Vita Thread #25

"Killing Bites NEVER EVER" Edition

WHATCHA:

And still importantly, are you having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2017/

Previous Threads: pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu

First-Time Buyer's FAQ: pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Wallpapers:ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4PCqXkeg
henkaku.xyz/
amazon.com/PlayStation-TV-vita/dp/B00KVMHSUM
twitter.com/QubicGames/status/854665441897263104
twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/854776009027080192
amazon.co.jp/dp/B009GSX0A4/
amazon.com/dp/B00K85X1TE
amazon.co.jp/dp/B009GSX1EE/
nicoblog.org/guides/nicoblogs-ps-vita-general-guide/#Part-2
nicoblog.org/guides/nicoblogs-ps-vita-general-guide/#Part-3
archive.is/yDlVk
twitter.com/RisingStarGames/status/856788776311545857
gematsu.com/2017/04/rabi-laby-puzzle-stories-announced-ps-vita
gematsu.com/2017/04/spike-chunsoft-announces-survival-rpg-zanki-zero-ps4-ps-vita
gematsu.com/2017/04/shin-yomawari-announced-ps4-ps-vita
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/the-legend-of-dark-witch/cid=UP2833-PCSE01049_00-VITADARKWITCHNA0
archive.is/XhVVI
xseedgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/akibas-beat-localization-changes.29239/
nicoblog.org/psvita/another-metroid-2-remake-return-of-samus-region-free-vitamin-2-0-ps-vita-vpk/
my.mixtape.moe/whtatk.vpk
store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/all-game-deals/cid=STORE-MSF77008-GOLDENWEEKSALEGG
play-asia.com/info/helpshippingoptions

pastebin.com/v8p0FQS0
imgur.com/a/FznLj
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SK Estival Versus and Persona 5
to finish the games i'm playing so I can get back around to some of my Vita backlog; such as Brandish, Gundam Breaker 3, and Dragon's Crown.
Nothing.

Super Robot Wars V. After that, probably Gundam Breaker 3 and getting back to Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain, maybe finally opening up my copy of Caligula.

Dungeon Travelers 2 to drop in price, it's close to 7000.

DT2-2, so I have it for whenever I finally get and finish DT2.

Pushing through DT2 again, took a 4 months break since hitting the sewers, now grinding a few levels in it. Still not sure how to use Yae properly but I have her as a Dark Lord and sometimes I can double slap shit under berserk with megaton press, having Conette a Mistress with warcry at a good level and samba. Only lvl 34ish and shitting out 2x 1k damage feels great, altho it feels less reliable than having a Joker spamming mad zapper under the same effects. I prefer having Lilian as the joker atm because her passive seems to pop often and, with some luck, do something that actually help.

I have all the roulette skills
full party freezes/paralysis happens way too often

Just Terraria. 3DS is somewhat preferred for having the stylus pen but Vita is not an ergonomic nightmare to play on. Not wanting or buying anything else at the moment.

Also minor update to the pirate pasta, mostly related to PSN since it works at the moment.

pastebin.com/4PCqXkeg

oh I wasn't aware we had a pasta for this. I'll make sure to include it in the OP from now on.

I was super hype for DT2-2, but now I don't know what to feel about the season pass. I want more content, but I don't want to support the cancer that is season passes. Pic unrelated

Dungeon Travelers 2, I guess? I don't know, I'm feeling game fatigue a bit after playing games basically nonstop for the last few months. I'm ready to spend a few weeks just watching anime.
Dungeon Travelers 2-2
Maybe Dungeon Travelers 2-2?

Nep vs Sega. Freedom Wars off and on, I don't know why I like it so much, but I can just mindlessly do the same shit over and over.

Nep Rebirth 2 and 3. Girls Und Panzer. Soul Sacrifice Delta. Since Adrenaline-3, need a new fucking memory card for some PSX games.

Maybe SS Delta if I can be bothered. Considering the Nep games just to complete the collection as well.

No matter. The only other version posted was a draft several threads back and had a serious error. I've only just gotten around to fixing that. It's still open for additions too.

Posting Vita-related cutes is always welcome. Speaking of, what is the OP picture from?

I've seen SSD go down to $4 in flash sales. Just figured I'd mention it.

finally.. Stella did it!

Whens windjammers

Does the CFW work with psTV and does it remain after reboot?

Well thanks for fixing what you have user. I'm sure it'll be pretty useful.

it's from a manga called Killing Bites about a bunch of monstergirls and a few monsterguys in an underground battle tournament to the death. The manga hasn't had a new chapter since January 2016 though. At TGS 2015, they released a teaser announcing a game based on the Manga that was apparently due out in 2016, but it never came out. They haven't even so much as released an announcement of delay or anything.

henkaku.xyz/
Read the usage page for the answer to your second question.

Just a suggestion: Add wololo.net and gbatemp.net in there for some homebrew-related news. The latter works for troubleshooting, too.

I really hope you don't use them seriously. They have some nasty negative possibilities.
Not a fan of Mistress, whips are underwhelming and I'd rather just stick Warcry on my Valkyrie/Dark Lord and keep my Maids in pure support roles. Have you tried her as an Etoile?
for the record I'm not DT2bro

DT2 and Stella Glow on my 3DS.

DT2-2 and GG:Rev2, but that's not a Vita game.

DT2-2. I'm probably downgrading to the regular version so I have money to buy the season pass

Actually are there any games on the Vita like SG? An SRPG that's comfy with fun characters.

Got you covered

I would not call piloting a super robot comfy. It must be fairly stressful…

There is nothing more comfy than the smoothest of jazz playing as your justice calls a storm

Makes me miss Crowe Broust from Z2.

Crow was a boss, for sure.

Minori is the worst Senran, which is amazing because Senran is a franchise filled to bursting with best girls left and right and then there's this absolutely fucking awful wreck that everybody hates named Minori.

Finally got Ar Nosurge physical. Fucking replace the digital copy with something else now since still got a 4GB card. a lot cheaper than usual, 92 bongbucks.

Soul Sacrifice Delta just a re-telling of 1? Almost disappointed.

Sale for the EUPSN, just in case you hadn't heard.

And this is how you do creativity. A beer for you, user, if there ever is a chance.

The absolute madman. I openly admit the Kill Everything (even you) roulettes are hilarious, but that's only because I save constantly

Rebirth 2? Asking cause this dungeon thing sounded familiar.

Sup. Played both roles, really. Ran Ist as a filled out Mistress & Conette as an Etoille. Just a few of my thoughts—grain of salt warning applies.

- Mistress seems to be decent support, good dmg support.
- They can front line if you have a good custom armor set, or some really good postgame items.
- Crown of Thorns is an iffy trade (Def score quickly gets eclipsed as you progress), but it's a freeze/silence protection combo. Food for thought if you ran a Bard-based Mistress. Boss drop in the Temple of Maharashtra.
- A Paladin eliminates most of the squish worries if you DO opt frontlines.
- Superboss drops are not only Mistress-oriented, they're broken as fuck. Downside: Super Bosses.
- Counter-attacks except Gravity Well and I think Mind's Eye are void if you use Enticing Love. The Gamefaqs guide writes this skill off, but the tradeoff for it's random roll is just that—no enemy counter. Unlike Danger shoot, Enticing Love guarantees at least 1 strike.
- There are 3 one-handed whips I've run across in the game. Could be more but I doubt it. All are pretty good.
- Absolute Obedience is just as useful as Bible Thump (read: Pretty damn useful). The amount of mobs & bosses that can be silenced or paralyzed is surprising.
For the curious:
- Malicious Divinity: Strongest whip in the game. One-handed. Mad God Guilty Requiem drop—she also drops the second-strongest 2nd spear, Ame no Nuhouko
- Auto Cotehardie: Big DEF boost, avg slot bonuses. Mistress's best armor. Jikoku Peggin drops it. Brace yourself she's cheap as FUCK with her all-target attacks & speed.
- Alpha & Omega: Post-battle drop by either Guilty Requiem or Angra Mainyu—I forget which at the moment. Nullifies all physical attacks.

It's pretty much a take it or leave it kind of class, but you can throw some serious TLC into it and get great results, even without the end gear.

Nah. She's cute and I'd feed her then play with her then do adult things to Yozakura

Hunting for people willing to do matches w/me in Monster Monpiece. Needing to honestly get back on DT2 and finish building my frontline mace Bishop build, and also fill out the rest of the subevents so I can put together an english guide on how to trigger that, since the only complete one is in Japanese.

Mary Skelter
Tokyo Xanadu eX (JPN. Aksys gets nothing from me)
Utawarerumono duology

DT2-2. The weekend came through all right. There is still hope. Just waiting to hear back from Zenmarket.

>Fun?
An astonishing amount of it.

How dare Idea Factory lie to me and call a dog loli a kobold.

Wouldn't do me any good, thanks though.

Same family? I can't remember my monster girls all that well. All I know is m'dick everytime I use her.

Or that would be the case if using her weren't expensive as fuck to build around and also no good mana recovery cards. No way to win them from folks so the pickings from the AI just ain't all that good.

fml

Yeah Rebirth;2. Trying to play all Nep games on vita (and sometimes plating them). Playing Nep U at the moment and Rebirth;3 later.

About to start dungeon travelers 2
Too lazy to look
a ps4
I did the seven deadly digimon/royal knight quests before the final boss so he went out like a bitch. Otherwise I enjoyed it despite the pretty terrible translations at points.

Nicely done, though admittedly I'm not certain how bongbucks compare with USD. Last I checked it was about $180-200 out here. What's it average in the UK?

Soul Sacrifice Delta to my knowledge is an expanded rerelease of the original.

Some vita games on sale on play-asia

Bit hard to make out some of those.

Eh. Maybe next week.

200-250 or so.

Well fuck. Was at a decent cost at least. It has warnings that it doesn't work on PS TV when you purchase it, yet it does perfectly. Fucking thing never updated.

Still just DT2 and Ar noSurge. Just unlocked the Dawa Shrine in DT2 and I just finished Nelo's genometrics in AnS.
2-2, Vita TV, bigger memory card, VNs with time travel that *aren't* Zero Escape
2-2, Vita TV

Does anyone know if Vita TVs are guaranteed to come on 3.60 or lower, or is it possible that I could get one that's past that? Should I play it safer and get a used one?

Guaranteed if it's ASIN B00KVMHSUM, which this is.

amazon.com/PlayStation-TV-vita/dp/B00KVMHSUM

I believe new ones are either 3.18 or 3.20, so if you bought new that's not a asian model, you're good.

Awesome.

Also has anyone played Mary Skelter? I like the look of the cover but I know nothing about it.

Steins;Gate?

I've started that on PC actually, is it worth having in my pocket?

Just if you want the comfiness.

God dammit I wanted to import that version to play while I wait for the PC port

I recently started on Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational. I was never one for golf games, so I don't know if it's good, but I'm having fun playing it.

to to through the rest of my backlog.

Nothing.

Hot Shots Golf is right up there with Mario Golf in terms of arcade golf. Your only other option for golf is Tiger Woods The Masters Edition.

Aegis of Earth

Ys origins, but i don't know if i should wait for LRG's to go on sale or pay the exorbitant fees on play asia.

Some random Senran Kagura game, Runner 2, Ray Gigant, Odin Sphere Euro version, Hotline miami jap edition, Ass creed chronicles, and some random neptune games

Damn it all, i'm only halfway through Persona 5 and I've put 43 hours into it. God damn I want to have this beaten already so I can play through my backlog. but it's not as though I'm not having fun with it

I've still gotta get through Estival Versus before PBS comes out too.

Nah, that's Yomi. Minori is a cuter and much-less annoying version of Hibari. Hibari is just an idiot, but I can't really hate her. Plus, I find Minori's play style is pretty fun.

god-tier taste friendo

Well, there's only 6 of them user. Which one you wind up getting?

twitter.com/QubicGames/status/854665441897263104

Wrong. It's better across the board. Better physics, better courses, everything.

Excellent choice. I'll play with you if you ever want to have a lobby set up.

Persona 5
The witch and the hundred knight to go on sale for under $10 again.
i'll probably buy nioh if i dont see the witch and the hundred knight on sale before i finish persona. though i havnt touched the free dlc for gravity rush 2 yet… i'll probably play that while nioh's in the mail.

Dark Witch is pretty fun. Only got a few levels but it's mostly about getting fast times and no damage clears.

Is there a market/place in the US for buying/selling imported games?

You say that like it's normal. Anyways, Festival vs i think is the name.

Not particularly, ebay is pretty much your lot if you don't want to deal with proxys and shit.

I may have ordered an extra unwanted copy of a game, so I'll try eBay and hope someone buys it

It came with 3.35, you guys are right on. Getting it to mount the USB drive as a memory card was a bit unintuitive but I figured it out. Does anyone want a quick writeup on the setup process or nah?

Also more on topic, since I have VitaShell on both my handheld and TV, do I even need to go through qcma to sync my save files, or can I just copy them back and forth with ftp?

It's unintuitive as shit and I haven't been able to find a consistent workaround for stuff that requires restarts like Antiblacklist and Adrenaline.

You can copy it as much as you want.

Actually, I suppose it depends on which version you mean. Though you might want to research if the PS4 version is broken in the same way/some other way. But still.

well, okay yeah, most series of games don't have 6 titles, fair enough. But I don't mind it with Senran.

Oh Estival Versus.
That's the one I'm playing through now.
I'd encourage you to play Shinovi Versus first if you can, but that's a bit hard to get a hold of now it seems.

twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/854776009027080192

What? Shinovi's in stock on Amazon for less than 3000

amazon.co.jp/dp/B009GSX0A4/

shogadoggadoodilly doo

I got my copy of Shinovi at the perfect time. Sale lasted only one day and then it never got that cheap again. Wish I could say the same about some other regrettable purchases (Trillion, Exist Archive, Grand Kingdom, even Valkyrie Drive is currently very cheap everywhere).

Feels smug, man.

Japanon plz

amazon.com/dp/B00K85X1TE

yeah, I got Shinovi versus back in September 2015 and only paid $40 for it on Amazon. I got the LE for Trillion, so I don't quite regret that one. I never picked up Grand Kingdom or Exist Archive. Valkyrie Drive I guess I should've waited on however, I didn't expect it to be this cheap now.

I find it hilarious you keep linking that image when it contradicts your own argument and let's face it, 32% sounds about right for the percentage of Holla Forums that is Reddit shitposters or industry shills Besides, you're not shitting on the guy who recommends EU PSN to people despite the PSN being region-locked as far as payment is concerned, at least Amazon lets you pay in cash on delivery.

Ah yeah, if you're looking for the special edition with the figures and CDs and shit that's a bit pricier, unless you go for used: amazon.co.jp/dp/B009GSX1EE/

Glad you keep chuckling user. You know we all are every time you link a japanese game site on an english imageboard when you plainly know us anons are talking about versions of games understandable in the same language of said imageboard. If it brings you the same amount of joy I am even more pleased with it.

Never expected VD to drop. Ever. It seemed like one of those one-in-a-million chances of coming here type of games, especially once XSeed said they weren't going to touch it. Then we got it nearly uncensored. Maybe it didn't sell so well? Which would be a shame, I figured it was wanted more than some other games which are now harder to acquire.

me neither. If anything I thought it'd go up after a while for reasons like you said, it was pretty much a pipe dream of it coming over to the West. I'm pretty satisfied with Trillion's LE though. While the game itself is cheap as dirt, the LE is worth at least $80 and upwards to $120 depending on where you look.

Speaking of pipe dreams

I got a collectors edition for, like, 30$ back in early 2015. The local gamestop-like franchise went bankrupt and they were selling everything for retardedly marked down prices.
I still kick myself for not buying the fucking in-box neogeo for ~100$

No, I don't know that all people here want to settle for a loosely-at-best translated and censored port that might even crash your hardware. In fact, the evidence you yourself post regularly suggests a large dissatisfaction with such, and a movement away from relying on said garbage, so I'm not sure where you're getting this idea from. But hey, cling to your dogmatic belief desperately, I'll just keep playing video games

sounds like a pretty nice steal, sad to hear a about local game shops closing down though.

There's only three or four local gameshops here still standing amongst GoyimStop and GaymeExchange, and only one of them is still getting relatively-decent business due to the fact they're a retro game shop that has been around longer than the others. It hurts knowing they'll all inevitably close down.

That store closing down was the final step for EBgoys to take the monopoly on brick and mortar vidya stores in my town. I'm not that sad about them closing though, they were still assholes who overpriced everything and actively inflated the retro-gayman bubble by scamming old people and normalfags.
Them closing actually got me to dust off my vita and start using it for games again since release, so it all turned out well in the end.

oh, well fuck them then. The local shop I frequent isn't run by a scalping asshole. Though I've been there enough times I've kind of formed an acquaintanceship with the owner, so I can get some sweet deals from time to time too. Chain stores will never have a damned thing on an experience like that. That reminds me that I haven't been over there in a while.

localization when?

Whenever they get around to redrawing everyone in burkas

want

Some games just don't see much demand, be it around release or after it. Look at how cheap you can still find sealed, let alone preowned, copies of Glory of Heracles DS for. Or (admittedly it's been a while since I checked), Metal Saga for the PS2, which was about $8 around the time I got my copy a year or two back (I haven't checked recently, but I highly doubt it's gone up). "Professional" review of both seemed rather harsh on them which I'd say is liable to have affected whether people want to look into them. Granted, I'm not real sure what the case with VD is like, how well it sold, if it saw multiple prints, if the usual suspects shat on it hard in reviews (given the nature of the game and [CURRENT YEAR]).

FUCKING GAMESTOP drove all of the other non-Gamestop vidya focused stores out of town years and years ago, but have slowly been dwindling down in terms of sheer number (little need to have a Gamestop every other mile, let alone one IN the mall and one OUTSIDE the mall). Thankfully, given how my town and the surrounding towns are clustered, while this are got overrun with Gamestops, the other towns have less and you can still find the occasional independent vidya store. Though whether they're actually a decent store or "how on earth does this manage to stay in business" tier varies.

Gamestop also has a tendency to trash cases, covers, and manuals to make more shelf space. They hold responsibility for driving up the prices of complete copies of DS games (the ones with actual demand and that didn't see reprints, anyhow), as they made them that much harder to come by. I imagine they'll do similar with the PS3 and Vita down the line.

It's a nice theme, but I don't like having to use less bubbles per screen than the maximum.

God damn, I miss living in Japan.

why are her titties blushing

They're not even half that on ebay, fuck, if you just wanted the game in the normal case and not the LE you could probably get it for 24 bucks, in fact, i just did.

No problem, i'll check it out then.

The only gamestop in my town does that, not only that though, they're gutting the 3DS boxes now too, oddly enough though, everything else in the store is mostly unmolested.

Because they don't like being so exposed!

I got EV and SV digitally for that. In Australian. Finally started EV actually and learned where that scene came from. Only played the first stage to see how it plays, I'll do more tonight.

I was expecting the other version of that webm.

I'll look forward to it. How's tomorrow sound?

Probably so. I mean hell, a complete version of Avalon Code was worth about $80 when I bought it last year.

More power to you then. I'm a collectorfag, and the LE is the only physical release it got in North America. I couldn't get JUST the game without it feeling incomplete.

well, you'll quickly realize how sluggish it is at first, not unlike Shinovi. But unlike Shinovi, you don't have immediate access to the Girls' Hearts missions. So be ready for a bit of slog and low mission-ranking starting off.

I was going to say that I would be available this evening, but I've got some shit to do. Might be able to take a break for a few games, though.

Hello, fellow Avalon Code user. And yeah, it's even worse in cases where a game didn't see all that many copies purchased, let alone shipped out like that to begin with. And with AC, from what I've heard, most people that do own copies tend to keep it around rather than reselling/trading it. I kind of wonder if maybe XSEED could be talked into doing a reprint, the way VGP or whoever talked Sega into one for Infinite Space.

Anyhow, I suppose the point to be had is, pick up stuff you'e interested in before Gamestop starts to cull the "unessential" parts. Strikes me that the PS3, 360, Wii/WiiU, and Vita are liable to be in line for that treatment in the future.

Sorry, I can't tonight. How about Sunday?

I have a quick question about VPKs.

nicoblog.org/guides/nicoblogs-ps-vita-general-guide/#Part-2

According to this I gotta trim them. Is that essential?

So far it feels like 3D Burst but without the utterly horrendous framerates so I don't feel sick playing it. Still something I'd only play sporadically because of its simplistic gameplay. I also think the dressing room is more limited than the one in SK:BA, except for this wonderful feature!

Which one?

nicoblog.org/guides/nicoblogs-ps-vita-general-guide/#Part-3

Refer to this for installing games, or maybe even my shiny new pasta! VPK dumps are generally not recommended unless it's the only option, not the least because they take an eternity to install.

extension)

That's odd, I didn't have any problem running most of my games like Darkstalkers and Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX despite not following this naming convention.

Sure, man.

It was the case for a few years originally on the PSP, but they managed to bypass it later.

Liam was wrong, Vita means death ;_;

Well there's your problem, Europe is pretty much a dead end for vidya as a whole

I'm just being paranoid, right? There's a pretty low likelihood of it going out of print this year. …Right?

Good to know. I'll take that out of the next revision, as well as what said.

How about on Amazon and the like?

Where are you checking prices?
Check on Play-Asia, Heavy-Arm, Mariio128.

the biggest asset mistresses have is Ressurection without being a magic user. Outside of that, your damage isnt that high but high enough to save your ass from a near defeat because most maids wouldnt deal any damage at all and you're just wiping.

meant for

Has there been any updates to Mary Skelter and any possible limited editions from IFI?

Fug.

I think PS3 will go more the way of PS2, where it'll still be relatively easy to get a hold of a lot of different games even 10 years later. 360 maybe will, WiiU and Vita for sure. Wii has proper/working emulation at least, but I know a good handful of Wii titles are very rare. Stuff like Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon or Pandora's Tower.

headpatting is my favorite dressing room feature. I haven't played SK:Burst yet, but I snagged a copy of SK2 DC while I could, with the soundtrack of course. I'll have to get burst in the eShop after I replace my N3DS, because I was a retard and broke mine.

Not that i've seen, sadly.
It's still only April though, the game doesn't release until mid-August.

Go rare? Not likely, i imagine it's going to get a similar treatment to the original xbox.

Now i have joined the vita cult i have one question: the theme selection is trash, can i just make lewd anime girls my wallpaper?

Also picture to show i swur on me mum.

Did you fuck the mom? And yeah you could make wallpapers out of whatever images are on the memory card. There's also custom themes if your vita is at 3.60.

You can put whatever wallpaper you want

Yes, you can even have it set to display individual wallpapers for each page, just press triangle to start customizing and hit the little wallpaper button on the bottom right of pic related

this poor little white boy aint ready for that jelly.

and now to decide what lewd anime girls make my wallpaper and i will be complete.

search: ? vita wallpaper

I just open these threads for this reason alone.

But its deciding what lewd in a sea of lewd to pick, thats too much lewd!

OH BWOY

Save them all and let the computer decide day to day.

check the op, there's a link there with an album of vita wallpapers you can use. Plenty of lewd and nonlewd there. Just open that link in your vita browser and save the images to the vita.

I'll have to spend some time after setting up folders and stuff i just stuck with pic related for now
8gb aint much but i got a fair few old and new titles to try and silent hill sounds fantastic but tactics is a bit tinny so i guess it varies between games?

you'll probably want to invest in another memory card. I'd say go with a 32GB one. I've been using it since I got my Vita. You'll really shell out the shekels for it though.

literally anything would be better

If you have a PS TV gun it for a USB stick. It's cumbersome with applications that muss with the database and require restarts.

Also where's the gay weeb porn? I'm triggered by all these vaginas.

This reminds me, how does DOAX3 run on the Vita? I was gonna grab it on PS4 but there haven't been any decent sales, so I might just download the Vita version and jack off a bit.

Screencapped for typical Switch owner plebian. At least it's in better hands now. As others have said, wallpaper can be set but custom themes need hacking. When choosing a picture, go with something visually simple or faded so it's not cluttering the menus so much.

Vita is a worry because of the proprietary memory cards. Certain physical releases are already a pain to get like Gravity Rush, otherwise you could just pirate it.

My brother.

Hopefully before version spoof gets killed off again.

You are welcome.

Most are, really, but Gravity rush is surprising given how it used to go for a mere pittance a few years ago, seemed like stores could just not get rid of the things.

it's not terrible. Some frame drops, but nothing awful.

Shame that some companies, for whatever reason, opted to never have a digital version of various games available, leaving some games UMD only as far as legitimate means of play go.

That's not the case at all where I live. It's incredibly easy to find Gravity Rush for the Vita even at hit-or-miss stores. Probably the most common to see Japanese developed game on the system here.

You're right about stores doing their best to clear out copies, at least as far as unsold new ones went. I got my copy a couple of years back for $7.50 at a Target that still had some (in the back room; they couldn't be bothered to even dump them in the clearance bin).

Well it was 3 years into the PSP life that they actually added PSN support to it, and I don't remember when exactly it was but it was a while before Sony pretty much forced publishers to put up digital games when they were released on disc.

Fair point. I'd have to actually double check some of the release dates for UMD only game I know of though.

Any chance that the same thing could explain certain PS3 games not having digital versions as well?

Yeah, it's why they made a huge deal about day 1 digital games near the end of the PS3s lifetime.

Huh. Maybe it's because I only got a PS3 perhaps halfway through its lifespan of being current, but I wasn't really aware of that. Did strike me as strange how some games did or didn't see a digital version, especially when a sequel did (like how Yakuza 4 is on the PSN but Yakuza 3 isn't). Still, I kind of wonder why, after dual physical/digital releases got to be more of thing, that the companies involved didn't go back and work to get what they hadn't gotten up there up in the end.

Mainly due to licensing, if they wanted to go back and put games up on a digital platform they would have to rework contracts that might not have allowed a digital release. It sounds weird but that's how things are.

Since I've seen plenty of anons playing DT2 here, could you point out why you find it good? I mean, do you feel it is really worth the 80 hours you need to finish de main storyline?

I've been thinking about buying it, but reviews are generally shit with lots of complaints about fanservice and few details about gameplay/setting

As a surprise, my girlfriend ordered a pstv for my birthday, it arrives tomorrow. What kind of wacky shit can I do with it? Is there any way around it, or do I have to buy the sony memory cards?

You can use Vitashell to mount a USB stick as a Sony memory card actually.

Also the wackiest shit you'll see is a Featured games tab full of ads that you can not remove unless you directly fuck with the important system files with homebrew.

Make sure it stays on 3.60FW, then you can do

I see. I guess that's as good an explanation as any.

Nice. So apparently vitashell is bundled with henkaku, does this mean I won't have to go to that website every single time I reboot the system?

Any particularly good homebrew you recommend?

That's modularshell, it can't do as much as Vitashell, so use modularshell to install Vitashell.

Also modularshell has a little tab that will go to the Henkaku install page for you, since you will need to re-install Henkaku each time you reboot the system.

It's more like 50 hours if you know the basics. The game has fanservice, yeah, but only calling that is a mistake. DT2 is the best dungeon rpg on vita (DT2-2 in japan) and it's is more like a challenge for those who like games that punish you (most of time) for doing mistakes.
There is a demo in the store. Try it and if you don't like it is okay. The game is not for everybody.

What precautions are there for 3.60 to make sure you don't update?

Similarly is there anything you should be doing to avoid a PSN ban since it currently matters?

No. For homebrew programs to work HENkaku must be operating or you just get an error trying to start them. It can be set up via the browser (shortcut in molecularShell live screen), or offline via the E-mail program once you set it up.

Where do you think we are?
It's a great dungeon crawler, the maps are great, the classes are all interesting and there's a shitton of builds for your minmaxing autism, not to mention hidden mechanics and bosses. Visual design is great, music is great, fanservice is great, the writing is good (item descriptions are less so, but apparently the bad puns were in the original Japanese?). It's really fucking solid like muh dick
Also I wanna hold hands with Melvy.

Which system files do I have to fuck with? That tab has been pissing me off. sage for double post

You need to rename or remove vs0:/apps/NPXS10102 which means you have to use VitaRW to get at the important stuff, the sort that if you fuck with too hard you could brick your system.

Any recommended grips from amazon/aliexpress/ebay for my oled vita?

I use the Joetsu L2/R2 grip. Super comfy for me, but I have rather large hands (length-wise, not sausage-wise) so if yours are smaller you might want to go with something a little smaller. For me this thing makes holding the Vita about 4 times more pleasant, no more hands getting cold or numb using it.

I may have to leave in about an hour, but I got some free time, where are you?

Add Cryptcretin on PSN. I'll probably be on in the evening. I'm busy right now. I'll drop by later today when I'm ready.

Reviews aren't too bad, but if they're too polarizing, then you have to take them with a grain of salt. I don't trust 10s or 0s.

Just turn off the "check for updates" option in Settings and don't go into developer mode(or whatever it's called) without turning off wifi first. That's it.

It's a very solid dungeon crawler with a good level of party customization. It's also challenging, if you're looking for something more difficult. The story isn't emphasized as much, but for the most part, character interactions are pretty lighthearted. Characters are likable, the plot is, well, there, and dungeons have gimmicks that play out well. They also get progressively larger.

My only interaction with dungeon travelers are the doujin where they fuck bugs there are a lot of them for some reason.

I just picked up a vita a few days ago, mostly to be a SRW V machine.

Have to go digging for a memory card that doesn't cost half of what I paid for the damn thing in the first place.

Has anyone played Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Force? I noticed it on the store list and am curious about it.

It's OK, but you'd be much better off just waiting for Gundam Versus or importing Full Boost if you want Gundam Vs.

I'm not going to be available today. We'll have to try another time.

This shit made of gold?

archive.is/yDlVk
I hope Akiba's Beat flop hard. Xseed deserve it for not releasing TitS 3rd on vita and making fun of it.

It has dual audio so I don't see why the nigga has to make a big deal about it, other than trying to defend XSeeds investment into the English dub.

What exactly is the problem here? He dared to ask a fucking blogger to actually fucking do his job and critique the game properly? Are you just looking for shit to be angry about or something.

Can't wait for that industry to become politically correct and feminist too!

Today I learned SK:BA's European version is censored. So you know the dressing room feature where you can dress them in lewd outfits and feel them up while they get pissed off at you? No problem! But knowing exactly what they're saying to you? That's over the line! So the scrolling subtitles in there are gone.

I'm returning to that for a bit too and the difficulty curve is still all over the place. Yagyu's story got ended early thanks to that one delinquent-looking girl.

What developer mode option? That's a PS3 thing isn't it?

shiggy diggy

i got a nice chuckle out of that.
Forgot about Demo even talked about the Vita; that was from his Drakengard 3 video iirc

sad to hear user. I can tell you that the PC version has the text in the dressing room still. And it doesn't take shit to run, if you still were wanting to play the game.

nah, Daidouji isn't a delinquent, she's just rough around the edges and is quite possibly a force of nature.Besides, her song isn't the hardest one, in terms of difficulty spike. That song would be Rin's. Those two aside though, the difficulty jumps and drops can be a bit jarring even on the other girls' songs.
If they made a Bon Appetit 2 or something that's much more balanced and with properly-scaled difficulty, i'd buy/play the shit out of it honestly

The USA version has the subs too, that's why I even noticed, the first one I played was a pirated copy. Serves me right for being a goy. I could reinstall the USA one but it'd be a nuisance, and since it's literally just the subtitling that was removed, not y'know, the molestation and disgusted girls, it's even more inconsequential than "black square on dick" censorship.

Like with other Senran games this is also not the sort of thing I'd fire up a computer or console to play. It's really suited to a handheld.

Yeah her. What makes hers hard is the same button presses alternating lines in the third part, making it more difficult to follow. I'll learn hers eventually though. The other issue with the difficulty is that easy needs to be replaced with the current normal difficulty, while something between normal and hard should be the new normal. Hard is way too much of a leap for someone average at rhythm games but normal is just too easy most of the time.

Why can't I find a vpk or maidump of SRW V anywhere?

Doesn't that only work on stuff 3.60 or below? V is too new.

Because it's impossible. Hacks lock you out of playing games requiring an updated firmware, roughly speaking, 10/2016 is your cutoff.

Vita IDU mode.

Can't be dumped as of now. We need those new encryption keys before that's even a possibility.

Man i've been enjoying the shit out of my vita. the slim feels so nice in your hands and while the 8gb i got is not nearly enough memory since P4G took up like half of that i can see myself building a collection of games for it. The screen is gorgeous, the battery only seems to drain when downloading games off PSN and i'm really enjoying all the cool indie stuff like Yomawari night alone that never came to PS3/4 for some reason.

My only gripe is the obvious one: nobody sells games at retail anymore. Toy stores only stock the lego games exclusively and games stores all seem to have the same beaten copies of the MGS2/3 collection, silent hill book of memories and MAHVEL in rotation. So looks like online is the way to go.

Still so far i've installed Vagrant Story, FFIX, FFT:WotL, Persona 4 Golden, Yomawari night alone, corpse party, Silent Hill, Shovel Knight, Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Dankest Dungeon and compared to the pokemon moon and monster hunter generations i bought for my 3ds over the last 2 years of owning one thats a fair bit of time that will be eaten up.

My biggest surprise was opening the Near app to see 9 other vita users in a 4km raidus all playing P4G, not persona since thats £3 and thats a steal, but that you would think nobody owns a vita. I guess just nobody trades them back in so the numbers always stay low?

Either way i'm happy i got it and plan to buy much weebshit. How's Criminal Girls?

Censored garbage.

Only played the PSP version, but I haven't heard about the Vita version fixing it. It was uninspired and boring, a real disappointment.

Sadly, even if you're not playing the foreignized version, it's still garbage.

can't blame you there, I'm inclined to agree. Though I don't have any issues playing Estival on PS4 like that. Bon Appetit is definitely best on a handheld though.

yeah. And then playing on Normal and getting to Rin's or Daidouji's songs is like jumping from Easy to Expert.

Depends on where you live/look. Where I am, Fucking Gamestop still has a few small shelves of Vita games from various developers, but elsewhere it can be really hit or miss, and some secondhand vidya stores don't even have a Vita section anyhow. Most of what I see tends to be western made shit people don't want (Uncharted, Little Deviants, Farming Simulator), and a handful of Japanese games like Gravity Rush and P4G (Ys: MoC is oddly rare to see locally), but occasionally a store gets in something beyond that that's of interest and at a good price too. Like a CE for Yomawari for $25 (which also has The Firefly Diary bundled on the cart).

If you're open to more PS1 JRPGs, I'd recommend Wild Arms 1 and 2 if/when you've got room (WA1 is like 300 MB, 2 is like 600). Of course, that's assuming you've got a NA PSN account (WA2 was denied a PAL release); given the rest of your post I assume you live somewhere in Europe, and the EU PSN is rather lacking compared to the NA one from what I've seen. Strikes me as a real missed opportunity: one would think a digital rerelease format would make it easy money to finally give particular regions games they never got in the past, but outside of a handful of JP only PS1 games that have made their way to the west PSN (NA PSN, anyhow), that hasn't happened, and so if you want to play them without resorting to importing or emulation, you've got to jump through hoops (especially in the case of the Vita, where you can only have one region active per memory card at a time).

I think Xseed has been shortchanging the print run for their vita games. Seems like all of their games, sans EDF are retaining their prices pretty well, stuff like Akiba's trip and ys. The PAL version seems easier/cheaper to get ahold of though, if you can deal with NISA Europe being the publisher.

I already have a copy myself. Was just remarking on how despite Ys being somewhat popular these days, I don;'t see MoC too often at all. Incidentally the copy I have is a PAL copy a friend got for my birthday, despite us both living in the US and him using Amazon's US site to order it.

You might be right about them shortprinting various games though, and not just in regards to the Vita. There's a number of DS, PS3, and Wii titles they've handled that I don't see much either (PSP games though I do, but I see that more as UMD being an iffy format and the Vita being incompatible with discs out here prompting more trade ins for those games), and with the handful of PS2 games they handled they did have the excuse of being something of a fledgling company at that point as well. Some companies do seem get that niche games are going to be niche and print sizes can be somewhat low but still considered a success, like Atlus seems to understand. Atlus though tends to do reprints when demand is judged to be high enough and prior availability low enough (such as the PS2 SMT games, Etrian Odyssey, and Radiant Historia were pre-reprint); not sure if XSEED's made much of a habit of doing the same or not.

Based on what i have to go on, XSEED is very short sighted, they'll only do reprints if their initial pathetic run sells like hotcakes, and there's still tons of demand for more(The last story and Rune Factory 4 for example), otherwise, it's mostly just going to end up like Solatorobo or the Wild arms games they did.

My 64 gig SD card just came in and I want to convert my old 16 gig card to a jap game SD card so I can get DLC on my english imported jap games like Gundam Breaker 3 and Gundam G generation.
So how does one go about setting one up? Is it just as simple as signing in on a Singapore PSN account (or whatever region you use for Asian English games) after I wipe my old 16 gig card?

Wild Arms 4 at least doesn't have that much demand or even that big a pricetag (averages maybe $15-20 where I am), on account of it being one of the weakest games in the series. WA5 though has certainly been on the rise despite fans also being iffy about that one (though to less of a degree than WA4), to the point it's about the second most expensive game in the series, after fellow shortprint ACF (which had low interest due to Agetec delaying the game a lot). You're right though, some of their games like Solatarobo, or Avalon Code, seem destined to just be "initial print only". At least stuff like Trails of Cold Steel I and II have an excuse for having a perhaps smallish physical run here (actually not real sure what availability on those is like, other than not seeing it outside of Gamestops here), both games being among the final stretch of the PS3's lifespan, in regard to that version, I mean.

I'm surprised the servers haven't been shut down yet.

And yet Modnation Racer's Vita version is getting shut down in July.

That game was too good for this world and too good to be blacklisted on PS TV.

EB Games over here rarely has a couple of Vita games, and it's only AAA stuff or Minecraft. But we happen to have an anime&manga store that has a decent selection for Vita and even a few PSP games. The only problem is some of them are imports, as I found out with Muramasa's DLC.

That brat Mirai has one of the harder ones too. Probably my favourite song at least.

From what I've found looking that up, it's not a developer mode and doesn't seem to have much purpose since there's better ways to access some of its interesting features like the button swapping.

twitter.com/RisingStarGames/status/856788776311545857

gematsu.com/2017/04/rabi-laby-puzzle-stories-announced-ps-vita

gematsu.com/2017/04/spike-chunsoft-announces-survival-rpg-zanki-zero-ps4-ps-vita

gematsu.com/2017/04/shin-yomawari-announced-ps4-ps-vita

US release when

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/the-legend-of-dark-witch/cid=UP2833-PCSE01049_00-VITADARKWITCHNA0

Drive Girls coming out in Europe on May 26th, retail AND digital! No word for NA release yet, fingers crossed though.

archive.is/XhVVI

meant to link the trailer too, my bad.

Looks fun. Driving segments look like complete dogshit, though.
Probably worth a pirate.

Are those cars licensed?

Is that just the first game or does it include the sequel?

I hope it comes out here, importing european releases cost more than importing japanese releases where I live.

Continuing EV. Now I've found the difficulty settings I'm sticking to normal. Even that is making me look like a dunce but it's survivable, and at least giving me opportunity to gradually learn how to play it. Easy shouldn't exist it's a button masher.

Random detail I love is the way some of the girls dash. Like Yumi glides around on ice, while Haruka gets dragged around by her geodude robot thingy. Also glad that EV kept the dressing room subtitles. It even fixes a mistake, because why is an 18-year-old calling you "lolicon".

Like Initial D Extreme Stage then. Disappointing. This is why most licensed games and waifu games suck.

Because it doesn't matter if she's 18 if you're perceived as liking her for not looking 18.

I got EV on the PS4, though. Just pirated on PC as well just for nude mods and also because I'm not paying for DLC.

I was being sarcastic. Obviously they can't translate it faithfully if they had to remove their ages from the localization, gotta keep up the pretense of them being adults.

Ah, just looked it up. For some reason I was under the impression that Mirai was actually 18. I'm probably thinking of another character.

xseedgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/akibas-beat-localization-changes.29239/

That "company policy" is obviously designed to be an ultimatum invoked for controlling issues have with the "localization" of games
Because clearly disagreeing about something means you're ashamed of the entire fucking company.

Killing bites is also getting an anime. I think.

If I liked Toukiden, will I like Toukiden 2?

Probably. I hated Toukiden Kiwami and love Toukiden 2.

Toukiden 2 fixes everything wrong with the previous game(s) and adds so much more.

Toukiden 2 is infinitely better

Sweet. I'll give it a shot.

Only other physical game I wanted in the Europe region was J-Stars, which got to a deep enough sale that I got it digitally. Now there is no choice, I must import it.

Don't have the time to read this, but lately I've been getting the feeling XSeed is taking the same turns that led NISA down its dark path. There haven't been any of their releases I was interested in for the past half year anyway, which for me is the first sign something is amiss.

I'm a frame rate stickler when it comes to hunting games, so I don't think Toukiden 2 is for people like me. But then again lots of people say it doesn't get tense enough for near-frame-perfect actions to matter so eh.

Main point is Tom will not be appearing in XSEED credits anymore. He felt that the way they went about inquiring and getting a parody name changed was censoring the release and then followed by "company policy"

Glossing over the fact that it's completely retarded to credit people EVEN IF THEY DID NOTHING this seems more like a protective measure. By crediting everybody by title rather than work there isn't any way to figure out who may have fucked up localization in the event it happens (such as the retardation behind P5's localization).

The problem is I have no issue believing this could very well have just been him falling on the sword to save the rest of the company's reputation as a mostly not shit localization company as they barrel down the path of NISA. Tom has, in essence, always been the butterdog to assuage people's fear of XSEED censorship and other retarded localization changes because

I see this going two ways. Tom, no longer on the credits, allows XSEED to go further into the shit because
or he ends up leaving the company after whatever contract/non-compete there may be ends and he creates a company that doesn't do retarded shit like that.

Of course always the 3rd option that this was the plan all along and anybody who gets mad at XSEED fucking with things now gets shouted down because

So, every localization ever?

There are things that are possible to understand in the process of localization. These include changes that do not or could not make sense in the language being translated to (including puns, obscure cultural references that cannot be understood or explained quickly, occasionally vocal tics to the point they don't change the character) to the point that they don't largely change the characters or story. There is also a difference between translating a game faithfully (as in, this is what the original creators were trying to convey) and translating literally (again, Persona 5 is an extreme example, a shit localization and, where they did translate it "properly", is extremely literal to the point of sounding googletranslate tier).

By saying

I mean that in the way of, if a game has horrible dialogue flow generally the translators or editors are to blame. By crediting everybody by role in the company rather than the work they actually did it allows them to cover for anybody in the event the localization is worse than usual.

obligatory

Those all fall under the umbrella of "translation." "Localization" is just a neologism that appropriates those facets of translation to justify running amok with a script and shitting all over it. It's a cancerous practice that must be purged.

To play any game, you need to pick up the necessary skills to do so, whether that be reaction time, strategic thinking, or literacy. The casuals can bitch all they want about how they want their games read to them, but no real gamer is going to settle for that shit.

You're right, but all that really means is JRPGs and VNs are trash that have nothing to offer but long boring cutscenes.

Who said each game only had to have one skill to learn? That said, VNs ARE trash as far as games go, and I don't know why people even treat them as video games instead of as picture books.

nicoblog.org/psvita/another-metroid-2-remake-return-of-samus-region-free-vitamin-2-0-ps-vita-vpk/

Might amuse. Apparently someone ported AM2R to Vita. Haven't looked too much at it myself, but it's there for any faggot to see.

Fuck hollow fragment, fuck it's shitty drop rates, and most of all fuck you sword autist for your shitty recommendation.

Is lost song any good? Like it does have any of that larpagan faggotry from the alf shit?

Can anyone recommend a game that has some tactical depth to it and punishes wrong/bad play

already played DT2/Disgaea 4

DT2-2/Disgaea3?

Speaking of 2-2, does Play-Asia have order tracking? My premium edition's supposed to show up soon and I don't want to miss the mailman and deal with the braindead people at the post office.

Sony has more metroid games than Nintendo

Wow i actually wanted this.

Most of the SRPGs from the psp are on the PSN. Then there's Natural Doctrine. I haven't played it myself but its reputation is that it's hard but not BS.

Is this the gbmicro-psp situation again?

Once I can be bothered to try downloading from that crap file host I'll check that out.

Speaking of homebrew vitaQuake is going straight to the pasta, it's a pretty good port barring some framerate problems. It even supports mods to an extent. I got a decent control mapping for Airquake, but couldn't find a way to unbind the left stick which it lets you control the tank like the Quake guy, pretty hilarious.

What multiple Vita threads? I see multiple 3DS on the front page right now.

Theres threads about multiple vita games like the new Yomawari sequel and even a fucking thread about 'NEAR'. Thats more vita shilling than Holla Forums usually does. I can only think its because monhun and sun/moon were the last big hurrahs for the 3ds and Holla Forums remains thirsty for handheld games.

We just had Monster Hunter XX, Fire Emblem: The Other Hero King, and Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3 Professional, and we're getting the Radiant Historia and Strange Journey remakes soon, as well as Dragon Quest 11, a new Layton, a new Daigyakuten, and a new Sekaiju/FushiDan crossover. The fuck are you even on?

And is any of that 1st party? is another fire emblem nintendos big push for support? is layton going to sell huge numbers of hardware units?
is double cross even coming to the west on anything but the teased switch port?
the 3ds has had years of monster lineups. 2017 is a weak trickle by comparison and i cant imagine there is a slew of unannounced releases i the pipeline at this point.

Fire Emblem is, but really, who cares?

Probably not.

Who cares about Western releases?

The fuck? Who ever said anything about a Switch port? Hell, it'll be a surprise if even MH5 gets a port to the Switch instead of just being a 3DS exclusive.

Eh, admittedly we've had stronger years, but it's not like "oh the Switch is out devs are all going to jump shit to it despite the fact that it's not actually handheld and thus is going to always be second fiddle to the 3DS or it's inevitable successor"

Capcom has said there is a switch monster hunter release this summer in the shareholder meeting and also said "play MHXX first on nintendo 3ds" on twitter but deleted it. If monhun abandons the 3ds thats a big sign its on the way out.

A2MR seems to work OK, only tested up to the first Metroid though since I haven't even beaten the original. Also reuploaded somewhere not awful.

my.mixtape.moe/whtatk.vpk

They also said in a shareholder meeting that they weren't doing a re-release version for MonHun X (which obviously they did) or for Street Fighter anymore, so I would take anything said during those with a grain of salt at best.

Was that actual Capcom or CoA?

This is the only theory that makes sense to me. If others in the company are so gung ho about censoring a joke that will offend snowflakes and snowflakes only, it is OBVIOUS XSeed is circling the drain and about to join the swamp. If Tom isn't considering other options he had better fucking start. The non-localizing of both VD and Uppers were the biggest red flags, the censoring of the SK girls' ages was the first.

That's just retard speak; the fuckwits you filter and then move on with your life. If you know better and someone approaches you with a trolling attitude instead of being willing to speak they won't see reason, so fuck 'em. For instance, see japanon here.
>>12441139
If it wasn't for japanon's occasional useful insight, his smugness and insistence that everyone should know his language of choice would instantly put him into the useless territory of a common troll. Instead this unfortunate personality quirk is more like a small annoyance interrupting a meal; a fly buzzing around in a restaurant, instead of the whole meal/conversation being pointless from the beginning, like dead bugs lying in your food. It's because we pay attention to the assholes who have -absolutely- nothing useful or interesting to say that the world is in the shitty place it is. At least with nipnon I can get some interesting thoughts when japvangelism isn't the dead bug soup of the day.

My impression of Natural Doctrine is that it is a puzzle game masquerading as an SRPG. If you don't figure out each scenario's map/route properly, your chances of success are low to the point of failure. Also the combat system is designed to complement this approach; if you fail to line up and execute chains correctly, your chances of success are just as low.

There's a small resurgence of support for Vita now that the Switch has proven itself not just popular, but also flawed as fuck; half of the Vita formula. Naturally there will be comparisons between the two devices, and naturally this will increase interest in the Vita as a result. This will also lead to the observation that, at least in the short term, the Vita is a superior console in most ways, for some. Saw the OP of the other thread but didn't delve in deep, it was mostly for shitposting and people who already didn't know or care about it, so good for them. If it gets a few more people interested in the actual best console of this gen then that should make most of us happy.

Why would CoA being talking about double cross?

So for any murrcan anons apparently walmart has been ordered to liquidate all its vita stock which means memory cards as cheap as $15 for a 32gb card. So get on that shit niggs.

Seriously? You're sure it's not just for stores near you?

I wish i'm in bongland. They dont exist here period.

Well, the company that DID localize VD also removed the ages after saying nothing would be changed. Outrage ensued and somehow their response was
I somehow doubt it was changed for ESRB ratings since they have said several times that generally they just raise the rating to M but fags allow them to get away with it because
So while i disagree that everybody should learn nip just to "properly" enjoy a game I can see where he comes from. No localization company ever stays pure for long. It starts with small shit and ends up with half the game missing because muh feels.

Which would be possible if there weren't also people like that out in the world that can actually affect your job and life in general.

I'm kind of hoping Sony actually backpedals and releases a successor to the vita without all the retardation of the vita
But whats more likely to happen is Nintendo just releases 3DSV4 with a new card format and drops the Switch like the WiiU

Got proof of saying that? Because I remember a lack of proof for that claim when XX was announced

its probably also to do with support. Right now we have yet to see if the Switch gets solid support. We all remember the "3rd party is behind the Wii U like you wouldnt believe!" comments that were horseshit.
Right now the Vita is the indie western and japanese 3rd party platform. That means square enix, atlus, sega, xseed, nis, koetecmo, bamco, nippin icchi software and so on. not always producers of stellar games but odds are good there is something by a few of these devs for everyone. Right now the switch is a zelda box. doesnt mean zeldas bad, for a long time the ps4 was the bloodborne box and bloodborne is fucking great. But the 3rd party needs to show up, jp 3rd party is already there for the switch and putting out a fair few titles this year while the switch has yet to show its worth and the Wii U burnt a lot of people.

I guess I do come off that way a lot, but really, my thing is more about not going for anything but original releases as a whole, regardless of which direction it's going - shit gets fucked when it comes to Japan from the States too, like Battletoads. It's just that with the Vita Western devs don't really do shit with it to begin with, so it never really goes in that direction.

Honestly, I don't know shit about what is or isn't usual for SNS stuff, so fuck if I know. I'd be very curious to see what the exact wording of whatever got deleted was then.

The MonHun and SF not getting expanded rerelease versions? Unfortunately I don't, I rarely bother to save links to stuff like that. Sorry.

That was the wording, it was an image of the launch at some shibuya store with a bunch of people holding up copies and said "play it first on 3ds!" and when all the responses were "wait, "first"??" it got removed.

As in "play it first" in English?

in japanese but same term.

That's what I mean, I'd want to know the exact wording in Japanese.

"playable first on nintendo 3ds"

If you don't have the exact wording, you could just say so. I'm not saying you're lying, I just am curious to see what was actually written for myself.

That was the wording, why do you think everyone was going "just you watch its confirmed!" before the last nintendo direct?

So it was worded in English?

That was the translation, followed by japanese tweets going "first"?? then it got deleted but not before everyone screaming 'monster hunter for switch???' i dont get whats hard to grasp about this. Either i'm describing what happened or i'm full of shit and making it up but strangely specific about it for some reason. Point is there is a release schedule for monster hunter products and a summer jp only release for a monster hunter product on switch is happening according to the same schedule that confirmed RE7. Unless its a monster hunter stories port i dont see what else its going to be.

I'm not interested in a translation, I'm interested in what exactly was said. If you don't have it, that's fine, and I'm not trying to say that you're wrong or lying or anything, I just am personally curious as to what precisely was said.

It was Kojima in japanese saying whatever "Hope you enjoy it on 3DS first." in japanese. Word for word.

Well, if anyone has the actual Japanese text in question, I'd be grateful for a chance to see what precisely was said.

hey guys i was wondering if i should spring for the vita.
I have a psp 2000 with homebrew which allows psx games and isos to run plus a gbc emulator.
I was wondering if i could do the same stuff on the vita?

The vita has a gbc emulator called Masterboy and a psx emulator through retroarch/psx loading through adrenaline

would i be able to run pirated isos from the old psp in addition to the new ones?
sorry im a poor fag and not very educated in handhelds since the only ones i play are my 3ds with animal crossing new leaf

Yes, through Adrenaline. PSVita games are only pirateable up to 3.60 (about Oct of 2016) minus a few outliers.

so can you roll back software updates? or should i look for an older vita?

No. You will need to find a vita on 3.60 or below. Look for sealed consoles on retail shelves if you live in a place where the vita "failed" or buy older bundles from Amazon. You could try a secondhand shop and see if they'll let you check the system software if you don't mind used.
If you're not able to do that you can technically buy a higher FW vita and switch out the motherboard with a 3.60 motherboard. You can generally find those on marketplace sites for 30$~. You'll have to take the vita apart though.

thanks for the advice user! ill be sure to look!

Except it wasn't a joke. Acquire had it in the game from the get-go. They obviously didn't know what the KKK were, somehow, and when Tom contacted them about it they sent a new build with the sign changed. Reminder that Tom went on a huge tirade complaining about how Trump is "the evil fascist man" so Tom isn't as safe as people think either.

The VD thing has always been a n o n i s s u e. People crying about it are on a different level of autism and should always be laughed at.

What they removed is not the issue. XSEED did the same thing with SK game and nobody thought it was such a big deal. PQube claimed their release would be entirely uncensored and they ended up removing ages without telling people. As small a thing as age was it still shows both of them would and did censor something and, in at least one case, lie to and behave flippantly towards people who were upset about it.
In the case of VD I have no doubt there were people being stupid because they thought age removal was the sole problem there were also people focusing on the "they lied" aspect but for some reason, when brought up later, everybody dismisses this as a "nonissue". Both companies claim they don't censor things unless required to but obviously that is not the case.

I did it for her

Because only Americans care about that stuff generally? It's not really a thing in Japan.

Tom didn't contact them. Someone else on the team did, after the overall feeling in the office was, "Oh my God what if someone gets offended!"

If Tom ever leaves or gets fired, I'm dropping XSEED immediately. Hell, I'm already fucking considering it, even with Tom still being employed. There's only so much one man can fucking do in that kind of atmosphere.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/all-game-deals/cid=STORE-MSF77008-GOLDENWEEKSALEGG

precisely why it shouldn't have even been an issue to begin with. But XSEED would've changed the KKK REGARDLESS of the meaning behind it in-game, whether that be just a harmless parody of the light switch company, or some sort of joke.

same here. He's pretty much the only thing keeping XSEED from being just another NISA/8-4.

Hey, if we're lucky enough though if/when he gets fired/quits, he'll make his own localization company or get picked up by PQube.

Either that's not true, or there's a difference between in store and online prices. The latter of which admittedly wouldn't be the first case I've seen (Sin and Punishment 2 used to be liked at like $20 new on their website while remaining at a full $50 in store at the same time, and when I'd asked they said they don't price match to their own website).

I don't trust them any further than I can throw them, they've handled games decently so far but they're owned by the same guys as Rice Digital. Those faggots were very vocal about how DOAX not being released in the west was totally due to fiscal stuff instead of outrage media and the perpetually offended. They kept saying this even though the series has always done better in Europe and America than in Asia, and the statement coming from a jap koei tecmo employee in the first place.

Absolutely agreed, and if anyone changed their actual games because of some American concern, that's terrible and all the more reason to hope games just don't get foreign releases in the future.

So how shit is Akiba's Beat going to sell I mean it pretty much catered exclusively to weebs who care about censorship?

Goddammit can i not get them individually? I don't want to download an Xboxhueg torrent when I'll only care about 1/3rd of the games.

Mostly been playing various Senrans today, but are there any Vita games that are focused on aerial combat? Ground-based vehicles are fine too.

Maybe they'll eventually learn that offending people is a good way to get free advertising. Doubly so in this case because you also build good relations with your core audience who don't consider themselves fragile flowers.

Have you never torrented anything? Any decent client lets you choose which files to download, and even to set the priority for the ones you do.

Rude assholes need to be bullied.

Get a better torrent client faggot

Does anyone know who's handling the Mary Skelter localization?

Idea Factory International. They've been doing their own shit for the last couple of years now, ever since they kicked Doerr to the curb for his horrendous work on the Neptunia Re;Birth games. They said something along the lines of "if we can't bring a game to North America uncensored, then we won't bring it at all". It was a tweet, lost the archive link I had of it though.

So how's the piracy scene in PS-VITA?
Will I be able to pirate shit easily like in the PSP days?

play-asia.com/info/helpshippingoptions

Dude, that's awesome. I'm going to try that. Emulating Super Metroid/Metroid 2 and playing their remakes on the same device. Nice.

reddit .com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/582g9d/everything_you_need_to_know_about_vita_piracy_and/

Also, check wololo.

Congrats, user. Cherish it.

since we are close to 300, here is the updated gamechart from you know where for the next bread.

Nice to know they make garbage charts as usual.

Playing Dynasty Warriors 8 XL CE
First Musou game I have ever played. It's kinda fun

Got my pasta updated for the new thread. Some tidying, adding about PSX games since that works now, adding a couple of homebrews, and bit about keeping it unupdated.

pastebin.com/v8p0FQS0

Also playing Quake's second expansion. It's tough to ironman that with all the environmental hazards. Aiming with analog sticks isn't fun either, wish it had the N3DS clit mouse.

Dungeon Travelers 2-2 swimsuits
imgur.com/a/FznLj

I'm not going to pay for it, but god damn

poor franchise is deader than folks say the vita is ;_;7

I backed up all my legit, retail savedata using the official vita manager tool before doing the vita hacks. Can I put those back on my vita so I can play my cart games with their save data, while still having 3.60 + Henkaku?

Basically just want my Hot Shots Golf save + P4G NG+. Going on a road trip tomorrow.

Yes, as long as your psn account is still tied to the vita. (You don't need to log in to psn, just have it as the 'last psn account used').

Use QCMA to copy it back to the Vita since regular CMA will probably ask you to update.

There was a PSP game, it might have gotten translated as well. No idea how good it is though.

hell yea, thanks. I forgot that I pretty much 100% completed this. Still need to max out all the character loyalties.

Mediocre
If memory cards weren't so shit and hilariously overpriced, I genuinely wouldn't have bothered with piracy.

thanks user, i'll make sure it finds it's way into the OP

hnnnnnnnnnng

Also, once you have HENkaku, install Savemgr which allows you to dump and restore savedata in a 'generic' format that you can use to import on other Vita accounts via HENkaku. This way you'll have more reliable backups of your saves.

currently playing the old psp wipeout thanks to henkaku
a larger memory card but fuck the pricing
Nothing 'cause I can pirate games now

Also does anyone know if the henkaku has a Gamecube emulator? I can't find one anywhere.

SNES emulation ain't even 100%, my dude.

psp emulation isnt even 100%
and aren't there still some games that aren't 100%?

psp emulation works pretty much 100% for me. even with the glitches the original psp had

also OP add this to the Copy-pasta seeing as piracy is viable now:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0/edit#gid=0 they are video games

those are the 2exp items so if you want to save time you'll have to buy them.

just be sure to use Mai dumps where available. If you download a Vitamin VPK, extract it into a folder and install it like you would a normal Mai dump. Much quicker.

Cheers for that, otherwise I would have just tried running the vpk through the shell.

Also whats the go to memory card size to get 32GB seems too expensive at £50 and you can get some 16GB ones on ebay for like £30-34
Should I save up for a 32 or get a 16 now? Currently have a 4GB.

I'd say to save up for a 32GB one, it'll last you a lot longer. I've been using the same 32GB one for over a year now, since I get my games physical whenever possible.

Also, new thread SOON

new thread lads