Yu-Gi-Oh!

The new Link System: ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Link_Monsters

Where to play Yu-Gi-Oh!
For online: YGOPro Percy - ygopro.it/ mediafire.com/download/baj95caex5si0n3/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.exe github.com/jonas-vanen/image-updater (HD pictures)
Archive with all games playable on PC (mostly through emulation): pastebin.com/0SHfUYyj
Tag Force 1-6 are the best if you want a story (2006-2011, 6 has only the first 25 XYZ monsters).
Tag Force Special (2015) is the best to play for learning the game with many of the new cards.
The World Championship series (2004-2011) and Duel Academy (2006) are pretty good too. Definitely check out Dungeon Dice Monsters.
All are fun for pet/archetype non-meta decking. Legacy of the Duelist is shit.

Useful Links
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page (Wiki with information for players, new and old)
yugiohprices.com/ (Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market)
ygodr.blog.jp/ (OCG decklists)
yugiohtopdecks.com/ (TCG decklists)
ygorganization.com/ - blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/ (TCG/OCG news sites)
yugioh.party/ (Probability calculator)
yugioh-card.com/en/limited/ (Ban list)

How to get better
Read the cards.
Playtest and try suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!utczCA6R!tXHrnQGg_t6ti7RFUZk82SxfzlEpH6-Y99higZQJlMQ
strawpoll.me/12774955
yugiohblog.konami.com/locator/
youtube.com/watch?v=j-CVPz2ShYs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is zoodiac ded yet in tcg?

repostan best deck

nope, the banlist hardly did anything to it
every meta deck still runs zoos in it
you can beat them, but the odds aren't that much in your favor, unless you too are running zoos, or at the very least kaijus

Forcing longtime fans to buy new monsters just to even play the game is retarded anti-consumer bullshit even for Shitnami and being able to steal both Extra Monster Zones to leave the opponent incapable of playing altogether is unacceptable and thankfully so shit it makes this easier to repel.

Remember all that when talking about this shit. You don't want to see this shit happen? Cause as much anger and lost sales as possible.

Retards be like.
So pretty much firewall dragon for 1 is an easy guess.

Thinking Link monsters would slow decks down was a reasonable thought.

I thought they'd be decent. Till I heard more and more about what konami were doing. Then again, it was pretty much inevitable that they'd mess something up

Can't wait for that guy who keeps shilling for Links saying that they're not that bad shows up.

Wonder how that deck would fare against disruption, or meta decks. That's what I want to see.

cardians? it dies very easily
you just have to kill the first monster it summons, and the rest of the monsters become impossible to summon

well, i meant star grails, cardians are sorta hit and miss in general

We'll know when we see them.

they have a lot of protection and recovery but not enough to do that.

Hey, any good replacement for Super Polymerization? Wanted to run a Neos deck…for funsies.

polymerization, fusion substitute, fusion gate, fusion recycling plant, whatever fusion cards heroes have

In his case he only has Miracle Contact

you could still run the generic hero fusions that work with attributes

You can only Contact Fusion Neos fusion monsters. If he just adds generic E-HERO fusions he might as well just run E-HEROes at that point, since he won't have any space to put in any Neo Spacians or their any of their support.

So, I don't need any fusion cards then?

I suppose suffering is also a form of fun
Don't forget miracle contact

If you actually wanna run neos you don't wanna run fusion cards, except contact, because neos is shitty contact fusion. Do yourself a favor and play glad-beasts or ritual beasts instead, better contact fusion archetype

I'm afraid of links now
Building the link bridge already looks pretty damn easy for certain decks, all they gotta do now is figure a way to avoid Kaijus without fucking consistency
It's like zoodiacs being a 1 card extra deck monster was the precursor to links inception

I think so, Contact Fusion monsters don't fusion summon since their summoning is treated as a special summon. Since Poly fusion summons you shouldn't be able to use it to summon a monster which can be summoned with Contact Fusion. I'll test it out in a few moments to be absolutely sure.

Well, I did have a Gladiator Beast deck..never tried Ritual Beasts though.

I'm back, yeah, you don't need any fusion cards and you can't use them either, Neos only has Miracle Contact as a card they can use outside of the normal Contact Fusion.

Some anons said last thread that the Japanese are tanking sales and causing some stores to not even stock the first new set.

Where's your sources? We need to form a joint.

mega.nz/#!utczCA6R!tXHrnQGg_t6ti7RFUZk82SxfzlEpH6-Y99higZQJlMQ
For those who want to test link summoning.
Protips:
use ygopro_test_Link.exe
you should find link monsters under XYZ in the monster type list.
Easier to make most of the deck in YGOpro normally and transfer the .dek to this and then add links.

You actually usually want Blazeman and poly, you take advantage of Omni heroes to make a consistent board presence when you don't have a godly topdeck of neo space and a -3 combo and since neo-spacians run multiple attributes you can get a nice mix, also sets your grave up for miracle contact.
A good neo-spacian deck is a low key omni-heroes deck that may run dark law.
Pure Neo-spacians like pic related is masochistic

I expect when we get the new ban list it'll be the damn longest one we've ever had

so is there any way i can get a bot in here? playing against myself isn't very challenging

That unavoidable if you want to ever play competitively. Otherwise play your pet decks with whatever rules you want together with your friends, if any. Just like casuals and kids have been doing since ever.

Surely people in the thread or somewhere else can share IPs can play against each other.

it's lan only

Exactly. Share IPs.

alright, 87.120.192.74 / 7911

Newbie coming back to the game. Checked out some archetypes and decided to get Burning Abyss cards. Now I'm just waiting for them to be shipped to me, but I have a few questions.

What's some good magic/trap support cards to run with Burning Abyss?
Are there any other monsters or extra deck cards I should run with them too?
Will these Links cards completely ruin Burining Abyss? They seem pretty extra deck focused.
Are local tournament stuff fun? Or is it just full of autist using $1000 super meta decks?

generic fiend/dark support, absolutely need to get 3 allure of darkness
also might want to mix the deck with phantom knights, if you have the money
yea, deck's kind of dead once links hit. you can still make a dante and turn him into a beatrice, but you can't bring out more than 1 extra deck monster out. and if you make a link monster, all your regular burning abyss monsters will kill themselves, so i don't see how that would work
you don't need a lot of money to make something broken, you can spend like 20$ on a blue eyes deck and shit out 2 chaos max in one turn

only real frustrating things about troll decks is that I do single matches, and not best 2/3. This means that i'm not expecting them and don't set my board up accordingly hwne it comes to troll decks

I am trying my own build of this since the deck is super fun but damn it is bricky as fuck. More starter cards when?

What I don't like is the ability to lock the opponent's extra zone via certain link formations.

Hamachi.

It's Sunday, they're not at work yet.

This deck is very fun to play when it doesn't brick. I wish all of the spells had an effect when they are discarded like Recardination or something that helps with that. They really need more starter cards, monster that *can* be normal summoned. Maybe a field or a trap that sets itself on the field when discarded by a cardian, hell, it might be a wild dream but a Link Monster would be cool, they can swarm the field relatevely easily so why not?

kind of a shame that nobody in my area has flower gathering, i'd much rather run it than super koi koi
why are you running the lv 11 tuner? the lv 7 one is way easier to bring out

I am running 2 of the LV 11 and 3 of the Level 6, I feel like I need as many Tuners as possible, I have Willow in the field a lot so I don't really feel like as bricky as it would seem. As for Flower Gathering and Super Koi Koi, I think you need both. This deck struggles to get its shit started, at least, that is what happens to me.

Has anyone ripped the OST after Sound Duel 3 for Arc-V?

I've only seen anyone say to wait until they actually land to have a hissy-fit and that's all I've said. The dynamics of Links in actual play is a bit different then muh special ideal combo with no resistance.
Shifts in the game are guaranteed. It's whether or not it'll be dead.
All of that being said, I made a number of speculative posts about how Link Monsters and the mechanics changes could improve the state of the game. This seems to be generally true, but synergies and heavy, direct recovery on almost every card in certain archetypes (Star Grails included) fuck it up pretty hard.
Which is why most of them had noted Unless Konami fucks that up.
It's not like that possibility was ever far away, no matter how many good ideas they suddenly pulled out of their ass.
The video embedded isn't super impressive, it's an improbable hand with an AI opponent. This one, though? I suspect the fall-out of some of the Link generics being ambiguous is shit like this. Expect a lot of bullshit, somewhat-easy FTKs. If nothing else, it could singlehandedly ruin the format. A new FTK loop every tourney.

Should noobs wait until after Links are out to avoid learning a meta that barely matters anymore?

Are red-eyes black dragons deck not good anymore right now?

Links will hit on July 21st, 2017. So, it is a few months away, I say, start playing and enjoy it while you can. As for REBD, I don't think it would stand a chance agaist Zoodiac or TRUE KANGS but if you are going for it, I would say mix em with either Metalfoes or Predaplant

Nigga, there's a difference between playing old decks to relive old days and the game literally preventing you from using old decks period.

So, are TRUE KANGS just the new Dragon Rulers?

TRUE KANGS are good boiz they didnt do nuffin

So, decided against the Neos deck but had made a X-Saber/Zoodiac deck using a recipe I found online. Incidentally, why is every Zoodiac deck I found goes beyond 40?

Also, there's some new SPYRAL cards. Last Resort looks like a useful tool.

Yes but you can't remove stuff from grave to special summon them and they don't return to your hand.

My issue with last resort is having to remove a monster from the field to attack directly, it doesn't do much by itself, and that spyral resort pretty much does the 'no targeting thing' itself.

One of the Links formation shown in that video is immune to Kaijus.

Yes, but their issue is that they all of a sudden dumped a fuckton of support for them in one pack that jumped them from being a gimmicky yet helpful set of support cards to one of the more degenerate meta decks, the dino structure deck being based on destroying their own also caused a much more ridiculous variant due to one of their support cards being a dinosaur too.

Also holy fucking shit why the fuck did they think the Extra Link mechanic was a good idea.

help me pick a deck for an online tourney ill be playing in strawpoll.me/12774955

Honestly, what's Konami's deal with Dragons? How many archetype with Dragons out already? We got Blue-Eyes, Red-Eyes, Odd Eyes, Dragon Ruler, True KANGS, Cyber Dragons etc. Give Warriors some loves, man. tfw when your Gearfried deck is now useless

new Gearfreid card

cardians are all warriors :^)
even though they're not even humanoid

D-HEROes are Warriors and they got a shitton of new support recently.

Goukis are new and are warriors

What about Glad Beasts?

too power creeped by this point

Dragons are the best type, that is all there is too it.

Gouki link 2 confirmed and Give me it konami

did those fuckers even properly flesh out pendulum? p. sure clifford was the only deck that really abused it

There was a mix of 2 pendulum decks that 1.that had a super good generic searcher between them. 2.had a really fucking good searcher / protector between them. 3. Synergy where they both used to same scales to get their stuff out and required very similar set ups meaning you could pick and chose the best of both archtypes. 4.Ignister and draco slayer were at 3 at the time. so any tuner turned into multiple synchro's / fusions plays into thinning and removal. Then Konami pressed the oh shit we fucked up button and killed one of the archtypes

i never even got to play against qliphorts in real life
everyone just ran dracoslayers and metalfoes with the very rare pure majespecters/odd-eyes

why the fuck is Gagagigo so gagagigoddamned awful? He has like no support cards aside from an ocean field spell and a goddamned starfish, and for some reason people think it's completley fine to flood a Gagagigo deck with too many gagagigod awful cards with like 3 fucking Gigobyte cards with no fucking support or tuners to make it useful.

This motherfucker is in like a fucking million cards with supposedly the biggest lore based story in that goddamned game so why in the fucking gigoddamn are all the cards that involve him so fucking awful?

Switch to a Noble Knight deck, the King Arthur archetype. Equip Spell card spam and having spell cards in the graveyard is actually needed, thankfully you have NK Borz to do that a single fuckin' turn. The focus is on stalling by using Equip spell cards to buff your dude and keep him from getting killed, then summoning as many knights of the round table to your field to fuel XYZ and Synchro summons. It's a slow deck that gradually chips the enemy down while taking minimal damage but still staying on the field. The knights are strong enough to counter pendulums and card them out if they go all defensive, and the equip cards are sticky as fuck so even graveyarding them sends them right back. As a result you can actually trap yourself by using too many and using up your field, which sucks because you need equip spell cards to activate effects on the noble knights, so watch that.

Blue eyes is great but needs a boss monster Bishbaalkin fucking use him you idiots, Red-Eyes is quick and fucking dirty and can get a win quickly, Odd-eyes is really fucking technical and tricky as fuck to actually use, and Cyber Dragons have that bullshit infinity dragon.

I've been trying to build decks outside of dragons but I don't want to use gay cards

I just wish Ghostrick wasn't so tricky to get just right

Here have a turtle, and prepare to shit bricks.

Such a shame, really fun deck but they get fucking rekt by a single kaiju, maybe some Noble knight link support will save them from irrelevancy

generally what you're supposed to be doing is summoning more knights and then using the discard effects of two of the knights to cast swords to the graveyard off of the XYZ, then redistributing to new knights. It specifies ONE monster, not as many monsters as possible, and the noble knight deck is based around having the lead king Xyz arming his knights with at least one sword each.

This activates their effects, and if you get two knights and turn them into darks with the swords, you can summon the Sacred Noble Knight that brings MORE dudes onto the field when he finally goes down.

Generally that card counters everything which is why noobs use it. Noble Knights are about creating a fucking wall swarm, using sticky effects of the swords to recharge their effects after setting up a three sword distribution with borz. In effect you'll need to run a bunch of those in order to actually hamper the deck, because there's no one clincher card since every card in my version of the deck is a support for every other card.

If one goes down it only makes the others stronger. That's a Noble Knight deck.

In other words, god wills it

So you run a Round Table build instead of a protect the castleking Arthur build? Definitely the better choice, but still easily taken care of. Noble Knights effects aren't really all that great, Noble Arms effects are kinda lack luster and are easy to deal with and their boss monster is pretty much a joke with how easy it is to get rid of him.

I wish Noble Knights were a lot better. They have neat lore and some of the best art work, but they're just not very good.

whats the best tournament result any of you got here? my best is 9th place at a regional

what deck did you use?

Invoked Windwitch Artifact

On a time crunch here, but they are a tutor, a tutor spell that can also dump and has OTK power, A grave spam monster, spy with a new effect for recycling, and a kinda bad trap
Things are looking up for the brown muscle girls!

Best $30 I ever spent.

such a shame that nobody will even bother playing ancient gears instead
i'd buy the deck, but i already spent my deck money on cardians, and i'm not buying any more dead decks

Yugioh belongs to dragons. Get fucked.

I wanted them to be good so bad but they still rely on the field spell to get out Reactor Dragon. Also they changed the ruling on the field spell so that if you set another Gear town on top of the one already in the field spell you don't get the SS. I'll still buy 3 later for the staples, but until then.

AH GOT DINO DNA!

Top 4 in nationals with Cyber Dragon/Machines in 2007, fuck I'm old

I could probably do about as well every once in a while if I had the money. My country is also small and there's only about 150-200 people who play competitively. Just a year after that I went to college so I sold all my decks, got back into YuGiOh about the time when Pendulums hit, but only through videogames, now I only really play through YGOPro and I still don't own a single YGO card.

i made the mistake of trying to compete
so much money was shelled out for shitty "meta requires it" cards that aren't even worth that much
ironically i usually ended up pulling all my expensive boss monsters out of packs. i got trishula from hidden arsenal 4, toadally awesome from a sneak peak which i then traded for crystal wing. i only ever shelled out dosh for omega since my zombie deck didn't work without him

Back in the day I could actually get cards I needed for my decks cheaply because the largest internet forum in my country at the time had a section where people traded and bought/sold YuGiOh cards and scrubs practically gave away cards which were in meta decks because they weren't splashable in all situations so they couldn't make it into their shitty cookie-cutter decks with no real theme or purpose. Nowadays there's no place like that and I'd be forced to import some cards I need which would make me have to pay 5 times or more than their actual price.

Oh goddammit, here we go. Prepare for untributable, untargetable, unaffected by card effects monsters that are essentially impossible to fucking remove in the near future.

Screencap this.

i'm 99% sure they'll make a clone of vanity's fiend that stops tribute summons, sooner or later
with monarch stats
:^)

I wouldn't really mind as long as it doesn't has an ATK over 3000k, yeah, something like 2800 and an effect that can't be used to disrupt.

after a year i finally found someone in my city who happens to have a white dragon ninja, i have a reason to run the deck again
r8 this bricky garbage

very nice
now give them a fucking tuner already

Spyral Deck, yes?

are my spyrals worth money yet?

depends on the rarities of the new ones, otherwise all their cards are only about 25$ combined
as a deck they work, but i really do wish they had a tuner or two, relying entirely on super agent just seems risky
and i tend to brick from all the gears/missions

I threw in a dark law engine and never brick
I find the searching to be so easy that draw power cards arent needed and backrow destuction also isnt needed

Is there anyplace to look up card shops near you that still sell yugioh cards? The only one near me that I know of, no longer sells them.

on this page yugiohblog.konami.com/locator/

Oh well, thanks anyway user. Guess I'll stick to buying singles online.

Super Agent price is shifting between $5~6. Sell them now before people realize that the deck still needs more to work.

Seriously fuck them for making this shitty pun.

Need help building a spyral deck. I'm fine with going over 40 cards. I wanna try a mill build because most spyral cards work well being in the grave.

konami must really be struggling

So….Zoodiac Fire Fist, yay or nay?

I'm guessing it would work seeing that Fire Fists use Tenki and all.

So..I made 2 Zoodiac decks. One with X-Sabers and the other with Fire Fists

..I don't get it.

It is an edit using Reiji instead of Kaiba. It is a scene from Season 0

youtube.com/watch?v=j-CVPz2ShYs
what in gods name am i watching
i'm sure nobody is surprised that genex won

Crystal Wing/Moon Mirror Shield meta is back

That Slovakian better be ready to nut on his ultra rare blue-eyes

finally got my gozukis in the mail
rait my garbage
wish i had the money for grass

That just makes me want to try an arcana force deck now.

I've been wanting to give my Ally of Justice deck a spin, wanna have a go? :^)

scorpions totally would have won if they didn't give up at the end
fite me

Is there a way to make an A.I. play two decks against itself. I want to deck test but everyone keeps disconnecting against me.

it's theoretically possible, it's just that nobody's bothered to implement it into the game

The AI is bad. It wouldn't be able to play the deck you want to playtest.

Right now, the best you can do is to code your own IA with the combos and stuff and play against it

i'm hosting on eu, name is doctard, password is jews
please come with shit decks

I think I have an arcana force deck, but it uses anime cards, is that okay?

sure, let me just get the anime card of demise, i'm sure that's fair
whatever, get in here already

rehostan

At least I see now why arcana force can be a bit hard to use.

anyone else want to play?

So..you ditch Zombie Master? Teach me, Oh wise one. I did made a Shiranui deck but the deck called for 2 Maxx Cs but I replaced one with Gozuki.

zombie master does nothing early game, and late game i'm likely to have an empty hand

If anyone wants to play some quick duels with their petdecks or fundecks, no matter if they're shitty or rogue, as long as they're not meta. I made about 3-4 of them and I want to test them out, I can't do it now, but in about 5-7 hours. I'll let you guys know when I'm able. Only thing to note is that we'll play with TCG/OCG cards (no anime cards) and we'll play single duels so I can test the decks out quickly. I also don't mind if you're still kinda unfamiliar with your petdeck due to insufficient testing, I'm not looking for YCS champions, I myself don't really know what good combos I can actually pull off consistently with any of those decks because I didn't play any of the archetypes before (the partial exception is the Evil HERO deck I made because I know very well how to play D-HEROes, E-HEROes and Masked HEROes, just not Evil HEROes).

i wanna play, i've got ninjas/cardians/shiranui/spyrals to test

I'm back, go to EU server, name's The D, password is DD

if you're still here, i'm ready

The game crashed, I rehosted now.

git back here fag

I forgot to ask you if you want to have another go, but this time you can pick any deck to go up against. The duels weren't that exciting in case anyone's wondering, in the first game I fucked up big time and in the other game he either bricked or didn't know that a shitty card in an archetype that was never relevant makes my fusion monster immune to targeting and card effects the turn it's special summoned.

get something not retarded, like dank magicians or whatever
i'm getting cardians and if that fails i'm going with shiranuis

Also, I forgot to add, I myself didn't know that the card made my Evil HERO fusion monster immune to card effects and targeting until about 5 minutes before the duel.

Okay, 2 more duels, I'll be using Dark Magicians in both.

I need a Rank 7 Engine that doesn't make me vomit in my mouth, preferably not Dark Magicians either.

buster blader red-eyes

Did anyone see the new legendary fisherman support? It is pretty damn nice.

What? Where? The way we're going I wouldn't be surprised if we get La Jinn or Cocoon/Moth support.

Thanks

It is pretty nice. It does rely heavily on stealth trap and legendary ocean though.