Shepard

Say Holla Forums, what do you suppose was most influential in making bioware the incompetent, cancer pushing shitters that they are today?

On one hand you obviously have the progressives but on the other there's clear EA influence in the way of pruning and or driving away staff, or in pushing tortanic and the openworld mmo shit tier mechanics that come with it on them.

Other urls found in this thread:

please
archive.is/EAlLd
battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/battlefield-charity-mission/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Incompetence.
I'd say "Money" and "Good Planning", but they seem to have neither. Only reason they're so huge is due to other franchises.
Andromeda is clinging to a teat.

I'd say EA. If it wasn't for EA driving anyone that wasn't shit out of bioware, their positions wouldn't have had to be filled with interns straight out of gender studies classes.

Probably gutting 75% of their staff. ME1 is a neat little space opera, and I doubt that the original plans for the Reapers are anywhere near what they turned out to be.
I think in at least 2 years Bioware will be gone, and replaced by an new company. But the sad thing is that this new company will probably still be making Mass Effect games, as I doubt EA has the balls to start a new franchise.

Sure, but isn't that more of a symptom?

I'm kinda leaning towards that myself. I mean, their games always had progressive shit but they generally at least tried to mask it or provide some edgy/not politically correct prompt. And again for all the faulty gameplay their previous games often had I didn't find myself saying fuck it and just giving up on until DAI and MEA.

BioWare applied Marxism to game development with predictable results.

Other EA studios manage to release games that are animated properly and characters that look vaguely human.

My digits.

Women.

Upset your thread got pruned, huh OP?
At least you added a topic this time instead of just relying on the >Wrex >Shepard meme.

As for the answer to your question, I just did a bit of background research into Bioware and the release of the first Mass Effect. SO this is just spitballing as to why everything went to hell.

July 2003: KOTOR is released, and it becomes a big hit for Bioware. After its successful and critically positive reception, Bioware quickly starts preproduction into Mass Effect, probably trying to get lightning to strike twice with their own sci-fi franchise instead of LucasArts'.
Whatever happened to their plans to make a sci-fi universe to compete with Star Wars is quickly bogged down, as Bioware decides they want Mass Effect to use Unreal Engine 3 as opposed to the inhouse Odyssey Engine they used for both KOTOR and Jade Empire. So Bioware spends 4 years learning how to use Unreal 3 and creating the groundwork for ME, and Jade Empire, made with the Odyssey Engine, is given more development focus and released.
During this 4 year production, ME's lead writer Drew Karpyshyn is given a lot of time to fanwank and worldbuild his own little sci-fi world, and that probably helps.
It also helps that EA purchased Bioware October 2007, one month before ME's November 2007 release, so they can't change it up as much as they'd like.

From there, ME is released, and it blows the socks off of everyone who never read or played anything sci-fi and love cinematic video games.
Unfortunately for anyone who did like ME, the Bioware that made ME was already dead and gone before the game released, as EA began to merge Bioware with Mythic studios, as well as inflicting their own particular brand of cancer throughout the division.

So if you're wondering why everything past Mass Effect 1 feels at odds with the original game, from tone to production value to gameplay changes, as well as explaining how a game that was 4 years in production managed to have such bland gameplay, it's because Mass Effect 1 was a slapdash production where Bioware sunk cash into teaching its employees how to use Unreal 3 and into voice actors, a shitload of time for its main writer to fill in the details for its universe, and then having both of its sequels face the gameplay- and writing-by-committee that plagues everything that EA touches. Not to mention, that ME2 had a 3 year production schedule, and ME3 had a 2 year production schedule.

There are many scapegoats that have already been named and without doubt will be blamed again and again, but the main reason is quite uncomfortable, so it's seldom named: fanbases ruin whatever they're fans of. It's not only the chronic dicksuckers who are to blame, hatedom and fandom are the two sides of the same coin that ruins everything. They push their perspectives onto the object of their obsession until the obsession gets mirrored back. Don't try this, those people won't like it - or the wrong kind of people would like it, so don't try that, either. Whether something would be a good idea or not becomes a non-issue, how it fits into pre-existing perspectives is all that counts. A game doesn't need focus testing with hordes of retards to devolve, established fandoms and hatedoms manage to achieve the same. It just takes a little longer.
That's why japanese or slav games seem less influenced by cancer to us, a language barrier between devs and fans slows this process down a lot.

Your first assume KOTOR was good, which it wasn't, and that BioWare were ever talented, which they weren't.

Truth of the matter is that they only rose to notoriety during a period where there was no real competition in the cRPG niche with the money that BioWare threw around. They were a big fish in a small pond, and when competition did arrive it showed everyone how shit BioWare really is.

Same as what happens when every studio shits the bed, it's usually coz the original creators leave.

Gotta say ME1 was a neat little game when it game out. Only one that deserves to be in a top 100, maybe a top 50.

You didn't like MEA? I found it a tolerable time-sink. I spent 40 some hours doing missions, collecting resources, opening vaults, etc. then you beat it by fighting yet another architect remnant so I unistalled and am not waiting for the Quarian Ark DLC.

Women ruin everything. It also explains why the US economy is in the toilet, women are all the administrators unlike 30 years ago they worked all the entry level jobs.

EA. The development time for ME3 was about a year, the game was blatantly unfinished and most of the studio quit after it. At this point it's different people under the name just to keep the brand recognition.

They've been pushing cancer since their inception, just different kind.
Real
time
with
pause.

I've no idea what you're talking about but I'll politely remind your passive aggressive ass how it's a well known and fairly overused meme.

Also, even if you're right, and you pretty much are, their recent games being garbage doesn't give you a free ticket to shit on absolutely everything they did before. Flawed as it may have been.

I couldn't find one redeemable feature about it. The military bitch could be standable were she actually a military bitch and not going about being asari huntress a special little snowflake or some shit every two seconds. There's also a point to be made about failing to ape a wreck-it-ralph character Vetra's pretty much Garrus with tits. And those two are the absolute highlights of all interactable characters.

Everything else from combat to crafting or whatever just feels like a tedious chore. And again, there's point to be made about saying that related to a ME game.

You yourself admit their games are shit, so why shouldn't someone mention the blatantly obvious?

BioWare was never good.

Yeah, those words have the exact same meaning. Thank you, user.

Biodrones are not welcome here.

Plenty of flavours between shit and goat, you know.

Let me put another way. It's flawed shit.

Yeah, user. I'm totally on your side. Fuck those people and their words.
Biodrone is now a synonym with flawed and shit!

Well, yeah.

I doubt I'll ever play it but I'm glad you are finally able to fuck an alien that isn't one of those disgusting blue NotTwi'lek.

By all means, feel free to illustrate how BioWare games are good.

The gameplay is trash and the writing fluctuates between livejournal and tumblr tier. I have no fucking idea what people think is good in these games other than the fact they played them in their childhood.

Just like Holla Forums.

I knew people on here were special but some of you are fucking retarded.

Holla Forums, biodrone, f9c2ab, flawed and shit. All the exact same thing. except flawed, you fucking retard

Maybe, but it still beats shitposting 24/7.

All things considered I'm honestly amazed they missed the opportunity of having a body-less AI relationship.

And BioWare games are still trash. But I guess it's pointless to explain this to people that are still defending them.

It's not about defending or shitting on a particular brand (especially when they've been doing things for years and with different results).

It's about you being an idiot for even trying to argue something as subjective as taste in video games. I too consider some video games trash, but I don't go around talking about it because there is no point to it, I just don't play them.

You're no different than an SJW. In fact, mentally, you probably are one and not even aware of it.

It's bait, user. Shitbait at that.

You aren't explaining shit. I don't even play these games but simply responding to you with "Nuh uh, they are actually perfect and good!" Would carry as much weight as the argument you made.

It's almost like I'm on a board dedicated to just that. What a shocker.

Welcome to Holla Forums, hope you're enjoying your first day dear redditor!

It's time to take your stepdad's gun and do the world a favor.

See that's the thing. I'm not defending anything, except any sane person that can clearly see that you are more retarded than the facial animations in ME:A.

How is he supposed to do that if you don't tell him where you live first? Think, user. Think!

It probably is, but then again it would not surprise me if the guy was serious.

Whatever you say pal, have a good day getting angry at things you can't even change lmao

You chucklefucks are making the claim the games are good, yet haven't presented a single fact to back it up.

All people mention when talking about ME1 is muh lore, and you dumbfucks only do that because you think it's not the most generic sci-fi trash around, what with not reading books and having such low standards that you think BioWare games have good writing.

That and masturbating to your /d/ waifu of choice. I've yet to see anyone praise ME1 for its choices or gameplay, let alone the actual narrative of the game.

But by all means, let's keep pretending your boner for Tali is justification enough to call the game good.

You and your boyfriend are prefect for each other.

Who is this "you" you're talking to? Nothing you mentioned has even been said on here. You're literally talking with your own delusions.

That's uncalled for. :^)

Well, people asked me to provide a reason why the game is shit, and that's what I just did. But feel free to argue the game has good gameplay and that the writing is anything but the same drivel BioWare has been shitting out ever since KOTOR.

That would have been interesting to but I'm baffeled that it took them that long to introduce more "romanceble" aliens. From what I saw there was only Garrus and some yellow dude in the previous games. The rest was humans or those blue shits.

This might come as a surprise to you, being mentally ill and all, but the vast majority of the population does not enjoy your shitty fetishes.

Almost like normal people aren't tumblr and get turned on by creatures that happen to have their vagina in the right place.

That's fair. I just don't understand those people either. Imo you either like something or you don't that's all. No need to get worked up over tastes in videogames.

And I do hate like half of bioware games, I just don't think that throwing shit at each other will amount to anything.

You're forgetting the purple space pikey.

If you're too much of a sensitive cunt and get triggered whenever someone says bad things about a game maybe you should fuck off to reddit and join the rest of the corporate shills in their 24/7 cycle of praising whatever the gaming industry shits out.

Must be nice to be so new you're not even bothering to hide it.

So what the fuck are you doing in a thread about BioWare games on Holla Forums?

Who?

Dear god

Ok, you really aren't self aware right? Talking about triggering and things lmfao

I'm not sure how I implied everything they've ever done is shit as well, just how everything went to hell past ME1. ME2 already had Mac Walters taking over the writing over Drew Karpyshyn, the streamlined/stripped down gameplay (Did players not like the weapon cooldown system/the way the Mako handled/the inventory system? Fuck fixing it, throw it out.), and the entirety of ME2 being essentially filler. ME3 was just everything good and bad about ME2 amplified.
There was another thread with the exact same image and the only thing the OP wrote was "Shepard". If that wasn't you, then my mistake.

I bet you think "Holla Forums hates video games" is board culture too :^)

At least I don't pretend ME1 is good because I like a particular waifu. You idiots actually think ME2 and 3 were somehow a step back in writing quality, or that ME1 was something of a landmark in RPGs.

There's progressive shit, and then there's going through your established lore with a fine comb and hand-retconning problematic shit, like with the Qunari in Cisquisition and the asari in ME:A

Nigga, you made half the posts in this thread yourself simply because there are people that won't stop liking (or even talking about) something you don't like.

but WHY the incompetence

I said ME1 was shit as are all BioWare games, and then a bunch of faggots got butthurt over that.

Also, learn to count.

Whew, what made you drop cuckchan in that case? Or do you just drop in to shitpost?
I don't think I mentioned anything about ME1 being a landmark anything at the beginning of this chain of replies I didn't even say that KOTOR was good or that Bioware was talented, just that KOTOR was successful and Bioware tried to capitalize on it.
This entire chain is you arguing your own assumptions. Good on you for baiting yourself for half a thread tho. :^)

The totally not purple but only half as annoying Aerie-like Quarian mechanic.

Believe it or not but I missed that. And my mistake for mixing you up with the biosperg wonder up above. And bellow, apparently.

By doing what? Wasting years on Dragon Age? You're a master of keen insights. If they had wanted to capitalize on KOTOR they would have made a sequel instead of handing it over to Obsidian.

But by all means, do revel in your smug self assurance.

Define wasted, DAO was commercially successful last I checked. And did they ration your medicine today or something?

As in stuck in development hell for years.

Not as successful as Mass Effect or previous games. Sure, it sold, but not enough to justify all the time they spent developing it. Also, it was a shitshow that managed to remove everything that made BG good, while keeping all the bad parts.

It's okay, the other user is in high school, he knows how to take a burn.

I take it you rolled a paladin in BG?

Let's play a game, tell me what was good about Mass Effect without mentioning either the "novelty" of a sci-fi RPG or the background lore.

Bioware was also given 3 years to finish KOTOR by LucasArts. When Obsidian got the license from Bioware in October 2007, only three months after KOTOR released, they were given only 14 months to make and release KOTOR2. Even reusing the same assets from the previous game, they had to use Bioware's Odyssey Engine, a modified version of the Infinity Engine.
From what it looks like, Bioware palmed off a bad, rushed deal from LucasArts to Obsidian.
You're good at stimulating other people learning about the industry, at least.

The first one? Playing a hardass mostly.

What has that to do with your initial claim that BioWare made ME1 to cash in on the success of KOTOR?

You have to prove BioWare palmed off their award and profit winning IP to some other studio because they didn't like the development time they had been allotted, despite Obsidian, a much smaller studio with less or no experience using their tools and engine managed to make a far more ambitious (if unfinished) game in the same time period lacking the same production pipeline BioWare came up with during the making of KOTOR?

Keep proving your idiocy.

You can do that in every BioWare game starting from Jade Empire. And it's not playing a "hardass", it's playing a poorly written asshole that acts like an asshole for no good reason.

LOL that was pretty good.

It seemed 80sish high sci-fi to me. I don't know, just the music and the sid mead looking tech. I liked playing in that environment and pew pewing.

Do you freelance write for polygon? Not only have you took my good faith reply and threw it in my face but you're bullshiting. The more you play BG the less hardass or straight up evil you can respond. Same for ToR, most DA games and you basically get to play a shota in Andromeda.

Too bad they forgot all the good work Sheppard potentially did for Terra Firma in M1 and Cerberus in M2 and went full on diversity is good in M3.

Okay. Here's exactly that, Mass Effect capitalizing on KOTOR, explained in the first minute, by Casey Hudson himself.

Looks like they did it on a whim and as a gesture of goodwill to Obsidian.
Of course, you'd have to be an idiot to believe that line, because that's a fuckton of money to give away on a whim.

Still wish you could have kept working with Cerberus. Everything about them, including motives, made sense.

oh boy what could go wrong when homosexua started thinking they had to turn everything into their propaganda pieces

please use archive.is/articles/qanda-obsidian-entertainments-feargus-urquhart/1100-6104565/

Here's that interview saying that it was a gesture of good faith that Obsidian could make KOTOR2.

archive.is/EAlLd
Thought link breaking would work.

Jesus fucking Christ

EA cares about nothing but pure profit.
If they forced Bioware to cut staff it's because they stopped giving them as much money due to them failing to meet expectations and Bioware had to make do with less people.

Someone at Bioware saw a studio making games for a niche of people (there really ain't that many wRPG fans compared to other genres) and a niche incapable of sustaining a studio as large as theirs.
So they tried to appeal to the masses, but they can't do it with sheer action and explosions because they do RPGs mostly. The only thing they can use to get mass appeal is to pick some popular political philosophy or mainstream ideology and pander to it, hoping they buy the game as some king of Bible and a practical example of that ideology done right.

Problem is, while feminism, racism and all the other ism's in the market looked popular, they actually weren't a good market to sell videogames on. Bioware was without resource and simply bet in the wrong worse. They fell for the classic "surprise, we don't actually like videogames!"

There's something here about lack of communication between the devs and their playerbase, or rather bad communication. A few twats and yes-men on your forum do not make an entire community and diversity of mindsets was what they needed, not diversity of skin color. However when you think you're a rock star, you don't waste time with the fans.

EA is just standard money-grabbing evil corp but their involvement is fairly minimal. Just stick Bioware to the wall and force them to solve their problems as fast as possible, which they can't do in a competent manner because they are too full of themselves.

ME1 is the only good one, MEA is a stupid time sink but wasn't dogshit like 2 and 3. Really the series is bad but ME1 is tolerable. This has gone on too long, sage.

I'd play ME2 over ME1 any day of the week and twice on grunt loyalty mission day.

That stuff just can't compete with the glory of ME:A.
Be sure to not miss the best part at minute 1:41.

Truly a masterpiece.

Liberals tried to do something, and as usual, they failed spectacularly.

I don't get is why their limbs get smaller and smaller with each game.

True, it was in ME2 that I chuckled when running around the krogan area and one tells the other to "stop watching that shit, it'll rot your brain". Pretty funny because that is what TV does, in the far future in space it's probably no different.

In 2 you are in corridor mission areas all the time, in A it's much more wide open. 3 is one of the worst games of all time, you can't say it's better than A.

Easy, they hired the wrong people for the sake of diversity. That's enough to fuck up the whole pipeline.

Nigger they've been shit since 2011 thanks to DA2.

These days they also care a lot about their general image. That's why they did this last year: battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/battlefield-charity-mission/

They were always shit. Their games are less RPG then J"RPG"s.

Unlike corridors their AI can't handle open, there are invisible walls all over the place and almost all of the fights are generic respawns. And why the fuck can't you mount a LMG or a krogan on that buggy or at least run over critters?

Actually I don't think it's even "diversity" with Bioware. They are hiring people straight out of a degree-factory. They have no experience, skill, talent, or even education that would stand up anywhere else. Couple that with horrible working conditions and extremely high turnover. The people in the highest positions (eg lead writer/artist etc) aren't there because they are skilled, they are there because they aren't good enough to leave.

Being voted worst company of the year is bad for the stock.

This whole game stinks of "how do you do fellow tumblr kids," from the snarky Joss Whedon dialogue to the lore rape

the asari npc you get is the worse example of that

What do you mean? Which asari NPC?

Yeah you can't run over enemies it seems silly. Maybe because the mass effect device on the rover keeping it upright all the time makes it too light? It's dogshit either way because I plowed in to enemies the whole game hoping to kill one but nothing happens.

Also the AI in A is a lot better than 3. I remember many NPCs getting stuck on surfaces and peeking. I couldn't play it for very long being that it was so fucking bad

you only get the one blue one, the human doesn't count as an asari no matter how much she tries to be the japanese white girl.

Oh, you mean Peebee. Yeah, she's insufferable, and I knew she'd be from the moment Bioware described her as rebellious. She makes me miss Mission Vao somehow. Cora being a weeb for the asari was funny if only because she made tumblr cry about "cultural appropriation" when they weren't crying about her not being a dyke

EA has never not shit up an acquisition
even if you make comparisons to similar virtue signaling in their pre-EA works, it was always in much better taste before 2007
although Juhani's desire for yuri in KotOR was far too out of nowhere. Of course this is a character they were going to cut completely at LucasArts's insistence, so they probably had a good deal more dialogue written up

Did they avoid lore raping the Turians or have I just not seen it yet?

EA. Basically Johnny Ravioly basically tricked Bioware/Pandemic into selling themselves out to EA. From then on, the quality declined rapidly. Dragon Age 1 Awakening was the first game where you noticed the sinking quality. Then it got worse, with the latest turd being Ass Defect Gonorrhea.

Also, Bioware has stopped existing since a few years - EA just uses the name for different shit-studios full of leftards and underpaid & overworked college graduates.

Turian females are suddenly everywhere, and the game is obnoxiously proud of it. Apart from that their lore is mostly intact. A lot of jokes are made at the expense of the rigidity and seriousness of their society

You sure we've played the same game? In ME3 they tried flanking or throwing grenades, here they either charge or stand with a thumb up their arse pondering whether to react to sniper potshots.

Also don't get me started on all the baby panic buttons like that stealth dodge bullshit. They routinely breed and train beasts capable of going invisible but this completely baffles them? For fucks sake.

Agreed, bioware's fanbase have always been utter leftarded, passive-aggressive, sniveling toadies who become rabid against anyone daring to critisize their perfect developer.

stop being a retard once in your life ok

rtwp is a far superior system than the shitty boring clunky round based combat a lot of shitty rpgs use

As much as I hate Peebee, she does sometimes have some funny lines. If you go on exploration with her and Jaal, there's always some weird stuff happening in the Nomad.
>Peebee: "it's ok, we can do it here in the nomad, Jaal is asleep"
>my character didn't understand what she was talking about
>Peebee starts moaning, like if she was having sex, then… she yells at Jaal, saying that he should stop lying, he wasn't sleeping.
I remember having recorded that moment but I can't find the video. If I ever find it I'll upload the webm in a ME thread.

Bioware were never really that good at writing, getting constant praise for sub-par shit is going to cause a gradual decline in what quality there is even without the influence of EA and agenda-pushing (though I doubt that helped).

That's gotta be the biggest turbo-virgin on all of Holla Forums right now. It's sad when your life consists solely of autistic shit-tier trolling on the internet.

I think it was obvious from the start that The Reapers were supposed to be at least a bit eldritch and unexplained.

Then they fucked it up.

Yeah the AI isn't that good I know but in 3 I could swear they were much much worse. In A I used the turrian and krogan so all they did was charge in, I'm not sure if everyone acted like that to judge.

So you think Leviathan was based on H.P. Lovecraft ideas? After all Lovecraft creatures were able to manipulate with reality and consciousness of their victims, through telepathy and indoctrination.

That is one of the main issues I have with MEA. It's not that they're on Andromeda, it's that they're fucking everywhere.

Twice, even beating out the banks that caused the great recession

obviously, squid faces and all this water, but they fucked up the execution so the cosmic horror aspect fell flat, also they look exactly like reapers which we were intimately familiar so no spook factor

What?

The exploration/open world was a big part of what made ME1 great. In some aspects the exploration in MEA is better than ME1, but it's still boring to use the Nomad because it has no defense system. It's like driving a golf cart instead of a tank in the middle of a war.

I've been re-examining BG2 with these very thoughts in mind and I have come to the conclusion that Bioware was always shit

to illustrate this point I would like to remind all that are reading of the terrible romance options, all elves and easily summarized as such
Bioware was always shit

OH
and the lack of evil path options in BG1 and BG2

Since BG2 is the greatest RPG of all time, every game must be shit for you. Must be nice to live out your assburger syndrome on the internet.

Yes, because I remember the best part of the original was driving a car that handled like shit around a barren planet so I could explore and see all the beautiful rock.

top pleb

I bet (You) don't even use Carsomyr on your chaotic evil fighter/thief. Faggot.

Shame.

Somewhat unrelated, but since we're on the topic of nu-Bioware and Mass Effect, did they even try to put in a nod to the Reporter punch scene in Andromeda?
Or did they ignore it completely because hitting shitty lying reporter bitches isn't progressive?

No but I think you can fuck the asari reporter. Yes, this is what Mass Effect has become, literally "make love not war"

Sounds familiar.

Do you want a vagina to go with the salt?

First thing first, the way I remember it being described, ME1 was "Jack Bauer in Space" with a lot of edgy collar grabbing, only that BioWare are so retarded they have no idea why 24 was what it was. Jack Bauer wasn't an asshole because he felt like it, he became more and more extreme as the clock ticked down. You have nothing of the sort in ME1. There is no time pressure, there is no hidden clock that pushes players to pick the "mean" choice out of necessity, choosing to act like a dick is pure window dressing on the part of the player so he can fill up his asshole meter and be an even bigger asshole the next time he gets the option.

It also fails because at no point is the player motivated to act like a dick. You can either chose to punch out an autistic person or not, you can either chose to be a dick to your squadmate or not, none of it matters, none of it has far reaching consequences and at no point is the player presented with a difficult moral choice they have to agonize over (other than in maybe two instances). In BioWare games in general you always know what choice to pick because the game gives no compelling reason to take the evil route. You're not going to see anything exclusive to it, and more often than not the rewards for doing so are lesser than the shit you get for being lawful stupid.

You seem to have no fucking clue why BioWare games are RPGs. Even the first Witcher is superior to anything they've shat out. There both sides of the argument are shown to be ambiguous, choices that you make in one chapter can have a major influence in another. There is very little of that in BioWare games, to the point I think they only put in the "evil" choice in there so they could say they made a choice driven cRPG on the box, but fully expect no one to pick the evil choices in a serious playthrough.

Basically, come back and post here once you've graduated from high school.

You can fuck quite a few characters. Without consequence either. The crazy Asari lets you fool around with her in an Escape pod, no strings attached.

The really sad part is just how easy it is to rip one of these games and the plot they recycled five times over to shreds without resorting to cringe edgefaggotry or making shit up. But that wouldn't make the bait half as appealing, would it?

Sounds real progressive. Is it true that the female ryder has more of a backbone in her replies as opposed to the male PC?

I know reading comprehension is hard. What's the fucking point of telling the player shit is urgent when the game at no point punishes you for not hurrying up? Also, you're so retarded you confuse in mission timer with a overworld timer.

At least FO1 had a timer that followed you for more than half the game, giving the illusion of urgency and giving you a bunch of quests that you could solve to extend the time limit.

It drives me up the fucking wall. She's so obviously trying to sound cool and tough. She's aping Jennifer Hale's style, which tells me she couldn't think of a way to make her own acting sound unique, or the VA coach just told her to imitate FemShep

Better have a good corridor than a worthless open world, you dingus.

Do you want to get punished? Were you spanked as a child?

Terra Firma and Cerberus were different entities, too bad the ME2 and 3 writing team thought that "humanity first" means "evil racist". Even in MEA you encounter a Cerberus team acting like "human supremacists" instead of being like Cerberus from ME1.

Yeah I think I made the mistake of picking up FemRyder. I just didn't want to look at a man's butt. Her voice is really bad, even her "professional" tone sounds ironic.

What, already ran out of arguments? It's fine, not all of us can cross over into a three digit IQ score.

Then make another run with male Ryder and enjoy Cora's glorious ass.
To be honest I find both va "meh". F-Ryder tries to hard to be cool and badass - which is stupid with that face. M-Ryder sounds like a guy who just woke up, most of the time.

Male Ryder is like a walking, talking plank of wood. The voice actor for the Female Ryder actually has a bit of emotion in her voice, though she still makes Femshep look like an Oscar winner.

Have you seen his VA? Quintessential low energy nu-male

If we could harness the sheer autism from your shitbait we'd probably colonize Andromeda by current year + 6. Disseminating bullshit by moving the goalpost as it were or the shittiest provocation this side of an actual high school doesn't make it any less bullshit.

I'd still like to slap the git that figured it's a good idea to change them from Section 31 to generic evil anime humans, complete with the weaboo ninjas.

Hardly surprises me.

They look exactly how they sound

Do you even have an AI implant?

Jesus Christ.

The shit? Is it real? Which one is the man?

Which one did the voice for the male Ryder again?

Are you so much of a faggot that you can't help but stare at a small potion of the screen?

Are you so much of a faggot that you can't stare at a man's ass on the screen?

One more thing and this is important when you fug Vetra as femryder,who's on top?

Definitely Vetra.
Sara is just a submissive bitch who likes to be head down ass up, ready for an omnistrap-on.
She has to appear as a leader all the time, so in bed she acts like the autistic little nympho she is and wants it to be brutal.

Still less a slut than femshep

Reputation system is shit man

I don't know, it was already a pain in the ass to get to a level where I can finally enjoy my good old adept play style.
I went with FemRyder because I couldn't make a passable/good custom face for MaleRyder. Weirdly enough this custom FemRyder doesn't show that horrible default grin but her eyes are too big. One issue: her father looks like an abo.

I agree, they were better as the equivalent of Section 31. Cerberus as a transhumanist group in ME3 made no sense.

I'm not the one who needs to remove men so I don't stare at their asses, homo.

It's just a prank, bro.

Guys you need to know. Male Ryder is canon and with Vetra.

Vetra and Ryder marry and make Hurian babies and raise Sid and fem Ryder as their own.

I misread your post. Now I feel silly.

but mooooom, those aren't dolls, they are action figures

That hurian abominations meme is still alive?

Male Ryder belongs to Cora, sorry

Maybe as a nietzschean transhumanist group?

Vetra seems like she'd enjoy tail pulling, headpats and being drilled into the ground so I assume they'd both end up railed by SAM.

Pretty sure the nigger and the twilek ayy found a hippie commune slash gay bar with the male Ryder in the official version.

Fuck EA and all but I think a big factor is HR diversity hires forced on them. They're kind of big enough to take a failure like this by letting all the faggot haired good goy trannies fail freely.

Bravo Bioware

But before it was only faggots who play femsheps which were 11% of playthroughs.

Now there is a hot female Turian that needs to breed with Ryder.

Yeah all of the other characters were rubbish except Vetra and Drack.

Which I am not doing. You said the one positive thing about ME1 is that it lets you play the "hardass". I merely pointed out that that, much like everything else in the game is a shallow mechanic that has no real in-game consequences.

It's not my fault ME1 is babby's first RPG and you think being an edgelord in space managed to amaze your underage brain.

Is it possible to create a real white character now, in this fucking game?

That is so 2000s, get on my level by becoming apart of the Geth and having a 5 digit IQ with more processing power than your puny AI implant.

I must admit that the game gave me a new appreciation for Salarians.

Vent all you want user but you'll never unrape what Gaider did to you behind that Arby's back in '09.

It was a total fucking cop out they made Slarian girls look exactly the same as the men. Just stupid.

I've been replaying 1/2, and will move on to 3 but there are some details that I have missed before.
For example, Drell essentially being slaves for Hanar and only living for that. ME2 has a lot more fucked up shit in it than 1, especially the backstory for Jack. If you listen to all of them it really sounds like a constant stream of misfortune.

underrated

The animation is fucked up in a lot of conversations.
Sometimes the character's arms have Parkinson's or you can see an angaran 3D model rising 10 centimeters up because it wasn't at the right height.

Can you mod a game running on Frostbite?

I am actually considering buying this game for ps4. Already have dragon age inquisition. It would add to my collection of shit games.

if you must, buy it used to not support the jew, I'm sure many people are trying to sell this piece of shit

Are you suggesting that the average "gamer" has taste buds? Has hell frozen over?

I don't like the khôl, but apart from that, she looks cool.
Would hold her hand and hug her for hours.

I know right. That's why Jack is probably the character who has the best evolution between ME2 and ME3.
A lot of players seem to hate her because she's "edgy" or "whiny", that kind of shit. But when you look back at her story, man…Of course she is!

About fucked up things, for me there's the Rachni case.
Everybody's crying about how the Krogan are about to disappear because of the genophage ; that's sad because "muh Wrex is so cool". We have to save them and shit.
Seriously? Krogans are a bunch of primitive slow brains that almost commit a genocide before, on the Rachni ( who are, actually, much more than insect drones! ), but apparently nobody cares about that.

For me, the Krogans are more whiny than Jack. And I hate how proud they are about how they almost exterminated a conscious species.
Fuckin hypocritical cunts.

Alright, I feel conflicted over this post.
On the one hand if you're making a collection of shitty games the ME:A completely belongs in that collection. On the other hand you're giving money to Bioware and EA.

Get a used copy if you really want to play the game.
I thought the multiplayer would be as comfy as the one in ME3 but so far it's "meh". Instead of 10+1 waves it's only 6+1 when the game doesn't crash.

You're missing the forest for the trees

Do it faggit then buy it for the PC and XBOX too:^)

What's the name of the prison in her recruitment mission again?

Purgatory. Why?

Kill your self you dumb nigger, the krogan had literally ever right to exterminate a bunch of rapefuge bugs.

Choosing weird lizard monsters hat like to headbutt each other and nearly wiped themselves out over a misunderstood race of bugs who were wrongfully exterminated.

Even on Holla Forums Mass effect attracts cucks like flies to shit.

EA has little to do with Bioware becoming a POS it is today, everyone involved with the company became paint chip eating hippies who wanted to "Broaden our understanding of humanity" thus started to push whatever agenda's they could find

After the "If you don't buy EA games then you're a homophobe" campaign they doubled down in their insanity, thus everyone left and they kept hiring more and more liberal nutjobs and the games got worse and worse

Signs of this was easily around Mass Effect 3 after they went back on all their promises and said the game was "A masterpiece" and that "Gamers don't know how to make games thus shouldn't comment" on it shit despite us being the reason they're allowed to exist as a company

Coupled with more and more insanity and constant PR nightmares as all their employee's engaged in shit talking on various media outlets we're now left with a game company that will easily become another tombstone in EA's plot, and sadly they only have themselves to blame

Not to mention blowing money out their ass left and right and carving up their games severely just to sell DLC so they could please big pappa EA

I just now realized rachni were an obvious rip off of Enders Game and I feel retarded

Your argument refutes itself tbh. if there was any justice left in the Mass Effect universe humans would be in complete control and all aliens would be irrelevant at worst or purged at best.

Had the exact same thought as I wrote my argument but didn't have the heart to delete my reply and start again.

Just some riddiculous shit like how some of their best writing names and all, is a straight up transplant.

But that's no way to earn your citizenship.

Typical cuck shit. You can cry over a bunch of bugs as much as you want but at the end of the day the krogan turned the tide.

They literally nuked their own Home planet to dust, how is that not savage?

we are on the brink of doing it too, how are we not savage>

Do you know why they call the period we live in the Long Peace?

Did I ever say we weren't?

but we didn't get space AIDS from salarians

We have Jews doing everything in their power to stop the white race from having babies.

Can you prove your self a cuck anymore?

Seriously kill your self, you're a waste of mass.

The Rachni were indoctrinated, like the entire species.

Did you miss my post where I said humans should be purging ALL of the xenos, you fucking nigger?

Why do you think that is? Maybe because we're less savage than Krogans? So, what you're saying is purging the Krogans would be justified? Did you just make my point for me?

What if the whole Krogen rebellion and the genophage aftermath is a huge coverup by the Salarians? Being experts on genetic manipulation it's perfectly plausible they modified their females for the same reason they made most Krogen impotent.

Just a general lack of creativity.
They have been making the same game now for 20 years or more just changing the settings and the characters and adding in gay sex.

What if salarians are actually female krogans? And the reason the krogans can't reproduce is just that.

If you haven't noticed, a lot of ME2 references the fact that Shepard fucking died by naming shit like this. Afterlife, Purgatory, Archangel, etc.

The infiltration of communist propagandists among teachers and various other roles giving them access to American and Canadian children in the late-80's mid-90's.

Humans just aren't an immediate threat to salarians, and they have no means of spreading the virus due to humanity being much more widespread. It's also likely that it wouldn't work on most of the population due to humans being a lot more genetically diverse than other species in the galaxy.

In ME:A it's pure laziness, just like every asari NPC is a reskin of the doctor's 3D model.

But what if the fresh from the victory Krogen threatened Salarians extinction by sheer cuckoldry? Would Mordin's lack of a wife explain why is he willing to remove the genophage?

I'd go with that if there wasn't a certain other shaved head edgy female psikick self styled Jack rescued from a merc ran prison named Purgatory.

EA games. is this a real question?

Do Sophons even have mouths?
How do they breast feed?

Yes but at least Garrus knew how to stay professional. That's another issue I have with ME:A, every character act like if we're all buddies, speaking in a semi-sarcastic tone. The only character I really like is Drack, he a good father figure.

Presumably they'd have some alternate orifice.

And remember, mass raping the whole galaxy and turning everything into glowing green cyborgs, down to the plants around, is the "good" choice and everyone is happy ever after.

This has already happened. The real BioWare is in Edmonton, and we haven't heard a peep out of them since Shadow Realms was cancelled. I suspect their team is either completely gone or in the process of being slowly dismantled.
"BioWare Montreal," an EA-created studio, made Andromeda. Their only previous relationship with the real BioWare was making the multiplayer for ME3.

What did they retcon?

muh pronouns

The krogan now looks like snails, for fucks sake.

Nobody knew about the rachni. They never did any effort to communicate. It was a bug war, against the horde of alien locusts. Remember that the proteans, the reapers, the leviathans or whatever else weaponized the rachni and set them on the loose.

Not to be that guy, but Marxism is an analytical tool and nothing else.

I think you're mostly right. However, ME1 came out in late 2007, and ME2 in early 2010, so they really only had 2 years and a couple months for the entire process. I believe I read somewhere that their production phases for ME2 and ME3 were both 18 months long.

Why would a monogendered race even have gendered pronouns?
That whole fucking shitshow is absurd when you think about the retarded, anthropocentric assumptions that are needed in order for an alien to care about muh pronouns:
1. They must have sex.
2. They must have language.
3. They must be sufficiently like us in psychology to have things like pronouns.
4. They must be sufficiently like us to give a shit about things like pronouns.
That kind of shit is what makes me lament the entire series' lack of creativity with aliens. For every slightly-out-there race like the hanar or the Thorian, you have two or three races that are basically just humans with funny heads. Where are the sentient clouds? The distributed networks of intelligent algae? The hyperintelligent crystals? Why is everything so fucking normal?

Every discount writer who thinks he's an underappreciated genius is doing their best impersonation of Joss Whedon's dialogue writing, and it's a fucking nightmare.

Because those people are liars

Don't forget that "they have to wear clothes" too. (video)

I agree.

I just dropped this piece of crap game.
I got a crack few days ago, and I tried it…But no, just no. I can't.

It's stupid, it's boring. There no intensity, no awesome score, no good lines, Ryder has no charisme, social justice everywhere…
The UI is a complete mess, that's insane. The save system is unbelievable shitty (no quicksave, only weird autosave sometimes.

It's like a MMO in solo, with boring, redundant quest that boring as fuck.

The things I like: the sound of the guns, some planets are cool even if they're damn empty, and Cora, like really…

If some of you here hesitate or want to buy it - I've seen an user who wanted to buy a copy: don't!
Just don't. Shitposting apart, that game is just not fun. Period.

Took you long enough.

heh

Salarians don't marry. They just make breeding contracts.

Copy that.

And then millions of gentiles starve to death. But of course, that is a pure coincidence.

Hello, frog.

Shitposting must be hard work. I hope you are refueled with tendies and ready to earn more GBPs.

Bioware began screening employees to ensure they were far left. They wouldn't hire people unless their social media profiles matched the political alignment they were trying to push within the company. Management also hired people they were dating. Essentially trading sex for money.

It's called having a life.

Never worry Rabbi, true communism has never been tried before.

I wonder if there is any leviathan porn

Thank you, goy.

Now I'm curious.

I'm just happy I left such an impression on you that you counted down the hours I was missing from your life.

Sadly, I'm not a butt pirate like you and must respectfully decline your homosexual advances.

lol what a gay

They hired that crazy bitch that was VR "raped" and had no problems with the Curry Thunder smearing shit all over his public profile. I have nothing against leftists applying their demented ideology to business, it's always hilarious to watch them inevitably fail.

What really gets me is how unprofessional they, and every other leftists developer, seems to be about everything. Any criticism, no matter how constructive, is viewed as a direct, personal attack on the developer. I remember how Gayder behaved back when BSN was still a thing and when the last few BioWare fans with a shred of sanity were trying to give constructive criticism to the writers, only to be met with passive aggressive screeching from the numale cuckolds. If they want to make shitty dating sims why the fuck don't they just make them? Why do they prance around pretending they are hot shit when even three man indie teams can release superior RPGs than their that actually have choices, consequences and branching paths?

français?

It would just be some guy masturbating while a leviathan is watching from the window, nothing else.

Yep. Just made a typing mistake.

What a waste of perfectly good fetish material.

Progressively shittier work conditions, longer hours, more budget cuts, more passion from the team being chopped to bits by the production directors who want to "capture X audience" instead of the people whom the artists actually knows plays the fucking game.

These things all leading to the most talented people either becoming disillusioned and uninspired or quitting altogether, making way for the newest hires from "game maker's univerisity" which is of course populated by nothing but hipsters and their failed dev instructors in the first place.

Are Salarian cuntboys impotent?

I guess I don't have a lot of imagination.

Seriously? Artists never do their homeworks?

The only thing BioWare is passionate about is virtue signaling. They could give less of a shit about anything else.

no? how many times have you seen someone draw otherwise pretty good hentai with an upside down vagina?

Two are internal. You do your homework

Bonus points if concept art version

yeah theyre inside your mom

This. The problem doesn't come from the people they hire temporarily but the main team, those who are in command, like the Weekes (his wife/co-author posted that pic 2 years ago, she was so proud of seeing that code of conduct at the entrance of the GDC building).

Them pesky right wingers ruined dragons quest. Damn them.

You forgot to mention the forced multiplayer in ME3.

Get out of here, Stalker.

Half the studio is composed of people who sucked someone's dick to get hired. What can you expect? Bioware could fail, and it wouldn't have much impact. Most of the games people love were produced by Black Isle Studios, which are now split between Obsidian and InXile. If someone is interested in titles similar to the ones they enjoyed, then they should look there.

Neither Obsidian nor InXile have made a good game ever since they started their kikestarter scams, and now they are no less pozzed that BioWare. I was primarily talking about Age of Decadence and Underrail.

They haven't made a great game, but what they have produced is better than what Bioware has done since ME3. As for being a scam, they are relying on nostalgia to push their games. That's nothing new.

Are you for real? Inxile never made a good game, ever, and obsidian has yet to release a finished game.

Bioware was never good. KotOR has the exact same design flaws with absolutly terrible level design, combat design and story that didn't make up for it. Baldur's Gate has different but serious design flaws as well.

Pic unrelated.

I hate this generation. All fiction and literature is going to suck for the next 40 years something fierce.

Meanwhile people in STEM can't find anything.

ya all the stem jobs are already taken by immigrants and people who graduated 10 years ago. The people who in mainstream media who memed STEM is the best shit to get in to were late to the game. It's like telling people to get in to plastics or bitcoin mining now.

Fallout is a better fucking RPG than Baldur's Gate 2, the only thing BG2 has going for it is a sub-par plot trying to imitate a badly written JRPG with DnD conventions. Even NWN is better, all BG2 does is win the Bioware special olympics in having a coherent plot.

Second Image

Bioware was literally never fucking good. NEVER. They stole art assets and fucked around on their very first games, like Neverwinter Nights.
I wish you blind faggots would stop worshipping the past through your nostalgia goggles, Bioware has always been a B-rate studio.

Nobody is saying Bioware was ever good you fagmaster

If you don't produce value on your own, then why would anyone hire you?

Just be honest- you never actually played bg2, have you?

Fuck you Bioware.

The retro-active nerd-hate seizures of some turbo-autists here is pretty funny to watch :)

Just be honest- you never actually played bg2, have you?

Fallout has shit-tier turn-based combat though. It has half-way, almost decent writing, though a lot VNs have that do. As a game, it's shit. Terrible balancing and gameplay.

producer = company who gives money to developer to actually make a game. black isle never actually made any good game.

Indeed, though I believe it goes back a bit further, perhaps to the late seventies.

Wait a tiny bit to read the rest of the thread before posting so you can fit all your replies in one post you ADHD nigger

Just pirate it.

maybe you shuld stop being worthless and write yourself, it cant be hard to come up with something better

Logically they shouldn't, and probably don't. Whatever word they use to refer to themselves must be neutral since they lack any contrasting genders, thus their monogender. All asari we meet in all the games (including ME:A) and all supplementary material are called she/her, which establishes this rule. In ME1 Liara says she's not exactly a man or a woman as an asari, establishing that gendered words have no meaning to her species. The fact that she doesn't apply either to herself lets you peer beyond the technicalities introduced by the setting's universal translators. The universal translators call asari she/her because other species view them as feminine. Words like "Matriarch" and "Huntress" reflect this. However, lacking any contrasting genders, their monogender must contain all expressions and identities, making having any pronoun other than the neuter (translated as she/her) superfluous. This is why you can't try to cover for ME:A's retardation by saying they're using pronouns from extraterrestrial languages because they're absorbing new genders or something. Asari didn't just pop into existence yesterday. They've been around long enough to do all the things other species might call masculine or feminine, but the asari have grouped all those things into their monogender. Any other pronouns they use must logically be loan words from other languages to describe the genders of other species for linguistic purposes. Using those loan words to refer to themselves would actually be less efficient than using their neuter pronoun.

Then you have Aria saying she calls Patriarch that word because it, a masculine word, and counterpart to Matriarch, means nothing in her language and culture. Aethyta mocks Shepard for trying to use human ideals of "mother" and "father" on asari. You find elegant, feminine asari like Samara called she/her. You find gruff, masculine asari like Aethyta and Aria still called she/her. All asari are this one word, whatever it is, and ME:A fucks it up because the retarded gender studies degrees graduates Bioware hired can't tell the difference between the very simple Greek stems "mono," meaning "one," and "poly," meaning "many."

In other words, asari suddenly using he/him and actual gender-neutral pronouns to refer to themselves is just a case of dumb SJWs retconning problematic lore so it's palatable for fellow SJWs. This shit just pisses me off because I'm a lore autist and I think good lore lets the fluff be mysterious so people who are really autistic can theorize about it.

You are literally the only person I have ever seen who actually WANTS a game to make them rush.

I have never seen what kind of mental sickness could cause that.

Do the middle-aged men writing this shit still think DUDE WEED is counter culture? Smoking is mainstream as fuck and 'subtle' shit like this isn't at all clever or edgy. You don't get to say 'yeah, take that THE MAN' when you're part of corporate America and also a grown-ass adult with your wife's kids.

And you want the game to tell you repeatedly to rush when there's actually no reason to?

It's about in game narrative, If you tell a player something is urgent then you best contrive something to make them purse that that goal urgently, otherwise they lose interest and remember they are playing a game. It's Immersion shattering.

I can accept the dicking about in ME1 (to a degree) because there was only a ticking clock introduce in the last act.

Certainly a lot better than dealing with a freaking time limit all game long. That nearly killed ME2 for me. I wanted to bring Legion on a bunch of missions, but the way they structured things meant I was severely limited in that. It was either hold off on the side missions and gimp myself out of weapons and levels, or be forced to stick with DLC missions to play with the cool robot.

This argument I'll accept. Narrative structure is CRAZY important in RPGs. Still, I'd rather not deal with Time Limits in non platformers outside of certain situations.

It doesn't even need to be time limits, for example in mass effect 2 then entire Normandy crew gets collected and the final mission opens up, it's clear what you should do.

If you DO dick about after that point Kelly gets dissolved in an unclear manor. It is Kelly right? ME2's "quirky" sectary lady thingy?

Yes.

Bioware now just isn't the same as the bioware from years ago. It 100% a entirely new entity. Just look at how the Mass Effect series evolved. The first game was incredibly inspired game unique from everything else. The second used all that inspiration and made a game that normalfags could cling onto. The third game was generic and uninspired, essentially abandoning any and all aspirations to be unique and player-involved.

and if the writer didnt have a job youd say his opinion doesnt matter becuase hes a bum

you picked the game that best sums up my problem with the concept. I just got Legion! I wanna go on side missions with the Geth teammate, but if I dick around too much I'm locked out of the golden ending!

So it's either leave a ton of stuff unfinished and gimp myself for the endgame, throw away the best ending, or horribly limit how many missions I can take Legion on.

They let you have Legion's BFF mission and nobody dies, but only that

The mission countdown doesn't start until the collectors attack your ship, the number of missions before they do varies based on how many you have left. I was able to do Tali's recruitment, and both of their loyalty missions before they attacked.

steal it

canada

EA and emulating GoW. GoW fucking sucks, why was it popular?

Oh and yeah, gutting people, most likely because of politics.

The gameplay was pretty good. Mako was fun for console player who werent shit.

It was more the Assault Rifle was fucked and fucking useless. The projectile generation system was all kinds of stupid. But ignoring that, there was exactly three optimal loadouts. Poloniums and frictionless. Or Rails and high explosive.

With frictionless, well….yeah.

Shitters gonna shit.

Its only purpose was generatiingt monies for spectre gear and gun mods. There needed to be a better system. Oh and omnigel was nice but you know whatever

Fix the ammo issue, and yes. ME2 heads and shoulders over ME1.

Krogan bitches being everywhere isnt too bad , Salarian females tho….wtf.

Leftism. It makes people into literal retards incapable of producing anything of worth.

I'm thinking it was important to have a lot of females on the andromeda initiative, for very obvious reasons. The females weren't on your race's home planets anymore so you couldn't go back and have children with them, you needed to take them with you. It makes sense to me at least. What are you going to do have 50,000 males and 16 human and salarian females like in the other games while the females stayed on terminus prime worlds? Think about it for a moment will you…

That being said we're going to see female hannar, volus, and elcor in the upcoming DLC probably. Of course we'll see quarian because they're arc is still missing but they're going to have to drag females of the other races too.

What dissappoints me is how many of you retards actually gave EA money and played this at all

Can you blame us? Also you are not correct in your assumption.

I think even apart from the logistics of it, taking such large numbers of critically important females ought to have an effect on the population and culture of these species back home, definitely enough that you ought to have heard something about it happening back in ME2 and ME3. It's just one more thing that makes it obvious Andromeda was forced into the franchise because EA cracked the whip on Bioware

Also think how depleting these species of their females would affect how they'd recover after the fireworks show at the end of ME3

Ok by the time ME happened there have got to be more than 7 billion humans, other races (barring the krogan of ofc rachni) have got to have much much more. 25k females isn't a big deal to any of the races, maybe not even krogan since females are born regardless if they have the 'phage or not.

There needs to be more of this.
Garrus shooting every character in Andromeda is one of those things I didn't know I needed until now.

Can I just say I love that Garrus is Copy/Pasted? That honestly just makes it funnier.

I'm ok with this.

I wonder what the VA's first language is.

Yes but it's a shitty article from Polygon. ME:A has a lot of issues but the open world aspect isn't one of them.
ME:A as a soft reboot tried to emulate what made ME1 memorable. Like every soft reboot, the final product is "the same but slightly different": the open world exploration is back, the maps are smaller than ME1 and have more objectives ; you have a vehicle but it's not the Mako and it's not equipped with a turret or a missile launcher, etc.
Polygon doesn't want to acknowledge the shitty writing or the shitty animations but instead focuses on something that is an improvement over ME1. I'd bet that the blogger who wrote that article has only played ME3.

Hey don't kill Cora, she's actually nice and cute

The open world is an empty piece of shit that looks decent in a few corners and the few things thar are in there aren't exciting either (the same vaults, combat encounters and invisible mining spots).
Just because everything else about the game is worse doesn't mean that the combat and open world is good all of a sudden.

I've you got anymore?

Polygon picking up on and gushing about the asari pronoun bullshit in ME:A shows you exactly what Bioware wanted to achieve and exactly who they wanted to appeal to with that lore-rape

Sorry user but you are wrong. The open world aspect in Andromeda is terrible.
That's "ok" in a scenario way, but a complete turbotrash in a matter of gameplay.

I heard that the open world is nice the first few times you experience it, and on the first playthrough. Afterwards you quickly realize the openness is an illusion and there are invisible walls everywhere disguised as high radiation zones