aren't designed with style switching in mind unlike those of 4.

Forgot to mention that I've never played NG Black since I never had an Xbox, but I've always wanted to and heard it's brilliant. My brother has Sigma, but I never tried it. Is it similarly good?

Played the arcade version with this collection, I found it incredibly Hard But I guess that's the point of arcade games, I still couldn't beat it at the time, even with unlimited lives.

I guess the mod could make the game easier if you have the skills, but I was never that great when it came to the reflexes of Switching styles.

Sigma is Black with more content, you'll get a very similar experience, but you are also forced to Switch Characters in some chapters, If you have a 360 you can download Black from the marketplace.
I'd say both are worth playing, same goes for NG2 and NG2 Sigma.

Reminder that NG Sigma 2 is for cucks who like their games without blood.

I find reduced enemies and removed weapons and bosses to be far worse then no blood.

But OP's right, you can't say it's the least flawed with the Arkham fight in its current state, or some throwaway fights like Doppelganger or Heart of Leviathan

You remember the prologue mission has an umprompted instant death QTE, right?

Well I just Beat Rodin, I used the Kilgore glitch but every legit strategy I saw used Pillow talk which is just as OP.
If any user wants I can post how to Grind Halos super fast, since I got enough Halos in one shot to unlocked the Platinum ticket.

Anyway I'm working on getting Pure Platinum on Normal. I got the arcadey levels out of the way first.

Go for it, I'm interested.

I wish I didn't suck so hard at this game, I just can't avoid damage. On normal I ended with a gold medal but on hard on almost every chapter I get stone. And do tell about the halos thing, I need tons.

The method is you first get the Bracelet of time which you unlock for having you total time on normal or harder under 3 hours,
You also want allot of Magic lolipops pretty much get only them when you play angel attack, and mixing items.
Then get to the final fight of Chapter 2 with Fortitudo (The first boss) in the Church. During the fight you want to always be in which time that's what the Bangle of time and lolipops are for. Just spam the Kilgore Gitch on him, your combo will get to 9.9x9999 quickly but it will still keep going up even though it doesn't show it. so just keep spaming as much as you can until the QTE happens.
after the level is over you should have a ton of Halos.

I'll make a Webm soon

other methods require the climax bracelet which is far harder to get then the Bangle of time

what you want to get is Pulley's Butterfly that lets your magic Butterflys take damage for you. Really helps take the pressure off, and rodin is pretty much impossible without it.

Nice.

GOAT? No, but it deserved a bigger budget sequel and will be remembered by history as the last decent thing to have Bethesda on it

There's also a method you can do earlier, which involves wailing on Temperantia with durga on your fists, and Selene's Light. I can't remember it exactly, but it's easy to get a large combo going on him, you'll probably need to look on youtube or something. It's not as lucrative, but it can be done fairly early to get all the junk you need for bigger exploits.

How hard is it to get the bracelet?

Webm is processing.

If you just rush through the game with panther within it's not hard to get at all. You don't even need to beat the game again, just have you total time be under 3 hours and the visit Rodin and it will be for sell.
Just make sure you don't save a level's Time over any level ranks you want to keep.

Here is the Webm of the Halo Grinding method.
I forgot to say use Gaze of Despair, but that is kind of obvious, also make sure when in the Bangles witch time, Don't use a loilpop or else it won't work and will just be wasted.

I think because of the shadow play menu my buttons prompts got messed up. it fixed after i went to the menu again

I saw one that is pretty much just use Lightning Durga on the boss with Gaze of despair.

What combo are you using?

There's a different method you can do, when the city goes to shit and just before the section just before you run on the walls, there's one of those stages where you get the life or magic extension things(I forget the names of them), anyway in that particular bonus thing you have to do damage angel weapons only, at the far right corner there's an angel bow which keeps respawning, if you kill everything with the bow you get 9.9 and like 8k or something, lot slower than your method but when you're starting out is easy enough to do.

That combo works with most weapons. It is PPPPK ,but mash K and switch to Kilgore on your feet. This causes Kilgore to Fire Far faster then intended.

viewtiful joe has the least amount of flaws imo, there are basically no moments in it that i didn't find enjoyable and the puzzle/platforming elements are actually good which isn't the case in most cuhrayzees

sigma is good all in all, albeit easier than black.
stages are slightly redesigned and exploits were removed from boss fights. the only change that really triggers me is that they removed health drain from kitetsu.

The one strat that got me the farthest on my pure plat attempts on Rodin without glitching or using Pillow Talk/Time Bracelet/Climax bracelet is purely using long presses with Kilgore (both slots) and the PKP combo because it's the fastest to get out two rockets and if you have the time to spare it get a Wicked Weave and several rockets out on the third attack if you're an absolute god you can even go for PPPKKK with dodge offset but good fucking luck.

There's several verses throughout the game where getting several million combo points is pretty easy even without glitch and with just the starting equipment + gaze of despair., easiest early on is probably the second Alfheim in Ch2

Is that the part where the big angel with the tentacle arm slaps the train off the tracks? It doesn't instakill you iirc, just damages you, same as the one in the chapter where you first meet the Masked Lumen. The input window is also far more generous than any of the first game's in both cases and the visual/audio slow down is a pretty big clue that you're supposed to do something.

Sounds good, will probably give Sigma a go soon then.

Actually Rodin is immune to Witch time, The Bracelet of time does nothing but waste your magic during the fight.

On the highest difficulty, it does. Doesn't excuse that this sort of thing was handled much better in Bayo 1 and DMC1, where a cutscene leads directly into gameplay. There's no reason to expect someone to input during a pre-rendered FMV with no prompt.

Maybe. I really wish there was more enemy variety in that game.

Which version is best? 360 or PS3?

To be fair, it's harder to find shit that doesn't kill you in one or two hits on Infinite Climax than things that do. I've never liked how Platinum have handled difficulty outside of changing up enemy placements/amounts, since they just tend to make fights more tedious than difficult.
I agree that DMC1 handled it much better (1, 3 and 4 in general get a lot of things right that Platinum never have), but not Bayo 1. When I first started my second playthrough of 1, I hadn't played it for a good few months and when I got to Fortitudo I remember being flabbergasted at how much time I had spent in QTEs rather than actually fighting the damn thing.

Well now you're not talking about instant-death QTEs, you're talking about QTEs in general, and even then you're exaggerating, for Fortitudo you only have to do the ones that link the three phases together. It's not the best boss design but I vastly prefer it to Bayo 2's dodgespam boss fights. 2 still has phase-linking QTEs and at least the first fight with the Lumen Sage has a lightning-fast QTE in the middle of the last phase of the fight.

Now there's some bullshit, user, Platinum has some great high difficulty modes, both Nonstop Infinite Climax and 101% Hard are way more complex than increasing some damage numbers on the enemies. It's just Bayo 2's infinite climax that turns the enemies into boring damage sponges.

Maybe it's just me but i feel like are far more QTE's at the start of Bayo 1 then mid and end game. or at least they feel far less intrusive later on.

That's true, my bad.
This is true of most God of War bosses as well, but when the game presents you with an opportunity for an easy risk-free chunk of damage you're hardly going to pass it up in either game. You don't have to do the suplex QTEs on Fortitudo, but they're the most efficient way of getting through what's a relatively lengthy bossfight, so most of the time you're going to go for them regardless.

Bayo 1 does have considerably better boss variety than 2 though I agree, the latter had way too many 'fast humanoid' bosses and spamming dodge became too viable against some of them, especially Prophet.
Do you mean the part where you play as Madama Butterfly when you get the Sage down to the last 50% of his health? That part did feel very unnecessary to me and I'd rather it wasn't there, but there aren't any QTEs in the first fight with him at all as far as I remember.
They're better than how the vast majority of devs tend to do difficulties, it's just that I'm absolutely autistic about getting a good score in these types of games and restarting fights every time you get hit on a higher difficulty is bothersome. That's on me, though, not Platinum. The way they do difficulties isn't bad by any means, I just personally don't like it, mostly because their games tend to partially score you based on damage taken and on higher difficulties even a single hit sends you down a rank. I prefer DMC's increased emphasis on variety of moves used in regards to score. As aforementioned, I do really like how they switch up enemy placements and quantities.

You're probably right, I haven't played through Bayo 1 in a fair while.

>Beat Chapter II with a continue and item
>Got Silver but still feel bad about it

I'm on Chapter V right now, but I'm barely able to get by at around Verse 7 I already have enough halos to not only get Alt. Durga, but also the Durga Costume Why are Grace & Glory so fun to fight?

I would focus on Beating the game first and getting things like Bat within, then Doing all the Alfheim challenges since those will hone your skills and net you more magic.
When going for good ranks you want to use Pulley's Butterfly since that protects you from damage in exchange for magic. It really takes the pressure off when you know that it's ok to make a mistake as long as you have at least one butterfly to take a hit.

I haven't even looked at the accessories though.

Well you should I guess, I don't know why you never looked at them before.

It feels like I'm cheating for some reason

I wish I could play Black again but my xbox malfunctioned because of that fucking capacitor and buying a console, even if it's an old PS3 is expensive as shit in my country.

DMC3's style switching is more restrictive than 4's. Things like StarRave or mixed SM/RG combos are impossible because (generally speaking) you can't cancel style move -> style move even if they're from different styles. The main thing it gets you is on-demand access to teleports and Quicksilver, which is powerful for avoiding damage and advanced combos, but DMD mode is so tedious in the first place that the extra variety can only be a good thing in my opinion. It's still way harder than 4, you just spend less time abusing the broken shit than you would unmodded.

Neat, I suppose that includes perfect parries as well since I never bothered trying that either.

I mean if you're seriously going for pure plat it's either that or "return to tile screen", actually going for a flawless chapter in one go is several order of magnitude harder than pretty much anything else in the game especially 5,12 and 14, and that's removing 1st try on every Alfheim from the equation because that's straight up bullshit you can actually fail them as much as you want as long as your last clear is pure plat it counts

Agree. The world needs a WET 2 and a new DMC featuring Dante, not Donte.

OH MY GOD FUCK THIS LEVEL
There are two fights were platinum score is hard to get and both of them save after the fight.

One more god damn time.

Chapter V is great, fuck Isla Del Sol. It is pretty long, I guess. Isn't that second to last chapter just a mob of manta rays?

Yeah I was using Gaze of despair last time but I didn't torture attack any of them which I should have
I like the chapter but I just don't like that i keep messing it up and restarting.

You pretty much always want to do that on that particular fight because the Chainsaw can make one or two phases of the Jeanne fight easier depending on how you use it.

I'm perfectly Capable of fighting Jeanne since the PPPKKK combo with Lighting fist and Fire feet Durga Trip her and Damage her incredibly.

I thought 2 was much much worse. Bullshit archers and camera angle fuckery killed it for me. I quit somewhere in the first few levels.

I know you can do it regularly but trivializing both the point requirements and one of the worst camera in the game with some small resource management is pretty neat.

One day I'll learn to not suck with Durga is that also the case with Gaze of Despair?

Oh lad you didn't even fight any incendiary shuriken ninja. I enjoy 2 allot but it is defiantly much cheaper when it comes to difficultly.
Vid related

If you hit Jeanne with only the leg Sweeps it should trip her every time I think.

just looked it up and I quit during Chapter 4.
There was this room in Black where a guy with a rocket launcher was placed off camera and you would just die the first time through. 2 felt like that room was happening every other room.

This game was fun as hell.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCKING CHRIST
Bayonetta on hard is a lot worse than I remembered. Have I just gotten more casul or something? I scrape through almost every chapter with stone medals.

If you're not hitting every secret verse and you use any continues that's not that uncommon. Hope you enjoy fighting Joys and Gracious and Glorious because those guys will be showing up a lot

I just keep, on, dying. those fucking Gracious and glorious that disable witchtime are the worst, and I just have to switch between the no witch time bracelet and something else because every enemy either disable witchtime or is on fire and needs it.

Just finally finished my first playthrough of bayonetta. I got 1 silver, 1 gold, and the rest were stone statues. How casual am Am I?

Pretty fucking casual. Even I got a few platinum's on my first run.

Dmc4 is superior to Dmc3 the only thing that Dmc4 mostly lacks is level design however it makes up for it with the superior combat and for legendary dark knight difficulty

So what do you guys think of the idea of Eva being a witch.
That would mean that Dante, Vergil, and Nero are part Umbra, which is a fun way of explaining Nero basically having wicked weaves.

also i'm going to dump some fanart
Yeah I know Tumblr but I actually really like these ideas

I got ninja gaiden sigma for the ps3 and so far the combat feels really good

It should they basically changed nothing about the core combat for 3 games.
In NG3 Razors edge you can fight bosses from NG1 and 2 and the exact same strategies still work.