This is actually surprisingly good. No wonder it took them six years to make a 3 hours long sidescrolling puzzle game...

This is actually surprisingly good. No wonder it took them six years to make a 3 hours long sidescrolling puzzle game, the polish on it is fucking astounding.
And it's made in Unity somehow.

ITT: games you weren't expecting you'd enjoy

Thinly veiled indietrash shill thread? Sure, why not.

I've been going through my library, sorting out all of the humble bundle junk that I've never played, and stumbled upon this. I expected it to be shit, but it turned out to be a surprisingly entertaining metroidvania.

It's great, if you ever wanted an example of how much minimalism is too much minimalism.

In a nutshell: Hipsters inspired by Limbo and Heart of Darkness create a cinematic platformer.
The protagonist is a boy;
Lost in a forest/another world (at least in the beginning);
Incapable of defending himself (unlike HoD);
Gruesome deaths;
Minimalist gameplay;
And the favourite spice for every leftist retard: you're part of an oppressed class/race trying to flee or save your people from the big bad rulers. At least that's what I think after seeing all those robots(?) in line just like the clip Another Brick in the Wall.

What a waste of bandwidth, I can only recommend if you really enjoyed Limbo and the price is like $1-$3.

This review says all.

You probably got it with the sega giveway a while back. There was binary domain, jet set radio and condemned too.

I thought it was by the limbo guy ?

Why would I play a game that I wasn't expecting to enjoy in the first place?

It was, he remade his own game with less gameplay and even more pretentiousness.

How fast would people get mad if I recommended you
Play the undertale demo
The game is alright too, but I'd buy it on a sale if you liked the demo

is this a thinly veiled unpopular opinions thread?

Kill yourself

No it's a talk about game threads and try not to trigger the people to cry shill thread.

Already dead chief.

I tried to play LIMBO before and I quit that boring peice of shit after maybe 10min of 'play'.

'inside' looks even worse.

I think you're right, I have all of that shit in my library and I definitely didn't pay for any of it.

I only know about this from Kizuna AI

You should play jet set radio if you haven't yet, it's pretty good.

I tried to replay it recently, and either it's a terrible port or I'm just shit at the game now. I remember beating it on my Dreamcast, and I don't think I had any problems with it back then. I even remember renting JSRF and thinking it was casual as fuck compared to the original. Maybe I just have lower tolerance for trial and error gameplay with a time limit now.

Binary domain is also fun.

Because its stupid to live with preconceptions about a game you have never even tried.

Didn't they slap Denuvo on this piece of shit, too?

yeah but it got cracked fast

The puzzles are pretty shit. The zombie helmet thing was overused and the underwater areas were done to death.

It was a snorefest. At least Limbo had somewhat interesting environments.

I kinda like how it just becomes Potato Man Seeks The Troof at the end

I just saw the ending and i guess it was 2deep5me.
Shit like this aren't video games.

not really.

What a smart and pungent opinion

Nice try user, next thing you'll say is the holocaust was fake.

It's a puzzle game
How can it be a walking simulator

But that's wrong.

The demo promised much more than what the full game delivered.

Wow user you're so cool huh

Can't believe people play stuff like portal or Tomb Raider or Catherine, they're all barely games!

Fuck off Jim Sterling.

correct

Is Jim Sterling the new term for shill or "person I disagree with"?

there's no point in making OC if it's not going to get used again

I didn't like Limbo but I loved Inside. This type of game is incredibly polarizing because of how extreme its design choices are so I wouldn't fault anyone for disliking it, but I doubt that most in this thread have even touched it.

There is barely anything redeeming about JSR besides its music and its aesthetic.

I recall that I liked the game and hated the control scheme.

Where is your sense of adventure, user?

It's not stupid if you're right.

Then you can be smug about being right.
But it is stupid not to play something because you heard one faggot saying it's bad.

I disagree.

This.

I remember replaying the spider sequences in Limbo. I don't feel like doing anything again in Inside.
Also, the ending in Limbo made some sense in the game, the ending in Inside makes no sense at all.
Yes, I saw the super secret ending in youtube, "oh so meta!" "that gross thing is a representation of a multicultural Europe, the screams of the people beneath it represent the suffering of the Syrian refugees", "this game is so art!". Just throwing away random stuff because doesn't makes it artistic or deep, it's just nonsense.