Here's why you're paying for Nintendo Switch online services

archive.fo/t5wtR

**>inb4 hundreds of post about not posting an archived link. I'm not going to be bothered to do something, no matter how simple, just because the thought of possibly giving a dime in ad revenue to the site by clicking the link makes you throw an autistic hissy fit. Grow a spine and get over it.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/t5wtR

archive.is/vvjyb
archive.is/nVIR4
archive.is/Y8HbJ
archive.is/VJKyo
disabilityjustice.org/financial-fraud/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So in other words, the reason is "we got nothing, just give us your fucking money!'

Nice spoiler, reddit.

Simpler than writing out that whole sentence. Is this a new form of bait, or just the same retard OP doing it in multiple threads?

take your own advice op

no

fuck off

NO MARIE, NO SUBSCRIPTION.

It took me less to make this archive link, than it took you to write that failed spoiler.
archive.is/t5wtR
I don't think I will ever be a massive faggot like you.

you're a minature sodomite for bumping though

May God forgive my transgression.

If it actually resulted in better and more stable servers then sure, but it won't. Steam gets by on a percentage of the sale price, Nintendo gets that plus subscription fee and will do worse that Gabe Jew-ell.

So they got nothing. The reason for why they charge for it is because they think they can get away with it.

TL:DR fucking nothing you're paying for a shit online service.

You're paying for online because the combined totals of Microsoft and Sony's online subscriptions exceed $3,000,000,000 and the actual costs of running these services is comparatively small, an online service has a higher profit margin than a hit game, and we've seen from Microsoft and Sony that consumers that have a problem with paying for online play are an insignificant minority.

You mean heavy-handed moderation and censorship to eliminate anything that trips up Nintendo's hair trigger copyright infringement trigger or isn't family-friendly?

What? is Marie not in splatoon 2 or something?

You know the console market is shit. But nintedo is offering the best shit. Keep a ready pc and have nintendo games.
yeah and theres nintendo games to expirence online.its not that bad. nintendo is the best at this.and Holla Forums hates it all but who the fuck cares?

kys

Offering the best shit is still offering shit. Just because the Switch has online games doesn't make it any more worthwhile than the other consoles that have online games (all of them).

Shit can be good too.

UH OH. SOMEONE IS BUTT FLUSTERED!!

Being less awful doesn't make it not shit.

MHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And what's the problem with shit then?

This has been a typical nintendo thing since they started selling digital games

doesn't mean I'm going to live with it without complaining

I want better "free" shit if they're doing paid online I'm never paying for that PS+ shit because they don't let you keep anything and I begrudgingly pay for xbox live maybe once a year because it's essentially buying a couple games.
It's asscocks that they don't let you keep anything.

By all means complain but you should of known Nintendo was going to fuck you over for the day go

Yeah eat dick I will ask for more service if they are going to claim to want to provide it, and damn straight am I going to abuse the shit out of it by waiting until the middle of the month to get two month's rewards on one month's subscription.
Otherwise I'm just going to play local. And also fuck you.

You aren't even pretending to not be a marketer.

I honestly doubt Nintendo will do any free shit except maybe letting you play a NES game for a weekend once a month

AND THIS IS WHY I AM COMPLAINING, NINCOMPOOP DO YOU LIVE IN A CAVE?

That they're going to offer you almost nothing?
Why are you angry at me and not them?

a) i'm not clicking your link, faggot
b) no fucking shit, every single company lies and says they're charging for online in order to provide quality service. and they all just take the money and bathe in it.

OP ON SUICIDE WATCH

How the fuck can you have such cognitive dissonance and not think that's retarded?

What sort of malware do you have that makes your computer act up like that
Get rid of Windows and get some sort of Linux Distro now

new meme?

Where does it say that? Microshit and psn are both still about 60 a year in canada at least and I expect thsy will match the price. And microsoft is ripping off everyone with theirs since the servers are paid for aside from electricity and maitenence, which definitly costs less than 1 million a year. Same with sony.

The point of the archive rule is to discourage clickbait, schlomo. You typed 8ch.net into you browser because you're interested in this site and not because someone posted advertisement pretending to be news articles. Nobody is stopping you from visiting the site, you fucking moron.

tl;dr we want money fuck you you'll buy it anyway

Here's why you're paying for Nintendo Switch online services:
Everyone else is making money for doing absolutely nothing and calling it a """service""", so might as well try to grab a slice of that pie.

There's reasons why online services have costs to them. Anyway, Nintendo has been operating at losses for almost a full decade now, recouping some of their costs by implementing an online fee is probably something they don't want to do. But they kind of have to.

What's the most profitable part of Microsoft and Sony's business models that allow them to continue to work on whatever project, and not feel a pinch when an idea fails? Subscription models. They can continue to add more servers and decrease the number of servers as they feel they are or are not needed. At the same time, they don't feel reliant on one piece of hardware to try and sustain them solely for a generation. The Wii-U was unprofitable, in part because they didn't have an online fee, and also because no one wanted to develop for it. Nintendo say they're TRYING to work with third-party devs to make the Switch a success, and they double the memory of the Switch to accommodate Capcom. As much as I'd love to see Nintendo crash and burn, they really do need to start improving their business models because you can't work at a loss for a decade and expect to stay in business.

Glad they're starting to do some, took them long enough.

Online wasn't bad. Getting online for free is what matters. Now I won't buy any fighting game or any online based games like splatoon or arms if I ever get a switch.

Nintendo is the company that introduced quality control though.

The WiiU was around for 4 years, alongside the 3Ds which raked in Money. They are also porting/reusing assets from their WiiU games such as Mario Kart Deluxe to get their dosh back.

Wow you should not consider suicide, jist skip the planning and do it

JUST GROW UP AND GIVE THEM CLICKS GOY, GOSH -_-

Servers aren't up forever and what you pay for the game is inof for them to pay for servers and make profit. It's just greed and easy money like $ony did.

Ez opsec

The sad part is people will not only buy their blantant lies but also support and defend them.
I hope the Switch gets hacked soon.

all consoles confirmed finally FINALLY dead
THEY FINALLY DID IT, THE BASTARDS FINALLY DID IT

there goes all our video games, even the last of the remotely "meh/ok" ones from nintendo.

nintendo switch confirmed paid online cancer like microsoft and sony.

this is not a console wars thread. I've already been banned before under that accusation. I'm against shitty video games and shitty platforms. I'm finally against all consoles and steam and I finally understand the different anons on Holla Forums who hated what they did and why. I'm raising the red flag here and delcaring a state of videogame emergency. ron paul didn't even have a chance to open his fucking mouth and say "it's happening" 2017 is the year that consoles, that were all long since dying of cancer, FINALLY
died completely."

youtube. com/watch?v=BIhagVVGB9s

earned itself a spot on the blacklist forever

earned a blacklist FOREVER

blacklisted forever

I can say the same for EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Bethesda. I hate them all after my experiences with them and I will never buy anything from them ever again. same goes for all the groups related to PRISM, like google and apple and so on.

>nintendo was decent with the Wii U and I was happy for a while becaue it allowed me to play some games that simply did the job of being fun but I was never too too happy and then nintendo *supposedly* announces PAID ONLINE for the nintendo switch, instantly making everyone hate them for turning into the very evil that everyone ran away from in the first place like micro$hit and sony

with nintendo, microsoft, and sony the games are boring, the prices are awful, I don't get anything I want out of it, paid online, drm, everything is anti consumer, highly inconvenient, annoying, stupid, and wasteful.
any console from nintendo, microsoft, sony, are all basically

now my brothers and sisters and all anons! we must boycott!!!!!!!

we must show the evil bastards of this world what happens when they take away all our videogames. we must show them the power of voting with our wallets. we will boycott them.
FOREVER

AND WHEN THEY COME CRYING TO US "we have no money! why wont you buy our shitty crappy poopoo shite!? please save us!" and we will look up and say "GNO"

they will all drown in their own debt as we vote with our autistic wallets. we will show them that we will never support their evil ever again. WE WILL SHOW THEM THAT FREE VIDEOGAMES MADE WITH HEART AND SOUL FOR THE COMMUNITY, BY THE COMMUNITY ARE THE BEST.

we will no longer feed our enemies! we will no longer listen to the false song of shiteogames!
we will stubbornly stand in place and demand real video games that are fun and enjoyable!
when the world says to us "move" we will say "NO." "YOU MOVE"

WE WILL PUSH THE MEMES AND GROW TO BE THE STRONGEST AND THE MOST FREE VIDEOGAMERS! WE WILL MAKE FOSS LINUX GAMES GREAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

user quality on Holla Forums. look at how they attack a thread they don't like and shitpost it to death and then complain about how shitty the thread is.
archive.is/vvjyb
archive.is/nVIR4
archive.is/Y8HbJ
archive.is/VJKyo

Watch the hotpockets delete this post. The shills are already here and failing to market this shit. Now you see why so many of us said back during the height of GG that boycotts were a necessity. Ninty, Sony and MS have all done incredibly cancerous shit out of naked greed and we need to stop rolling over for them.

Fuck shills. Boycott now.

Why do they call it the Switch?

Because you see it and switch away from consoles forever.

Because I see it and switch the lights off and cry myself to sleep.

shall I continue? I'm having more fun with these than I do thinking about playing the switch.

Because you see it and switch to alchohol.

Because you see it and switch 360 degrees and switch away.

So far, between the 3 consoles Microsoft is the one that offers the best service for the price.

still don't give a fuck, now if you'll excuse me, i'll still play my multiplayer games on pc.

lel
>>>/reddit/

ITT: neets who can't pay

IT'S OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

It doesn't matter if you use the online or not, the fact alone that you bought the console is enough support as they don't lose money from you not playing online and it tells them that they lose nothing from having paid online because it doesn't affect their sales of consoles and they get extra money from the people that do pay.
Sadly the mainstream gaming market is self loathing and will actually pay. It'd be like a boycott of Fates.

Best girl is already winning user

we're getting a lot of (1) and done OPs bitching about archive's lately.

Isn't the Switch, typically for consoles/cellphones, sold at or near a loss?

Have fun wasting money on a service that was free Nintencuck.

This is the second one I've noticed. Mods should just outright delete threads and ban OPs that go out of their way to not archive links.

No, it's why it costs $300.

You probably should delete your posts and try to post more coherently and less reddity

So instead of incentivizing joining a membership they're just going to pass the burden onto the consumer and hold their online experience hostage.

Wonderful.

My only hope is that, since they said most games would need the subscription (not all), monster hunter's online is free.
I don't want to solo farm deviants or their equivalent again.

Simply don't post some grand defiance of the archive convention next time, OP, you're actively giving hotpockets a reason to edit your posts and the cited autists a reason to throw the hissyfit. "Thou shalt not post any news link without it being archived" is one of Holla Forums's many unwritten rules.

You deserve to have strychnine put in your food.

I'm familiar with some networks. The ones I know of used by AAA companies have a single hosting location for storage, offsite backup, and utilize instances in various regions to handle sessions. That's it. Costs have went down over the years. A single, lone-wolf developer can afford a setup that would host 10,000 players. If you can make around 30 cents off each player, then it pays for itself. Nintendo could probably make enough money selling in-game items to support their network.

He said their online services are the best among the three for the price you pay, he neer said it was good just the less shitty one

Whatever, Nintendo fucked me over with the U and I'll never pay another cent for any of their shit, even of I want the Link amiibos cause I'm a nasty Zeldafag

I don't care that gaming is getting cancerous by the moment. I've my little bastion of old games and my backlog and shitty life should last me throughout the upcoming crash. I've been utterly dissapointed with every "new" game released, hopefully I can muster some excitement for Deep Strange Journey, but I'm not looking forward to the best SMT game in years turning into Waifu-shit.

Anyway.
I welcome the flames of death and rebirth.

at least they kinda tried with that second sprite. the first is duckhead hiker game, whatever it was called, tier.

Amazing, Holla Forums truly are the biggest Jews who hate having to give their sheckles in exchange for goods and services, just like the commie kikes they are. We at Holla Forums would never sperg out about someone charging for a product.

I think we know who the kike here is, Nintencuck

You aren't even trying anymore rabbi.

If it isn't written, it isn't a rule.

Besides, the only reason why so many are adamant about posting news links that are archived is so that viewers could view the content without having to contribute to the website's ad revenue and thus financially support them.

It was first conceived back in 2014 when GamerGate was in full swing as a way to view articles and pages on websites such as Kotaku or Polygon so that people could provide and show crazy examples without accidentally providing them with any ad revenue. Now we just do it for any website for any arbitrary reason we can possibly think of, and it's getting fucking stupid.

I shouldn't have to sanitize every link I share because some few individuals believe that, by not doing so, I'm trying to shill SJWs/Democrats/Jews/e-celebs/boogieman-of-the-month or whatever bullshit they can make up.

You want to sanitize every fucking link you're curious to see like some OCD-spazz who's afraid that every surface he touches will give him some flesh-eating bacteria? Do it yourself. After all, like many point out, it's so simple.

We need to stop catering to these turbo-autists here on Holla Forums.

reported for shilling

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
No. We give you an inch, and you'll take a mile. This type of shit always happens. Nice try though.
That's a very nice dick btw.

They have a good point. Nintendo makes online games but can't create a decent infrastructure in the current year. No ethernet port on their devices, games are linked to a console and not to an account (this was the case for the WiiJew, I don't know if it's the same on the Switch). Even with their paid online, Jewtendo is still behind their rivals in the market (1 NES demo per month that you can only play for 30 days? Really?!).

So why is it then that when games launch at 60 bucks across all platforms Shlomo? If it's already subsidized into PC games where you can play online games for free, why aren't PC games sold at a higher price?
Holla Forums, you can stop trying to force some new meme as a means to put a wedge between us and Holla Forums. Please >>>/ovens/ for us, we'll all be happier that you did.

You can leave too
>>>/reddit/
>>>/neogaf/

Is the mumble for splatoon filled with these faggots, because I have been thinking about playing splatoon with them and I'd rather not play with people who defend paid online.

Not an argument
You want to give money to Nintendo, whose fanbase is full of cucks, and allows their games to butchered by cucks when brought to America. Plus your "v/kike/" term isn't exactly known verbiage around here, you're trying too hard to fit in.

How much is NoA paying you, Nintenkike?

This.
lol butthurt

Burden of proof is on you, Nintenberg. You want to throw accusations for paying for Nintendo's formerly free, broken service, how about you convince us.

And unless you're like me and have auto updates turned off, you can reply to multiple posts, you fucking newfag nigger.
>>>/reddit/
>>>/neogaf/
>>>/somethingawful/

wew

Nintards love getting fucked in the ass.

OP is always a faggot, but you're an evolved form of homosexual.

So quality control is the excuse? I can get behind this if it means not having a repetition of Greenlight for the Switch, especially since it seems Nintendo is finnaly betting on indie developers.
As long as they make sure games work properly, are not shovelware trash and get some actual playertesters to try them, it seems money well spent.
Maybe not for 20$, hopefully they'll do something better than that.

You shouldn't have written that spoiler and you shouldn't be this mad at the reaction you got, it's autism central here.
Just keep posting unfiltered links and anyone bothered by that shit can do it themselves, mods included.

By the way, I really would like to hear what exactly do people have against the site that was linked since I'm sure most of you haven't even clicked on the link. It's techradar which I honestly doubt anyone ever heard of, so you're thowring an hissyfit over nothing.
By the way, just how many of you don't own and never were planning in getting a Switch but still came to the thread to bitch about a system you have no interest in? It seems a bit disproportinal the amount of people paying attention to this…

Kinda like you just want to complain about things.
Complain about some news site you're not allowed to see ads of even if you never heard of it…
Complain about a console you were never gonna buy anyway…
Complaining about videogames that you were never gonna buy in the first place.
Hum… Where have I heard that before?

Can I pay money to have a proper account system and not this twisted Friend Code horseshit?

To be honest, they are gonna start charging only in October. If they are building infrastructure in the meantime, perhaps that's bound to change and they'll have proper accounts by then, just like your favorite digital goods retailer Steam! :D

But yeah, it's a bit too soon to agree it's money well spent or not, I'm still waiting for the full disclosure of what that shit is gonna be like and stick to single-player/local play if it's nothing interesting at all.

the shills aren't even hiding themselves anymore. thanks kike

Are you high?

Because xbox and ps are already doing it?

Beyond this stuff, Nintendo has never had an online worth a shit, they have a lot to prove but they're still not getting a cent from me.

Hey guys, another cuck showed up.

Pretty much.

Chill, nigger. An account system is great and quite possibly one of the only good things that came out of Steam (although it wasn't new at all, plenty of other programs did the same, they just didn't sold games as well).
Then again, there's the Steam Friends General…

Funny. I could have sworn the site itself is not Nintendo or part of Nintendo at all. But if you're gonna say it's "shit press", I'm ready to hear exactly why that site or that article in particular is objectively bad. You did read it, right? That's why you're judging it after all.

I'm also free to spend my money as I see fit and 20$ a year is nothing. That's not even 2$ a month and I can save that much by skipping a Mountain Dewritos meal, shit's not hard even if I didn't had a job.

What matters is not who I give my money to but what I give in return. Quality control for third party releases is a good thing that I'd willingly pay for, just not 20$ so I expect something more to justify it or I ain't gonna bother with it.

Honestly, the way some of you niggers talk is as if not paying locks your console forever and explodes your controller.

What's the psychological effect where people like something more if they are forced to pay for it? Like confirmation bias but with regards to spending money?

Technically they are right, customer satisfaction will go up even as they do nothing.

For reference, here's OP doing this same HURR UR AUTISTIC FOR USING ARCHIVE here
And what do you know, it's a thread about Nintendo. So it appears there's some Nintencuck hear who's trying to subvert the board.

You should leave >>>/reddit/ this place ain't for you.

Paragraphs are not reddit spacing, you don't even know what that is or where it even came from.
All paragraphs adress different ideas, they are well used. Sorry you're bad at syntax.

I noticed you are also dodging the question and still calling it shit press without adressing why it's shitty.
It seems one of those blogs that sees 3 people every month at best, I'd really like to know what anyone would have against that kind of place.

Those are single sentences you're typing out faggot.
Nigger, it's fucking TechRadar, who are owned by Future Publishing, one of the outlets that defended trash like Driv3r back in the day. Even if it was long ago, TechRadar's just a generic fluff site that gives meaningless info on shit you can easily learn yourself like HURR HERE ARE DA BEST PRICES ON SHIT. It's a site run by a cancerous company that's doesn't tell anything of worth to begin with. The reason you sound so buttmad is possibly you're the author of the article in question.

Because you're a good guy and fuck you, that's why.

yes
no
maybe
i don't know
could you repeat the question

How did that completely go over the head of the one taking the screenshot?

Any video linked via external source is forcibly converted to and hosted as a webm if autists cry hard enough for it, regardless of the fact the rule on it states only monetized videos will gain that treatment and that the people crying about it are typically not interested in actually watching the video regardless of if it's hosted "properly". Mark and his mod-cabal enforce the rules on a "case by case" basis, which essentially means they only enforce the rules when they feel like it instead of even-handedly. Aforementioned example that mods will come in and reroute a directly-linked news source if it's not archived, even if the information stands no chance of being edited (old stay-by of the Gamergate days was that archival was in the event of some rainbowhair changing what their article said in response to pressures) or occasionally even if it's from a "friendly" news-source. Literally everything to do with the template-thread rule, which is community-known but isn't actually explained in the rule itself (hell the rule itself would put any and all general threads under fire if taken at face value).

There are a very large amount of unwritten rules and unwritten stipulations to rules that are written, trying to say otherwise is flatly madness. I agree with you that there is a truckload of autism surrounding the archival websites (most especially the belief that they're infallible; apparently nobody remembers the time Holla Forums nearly got wiped from archive.is's database from faggoty hipsters putting pressure on them) but don't start out a post talking out of your ass like that.

Go back to cuckchan if you don't like it then. You can shill your shitty gaming sites as much as you want there.

Funny how we complain about template threads and then constantly whip out canned responses like "back to cuckchan", no?

Looks like you need to go back too.

HEH

Why go somewhere that complains about Reddit, has general threads, and has a huge amount of Holla Forums crossposters derailing threads into politics when I've already got that right here.

So, just like everyone else.

Lurk moar, holy shit

Does Nintendo have the equivalent of Call of Duty/Battlefield/Halo to draw the whales in? No Spla2oon doesn't count.

Zelda

Super Smash Bros. has a hell of a lot of mass-appeal, but it only got online around Brawl and has remained notoriously spotty since then. More third-party games benefit from online than first-party where Nintendo is concerned.

Wait, is BotW multiplayer? I hadn't heard about that.

Their mass appeal online game is Mario Kart.

No, it's a normalfag shit.

They killed her off for being too ugly.

And then the /leftycuck/ reveals himself.

That game was released in 2004 apparently, user. 13 years ago. Why would you still remember that, and why would you expect anyone to remember especially people that don't play driving games?
It still seems like an harmless shitty barely visited site that nobody bothers with, I'm not asking you to support them since it really doesn't look like there's anything worth reading there, just saying the outrage with the link is not proportional to the site linked.

Does anyone have the pic with Frodo asking Holla Forums a bunch of questions about the double standards they hold? I seem to have misplaced it.
For the majority here it's never about internal consistency but finding something you can laugh about. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how hard you contradicted yourself as long as you get to laugh at something that's not you.
This is actually very depressing, but luckily they don't think too deep about this

Speaking of canned responses, has the "found the Holla Forums" horse been beaten into a fine mulch or is there some life in it yet?

Good, glad we're on the same page. So there was no reason for your outrage at us for not wanting support such a worthless shithole.
Well underage, because it was basically gamergate shit well before the phenomenon of shitty gaming press was well known
Oh pardon the fuck out of me for expecting an board dedicated to VIDEO GAMES has some modicum of users that were knowledgeable about the history of video games. Do you still support IGN when they engaged in the crusade against "entitled gamurs" when ME3 came out?

Well faggots like you whining about "Holla Forums bringing up politics" only to reveal yourselves as leftists sure keep it alive.

I don't know how I'm supposed to respond to something like this. Are all Japanese businessmen this clueless and naive?

Mark pls

They've probably realized fanboys and normalfags are going to buy whatever they make regardless, so they'll just say "we did it for the fans" to feign concern for them.

I'm not outrage you're not supporting it, why would you? I'm outraged at the disproportional asshurt it causes an unfiltered link to a shitty site nobody cares about. It looks more like a purity test than a security measure at this point.

Ahah, how embarassing.

I'm sure you know about all the videogames, user. All of them, even the genres you don't like or play at all because you don't have interest in them. Plenty of time to know about all them videogames if you don't play any after all.
Who the fuck cares about Driver anyway, you get your auto-autism with Gran Turismo or Need for Speed and everything else you had with Mafia or GTA. Driver was just the "mature GTA" or Mafia with better cars.

You're a riot.

Nigger, it was an open-world car-jacking game with celebrities like Michael Madsen and Ving Rhames appearing in it. It was promoted to hell and back by Atari as the Driver game that would dethrone GTA. It's engine was used a tech demo for Stuntman on PS2 as a means of giving people a chance to test the game out.

Because your passive aggressive underage retardation makes you such a wise sage of the medium, fucktard. You're a riot.

The only upside to paid online is that it might motivate Nintendo to take online more seriously. Corporate psychology is weird like that; even though online is critical to a modern game console, and good online services (free online too, for that matter) can translate to console sales, they'll will miss the forest for the trees and under invest in it unless they can directly make money off of it.

But we're talking about Japanese businessmen user. They're notorious for refusing to adapt to modern times and making braindead decisions. Oldschool Japs are running companies like Nintendo and Konami into the ground.

I think the problem is two-fold: You have Nintendo of Japan who are stuck in the past and refuse to adapt, and Nintendo of America who have pretty much made it clear that Nintendo products are aimed directly at children and families.

OP is a faggot

But also, it doesn't matter what Nintendo is ACTUALLY using the money for. What matters is the services the customer receives in exchange for their money. Xbox Live offers a very good party and chat system that makes it easy to join your friends' games in progress, or just chat with them while you play totally different games. They also use the servers for quality matchmaking (if such a thing can exist) on their biggest titles. PSN has a slightly worse version of the same. Nintendo has jack fucking shit in this regard. Their online functionality is completely different on a per-game basis. They have no parties and no chat because it's always WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN, THERE COULD BE A MOLESTER ON THE OTHER END. There's no reason to pay for something you got for free before; if they offered decent party/chat functionality it would at least be on par with the other services that charge money for online, and an upgrade from what they had before. But they really aren't delivering anything and I hope they get absolutely shit on by the general public for it, in the form of Switch sales taking a nosedive.

?????????

ALAKAZOOM!

That's on the Gears developers. What I mean is that their servers never get bogged down by big releases or holidays. It used to happen in the early 360 days but not anymore. They offer not-shitting-the-bed.

Let's be honest user, servers cost nothing to mantain. People paying to use the service means nothing about its quality.

I didn't know "Holla Forums is bloody everywhere and derails threads into politics" was left-wing in nature.

It probably won't cause the sales to take a nosedive over all but I think I will hold back online multiplayer sales on the console. After all most Nintendo games are single player or couch multiplayer.

Nah, but its a pretty common tactic of left-wing shills user

Unfortunately they aren't stuck far enough into the past for them to make great games anymore.

They seem to be coming out of the fucking woodworks tonight. I can only guess it's damage control on how the Cleveland manhunt thing wrecks the narrative that blacks never do anything wrong.

There a comprehensive list of general behaviors for stuff like that? I like to avoid getting a bunch of reddit spacing-type hearsay where it's supposedly a surefire sign except there's no way of actually proving such a thing.

These posts feel so familiar to me. Did this become a pasta and I just missed it? I KNOW i've seen this almost word for word in the past.

Fuck any company using BS excuse of quality control.

1v1 me they didn't, though

You know, the whole "dedicated gaming networks aren't cheap" excuse Microsoft came out with during the original Xbox's lifespan could at least be justified by it offering something new (unified friends lists/integrated voice chat) and better than the competition. The moment these companies started to open up online marketplaces though… not a chance in fucking hell is that excuse going to fly. The data throughput of hosting these marketplaces is absolutely massive compared to what's needed for dedicated gaming servers. And look at all the other shit they give away "for free" - like voice chat, messaging, access to demos and free-to-play (in some cases).

The games/dlc/lootcrates and other shit sold through the store is what pays the fucking bills. They're just making you pay to play online because fuck you, give me money. And these retards will. They will and they will thank Sony/MS/Nintendo for the privilege of getting their asses prolapsed by corporate branded giant dildos. Oh, look at this handful of 3+ year old games that never sold and piles of indie-shit they give away "free" each month. That's more than worth the cost, right? Yeah, you'd probably think that if your parents were siblings. Those "free" games are nothing but rentals which expire the moment your subscription lapses, and only serve to artificially pad a "library" that ensures that you don't stop paying them or else risk losing access to a bunch of trash they licensed for literally pennies on the dollar.

Nintendo is now charging for online functionality because the legal system hasn't yet classified it as exploitation of the developmentally disabled.

disabilityjustice.org/financial-fraud/

It's all just bait to get you into their console/ecosystem where they run a monopoly on the only storefront. You are paying the Jew for the privileged of being locked inside of his merchant hive.

They just took the juiciest part of that bait and added a $10/month price tag.

When do you think Steam will change from a "free" service to outright charging you monthly?
To pay to play games you already paid for individually.

You don't seem to know that it has become commonplace for articles to be "updated" without so much as a note saying that it was changed. That's the real reason Archiving is demanded no matter what the muh ad revenue autists say.

Wouldn't surprise me. They already tried selling mods, remember? Nothing is beneath them now. They'll do it under the same guise as Nintendo; to provide a better service, etc. Nevermind that they've been indefinitely "fixing" Steam and their customer support for years now and it still fucking sucks.

Nothing wrong with selling mods.
If modder wants to get paid for his hard work, he has the right to.
Fuck off commies.

Call me a shill but if I get a decent service in return I'm happily eating 2 burgers less a month.

Necessarily just selling?
No
Encouraging to sell and turning it into a commercial only program and preventing the operation of free alternatives provided by individuals that want to provide a free service at their own expense?
Yes, that is, in fact, a bad thing.

?

that edit is 20/10

See: Protections afforded to paid producers on video creation platforms to users that although contribute to the overall success of any particular service that they contribute to are actively hampered compared to commercialized users that make contributions.

Wow that's a lot of smart words there.
I mean was selling mods affecting say something like Nexus in any way shape or form?
I don't think so. System didn't hurt free mod distribution platforms in any way.

See, that's the issue, necessarily you're building the gun to shoot yourself in the foot with the future. Where as something say like youtube which most active traffic is to unmonetized content on the service that eventually leads to users viewing the monetized content and actively suppressing following views to nonmonetized content, youtube (and by extention google), have an effective monopoly by encouraging users to avoid alternatives if not actively suppress the end user from reaching alternatives to the service that they provide using both their clout as an organized group and legal methods to prevent free alternatives to their service from really taking off, usually being suppression from finding services that "compete" (read, provide the same service but offered freely) through themselves and affiliated companies that as most cases with technology companies located in California, are actively collusive.

Modders can already make money off of mods, you kike.

Yeah you are a fucking shill. The multiplayer servers are player hosted. That means you are always at some torrenting faggot's mercy who's hosting on a machine not meant for hosting. What's worse than the multiplayer service is the customer service. Have fun having your account hacked and closed with microsoft doing zero to help you.

Stopped reading there.
You get source on that? Sounds like bullshit.

Go on a VPN on a fresh browser install and go look up a single video you know ISN'T monetized and one that is. Then browse another video that isn't monetized. The sidebar is stuffed with monetized content "recommended for you".

How do you even tell monetized video from non-monetized?

I mean is it written somewhere?

So the Nintendo faggot is back, nice cuckchan image btw.

So nintendo's paid online is essentially a kickstarter to get nintendo passable online?

Thats pretty gay tbh fam

Fuck off. Most console multiplayer is still P2P and games that have their own servers are hosted by the game companies themselves. This server argument has been and debunked and dead since the days of 360 with how often it was brought up to defend MS's price gouging practices - servers are dirt cheap to maintain and not an argument for consoles and especially don't matter when most developers won't shell out for them and just make their games P2P.

If it were the maintenance of the servers for Sony and MS's digital distribution services (for downloading games, software updates, etc) it would still be shit just because it seems that money is going to waste for shit services. The online functionality barely works and is still massively throttled to the point where they take several times longer than they would for similar updates on Steam or other PC distributors (Origin, Uplay, etc), even when those services have notable throttling and download issues of their own and in Steam's case has a far bigger install base to deal with.

with the increase in games simply using aws to host their servers you can verify that charging is a complete money grabbing tactic.
sell 20 games, there's your servers for a year for 4000+ people

b-b-but dont you wanna fit in?

That was playstation's business strategy sans PS4. It's not very common for nintendo to sell their consoles at a loss, the only 2 i can think of are Wii u(IIRC because of the gamepad) and Gamecube(after they slashed the price to 100 bucks), and even then they still made profit pretty fast.

Is this both a Nintendon't shill and Holla Forums? I don't doubt the possibility of overlap, but I've never seen one here, just on cucked gaming sites' forums where they fellate "localization" and demonize decent, but accurate, translation by people not in the lefty clique.

Which one was the the grand daughter and which one was the tag along friend?

How fucking stupid are you, exactly?

Oh hey, OP is back. How does feel to suck dicks and press that enter key twice after every sentence?

also
>>Trying to out an individual in an Anonymous image board.
So you admit there only one of you, and that was you defending yourself under a different IP?

Yeah, .25 cents on the dollar, and that's after it's already sold past a certain threshold. Meanwhile Gabe and Todd eat the rest.

Nothing wrong with a modder selling his work.
Everything is wrong with a modder selling other people's work, and everything is wrong with Gabe and Todd selling other people's work while taking 75% of the profit.

Bethesda took 50% of the mod sales. Gabe only went for the usual 25% publisher cut.
Doesn't make him less of a kike, just makes clear who is the real cunt here.

People were doing this on chans years ago. How fucking new are you?

Under the Steam paid mod system, modders got only 25% of the sales, and if they didn't reach a certain threshold they got nothing at all. I'm not against publishers taking a cut if they're hosting the platform, but that's pure cancer right there. If you want to let modders make money from mods, put a tip jar on their pages, give 25% to Steam and the publisher combined at most, and have no minimum threshold that has to be met for the modder to get anything. Don't paywall mods, and don't jew modders.

The goyim will eat it up

You have to go back with him.

Lurk more.