Is it really that bad? Or is it just misunderstood by spergs who cry "not muh Samus"?

Is it really that bad? Or is it just misunderstood by spergs who cry "not muh Samus"?

Yes it is.

Metroid went from quality games coming out every couple of years to jack shit for 6 after Other M released, only for that break to be punctured by a shovelware title and DMCA claims.

I played it on dolphin it was pretty awful. I blame the devs because they mostly make shit. Trying to make a metroid game where you explore a map to get unlocks and upgrades and stuff was too hard for them so they just made a bastardized treasure game.

You could go ask Bob "Moviebob" Chipman his opinion on this video game.

I think I'll do that out of curiosity. If a nintendo cuck like him didn't like it then there must be something seriously wrong with it.

Federation Force is good, though. If it came out right after prime 3 you fags would have loved it, and it was a tech demo for the gyro controls that they would have used for a real metroid game. But because nobody in Japan likes metroid and all you fags were too butthurt to give it a try it panned and now we get nothing.

posting best husbando

From what I have heard, yes. I also heard that Sakamoto fucked around with the gameplay even though he was the story guy.

cody pls

Movieblob hates Other M?, i thought he loved it (mostly because it looks like the 2D metroid games and it's not an FPS like the Prime series).

yeah I just watched it
he says it's a great game and people should stop complaining

You clearly never read the developer interviews where they dance around the fact that Yoshio Sakamoto is retarded and was the reason why Other M ate shit.

Oh how wrong you are newfag

Found some others.

wow you're pretty gay

I haven't played Other: M, but were they trying to do it to the generic "freeze and shoot" Tourian Metroids, or the evolutions? In the former case, it would have been an upgrade to their form.

Otherwise… yeah

Is there really even a canon for metroid? The problem with the metroid series is that many of the games lack much in the way of narrative and are very silent or textless. That's kinda what makes Other M feel more distinct, just cause it's really the only metroid game with an actual narrative other than Fusion.

lol ok newfag. From the quotes taken the Other M lets plays that has Sakamoto's retarded ideas noted by other Nintendo developers:

ARAMAKI: All sorts of things, but as you can imagine, there was a lot of trial and error involved with making the game controllable with just one Wii Remote. Every time a new member of staff would join the project, they'd inevitably ask 'why aren't we using the Nunchuk controller?' Of course, there are only a few buttons that can be used on just one Wii Remote, so we had many, many button meetings about how Samus's diverse movements should be controlled.

NAGASAWA: There were actually many times when he'd look at a cinematic we'd created and have no particular comments to make, so we'd relax and think 'this one's OK'. After a little while, though, we'd inevitably get an email… Furthermore, it was technically Kitaura-san that he should have been communicating with, but I was the one getting the emails.

Starting with Metroid II, yes. It's a narrative that at least follows a clear timeline of events more than say Zelda, which was always meant to re-tell the same story over and over again and was never meant to have an overarching lore, something Nintendo themselves admit to in that retarded timeline book from 2011.
You never played the Prime games, which filled Metroid to the brim with an established canon.
A shitty narrative that came from Sakamoto being assmad that some gaijin devs gave more of a shit about his series and his waifu than he did.

Metroid games have a fixed timeline, yes. Generally they don't affect each other much, but Fusion had a pretty significant event that they haven't been able to write from.

Yes. The game discourages exploration so much that it locks doors behind you all the time. The story is terribly told and consists of all the characters acting like imbeciles while also contradicting other games in the series. The combat consists of mashing the directional pad to make yourself practically invincible while awkwardly changing the wii-mote's position in your hand to fire missiles. The game uses a fucking sideways wii-mote for 3D movement. All of the upgrades are from previous games. You can regenerate health and ammo when you get low.

All the Prime games had significant story told through scanning logs and dialogue in the later two. Metroids 1 - 3 all had their manual stories. Then there's the prequel manga.

Remember that guy who murdered nearly every character in the game that the plot just forgot about? Yea me neither. The game was so forgettable and boring I wasn't even invested enough to care to remember.

Oh, I forgot the fucking pixel-hunt sections that do nothing but pad game time.

You're confusing lore and worldbuilding with narrative structure. Most metroid games, including the Prime games, have been such that you really didn't have to play any of the previous ones to know what the hell is going on or enjoy the gameplay or atmosphere. You can really start with almost any game in the franchise. Other M stands out though because it isn't really like this in its presentation. I think what they were trying to do with Other M and what they were trying to do for some time before it was to make Metroid into more of "the saga of Samus Aran" rather than a game where Samus is more of a proxy for the player as the player interacts with the world and various NPC's, whom in most iterations were as silent as Samus.

You don't seem to understand that lore and worldbuilding is what "canon" is.

I genuinely consider it the worst game of that decade. I mean sure there were technically worse games, but this required willful incompetence. It was like someone watching a house be built and then building their own out of oil with a fork while it was raining.

Take the first infographic here for instance. It talks about how retarded the missile system is. What it doesn't tell you is you have to stop using the Wiimote as a pad (which was always uncomfortable) and start using it as a pointer to aim. You have to fumble around and completely change not only orientation but also hand positions on the controller to fire a missile in the middle of a boss fight. Willful incompetence.

Yes, ignoring the massive inconsistencies that game brings about in the story, it has nothing going for it in terms of gameplay
This game would have been one of those forgotten titles that no one really cares about till threads like pop up, but it has the word "Metroid" on it and now it's forever regarded as the game that killed the series.

I like Metroid and knew approximately nothing about Other M when this game came out. I bought it for full price.

It still hurts. Nothing on earth will ever make this game worth $5, let alone a full $50. By the way, what's the pixel hunt? Despite having beaten the game 100%, I have blanked everything about it from my mind since and I'm sure as shit never going to replay it.

Samus isn't the super-soldier tranny space marine that retards are always making her out to be, but she isn't whatever the hell she was in other M either.

Anyway, the game itself is nothing special, so just skip it.

Its still $70 cdn at my walmart

The pixel hunts are the points the game stops you and forces you to look around in first person until you find the specific object it wants you to find, whereby the game resumes progress.

Ignoring the story and shit, yes it's just a bad game.

I'd say ninja gaiden sigma is worse. Take a guess who made that too. I'm trying to think what game was worse on xbox/DC/ps2/cube/wii/ps3/360 from a major studio from '01-'11…

One of the highlights of the game, stop everything and play a hidden object game where you're not even told what the object is and the object is the size of a pinhead.

Problem was back then we didn't have a thousand Metroid clones. This one hurt more.

you don't seem to understand that the point I was making is that arguing about canon in a game series where each iteration is more or less a stand alone game is kind of dumb. While metroid does have more of a fixed timeline than Zelda, it is still more like Zelda in that the MC is less of a character in his/her own right than a proxy for the player who is allowed through the silent protag to pretend he or she is the great Space Hunter or Legendary Warrior in this strange, fantastic world. But while Zelda has a canonical timeline of sorts and while some games are connected more tightly like how Majora's Mask is a supposed to be a sequel to Ocarina of Time, you can play either one of these games without playing the other and whether you played both has no impact on your experience, as is also the case if you play Skyward Sword without playing Twilight Princess. So yeah, you can talk about "canon" but whether you understand how TP is connected to SS has so little impact that there may as well not be a canon at all and indeed most Zelda players just ignore all this stuff and enjoy the games of the series they like most as their own self-contained stories.

Metroid is similar in that I can just play Prime and I don't have to have played any other Metroid game and I can play Prime 2 or 3 without playing any others in that subseries just fine. At this point in the series life, canon is still kind of irrelevant.Other M was kind of like how Konami made Castlevania more and more the saga of the Belmont family and friends, going into more and more depth with the characters taking part in a play that spanned generations in-universe, when previously, Simon Belmont was just a proxy for the player. But rather than being Symphony of the Night,Other M basically gave Metroid a Lords of Shadow treatment before it even got its own Symphony of the Night.

Wait I got it.
Spectral Force 3 was worse. What a shame too I liked the Spectral series.

Is it really that bad? Or is it just misunderstood by spergs who cry "not muh Dante"?

just play it, it's free on dolphin emu

Never had the displeasure. Looking at a video… that was a full price 360 game was it? Why the fuck do we play videogames again?

Other M was ALL Nintendo and Sakamoto.

But they aren't. Being able to understand a game's basic story without playing previous ones doesn't make it standalone. You don't understand why Metroids are so dangerous they needed to be exterminated in II, unless you've played a previous game. You don't know where Dark Samus comes from in Prime 2, unless you played the first Prime. You don't completely know where the baby Metroid in the intro to Super comes from, unless you play II. You don't understand the complete irony of the X-parasite becoming a threat in Fusion, unless you've played II. There is a series of cause and effect happening through the chronology, where the games couldn't have happened unless the ones chronologically prior to them existed.

Lords of Shadow was a complete rewrite of the Castlevania canon. I don't see how that relates to Other M at all.

And, by your logic, no canon for any series is actually important. You can always read/watch/play a single entry in a series and get enough of a basic gist of what's going on to understand it. You're basically saying the effort the developers of the series put into creating a large, consistent world and ongoing story is meaningless because you can play any game without playing the others and be fine, which is completely silly because the same applies to your example, Castlevania. You don't need to play III or Rondo of Blood to understand Symphony of the Night. You don't need to play any of the previous games to understand what's going on in Lament of Innocence. You don't need to play Bloodlines to not be completely lost in Portrait of Ruin.

Your entire argument is silly because it's just "I don't think the canon for this series matters because I personally don't think the ongoing narrative is intricate enough to care." The people who actually love the series care, and that's what matters.

Yes, it is. Not only does it ruin Samus' character with a personality that makes no sense in correlation with what we saw in previous games, but the actual gameplay goes against everything the Metroid series was built upon. It turned a fascinating and exciting exploration based game into a shitty linear title that's overly easy and forgiving, thus making it incredibly boring.

SJW 'journalists' slammed it because It shit all over their feminist ideal of Samus and all the fags online jumped on the bandwagon. It's linear, but so is Fusion.

Not really that bad. I mean, it's linear, but so is Fusion. The main reason people hate it is because SJW journalists told them too, since it made their strong independent feminist icon have to submit to the Adam.

Last I checked SJWs defend the game like crazy for reasons i can not fathom. Also has Anita ever bitched about other M?

Also back before Other M came out Fusion was shat on for it's linearity and for having Adam tell you what to do constantly. Other M shares almost all the flaws Fusion has but somehow made them worse.

Ignoring the Prime canon wouldn't change anything from the canon of the original games (1/Zero Mission, 2, Super, Fusion); also, Other M's story is completely irrelevant, who cares about how Adam died or his relationship with Samus? Ignoring the whole game wouldn't affect the Fusion canon at all, so it really didn't hurt the timeline at all.

I remember back in the day they were giving it shit because Samus letting Adam give her orders was "sexist" and "misogynistic", also remember some people crying aboout Zero Suit and the fact that has high hills.

Truly, you are a genius.

People complained about the high heels because they were stupid and the old zero suit design document specifically mentioned that the heels should not be higher than what was shown. Shows how much this Sakamoto cares about Metroid.

Other M came at a time when the SJW presence was not yet evident. So many never got around to understand why a large number of people were shilling against it so hard.

Realize the folly of criticizing Samus being a damsel. That's something straight out of Feminist Frequency, it has no place here. Number one, it's debatable whether she even was a damsel; number two, being a damsel is not bad in itself.

Other M and a large number of early 360 generation titles owe to be reconsidered, with new awareness that past judgement was clouded by yet unseen ideology. This isn't an endorsement of the game, which is heavily flawed, yet shouldn't be tainted by the SJW scarlet letter.

There's no call to be this completely wrong, sir. Unless you're begging for shekels.

It isn't about Samus being a damsel. It's about Samus acting like a retard and acting completely inconsistently with her behavior in every other game. It would be one thing if Other M was supposed to be a reboot, but it's supposed to fit in the timeline right along the other games. It isn't only Samus, either, though she's the most evident problem with the story. Adam also acts like a retard, there are glaring plot holes, a big plot thread is just dropped with barely any conclusion, and the entire story has big inconsistencies with the rest of the series. And this is just the story. A lot of the voice acting, particularly Samus, is bad, the gameplay has massive issues, the art design is bad, and there's very little music to speak of.

I don't even play Metroid.

There's a point in the game the male lead shoots you in the back and tells you it's too dangerous to go fight the metroids which he then proceeds to do alone in a self sacrifice scene. This happens for no fucking reason at all other then they were too lazy to do another area and to be yet another instance where Samus looks useless.

This isn't Peach we're talking about, a fairly normal human who gets kidnapped by a giant fire breathing turtle thing a lot. This is a hybrid alien bounty hunter in highly advanced power armour that has entire planets on her kill sheet being told by a middle aged officer in generic military gear that it's too dangerous and he needs to go be the hero now.

It is when I'm playing as them.

The problem is Metroid aged like milk, Other M is exactly what a Metroid successor looks like, but people hold the old Metroid games way to high, nostalgia is a strong feeling.

SJWs have done enough damage, we don't need them to be a retroactive excuse to other M.

The strongest of bait.

If there were literally no games between the original NES Metroid and Other M, you may be right.

Looked at some old reviews most of them praised the game and even the negative ones never mention sexism. Strangely the only people I remember panning it for sexism were anons on cuckchan and a bunch of longass blog posts on some obscure site. Well known SJW shit heads like Movie bob and inflation bear also went out of there way to defend it.

Point is other then a handful of people outside the main circles SJWs had fuck all do to with the game being hated. It's shitty gameplay and Sakamoto being a hack writer is all there is to it.

You sound like a fucking faggot and should go back to reddit, if i criticize Nusamus for being a pussybitch that shits herself and crawls into a fetal position calling out for mommy at the site of a boss that i have murdered half a dozen times in the past games is "something straight out of Feminist Frequency"? Did you braindead mongoloid even stop for a second before typing that verbal diarrhea out?
Did YOU even play the game?
It is when you have twenty years of canon saying otherwise.
You're an actual homosexual, aren't you?

Bad story aside
Exploration is restricted
That alone makes it shit

It's better than prime series.

Even if f the writing was fine, a Metroid game should never be something you could describe as cinematic. Whether Samus is a well written or poorly written character is irrelevant, because she should barely be a character in the first place. Samus is a vessel through which I get to commit genocide on alien worlds. Nothing more, nothing less.

It turned her into a wimp that follows stupid orders.

If Adam had told Duke Nukem or Serious Sam they were "not authorized" to use certain weapons, they'd have strangled him with his own intestines.

They need to exit the console market and make lesbian hentai games, it's all they want to do anyway

Every other Metroid game is better than the prime series, so that isn't a big achievement.

MovieBob please leave.

This has to be bait, I refuse to believe that someone has biases so strong.

On it's own merits, it's a linear 3D-action title played with a d-pad and two buttons. It's got piss-easy combat thanks to the easily abusable dodge mechanic and autoaim, and when you're actually allowed to use some of your gear they're all overpowered as fuck (screw attack, power bombs, etc). You've also got regenerating health and regenerating missiles if you just sit in a corner and charge your beam, because apparently the game wasn't easy enough. Overall it's shallow as fuck and has no replay value. The only value to it is the spectacle from combat animations and sequences, which is probably the only area Team Ninja really excel at here.

As a Metroid game, it's far worse. Exploration is all but gutted in the game - literally shutting doors behind your heels as you progress and putting up invisible walls to stop you from doing things that might change the order of your progress. The use of your gear is also heavily restricted based on your current progress, so you're unable to use any of the tools you discover unless Samus or Adam wants you to. Both of these make the game extremely linear and railroaded up until the very last portion of the game where they actually open up the station. It's suffocating and kills potential for speedrunning and sequence breaking.

Some people are so autistic they're incapable of not shooting right to one extreme or another. Either all female characters have to be strong and independent, or they all have to be weak and submissive, instead of just, you know, realising that both of those character archetypes have their place in fiction.

But the entire thing was written and directed by Sakamoto. He's the one who decided the game should be controlled with just the wii-mote. He's the one who said the gravity suit shouldn't make the suit purple. He had a lot of control over the development of the game. Team Ninja may have been responsible for the ass and tits shots, but the game's most significant problems were all on Sakamoto.

Team Ninja has become really shitty after Itagaki and his team left. Team Ninja was responsible for the bad gameplay of Other M, the story wasn't Team Ninja's doing. The lousy story is solely Nintendo's fault, more specifically Sakamoto.

They initially wanted to make it a 2D game. Sakamoto said no, make it 3D.So they were going to make it controlled with the wii-mote nunchuck combo. Sakamoto said no, make it controlled with a sideways wii-mote because that's similar to how the original Metroid was controlled.

There's a reason why SJWs always seem to be moronically wrong all the time, and it has more to do with blinding their followers abilities to form their own opinions than it does with ideology.

No, they actually wanted the game to be playable. Sakamoto forced the level designs, gameplay and controls on them.

I went into this game with an open mind to find that out for myself, if anything it's worse than people say, the gameplay is mediocre to bad and the story and acting is unbearable.

Fair enough. I made the assumption Team Ninja were responsible for the gameplay because of how lousy Ninja Gaiden 3 turned out.

don't forget this.

a fan did a simple mockup of the gravity suit properly and it looks perfectly fine and tickles the back of any experienced metroid players mind that says "Samus is at 100% power and is gonna kick some ass".

fans usually manage to unfuck the designs and story because fans know what fans like

As a mindless action game stand alone
it's ok at best. The limitations of the wii controller kind of make it bare bones and simple, but thats what Nintendo went for. A casual action game anyone would grab and be good at.
Mechanically and animation wise its pretty, probably its only shining thing. for the wii it pushed it to the limit.
As a metroid game, its not a metroid game, and that's why most people get upset and triggered.

Its a bad metroid game but an ok-at-best action game.
You shouldn't see it as a metroidvania but rather as an action game made by team ninja, just like hyrule warriors is a musou and should be seen as a zelda game.

If you have a wii give it a pirate and depends on you if you wanna beat it (you can beat it in an afternoon). It will keep you busy on a bored afternoon. Skippable, but does it job as an ok action game.

Here's the nasty jew part. They slap metroid on it because they know metroid fans will play it whether they like it or not, because they want to see what happens/the story/the lore. That's why the slap the IP for $$$$ backed by fans

Risking the IP like that is a testament nintendo doesn't really care about metroid, and sees it as the guinea pig IP for things like this. poor Samus deserves better

Should not be seen as a Zelda game*

Other M is as well; the only thing it takes as gospel is the ending of Super, and even then pretty much just the fight against Mother Brain. Ridley provokes PTSD and an inability to use her suit, even though she's killed him like five times by that point and his resurrection shouldn't be a cause of confusion anymore, let alone mental disarray. Fusion is contradicted by the entirety of Other M's plot, as well as Adam Malkovich's portrayal not lining up with the light no-nonsense Samus casts him in. Prime and anything relating to it is never brought up.

Yeah, well the problem is that Hyrule Warriors wasn't billed as the ultimate Zelda experience that would shed light on all the mysteries of the series. Other M was, they spent a year hyping up its story and gameplay as a true "evolution" of Metroid.

Okay shits, sit down, I'mma tell you how Other M came to be.

Fusion: Samus investigates the wreckage of a research ship under the strict supervision of the government CO she has a history with only to discover that the government has been secretly developing illegal bio weapons that went out of control.

Other M: Samus investigates the wreckage of a research ship under the strict supervision of the government CO she has a history with only to discover that the government has been secretly developing illegal bio weapons that went out of control.

And Zero Mission had a pretty clear narrative, if you ask me. The Chozo statues provide guidance at a patronizingly easy rate (especially since you've already played metroid 1), and then you're pushed out of the nest for the final part of the game.
Then if you replay the game you realize all of the statues are avoidable (specifically for the 15% run path) Showing how independant samus has become.
it's experimental bullshit, but I appreciate the effort

That doesn't make it a reboot, it makes it poorly written. A reboot is defined by intent.

For all intents and purposes it's a reboot by virtue of how much established continuity it overwrites in the name of Samus being Sakamoto's waifu.

It's not even that, since it takes very specific parts of previous ganes as canon and pretty much relies on you knowing about Samus's life history to understand that whole Ridley fiasco.

Have you ever actually played it?

Phylo is always right

Literally Who?

Honestly, I think Other M is one of those rare breed of games where you can tell exactly how shit it is without ever touching it. Others include Zelda CDI, and modern Bioware games.

Why the fuck is this Sakamoto guy such a idiot? Also, why is Nintendo so arrogant of not letting their other IP have a chance?

Thing is that he's been around since at least Super Metroid. If memory serves, he wound up having too much control of Other M, rather than still having people on equal footing/above him willing to slap his shit for inane decisions.

He's been around since Metroid 1. He did some of the enemy designs on that game. Gunpei Yokoi directed Metroid 2 while Sakamoto did pre-production and directed Super, Yokoi supervised him after 2 was completed. Fusion had him in a lot more control and you can see how it resembles Other M in that regard. Somehow ZM ended up the third most non-linear game in the series despite him being in control as well. Must have been a fluke.

It was probably the most fun I've had with a game without playing it.

As someone whose only experience with Metroid is Other M and I haven't played anything else whatsoever

The gameplay was okay, not terrible, definitely boring at times, and it was ugly as fuck at times. At best it would be 4/10 assuming it wasn't being compared to anything else (which will happen anyway).

Cringy story aside.
People complain that Fusion is linear, no, THIS one is linear.

Correct, Team Ninja wanted to use the standard Wiimote + Nunchuck setup, Sakamoto forced them to make it work with the wiimote alone, he threatened to cancel the whole thing if not I think.

I am not SJW and I still hated how an independent bounty hunter who knows how to get the job done suddenly has daddy issues and a moist vagina for someone who treats her like shit.

Team Ninja had little control over anything except certain aesthetics, everything else is Sakamoto's direction, you give them too much credit.

The only thing the game tried to explain was how Adam died, it does not even affect Fusion because Adam is barely mentioned and his death holds no weight on the game, apart from that not a single event in Other M is connected to Fusion.

Which still failed considering how stupid his sacrifice and the setup was (a self-destruction system that can only be activated from inside the sector.)

well whenever you get around to it i hope you have fun. id like to experience them for the first time again.

I wish I knew. I don't even really see a sense in it from pure business perspective. Just because something failed doesn't mean it can never succeed again. They have a bunch of IPs sitting around that they refuse to capitalize on just because they're not massive moneymakers. I want my fucking Custom Robo and Advance Wars and F-Zero and Wave Race and Drill Dozer and Elite Beat Agents and all kinds of other shit they have locked up in their vaults never to see the light of day again. Even when they do bring one back they tend to kill it themselves with terrible design choices (Star Fox Zero).

It's like they think anyone who isn't a die-hard fan of Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon isn't worth keeping around. I bet the only reason Kirby still gets games is because Sakurai has to suck MIyamoto's dick for it.

Samus didn't know what the Nightmare was until Fusion, Samus is unsurprised by a Metroid breeding program (Space Pirates have pulled that shit loads of times) but pre-Other M that was the first time the Federation had done it and she makes absolutely no reference to the Federation having ever attempted anything of the sort before.

Yes, and then some.

Another F-zero by sega, when?

Probably because it makes no fucking sense since they were the ones to hire Samus to kill all the Metroids in the first place.

Sakurai hasn't been involved with Kirby since Air Ride.

Every Kirby game sells millions

It was excusable when it only happened once, but with Other M they made it so they tried twice, making the GFed look unbelievably stupid.

GOD BLESS THE ZERO SUIT

looks like in my lust for Samass I had saved a thumbnail version too

Faggot

This is infuriating to read.

Fast cars made by Gotta Go Fast? Interesting dubs you got there

Never, Miyamoto is still salty over them making a better F-Zero than Nintendo.

You think that's bad, get a load of this. I got three videos here that will explain fucking everything, especially the "overbering japanese pride" and ACTUAL workplace racism and xenophobia..

Now watch this. Not so much the game, but the bullshit AROUND the game.

Imagine if Halo came out without master chief ha ha fans would be pretty upset. Luckily nobody would be that stupid right?

And after watching this, you now know that one of the things that happened to spawn other M

"OH NO, MY FAMILY'S HONOR IS THREATENED BY THESE FILTHY AMERICAN PIGGUS"

Nintendo WANTS to back it's self into a corner where it can shit out the four "safe" IPs that will sell on anything.

>fire emblem

Everything else is expendable to them.

Actually, fans agree that playing as a GF soldier alone on a world where shit is trying to kill you isn't a bad idea for a "in universe" metroid game. It just sucks ass that the first game to try to do that was the worst thing ever.

Its fucking crazy how detailed Hunters is.

So essentially the current state of Nintendo is that they're Valve except replace Half-Life 3 with games like Metroid and F-Zero and replace Steam with Mario, Zelda, etc.

It's why anyone who is a metroid fan knows that any of the excuses used to say that blast ball "was always made to fit better on the screen" is total horseshit.

Tanebe here MIGHT have been backed into a corner as he seems to be pretty hyped up to work on metroid, but I'm almost certain he was backed into a corner and blast balls was all he had to work with.

IE:

Basically.

I'd love to see them whore out metroid to Bamco for a Warriors game as that's a spinoff I wouldn't mind, but it'll never happen.

Honestly considering how terrible fates is in every way(especially localisation) I would say they really wanted that to tank but since fans of nu fire emblem are willing to buy complete utter shit three fucking times they decided to milk them for all there worth.

Kirby also gets treated well and is pretty safe. Hell lot safer then Fire emblem

I'd argue that robobot is a lot weaker than triple deluxe especially with the final boss of the true arena having an insta kill that only triggers AFTER you beat him and can't be blocked as i find little reason to go back to robobot while all other kirby games are much more welcoming.

Still, you're pretty right, but that's in part that Kirby is already a "placeholder" character, thus can be put anywhere.

As for FE, well, that is possible, because Radiant Dawn sold like shit, so they had one more chance to make a FE game and turned it into a waifu simulator and included a "no one dies" easy mode as their "swan song" and boop, mondo dosh from the waifu fags.

As a result, FE is now easy casual waifu simulator that can't even be a proper waifu simulator due to treehouse fucking with it.

Federation Force hurts every time I see it
Ever since I first saw the dead federation troops in Prime 2 I wanted a Republic commando style game about those guys, and then we get this shit.

Wasn't Prime 1 the second best selling game on gamecube with something like 7+ million units sold?

What makes it hurt so much is that they're clearly shown to be a competent force for good in the galaxy, but are just completely outmatched by things that even samus has trouble with until she gets the right tools. And she already has the broken ass power beam that seems to work on everything.

In that context a game where you could play as those guys, dealing with maybe slightly more inane threats, would be great. Or anything else than what we got with blastball, really.

Metroid Prime 2 maybe me care about these troopers, and I was always sad they were all dead before I got there, and I got angry when the Ing turned them into zombies. Good storytelling makes you care.

Meanwhile blastball just makes me want to laugh at them.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Thought I was the only one. I too felt fucking sad about those troopers.

Why wasn't this marketed to women? It looks like that's the audience they were going for.

NUTT
I might break my no figurine rule

Trips of truth.

The only unwell treatment I can think relating to the Kirby franchise is from Nintendo of Europe's bizarre release delays for any Kirby game over the past decade (and not releasing the Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection on Wii) but even now that seems to have changed (possibly to better Euro sales?)

The more crap I see about Fate's localization the more I wonder if that game got rushed by Treehouse (possibly due to Zelda/unannounced Switch games localization) and the placeholder text/memes got left in.

I remember doing the GCN generation fans made mock up covers for that game using the GF Troop 3D renders.

Super and Fusion are the only Metroid games that arent shit

They finally made the fucking thing, now I won't have to own anything else Other M related.

That jump from $50 for other m armor to $80 for prime armor.

Make sure you put both armours side by side so visitors can fully appreciate just how shit every facet of the Other M design is.

If they let me skip the story portions of the game from the get go the game would have been much more bearable. I tried replaying it last month and that fucking beginning cut scene made me dread the rest of the game.

Ignoring the story, the game is bearable. Not as a metroid game but as hack and slash game.

Get a real figure that's properly airbrushed

I like my action figures to be able to take action poses, I've got walls if I want paintings or something pretty to look at

What's really retarded is you can Skip cutscenes, but only on Hard mode. If you beat the game and pick normal again you can't skip them.

That would't be the issue for me since i would be using it for decoration in the man-cave, I'm immature but I'm not about to start playing with action figures. My problem is the color scheme and shitty arm canon. The new Prime Figma is 100% on-model, it looks so accurate it's ridiculous.

Dubs of truth, do it.

Come to think about it, what you just said makes sense now.

I think your wrong user, I remember picking normal mode again and it let me skipped the cutscenes.

First4 have got some crazy good figures but holy shit they're expensive. Got the Prime gunship a few years back.

why would you play other m more than once tho

This industry is already crashed as far as I care.

That's not entirely true. Previous FE games had sold pretty good. The reason Awakening had sold as well as it did was because it had actually advertising, in addition to waifufags. Radiant Dawn sold like shit because no advertising and it released on the same week as Mario Galaxy.
And personally, Fates' translation is the least of it's worries

Needs a secret ending where after doing a bunch of silly busywork or finding special Easter eggs, the final boss has an alternate encounter where the Federation unleashes its special weapon: Call Samus.

I was thinking having Samus show up at the end and kill a bunch of things you struggled to fend off would be a good way of showing hammering in the difference for people new to the franchise, but that would be a more amusing way of doing it.

The real question is, does he still give a shit about Metroid at all? Last time I heard that game it was by Brianna Wu, it was implying that Samus was a trap.

They allowed faggots to be cannon.

Thanks Other M!

I shouldn't be this hurt and angry so soon in the morning, but here we fucking are.

What point, that you don't understand what the word "canon" means?

Agreed, those guys were fantastic and yes, I wanted to help them and felt horrible that they were being puppeted like that.

I would get their first Samus figure, but that's been discontinued

it's a pinfeather she keeps plucking and has scarred over. She had the gene splicing bird magic before puberty.

There was a lot of unintelligent feminist backlash about this game. Fact remains that it doesn't matter if Samus is no longer a strong independent woman. Now tell me what is actually wrong with this game.

Read the thread, nigger.

>Samus stands back up
>gives you a thumbs up
>walks away
would work awesome.

On the side of "enhanced troopers", they had the PED troopers, but they also had THIS fucking thing in the concept art showcasing an example of the feds trying to replicate just the basic power beam and functionality of the power suit and honestly, helps hammer in the idea of how out of the feds league the chozo bird magitec is.

sad but true. here.

If you remove "Metroid" in the title and change the character's design and names you would still have a mediocre game. I played it twice so I could see what the HARD mode was, turned out the only thing I had to do was keep spamming that stupid maneuver that makes you avoid damage sometimes. I've never felt like replaying it again.
The only good things from it are the quality of Samus blue ass in the cinematics and the new remix of Ridley music, which actually doesn't fit the battle but it is very appropiate for ESCAPE sequences.

This is what hurts me more.
Even Microsoft learned from their mistakes.

It was indeed.

1.it doesn't play like a Metroid game
2.it's a mediocre at best action game

The part that still ticks me off is when adam doesn't give you the varia suit in the fire sector in other m. When you just take burn damadge for no fucking reason other than adam is pants on head retarded. In fusion, there are those frozen x things, but you can still jump around them and find them in the geometry if you're good enough.
Zero mission is best 2d metroid. Prime is the best 3d metroid.

How much does actually "releasing " the game even cost? You would think that they would have released what ever crap they had if only to recoup some of the costs of development. Unless the expected absolutely no one would have bought it.

Except the two Halo games without Master Chief were good and expanded on the other branches of military the UNSC has as well as the battles they were part of. FedFarce continues on the line of shitting on the source much like 343 does with Halo now.

It was all an ego dick stroking contest. The people who put time and effort into the game wanted it to be launched but the higher ups deliberately stalled and shitcanned it for no other reason than the dev team consisting of americans.

Nail on the head. Hell, I would have settled for "Left 4 Dead: Metroid edition" where you're in a squad of 4 with optional multiplayer, but we don't even get that, we got this.

Halo Wars 1 & 2? And that top down twin stick Halo shooter?

Yep, that mock up feels like the one I saw over a decade ago. Or possibly the 2nd pic of three Troopers with the first images logo.

On a similar note, NoA had no intention of releasing Disaster: Day of Crisis for the Wii in late 2008 despite the Wii having no other "hardcore"* game in that time period , despite all the delay's it faced because of these possible "release costs" even though that game was complete and released in JP/EU.
The same thing was nearly used on Devil's Third NA release but fan pressure over a supposed NoA cancellation/Xseed publishing got it a physical release from NoA. And yet they couldn't be bothered to make a physical release for Fatal Frame 5.

* Apart from Animal Crossing: City Folk, which Nintendo said was for the hardcore while the fans said, no it isn't.

75% completion is not pretty much done. And even then it's sounds like the game would have still been repetitious hammer swinging gameplay (with motion controls).

For comparison, Star Fox 2 was said to be 90% done.

If an actual proper non spin-off Metroid title had been announced at the same time as Fed Force, it would have taken a lot of pressure off franchises future, for comparisons sake no one complained about Metroid Prime Pinball existing, fans just worried about the quality because the developers previous game being Mario Pinball Land (MPP thankfully turned out to be a good game).
No one complained about spin-off Star Fox Guard existence when it was released alongside SF Zero.

Even the name have "Prime" in it, made fans pissed because it wasn't like the previous Prime's with "scanning" or exact Prime gameplay. Nintendo's justification for that was the Metroid Prime name is used because it's Metroid in FPS view (which always sounded like a stupid reason personally).

Fed Force might have been better off with the SF franchise instead, playing as the 4 Star Fox team members in mech suits, deployed in environments (not wide open outdoor spaces) where they can't use there standard vehicles like the Arwing, Landmaster or the forgotten Blue Marine.