Cortex Command General

who here /erasing dummies/?
what faction is your favorite?
favorite unit? Weapon(s)?
What mods got?
Are you making anything?

I'm gonna try to make a fantasy late '40s military units with shit like assault rifles coupled to general early 20th century gear for the shit of it

Other urls found in this thread:

ufile.io/0z96d
my.mixtape.moe/spjcrt.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what the hell, I thought this was in developer hell.
10 years in the making and yet no co-op, that could help booster the community

not exactly
there's been a lotta updates recently (including optimization ones) and just general mechanics upgrades
online multiplayer would be dope as fuck especially since mods are so easily put in the game (even moreso with workshop)
there had been a mp mod for the game but this shit was waaaay old and never worked anyway

Huh, well it still looks like a very unfinished but am willing to play a pirated version of it and maybe buy it if it lives up to expectations.
are the Warhammer mods still good?
is the combat/movement still clunky and fun at the same time?

It's a bit more polished even if major parts are still missing
what version did you play last? I can pack mine into a zip and give the link here if you want
yeah, the W40K mods still kick ass, that didnt change. They've been updated to be usable in the latest version so it's all good.
Combat didnt change much. A few things that changed are the fact that you can enable and disable mods that greatly change the meta, like gib-only death or Hotline Miami mode.

man it's been a while, it was around 2012 or 2013.
I can't really recall but I spent a couple of hours playing that game having fun until I saw a few flaws.
general feeling I had with that game is that it just felt barren but still fun enough due to the core elements of the gameplay (ragdoll physics and how weapons handled)
sure, if you can drop the most recent version of the game I'll be down to play
don't know if that'll work cause of DRM though.

There's a GoG version and even if it's the Steam version if you remove steam_api.dll it'll still run. I was surprised when I found that out.

that's been a while
shit changed, for the better
the real kick is that the optimization is way better than it ever was so even with a clusterfuck of things happening it doesnt lag too much
might as well try, but CC has never really been on the forefront of DRM ever.
I can launch the game without having to have steam installed or anything so heh.
ufile.io/0z96d
here's the whole thing
I think I forgot a couple of mods in there
the E.Y.E. mod is far from finished as I cannot fucking set values for holding weapons worth shit anyway

holy shit like E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy?
oi boy gonna have me some fun

yeah, but again, it's unfinished
the Deprezador technically works but it's like the character is holding it by something 10 inches over it instead of the standard grip
shredding niggas all day everyday with that mufuggin 32 round drum tho

Holy fuck this game. I played it several years ago and even had a small mod collection I'd acumulated over the years. My nephew and I had a blast with it. I seriously expected to never hear from it again seeing that Data seemed to have lost interest in it and was working on something else.

I really miss when the map would fill to the brim with dropships and the corpses of your enemies.

He started working on it about two years ago again. I think the community harassing him got it's effect

you can still do that tho

it's not the same..

how so? the' basic principle of the game hasnt changed.

the videos out for this on yt are pure shit, PLEASE someone upload a few hours of fun gameplay. I would love to watch this.

I remember playing this years ago. the controls for that version were horribad. my toaster couldn't handle it. very much lag bro.

also, please someone make a better optimized lag free toaster compatible FOSS LINUX inspired remake of this game, I would love to play something like it

imagine the modding community for a FOSS
"duodnum directive"

I remember playing this game in beta and enjoying it even though it was a buggy mess. Years later I saw up for sale as a full release, purchased it and found the exact same fucking buggy beta that I played years ago.

Holy shit crobotech still works
KMF still works
Darklone tech still works
I fully expected all the old mods I had to break due to all the updates but some kind-hearted faggot has maintained them all.

Hmm, seems the audio desynced when I converted it. That's weird.

People complained about massive piles of dropship gibs, I guess, so now gibs are super fragile and disintegrate in huge chunks when you so much as cough on them. Leads to the reverse, map erosion, becoming a problem.

At least, that's how I feel.

shit, that's not wrong, now that I think of it.
I wonder what's the parameter for that. Knowing CC it probably is absolutely fucking nothing at all. I'm gonna check.

This exactly.

holy shit i haven't played this game in forever

I remember playing this ten years ago.

I remember the crab bomb. So many high speed gibs that they killed everything not inside a building. Occasionally it crashed the game but it was great all the same.

All the fucking good mods are for Steam version. FUUUUUCK.

I have the humble-bundle regular version.

The humble-bundle version should have given you a code for the steam version, I would think.

here's some guns I've made today
they're entirely into the game and the pair of M1911s have an offhand variant
two of the full auto ones goes through fucking anything

You should have a steam code of it should you still have the humble bundle url.

Gold for kills brain and bunker tile
my.mixtape.moe/spjcrt.zip

I FUCKING LOVED THIS GAME even though it was in dev hell and clunky and kinda fucky. it actually got released? holy shit i haven't played it in forever but i'm getting in on this shit.

20 DOLLARS???? Fuck that I backed this game when it was announced I ain't giving these kikes any more money for something as unpolished as this and it still doesn't even have multiplayer.

It was never going to have online multiplayer.
The only thing it's really missing is more content, to be honest. A full campaign and a couple of dropships and rockets for every faction, likewise with ground vehicles/walkers. Bare minimum, could have just implement the fucking techion brain walker and the coalition crab walker they had in the intro.

Got the mod that brings all the old shit back up-to-date. Zalo and hueg. I like retarded funs since I've pretty much pounded all difficulty out of the game.

The Gone with a blast wave mod looks stellar, shame it's now only supported on Steam though.

Fuck, I'm blind. I have been looking for it, but it was at the top of the page, not next to game downloads

How much has it changed in 2 years?
Might have to give it another shot if it's got big enough updates.

it works on every version tho
I used it for a long fucking time